Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesse paused as he turned to the old man who had been one of the main defenders of the group. It seemed 76 hadn't forgotten about him after all. "Just tired, that's all. Besides, bit worried about the church back home," It was a bit of a lie, but it was also fitting for a preacher like him, allowing him to focus on something other than himself. Like the fact that the old man had taken his visor off.

"Huh, so that's what ya look like under that mask, old man? Looks like you've been to hell and back," He cracked a smile, trying to ellicit a laugh or anything from the soldier.​
The old man...actually laughed at the joke. A grizzled chuckle escaped his lips, as he scratched the back of his head. "Well...this was a hell of a wake-up call. But, my work ain't over just yet. I still have my own world to worry about...so, this all multiversal bullcrap can stay out of my life for now."

He chuckled again...but, then he eyed Jesse, his aged, blue eyes meeting his. "...you know, Custer, I got to tell you something. An old, old friend I once had used to tell some aspiring civilians one thing, wherever she went, no matter who it was;"

"'The world could always use more heroes.'"

"I agreed with that...for a time. Then, something happened, and I threw those beliefs in the gutter. A part of me died, and I...became more a bad guy. I burned some bridges, broke some laws, and cut some ties...I declared a pointless-ass war on nobody, for no reason but to avenge something I dedicated my whole life to. The golden days died...and, well, now I am a pathetic old man tryin' to prove something to myself."

"Now, I have no idea what the hell you have going on back in your...world, and I probably won't ever find out. I don't know what you've seen, what you've done, and where you went. But, none of that matters, and you know why?"

"You did everyone here a service, preacher, even if you weren't around them. Everyone thought you were dead-- I thought you were dead. But, even after the grave, you still took that opportunity up in that flying city to watch over everyone else. These people who you never even knew, but still helped out even in a do-or-die situation. You're a man of god, so this might not seem new to ya...but.."

Jack would pause for a minute, his gaze turning to meet that of McCree for a couple seconds. He looked back to the preacher, sm

"You're a hero."

"Doesn't matter if your doing it for god, or family, or country; your a damn hero, Jesse, and if anyone in this place is gonna listen to me...I want you to listen, and take that home with you.

The old man walked forward, raising a hand and resting it on Jesses shoulder. His war-torn, battle-scarred face would crack a smile; one of a friend, not just a comrade of circumstance.

"Sorry for the sappy speech...but, hey, I'm just an old man. What the hell do I know?"
McCree watched the tearful goodbye with a grin that had a hopeful look to it. He loved kids. Seeing them always made him want some of his own. He was too busy, though. Never found someone to settle down with. He had someone in mind, but the cowboy hadn't seen her in years. For now, know he'd been of use and hopefully made an impact on these kids was enough.

"Hey, boss?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

"Yeah, yeah, sorry for takin' so long, cowboy. I'm not gettin' any younger, still need to teach these youngsters a lesson, hmph!" Jack huffed, putting back up his classic old-man routine after giving Jesse his heart.

He cleared his throat briefly, a flat look given to Ocelot at the bite comment.

He hated goodbyes. They were so final and....Sad. And every time he said goodbye, it always meant he'd never see that person again. Not that he believed that by any stretch of the word here. Events like these....They left their mark on the people involved. It opened their eyes, it inspired them to a greater sense beyond the world they knew. It was always dangerous, but what they got out of it....Was knowledge. Strength. Worlds apart they may be, but even then they could find common ground.

He saw the little idol, crying with the cyborg cowboy's hat on her head.

He saw a preacher and a soldier, exchange words borne of mutual respect.

He saw a city in the clouds and no longer felt sad as he stared at the impossible, beautiful sight.

They would meet again. So rather then saying goodbye, Lucifer would prefer 'until next time'.

He glanced to his partner, noticing she was staring at him and he cracked a small smile, if somewhat byronic in his choice of outfit. He was going to have to repair his longcoat and his regular outfit was torn. The only thing to survive was the hat.

"There something on my face?"

@Takumi

"Tear tracks." came her simple, curious reply. She was sure that if she looked close enough she could see them, although probably very faint by now.

"....."

And then he was briefly stunned, embraced as he was by Ty Lee.

Followed by Mirei. He threw Clare a brief, pleading glance before awkwardly reaching around to hug in turn. It had been a while since he had done any sort of physical affection. At least in the form of something as gentle and innocuous as a hug. Where had the time gone? Where had he gone? His eyes turned briefly sad and while hugging was yet strange to him... He returned it, best he could.

And then moving to the other kids, he ruffled their hair and straightened their bangs gently as he allowed himself the luxury of a smile.

"This is not goodbye. We fought together, bled together and shared bonds of a sort we could never have overcome alone. In the right place, at the right time to save a city. Who knows what future it holds now, with your help?"

He took in a deep breath, red eyes ponderous before he turned away.

"I look forward to meeting you all again, in future."

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Crow @Takumi

Clare looked amused at Lucifer's pleading looks before Ty Lee and Mirei hugged her next. Now it was her turn to feel breifly stunned and uncomfortable. She hesitated for a moment before returning Ty Lee's hug and patting Mirei on the head affectionately when it was her turn.

When that was over and Lucifer said what was needed and turned away Clare looked to him curiously once more before speaking.

"After we return I believe some rest is needed after tying up some loose ends." she suggested to him nonchalantly.

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Verite @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Yun Lee @OrlandoBloomers @T.O.M. @Anybody I missed @Everyone

The old man...actually laughed at the joke. A grizzled chuckle escaped his lips, as he scratched the back of his head. "Well...this was a hell of a wake-up call. But, my work ain't over just yet. I still have my own world to worry about...so, this all multiversal bullcrap can stay out of my life for now."

He chuckled again...but, then he eyed Jesse, his aged, blue eyes meeting his. "...you know, Custer, I got to tell you something. An old, old friend I once had used to tell some aspiring civilians one thing, wherever she went, no matter who it was;"

"I agreed with that...for a time. Then, something happened, and I threw those beliefs in the gutter. A part of me died, and I...became more a bad guy. I burned some bridges, broke some laws, and cut some ties...I declared a pointless-ass war on nobody, for no reason but to avenge something I dedicated my whole life to. The golden days died...and, well, now I am a pathetic old man tryin' to prove something to myself."

"Now, I have no idea what the hell you have going on back in your...world, and I probably won't ever find out. I don't know what you've seen, what you've done, and where you went. But, none of that matters, and you know why?"

"You did everyone here a service, preacher, even if you weren't around them. Everyone thought you were dead-- I thought you were dead. But, even after the grave, you still took that opportunity up in that flying city to watch over everyone else. These people who you never even knew, but still helped out even in a do-or-die situation. You're a man of god, so this might not seem new to ya...but.."

Jack would pause for a minute, his gaze turning to meet that of McCree for a couple seconds. He looked back to the preacher, sm

"You're a hero."

"Doesn't matter if your doing it for god, or family, or country; your a damn hero, Jesse, and if anyone in this place is gonna listen to me...I want you to listen, and take that home with you.

The old man walked forward, raising a hand and resting it on Jesses shoulder. His war-torn, battle-scarred face would crack a smile; one of a friend, not just a comrade of circumstance.

"Sorry for the sappy speech...but, hey, I'm just an old man. What the hell do I know?"

"Yeah, yeah, sorry for takin' so long, cowboy. I'm not gettin' any younger, still need to teach these youngsters a lesson, hmph!" Jack huffed, putting back up his classic old-man routine after giving Jesse his heart.

