Status
Not open for further replies.
John felt relieved... not that he was among everyone again, or only partially. But the burden of having to carry out the tasks of the traitors was released from him, that was what let him relax. If the others might still judge him harshly for killing, so be it. But as he was instructed, he wouldn't kill anyone else unless truly warranted or threatened with death himself.

Not knowing who to address, of what to say really, he just stood there.

"Hey."

@everyone
Mari looked at John, or Pyro. Whatever it was he called himself or was known as. He appeared suddenly, though he was not a newcomer such as Erik was, of course. At least this would be... probably, very interesting.

tumblr_ntf9zzNCR71sg8uefo2_250.gif

"Well, the killer has returned," she said, looking at him, "are you back to try to continue your murderous work?" She was tempted to say more, but there was not much reason to at this time. She had no personal grudge against him, or any personal connection to the deceased. Still, she was cautious, and wary of this young man.

@Wedge Antilles @Gummi Bunnies @york @The Silver Paladin @Verite @melon @study

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Mari looked at John, or Pyro. Whatever it was he called himself or was known as. He appeared suddenly, though he was not a newcomer such as Erik was, of course. At least this would be... probably, very interesting.

tumblr_ntf9zzNCR71sg8uefo2_250.gif

"Well, the killer has returned," she said, looking at him, "are you back to try to continue your murderous work?" She was tempted to say more, but there was not much reason to at this time. She had no personal grudge against him, or any personal connection to the deceased. Still, she was cautious, and wary of this young man.

@Wedge Antilles @Gummi Bunnies @york @The Silver Paladin @Verite @melon @study

John grimaced a bit, this reaction was understandable. He was a convicted murderer, after all...

"Look. I can and will apologize to whatever extent it makes you happy. I won't forgive myself any more than I expect any of you would. I was forced into this, killing, and yeah I know what I did. I'm going to do my best to make up for it, make things right... as much as I can at this point."

@Mari @Gummi Bunnies @york @The Silver Paladin @melon @Verite @study

John grimaced a bit, this reaction was understandable. He was a convicted murderer, after all...

"Look. I can and will apologize to whatever extent it makes you happy. I won't forgive myself any more than I expect any of you would. I was forced into this, killing, and yeah I know what I did. I'm going to do my best to make up for it, make things right... as much as I can at this point."

"... good," Erika mumbled as her eyes darted over at John. It was unclear on how she was feeling upon hearing that, but she had a small smile grow on her face...

@Wedge Antilles @Mari @york @The Silver Paladin @Melon​

There wasn't a whole lot to say about Ryuko's walk through the kitchen, really. There were some spooky shadows and whatnot. Once, while leaning against the counter, she thought she saw an expired Twinkie. Good grief. How terrifying. In the center of the room there was a table, nearly identical to the one Misaka had found upstairs, though that was unbeknownst to her. It was, however, empty, Celty having retrieved the orbs from this room earlier.

The utility room, however, was more interesting-- this also had a small, ornate table installed in the room's center, and it seemed this one still bore its fruits. A pedestal on the left of the surface held a smooth orb displaying a picture of a peaceful, animal habitat, deers, foxes and nature's other creatures basking together in harmony. In contrast, the orb on the right revealed the image of a dead, husky landscape, the plants withered in the ground and all signs of animal life dead and decayed.

There seemed to be nothing else of note in the room.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @C.T.

"...This place really likes that kind of table." She shot a glance over her shoulder in the direction of the kitchen. That one had been empty, but still. "Fancy." She commented, a hand instantly reaching out and gravitating towards the orb shining bright with life. She scooped it up, lowering her head to stare more closely. Typical jungle creatures in relative peace. The object itself even felt...warm. "Magical orbs, huh? Like out of a circus wizard's tent." Her gaze shifted toward the other one, the complete opposite. It was grey and lifeless and she picked it up too. Certainly felt colder to her...but perhaps that was her wishful imagination. She stood there silently, holding on to both and slowly looking from left to right, clearly expecting something to happen in response.

