Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ah! Zombie guy!" Though since he was a zombie, he seemed to be fine. "You shouldn't just blast people, you know. Amazing Punch!" Gunha threw a punch, though despite not being in range to hit Caster, a shockwave flew forth at Caster.

@Crimson Spartan @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Mighty Roman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai
For all of Caster's boasting she allowed herself to get hit, and falsely assumed one of their group dead. Quickly Gilgamesh diverted fire from her to the minions directly though, the sooner they were gone the sooner everyone could focus on Caster as he taunted "Hmph! Letting yourself be harmed by a Mortals weapon! You aren't even worthy of the tile of Caster!".

@Mighty Roman @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Gibbons @Crimson Spartan
With stuff like this going on Donny and Lon'qu decided to put their plan in action. Avoiding minions as best they could awarded Donny a graze across his left arm but the villager kept going. Lon'qu shoulder gash had been opened up a bit more when a second cut came across it. Still as they were to Caster's left they had to try this plan. As Donny leaped into the air Lon'qu sprinted underneath him so Donny could use Lon'qu to push off of and get higher into the air. Once he had gotten as high as he could Donny threw his lance at the caster lady before he fell to the ground landing on his feet.

11101988_979471558770419_161380388_n.jpg

After Donny landed he kept behind Lon'qu who was ready to defend Donny from any remaining minions for now. After the cutting remarks and what not made earlier he didn't want to ask Gilgamesh for help so he merely decided he would keep Donny safe himself even if it costed him his life. His thoughts of Saber and his want to see her again drove him to fight in order to survive this situation.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Mighty Roman @Gibbons

"Ah! Zombie guy!" Though since he was a zombie, he seemed to be fine. "You shouldn't just blast people, you know. Amazing Punch!" Gunha threw a punch, though despite not being in range to hit Caster, a shockwave flew forth at Caster.

@Crimson Spartan @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Mighty Roman @Gen. Gwazi Senpai
For all of Caster's boasting she allowed herself to get hit, and falsely assumed one of their group dead. Quickly Gilgamesh diverted fire from her to the minions directly though, the sooner they were gone the sooner everyone could focus on Caster as he taunted "Hmph! Letting yourself be harmed by a Mortals weapon! You aren't even worthy of the tile of Caster!".

Watching in anger as her minions were cleared away by the dozens due to Gilgamesh's assault, she would have proceeded to retaliate only to be caught off guard by Gunha's incoming shockwave. The force behind it was enough to shatter her magical shield and she was sent colliding into the back wall. Pulling herself free, she'd fall to a knee as she began to cough up blood. While her magic was no joke, her durability was another matter entirely.

QKOvCJV95q1yTNxVaXmAxEe8xqn_VcsB8aejtXo0DuCpzaSu5oA7HV29hr8Svoxd3bAeydr6DOgqKnKoa-QTSYNziVm-q4-OHr5dVrX8beq0KBfKV6_R1sI=w426-h247

"How dare you! I w-won't allow you to have your way! You fight on the same side as a monster even worse than me! Yet I'm the enemy." Rising back to her feet although it was clear her breathing had gone ragged, her eyes narrowed as her cape flared up and the seals from before appeared around the servant as she wiped off the small trail of blood from her mouth.

"If this is the fate you've chosen for yourself then this basement will become your grave!"

images

The basement flashed with an assortment of colors as the magical blasts surged towards the party from the seals. Even if she had been greatly wounded by Gunha's shockwave, she'd not go alone into the darkness! She'd drag the King of Heroes to go with her and those who followed him!
With stuff like this going on Donny and Lon'qu decided to put their plan in action. Avoiding minions as best they could awarded Donny a graze across his left arm but the villager kept going. Lon'qu shoulder gash had been opened up a bit more when a second cut came across it. Still as they were to Caster's left they had to try this plan. As Donny leaped into the air Lon'qu sprinted underneath him so Donny could use Lon'qu to push off of and get higher into the air. Once he had gotten as high as he could Donny threw his lance at the caster lady before he fell to the ground landing on his feet.

11101988_979471558770419_161380388_n.jpg

After Donny landed he kept behind Lon'qu who was ready to defend Donny from any remaining minions for now. After the cutting remarks and what not made earlier he didn't want to ask Gilgamesh for help so he merely decided he would keep Donny safe himself even if it costed him his life. His thoughts of Saber and his want to see her again drove him to fight in order to survive this situation.

