• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldier: 76 would let out a deep sigh, ignoring the words of Ocelot and the skeleton-masked doctor. He didn't need any soup, or did he need another organization to be apart of. This multiversal bullshit is wracking his mind as it is, and the world he was born has too many problems as it is.

Slumping into a nearby seat, the old soldier would raise his hand to his mask, gripping it. With a plastic click, the mask would come off...

soldier__76_by_einlee-da2hfn2.jpg

"Gettin' too old for this shit." Jack sighed, the filter on his voice gone.
"Oh my god he really does look like Dad..."

Reactions: Takumi
"... You know what? Just forget it," Jesse could tell Killings wasn't someone to try and understand. Why couldn't he just bring in this Coalition people keep talking about? Who knows, only he does and he's not telling. Why bother when there was more important things to worry about?

Like Ocelot's offer and the audio log. Jesse doubted he could find the time to help the Coalition doing whatever the hell they did. His congregation needed preaching, so he couldn't leave it just yet. However, what about after he got Annsville set on the right course? He didn't want to stick around after to be honest, not when there wasn't anything really holding him down after he finishes the church business. Maybe the Coalition could use some help?

"Got some business in my world, but once I'm done, might be willin' to join."

With that said, Jesse took hold of the audio log he had found. Hadn't the group found these things to contain important details during the incident? Best give it a listen. The preacher pressed down on the play button, listening closely to the recording.​

This one seemed to be titled Time Queen.
*Click*

wDUi2Yr.png

Holy shit!

Listeners, if I have any, I just did something I can barely believe... I'm totally an Ultimate Time Portal Master!

See, I remembered the time when I was traveling around with Riley and friends, when we ended up in some spooky as shit town. I got so fucking lost in the mist and I ended up tumbling right into a portal!

And, this is some weirdo time stuff, but I'm the one who made it!

I made a portal to send another crazy person away, but I ended up falling right out of it... so, I guess that means I can run into myself. However, I panicked like crazy and totally opened up a new portal right away. Maybe I had Columbia on the brain but my past self fell through the new portal and right into Columbia.

I did a thing to my past self that I had already done... in the future. That's like some sci-fi movie!

I didn't follow after her... me... whatever. I didn't want to make things weird for her. So... next time a portal goes somewhere and I don't pop out, I'm totally using it to get--

Oh, fuck. My mark is turning green.

Well, listeners, if you find these audio logs, remember... Junko Enoshima is not just a fashion icon, but a time queen!

I just hope where I end up next is brighter...

*Click*​

• Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: Takumi and Atomyk
This one seemed to be titled Time Queen.
preacher.png

"... What the hell?" Had the Rapture group somehow missed this audio log? It felt like something that would have been important earlier to someone who knew what was going on. Who the hell was Junko Enoshima, and what the hell did she mean by portals? There was also the bit that about time travel that Jesse didn't understand, and he doubted he would ever understand it.

However, maybe those Coalition folks could use it? Seemed like something they would be interested in hearing. "Oi, Ocelot, got s-" Oh, right. He'd already gone on ahead with Jack to the portals, away from the party. With a sigh, the preacher made his way over to the beret wearing man while carrying the audio log with, "Oi, got something you Coalition people might want to have. Just found it."

@Jeremi @Verite

latest

Wadanohara's eyes glazed over distantly as she caught sight of the metallic shark. The familiar silhouette of a shark, even if this one was made of metal and steel, sent a wave of longing over the witch. She remembered him, and how he would often let her ride on him in his shark form. Much like how Kana was helping her now... "Samekichi... I wonder how you are now?" She murmured sadly, before turning away. At least it seemed like things were over, and they could go home soon. She tapped once on the dragon's scales to garner her attention, though her eyes flickered to Mirei.

"There's something I'd like to tell Kana, Keaton, and Mirei too. And something I'd like to share," she smiled softly at them.

@Crow @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @CruncyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Atomk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Little Wonders​
dpeyrHi.png

"Well, let's find the others then..."​

AtVjpXI.png

"It's nothing really... I couldn't have done it without you, or Gramps, or Kana, Wadanohara and Keaton," Mirei smiles, "thanks Mr McCree. I guess I should give you this as well."

$T2eC16dHJIQE9qUHuF(BBRnQkz(Rzw~~60_35.JPG

It was a badge. Probably some game.

"It was my bestest friend's idea quite a long time. A little something for you to remember me by, and a little something for me to remember you by."

AtVjpXI.png

"Looks like we did it. Looks like we did," Mirei said, then ponders about the possibility of soup.

FNk2reu.png

"Hmmm... Shouko talks to mushrooms, Nono's... afraid of a lot of stuff, Producer's afraid of Iguanas... and I don't even know what kind of food Sana likes. Licorice is out of the question... ugh... Ah! White chocolate soup please!"

She then realises what the odd skull man said prior to this.

jmsCKoe.png

"Wait a second, isn't that a little excessive? I know I'm inexperienced in love and all, but do people really do that much?"​

Well, this is it. This was goodbye.

cjDOPwY.png

"P- please, you three speak first," Mirei says to Kana, Wadanohara and Keaton, "then I'll say... what I have to say... before we..."

A tear rolled down Mirei's eyepatch-covered side of her face.

@Crow @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi @EVERYONE​
"Once you guys are done I... Uh... I got something I need to say too...." Keaton had suddenly spoken up upon the realization thyat he probably won't ever see Wadanohara or Mirei ever again after this. The Wolfskin's face dropped from happiness to sadness for a single moment before switching to indifferent as an attempt to try and hide it. He was saddened... But he had a pack back home that needed him and as much as he might want to he can't leave them behind...

@Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ringmaster @Takumi @Crow @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi @EVERYONE

Reactions: Hana
"... I... I'm not even sure... anymore..."

That was all that Nier had to say to Vanille, his voice void of any signs of hope he once had. From there, their group would make their way to meet up with the others. Along the way, Nier had to lean against Vanille as support when it became clear that using his sword much like a walking cane wasn't going to cut it. Again, he wasn't so aware of how long the Black Scrawl had been infecting him, and he wasn't sure if it would spread to the others... Though, the huntsman would start to appear much more pale than before, the disease slowly sapping away the physical energy he had to begin with.

tumblr_o95z2qYboY1v3qowuo1_100.png

"Ggh..."

Grunting in pain, Nier immediately dropped to the ground to finally sit and rest himself. His thoughts haunted him more and more. It just wasn't fair... to succumb to the same disease that his sister was also dying to... the same disease that took the life of his mother... it was horrible fate. He didn't even notice that there was an apparent celebration for the conclusion of these events, and that there was going to be a way home after all. But even if he figured that out, Nier was constantly reminded that by being so close to what he wanted to achieve... what he wanted to protect after so long... he was instantly slapped in the face by life itself upon getting the Black Scrawl...

How would everyone else go on without him? The people that he met during his search for the Sealed Verses? The people that he met in this hectic venture through Rapture? He knew that some wanted to go home to bid their business and live out their lives... something that Nier had been fighting for this entire time. However, Nier felt guilty in a way... maybe if he wasn't so reckless, he wouldn't have gotten the Black Scrawl... and then people wouldn't be so worried that he was dying... slowly and painfully. If he wanted to assure that people wouldn't be so hurt once he would pass on, Nier could've gone somewhere quiet and away from everybody else, and end his own life with a swift impalement. Yet, he didn't want to do that, not when people still worried for him. Either way... whether the death be quick or slow, it'll hurt them with how he'll be gone.

"... Vanille."

Saying her name with his weak voice, Nier raised his head towards her direction, a solemn and regretful expression to be seen. Digging through his pockets, he pulled out a small white flower, and surprisingly it wasn't crushed within his pocket or damaged any further. A perfect flower in his hands... the memories that it gave him.

tumblr_o91mteE7cr1v3qowuo5_100.png

"For you... this flower... it's called a Lunar Tear... there's a distinct legend about it... where if you hold good will in your heart... this Lunar Tear will grant a wish for you... and you wouldn't even know it..."