Only after two minutes of nothing but creeping silence, the expression on her face contorted in vexation.

akyQLh6.jpg

"The fuck am I supposed to do with these?!" She growled, only half expecting(and hoping) for an answer from the ghostly spirits. With a sigh, she headed back the way she came, holding tightly onto the pair of orbs as she strode back into the kitchen. She was about to pass right through again before she frowned, tilted her head as she thought about it...before nodding slightly and setting the orbs down for a second. There was something that needed to be done first.

She stepped right over to the counter, eyeing where she thought she had glimpsed...ah ha. She swiped the expired pastry, turning and throwing it into a trash can. So ended the reign of the haunted Hostess snack.

Picking her orbs back up, she came back and approached Max. "Hey, look what I got! Don't know what they do, if they do anything at all but I couldn't find anything else that screamed important."

@OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Jeremi @Atomyk

images

Caster could only watch in dismay as Lon'qu took the blow for Donny and Gilgamesh sought to block them from any more of Caster's attacks. Floating down to the floor as she placed one of her hands onto the closest wall to support herself, she'd grip the end of the lance currently impaled into her chest.

The beams were indeed deflected by Gunha's pressure wall, causing them to veer off course and smash into the ceiling. Chunks of the ceiling began to fall downwards as Caster's breath grew more ragged and heavy with every breath.

"I...I know when I am beaten. Despite the boost that I've been given, it's clear that I'm no match for you. But I will not die allowing you to pin your monstrosities on me! You took the children that were down here for your own purposes! Hid them away so that you would not be found out as the true monster that you are. With my last breaths, I curse you King of Heroes! I curse you to suffer in Hell like the tyrant that you are!"

320px-Demonic_Illusion_Sun_Shower_Technique.jpg

"GAAAAAAAH!"

The hail of weapons tore into Caster and blood splattered all over the basement floor as she stumbled back and forth. Looking over her shoulder at Gilgamesh, she shot him a hateful expression before finally collapsing to the ground as her body began to fade away leaving only the ruined basement behind her.

@Gibbons @Crimson Spartan @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Mighty Roman
Gilgamesh smirked, wasting no time re-activating the Gates to return all of the weapons to the Gates of Babylon. As he did so he laughed claiming "It figures, just as she dies she tries to deflect responsibility for her crimes. Like a true witch! She lives to her name well". Then turning to face Donny and Lonqu he asked "Is he alright?" as he summoned a staff of healing out from the Gates of Babylon and approached the duo.

@Mighty Roman @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Gibbons @Crimson Spartan
"What a non-gutsy way to go down. A real man should face his sins head on!"
"Anyway, so did we fix everything now, or what?"

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Crimson Spartan @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Mighty Roman

fHbge0W.png

A small laugh escaped the girl at learning the headless woman before her was scared of much of anything at all. She quickly brought a hand to her face to obscure her amusement, but she knew it was a lost cause. "Okay, okay, we'll go together," she managed, clearing her throat a little to try and put on a serious demeanor once again. That might as well have been a lost cause as well, as her mind now more on Celty than the task at hand. That multiple people from all kinds of alternate worlds were being tossed into a blender meant just about anything was possible, but Misaka couldn't shake the idea that someone like Celty could be born of Academy City's machinations. The idea that the headless woman was just a supernatural entity didn't sit right with the esper; the supernatural didn't exist, or at least, Misaka didn't like to believe it existed. Science was capable of a great many things. Surely, talking skeletons and other such creatures were a part of that, right?

In contrast to Celty, Misaka sensed Kizaru coming rather easily. His large frame made her electromagnetic waves bounce off him much more easily, allowing her to know of his arrival before his head popped up from the stairs. She resisted the urge to take a step back in his presence to take in the size of him. It was a little intimidating to only come up to someone's waist. Not that Misaka didn't think she could take him, oh no. She'd been thrown up against much larger, really.