This might not have been the best time for her final assault however, as the blasts were primarily aimed towards Gilgamesh and Gunha. She didn't even stop to think of the brat with the lance. Which would have proved to be the servant's last mistake as she turned her head just in time to catch the lance flying towards her. Thrusting her hand out, a magical blast fired out from the palm of her hand to slam into Donny before the lance impaled Caster in the chest.

images

"N-No! How could this have happened...? I had so much power at my fingertips..."
@Crimson Spartan @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Mighty Roman @Gibbons

Gilgamesh took advantage of Casters now stunned state to quickly dash out of the way of her attacks and then rain his Gates of Babylon upon her yelling "Your foul experiments in this Basement are over witch!", if any of her attacks were still following him he diverted the number of Gates needed to intercept and block them. However one Gate of Babylon appeared next to Donny, out of it came the same Lance that he had used against Saber, but unlike the others it was not attacking Donny but rather slowly coming out as if being offered.

Watching in anger as her minions were cleared away by the dozens due to Gilgamesh's assault, she would have proceeded to retaliate only to be caught off guard by Gunha's incoming shockwave. The force behind it was enough to shatter her magical shield and she was sent colliding into the back wall. Pulling herself free, she'd fall to a knee as she began to cough up blood. While her magic was no joke, her durability was another matter entirely.

QKOvCJV95q1yTNxVaXmAxEe8xqn_VcsB8aejtXo0DuCpzaSu5oA7HV29hr8Svoxd3bAeydr6DOgqKnKoa-QTSYNziVm-q4-OHr5dVrX8beq0KBfKV6_R1sI=w426-h247

"How dare you! I w-won't allow you to have your way! You fight on the same side as a monster even worse than me! Yet I'm the enemy." Rising back to her feet although it was clear her breathing had gone ragged, her eyes narrowed as her cape flared up and the seals from before appeared around the servant as she wiped off the small trail of blood from her mouth.

"If this is the fate you've chosen for yourself then this basement will become your grave!"

images

The basement flashed with an assortment of colors as the magical blasts surged towards the party from the seals. Even if she had been greatly wounded by Gunha's shockwave, she'd not go alone into the darkness! She'd drag the King of Heroes to go with her and those who followed him!

This might not have been the best time for her final assault however, as the blasts were primarily aimed towards Gilgamesh and Gunha. She didn't even stop to think of the brat with the lance. Which would have proved to be the servant's last mistake as she turned her head just in time to catch the lance flying towards her. Thrusting her hand out, a magical blast fired out from the palm of her hand to slam into Donny before the lance impaled Caster in the chest.

images

"N-No! How could this have happened...? I had so much power at my fingertips..."
The blast would have slammed into Donny had Lon'qu not pushed Donny out of the and was blasted himself by it. This left the Myrmidon blasted into the nearest wall. Falling out of the place in the wall he was blasted into Lon'qu probably lie there for a moment trying to recover from it.

"LON'QU!!!!" Donny yelled as he sprinted towards his friend. As he reached Lon'qu he largely ignored what Gilgamesh was doing.

Gilgamesh took advantage of Casters now stunned state to quickly dash out of the way of her attacks and then rain his Gates of Babylon upon her yelling "Your foul experiments in this Basement are over witch!", if any of her attacks were still following him he diverted the number of Gates needed to intercept and block them. However one Gate of Babylon appeared next to Donny, out of it came the same Lance that he had used against Saber, but unlike the others it was not attacking Donny but rather slowly coming out as if being offered.

For now Donny ignored the lance that had been provided for him by Gilgamesh as he turned over Lon'qu who seemed to be in very bad condition.

"Hang in there Lon'qu we'll git you some help right quick.."

"Donny....Just....Help me up...I'm fine..."

"Not if yer needin' me to help ya up you ain't.."

".....Fine..."

Lon'qu willed himself to his feet no way was he about to die here. Still when he tried to take a step he fell to a knee Donny also dropping to a knee to help Lon'qu up.

"I'ma git him outta here..." Donny told the others as he started to help Lon'qu up and out of the basement. Right now he didn't even care about his lance and the lance Gilgamesh provided as he saw getting Lon'qu out as the bigger priority.