His hands began to tremble and shake as he held out the Lunar Tear for her, he could feel his muscles starting wither away... It wouldn't be long until he would be unable to move around like a living person anymore. Almost in a way due to the symbolism that he had told about this Lunar Tear, Nier was wishing Vanille a bittersweet goodbye... trying to ignore how tragic and cruel he had gotten the Black Scrawl...

"A... and... if you don't mind... could you... stick around... give me company... before... b-before..."

His voice cracked as he was giving this last request to Vanille, a single tear ran down his face. Before he could even try to finish this painful question to ask out, Nier hurled over, a nasty and horrid cough came out of him. Hints of blood splattered on his clothing, the floor, all over. Just a hint of blood... from coughing, it horrified Nier. He was beginning to realize that he had already hit the severe symptoms of the Black Scrawl... and the end was coming nearer and nearer...

@A Tiny Fool @ppl that wanna say hi to dying nier rip​
The young woman had taken the Lunar Tear from his hands and held it in her own. She carefully made sure that she didn't crush it with her shaking arms. Vanille would cherish the flower with all she had left. From what Nier said about the distinct legend, the Oerbian wondered if it were true. But...if the legend of gaining eternal life through entering crystal stasis back home was true...maybe, just maybe...it was the same.

What would she wish for?

"Thank you, Nier..."

"I'll keep it with me for as long as I'm able."

It was hard...watching Nier quickly wither away. He didn't have much time, and his life was deteriorating with every mere second that passed. Vanille didn't want to witness his passing, but with his request to her...she couldn't refuse. If she couldn't fulfill her promise with helping him get back home, she would follow his final request to her.

"Of course I will," she responded.

ffxiii-vanille-flowers.png

"You don't even have to ask... I'm here for you. Always."

Seeing Nier suddenly spew out blood crushed Vanille even more. Close... his time was close. She wished she was able to do something to help him.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you get back home."

"If I was there to help you fight, maybe it wouldn't have been like this. It's my fault for not being there for you."

@Gummi Bunnies @choochooican'tcomeupwithgoodstuff @becauseiamsobbin​

preacher.png

"... What the hell?" Had the Rapture group somehow missed this audio log? It felt like something that would have been important earlier to someone who knew what was going on. Who the hell was Junko Enoshima, and what the hell did she mean by portals? There was also the bit that about time travel that Jesse didn't understand, and he doubted he would ever understand it.

However, maybe those Coalition folks could use it? Seemed like something they would be interested in hearing. "Oi, Ocelot, got s-" Oh, right. He'd already gone on ahead with Jack to the portals, away from the party. With a sigh, the preacher made his way over to the beret wearing man while carrying the audio log with, "Oi, got something you Coalition people might want to have. Just found it."

@Jeremi @Verite
Ocelot raised a quizzical eyebrow when Jesse would approach him, wondering what he wanted. When the audio log would presumably be offered to him, he would take it in his hand and examine it, pressing play and hearing some of Junko Enoshima's voice. It was then that his formerly unconcerned expression would scrunch up a bit, as though he were intrigued, yet a bit mystified by it as well, but it interested him nonetheless. With that, he would look at Jesse and give a nod.

"I see... Yes, thank you very much for this. The person featured in this log has been a person of interest to the Coalition for some time now. With this, perhaps we can pick up a trace of where her whereabouts her. Thank you for your cooperation."

@The Tactician

Ocelot raised a quizzical eyebrow when Jesse would approach him, wondering what he wanted. When the audio log would presumably be offered to him, he would take it in his hand and examine it, pressing play and hearing some of Junko Enoshima's voice. It was then that his formerly unconcerned expression would scrunch up a bit, as though he were intrigued, yet a bit mystified by it as well, but it interested him nonetheless. With that, he would look at Jesse and give a nod.

"I see... Yes, thank you very much for this. The person featured in this log has been a person of interest to the Coalition for some time now. With this, perhaps we can pick up a trace of where her whereabouts her. Thank you for your cooperation."

@The Tactician
"No problem," Jesse answered with a shrug, at peace knowing they would be looking for the girl. With that bit of business done, the preacher would look around at all the people saying their goodbyes before walking towards his own ride home, "Well, best I get goin' then. Got a sermon to write up..." He wasn't going to admit to being hurt in a way that nobody had come by to say farewell to him. He hadn't been around long enough to really make any friends around here, and those he had been friends with seemed to have moved on to greener pastures. Not that he could blame them, given his short stint as a dead man.

Besides, for all he knew, none of this was actually real. From what he remembered from before waking up in Rapture, he and Cassidy had hit the bottle hard, not to mention that swill he had taken from his friend. The last thing he recalled was saying that The Big Lebowski was a great film... And then falling over like a tree out cold. How else was he supposed to explain the insanity he had witnessed here? An underwater civilization gone insane with drug users, a city in the clouds trying to be an American style of heaven, a vampire priest, a woman who could use light as if it was solid... All of it had to be a fever dream brought on by what he took from Cassidy, that was the only way to explain it all.

So why did he feel hurt that nobody was saying goodbye to him? Probably because it seemed so real.​

The young woman had taken the Lunar Tear from his hands and held it in her own. She carefully made sure that she didn't crush it with her shaking arms. Vanille would cherish the flower with all she had left. From what Nier said about the distinct legend, the Oerbian wondered if it were true. But...if the legend of gaining eternal life through entering crystal stasis back home was true...maybe, just maybe...it was the same.

What would she wish for?

"Thank you, Nier..."

"I'll keep it with me for as long as I'm able."

It was hard...watching Nier quickly wither away. He didn't have much time, and his life was deteriorating with every mere second that passed. Vanille didn't want to witness his passing, but with his request to her...she couldn't refuse. If she couldn't fulfill her promise with helping him get back home, she would follow his final request to her.

"Of course I will," she responded.

ffxiii-vanille-flowers.png

"You don't even have to ask... I'm here for you. Always."

Seeing Nier suddenly spew out blood crushed Vanille even more. Close... his time was close. She wished she was able to do something to help him.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you get back home."

"If I was there to help you fight, maybe it wouldn't have been like this. It's my fault for not being there for you."

@Gummi Bunnies @choochooican'tcomeupwithgoodstuff @becauseiamsobbin​
tumblr_o91lbnb1xF1v3qowuo6_100.png

"D... don't blame yourself... Vanille... nor can I blame... myself..."

With a tired voice to speak, Nier slowly and carefully lie down on the ground, unable to keep himself up to even sit anymore. The diseased seemed to be developing within him rapidly, the black runes soon reaching around the edge of his chin... It hurt so much, to think that he wasn't going to pull through after all... His senses beginning to fail him, Nier didn't see anyone else other than himself and Vanille, everything else becoming blurred and incoherent for him to understand.

Looking over at Vanille, Nier took in the fact that she was worried for him... and that in a way, he was indirectly hurting her with his own demise drawing near. Unable to maintain eye contact with her that long, his eye sight loosely drifted towards the things above, such as the sky that was above this city of Rapture.

tumblr_o91lbnb1xF1v3qowuo4_100.png

"... it hurts... so much... not only do I... get infected with... the Black Scrawl... my sister... she succumbs to this same... disease... and my mother... the Scrawl took her life... it's just not... fair..."

As he echoed this out, Nier's senses continued to deteriorate, his breathing starting to slow down... his skin appeared purely pale... sullen. The runes that marked the Black Scrawl, it began to expand it's infection to his face. What felt like an hour to him passed, what was actually to be the span of a few minutes, the Black Scrawl had severely accelerated in it's pace of killing him...