... Even if it seemed that physical attacks didn't work on the man. How did that work exactly? Whatever, Misaka though it best not to waste her time on thinking about it.

"The solution probably is that simple," she said, agreeing with the man. Such a lame effort had been put forth by whoever was trying to mess with them that Misaka had no trouble believing their attempts at stumping them would be just as poor. "You know what..." Grinning, the girl tossed the orbs into the air, letting of of them with her electricity so that could grab them with her hands physically. "There we go. Nothing to be scared of here."

@OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Jeremi @C.T.

Stubbs pried himself out of the wall and glanced down at the hole where Caster had blasted straight through him. It wasn't the prettiest new addition to that of Stubb's new wounds. The zombie groaned and turned to face the others as they were leaving. The bitch who had blasted him seemed to have gotten what she had coming to her so that was good at least. '

"Brains.."(This isn't gonna look good at all. Sheesh, this don't look good at all.)

As the group continued further, Saber would have been waiting for them and she glared at Gilgamesh as he and the others exited.

"Hold it! What happened down there, Gilgamesh? You tossed the sword to lure me away and Caster was here. I demand to know what was down in that basement that you didn't want neither me or Lon'qu to see!"

Before Saber could snap even further on the King of Heroes for having covered up his handiwork down in the basement/pinning it on Caster as she died. She noticed the spot where Lon'qu had been attacked or where she assumed a wound had been before he somehow healed it.

1339254770654.jpg

"Lon'qu! What happened to you?!"

@Mighty Roman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Crimson Spartan @Gibbons

• Love
Reactions: Crimson Spartan
Stubbs pried himself out of the wall and glanced down at the hole where Caster had blasted straight through him. It wasn't the prettiest new addition to that of Stubb's new wounds. The zombie groaned and turned to face the others as they were leaving. The bitch who had blasted him seemed to have gotten what she had coming to her so that was good at least. '

"Brains.."(This isn't gonna look good at all. Sheesh, this don't look good at all.)

As the group continued further, Saber would have been waiting for them and she glared at Gilgamesh as he and the others exited.

"Hold it! What happened down there, Gilgamesh? You tossed the sword to lure me away and Caster was here. I demand to know what was down in that basement that you didn't want neither me or Lon'qu to see!"

Before Saber could snap even further on the King of Heroes for having covered up his handiwork down in the basement/pinning it on Caster as she died. She noticed the spot where Lon'qu had been attacked or where she assumed a wound had been before he somehow healed it.

1339254770654.jpg

"Lon'qu! What happened to you?!"

@Mighty Roman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Crimson Spartan @Gibbons
lon_qu_by_bakaarts-d7rrki1.jpg

"I got hit....A couple times... As much as I hate to admit it I can only dodge so many attacks." Lon'qu spoke to Saber putting it off as nothing since it was in the past. He and Donny both looked a little worse for wear.

"Couple times...You almost died 'cause I didn't see an attack comin'. It's my fault you was hurt."

"Quiet Donny. Me taking that attack for you was of my own accord. You didn't have your lance and I knew that you'd be in much worse shape had you taken it compared to if I took it.

"That's not....Er....Just...try not to git yerself killed...We was lucky Gilgamesh had that healin' staff..."

latest

"Still....It's in the past now and we're all okay for now. Just don't worry about it you two. Now that it is over Saber I wish to speak with you in private." Lon'qu spoke before making a almost unnoticeable motion to Gilgamesh. "Away from him at least." Lon'qu told Saber but this time he was only loud enough for Saber and only Saber to hear him.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Mighty Roman @Gibbons

Mari looked back at John. Somehow he seemed both regretful of what he had done in killing the two, but also... still somewhat arrogant, from the tone of his words in her perception. She still felt the need to punish him, but was not quite motivated enough personally to do so. "I am sure whatever was done to you was punishment enough, otherwise those powers that are in control of this murder game would not have let you back with us", she assumed. "Very well. But know that your actions are to be observed even more negatively, so be wise with them."