"Man of god, a hero... None of that's what drove me to do what I did, old man," No bitterness rested in his tone and only a relaxed smile rested on his lips as he responded to the grizzled old soldier, "Just a man trying to do some good... Though your friend is right, we need more heroes or people trying to do some good. Even an old man who thinks he's pathetic but is actually one of the best men I've met."

"Man of god, a hero... None of that's what drove me to do what I did, old man," No bitterness rested in his tone and only a relaxed smile rested on his lips as he responded to the grizzled old soldier, "Just a man trying to do some good... Though your friend is right, we need more heroes or people trying to do some good. Even an old man who thinks he's pathetic but is actually one of the best men I've met."
Jack smiled, scratching the back of his head.

"Guess you don't need my spiel, then, Preacher...if I ever see you again, save some cancer sticks for me."

Giving a firm nod, Jack gave Jesse another pat on the shoulder, and a smile of respect, turning and walking over to McCree

"Say your goodbyes, cowboy. Talon's been waiting for us, and I intend on finishing the job."

@BarrenThin

"You're a hero."

"Soft looks good on you, boss. You should wear it more often." McCree grinned at Jack. "Take your time. What I have to say can wait until we get home. Damn, I can't wait to see that shithole again. Hopefully that freak ain't waitin' for us." In turn, McCree turned to the group, surveying those around him. "Huh." He flashed Jesse a grin, glad to see him alive. The cowboy nodded to Gwen, glad to see the girl was alive and well. His eyes rested on all the children, and he thought a thank you up to anyone listening that they were all okay.

"'The world could always use more heroes.' A woman I've always been proud to call my friend used to say that. Glad to know the 'multiverse' has people like you in it, Custer." He shook Jesse's hand, if the preacher let him, then reflexively tried to tip down a hat that wasn't there. He chuckled, then turned to Jack. "I'm ready to go when you are, boss, but don't hurry. Get the feelin' it won't matter."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@The Tactician
@Verite

Mystique observed the events around her in silence. She saw how the children who had formed a bond with each other during the mission were sad at having to say goodbye to each other. She saw Vanille's tears over Nier's death.

In spite of all of Handsome Jack's attempts to divide them, people in the group had bonded. They had started out as strangers, but they had come to truly care for one another. And soon, it would be time for them to part company.

She had not formed any strong attachments to anyone in this game. She doubted anyone considered her a friend, or would be sad to part company with her. And perhaps it was for the best.

"I do not have any real attachments to anyone in this group. To be honest, I do not expect to see any of you again. You were ... interesting allies against a common threat. But that is all."

"I still am not entirely sure why Handsome Jack had the likes of Arachne and a supernatural Jack the Ripper as allies, but I consider our business here concluded. I am ready to return home, unless anyone has something they wish to say."

@A Tiny Fool @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @CCC Kouhai @Crimson Spartan @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @DBZ7 @Ellya @Gummi Bunnies @Hana @Indolent @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Sen @T.O.M. @Takumi @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @Yun Lee @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Others?

Scott was amazed that nothing had gone right after saving the Little Sisters and that the others had defeated Handsome Jack. He wondered if he should join this strange new organization. To one degree, he wanted to get back to his pack and to the other, he wanted to save the world. He went to go and talk to Ocelot and noticed he was leaving. " Hey, wait. I have a question for you. Can I make a stop and get my friends and have all of us join your organization?" He asked. He really wanted to do this with his pack. With Stiles, Lydia, Liam, Mason, Parrish, his mom and Malia, they could it do together. Alone, you're no one, but together, he felt like him and his pack could make a difference.

@Verite @others

Reactions: Takumi
"Tear tracks." came her simple, curious reply. She was sure that if she looked close enough she could see them, although probably very faint by now.
When that was over and Lucifer said what was needed and turned away Clare looked to him curiously once more before speaking.

"After we return I believe some rest is needed after tying up some loose ends." she suggested to him nonchalantly.
He raised a hand to his face, tracing the trail of tears. So faint to be nearly invisible, but sighted nevertheless by his partner. Clare...He looked her over with the same scrutiny, his expression somber as his intention was to look her over for wounds or scars...Lingering briefly over the one on her cheek as he raised a hand and stepped forward. Cupping Clare's chin gently, he tilted her head to examine it in full.

Spiked and ugly. Seemed light as well, under the circumstances. This was a move meant to intimidate, not to hurt. Easily healed as well with the level of advanced tech they had back at base. His thumb ran over, tracing the scars path down before red met silver.

Lucifer dropped his hand and stepped back, avoiding her gaze. In a quiet tone, he said simply.

"Yes. Rest might be best."

@Takumi

Reactions: Takumi and Hana
The After Party

Everything seemed to have settled down. The group had forced Handsome Jack to have the ones in his army still fighting to stand down. Eggman had received reports that Columbia while badly hurt had managed to repel the Big Daddy army.

Now everyone would have made their way to the heart of Rapture.

latest

Market Street. I time bubble of how Rapture had looked like before the Civil War. It had been untouched by all of the chaos that had erupted through Rapture for the past two years. As an architect Symmetra in particular couldn't help but admire the scenery and the wonder of an untouched Rapture.

latest

The group would finally have been gathered together again. Handsome Jack and his cronies were surrounded by the Columbia soldiers that had arrived with Dr Eggman and the Monarch. They would get what was coming for them soon enough. Even Armaggon had surrendered quietly after Caira had healed him.

"Great job gang!" Reyna, Ya'Wara and Mae came up to the group all of them with a smile on their face. "We did it! No...you did it! I would've personally drowned the son of a bitch but I'm not going to argue with you right now. Cause we kicked his bitch ass to the curb and the people here will be able to live a normal life again."

"The question still remains though." Mae spoke up. "Even with Jack defeated, do we have the means to escape this world? And who originally brought the other group here."

"I believe I can be of assistance to both of your queries." An old man with a tinge of a German accent wearing a very weird looking costume would appear from the shadows.

250px-Killinger.png

"I am Doctor Henry Killinger, and this is my magical murder bag." He replied raising his bag for everyone to see.

"Wait what Killinger?" Monarch replied in surprise. "What are you doing here?" There seemed to be some familiarity between the two considering how the Monarch reacted to him.

"It is simple...I was the mastermind of other groups arrival here. I gathered them for a very simple task." He'd point at the Monarch. "To bring you back home to your loving wife."

A collective WHAT?! Echoed through the group. "Excuse me...are you saying that...we are here...because we were supposed to rescue him?" Symmetra asked utterly confused.

"In the simplest of terms...yes. That was why you were here. But isn't that more than enough? The knowledge of helping a wife reunite with her husband. True love can not even be contained through the multiverse."

"Speaking of which, I took the liberty to give the Coalition an anonymous tip, they should be here to liberate all of you shortly and to monitor the situation. There is obviously much work left."

"I still require the return of my amulet." Ya'Wara replied.

"Yeah we just need to park his baby some place nice and remote before we let you have it though. Free falling through the sky is not on my agenda after all."

"We can not forget about the Splicers either. Left to their own devices on the surface, the damage they could cause."

"I would not much worry about the Splicers...if you inspect the transcripts you liberated from the Thinker you will possibly find a way to save them. With the technology the Coalition have at its disposal. It is the least they can do."