Despite this indescribable pain, Nier turned his head to face Vanille, reaching out his hand for her to hold for him. What felt like an eternity, Nier forced a genuine smile to emerge from his pain, all to reassure her that he wasn't all in despair. At the same time, the huntsman felt the need to say this, for what could be his last chance at saying so as the world around him began to disappear from his sight...

tumblr_o91iffJybm1v3qowuo4_100.png

"Vanille... I... I love y-"

Then there was silence. Whether or not Vanille would take a hold of his hand during these words, she would feel his grasp loosening and becoming non-existent. His eyes remained closed as his smile faded away into a hollow blank expression, the runes of the Black Scrawl further corrupting and defacing the now lifeless corpse of Nier with its horrid marks.

A terrible fate. The trail of a single tear was the only other thing that was present on Nier's face, and it was the last thing that Nier could express.

A single tear. As for Vanille, the Lunar Tear that he passed on to her, it was his final presence of life.

@A Tiny Fool

GfGgkLN.png

"Soup?" Kana spoke up as she reverted back to her human shape and letting Wadanohara down on the ground, interested in the prospect of getting a lifetime supply of canned soup. She licked her lips, "Miso soup! Miso soup!" she called out with a jump and a cheer. Takumi liked miso soup, most of Hoshido liked miso soup. Beef stew wasn't an option, but Kana was fine with that. They always took forever making it by hand anyway. "Mama will be so happy when I come back with so much soup~" she giggled before realizing what that meant.

MrTeDBo.png

Kana blinked at her friends before clinging onto Keaton's arm, her cheerful demeanor faltering. "Oh..." she whispered. "That means I won't be able to see Wadanohara and Mirei anymore." She reached to grab a fistful of their clothing, "Waaaah- Don't go!" She had finally made friends by herself! She had been independent along with her group, why did they have to go? She sobbed, wishing that everyone lived in one world and not many.

@Crow @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ringmaster @Takumi @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi

Clare had patted Mirei, Kana, and Wadanohara's heads.

"It was a pleasure being with your group. I hope that your lives are long." waa all she had to say so far. Then, to Keaton, Ty Lee, Helena, McCree, Winslow, Samael and Soldier 76 she gave each a small nod of respect before finding Lucifer and standing beside him.

GfGgkLN.png

"Soup?" Kana spoke up as she reverted back to her human shape and letting Wadanohara down on the ground, interested in the prospect of getting a lifetime supply of canned soup. She licked her lips, "Miso soup! Miso soup!" she called out with a jump and a cheer. Takumi liked miso soup, most of Hoshido liked miso soup. Beef stew wasn't an option, but Kana was fine with that. They always took forever making it by hand anyway. "Mama will be so happy when I come back with so much soup~" she giggled before realizing what that meant.

MrTeDBo.png

Kana blinked at her friends before clinging onto Keaton's arm, her cheerful demeanor faltering. "Oh..." she whispered. "That means I won't be able to see Wadanohara and Mirei anymore." She reached to grab a fistful of their clothing, "Waaaah- Don't go!" She had finally made friends by herself! She had been independent along with her group, why did they have to go? She sobbed, wishing that everyone lived in one world and not many.

@Crow @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ringmaster @Takumi @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi

Clare glanced over when Kana started to cry, then noticed something else.

Neir and Vanille's little moment together. She frowned at this.

She was sure Kana eould be fine. But, what happened with Neir and Vanille was something different entirely.

She wordlessly looked to her partner, grey eyes staring into red.

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Verite @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Yun Lee @OrlandoBloomers @T.O.M. @Anybody I missed @Everyone

"No problem," Jesse answered with a shrug, at peace knowing they would be looking for the girl. With that bit of business done, the preacher would look around at all the people saying their goodbyes before walking towards his own ride home, "Well, best I get goin' then. Got a sermon to write up..." He wasn't going to admit to being hurt in a way that nobody had come by to say farewell to him. He hadn't been around long enough to really make any friends around here, and those he had been friends with seemed to have moved on to greener pastures. Not that he could blame them, given his short stint as a dead man.

Besides, for all he knew, none of this was actually real. From what he remembered from before waking up in Rapture, he and Cassidy had hit the bottle hard, not to mention that swill he had taken from his friend. The last thing he recalled was saying that The Big Lebowski was a great film... And then falling over like a tree out cold. How else was he supposed to explain the insanity he had witnessed here? An underwater civilization gone insane with drug users, a city in the clouds trying to be an American style of heaven, a vampire priest, a woman who could use light as if it was solid... All of it had to be a fever dream brought on by what he took from Cassidy, that was the only way to explain it all.

So why did he feel hurt that nobody was saying goodbye to him? Probably because it seemed so real.​
"Preacher."

A familiar voice called out to Jesse, behind him. Jacks voice--freed from the hidden filter of his mask. His tired, battle-worn face was open for all to see...every wrinkle, every scar, and every bag under his eye.

"Stop lookin' so sad. I didn't see you lead this band of jokers through hell, just to watch you die and come back looking like your about to cry, hmph!" the old man said, in a grumpy, but well-mannered fashion. Like a father trying to get his son to be a man, he tried his best to give the man his send off...because, as far as the jaded, grizzled Morrison is concerned, the man standing before him was a hero. A selfless hero who ended up dying, but clawed his way out of heaven because he cared that much about his flock of strangers whom he never even met.

He simply did good, because that was the right thing to do. A cause that warmed the cold veterans heart.​

tumblr_o91jdjWt3t1v3qowuo8_100.png

As things had calmed down to a discussion by the looks of it, Nier rested himself finally, collapsing to the ground. It was only now that he realized that he was overworking himself during that confrontation. Once getting some hold over his breath, Nier went to retrieve his other greatsword before weakly walking over to the others, seeing that they were discussing on what to do with Handsome Jack now.

tumblr_o91lbnb1xF1v3qowuo9_100.png

"... whatever we choose to do, I'll refrain from putting any... choice into it. I... I won't think straight if I do..."

Sharing those words, Nier stumbled a bit, using his Nameless Blade almost like a walking cane for now. He felt like passing out, but kept himself upright. His thoughts racing madly, Nier felt the dizziness settle in... making him feel the fatigue he ignored during that fight...

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @york @Kaykay @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman
Bridgette would flash Jesse a sad smile. "I know...it still hurts though..."

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @york @Kaykay @C.T. @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @DapperDogman
He ignored everything else to focus on Miss Dewitt.

This was always the hardest part of the job, the aftermath. When the bullets were flying and the spells were slinging, it was easy to know who your enemy was. You stabbed whoever tried to kill you and did so, in order to save those who could not lift a hand to protect themselves. But not all the time. Sometimes, the Law's representatives would see the bodies, look around in the aftermath and see what monsters were capable of. And if they even let themselves go, for a few blessed seconds it would be glorious. It would be wonderful.

But it wouldn't be the Law.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

They did. All the time, to ensure the other didn't fall. It wasn't a perfect system but it had to do.

Especially with a beat as large as several worlds, unlike Jacob and his narrower view of focus. He envied that mindset sometimes, to have an entire world be....Well, one world. To believe that was all it ever could be. And for a moment, his mind drifted to a memory past.

----Flashback---

"I was younger then. Brasher, more impulsive."

Elizabeth turned in shock, to see Lucifer standing by the doors of the chapel they were in as he smiled wryly at her. He was cleaner then his physical state- Clad in a simple priests garb as he fingered rosary beads in his hand before shaking his head.

"Nevertheless, it was a sacrifice that enabled me to go to where I am now. Seeing her again like this- Well, it makes me worry. Not just for this world, but my own as well. What happened to her? Could I have made a difference if I was there? Should I have pushed?"

He sighed out and looked at the altar, Elizabeth silent as she listened, knowing it was what he wanted most now before saying quietly.

"These are all your special people. Family, friends...Loved ones. All sacrificed to to do what?"

He seemed surprised she even asked.

"Why, to do what Yomi wished to do- Duty. To be the one between the victim and the oppressor, to be the monster slayer, the anti-hero. I've sacrificed many important things, wishing I could have been otherwise. But its not something I can walk away from, any more then I can stop breathing."

Taking note of their surroundings, he smiled in a twisted fashion.