"... good," Erika mumbled as her eyes darted over at John. It was unclear on how she was feeling upon hearing that, but she had a small smile grow on her face...

Mari nodded in reaction to this response. Erika the detective seemed to be on friendly terms with the deceased so if this was okay with her, then Mari would not add to it herself.

@Wedge Antilles @Gummi Bunnies @york @The Silver Paladin @melon

lon_qu_by_bakaarts-d7rrki1.jpg

"I got hit....A couple times... As much as I hate to admit it I can only dodge so many attacks." Lon'qu spoke to Saber putting it off as nothing since it was in the past. He and Donny both looked a little worse for wear.

"Couple times...You almost died 'cause I didn't see an attack comin'. It's my fault you was hurt."

"Quiet Donny. Me taking that attack for you was of my own accord. You didn't have your lance and I knew that you'd be in much worse shape had you taken it compared to if I took it.

"That's not....Er....Just...try not to git yerself killed...We was lucky Gilgamesh had that healin' staff..."

latest

"Still....It's in the past now and we're all okay for now. Just don't worry about it you two. Now that it is over Saber I wish to speak with you in private." Lon'qu spoke before making a almost unnoticeable motion to Gilgamesh. "Away from him at least." Lon'qu told Saber but this time he was only loud enough for Saber and only Saber to hear him.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Mighty Roman @Gibbons
Mr Negative raised an eyebrow at this. [BCOLOR=#ffffff]'Well, it appears that I may have underestimated some of you. No matter.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]I mean, it is not as if you could pose a threat to me.' [/BCOLOR]He laughed, hollowly.
mr_negative.jpg

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]'However, it appears that my reputation does not precede me. I am Mr Negative. And I wish to know about your mission, and these...internal politics that you intend to discuss.'[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]@Crimson Spartan @Gibbons @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Gen. Gwazi Senpai[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Mighty Roman @Gibbons[/BCOLOR]

Reactions: Mari

Mari looked back at John. Somehow he seemed both regretful of what he had done in killing the two, but also... still somewhat arrogant, from the tone of his words in her perception. She still felt the need to punish him, but was not quite motivated enough personally to do so. "I am sure whatever was done to you was punishment enough, otherwise those powers that are in control of this murder game would not have let you back with us", she assumed. "Very well. But know that your actions are to be observed even more negatively, so be wise with them."

Mari nodded in reaction to this response. Erika the detective seemed to be on friendly terms with the deceased so if this was okay with her, then Mari would not add to it herself.

@Wedge Antilles @Gummi Bunnies @york @The Silver Paladin @melon

"Fair is fair. That's all I can ask for." John breathed deep in relief, as no hysterics erupted over his return... so far at least.

"So, what's going on in this library room?", he asked, looking around and seeing the books and other documents that were there and laying around, as they seemed to have been doing some reading here in this room.

@Gummi Bunnies @Mari @york @The Silver Paladin @melon @Verite

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mari
tumblr_inline_n1o02p2Fp81qhaskl.png

"For the love... Someone come up with an idea already!" Minato yelled in outrage before rolling to the side of the beams aimed at him, thankfully dodging any real pain. However, Thanatos was not so lucky as a beam caught the inside of his left elbow. As a flash of a pained grimace crossed the boy's face, the beast's arm evaporated as the destructive force took root, causing it to howl in agony and rage. The mental fire that burned within him was wild and damaging, but he managed to calm it and Thanatos along with it in a moment of concentration.

