• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, Mystique was beginning to despair. There did not seem to be much hope of any of them getting out alive. Handsome Jack's duplicates just seemed to respawn much like the heads of the hydra of old, and in greater numbers. And all were firing at them with handcannons.

The fact that they had survived this long into the battle could be seen as a miracle. But Mystique was not the sort who believed in miracles.

However, the crashing of the airship would appear to be another miracle. Was there a God after all, and furthermore a God who actually cared about the mortals who inhabited the Deity's creation? Or was this simply good timing on the part of those crashing the airship?

Mystique could not say. All she did know was that this event had most likely saved their lives, or at least bought them a few more minutes of life.

Like Owlman, Mystique, too, fired at the escaping Handsome Jack, with electric crossbow bolts. She did not have time to switch bolt types, so the electric type would have to do.

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Jeremi @york @C.T. @Kaykay @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Verite
tumblr_o95ytaaMh81v3qowuo7_100.png

"You're not getting away!"

Seeing that Handsome Jack was trying to flee, Nier wasn't going to let that happen. They worked so hard under so many threats, he wasn't going to let that be all for nothing! Call Nier reckless for this next move, he sprinted after the escape vehicle, this mechanical shark, and reached for the tail end of it. If he did, Nier would begin to bash his sword countlessly at the machine as well as trying to get some chances to take a stab at Handsome Jack. All the while ignoring the black runes beginning to stretch all around his neck.

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Jeremi @york @C.T. @Kaykay @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Verite

Wood would go flying from in front of him as the table he used for cover began to dissolve from the gunfire, Their luck would turn for the better however as a giant airship would come crashing through the room, throwing rubble everywhere, also knocking Bonecrusher to his side and sending the Digi Jacks flying. "Ha-ha! Fucking-A, right!" Houston cheered, knowing this battle might just well be nearly over.

Houston ran to the center of the room, glaring at the mechanical shark with Jack mounting it. "Shoot him, Don't let him escape now!" He quickly switched his fire mode of his AMCAR to single fire as to achieve a more accurate shot and fired careful shots towards the airbourne shark and Jack.

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Takumi @T.OM. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Kaykay @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Verite @Jeremi @Assault group
"You think I'm going to let you get away that easily?" Jacob murmurs, grabbing his rifle tight as he runs into the path of the robot shark, aiming to use his gun like a bat, and bash Jack off the back of his new mount
Failing that, he'd just use the gun as a gun, and spray rifle rounds toward the fleeing Jack

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Kaykay @The Tactician @Jeremi @Verite
Having seen enough crazy things in Columbia to not be surprised by the one metal man morphing into a robotic shark, Jesse instead growled as Jack tried to escape from them, "Dammit, stop running!" He raised the Columbian shotgun and fired away with the others, however, unlike them, his aim was the little engines on the sides of the beast, hoping to disable them and leave Jack stranded.

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Kaykay @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Verite @OrlandoBloomers
Considering the amount of ammunition being fired into towards one location, some were bound to hit. Jack got a back full of nails from Owlman. While Jesse's shotgun hit one of Armaggon's engines making him spin out of control. "OW! For fuck saaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-!!!"

Jack had been thrown off Armaggon's back as the shark spun uncontrollably in his descent crashing back into the museum. If anyone went to inspect through the hole in the wall they would find Handsome Jack bleeding heavily from his back as he tried to hang on for dear life. "O-oh, hi kiddos...say you wouldn't mind lending out a hand and pulling me up now would ya? Now I know what you're thinking...why would we do that. Well I'll tell you why...to prove me wrong. You're the good guys right? Well the good guys don't live a man to die...now do they?"

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Kaykay @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Verite @OrlandoBloomers

It didn't take long for Samael to decide to chase down the crashing metal shark, making her way around any debris as she looked for the attempted escapee. Finally finding him in a hole through the wall, the angel stepped through in time to hear his words.

"Good guys might not. Actually, I'm pretty sure they don't. But, you know, I thought you were the good guy, and you made one compelling argument!"

And with a mischievous smile, Samael brought down her scythe, coated in the venom that was judgment.

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Verite @OrlandoBloomers
preacher.jpg

"Good guys, huh?" The preacher glared through the hole at the man who had caused all this chaos and destruction. There wasn't any pity, no sympathy at all in his eyes for the man who hanged helplessly by his fingers.