"For in much wisdom is much grief. And he that increaseth in knowledge, increaseth in sorrow."

Elizabeth nodded, arms crossed as she spoke. "Eecclesiastes, chapter one. Verse eighteen."

Lucifer nodded, pleased despite himself. "You know your scripture."

"I just like to read."

"So do I. I had a good friend who only fed my addiction."

-----End Flashback----

"....She was my friend too."

It was a near quiet voice, Lucifer's head bowed as his hat brim hid his expression. Aloud, he continued.

"...But I have a duty to bring him in for justice for what he did. She may not be....Ours, the ones we knew. But for her sake, we can assure that he pays for what he did. Judged by those he had wronged, as it should be."

He looked back up and if there were tears falling, he made no mention of them as he fixed both the Preacher and Miss Dewitt with a steely gaze. In a hoarse tone, he added quietly.

"By your leave."

And with a salute, he marched away for a quiet corner, where believe it or not he had a good, cathartic cry. Borne of stress and the past events as he finally allowed himself to mourn for those who had fallen and weren't returning, for the victims of those who sought power. Sabrina, stupid, brave girl....And Elizabeth Comstock.

He was a kindly soul still and when he finally could relax, he wiped his eyes, blew his nose and said to himself.

"Now that's over. And for all your efforts, people died but you can't blame yourself for that. People make their choices and with freedom to choose, comes the freedom to take the consequences and you can't be everywhere. Thinking like that opens the door to other, dangerous things. You're an agent...Executor no more."

Nevertheless, he stayed in his corner, head bowed for as long as it took to calm himself.

@Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Everybody​
"It's alright, grief will pass eventually... Might sting sometimes when you think about passed family, but it'll be alright," Jesse explained while returning the smile.​

I replied to the man I'd thought dead since the debacle with Jack the Ripper, "More or less-- I will interrogate him in short order. It won't be pretty." Then I briefly glanced to the parchment in his hand that he held for Jesse, it was clearly related to his mention of positions of power. An envoy of a Queen.

It was then I displayed the rosette pinned to my chest, indicating my position as Inquisitor, one with the full authority to move worlds within the Imperium should it come to it.

"Gregor Eisenhorn. And I believe you've mistaken me for Owlman," I said smoothly, my features unshifting as I said so; "It seemed to be an accident. It was unfortunate."

"I see. That is strange; would you let me know what is the cause should you discover it?" I asked the Preacher politely, before replying to Samael.

"No. The thought is appreciated but where I hail, dimensions are something to be wary of. It's related to daemons, the likes of which we've fought at least thrice. I'd much rather a room here." That and I wasn't wholly receptive on utilizing the seemingly heretical power of an otherwordly entity like her. Still, I put forth my best air of geniality despite my injuries, nodding my thanks.

That... was a unique ability. I considered briefly before I requested something of her, "May I have your assistance? I will need the occasional healing for our prisoner here. I would wait, if necessary, until you've attended to all else. You won't be directly involved in the interrogation but I would retrieve you on the occasion. ... Though I understand if you decline, it is quite distasteful work."

@Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Ringmaster @Kaykay @Anyone else
Houston glared at Jack with his arms, feeling no remorse for him. "I say we kill him, Dumb criminals like him don't last long in this world." He said, looking away from Jack again. "Sheesh, all this talk of killing this ass-hat's taking longer then the time when we busted the Benelovent." He said to himself, growing impatient with the whole situation.

@DapperDogman @Jeremi @Everyone else, stop having long names ;(
The After Party

Everything seemed to have settled down. The group had forced Handsome Jack to have the ones in his army still fighting to stand down. Eggman had received reports that Columbia while badly hurt had managed to repel the Big Daddy army.

Now everyone would have made their way to the heart of Rapture.

latest

Market Street. I time bubble of how Rapture had looked like before the Civil War. It had been untouched by all of the chaos that had erupted through Rapture for the past two years. As an architect Symmetra in particular couldn't help but admire the scenery and the wonder of an untouched Rapture.

latest

The group would finally have been gathered together again. Handsome Jack and his cronies were surrounded by the Columbia soldiers that had arrived with Dr Eggman and the Monarch. They would get what was coming for them soon enough. Even Armaggon had surrendered quietly after Caira had healed him.

"Great job gang!" Reyna, Ya'Wara and Mae came up to the group all of them with a smile on their face. "We did it! No...you did it! I would've personally drowned the son of a bitch but I'm not going to argue with you right now. Cause we kicked his bitch ass to the curb and the people here will be able to live a normal life again."

"The question still remains though." Mae spoke up. "Even with Jack defeated, do we have the means to escape this world? And who originally brought the other group here."

"I believe I can be of assistance to both of your queries." An old man with a tinge of a German accent wearing a very weird looking costume would appear from the shadows.

250px-Killinger.png

"I am Doctor Henry Killinger, and this is my magical murder bag." He replied raising his bag for everyone to see.

"Wait what Killinger?" Monarch replied in surprise. "What are you doing here?" There seemed to be some familiarity between the two considering how the Monarch reacted to him.

"It is simple...I was the mastermind of other groups arrival here. I gathered them for a very simple task." He'd point at the Monarch. "To bring you back home to your loving wife."

A collective WHAT?! Echoed through the group. "Excuse me...are you saying that...we are here...because we were supposed to rescue him?" Symmetra asked utterly confused.

"In the simplest of terms...yes. That was why you were here. But isn't that more than enough? The knowledge of helping a wife reunite with her husband. True love can not even be contained through the multiverse."

"Speaking of which, I took the liberty to give the Coalition an anonymous tip, they should be here to liberate all of you shortly and to monitor the situation. There is obviously much work left."

"I still require the return of my amulet." Ya'Wara replied.

"Yeah we just need to park his baby some place nice and remote before we let you have it though. Free falling through the sky is not on my agenda after all."

"We can not forget about the Splicers either. Left to their own devices on the surface, the damage they could cause."

"I would not much worry about the Splicers...if you inspect the transcripts you liberated from the Thinker you will possibly find a way to save them. With the technology the Coalition have at its disposal. It is the least they can do."

Having said that he'd turn towards the group he had sent here to save Rapture and the Monarch. "As a final prize for doing my work...I will grant you a very special reward. The reward of...a life time supply of a canned soup of your choosing. I understand that noodle soup is a tempting thought...but how much variation can you really do with it?"

As Killinger said that portals would start emerging behind him as people in military outfits emerged. The Coalition was there to bring everyone back home.

~Cast List~
@A Tiny Fool as Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)
@Atomyk as Carol Peletier (The Walking Dead)
@BarrenThin as McCree (Overwatch)
@Bomb as Lee Kwang Soo (Running Man)
@CCC Kouhai as Viola (Witch's House)
@Chris Lang as Mystique (Marvel Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Keaton (Fire Emblem)
@Crow as Mirei Hayasaka (iDOLM@STER)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Soldier 76 (Overwatch)
@C.T. as Gwenpool (Marvel Comics)
@DBZ7 as Foo Fighters (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
@Ellya as Evie Frye (Assassin's Creed)
@Gummi Bunnies as Nier (NieR)
@Hana as Wadanohara (Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea)
@Indolent as Gregor Eisenhorn (Warhammer 40k)
@Josh M as Ellis (Left 4 Dead)
@Kaykay as Samael (Tokyo Babel)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Ayano Aishi (Yandere Simulator)
@Krieg as Tywin Lannister (Game of Thrones)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall (Teen Wolf)
@Minerva as Skyla (Pokemon)
@Nater Taters as Niko Bellic (Grand Theft Auto)
@OrlandoBloomers as Helena (Orphan Black)
@Raven as Mabel "Madea" Simmons (Madea)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Matthias Anghelscu (Murder Series)
@Ryu Keiko as Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
@Sen as Kana (Fire Emblem)
@T.O.M. as Winslow Leach "Phantom" (Phantom of the Paradise)
@Takumi as Clare (Claymore)
@Verite as Spider-Gwen (Marvel Comics)
@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Houston (Payday)
@Yang Lee as Marquis d'Caliber (Battleborn)
@Yata as Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge)
@york as Owlman (DC Comics)
@Yun Lee as Ty Lee (Avatar)
@The Tactician as Jesse Custer (Preacher)
@DapperDogman as Jacob Frye (Assassins Creed)​

MoNja2W.png

Well.