Lon'qu on the other hand half consciously clutched his sword still. Thoughts of Saber rushing through his head and allowing him to keep willing himself on with Donny's help.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Gibbons @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Mighty Roman

Last edited:
Gilgamesh noticed Donny's sudden change of pace when Lonqu got injured. As a result the originally offered lance then fired directly at Casters. The Gates of Babylon them moving to created a wall between the leaving Duo and Caster, as he continued to fire his gates towards Caster.

images

images

Noticing the incoming beams, Gunha chose to block them head on.
55c7b48ac3bdcd09d1d83f02e0c80003.png

After taking his pose, he slammed both hands down on the ground, creating a wall of pressure to try to deflect the beams coming down at him and Gilgamesh. Though it seemed retaliation wouldn't be necessary as she took a spear to the chest.

f7fdc0d70d3b9ae9a63d66223bd66345.png

"It's not about how powerful you are. I've said it before, that kind of crap doesn't matter. It's about how much guts you have."
Having a numbers advantage was useful too, though.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Crimson Spartan @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Mighty Roman

e9b28d1cd07a29698bfff519edb7fca01a399923_hq.gif

With the picture portion of their scary ghost house tour done for now, Ryuko simply turned on her heel with a smile. "Do show me the picture in a bit after all this and maybe we'll get the chance to take some more later. Actually, you know what? To hell with maybe, we'll definitely get some cool pictures later! I'd like that." She called over her shoulder. But for now, there was an mostly empty ghost house that beckoned. She noticed out of the corner of her eye that Kizaru had skulked out of the basement and went right up the other set of stairs with hardly a look. "Welp there goes my idea. Upstairs is crowded nuff as it is. Guess I've got this floor with ya. You and me, Max!" She leaned her head to the side, giving the place an unsure glance before shrugging, strolling onwards.

A few steps into the kitchen, her sneakers came to a grinding halt as she just looked around to see if there were any hints of spectral shit or whatever. Though you had to be a pretty damn special kind of ghost to get saddled with that job. She flicked the fridge absently. "Oh look at me and beware my presence! I am the phantom of the kitchen, devoted to haunting your Spaghetti-O's!" She mocked, leaning against the counter with a snicker. Her laughter died out not long after her words did, her attempt to make light of the situation lost in the wind. "Man. Never thought I'd say it but even Mikisugi's lectures are more lively than this."

With a sigh, she continued on past the kitchen to check out the utility room.

@OrlandoBloomers @Krieg

• Thank You
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
The blast would have slammed into Donny had Lon'qu not pushed Donny out of the and was blasted himself by it. This left the Myrmidon blasted into the nearest wall. Falling out of the place in the wall he was blasted into Lon'qu probably lie there for a moment trying to recover from it.

"LON'QU!!!!" Donny yelled as he sprinted towards his friend. As he reached Lon'qu he largely ignored what Gilgamesh was doing.

For now Donny ignored the lance that had been provided for him by Gilgamesh as he turned over Lon'qu who seemed to be in very bad condition.

"Hang in there Lon'qu we'll git you some help right quick.."

"Donny....Just....Help me up...I'm fine..."

"Not if yer needin' me to help ya up you ain't.."

".....Fine..."

Lon'qu willed himself to his feet no way was he about to die here. Still when he tried to take a step he fell to a knee Donny also dropping to a knee to help Lon'qu up.

"I'ma git him outta here..." Donny told the others as he started to help Lon'qu up and out of the basement. Right now he didn't even care about his lance and the lance Gilgamesh provided as he saw getting Lon'qu out as the bigger priority.

Lon'qu on the other hand half consciously clutched his sword still. Thoughts of Saber rushing through his head and allowing him to keep willing himself on with Donny's help.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Gibbons @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Mighty Roman
Gilgamesh noticed Donny's sudden change of pace when Lonqu got injured. As a result the originally offered lance then fired directly at Casters. The Gates of Babylon them moving to created a wall between the leaving Duo and Caster, as he continued to fire his gates towards Caster.

Noticing the incoming beams, Gunha chose to block them head on.
55c7b48ac3bdcd09d1d83f02e0c80003.png

After taking his pose, he slammed both hands down on the ground, creating a wall of pressure to try to deflect the beams coming down at him and Gilgamesh. Though it seemed retaliation wouldn't be necessary as she took a spear to the chest.

f7fdc0d70d3b9ae9a63d66223bd66345.png

"It's not about how powerful you are. I've said it before, that kind of crap doesn't matter. It's about how much guts you have."
Having a numbers advantage was useful too, though.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Crimson Spartan @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Mighty Roman
images

Caster could only watch in dismay as Lon'qu took the blow for Donny and Gilgamesh sought to block them from any more of Caster's attacks. Floating down to the floor as she placed one of her hands onto the closest wall to support herself, she'd grip the end of the lance currently impaled into her chest.