"Let me tell ya what good men do, son. Good men fear the Lord, protect those they care for, and strike down those people who threaten their people. Now, right at this moment, you're not really a threat to my people..." The bottom of his foot came to rest on top of Jack's hand as the preacher continued on, "But you were, and knowin' what I've heard, you're gonna be one if we let you live. A preacher's gotta protect his flock, and if that means gettin' rid of a threat by killin' someone..."

With that, his foot shifted to dig the heel into Jack's hand, forcing him to loosen and fall to his death as Samael also swung her scythe, "Then a preacher who's a good man gotta do it."

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Verite @OrlandoBloomers
"Wait, wait WAIT!" Jack pleaded. "You really don't want to do this!" He'd then turn to the others. "Are you just going to let this psycho bitch kill a man?! See I knew I was right about you all along! Fuck you with the dick of the fucking high horse you rode in on!" Not giving either Samael or Jesse the pleasure of doing the deed Jack would let go of the ledge and fall to his death. "FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Owlman
@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Verite @OrlandoBloomers

hCFCX5p.jpg

It would have been so easy to let Jack die... Normally, such a thing wouldn't have phased him, he had let countless others die in similar fashions, but yet... He realized that in doing that, he would only be proving Jack right... That, and they would never know the full extent of what Jack had been planning; perhaps that little detail would have driven him to help, but fortunately, Gwen saved Jack. His decision wouldn't have mattered, but he still had a chance to kill Jack; a quick sleight of his hand to toss an Owlrang, which would have severed the web holding Jack in the air, and allowed him to plummet to the ground. However, he didn't... He chose to do nothing, as he usually did... After all, would it really matter? Then again... Was there truly a decision that existed, across any reality... That mattered at all? As he realized even the destruction of Earth Prime, would simply create a parallel Earth Prime, where his plan failed... Perhaps, his plan had been doomed to fail from the very start...

"Wait, wait WAIT!" Jack pleaded. "You really don't want to do this!" He'd then turn to the others. "Are you just going to let this psycho bitch kill a man?! See I knew I was right about you all along! Fuck you with the dick of the fucking high horse you rode in on!" Not giving either Samael or Jesse the pleasure of doing the deed Jack would let go of the ledge and fall to his death. "FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"
Down he fell....And fall.....And was suddenly impacted by a swarm of bats, just as the webbing hit rolling him onto a suitable landing site that Columbia provided, the bats reforming into Lucifer. The webbing entangling Handsome Jack rather nicely as well.

And with a voice like judgement, Lucifer rumbled aloud.

"Handsome Jack, former despot of Rapture you are under arrest. Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law.
You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish.
If you decide to answer questions now without an attorney present, you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney. Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you willing to answer my questions without an attorney present?"

One hand gripped him by the neck and Lucifer made his way back, running up the walls until he got to the top. It would have been easier. Neater. To be the Executor, the hand that cleans the world. He had seen what he had done, how he had done it. And as much as it sickened him....That was not what they were. Some of them anyway.

He, Clare and Ocelot represented the only multiversal authority here.

And even if there was a mob to say move, what was it that Gwen Poole said?

You stood your ground and said 'no, you move.

@Indolent @Kaykay @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Verite @OrlandoBloomers

Reactions: Takumi
SKRV3zt.png

Gwen did her signature pout underneath her mask.

OhJeezIKnewThisWasGoingToHappen!

Time for action once again!

GGMWaEG.png

Acting against her better judgment, her "not-as-better judgment" being perhaps her heroic instincts, Gwen would dive out the hole in the wall when Samael and Jesse would have him fall, before shooting two webs into the wall below that she would stick to, before shooting another string of web right at Jack's chest, breaking his potentially lethal fall, holding him up with one arm, his form dangling in the air just several feet from the ground.

Hopefully, the whiplash didn't end up killing him. She would have felt a strange form of deja vu if that happened.

"H-Hey, uh... Listen, it doesn't have to be like this, man! We can still make this work! Kind of!" Gwen awkwardly called out to him, nervously looking up, as though easily able to imagine the chastising she'd get from the others, before looking down at Jack again, "Just say you're sorry and we can like, maybe get you a fair trial or something! I mean, maybe all the bad stuff you did might result in the death penalty anyway, but the thing about us heroes... We may act as judge and jury, but not executioners!"