Though his Persona's arm soon regenerated and it went back on the assault, slashing and grabbing at the woman, Minato couldn't help but second guess himself. How long could he really keep this up?

tumblr_inline_nifsgamkrP1sfvecc.jpg

"Mister Hamazura, I suggest you think quickly. It seems Minato is having trouble now and I doubt we can last long without him..." Robin muttered as he took careful aim with his pistol. Making sure neither man nor Persona were in his sights, he fired off a few rounds at Mugino, trying to catch her off-guard, "Perhaps we should cut her off from us somehow?"
lJwDsx8.gif

"Tch... shit. I guess it's a real good thing I can work well under pressure," Hamazura sighed in distress, attempting to jog his brain as much as he could, "Alright, uh... how about this? We make a break for the hangar while Minato holds Mugino off so she'll be too distracted to attack us while we flee. Meanwhile, we leave a trail that he could follow once he can follow, like maybe drop some ammo clips or uh... empty bullet shells? If need be, I've got an extension to that plan, but let's focus on Part 1 first if you're willing to go with it."

"It does not seem like we have much choice, unless you are willing to bet it all on Minato," Illya replied, looking down at Robin as she continued to sit on his shoulders, "Wouldn't you agree?"

Meanwhile, as some bullets would be fired at Mugino, she would catch on rather quickly. If ordinary weaponry were a problem for her, she wouldn't be the Level 5 Esper that she was. In the blink of an eye, as the bullets would fly towards her, she would almost instantly formulate what appeared to be a shield with her Meltdowner ability, easily absorbing and disintegrating the bullets.

KQyhp0x.gif

"Ah, ah! Two against one is hardly fair, so I'd suggest backing off if you know what's good for you! You'll get your turn once I rip the blue-haired pretty boy in half!" Mugino exclaimed, moving the shield to protect herself from Thanatos's arm, hoping to effectively catch him and destroy the adversary's arm, or at least, its function!

"That shouldn't take too long though, I imagine!" She said cockily, almost cackling wickedly in excitement at the thought of finally pushing every obstacle out of the way.

@The Tactician

Last edited:
lJwDsx8.gif

"Tch... shit. I guess it's a real good thing I can work well under pressure," Hamazura sighed in distress, attempting to jog his brain as much as he could, "Alright, uh... how about this? We make a break for the hangar while Minato holds Mugino off so she'll be too distracted to attack us while we flee. Meanwhile, we leave a trail that he could follow once he can follow, like maybe drop some ammo clips or uh... empty bullet shells? If need be, I've got an extension to that plan, but let's focus on Part 1 first if you're willing to go with it."

01c.png

"It does not seem like we have much choice, unless you are willing to bet it all on Minato," Illya replied, looking down at Robin as she continued to sit on his shoulders, "Wouldn't you agree?"

Meanwhile, as some bullets would be fired at Mugino, she would catch on rather quickly. If ordinary weaponry were a problem for her, she wouldn't be the Level 5 Esper that she was. In the blink of an eye, as the bullets would fly towards her, she would almost instantly formulate what appeared to be a shield with her Meltdowner ability, easily absorbing and disintegrating the bullets.

KQyhp0x.gif

"Ah, ah! Two against one is hardly fair, so I'd suggest backing off if you know what's good for you! You'll get your turn once I rip the blue-haired pretty boy in half!" Mugino exclaimed, moving the shield to protect herself from Thanatos's arm, hoping to effectively catch him and destroy the adversary's arm, or at least, its function!

"That shouldn't take too long though, I imagine!" She said cockily, almost cackling wickedly in excitement at the thought of finally pushing every obstacle out of the way.