The beams were indeed deflected by Gunha's pressure wall, causing them to veer off course and smash into the ceiling. Chunks of the ceiling began to fall downwards as Caster's breath grew more ragged and heavy with every breath.

"I...I know when I am beaten. Despite the boost that I've been given, it's clear that I'm no match for you. But I will not die allowing you to pin your monstrosities on me! You took the children that were down here for your own purposes! Hid them away so that you would not be found out as the true monster that you are. With my last breaths, I curse you King of Heroes! I curse you to suffer in Hell like the tyrant that you are!"

320px-Demonic_Illusion_Sun_Shower_Technique.jpg

"GAAAAAAAH!"

The hail of weapons tore into Caster and blood splattered all over the basement floor as she stumbled back and forth. Looking over her shoulder at Gilgamesh, she shot him a hateful expression before finally collapsing to the ground as her body began to fade away leaving only the ruined basement behind her.

@Gibbons @Crimson Spartan @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Mighty Roman

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Gilgamesh smirked, wasting no time re-activating the Gates to return all of the weapons to the Gates of Babylon. As he did so he laughed claiming "It figures, just as she dies she tries to deflect responsibility for her crimes. Like a true witch! She lives to her name well". Then turning to face Donny and Lonqu he asked "Is he alright?" as he summoned a staff of healing out from the Gates of Babylon and approached the duo.

tumblr_inline_mydx6qBPh91qg734k.png

"Funny, Shizuri Mugino... You think I'm not going to cook you alive for abusing a girl for your own gain."

A beat passed near silently, a gentle breeze passing through as Minato allowed his words to sink in. Just beneath the surface of his cold expression was a hidden wellspring of anger that had been stirred. Before, he would have been fine to let the woman run off, but now, he was ready to protect Hamazura and Rikou.

His arm shot up and the trigger's pull rang out as the muzzle pressed against his head. Glass broke in a chorus that signalled Orphesus's return, and the young man scowled as he directed the Persona toward Mugino, "No mercy!"

The creature flew into action next, charging forward with harp in hand. Strings were plucked in a beautiful symphony of hell, and fire, near uncontrollable, lashed out at the woman in a wave of rage manifested in destructive heat. It seemed Minato truly did aim to consume her for her actions regarding Rikou.

tumblr_inline_nifrgjwUx41sfvecc.png

"Hamazura, if you know another way, then go! We'll take care of this!" Robin exclaimed in a raised voice to be heard over the flames. Already, he was moving forward, looking for an opening in the woman's defense. One precise stab or smack with his pipe, and it could be all over for their opponent.​
"Tch! Like I can just leave you guys behind! I still need to pay you back for saving me from those soldiers from before!" Hamazura said, staying put reluctantly, "If there's one thing I can say about fighting Mugino though... she may be ungodly strong, hell, her title of being the fourth strongest in Academy City is probably an understatement now, but if you play some keepaway with her, that might do the trick. I've beaten her before with just my wits, I'll say that much, but that was likely just a complete fluke back then. With Mugino like this... who knows what's going on in that damned mind of hers?!"

Meanwhile, with superhuman movements and a reaction speed likely surpassing supersonic, the woman managed to deftly evade the waves of fire, appearing several meters behind where she once was. Wasn't the first time dodging an explosion at her face in any case.

Gathering her bearings, Shizuri Mugino would narrow her eyes as the shape of the green ball of energy in her hand would shift a little.

"My turn."

tumblr_nvtzaq3hKn1u1wxpxo3_500.gif

With that, she would fire her own wave of destructive energy. Demonstrating her infamous "Meltdowner" ability, the ball of energy would shoot at Orpheus in the form of several energy beams with the intent of destroying it. But they were more than just mere energy beams.

She called this technique Silicon Burn. A beam that split into smaller beams to cover more area. Self-explanatory and simple in execution, but effective and trusty.

Meltdowner is an ability that allows her to convert electrons into unstable destructive matter that is said to be in a state between particles and waves. With that, it was more than just a laser that affected the surface. It was an ability that could cause destruction on the subatomic level, even for material stronger than steel with relative ease.