"Most of us, at least!"

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman
Down he fell....And fall.....And was suddenly impacted by a swarm of bats, just as the webbing hit rolling him onto a suitable landing site that Columbia provided, the bats reforming into Lucifer. The webbing entangling Handsome Jack rather nicely as well.

"Handsome Jack, former despot of Rapture you are under arrest. Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law.
You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish.
If you decide to answer questions now without an attorney present, you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney. Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you willing to answer my questions without an attorney present?"

One hand gripped him by the neck and Lucifer made his way back, running up the walls until he got to the top. It would have been easier. Neater. To be the Executor, the hand that cleans the world. He had seen what he had done, how he had done it. And as much as it sickened him....That was not what they were. Some of them anyway.

@Indolent @Kaykay @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Verite @OrlandoBloomers

"You'd save a guy like that?" Jesse asked from above after recovering from his momentary shock at Gwen and Lucifer's actions. For a moment, he thought about chastising them for the decision, to let the murderer possibly walk away without paying what felt like the right price for all the crimes he had committed. Then again, he doubted it would do any good. Gwen was what they called a superhero and Lucifer was probably better at being a preacher than him, and that meant they had to try and do this sort of thing because in their eyes, "it was the right thing".

With a sigh, Jesse simply shrugged and pulled out a cigarette, "Fine, but this had better not bite us in the ass..." He wouldn't use the Word for this. If they wanted Jack to live and face trial, he wouldn't get in the way since he hadn't been around Rapture like they had. If they thought he had a right to a trial that they would make sure happened, then there was no point in getting involved further.

AuEMedf.webp

"Eeee!"

Mirei clung onto Keaton, fearing the sudden noise that emerged. Was it a bear?

FWEqE5t.webp

"O- oh. It's just that. Let's open it together, shall we, Keaton, Wolfram Alpha, Ms Clare?

@Crimson Spartan @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9
@Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Yun Lee @Ryu Keiko @Josh M @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Krieg @Crow @Jeremi

As he went to open it, Keaton would be accosted by a Little Sister jumping unto his face while another jumped out and tried to escape from the group.

Considering the amount of ammunition being fired into towards one location, some were bound to hit. Jack got a back full of nails from Owlman. While Jesse's shotgun hit one of Armaggon's engines making him spin out of control. "OW! For fuck saaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-!!!"

Jack had been thrown off Armaggon's back as the shark spun uncontrollably in his descent crashing back into the museum. If anyone went to inspect through the hole in the wall they would find Handsome Jack bleeding heavily from his back as he tried to hang on for dear life. "O-oh, hi kiddos...say you wouldn't mind lending out a hand and pulling me up now would ya? Now I know what you're thinking...why would we do that. Well I'll tell you why...to prove me wrong. You're the good guys right? Well the good guys don't live a man to die...now do they?"

"Keaton, look out!"

Ty Lee attempted to chi block the little sister on Keaton's face, not wanting to hurt the kid, but make sure she couldn't do any harm.

SKRV3zt.png

GGMWaEG.png

Acting against her better judgment, her "not-as-better judgment" being perhaps her heroic instincts, Gwen would dive out the hole in the wall when Samael and Jesse would have him fall, before shooting two webs into the wall below that she would stick to, before shooting another string of web right at Jack's chest, breaking his potentially lethal fall, holding him up with one arm, his form dangling in the air just several feet from the ground.

Hopefully, the whiplash didn't end up killing him. She would have felt a strange form of deja vu if that happened.

"H-Hey, uh... Listen, it doesn't have to be like this, man! We can still make this work! Kind of!" Gwen awkwardly called out to him, nervously looking up, as though easily able to imagine the chastising she'd get from the others, before looking down at Jack again, "Just say you're sorry and we can like, maybe get you a fair trial or something! I mean, maybe all the bad stuff you did might result in the death penalty anyway, but the thing about us heroes... We may act as judge and jury, but not executioners!"

"Most of us, at least!"