Having said that he'd turn towards the group he had sent here to save Rapture and the Monarch. "As a final prize for doing my work...I will grant you a very special reward. The reward of...a life time supply of a canned soup of your choosing. I understand that noodle soup is a tempting thought...but how much variation can you really do with it?"

As Killinger said that portals would start emerging behind him as people in military outfits emerged. The Coalition was there to bring everyone back home.

~Cast List~
@A Tiny Fool as Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)
@Atomyk as Carol Peletier (The Walking Dead)
@BarrenThin as McCree (Overwatch)
@Bomb as Lee Kwang Soo (Running Man)
@CCC Kouhai as Viola (Witch's House)
@Chris Lang as Mystique (Marvel Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Keaton (Fire Emblem)
@Crow as Mirei Hayasaka (iDOLM@STER)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Soldier 76 (Overwatch)
@C.T. as Gwenpool (Marvel Comics)
@DBZ7 as Foo Fighters (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
@Ellya as Evie Frye (Assassin's Creed)
@Gummi Bunnies as Nier (NieR)
@Hana as Wadanohara (Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea)
@Indolent as Gregor Eisenhorn (Warhammer 40k)
@Josh M as Ellis (Left 4 Dead)
@Kaykay as Samael (Tokyo Babel)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Ayano Aishi (Yandere Simulator)
@Krieg as Tywin Lannister (Game of Thrones)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall (Teen Wolf)
@Minerva as Skyla (Pokemon)
@Nater Taters as Niko Bellic (Grand Theft Auto)
@OrlandoBloomers as Helena (Orphan Black)
@Raven as Mabel "Madea" Simmons (Madea)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Matthias Anghelscu (Murder Series)
@Ryu Keiko as Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
@Sen as Kana (Fire Emblem)
@T.O.M. as Winslow Leach "Phantom" (Phantom of the Paradise)
@Takumi as Clare (Claymore)
@Verite as Spider-Gwen (Marvel Comics)
@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Houston (Payday)
@Yang Lee as Marquis d'Caliber (Battleborn)
@Yata as Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge)
@york as Owlman (DC Comics)
@Yun Lee as Ty Lee (Avatar)
@The Tactician as Jesse Custer (Preacher)
@DapperDogman as Jacob Frye (Assassins Creed)​

dpeyrHi.png

"Well, let's find the others then..."​

AtVjpXI.png

"It's nothing really... I couldn't have done it without you, or Gramps, or Kana, Wadanohara and Keaton," Mirei smiles, "thanks Mr McCree. I guess I should give you this as well."

$T2eC16dHJIQE9qUHuF(BBRnQkz(Rzw~~60_35.JPG

It was a badge. Probably some game.

"It was my bestest friend's idea quite a long time. A little something for you to remember me by, and a little something for me to remember you by."

AtVjpXI.png

"Looks like we did it. Looks like we did," Mirei said, then ponders about the possibility of soup.

FNk2reu.png

"Hmmm... Shouko talks to mushrooms, Nono's... afraid of a lot of stuff, Producer's afraid of Iguanas... and I don't even know what kind of food Sana likes. Licorice is out of the question... ugh... Ah! White chocolate soup please!"

She then realises what the odd skull man said prior to this.

jmsCKoe.png

"Wait a second, isn't that a little excessive? I know I'm inexperienced in love and all, but do people really do that much?"​

Well, this is it. This was goodbye.

cjDOPwY.png

"P- please, you three speak first," Mirei says to Kana, Wadanohara and Keaton, "then I'll say... what I have to say... before we..."

A tear rolled down Mirei's eyepatch-covered side of her face.

@Crow @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi @EVERYONE
Soldier: 76 would let out a deep sigh, ignoring the words of Ocelot and the skeleton-masked doctor. He didn't need any soup, or did he need another organization to be apart of. This multiversal bullshit is wracking his mind as it is, and the world he was born has too many problems as it is.

Slumping into a nearby seat, the old soldier would raise his hand to his mask, gripping it. With a plastic click, the mask would come off...

soldier__76_by_einlee-da2hfn2.jpg

"Gettin' too old for this shit." Jack sighed, the filter on his voice gone.

"Oh, god, kid, please don't cry now. Your gonna make the cowboys hat wet." The old man chuckled, getting up from his seat and patting Mirei on the back. Mirei would notice his mask is gone...revealing his scarred face. Jack smiled, trying to cheer up a crying girl. That is the least he can do, after everything he went through.

@Crow @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Takumi @Crow @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi @EVERYONE​
"Once you guys are done I... Uh... I got something I need to say too...." Keaton had suddenly spoken up upon the realization thyat he probably won't ever see Wadanohara or Mirei ever again after this. The Wolfskin's face dropped from happiness to sadness for a single moment before switching to indifferent as an attempt to try and hide it. He was saddened... But he had a pack back home that needed him and as much as he might want to he can't leave them behind...

@Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ringmaster @Takumi @Crow @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi @EVERYONE
GfGgkLN.png

"Soup?" Kana spoke up as she reverted back to her human shape and letting Wadanohara down on the ground, interested in the prospect of getting a lifetime supply of canned soup. She licked her lips, "Miso soup! Miso soup!" she called out with a jump and a cheer. Takumi liked miso soup, most of Hoshido liked miso soup. Beef stew wasn't an option, but Kana was fine with that. They always took forever making it by hand anyway. "Mama will be so happy when I come back with so much soup~" she giggled before realizing what that meant.

MrTeDBo.png

Kana blinked at her friends before clinging onto Keaton's arm, her cheerful demeanor faltering. "Oh..." she whispered. "That means I won't be able to see Wadanohara and Mirei anymore." She reached to grab a fistful of their clothing, "Waaaah- Don't go!" She had finally made friends by herself! She had been independent along with her group, why did they have to go? She sobbed, wishing that everyone lived in one world and not many.

@Crow @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ringmaster @Takumi @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi
Ty Lee smiled warmly at Keaton. "Don't mention it! We need to stick together, you know?"

Soon enough, they'd all ended up back together, everyone okay. Just the way Ty Lee liked it! She quietly listened to the conversations people were having, more interested in that stuff than the stuff relating to the soup (though she would totally be getting some to her sisters and Kyoshi Warriors. They needed to see how cool this weird world was!!)

Though, actually, now that she thought about it...this was actually a big deal. Everything happened for a reason, you know? She took up acrobatics, and ended up joining the circus. Azula recruited her, and she ended up joining the Kyoshi Warriors and spreading chi blocking. And she was brought here, to Rapture, to meet awesome people like Clare and Lucifer and Helena and the kids...and she ended up...well, she had an idea where she was going to end up now, but she needed to tie up loose ends first.

First, Ty Lee turned to the kids, the two Torch agents and Keaton, smiling at them. "I had a ton of fun getting to work with you guys," she said. "I'm never gonna forget any of you, long as I live! Heck, we may just meet each other again, who knows?" She would give each and every one of them a hug.

After that, she went to Marquis, keeping a bit of distance still. "You...I think you'll be okay. No hard feelings. Just...maaaaaaybe try to shoot people less."

Now she came to Helena. Her closest friend this whole time they were here. Oh no...Ty Lee sniffled, feeling tears come on. Before she could start tearbending, she pulled Helena into the biggest, tightest hug she could. "Thank you," she whispered. "I really hope we can meet again. I'll always think of you as a big sister."