"So that's your power? Summoning other things to fight for you? C'mon, show me more! Show me more of your stuff!" Mugino exclaimed, continuing to walk towards you all, grinning excitedly.

@The Tactician

images

Caster could only watch in dismay as Lon'qu took the blow for Donny and Gilgamesh sought to block them from any more of Caster's attacks. Floating down to the floor as she placed one of her hands onto the closest wall to support herself, she'd grip the end of the lance currently impaled into her chest.

The beams were indeed deflected by Gunha's pressure wall, causing them to veer off course and smash into the ceiling. Chunks of the ceiling began to fall downwards as Caster's breath grew more ragged and heavy with every breath.

"I...I know when I am beaten. Despite the boost that I've been given, it's clear that I'm no match for you. But I will not die allowing you to pin your monstrosities on me! You took the children that were down here for your own purposes! Hid them away so that you would not be found out as the true monster that you are. With my last breaths, I curse you King of Heroes! I curse you to suffer in Hell like the tyrant that you are!"

320px-Demonic_Illusion_Sun_Shower_Technique.jpg

"GAAAAAAAH!"

The hail of weapons tore into Caster and blood splattered all over the basement floor as she stumbled back and forth. Looking over her shoulder at Gilgamesh, she shot him a hateful expression before finally collapsing to the ground as her body began to fade away leaving only the ruined basement behind her.

@Gibbons @Crimson Spartan @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @Mighty Roman
Donny and Lon'qu had glanced back at her words as he spoke suprising them both. Now neither of them didn't know who to trust as Gilgamesh spoke up.
Gilgamesh smirked, wasting no time re-activating the Gates to return all of the weapons to the Gates of Babylon. As he did so he laughed claiming "It figures, just as she dies she tries to deflect responsibility for her crimes. Like a true witch! She lives to her name well". Then turning to face Donny and Lonqu he asked "Is he alright?" as he summoned a staff of healing out from the Gates of Babylon and approached the duo.

Both had just started the stairs back up when Gilgamesh said something. "Naw he ain't. Took a hit fer me cause I didn't see it in time. Why can that thing ya got help....?" Donny asked while Lon'qu remained silent. He stared at the ground with Donny holding him up. I just the realization that he almost didn't keep his vow to Saber was setting in since he almost died there.

"Tch! Like I can just leave you guys behind! I still need to pay you back for saving me from those soldiers from before!" Hamazura said, staying put reluctantly, "If there's one thing I can say about fighting Mugino though... she may be ungodly strong, hell, her title of being the fourth strongest in Academy City is probably an understatement now, but if you play some keepaway with her, that might do the trick. I've beaten her before with just my wits, I'll say that much, but that was likely just a complete fluke back then. With Mugino like this... who knows what's going on in that damned mind of hers?!"

Meanwhile, with superhuman movements and a reaction speed likely surpassing supersonic, the woman managed to deftly evade the waves of fire, appearing several meters behind where she once was. Wasn't the first time dodging an explosion at her face in any case.

Gathering her bearings, Shizuri Mugino would narrow her eyes as the shape of the green ball of energy in her hand would shift a little.

"My turn."

tumblr_nvtzaq3hKn1u1wxpxo3_500.gif

With that, she would fire her own wave of destructive energy. Demonstrating her infamous "Meltdowner" ability, the ball of energy would shoot at Orpheus in the form of several energy beams with the intent of destroying it. But they were more than just mere energy beams.

She called this technique Silicon Burn. A beam that split into smaller beams to cover more area. Self-explanatory and simple in execution, but effective and trusty.

Meltdowner is an ability that allows her to convert electrons into unstable destructive matter that is said to be in a state between particles and waves. With that, it was more than just a laser that affected the surface. It was an ability that could cause destruction on the subatomic level, even for material stronger than steel with relative ease.

"So that's your power? Summoning other things to fight for you? C'mon, show me more! Show me more of your stuff!" Mugino exclaimed, continuing to walk towards you all, grinning excitedly.

@The Tactician
m1aKejLMwS2S4bYsesgFgQ66pVCPY7azn22s-K5SyQ8

Oh shit.

Not wanting to risk the mental damage he suspected the beams would cause, he quickly dispelled Orpheus before leaping back to dodge the beams. As the attack slammed into a brick wall, he gulped as the wall began breaking apart and erupting at the subatomic level. Could that happen to his mind if Orpheus or any of his Personas were hit? He didn't want to find out. New plan, summon Thanatos, now!