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman

Not a snapped neck, but a very sore back with the nails stuck in it. "Oh God...that was the SECOND time I had my life flash before my eyes! Last time I was bleeding to death...actually to be fair I don't know which was better."

Groaning he'd look up at Gwen. "No apologizing, trial's fine, but only if I get to defend myself! And see kiddo! Wasn't so hard saving a guy like me...right? Unlike some OTHER assholes whose names I wont mention because I don't know you!"

Meanwhile Bonebreaker still on his side would be grunting and rocking back and forth to get back on his tank tracks. "Yeah no I'll take any deal you're sellin' to Jack too!"

"Hey! You can't tell me what to do! As my own lawyer I demand you to stop heckling the client!"

Scott did the only thing he could think of off the top of his head. He wasn't sure if what he was doing would work, but he had to give it a try. He did his alpha howl, hoping the Little Sisters reacted.

@Crow @Takumi @Jeremi @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Ryu Keiko @Josh M @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Krieg

The roar would knock the poor Little Sister off her feet for Caira to grab her. "Can someone help Keaton with that?" She asked as she put the device on the girls forehead.

"Keaton, look out!"

Ty Lee attempted to chi block the little sister on Keaton's face, not wanting to hurt the kid, but make sure she couldn't do any harm.

The Little Sisters were notoriously hard to hurt but the chi blocking seemed to do the trick as the Little Sister fell to the floor. "Use this one her." Caira replied tossing the circular device to Ty Lee. "Just place it on her head and it will do the rest."

@Crow @Takumi @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Ryu Keiko @Josh M @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Krieg

"You'd save a guy like that?" Jesse asked from above after recovering from his momentary shock at Gwen and Lucifer's actions.
"Hey! You can't tell me what to do! As my own lawyer I demand you to stop heckling the client!"

"Don't think it don't take a whole lot of effort."

Lucifer drawled dryly, returning to childhood accents and simpler memories. Lonely and beautiful days beneath the cloudless skies and stars. Still holding Handsome Jack by the neck, he added in response to the next statement.
With a sigh, Jesse simply shrugged and pulled out a cigarette, "Fine, but this had better not bite us in the ass..."
"He'll pay for his crimes. I've seen what he did, how he did it. He's going to be judged by a Jury of his peers, some of whom he in particular had wronged. Which reminds me...."

He glanced at Columbia and asked casually.

"Is there a person named DeWitt around? I think that's one person in particular who should be on that panel myself."

Vengence....Which some called Justice. He had swung his sword for both many times before. Short of perjury, this was the best case scenario he could imagine. He then added dryly to Jesse.

"Good to see you walking by the way."
Meanwhile Bonebreaker still on his side would be grunting and rocking back and forth to get back on his tank tracks. "Yeah no I'll take any deal you're sellin' to Jack too!"
He looked in that direction and sighed out, before looking around for his partner.

It was hard to be the good guys.

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician@DapperDogman​

Reactions: Takumi
Not a snapped neck, but a very sore back with the nails stuck in it. "Oh God...that was the SECOND time I had my life flash before my eyes! Last time I was bleeding to death...actually to be fair I don't know which was better."

Groaning he'd look up at Gwen. "No apologizing, trial's fine, but only if I get to defend myself! And see kiddo! Wasn't so hard saving a guy like me...right? Unlike some OTHER assholes whose names I wont mention because I don't know you!"

The roar would knock the poor Little Sister off her feet for Caira to grab her. "Can someone help Keaton with that?" She asked as she put the device on the girls forehead.

The Little Sisters were notoriously hard to hurt but the chi blocking seemed to do the trick as the Little Sister fell to the floor. "Use this one her." Caira replied tossing the circular device to Ty Lee. "Just place it on her head and it will do the rest."

@Crow @Takumi @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Ryu Keiko @Josh M @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Krieg
Ty Lee did as requested, putting the device on the Little Sister.

Lucifer drawled dryly, returning to childhood accents and simpler memories. Lonely and beautiful days beneath the cloudless skies and stars. Still holding Handsome Jack by the neck, he added in response to the next statement.

"He'll pay for his crimes. I've seen what he did, how he did it. He's going to be judged by a Jury of his peers, some of whom he in particular had wronged. Which reminds me...."

"Is there a person named DeWitt around? I think that's one person in particular who should be on that panel myself."