Finally, tears wiped off onto her sleeve, Ty Lee approached the beret man. There was so much about this world-or, worlds, actually-that she didn't know, that she could discover. So many people out there she could help, so many that would be put into scary situations just like this one. And come on-with these electricity powers, she was going to have a hard time fitting back in at home. Which, you know, would've been great way back when, but now...even after finding a place with the Kyoshi Warriors, it would be so much harder to be one of them. None of them could bend. Besides, she needed to use these powers for good. This Coalition...it could help her learn how to do that.

A smile was on Ty Lee's face as she loudly said, "I want to join your Coalition, please!"

@Verite @Takumi @Ringmaster @Jeremi @Sen @Hana @Crow @Crimson Spartan @Samael @T.O.M. @OrlandoBloomers
oP6VqdC.jpg

"I- it's OK Gramps..." Mirei sobbed as she wiped her tears, "I won't cry. I'm just... a little..."

And so she started to burst out in tears. So much for that...

cjDOPwY.jpg

"I don't want to leave you guys either," Mirei hugs Kana, "but... we all belong elsewhere. Even if we don't see each other again, even if we can't talk to each other again, just remember that we have seen each other, we have talked to each other, and we'll always be friends. I will never forget anyone here, especially you guys, Kana, Wadanohara, Keaton..."​

"... you too, Ty Lee, Father Lucifer, Ms Clare, Mr McCree, Gramps, Samael... and... and..."

She hugged her group of four closely as the sobbing continues.

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Ringmaster @Takumi @erryone​
"....."

And then he was briefly stunned, embraced as he was by Ty Lee.

Followed by Mirei. He threw Clare a brief, pleading glance before awkwardly reaching around to hug in turn. It had been a while since he had done any sort of physical affection. At least in the form of something as gentle and innocuous as a hug. Where had the time gone? Where had he gone? His eyes turned briefly sad and while hugging was yet strange to him... He returned it, best he could.

And then moving to the other kids, he ruffled their hair and straightened their bangs gently as he allowed himself the luxury of a smile.

"This is not goodbye. We fought together, bled together and shared bonds of a sort we could never have overcome alone. In the right place, at the right time to save a city. Who knows what future it holds now, with your help?"

He took in a deep breath, red eyes ponderous before he turned away.

"I look forward to meeting you all again, in future."

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Crow @Takumi

latest

At her friends' words and tears, the witch's eyes softened. She pulled Kana and Mirei into a hug, briefly pressing a kiss to each their cheeks. "Even if this is over, I won't forget about everyone and the lessons I learned here." And it was true. Everything that happened here, she would carry in her heart back to her own home. Wadanohara's eyes crinkled slightly as she smiled and tilted her head. "Don't you know that anything that happens to us, even if we forget about it, will always stay inside us?" It was a saying, and it would prove true for everyone in Rapture. She was more than just a seemingly young and kind little witch.

She walked up to Keaton, and after a brief pause, tugged him downwards and buried her fingers into his hair. "May I? So fluffy," she chuckled. "I always wanted to try this while we were here." She also pecked the wolfskin on the cheek and beamed. "Protect Kana and your family wherever you are as you always have."

Pulling away, she turned and smiled up at Lucifer and Clare. "Thank you to your efforts as well, Father Lucifer and Miss Clare. You two make good partners."

And now she took a deep breath. "I have something to share to everyone." To both those who survived to the end of this journey, and to those who perished and were hurt along the way. It was for everyone. The witch took out her ocarina, the familiar polished white surface winking at her as she stared down at it. "And for Mister Winslow as well, who wanted to hear my music," she called softly, eyes darting around her surroundings and seeking out the masked man. Hopefully, he will also be here to hear it.

1YAcquA.jpg

Thank you. Kana, Keaton, Mirei. We've stayed together this entire bizarre journey, seeing and hearing things that disturb us. That hurt us. We've gotten hurt and I wished so much that I was much stronger than I am, just so I could keep everyone from hurting. Yet you still protected me, worried about me, as I did for you. This almost reminds me of home. My family of three familiars, Fukami, Dolphi, and Memoca. And... Samekichi. It's all thanks to you and your protection and encouragement, our hard work together, that we're able to go home now. Thank you.

Goodbyes make me sad, but even if you're in another world, I will still remember you. The strength and determination everyone had to keep on going on. And I will keep it with me, when I go back into my sea and protect it.

8z5qVTW.jpg

The first notes tentatively hit the air like young birds slowly taking their first flight, Wadanohara feeling that the moment of her playing her ocarina once again so surreal after everything that happened. It was a gentle, wistful little melody, one that spoke of goodbyes and lingering feelings. One that spoke to and remembered the dead, one that spoke of love that one gained and lost. Of acceptance. Of understanding. It spoke of every little thing that Wadanohara couldn't put into words, but could put into her music and the wordless song she had in her heart.

The music poured into the heart of Rapture for everyone to hear.

He raised a hand to his face, tracing the trail of tears. So faint to be nearly invisible, but sighted nevertheless by his partner. Clare...He looked her over with the same scrutiny, his expression somber as his intention was to look her over for wounds or scars...Lingering briefly over the one on her cheek as he raised a hand and stepped forward. Cupping Clare's chin gently, he tilted her head to examine it in full.

Spiked and ugly. Seemed light as well, under the circumstances. This was a move meant to intimidate, not to hurt. Easily healed as well with the level of advanced tech they had back at base. His thumb ran over, tracing the scars path down before red met silver.

Lucifer dropped his hand and stepped back, avoiding her gaze. In a quiet tone, he said simply.

"Yes. Rest might be best."

@Takumi

Clare nodded at his words, whether he saw it or not. The feeling of his hand on her face lingered but she enjoyed the moment silently.

latest

At her friends' words and tears, the witch's eyes softened. She pulled Kana and Mirei into a hug, briefly pressing a kiss to each their cheeks. "Even if this is over, I won't forget about everyone and the lessons I learned here." And it was true. Everything that happened here, she would carry in her heart back to her own home. Wadanohara's eyes crinkled slightly as she smiled and tilted her head. "Don't you know that anything that happens to us, even if we forget about it, will always stay inside us?" It was a saying, and it would prove true for everyone in Rapture. She was more than just a seemingly young and kind little witch.

She walked up to Keaton, and after a brief pause, tugged him downwards and buried her fingers into his hair. "May I? So fluffy," she chuckled. "I always wanted to try this while we were here." She also pecked the wolfskin on the cheek and beamed. "Protect Kana and your family wherever you are as you always have."

Pulling away, she turned and smiled up at Lucifer and Clare. "Thank you to your efforts as well, Father Lucifer and Miss Clare. You two make good partners."

And now she took a deep breath. "I have something to share to everyone." To both those who survived to the end of this journey, and to those who perished and were hurt along the way. It was for everyone. The witch took out her ocarina, the familiar polished white surface winking at her as she stared down at it. "And for Mister Winslow as well, who wanted to hear my music," she called softly, eyes darting around her surroundings and seeking out the masked man. Hopefully, he will also be here to hear it.

1YAcquA.jpg

Thank you. Kana, Keaton, Mirei. We've stayed together this entire bizarre journey, seeing and hearing things that disturb us. That hurt us. We've gotten hurt and I wished so much that I was much stronger than I am, just so I could keep everyone from hurting. Yet you still protected me, worried about me, as I did for you. This almost reminds me of home. My family of three familiars, Fukami, Dolphi, and Memoca. And... Samekichi. It's all thanks to you and your protection and encouragement, our hard work together, that we're able to go home now. Thank you.