Okay.

Thanks to the handiwork of this man who named himself Killinger, who had orchestrated all this supposedly, they would all be able to leave and get back to wherever they wanted (granted with the right coordinates input into the consoles). Ocelot would be a bit more annoyed that he had spent two bloody years of his life, relative to this world, in this world, but he could suspect that little had changed throughout the more... important worlds like the one that resided within the Coalition base.

He could only hope that his superiors weren't about to so suddenly chew him about despite his possibly long departure.

With that, Ocelot would face the Coalition officers nearby, clearing his throat. "My, what an enlightening adventure that was, wouldn't you agree, Agent Anghelscu, Clare... Ellis," he said, mentioning the last name with some irritation behind his voice, as though there was something Ellis had done in the past that he had never quite forgotten about.

One had to wonder why he had such an aversion to Ellis.

Clearing his throat, he approached Reyna for a brief moment, formally tucking his arms behind his back, Ocelot would begin to speak, persevering with his usual displeased expression. "Boss woman, in the two years I've known you, I just want you to know... that you are a complete hardass and uncomfortably masculine for a woman. That being said..." He stopped briefly, his lips curling into a smirk, "... It was an honor to fight alongside you, but I've got more battles to fight elsewhere. Take care now. Come now, Lucifer, Clare, Ellis," Ocelot would say, giving a wave as he'd begin to walk off.

"H-Hey, hold on a sec!"

9kuJQUL.png

Approaching him from behind, Gwen, an urgent expression on her face underneath her mask, would jog over and stop, looking up at the young man like she needed to ask something.

And so she did.

"So uh... this Coalition organization... I assume that you're all supposed to be some sort of multiversal justice alliance, judging from what Mr. Lucifer told me. If that's the case, then... I'd like to join too!"

"I-If uh, y'know, that's okay."

Gwen was met with an uncomfortable silence as Ocelot looked at her with a fairly unconcerned gaze, extending over a period of time long enough where the costumed girl even coughed, before the blonde man would finally respond to her.

"Sure."

... Huh?

"... Oh. I-Is there like, an aptitude test I need to take? Some big trial of tribulations that I need to go through?"

"Not really."

"No intense training regiment, or any mission to send me on to prove my worth, or...?"

"That'll be on you."

"... Huh. Okay."

Well, that was awfully easy.

That being said, Ocelot would clear his throat, directing his attention to the rest of the people present.

"I should also mention... If any of you also wish to join the Coalition and our efforts to stop people from ending up situations just like the one that you just finished surviving, feel free to follow me. We don't bite. I mean, I might, but..."

... Yeah.

With that, he would grab the restrained Handsome Jack by the back of his collar, leading him towards the portals to put him on trial as he would wait for people to respond to his offer.

@Ringmaster @Takumi @Josh M @Jeremi @Everyone
Owlman; Epilogue - The Owl's Plight
@A Tiny Fool @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @CCC Kouhai @Chris Lang @Crimson Spartan @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @DBZ7 @Ellya @Gummi Bunnies @Hana @Indolent @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Sen @T.O.M. @Takumi @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @Yun Lee @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Others?

Rq1NSxs.gif

So... It turns out they were brought here by someone just to simply re-unite a prince... And a princess? He supposed the collateral stuff that happened was intentional, to balance an unbalance dimension, but he seriously had to wonder why their reward was... Soup of all things? Whatever... It didin't matter, it was over. Though, he was a little hungry, so he decided to grab a few cans of soup for the road; who knows when he would get another meal. The only way he could possibly be returned to his own world in one piece, was if he arrived on that cold icy planet, just shortly before the bomb would detonate. Only this time... He would cancel the process; after all... If he were dead, how would he find a choice that truly mattered to him now. Even if it would take him an eternity and a half to find it, he didn't mind; there was an vast array of Universes, and parallel earths he could explore, to find even one choice that he deemed would matter.

Just as he was about to let himself be taken away by the members of the Coalition, he heard what Ocelot mentioned, about joining the Coalition. Glancing at Jack, a mysterious glint suddenly showed in his eyes, before he decided to follow Ocelot, intending to join the Coalition. It was less about "doing good" though... Owlman saw the Coalition as his best bet of finding that choice that mattered in his eyes, after all... They had alot more experience with inter-dimensional travel than he did... Access to a multitude of Universes that he hadn't even dreamt of... A little time doing some side tasks wouldn't matter to him, as long as he got to find that choice that mattered... Some day...

Just as he was about to enter the portal Ocelot was, he paused for a moment, recalling Batman's last words to him;

"There IS a difference between you and me..."

"We both looked into the abyss; but when it looked back at us... You blinked."

Perhaps Batman was right; somewhere, in his dark past... Something had caused him to snap, that caused him to become the Owlman, rather than the Batman... The exact details were lost to him now, but noneetheless, he seemed oddly... Indifferent about this now. Perhaps the events in this strange place had changed him? It was after all what had happened here, that had caused him to feel even a slight pang of guilt for a change... And, unexpectedly, he had ended up helping the "good guys", even if it was just a matter of his ego, if anything.

"We'll meet again... Old friend..." He thought to himself.

It was true; Owlman intended to meet up with Batman once again... But not now; he had more... Important matters to attend to, like observing Jack's trial... Though it was just a trivial event in itself... He always took joy in seeing those that had "peeved" him, get what was coming to them... And with that, he entered the portal that Ocelot had brought Jack through, sealing his final decision, to join the Coalition.

End - The Night Owl

NcIoybY.png

*Roll Credits*

"Preacher."

A familiar voice called out to Jesse, behind him. Jacks voice--freed from the hidden filter of his mask. His tired, battle-worn face was open for all to see...every wrinkle, every scar, and every bag under his eye.

"Stop lookin' so sad. I didn't see you lead this band of jokers through hell, just to watch you die and come back looking like your about to cry, hmph!" the old man said, in a grumpy, but well-mannered fashion. Like a father trying to get his son to be a man, he tried his best to give the man his send off...because, as far as the jaded, grizzled Morrison is concerned, the man standing before him was a hero. A selfless hero who ended up dying, but clawed his way out of heaven because he cared that much about his flock of strangers whom he never even met.

He simply did good, because that was the right thing to do. A cause that warmed the cold veterans heart.​
Jesse paused as he turned to the old man who had been one of the main defenders of the group. It seemed 76 hadn't forgotten about him after all. "Just tired, that's all. Besides, bit worried about the church back home," It was a bit of a lie, but it was also fitting for a preacher like him, allowing him to focus on something other than himself. Like the fact that the old man had taken his visor off.

"Huh, so that's what ya look like under that mask, old man? Looks like you've been to hell and back," He cracked a smile, trying to ellicit a laugh or anything from the soldier.​

MoNja2W.png

Well.

Okay.

Thanks to the handiwork of this man who named himself Killinger, who had orchestrated all this supposedly, they would all be able to leave and get back to wherever they wanted (granted with the right coordinates input into the consoles). Ocelot would be a bit more annoyed that he had spent two bloody years of his life, relative to this world, in this world, but he could suspect that little had changed throughout the more... important worlds like the one that resided within the Coalition base.

He could only hope that his superiors weren't about to so suddenly chew him about despite his possibly long departure.

With that, Ocelot would face the Coalition officers nearby, clearing his throat. "My, what an enlightening adventure that was, wouldn't you agree, Agent Anghelscu, Clare... Ellis," he said, mentioning the last name with some irritation behind his voice, as though there was something Ellis had done in the past that he had never quite forgotten about.