"God of Death, answer my call! Bring sweet relief to the death of all!"

large.jpg

A horrifying roar filled the street they found themselves on. Behind Minato, a masked figure hovered just above the ground, a butcher knife-like sword in his hands and seven tombs levitating around it. Its mouth was opened into a harbinger's cry, each note a sign of what would soon pass.

"No mercy, Thanatos! Crush and hack apart!" Minato screamed, and the roar died in instant before its wielder disappeared in a blur of motion. If this was to be a game of speed, then the teen would make sure he won or at least kept their foe back. A moment after it disappeared, the beast reappeared behind Mugino, its chopper aimed for her neck.

If she wanted high speed, then she would get high speed.

tumblr_inline_nifrglN9qw1sfvecc.png

At the same time, Robin watched with a precise eye, waiting for the perfect moment to land a strike. Once her attention was taken entirely by Thanatos, he would lunge in, aiming his rusty pipe for Mugino's side in a hope of piercing her skin.​

Gilgamesh nodded replying "This is a healing staff, it should do the trick" before holding it over Lonqu and using it to apply some healing magic, although limited due to their limited mana supply from the Murder Games.

The healing staff was enough to allow Lon'qu to recover enough in order to stand and move on his own.

latest

"My thanks....Now lets get out of here..."Lon'qu spoke to Gilgamesh thanking him for the healing. Any damage left could be fixed with simple bandages but he'd worry of that later.

"Yeah...I don't like it here none...I'll just git my lance and move on..." Donny spoke going to get his lance which had somehow survived all of this. He grabbed it and with Lon'qu they headed upstairs to with the intention of getting out of said basement.

m1aKejLMwS2S4bYsesgFgQ66pVCPY7azn22s-K5SyQ8

Oh shit.

Not wanting to risk the mental damage he suspected the beams would cause, he quickly dispelled Orpheus before leaping back to dodge the beams. As the attack slammed into a brick wall, he gulped as the wall began breaking apart and erupting at the subatomic level. Could that happen to his mind if Orpheus or any of his Personas were hit? He didn't want to find out. New plan, summon Thanatos, now!

"God of Death, answer my call! Bring sweet relief to the death of all!"

large.jpg

A horrifying roar filled the street they found themselves on. Behind Minato, a masked figure hovered just above the ground, a butcher knife-like sword in his hands and seven tombs levitating around it. Its mouth was opened into a harbinger's cry, each note a sign of what would soon pass.

"No mercy, Thanatos! Crush and hack apart!" Minato screamed, and the roar died in instant before its wielder disappeared in a blur of motion. If this was to be a game of speed, then the teen would make sure he won or at least kept their foe back. A moment after it disappeared, the beast reappeared behind Mugino, its chopper aimed for her neck.

If she wanted high speed, then she would get high speed.

tumblr_inline_nifrglN9qw1sfvecc.png

At the same time, Robin watched with a precise eye, waiting for the perfect moment to land a strike. Once her attention was taken entirely by Thanatos, he would lunge in, aiming his rusty pipe for Mugino's side in a hope of piercing her skin.​
"Tch!"

With a click of her tongue, Mugino would barely be able to react just in time to duck under the attack and dash away from Thanatos, though not without a small cut on her cheek in her attempt to dodge.

Q77biDN.gif

"What a pain... You're annoying. Have to erase you. You're in the way. Your powers are nothing like I've seen before... If I didn't know better, I'd say you are not an Esper... but maybe at this point, it doesn't matter. If you're gonna keep Takitsubo away from me even though you've only heard one side, you'll just have to be wiped from existence," Mugino growled, more green balls of energy appearing before her. It seemed like she was done playing games already. With her goal, that is, Takitsubo and perhaps even Hamazura as well, so close to her, she was becoming somewhat anxious to win.

"Aww, hell..." Hamazura gulped nervously, backing away some more while carrying the almost inanimate Takitsubo, prompting Illya to quietly do the same as well in the meantime, "I think it's high time we hightail it outta here. Fighting her head on like this in an open space... Minato was his name? I dunno how strong he exactly is, but anything short of the seven Level 5s couldn't have a chance, right?"

Aside from the #3 Level 5, also known as one certain Mikoto Misaka, being labeled a Level 5 was not just synonymous for being called "really strong," but "really insane" as well. Mugino herself, as well as the #2 and #1, Teitoku Kakine and the Accelerator, could be labeled as more sadistic in this regard as well, compared to the #5 and #7, Misaki Shokuhou and Gunha Sogiita, who were just plain mentally unbalanced in a different, yet not inherently dangerous, respect.