Goodbyes make me sad, but even if you're in another world, I will still remember you. The strength and determination everyone had to keep on going on. And I will keep it with me, when I go back into my sea and protect it.

8z5qVTW.jpg

The first notes tentatively hit the air like young birds slowly taking their first flight, Wadanohara feeling that the moment of her playing her ocarina once again so surreal after everything that happened. It was a gentle, wistful little melody, one that spoke of goodbyes and lingering feelings. One that spoke to and remembered the dead, one that spoke of love that one gained and lost. Of acceptance. Of understanding. It spoke of every little thing that Wadanohara couldn't put into words, but could put into her music and the wordless song she had in her heart.

Hearing Wadanohara's musice caused the Claymore to relax, she was starting to feel a small bit of fatigue seep into her but ignored it.

"We should get going." she said to her partner, eyes glancing to the portals the members of the Coalition had come out of.

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Verite @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Yun Lee @OrlandoBloomers @T.O.M. @Anybody I missed @Everyone

latest

1YAcquA.jpg

8z5qVTW.jpg

tumblr_o3cocakl4W1v83vjro7_250.jpg

All of Keaton's attempts to hide his sadness melted away as Wada had walked up and ran her fingers through his fur. It almost seemed like he was... crying... Kind of but he was trying so hard not to.

"You uh... You could've asked to do that sooner... I-I wouldn't have minded..." She saved his life so many times... It would seem jerkish to deny her something like that. Though... When the music from her hits it did make the Wolfskin cry albeit silent tears. Still it didn't stop him from his next actions as he took his two beaststones one in each hand and patiently waited for Wadanohara to finish. He had a gift for both her and Mirei... Something to remember him and Kana by...

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Verite @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Yun Lee @OrlandoBloomers @Chewy Rabbits @Everyone

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Takumi
-Nier Epilogue-
"Project Gestalt"

"Dammit... we're losing him!"

"How?! You mean to the Black Scrawl? Don't be serious Devola, he can't get the Black Scrawl!"

"Well, he just... died way off our reach, and now that we're trying to bring him back, he's immediately getting the Black Scrawl. Something... something in the code has to be malfunctioning."

"... then we have no choice. We need to force the merge now. It's the only way that Nier is going to become human again and avoid the Black Scrawl."

His mind stirred, he heard the voices of Popola and Devola echoing about... he saw a light forming in front of what he perceived to be his eyes. He didn't feel anything anymore. All that he could perceive was the voices and seeing the light shining down onto him. Nier would try to say something, to get their attention, but nothing came out of his mouth. He had no voice, he was left stranded here in this void. Then... then he realized something, upon listening into the banter the twin sisters had.

That's right... I... I died.

Brief flashes of his last moments in his life during the aftermath of Handsome Jack's demise, being held close by Vanille... He could see it all flash in one instance, and then immediately be cut off... just like how he was immediately cut off from saying his last words to the pinkette. It was strange, to think that he would develop feelings for Vanille so fast, and at first he felt that it was only his natural habit of protecting people kicking in. It felt awkward to him, remembering that he was also developing feelings for Kainé before being dragged into Rapture... before the Shadowlord's attack onto the village.

I... died to the... Black Scrawl...

Even in death, Nier couldn't fight back the feeling of tears, not sure if he would feel his tears in such an empty place. Releasing what felt to be a stream of tears, Nier would've done so when he first realized that he was infected with the Black Scrawl, where he wanted to be wrong and that it was something else. But the truth was there, he was dying to it, and here he was... alone in some different afterlife. He wasn't sure how long he had been dead... but only now Popola and Devola were working on reviving him... somehow.

That meant he would be able to see everyone again. Including Grimoire Weiss, Kainé, Emil...

Yonah...

Everything stopped as Nier came to this name, he instantly remembered what he had to do once he was revived. The very purpose of hunting down the Sealed Verses to regain Grimoire Weiss's strength, the very purpose of killing the Shades, the very purpose fighting his way through Rapture to go home: to ensure his little sister would live happily and not suffer under this dreadful disease that was feared by all. He didn't care if he was too late anymore, he needed to see his little sister again. Nier wanted to save her still, and if he was too late, he could give her a proper resting place... the least that the older brother could do.

Yonah, I'll... I'll be back soon... I promise...

Unable to see his own form, Nier reached his hand towards the light that was above him, as if trying his best to speed up this possible revival process. He didn't understand how exactly the twins had found a way to revive him, but he supposed it was related to the mysteries concerning the ancient civilized world. But he ignored those facts, because Nier was bent on coming back and fixing as much as he could. Such as the damages from his disappearance and writing out the wrongs that plagued others that he cared for in his life.

"Alright, got the necessary pieces for the merge. His data within the Replicant System was thankfully still intact. Initiating the merging sequence of Project Gestalt now!"

Even if he were revived successfully... where would he appear? Back home in the village? Back in the hellish city known as Rapture? Some other place he had no knowledge of? He wasn't sure. The light above him began to grow greater and greater, brighter and brighter... and before it could consume him whole... Nier had one more thought before he disappeared to this light. A thought he wished he could say to a particular girl now...

I'm... sorry for dying on you... Vanille... I'm so... sorry.

<->

July 20, 3471
Report #11242

One year after the merge that would've concluded Project Gestalt. At first, we were successful on bringing back the Replicant of Nier, despite the Replicant disappearing from our radars a week ago. However, in order to do so, we were to force a merge with what we had left over of Grimoire Weiss and the original Grimoire Noire.

What we did not expect was that the merge with every other Gestalt and Replicant had immediately malfunctioned and relapsed. Thankfully, our treatment in keeping the Gestalt of Yonah stable and the Replicant of Yonah safe had ensured that her merge was successful. The same cannot be said for the rest of the Replicants and Gestalts, leaving Nier and Yonah to be the last real humans on this world.

The merge with these two last humans was not without fault. Upon their awakening, both subjects, Nier and Yonah, began to tell us about a strange voice in their heads, voices that sounded similar to them but were of different conscience. It can be possible that even with the merging of a Gestalt and a Replicant, the miscalculation with the Replicant's data, the separate conscience and personality, had remained within the newly recrafted humanity of Nier and Yonah.

Furthermore, we noticed a strange biological change in their bodies, where human cells that had been recrafted by the merge appear to be non-aging and thus unable to die off. This could a strange case of apparent immortality, where they cannot age and die off naturally.

In a way, Project Gestalt was successful, but only to a very select few. With humanity left to only two individuals, we may have to resort to repopulating the world once more, start anew.

More will be reported on the way as time goes on.

Observer: 021 Codename: Popola

<->

"Brother, it's getting cold in here."

Yonah mumbled, curling up into a ball on her bed. Despite it being summer, the cold began to settle it, and Nier had distant memories of Shinjuku. He remembered how it all happened on the year 2042. It felt the same in their new yet familiar home within this empty village. It was truly haunting to see a village this empty, but according to Popola and Devola... they were probably the last of humanity. Nier reassured Yonah that they weren't alone if Popola and Devola were around, but he was well aware of what the twins were. He remembered all of it. How he got into Project Gestalt to save his sister's relapsing Gestalt. It was just a coincidence that he was designated as the original Gestalt... the Shadowlord.

"Hold on Yonah, I'll grab some of my blankets from my bed, you'll need it more than me."