Vengence....Which some called Justice. He had swung his sword for both many times before. Short of perjury, this was the best case scenario he could imagine. He then added dryly to Jesse.

He looked in that direction and sighed out, before looking around for his partner.

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician@DapperDogman​
"Bridgette? Yeah, she's around here, let me find her..." Jesse replied as he took a pause in his smoking before nodding at Lucifer, "Glad to see y'all didn't kill each other that much after I was gone." With that, the preacher would turn and walk back to the airship, looking for Dewitt along the way.

"Bridgette? Yeah, she's around here, let me find her..." Jesse replied as he took a pause in his smoking before nodding at Lucifer, "Glad to see y'all didn't kill each other that much after I was gone." With that, the preacher would turn and walk back to the airship, looking for Dewitt along the way.

Jesse didn't have to look long. "I guess that's me." Bridgette replied coming into view. "Bridgette DeWitt, why do you think I should be part of it? I just got roped into this by random chance by mister Preacher here earlier today."

Ty Lee did as requested, putting the device on the Little Sister.

After a short while the ghastly girl's features would return to that of a young girl. "Great!" Caira replied having cured the other Little Sister by now as well. "I think that was all of them here at least..."

Suddenly the group could hear a crash back from where the entrance was.

The top of the tower was coming dangerously close...

It really seemed like a dire situation, if the group didn't do something fast they would easily be overrun by the Digi-Jack's and his cronies.

They needed a divine intervention.

*CRASH*

The back of the room would be pierced by an airship sending debris and Digi-Jack's flying, scattering the group and making Bonebreaker fall to the side. Luckily the engines on the airship was functional so there was no risk of them falling...for now.

I'd decided that bad luck was prevalent not only where I hailed, there seemed to be a precedent for its uniformity across the various worlds. Which left a rather bad taste in my mouth when I considered the notion. Perhaps that was the coppery tang of blood in my mouth as I found myself thrown clear from whence I stood, careened away from the others. I landed in a heap on my right side which elicited an unremarkable cry of pain, precluding my stationary position for a few fleeting seconds as I again caught my breath. Life had the penchant for battering you where it hurt.

I threw both eyes upwards, gazing to the back to ascertain the cause. An airship that had crashed into the building, penetrating through. It was seemingly miraculous we were still floating aloft in the skies.

More so when I saw those that descended from the airship, the Preacher that had been shot in the head and the assassin that died at the hands of Owlman. I was once more gladdened for the fact that I could not emote my surprise whatsoever, more so with my bodily posture heavily hampered by awkward positioning and pain. A second passed and I kipped upward back to standing, utilizing the full brunt of my mental strength to stave off the pain as I gauged the situation.

Handsome Jack saw an opportunity and made to escape with the aid of one of his bodyguards, who'd taken to adopting the form of a mechanical shark. At this point, I was not any longer fazed. Rather, I'd been incessantly irate to no end and found myself resolute in the decision to make that abundantly clear to Handsome Jack himself. Everyone scrambled after the villain, contributing to stopping his erstwhile endeavor, with the addition of bolter fire on my part. To no surprise, Jack's would-be great escape was averted and he was thrown clear. When we found him, he was hanging on for dear life.

"In the Imperium, you would be summarily executed. No questions asked. Such is the authority I maintain. I've better ideas though--," and much to my surprise (read: none), the Preacher in the guise of a good man and the reaper-like girl in blue moved to strike the man down. My words cut off smoothly as I watched with burning fury in my eyes, emblazoning clearly my ire for the other man. It was easier for others to do your work, though it was much more gratifying otherwise. Nonetheless, this gratification would have to wait. Perhaps I could obtain it in a different form.

That was when I approached the executor, nodding toward the other before I glanced back to the group at my back. "I'll offer my services," I'd begin to say, returning my gaze to the Dhampir, "As Inquisitor with all that I can bring to bear. You know by now I cannot leave this be, I request to interrogate him; this shall be a joint affair if need be."

My eyes were hard and icy, belying my decision to follow through what I'd said. There would be no one to convince me otherwise save for the God-Emperor himself or Lord Rorken's command.

To Handsome Jack, "You'll wish you'd not been saved."