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_nifrg1d24R1sfvecc.png

Robin grimaced before nodding, "Lead the way, Hamazura! We need to get moving!"

tumblr_inline_n1nyu30wBN1qhaskl.png

A sickening smirk appeared as Minato's eyes shot wide and glared at the woman, "I'm not falling for that one!" Suddenly, Thanatos disappeared once again for a slim moment before reappearing, this time behind Mugino with a hand reaching out. "Crush her and finish this!" As his master's intent was made clear, the beastly servant roared out as its finger sought to catch the woman and break her in his hand.​

tumblr_inline_nifrg1d24R1sfvecc.png

Robin grimaced before nodding, "Lead the way, Hamazura! We need to get moving!"

tumblr_inline_n1nyu30wBN1qhaskl.png

A sickening smirk appeared as Minato's eyes shot wide and glared at the woman, "I'm not falling for that one!" Suddenly, Thanatos disappeared once again for a slim moment before reappearing, this time behind Mugino with a hand reaching out. "Crush her and finish this!" As his master's intent was made clear, the beastly servant roared out as its finger sought to catch the woman and break her in his hand.​
"Fucking hell...! You better not die, Arisato! Still gotta pay you back too!" Hamazura exclaimed, before reluctantly taking off with the motionless Takitsubo on his back, "Let's go then!" He said to Robin, expecting him to follow.

"Tch!"

An unprecedented development, but nothing Shizuri Mugino couldn't adapt to. After all, with her reaction speed that was easily on par with the other Level 5s, she had a title to maintain in these sorts of fights. Though she let herself be caught, it wouldn't be long until she'd throw out her counterattack.

Suddenly, she would morph her very arm into a figment of the Meltdowner, and without wasting any time to show it off, would quickly bring it down and attempt to slice Thanatos's arm in half! One could even see a gleam in her eye as she did so. It wasn't some sort of side effect of the Meltdowner, nor was it some cheesy, charming cartoon gleam. It was more like... an artificial eye?

Well, either way, perhaps it didn't matter much, but still...

024ouVw.png

"With the kind of fight you're putting up, I'm surprised you're not on the level of a Level 5 like I am, I'll give you that much! But my cute little comrade is getting away... I hardly have much time left, especially with this crumbling body... so disappear!"

@The Tactician

There was no overt reaction to Misaka boldly taking physical hold of the orbs with her hands, though it was now easier to note that they were smooth and warm to the touch. Celty watched the display with as much fascination as a headless woman could muster, giving the electromaster a thumbs-up of approval and offering another message to read.

[ Are you gonna juggle? ]

She hadn't paid mind to Kizaru's fading trick overmuch. She was glad of it, even. The kick had been a kneejerk reaction to the man's sudden appearance, and it wasn't like she actually wished harm on him or anything.

She was honestly more embarrassed by Misaka laughing at her, but she didn't let that show.

Now that the group were in possession of three sets of orbs, seemingly fulfilling the quota for the locked door's six slots, all that was left to do was see how they related to the slots in question. Once everyone was gathered before the configuration in the basement, Celty just scratched the top of her "head" and gave a meek shrug.

[ Sorry, I'm not gonna be much use. No brain. ]

She tapped the side of her helmet again.

It seemed as though it was up to the party to solve. For those who needed to re-examine the door's workings because they were last described about ten pages ago, there were six slots in the wall, three on either side of the door. The left set of slots bore an inscription reading "The Benefaction of Life", while the right set of slots displayed one that read "The Devastation of Death".

Additionally, it came to light that there was a smaller, more faded etching on the underside of the plaques bearing the inscriptions, reading "© BioWare 2004". Probably wasn't relevant, though.

@C.T. @Atomyk @Jeremi @GhostHouse IS ALMOST OVER​

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Useful
Reactions: Jeremi and C.T.
She looked left, reading the inscription there.

tumblr_inline_n8xxigxC6f1skwqwq.png

She glanced right, quickly scanning to see if it was going where she thought it would.

tumblr_inline_n8xxil2fLR1skwqwq.png

It did. With that, she looked down at the orbs in her hand and sighed, lifting her head back up and affixing no spot in particular with a bored, almost completely underwhelmed look. For all the potential that it had held when she was outside the dang place, the moment she stepped across the threshold into it, it was like it went Disney PG. Very considerate for a house but bleh. "The hot dog salesman was scarier than this. Can you imagine what else might have been in his ingredients?" She shook her head.

tumblr_inline_n8xxizc9B91skwqwq.png

"Like really? That's the secret to the haunted house puzzle?" She just shrugged, placing the orb of bountiful harmony in one of the Life slots and the thin barren orb of death over in another of the Death Slots.