Clearing his throat, he approached Reyna for a brief moment, formally tucking his arms behind his back, Ocelot would begin to speak, persevering with his usual displeased expression. "Boss woman, in the two years I've known you, I just want you to know... that you are a complete hardass and uncomfortably masculine for a woman. That being said..." He stopped briefly, his lips curling into a smirk, "... It was an honor to fight alongside you, but I've got more battles to fight elsewhere. Take care now. Come now, Lucifer, Clare, Ellis," Ocelot would say, giving a wave as he'd begin to walk off.

"H-Hey, hold on a sec!"

9kuJQUL.png

Approaching him from behind, Gwen, an urgent expression on her face underneath her mask, would jog over and stop, looking up at the young man like she needed to ask something.

And so she did.

"So uh... this Coalition organization... I assume that you're all supposed to be some sort of multiversal justice alliance, judging from what Mr. Lucifer told me. If that's the case, then... I'd like to join too!"

Gwen was met with an uncomfortable silence as Ocelot looked at her with a fairly unconcerned gaze, extending over a period of time long enough where the costumed girl even coughed, before the blonde man would finally respond to her.

"Sure."

... Huh?

"... Oh. I-Is there like, an aptitude test I need to take? Some big trial of tribulations that I need to go through?"

"Not really."

"No intense training regiment, or any mission to send me on to prove my worth, or...?"

"That'll be on you."

"... Huh. Okay."

That being said, Ocelot would clear his throat, directing his attention to the rest of the people present.

"I should also mention... If any of you also wish to join the Coalition and our efforts to stop people from ending up situations just like the one that you just finished surviving, feel free to follow me. We don't bite. I mean, I might, but..."

... Yeah.

With that, he would grab the restrained Handsome Jack by the back of his collar, leading him towards the portals to put him on trial as he would wait for people to respond to his offer.

"Hey! HEY! Hands off the merchandise!" Jack replied shaking himself off from Ocelot's grip. "I don't need you to lead me anywhere. I can lead myself."
He cleared his throat briefly, a flat look given to Ocelot at the bite comment.

He hated goodbyes. They were so final and....Sad. And every time he said goodbye, it always meant he'd never see that person again. Not that he believed that by any stretch of the word here. Events like these....They left their mark on the people involved. It opened their eyes, it inspired them to a greater sense beyond the world they knew. It was always dangerous, but what they got out of it....Was knowledge. Strength. Worlds apart they may be, but even then they could find common ground.

He saw the little idol, crying with the cyborg cowboy's hat on her head.

He saw a preacher and a soldier, exchange words borne of mutual respect.

He saw a city in the clouds and no longer felt sad as he stared at the impossible, beautiful sight.

They would meet again. So rather then saying goodbye, Lucifer would prefer 'until next time'.

He glanced to his partner, noticing she was staring at him and he cracked a small smile, if somewhat byronic in his choice of outfit. He was going to have to repair his longcoat and his regular outfit was torn. The only thing to survive was the hat.

"There something on my face?"

@Takumi

"Soooo.... Wait.... If he's been taken out.... Then that could mean they've won up there.... Did we... Did we win after all...? Can we finally go home...?" Important question but the Wolfskin was very worried for his pack after all. That and he needed to get Kana home safely.. After all her mother must be very worried about her.

But all of that had to wait as he turned to Ty Lee...

"Hey, Thanks for getting that little girl off of me earlier. I didn't want to hurt her but you seemed to take care of it without hurting her..." Keaton commented thanking Ty Lee for her help earlier...

@Jeremi @Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee @Little Wonder
Ty Lee smiled warmly at Keaton. "Don't mention it! We need to stick together, you know?"

The After Party

Everything seemed to have settled down. The group had forced Handsome Jack to have the ones in his army still fighting to stand down. Eggman had received reports that Columbia while badly hurt had managed to repel the Big Daddy army.

Now everyone would have made their way to the heart of Rapture.

latest

Market Street. I time bubble of how Rapture had looked like before the Civil War. It had been untouched by all of the chaos that had erupted through Rapture for the past two years. As an architect Symmetra in particular couldn't help but admire the scenery and the wonder of an untouched Rapture.

latest

The group would finally have been gathered together again. Handsome Jack and his cronies were surrounded by the Columbia soldiers that had arrived with Dr Eggman and the Monarch. They would get what was coming for them soon enough. Even Armaggon had surrendered quietly after Caira had healed him.

"Great job gang!" Reyna, Ya'Wara and Mae came up to the group all of them with a smile on their face. "We did it! No...you did it! I would've personally drowned the son of a bitch but I'm not going to argue with you right now. Cause we kicked his bitch ass to the curb and the people here will be able to live a normal life again."

"The question still remains though." Mae spoke up. "Even with Jack defeated, do we have the means to escape this world? And who originally brought the other group here."

"I believe I can be of assistance to both of your queries." An old man with a tinge of a German accent wearing a very weird looking costume would appear from the shadows.

250px-Killinger.png

"I am Doctor Henry Killinger, and this is my magical murder bag." He replied raising his bag for everyone to see.

"Wait what Killinger?" Monarch replied in surprise. "What are you doing here?" There seemed to be some familiarity between the two considering how the Monarch reacted to him.

"It is simple...I was the mastermind of other groups arrival here. I gathered them for a very simple task." He'd point at the Monarch. "To bring you back home to your loving wife."

A collective WHAT?! Echoed through the group. "Excuse me...are you saying that...we are here...because we were supposed to rescue him?" Symmetra asked utterly confused.

"In the simplest of terms...yes. That was why you were here. But isn't that more than enough? The knowledge of helping a wife reunite with her husband. True love can not even be contained through the multiverse."

"Speaking of which, I took the liberty to give the Coalition an anonymous tip, they should be here to liberate all of you shortly and to monitor the situation. There is obviously much work left."

"I still require the return of my amulet." Ya'Wara replied.

"Yeah we just need to park his baby some place nice and remote before we let you have it though. Free falling through the sky is not on my agenda after all."

"We can not forget about the Splicers either. Left to their own devices on the surface, the damage they could cause."

"I would not much worry about the Splicers...if you inspect the transcripts you liberated from the Thinker you will possibly find a way to save them. With the technology the Coalition have at its disposal. It is the least they can do."

Having said that he'd turn towards the group he had sent here to save Rapture and the Monarch. "As a final prize for doing my work...I will grant you a very special reward. The reward of...a life time supply of a canned soup of your choosing. I understand that noodle soup is a tempting thought...but how much variation can you really do with it?"

As Killinger said that portals would start emerging behind him as people in military outfits emerged. The Coalition was there to bring everyone back home.

~Cast List~
@A Tiny Fool as Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)
@Atomyk as Carol Peletier (The Walking Dead)
@BarrenThin as McCree (Overwatch)
@Bomb as Lee Kwang Soo (Running Man)
@CCC Kouhai as Viola (Witch's House)
@Chris Lang as Mystique (Marvel Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Keaton (Fire Emblem)
@Crow as Mirei Hayasaka (iDOLM@STER)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Soldier 76 (Overwatch)
@C.T. as Gwenpool (Marvel Comics)
@DBZ7 as Foo Fighters (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
@Ellya as Evie Frye (Assassin's Creed)
@Gummi Bunnies as Nier (NieR)
@Hana as Wadanohara (Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea)
@Indolent as Gregor Eisenhorn (Warhammer 40k)
@Josh M as Ellis (Left 4 Dead)
@Kaykay as Samael (Tokyo Babel)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Ayano Aishi (Yandere Simulator)
@Krieg as Tywin Lannister (Game of Thrones)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall (Teen Wolf)
@Minerva as Skyla (Pokemon)
@Nater Taters as Niko Bellic (Grand Theft Auto)
@OrlandoBloomers as Helena (Orphan Black)
@Raven as Mabel "Madea" Simmons (Madea)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Matthias Anghelscu (Murder Series)
@Ryu Keiko as Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
@Sen as Kana (Fire Emblem)
@T.O.M. as Winslow Leach "Phantom" (Phantom of the Paradise)
@Takumi as Clare (Claymore)
@Verite as Spider-Gwen (Marvel Comics)
@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Houston (Payday)
@Yang Lee as Marquis d'Caliber (Battleborn)
@Yata as Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge)
@york as Owlman (DC Comics)
@Yun Lee as Ty Lee (Avatar)
@The Tactician as Jesse Custer (Preacher)
@DapperDogman as Jacob Frye (Assassins Creed)​

MoNja2W.png

Well.