@Ringmaster @Jeremi

Jesse didn't have to look long. "I guess that's me." Bridgette replied coming into view. "Bridgette DeWitt, why do you think I should be part of it? I just got roped into this by random chance by mister Preacher here earlier today."

After a short while the ghastly girl's features would return to that of a young girl. "Great!" Caira replied having cured the other Little Sister by now as well. "I think that was all of them here at least..."

"Hang on, that's not how it happened," Jesse countered, standing by the hole with Bridgette as she met Lucifer, "Your bar got blown up, and I happened to help you find the cultists who done it after you treated me well. Not my fault you got pulled along for the rest of the ride."

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Indolent

I'd decided that bad luck was prevalent not only where I hailed, there seemed to be a precedent for its uniformity across the various worlds. Which left a rather bad taste in my mouth when I considered the notion. Perhaps that was the coppery tang of blood in my mouth as I found myself thrown clear from whence I stood, careened away from the others. I landed in a heap on my right side which elicited an unremarkable cry of pain, precluding my stationary position for a few fleeting seconds as I again caught my breath. Life had the penchant for battering you where it hurt.

I threw both eyes upwards, gazing to the back to ascertain the cause. An airship that had crashed into the building, penetrating through. It was seemingly miraculous we were still floating aloft in the skies.

More so when I saw those that descended from the airship, the Preacher that had been shot in the head and the assassin that died at the hands of Owlman. I was once more gladdened for the fact that I could not emote my surprise whatsoever, more so with my bodily posture heavily hampered by awkward positioning and pain. A second passed and I kipped upward back to standing, utilizing the full brunt of my mental strength to stave off the pain as I gauged the situation.

Handsome Jack saw an opportunity and made to escape with the aid of one of his bodyguards, who'd taken to adopting the form of a mechanical shark. At this point, I was not any longer fazed. Rather, I'd been incessantly irate to no end and found myself resolute in the decision to make that abundantly clear to Handsome Jack himself. Everyone scrambled after the villain, contributing to stopping his erstwhile endeavor, with the addition of bolter fire on my part. To no surprise, Jack's would-be great escape was averted and he was thrown clear. When we found him, he was hanging on for dear life.

"In the Imperium, you would be summarily executed. No questions asked. Such is the authority I maintain. I've better ideas though--," and much to my surprise (read: none), the Preacher in the guise of a good man and the reaper-like girl in blue moved to strike the man down. My words cut off smoothly as I watched with burning fury in my eyes, emblazoning clearly my ire for the other man. It was easier for others to do your work, though it was much more gratifying otherwise. Nonetheless, this gratification would have to wait. Perhaps I could obtain it in a different form.

That was when I approached the executor, nodding toward the other before I glanced back to the group at my back. "I'll offer my services," I'd begin to say, returning my gaze to the Dhampir, "As Inquisitor with all that I can bring to bear. You know by now I cannot leave this be, I request to interrogate him; this shall be a joint affair if need be."

My eyes were hard and icy, belying my decision to follow through what I'd said. There would be no one to convince me otherwise save for the God-Emperor himself or Lord Rorken's command.

@Ringmaster @Jeremi

Owlman
@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman

mAbwIdw.jpg

The way Jack was acting, he was almost considering throwing him over the edge of this floating city himself, but Owlman refrained. Instead, he leaned rather close to Jack, speaking in a more... Menacing tone.

"You shouldn't tempt fate." He said simply.

Though, now that the fighting was over... He really had to wonder about Jack's plans

Rq1NSxs.gif

"When these cities were yours... What did you plan to do?" He asked.

Maybe it was morbid curiousity... Maybe, he was just trying to be sure his presumptions were right, but all the same... Owlman was curious, even if it was a more minor curiousity.​

Mystique briefly shapeshifted to Joe Frazier of the Chad Mitchell Trio. "The Sheriff said old Handsome Jack ain't handsome anymore." And then shifted back to her normal form, knowing that most of those around her were not familiar with the folk trio era and would not get the reference.

Mystique was content to let Handsome Jack fall to his death. She would shed no tears for him.

However, others were a bit more on the idealistic side than Mystique or Owlman. The Spider-Gwen moved to save Handsome Jack.
SKRV3zt.png

GGMWaEG.png

"Most of us, at least!"