Revan 4lyfe bitches.

@OrlandoBloomers @Atomyk @Jeremi

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Sans stepped up next to Ryuko and gave her a sidelong look.

hiZqUos.jpg

i'm totally stumped. guess my head's empty on ideas.

Suppressing a groan, Misaka looked over the inscriptions. The phrases seemed to be an attempt at being vague, but considering the vivid appearances of the orbs, it all seemed incredibly simple. Their trip through the house had been little more than a walking exercise. "Well then," the girl muttered, placing the oceanic orb in one of the life slots and the volcanic orb in one of the death slots. With a smile, she held out her hand, gesturing for Celty to place the last two orbs.

SOKdihN.png

"It's simple. Place the plains of grass under life, and the desert under death."

TCObrgQ.jpg

probably could have just said you placed the orbs in the correct order. i bet it would have been accepted just as easily.

@OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Jeremi @C.T. @coralprime

"Fucking hell...! You better not die, Arisato! Still gotta pay you back too!" Hamazura exclaimed, before reluctantly taking off with the motionless Takitsubo on his back, "Let's go then!" He said to Robin, expecting him to follow.

"Tch!"

An unprecedented development, but nothing Shizuri Mugino couldn't adapt to. After all, with her reaction speed that was easily on par with the other Level 5s, she had a title to maintain in these sorts of fights. Though she let herself be caught, it wouldn't be long until she'd throw out her counterattack.

Suddenly, she would morph her very arm into a figment of the Meltdowner, and without wasting any time to show it off, would quickly bring it down and attempt to slice Thanatos's arm in half! One could even see a gleam in her eye as she did so. It wasn't some sort of side effect of the Meltdowner, nor was it some cheesy, charming cartoon gleam. It was more like... an artificial eye?

Well, either way, perhaps it didn't matter much, but still...

024ouVw.png

"With the kind of fight you're putting up, I'm surprised you're not on the level of a Level 5 like I am, I'll give you that much! But my cute little comrade is getting away... I hardly have much time left, especially with this crumbling body... so disappear!"

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_mydx9gEqe91qg734k.png

As the others retreated with Illya on Robin's shoulders, Minato grimaced as he felt the strain of summoning a creature like a god of death for so long. Already, he could feel his control on Thanatos slipping away, a feral sense of being filling his soul. He wanted to win this fight, to destroy his opponent. Rip her apart, limb from limb, and protect the people within his pack.

Thankfully, the mental jolt of his Persona's arm being sliced apart brought him back to the surface, and the animalistic thoughts disappeared to allow a clear conscious. As sweat poured down his forehead in a sign of bitter concentration, Minato pushed the beast to raise its sword bearing arm up, the destroyed one still being healed.

"Sorry..." A self-assured smirk appeared in the thin line of his lips, "B-But I have somewhere to be! Thanatos, Brave Blade!" Pushing all of what he thought remained of his willpower into the strike, Minato unleashed Thanatos's rage down into one final downward slash, aiming to bisect Mugino from shoulder to hip perfectly.​

tumblr_inline_mmtowix9pY1qj4xeu.png

Celty looked on as the two inserted the orbs based on its contents matching the inscription given, glancing over at Misaka with what surely would've been a smile had she a face to give it with. Of course. It wasn't hard at all, but she never was much of a puzzle maestro. That didn't stop her from following the esper's instructions, though, inserting the desert orb into its appropriate slot and the grassy plains into the one opposite. With a hollow ringing noise and a pulse of light briefly illuminating all six orbs, the lock on the door gave an audible click as it opened. Celty clapped her gloved hands twice in excitement.