Okay.

"H-Hey, hold on a sec!"

9kuJQUL.png

And so she did.

"Sure."

... Huh?

"Not really."

"That'll be on you."

"... Huh. Okay."

... Yeah.

dpeyrHi.png

"Well, let's find the others then..."​

AtVjpXI.png

"It's nothing really... I couldn't have done it without you, or Gramps, or Kana, Wadanohara and Keaton," Mirei smiles, "thanks Mr McCree. I guess I should give you this as well."

$T2eC16dHJIQE9qUHuF(BBRnQkz(Rzw~~60_35.JPG

It was a badge. Probably some game.

"It was my bestest friend's idea quite a long time. A little something for you to remember me by, and a little something for me to remember you by."

AtVjpXI.png

"Looks like we did it. Looks like we did," Mirei said, then ponders about the possibility of soup.

FNk2reu.png

"Hmmm... Shouko talks to mushrooms, Nono's... afraid of a lot of stuff, Producer's afraid of Iguanas... and I don't even know what kind of food Sana likes. Licorice is out of the question... ugh... Ah! White chocolate soup please!"

She then realises what the odd skull man said prior to this.

jmsCKoe.png

"Wait a second, isn't that a little excessive? I know I'm inexperienced in love and all, but do people really do that much?"​

Well, this is it. This was goodbye.

cjDOPwY.png

"P- please, you three speak first," Mirei says to Kana, Wadanohara and Keaton, "then I'll say... what I have to say... before we..."

A tear rolled down Mirei's eyepatch-covered side of her face.

@Crow @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi @EVERYONE

"..." Well that sounded like a dream gig, to put it mildly. Being a inter-universal hero and being inspired by one of the agents of this Coalition herself(Thank ye Lucifer), saving many others from having to be in this kind of crazy mess this adventure had been. With all the murder and getting shot twice and everything...still. She had a question or two. Namely: "Uh...excuse me but...it pays well, right? I do like helping, honestly but gotta have those dollar bills to live, y'know? Food and drink and housing and...the rest."

@Verite @Ringmaster @Takumi @Josh M @Jeremi

"Once you guys are done I... Uh... I got something I need to say too...." Keaton had suddenly spoken up upon the realization thyat he probably won't ever see Wadanohara or Mirei ever again after this. The Wolfskin's face dropped from happiness to sadness for a single moment before switching to indifferent as an attempt to try and hide it. He was saddened... But he had a pack back home that needed him and as much as he might want to he can't leave them behind...

@Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ringmaster @Takumi @Crow @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi @EVERYONE

@The Tactician

GfGgkLN.png

MrTeDBo.png

Clare had patted Mirei, Kana, and Wadanohara's heads.

"It was a pleasure being with your group. I hope that your lives are long." waa all she had to say so far. Then, to Keaton, Ty Lee, Helena, McCree, Winslow, Samael and Soldier 76 she gave each a small nod of respect before finding Lucifer and standing beside him.

Clare glanced over when Kana started to cry, then noticed something else.

Neir and Vanille's little moment together. She frowned at this.

She was sure Kana eould be fine. But, what happened with Neir and Vanille was something different entirely.

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Verite @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Yun Lee @OrlandoBloomers @T.O.M. @Anybody I missed @Everyone

Owlman; Epilogue - The Owl's Plight
@A Tiny Fool @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @CCC Kouhai @Chris Lang @Crimson Spartan @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @DBZ7 @Ellya @Gummi Bunnies @Hana @Indolent @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Sen @T.O.M. @Takumi @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @Yun Lee @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Others?

Rq1NSxs.gif

So... It turns out they were brought here by someone just to simply re-unite a prince... And a princess? He supposed the collateral stuff that happened was intentional, to balance an unbalance dimension, but he seriously had to wonder why their reward was... Soup of all things? Whatever... It didin't matter, it was over. Though, he was a little hungry, so he decided to grab a few cans of soup for the road; who knows when he would get another meal. The only way he could possibly be returned to his own world in one piece, was if he arrived on that cold icy planet, just shortly before the bomb would detonate. Only this time... He would cancel the process; after all... If he were dead, how would he find a choice that truly mattered to him now. Even if it would take him an eternity and a half to find it, he didn't mind; there was an vast array of Universes, and parallel earths he could explore, to find even one choice that he deemed would matter.

Just as he was about to let himself be taken away by the members of the Coalition, he heard what Ocelot mentioned, about joining the Coalition. Glancing at Jack, a mysterious glint suddenly showed in his eyes, before he decided to follow Ocelot, intending to join the Coalition. It was less about "doing good" though... Owlman saw the Coalition as his best bet of finding that choice that mattered in his eyes, after all... They had alot more experience with inter-dimensional travel than he did... Access to a multitude of Universes that he hadn't even dreamt of... A little time doing some side tasks wouldn't matter to him, as long as he got to find that choice that mattered... Some day...

Just as he was about to enter the portal Ocelot was, he paused for a moment, recalling Batman's last words to him;

"There IS a difference between you and me..."

"We both looked into the abyss; but when it looked back at us... You blinked."

Perhaps Batman was right; somewhere, in his dark past... Something had caused him to snap, that caused him to become the Owlman, rather than the Batman... The exact details were lost to him now, but noneetheless, he seemed oddly... Indifferent about this now. Perhaps the events in this strange place had changed him? It was after all what had happened here, that had caused him to feel even a slight pang of guilt for a change... And, unexpectedly, he had ended up helping the "good guys", even if it was just a matter of his ego, if anything.

"We'll meet again... Old friend..." He thought to himself.

It was true; Owlman intended to meet up with Batman once again... But not now; he had more... Important matters to attend to, like observing Jack's trial... Though it was just a trivial event in itself... He always took joy in seeing those that had "peeved" him, get what was coming to them... And with that, he entered the portal that Ocelot had brought Jack through, sealing his final decision, to join the Coalition.

End - The Night Owl

NcIoybY.png

*Roll Credits*

Soon enough, they'd all ended up back together, everyone okay. Just the way Ty Lee liked it! She quietly listened to the conversations people were having, more interested in that stuff than the stuff relating to the soup (though she would totally be getting some to her sisters and Kyoshi Warriors. They needed to see how cool this weird world was!!)

Though, actually, now that she thought about it...this was actually a big deal. Everything happened for a reason, you know? She took up acrobatics, and ended up joining the circus. Azula recruited her, and she ended up joining the Kyoshi Warriors and spreading chi blocking. And she was brought here, to Rapture, to meet awesome people like Clare and Lucifer and Helena and the kids...and she ended up...well, she had an idea where she was going to end up now, but she needed to tie up loose ends first.

First, Ty Lee turned to the kids, the two Torch agents and Keaton, smiling at them. "I had a ton of fun getting to work with you guys," she said. "I'm never gonna forget any of you, long as I live! Heck, we may just meet each other again, who knows?" She would give each and every one of them a hug.

After that, she went to Marquis, keeping a bit of distance still. "You...I think you'll be okay. No hard feelings. Just...maaaaaaybe try to shoot people less."

Now she came to Helena. Her closest friend this whole time they were here. Oh no...Ty Lee sniffled, feeling tears come on. Before she could start tearbending, she pulled Helena into the biggest, tightest hug she could. "Thank you," she whispered. "I really hope we can meet again. I'll always think of you as a big sister."