With that said, Nier began to head downstairs of their home within the village. The house in general felt familiar, and at the same time, new. When brought here by the twins, Nier strangely remembered that Yonah would always rest upstairs and that he remained down on the ground floor of the house. Even though he was first hopeful that this Project Gestalt would solve their problems, it only created more problems from what he saw other than the only benefit being that they would live.

Upon getting downstairs, Nier felt a pounding in his head, something was yelling within his mind. It was enough to make him stop in his tracks, holding the side of his head in an annoyance. Snapping out of his own thoughts about how things had gone so far, Nier froze as he heard something else, or rather... someone else.

Damn you... this was my home with my sister! Not yours!

There it was again, the strange voice that had a great disdain for him. Nier never had thought that this Project Gestalt was going to finish smoothly. He was told that his Replicant's conscience would be still around, but he never expected it to be this self aware... When this occurred the first time, it frightened him and Yonah. He knew the Replicants were practically copies of themselves, and that they developed a separate consciousness of memories. However, something about the awareness of the Replicants... it felt almost different... they weren't perfectly in sync when it came to their memories.

"This is our home. We share the same identity, body, personality, we're not that different, other me."

Not wanting to disturb Yonah upstairs, Nier kept his voice in a leveled tone, folding his blankets so he could carry all of it upstairs. As he was uncomfortable with this occurring the first time, it didn't take long for Nier to get used to this, not losing his calm in contrary to the voice's apparent anger and frustration.

Tch... I still don't understand why you Shades wanted to take over the lives that we all wanted to live peacefully... look around you. Everything is gone... and it's all your fault. You got Popola and Devola doing your deeds... taking advantage of Grimoire Weiss like this...

"Other me, we both wanted the best for everyone, and some times... the world isn't going to follow what you want. Either way, we both worked ourselves to the brink of death, wanting the best for our sisters. We're not that different... and this is probably the best outcome we can get..."

The voice in his head became quiet once more, letting Nier get a sigh of relief to see that the entity within him had calmed down. The Replicants saw the Gestalts as Shades... much like monsters, but it was just ironic on how such "monsters" were actually just as human as the Replicants. The actions that the Replicants had done due to this assumption, it was like they were the true monsters here... Yet, both were the same, due to how they were always meant to merge in order to become true humans again. It was only the matter of perspective while living in such a dying world. That was all that Nier could think of on the matter, not that it would actually matter anymore with the lack of actual other humans in this world. However, it seemed to whisper something in his thoughts...

Vanille... I'm so sorry... for dying on you...

Nier didn't recognize that name at all. Vanille... it felt familiar, but Nier was certain that in his normal life and his life as a Gestalt, it didn't ring a bell. Was this a name that his Replicant had acquainted himself with? What exactly did his Replicant end up doing with that strange disappearance? He witnessed his Replicant disappear from thin air before him when he first appeared at the village to go and retrieve Yonah's Replicant. He overheard the conversation between the twins, that his Replicant had gone off the radar, and disappeared from the face of the world. To think that his Replicant had gone to a world unknown to them, it felt unreal for Nier to think about.

Now that he had questioned that name, Vanille, he began to have brief flashes of a distant place, a city underwater... a particular girl with bright pink hair and an optimistic attitude... Maybe there really was another world that they just didn't know about.

"Vanille is waiting out there... somewhere... one day, we'll see her again. I'll let you talk to her, she seems important to you... and I won't deny you the chance to talk to her. I promise you that."

Despite the Replicant of his being a copy, meant for the sake of the Project Gestalt, Nier felt the strange need to affirm his copy's conscience that it'll be fine. He knew little to nothing about this Vanille, but the more he thought about it, he figured it was a very important person that his Replicant had met during his disappearance into another world. Heading upstairs with the extra blankets for Yonah, Nier noticed that his little sister seemed uneasy while trying to sleep.

"Big brother... there's a girl in my head... she's crying out for her brother... I... I feel bad for her... she sounds like she... hasn't seen her brother for so long..."

So it was happening for Yonah again? Unlike the frustrations that Nier had to listen to often, Yonah had said that her other voice, the voice of her Replicant, was always crying, crying out for her own brother. It must feel cruel to the Replicants then, that they were unable to reunite with each other, that they were only a mere side effect of the separation and merge of the operation. A grimacing face appeared on Nier for a brief moment before a gentle smile took it over, he kneeled at her bed.

"Don't worry... it'll be fine, Yonah. If we happened to be find ourselves again, after all of these years, I'm sure that this girl you hear in your head... she'll see her brother soon. Or that maybe... both probably found each other now."

Yonah blinked at that explanation as she was not so great to understanding certain things in the world, and then she noticed something different to where she had a confused look on her face.

"... the girl... she stopped crying..."

Even now, Nier felt that himself and this other self were in sync, patting Yonah on the head. It felt like both Niers were comforting and reassuring their Yonahs at the same time, something that should've been the permanent result of Project Gestalt, except... it was only for that one instance this quiet night.

"... see? She's better now, she probably found her brother. Good night... Yonah."

Reassured and no longer worried for her own Replicant, Yonah finally fell asleep, and with that... Nier blew out the candle lights of the room before closing the door behind him.

A night has passed with many more days to come...

-End-

@A Tiny Fool @Chewy Rabbits @anybody else that wants to read this wall of text xD​

latest

1YAcquA.jpg

8z5qVTW.jpg

tumblr_o3cocakl4W1v83vjro7_250.jpg

All of Keaton's attempts to hide his sadness melted away as Wada had walked up and ran her fingers through his fur. It almost seemed like he was... crying... Kind of but he was trying so hard not to.

"You uh... You could've asked to do that sooner... I-I wouldn't have minded..." She saved his life so many times... It would seem jerkish to deny her something like that. Though... When the music from her hits it did make the Wolfskin cry albeit silent tears. Still it didn't stop him from his next actions as he took his two beaststones one in each hand and patiently waited for Wadanohara to finish. He had a gift for both her and Mirei... Something to remember him and Kana by...

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Verite @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Yun Lee @OrlandoBloomers @Chewy Rabbits @Everyone

The ocarina whistled in the air
With melodies, hums, and sounds so fair.

This music was perfect for Mirei to speak some words.

cjDOPwY.jpg

"Well, what can I say... we've been through quite a lot huh..." Mirei's sobbing proceeds. "It's not every day when I get thrown into another world and go through an undersea city of mayhem, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I think I'm lucky to be thrown into this mess. Because this mess... is how I met you all... and... ahhhh.... I'm not too good with words... but all I want to really say is... thank you all..."

After the ocarina stopped playing, Mirei's tears were dried, and she took her smartphone out. She tapped a few buttons, and if one with the knowledge would peep at it, they would notice that the camera application was in portrait mode, or as the cool kids called it, ready to take a selfie. Those who peeped might notice Mirei flipping through photographs of her and her friends during the process.

AtVjpXI.jpg

"I'm not ready to end this on a sad note. Everyone, let's get a little closer together... and a 3... 2... 1..."

Mirei prepared to take a group selfie with just Kana, Wadanohara, Keaton and her. It's nice to keep a momento. Although, they might be surprised at others popping in for the snap.

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Kaykay @Verite @Jeremi @Yun Lee @C.T. @Chewy Rabbits @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @ANYONEWANNAPHOTOBOMBORPARTAKE​

A smile was on Ty Lee's face as she loudly said, "I want to join your Coalition, please!"
Ocelot looked at Ty Lee, then at the portal, then back at Ty Lee.