"With that kind of firepower, even if we were to be able to outrun her somehow, it'd likely be useless either way," Illya commented in response, trying her best to remain calm even in a situation like this, "Unless you have another luck where you'll be able to actively make use of that luck that you said came in handy earlier?"

"Uh... well... maybe?"

The point being made here was that things were about to get serious, at least from Mugino's point of view. And when she got serious, the whole world would have to stop for her. To compare her to a video game player, Mugino would not be able to stand it if she could not get 100% accuracy, even if she managed to win in the end.

So therefore, all she needed to do was just make sure she got the high score either way.

ZKbLXUq.gif

"YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME WITH SOMETHING LIKE THAT? I'LL MELT IT ALL DOWN! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO THE HELL YOU'RE FUCKING WITH?!" Mugino exclaimed, before proceeding to fire two energy beams at Thanatos, before quickly glancing at Minato with an expression of hatred, firing her other two beams straight at him! "BUT DON'T THINK I'LL LET YOU GET AWAY WITH SUCH A SCRATCH! I'LL MAKE SURE TO PAY YOU BACK IN FULL, FUCKING BRAT!"

In other words than "high score," it just meant that to compensate for messing up, even only slightly, she would simply dedicate herself to achieving her goal in the most effective way possible. By any means necessary.

@The Tactician

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
"Tch!"

With a click of her tongue, Mugino would barely be able to react just in time to duck under the attack and dash away from Thanatos, though not without a small cut on her cheek in her attempt to dodge.

Q77biDN.gif

"What a pain... You're annoying. Have to erase you. You're in the way. Your powers are nothing like I've seen before... If I didn't know better, I'd say you are not an Esper... but maybe at this point, it doesn't matter. If you're gonna keep Takitsubo away from me even though you've only heard one side, you'll just have to be wiped from existence," Mugino growled, more green balls of energy appearing before her. It seemed like she was done playing games already. With her goal, that is, Takitsubo and perhaps even Hamazura as well, so close to her, she was becoming somewhat anxious to win.

"Aww, hell..." Hamazura gulped nervously, backing away some more while carrying the almost inanimate Takitsubo, prompting Illya to quietly do the same as well in the meantime, "I think it's high time we hightail it outta here. Fighting her head on like this in an open space... Minato was his name? I dunno how strong he exactly is, but anything short of the seven Level 5s couldn't have a chance, right?"

Aside from the #3 Level 5, also known as one certain Mikoto Misaka, being labeled a Level 5 was not just synonymous for being called "really strong," but "really insane" as well. Mugino herself, as well as the #2 and #1, Teitoku Kakine and the Accelerator, could be labeled as more sadistic in this regard as well, compared to the #5 and #7, Misaki Shokuhou and Gunha Sogiita, who were just plain mentally unbalanced in a different, yet not inherently dangerous, respect.

"With that kind of firepower, even if we were to be able to outrun her somehow, it'd likely be useless either way," Illya commented in response, trying her best to remain calm even in a situation like this, "Unless you have another luck where you'll be able to actively make use of that luck that you said came in handy earlier?"

"Uh... well... maybe?"

The point being made here was that things were about to get serious, at least from Mugino's point of view. And when she got serious, the whole world would have to stop for her. To compare her to a video game player, Mugino would not be able to stand it if she could not get 100% accuracy, even if she managed to win in the end.

So therefore, all she needed to do was just make sure she got the high score either way.

ZKbLXUq.gif

"YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME WITH SOMETHING LIKE THAT? I'LL MELT IT ALL DOWN! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO THE HELL YOU'RE FUCKING WITH?!" Mugino exclaimed, before proceeding to fire two energy beams at Thanatos, before quickly glancing at Minato with an expression of hatred, firing her other two beams straight at him! "BUT DON'T THINK I'LL LET YOU GET AWAY WITH SUCH A SCRATCH! I'LL MAKE SURE TO PAY YOU BACK IN FULL, FUCKING BRAT!"

In other words than "high score," it just meant that to compensate for messing up, even only slightly, she would simply dedicate herself to achieving her goal in the most effective way possible. By any means necessary.