Finally, tears wiped off onto her sleeve, Ty Lee approached the beret man. There was so much about this world-or, worlds, actually-that she didn't know, that she could discover. So many people out there she could help, so many that would be put into scary situations just like this one. And come on-with these electricity powers, she was going to have a hard time fitting back in at home. Which, you know, would've been great way back when, but now...even after finding a place with the Kyoshi Warriors, it would be so much harder to be one of them. None of them could bend. Besides, she needed to use these powers for good. This Coalition...it could help her learn how to do that.

A smile was on Ty Lee's face as she loudly said, "I want to join your Coalition, please!"

@Verite @Takumi @Ringmaster @Jeremi @Sen @Hana @Crow @Crimson Spartan @Samael @T.O.M. @OrlandoBloomers

Soldier: 76 would let out a deep sigh, ignoring the words of Ocelot and the skeleton-masked doctor. He didn't need any soup, or did he need another organization to be apart of. This multiversal bullshit is wracking his mind as it is, and the world he was born has too many problems as it is.

Slumping into a nearby seat, the old soldier would raise his hand to his mask, gripping it. With a plastic click, the mask would come off...

soldier__76_by_einlee-da2hfn2.jpg

"Gettin' too old for this shit." Jack sighed, the filter on his voice gone.

"Oh, god, kid, please don't cry now. Your gonna make the cowboys hat wet." The old man chuckled, getting up from his seat and patting Mirei on the back. Mirei would notice his mask is gone...revealing his scarred face. Jack smiled, trying to cheer up a crying girl. That is the least he can do, after everything he went through.

@Crow @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Takumi @Crow @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi @EVERYONE​

oP6VqdC.jpg

"I- it's OK Gramps..." Mirei sobbed as she wiped her tears, "I won't cry. I'm just... a little..."

GfGgkLN.png

MrTeDBo.png

And so she started to burst out in tears. So much for that...

cjDOPwY.jpg

"I don't want to leave you guys either," Mirei hugs Kana, "but... we all belong elsewhere. Even if we don't see each other again, even if we can't talk to each other again, just remember that we have seen each other, we have talked to each other, and we'll always be friends. I will never forget anyone here, especially you guys, Kana, Wadanohara, Keaton..."​

First, Ty Lee turned to the kids, the two Torch agents and Keaton, smiling at them. "I had a ton of fun getting to work with you guys," she said. "I'm never gonna forget any of you, long as I live! Heck, we may just meet each other again, who knows?" She would give each and every one of them a hug.

"... you too, Ty Lee, Father Lucifer, Ms Clare, Mr McCree, Gramps, Samael... and... and..."

She hugged her group of four closely as the sobbing continues.

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Ringmaster @Takumi @erryone​

Reactions: Hana
McCree watched the tearful goodbye with a grin that had a hopeful look to it. He loved kids. Seeing them always made him want some of his own. He was too busy, though. Never found someone to settle down with. He had someone in mind, but the cowboy hadn't seen her in years. For now, know he'd been of use and hopefully made an impact on these kids was enough.

"Hey, boss?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

"... you too, Ty Lee, Father Lucifer, Ms Clare, Mr McCree, Gramps, Samael... and... and..."

She hugged her group of four closely as the sobbing continues.
"....."

And then he was briefly stunned, embraced as he was by Ty Lee.

Followed by Mirei. He threw Clare a brief, pleading glance before awkwardly reaching around to hug in turn. It had been a while since he had done any sort of physical affection. At least in the form of something as gentle and innocuous as a hug. Where had the time gone? Where had he gone? His eyes turned briefly sad and while hugging was yet strange to him... He returned it, best he could.

And then moving to the other kids, he ruffled their hair and straightened their bangs gently as he allowed himself the luxury of a smile.

"This is not goodbye. We fought together, bled together and shared bonds of a sort we could never have overcome alone. In the right place, at the right time to save a city. Who knows what future it holds now, with your help?"

He took in a deep breath, red eyes ponderous before he turned away.

"I look forward to meeting you all again, in future."

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Crow @Takumi

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
tumblr_o91lbnb1xF1v3qowuo6_100.png

"D... don't blame yourself... Vanille... nor can I blame... myself..."

With a tired voice to speak, Nier slowly and carefully lie down on the ground, unable to keep himself up to even sit anymore. The diseased seemed to be developing within him rapidly, the black runes soon reaching around the edge of his chin... It hurt so much, to think that he wasn't going to pull through after all... His senses beginning to fail him, Nier didn't see anyone else other than himself and Vanille, everything else becoming blurred and incoherent for him to understand.

Looking over at Vanille, Nier took in the fact that she was worried for him... and that in a way, he was indirectly hurting her with his own demise drawing near. Unable to maintain eye contact with her that long, his eye sight loosely drifted towards the things above, such as the sky that was above this city of Rapture.

tumblr_o91lbnb1xF1v3qowuo4_100.png

"... it hurts... so much... not only do I... get infected with... the Black Scrawl... my sister... she succumbs to this same... disease... and my mother... the Scrawl took her life... it's just not... fair..."

As he echoed this out, Nier's senses continued to deteriorate, his breathing starting to slow down... his skin appeared purely pale... sullen. The runes that marked the Black Scrawl, it began to expand it's infection to his face. What felt like an hour to him passed, what was actually to be the span of a few minutes, the Black Scrawl had severely accelerated in it's pace of killing him...

Despite this indescribable pain, Nier turned his head to face Vanille, reaching out his hand for her to hold for him. What felt like an eternity, Nier forced a genuine smile to emerge from his pain, all to reassure her that he wasn't all in despair. At the same time, the huntsman felt the need to say this, for what could be his last chance at saying so as the world around him began to disappear from his sight...

tumblr_o91iffJybm1v3qowuo4_100.png

"Vanille... I... I love y-"

Then there was silence. Whether or not Vanille would take a hold of his hand during these words, she would feel his grasp loosening and becoming non-existent. His eyes remained closed as his smile faded away into a hollow blank expression, the runes of the Black Scrawl further corrupting and defacing the now lifeless corpse of Nier with its horrid marks.

A terrible fate. The trail of a single tear was the only other thing that was present on Nier's face, and it was the last thing that Nier could express.

A single tear. As for Vanille, the Lunar Tear that he passed on to her, it was his final presence of life.

@A Tiny Fool

Heart filled with sorrow, Vanille was unable to utter a single word. Instead, she did nothing but stare at Nier's marred, lifeless body. It was like once Nier had passed on, everything around her had magically vanished. All she heard was her heartbeat, beating loudly in her ears. All she saw was herself sitting on the ground with Nier's corpse right in front of her. All she thought of was how deeply she cared for Nier, and how badly she had wanted to help him return home so that he would be with his sister. In the end, she failed with keeping her promise. She failed Nier and Yonah. Yonah suffered from the same fate as her brother had, but from what Nier's goal was... Yonah was alive, even if she had it. What if Nier had managed to get home? Would he have saved Yonah from the Black Scrawl?

Pain. Unbearable pain. Thinking about what could have been was too much for her. Although Nier told her not to blame herself, she felt guilty. She wanted to listen to his words, but after losing him she could do nothing but blame herself for not helping him better. He'd overworked himself, and the Black Scrawl had made an appearance and sucked his life away right before her very eyes. She couldn't not blame herself.

tumblr_mas6tbMqh51r8sq0so6_250.gif

Tears had formed in her emerald green eyes, and she looked down at the Lunar Tear she held in her hand. After thinking to herself, Vanille finally decided to speak after what seemed like forever.

"I..."

tumblr_inline_n2qkd9lLyr1qkchao.jpg

"I'm sorry..."

Ayano's question about her having ever been in love with someone suddenly popped into her mind. She reflected on it, and eventually she had an answer.

"I love you too, Nier."

He was the first person she'd loved.

@FuckingHellShitMcNuggetsICan'tGoodbye @AnICan'tAnymorePostfuck​

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
Status
Not open for further replies.