"... Okay."

"It's not like the other incarnation of you we have at the Coalition does that much anyway."

@Yun Lee @C.T.

Last edited:
wvvPrQV.jpg

The after party, the explanations, the resolution, the rewards, the Coalition...

None of this mattered to Carol. Not now. Her eyes had been opened to a staggering amount that existed beyond her doorstep where a wealth of opportunities could be found, but it all still paled in comparison to the world she had left behind. Rick and the others -- her family -- were waiting for her. Like it or not, in that world of death and violence, Carol was their protector, and she figured she would be until the day she died.

She was unsure what the others would want to do with her, whether they wished to hand her over to the authorities like Jack or deal with her in some other manner. Killing Lizzie, again, was not-- would never be something Carol could easily do. Any sort of killing was not something Carol took pleasure in. Even as a necessity of life, it ground Carol's very soul to take another's life. She had added five to her tally, but that was still five too many. It would never be easy.

She could have easily slipped away without them laying a hand on her, but Carol felt obligated to stay for at least one reason...

"Ellis."

Carol approached the boy, looking ragged and as if she had added ten years to her life within the last few hours. She had lied to the boy and done things around him that she did not think he could ever forgive. As sorry as she was, she would not blame him if he chose not to forgive. "You're a good boy. I came to see that... I wanted to protect you. I'm glad you're here."

"Tryin' to protect me? Shit, I thought I was protecting you."

Ellis didn't seem angry or upset. He just seemed like Ellis. His attitude seemed to hint he was "over" what happened, but who really could tell?

"So, this is it, huh? I guess you're ready to go home?"

Ellis was clearly not trying to address the issues that Carol thought he had, but why?

Carol stared at Ellis with a suspicious glint in her eye, finding herself put off by his demeanor. Whether Ellis was intentionally avoiding the elephant in the room was not entirely certain, but they couldn't dance around the subject. Sighing, she placed her hands on her hips and gave Ellis a tight frown.

"I'll be going home, but not before we have a talk. You were mighty upset before, and with good reason. I'm not taking back what I said, Ellis, but I won't leave it." She made a measured pause, glancing off to the side. "You don't have to be okay with it, sweetie. Not at all. It was an awful and horrible thing to do, but it's the kind of thing... the same kind of thing I've had to do where I come from. I told you stories... because it was safer."

"You tryin' to convince me or yaself? Cuz' I get it. I disagree with it, but I get it. But do you? "

Ellis was naive, that was true, but something he was saying sounded wise.

"You're my friend. Carol, always will be. I ain't know you that well, but I know this; I don't think you can deal with this much longer. You say you're doin' this because you care? You doin' this shit to protect the people you love? You gotta big heart, as my mom would say. But if you put this much weight on it? Shit, it ain't matter how big it is, the levy is gonna break, Carol. A leopard can;t change its spots. A good person can't just stop being good. I can live with what you do, I'm not sure you can."

"... Well."

She wanted to argue with him, wanted to snap at him for suggesting such a thing. Good and not good were not concepts that mattered when it came to survival. There were only survivors and the dead, simple as that.

... If only it was so simple.

Carol shook her head, moving forward to place a comforting hand on Ellis' arm. If she was being honest, maybe she was the one that needed reassurance. The tally for today was five, but what about tomorrow? The next day? Maybe Ellis was right, that it would all come crashing down on Carol eventually, but she truly did not see any other way. If you had people to protect, people you loved, then one had to kill.

It was as certain as water is wet.

"I understand. I'm sorry I can't be the kind of person you want me to be. Really. Maybe, anywhere else... but not back home." Carol took a step away from Ellis, deflating slightly. She at least managed a small smile. "I'll see you, honey."

"Nah, you can. I know you can, Carol. It's choice. It's not an easy one, but it's the right one."

Watching his friend walk off, Ellis smiled. He wasn't one to hold grudges. Carol would always be a friend. The certainty of his words was clear.

"See ya, Carol. Don't do anything I wouldn't. Well, that ain't sayin' much. Still! Be safe!"

It was with a heavy heart that Carol stepped away from Ellis, eyes on him as she moved toward the portals. Sure, he would be fine, but where Carol was going, she doubt she would ever cross paths with the boy again. Perhaps it was for the best. Really, who could say Carol had been meant to end up here in Rapture? Definitely an odd choice when one thought about it; just one woman with nothing special about her to speak of. She may have been a survivor, but she was no hero. She hadn't been what Rapture deserved and she would be leaving it as quietly as she had arrived.

Ushered toward the portals by one of the Coalition agents, Carol would be leaving with many regrets.

AW8fuRM.jpg

But one of those regrets would not meeting everyone. Ellis, Scott, Gwen, and yes, even Tywin would hold a special place in Carol's memories for a long time to come.

@Krieg @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9
Collab with @Josh M

Vanille couldn't bear to stay any longer. With everything that had occurred, she was pretty much done with being in Rapture. She didn't want to stay, she just wanted to be back home, where she was actually capable of taking down monsters with some help from Fang. The Oerbian had more experience with the beasts back home. Not here in Rapture. Taking one more look at Nier's corpse, she frowned and touched his hand for the last time.

"I'm sorry..."

Slowly getting up on her feet, Vanille made her way towards the portals and walked on through without looking back. She'd met so many amazing people, and she wanted to say her goodbyes, but she didn't feel well enough to say anything to anyone.

//epilogue will be posted later later later. :p​

Mystique observed the events around her in silence. She saw how the children who had formed a bond with each other during the mission were sad at having to say goodbye to each other. She saw Vanille's tears over Nier's death.

In spite of all of Handsome Jack's attempts to divide them, people in the group had bonded. They had started out as strangers, but they had come to truly care for one another. And soon, it would be time for them to part company.

She had not formed any strong attachments to anyone in this game. She doubted anyone considered her a friend, or would be sad to part company with her. And perhaps it was for the best.

"I do not have any real attachments to anyone in this group. To be honest, I do not expect to see any of you again. You were ... interesting allies against a common threat. But that is all."

"I still am not entirely sure why Handsome Jack had the likes of Arachne and a supernatural Jack the Ripper as allies, but I consider our business here concluded. I am ready to return home, unless anyone has something they wish to say."

@A Tiny Fool @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @CCC Kouhai @Crimson Spartan @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @DBZ7 @Ellya @Gummi Bunnies @Hana @Indolent @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Sen @T.O.M. @Takumi @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @Yun Lee @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Others?
A gentle tap on her shoulder would hopefully draw her attention back to the cocky 'magician' from before
"Running off before you thank me for saving your life?" Jacob murmurs, frowning playfully "You know, that's poor manners"
"In some cultures. A person who has their life saved will become their savior's servant until they can repay the debt in kind"
He pauses for a long moment, grinning mischievously
"I will settle for a date instead"
tumblr_nxo79y9Y2f1tc2db6o1_500.gif

"That's not too much to ask, is it?"

@Chris Lang

Reactions: Takumi
Oerba Dia Vanille • Epilogue

NewBodhumAtNight.png

[drop]W[/drop]hen she managed to open her eyes again, Vanille found herself standing in a place that she finally recognized. She stood, facing the crystal pillar that both she and Fang rested in while they were in their crystal slumber. She'd had dreams about coming face to face with the gigantic structure that she'd created, and it was truly a beautiful sight. Vanille had been surprised that she and Fang had been able to create such a thing. The Pulsian stared at it and Cocoon. With the moon and stars in the night sky, both Cocoon and the pillar glowed a light blue. As she marveled at the sight, she noticed that in her hand, she still held on to the Lunar Tear that was given to her by Nier.