"You'd save a guy like that?" Jesse asked from above after recovering from his momentary shock at Gwen and Lucifer's actions. For a moment, he thought about chastising them for the decision, to let the murderer possibly walk away without paying what felt like the right price for all the crimes he had committed. Then again, he doubted it would do any good. Gwen was what they called a superhero and Lucifer was probably better at being a preacher than him, and that meant they had to try and do this sort of thing because in their eyes, "it was the right thing".

With a sigh, Jesse simply shrugged and pulled out a cigarette, "Fine, but this had better not bite us in the ass..." He wouldn't use the Word for this. If they wanted Jack to live and face trial, he wouldn't get in the way since he hadn't been around Rapture like they had. If they thought he had a right to a trial that they would make sure happened, then there was no point in getting involved further.

Mystique2.png

"So, you save Handsome Jack so that he can stand trial?" Mystique asked, raising an eyebrow. "Who is going to be the judge? The jury? The prosecution? The defense? You can't have a proper trial without most of the above."

"I have spoken with many defense attorneys and prosecutors, Handsome Jack." Mystique said, addressing Handsome Jack directly. "And many of them have shared with me this old saying: Someone who defends himself in court has a fool for a client."

Mystique briefly shapeshifted to Joe Frazier of the Chad Mitchell Trio. "The Sheriff said old Handsome Jack ain't handsome anymore." And then shifted back to her normal form, knowing that most of those around her were not familiar with the folk trio era and would not get the reference.

Mystique was content to let Handsome Jack fall to his death. She would shed no tears for him.

However, others were a bit more on the idealistic side than Mystique or Owlman. The Spider-Gwen moved to save Handsome Jack.

Mystique2.png

"So, you save Handsome Jack so that he can stand trial?" Mystique asked, raising an eyebrow. "Who is going to be the judge? The jury? The prosecution? The defense? You can't have a proper trial without most of the above."

"I have spoken with many defense attorneys and prosecutors, Handsome Jack." Mystique said, addressing Handsome Jack directly. "And many of them have shared with me this old saying: Someone who defends himself in court has a fool for a client."

"Mystique."

the-first-trailer-for-amc-s-preacher-has-arrived-but-can-it-be-faithful-to-its-controvers-695229.jpg

"Shut the hell up about it and just let them do it their way."

"They'll figure out a way. Just give them some time to think on it."

@Ringmaster @Jeremi

"Spare me." Jack replied rolling his eyes. "I've been dead once already and got my entire life ruined...man this really is some serious Deja Vu..."

Owlman
@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman

mAbwIdw.jpg

The way Jack was acting, he was almost considering throwing him over the edge of this floating city himself, but Owlman refrained. Instead, he leaned rather close to Jack, speaking in a more... Menacing tone.

"You shouldn't tempt fate." He said simply.

Though, now that the fighting was over... He really had to wonder about Jack's plans

Rq1NSxs.gif

"When these cities were yours... What did you plan to do?" He asked.

Maybe it was morbid curiousity... Maybe, he was just trying to be sure his presumptions were right, but all the same... Owlman was curious, even if it was a more minor curiousity.​
"Oh you know the usual...use my two flowing cities of justice as I turned this planet into my very own. Also could someone get me a doctor or whatever, feeling very lightheaded after getting shot MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE BACK! Who shoots nails? Really?"

Mystique2.png

"Well newsflash! Those guys haven't had Handsome Jack as their client!"

"Hang on, that's not how it happened," Jesse countered, standing by the hole with Bridgette as she met Lucifer, "Your bar got blown up, and I happened to help you find the cultists who done it after you treated me well. Not my fault you got pulled along for the rest of the ride."

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Indolent

"Well in the sense of that guy." Bridgette replied motioning towards Jack who in turn would do a pistol motion with his fingers towards her. "Obviously I followed you when shit went down, but I don't have a horse in the race against Jack...I just did what I had to do to save my city."

"Of course Inquisitor Gregor."

With a much darker grin that he wore disturbingly well, he made a respectful bow to the Inquisitor and added with amusement.

"He's all yours. Just leave enough that he's somewhat coherent for later."