[ Good call, guys! ]

The first to open the door was treated to a rather stark departure from the rest of the house. The room within the sealed vault was well-lit, practically bleached by fluorescent lighting, and militaristic computer equipment was set up in every corner and against every wall. On the far side of the room was a table bearing several papers and official-looking documents. None of that was what first grabbed their attention when they entered, however.

That honor went to the room's occupant.

WU4rQ3T.jpg

He was set up by a bunch of expensive-looking equipment, with a number of monitors running on the hub before him displaying hidden camera readings of just about every room in the house, some of which were running recordings of Misaka, Kizaru, Ryuko and the others making their way through the decrepit building. In fact, one of the live feeds still showed Satsuki staring down the couch in the foyer. It all added up to one fact dawning on all present: they were being watched, ever since they first set foot in the mansion. Just not by what they were probably expecting.

Furthermore, closer examination of the monitors revealed rigging meshes and turnarounds for several of the ghostly apparitions and figures they'd glimpsed throughout the house, as well as functions to project them from hidden devices in every room. Beneath those were surveys for speakers placed strategically around the building, set to emit audio clips of whispers at regular intervals. Ironically enough, Misaka had been correct. All the "supernatural" occurrences here really were nothing more than technological parlor tricks.

"Это произвольное русской заявление! Никто не должен читать это! Это совершенно неуместными! Сойти что перевести сайт!"

The man shouted indecipherably in Russian, spinning around to confront the intruders with wide eyes, backing up against his computer setup. It seemed as though they'd found themselves their very own Scooby-Doo villain. Ryuko's assessments of a PG Disney motif briefly seemed very, very apt.

Then they didn't, as the man bit down on a cyanide capsule and collapsed to the floor, twitching and frothing at the mouth.

Examination of the documents would yield mostly transcripts written in Russian, meaningless to those present; there was, however, an exception, with plans detailing an organized attack on the Church written partially in English found in a brown envelope with "Kotomine" emblazoned on its side. Some useful information, if nothing else, though what they did with it was up to them.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @C.T.

Reactions: Verite
He was set up by a bunch of expensive-looking equipment, with a number of monitors running on the hub before him displaying hidden camera readings of just about every room in the house, some of which were running recordings of Misaka, Kizaru, Ryuko and the others making their way through the decrepit building. In fact, one of the live feeds still showed Satsuki staring down the couch in the foyer. It all added up to one fact dawning on all present: they were being watched, ever since they first set foot in the mansion. Just not by what they were probably expecting.

Furthermore, closer examination of the monitors revealed rigging meshes and turnarounds for several of the ghostly apparitions and figures they'd glimpsed throughout the house, as well as functions to project them from hidden devices in every room. Beneath those were surveys for speakers placed strategically around the building, set to emit audio clips of whispers at regular intervals. Ironically enough, Misaka had been correct. All the "supernatural" occurrences here really were nothing more than technological parlor tricks.​

"...what."
"Это произвольное русской заявление! Никто не должен читать это! Это совершенно неуместными! Сойти что перевести сайт!"

The man shouted indecipherably in Russian, spinning around to confront the intruders with wide eyes, backing up against his computer setup. It seemed as though they'd found themselves their very own Scooby-Doo villain. Ryuko's assessments of a PG Disney motif briefly seemed very, very apt.

"...What."
Then they didn't, as the man bit down on a cyanide capsule and collapsed to the floor, twitching and frothing at the mouth.

"...WHAT???"

She just held her hands up, palms out in a very clear gesture screaming "What the fuck just happened" as she turned to the others. "I'm not even going to try and decipher whatever it was he just said. Unless you guys know." She stepped forward, leaning over to examine the documents and...they too were practically gibberish as far as she was concerned, unable to translate just about any of it.

tumblr_nu8t9j7ILe1radtkso2_500.gif

@OrlandoBloomers @Atomyk @Jeremi

• Thank You
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Status
Not open for further replies.