'I won't forget you.'

1890_original.png

She wouldn't ever dare to forget about him. Not after all they had been through together... Never.

"Vanille!"

The girl jumped at hearing her name being called abruptly. She froze in place after realizing who the voice belonged to. Soon enough, she turned to face the person who stood behind her. Emerald eyes met another pair of the same hue, and her own eyes widened.

"...Fang?"

ffxiii-purapea-22.png

Because she was there, that meant that Vanille had returned back to crystal stasis, since Fang had stayed in the pillar the entire time she was in Rapture. ...Which meant that this was yet another dream. She suddenly got out of her slump as she was finally with Fang again. However, Fang didn't look too happy with her current countenance.

"Where've you been, Missy?" Fang questioned her.

FangICON6.png

"I've been worried sick!"

Instead of immediately answering her friend, Vanille quickly ran towards Fang and embraced her in a tight hug, being careful not to crush the Lunar Tear that she held. She felt Fang return the gesture with a tight hug of her own.

"I was so scared," Vanille spoke.

"...I never thought I'd see you again."

After a few moments of hugging, the two separated and they looked at each other once more.

"What do you mean by that?"

tumblr_m7u10lNpB21r91hrn.png

"Where were you?" She reiterated.

Right. She hadn't answered Fang's question from before. After going through the hell that was running around in Rapture, and trying to not die by Handsome Jack, Vanille was overly excited to be able to see Fang's face once more—as well as be in her presence. But, she eventually calmed herself down and answered the older Oerbian's questions.

"I woke up in an underwater city called Rapture," she explained.

Fang's eyes had widened at hearing about an underwater city being possible.

tumblr_inline_n2qno6fHlg1qkchao.jpg

"I was lucky to have met so many nice and interesting people. We all worked together to try and get back to our homes. There was also this man who was called Handsome Jack. He tried to kill us, but we managed to stop him," the Oerbian had continued.

Vanille saw that Fang soon began to scowl at hearing her explanation of where she'd been the entire time. The ravenette was protective of her friend, and whenever she was around, she would always keep Vanille safe no matter what. Vanille would do the same.

"Someone tried to kill you?" She asked with a growl.

"Where's the bastard now?"

Vanille gave Fang a reassuring smile and replied, "Don't worry, Fang! I'm okay. He's not going to hurt anyone anymore."

Eventually, Fang hestitantly shrugged it off and smiled back at Vanille. If Handsome Jack was handled with, she wasn't going to press on with that subject. She finally noticed the flower that Vanille held in her right hand. With an eyebrow raised, she commented, "Hey. What's with the flower? Never seen one of those before."

At hearing Fang talking about the flower, Vanille's face softened, and she looked down to avoid having eye contact with her friend. She still did her best to respond. "...This flower's called a Lunar Tear."

11.png

"...The person who gave me this... he told me that it's able to grant a wish for someone if they hold good will in their heart. He—Nier—was special to me, and he... passed away after giving this to me. And... it's my fault that he's... gone."

Her knees became weak, and she found herself kneeling on the ground, the flower sat on the ground before her. Tears had been forming in her eyes, and they cascaded down her cheeks. Pain. Guilt. Sorrow. Frustration. Those were the emotions that she felt.

A hand felt itself resting on one of her shoulders.

"Don't say that." Fang gave a gentle squeeze to the younger woman's shoulder.

9.png

"It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for something you had no control over."

Vanille looked up into Fang's eyes and quickly tried to respond. "But if I—!"

"But nothing, Vanille. It's not your fault," Fang repeated sternly.

The pinkette frowned, but she thought about it, and decided to listen. Nier told her it wasn't her fault. Fang told her it wasn't her fault. Vanille had deep trust in both of them, and because of that, she finally learned that she couldn't keep blaming herself. She had to stay strong, and she had to keep moving forward for her own sake.

"Thank you, Fang," Vanille spoke quietly, a small smile was on her lips. She wiped at her cheeks.

'Thank you, Nier.'

In replacement of all of the negative emotions that she'd been feeling, Vanille felt hopeful.

The older Oerbian carefully picked up the Lunar Tear and returned it to Vanille's hand. It was still in perfect condition. She then pulled the pinkette onto her feet and spoke, "Now, how about we talk about your little adventure? After all, I have a feeling we'll have some time until we're released again."

Vanille nodded her head to Fang's suggestion.

"...Okay!"

"Hm... well... I learned about this one special day called Christmas and..."

The two walked side by side, heading towards some random direction as Vanille spoke to Fang about her experiences back in Rapture. Although her heart still ached from the pain of losing Nier, Vanille decided to keep her chin up for whatever was to come. She held the Lunar Tear close to her heart.

'Maybe we'll meet again, in another lifetime.'

@JuIsAButtButt @BlakeMeUpInside

A gentle tap on her shoulder would hopefully draw her attention back to the cocky 'magician' from before
"Running off before you thank me for saving your life?" Jacob murmurs, frowning playfully "You know, that's poor manners"
"In some cultures. A person who has their life saved will become their savior's servant until they can repay the debt in kind"
He pauses for a long moment, grinning mischievously
"I will settle for a date instead"
tumblr_nxo79y9Y2f1tc2db6o1_500.gif

"That's not too much to ask, is it?"

@Chris Lang
"Jacob Frye..." Mystique said, somewhat surprised. "You are ... alive again? Perhaps I was not paying attention, but I don't know how it happened."

"Last I checked, you had died in the Jack the Ripper incident at the Artemis Suites, and your sister had a breakdown over it. I haven't even seen or heard from her since the mission to Minerva's Den."

She took a close look at Jacob. He appeared to be a living, breathing human, as alive as anyone around her.

"I suppose I do owe you a debt that I haven't properly repaid. Had I not been busy downstairs during the confrontation at the Artemis Suites .... please, don't ask ... I might have been able to return the favor back then."

She paused. "So, what sort of date did you have in mind?"

@DapperDogman @Everyone

"Jacob Frye..." Mystique said, somewhat surprised. "You are ... alive again? Perhaps I was not paying attention, but I don't know how it happened."

"Last I checked, you had died in the Jack the Ripper incident at the Artemis Suites, and your sister had a breakdown over it. I haven't even seen or heard from her since the mission to Minerva's Den."

She took a close look at Jacob. He appeared to be a living, breathing human, as alive as anyone around her.

"I suppose I do owe you a debt that I haven't properly repaid. Had I not been busy downstairs during the confrontation at the Artemis Suites .... please, don't ask ... I might have been able to return the favor back then."

She paused. "So, what sort of date did you have in mind?"

@DapperDogman @Everyone
"I'm not really sure. I died and woke up in a box up in Columbia"
"And, well. I'm sure you know how I got from there to here" he says, laughing softly

As she seemed to take him up on his offer, he gave a long pause, eyes scanning her for any sign of sarcasm or jest. He didn't expect that to work, so his response came after a few moments of thought
"Well, I suppose it depends. I could take you on a tour of London, show you the result of all the hard work of my group, or we could have a long, romantic walk on the beach. I'll leave the choice up to you"

@Chris Lang

Status
Not open for further replies.