He may have saved him, but he had seen what Jack had done. How he had brought them here, while the others fought. And if he was a lesser man, he'd rip out his throat with his teeth himself. But he had opted for humanity and for the Law, which was bigger then any of them. So that was that. He moved to approach Miss Dewitt-
-And paused, unsure how to take that as he looked at Mystique quizzically. Was....She expecting them all to stay here, in Rapture? Or to hold it immediately? He finally just shook his head, unwilling after all he had gone through to decipher whatever thought process that made up her....Very, very odd mindset.
Thank you fellow Preacher.
"Well in the sense of that guy." Bridgette replied motioning towards Jack who in turn would do a pistol motion with his fingers towards her. "Obviously I followed you when shit went down, but I don't have a horse in the race against Jack...I just did what I had to do to save my city."
"About that Miss Dewitt."

Lucifer was looking more somber now as he said quietly.

"May we talk in private? It may not pertain to you...Exactly, but well when everyone was fighting Jack, I was investigating how he brought us here."

He took a deep breath and looked her in the eye.

"....There was a girl."

@Jeremi @Indolent @Chris Lang @The Tactician

Scott was smiling a bit when he noticed that they had cured the two little girls. It almost seemed like somethig was going the group's way for once and that rarely seemed to happen for them, it made him feel good. However, his happiness was cut short.

" Well, that is never a good thing," he said, realizing that they might need to find a new route.

@Crow @Takumi @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Ryu Keiko @Josh M @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Krieg @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi

"Mystique."

the-first-trailer-for-amc-s-preacher-has-arrived-but-can-it-be-faithful-to-its-controvers-695229.jpg

"They'll figure out a way. Just give them some time to think on it."

"Thank you." ... "Could you, perchance, elaborate how it is you're alive?" I made my inquiry toward the Preacher.
"Spare me." Jack replied rolling his eyes. "I've been dead once already and got my entire life ruined...man this really is some serious Deja Vu..."

Any more words was meaningless, it would better suffice to illustrate my feelings and intent through actions. Actions that would make Handsome Jack quite literally state these first two very words again.
"Of course Inquisitor Gregor."

With a much darker grin that he wore disturbingly well, he made a respectful bow to the Inquisitor and added with amusement.

"He's all yours. Just leave enough that he's somewhat coherent for later."

He may have saved him, but he had seen what Jack had done. How he had brought them here, while the others fought. And if he was a lesser man, he'd rip out his throat with his teeth himself. But he had opted for humanity and for the Law, which was bigger then any of them. So that was that. He moved to approach Miss Dewitt-

"With pleasure. I shall need a suitable location for this, away from prying eyes..." That was when I peered around to the others and beyond, contemplating to myself.

@Ringmaster @Kaykay @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @york @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Verite @OrlandoBloomers

As soon as the crash hit, Soldier: 76 was already sprinting back towards it. Taking a pause at the doorway, he turned to the rest of the squad.

tumblr_o7lbljpZjN1ssnaqwo2_500.gif

"ENEMY CONTACTS, LETS MOVE! GET THE GIRLS OUTTA HERE!" the old man barked back to his allies, seemingly taking command. His gaze snapped to that of McCree for a few seconds, before he seemed to shake his head and turn back around, taking point and sprinting ahead. It seems to be in everyone's best interest to follow the old man.

For once, anyway.

@Crow @Takumi @Sen @Hana @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Ryu Keiko @Josh M @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Krieg @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi

As soon as the crash hit, Soldier: 76 was already sprinting back towards it. Taking a pause at the doorway, he turned to the rest of the squad.

tumblr_o7lbljpZjN1ssnaqwo2_500.gif

"ENEMY CONTACTS, LETS MOVE! GET THE GIRLS OUTTA HERE!" the old man barked back to his allies, seemingly taking command. His gaze snapped to that of McCree for a few seconds, before he seemed to shake his head and turn back around, taking point and sprinting ahead. It seems to be in everyone's best interest to follow the old man.

For once, anyway.

@Crow @Takumi @Sen @Hana @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Ryu Keiko @Josh M @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Krieg @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi

Her first priority being the children, Ty Lee gotthe Little Sister she had chi blocked on her back and followed 76 as she could.

@Crow @Takumi @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Ryu Keiko @Josh M @BarrenThin@Atomyk @Krieg

Status
Not open for further replies.