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_n1o02p2Fp81qhaskl.png

"For the love... Someone come up with an idea already!" Minato yelled in outrage before rolling to the side of the beams aimed at him, thankfully dodging any real pain. However, Thanatos was not so lucky as a beam caught the inside of his left elbow. As a flash of a pained grimace crossed the boy's face, the beast's arm evaporated as the destructive force took root, causing it to howl in agony and rage. The mental fire that burned within him was wild and damaging, but he managed to calm it and Thanatos along with it in a moment of concentration.

Though his Persona's arm soon regenerated and it went back on the assault, slashing and grabbing at the woman, Minato couldn't help but second guess himself. How long could he really keep this up?

tumblr_inline_nifsgamkrP1sfvecc.jpg

"Mister Hamazura, I suggest you think quickly. It seems Minato is having trouble now and I doubt we can last long without him..." Robin muttered as he took careful aim with his pistol. Making sure neither man nor Persona were in his sights, he fired off a few rounds at Mugino, trying to catch her off-guard, "Perhaps we should cut her off from us somehow?"

John nodded in understanding. "Got it", he said, though whether he would follow through on this was a question. He wasn't going to kill anyone else, not if he could help it, so there was that. He patiently waited to se what would happen now.

@Verite
01a.png

"LET THE PURIFICATION COMMENCE THEN!"

With that, the entire dojo would begin to disappear and fade away, along with Fujimura herself, like they were all some sort of mirage or imaginary dream. It had all shattered like glass hitting the floor, or perhaps more like a puzzle disassembling by itself rapidly.

Either way, in the end, the only thing that remained was John, standing in the center of the black nothingness. Where was this now? The recesses of his mind? The protected surface of Rin's consciousness? Who could tell?

Still, whatever the case, in this mysterious realm, you felt... different.

0pPKHRq.png

A mighty wind, or something to that degree, would blow through out of nowhere. An imaginary wind with no source. One could say it really did feel rejuvenating. Whatever this purification process exactly entailed, it seemed to be effective.

John was no longer compelled to kill and act as one of the designated Traitors. He was free from his burdens, like weights lifted off his shoulder. Like a breath of fresh air.

Now, his every action in the future would be of his own accord.

By the time John would come to again, he would find himself back in the Church, faced by Rin.

01a.png

"Ah, you're back. Feel alright? No weird headaches or anything, right?" She asked, taking a small breath while also resting a hand on her hip, "I hadn't really tested out the spell before, but it seemed effective enough, right? Go on then, why don't you share your results with everyone or something now?"

@Wedge Antilles @Everyone

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Poe Dameron
"... Huh?"

XVWfWSS.png

Blinking, it took the young girl several seconds to come to terms with the fact that she'd knocked someone's head off. She stared wide-eyed at the blank space above their neck, emitting a soft gasp at what she was seeing. She fumbled backward and reached for the table, but found herself just bumping against it, knocking it over and spilling the second orb on to the ground. With a defeated sigh, the electromaster fell down to the ground, electricity sparking around her. She now recognized this as the girl who'd just been outside the mansion. Misaka had killed her, and now Misaka Mikoto was no better than the murderers of this game.

She dropped her head into her hands, cradling it in her woe. She held this position and considered her options moving forward, not moving until she heard movement from in front of her. Lifting her head then, Misaka saw the headless body hastily moving to reattach the head that had just been knocked to the ground. Perhaps on instinct, Misaka reached out a sparkling hand toward Celty, but she stopped herself when she realized how hastiness had put her in this position in the first place. There were walking, talking, animated skeletons wandering around. Was someone without a head really that weird compared to them?

The woman before her tapped hastily on a cellular phone before shoving it in Misaka's face. The young girl's face fell at what she read, prompting her to look up at Celty. It was weird to think no head existed within that helmet. "I'm... sorry." She stood then and smoothed down her skirt with her hands, allowing herself a moment to get composed. When Celty presented a second pair of orbs, Misaka absently nodded her head. "I see a theme here," she murmured, holding out her hands to pull the fallen orbs toward her with electricity. She held them up in the air for Celty to see with a smile she hoped was apologetic.

"I, uh... again, I'm really sorry. Can we just, um..." With a small nervous laugh, the young girl's cheeks started to flush. "Let's just forget that happened. Come on, there's probably a place to put these orbs, or even some more hanging around. You can lead the way, if you want."

@OrlandoBloomers
tumblr_inline_mn482fKgol1qj4xeu.png

The girl's reaction to the misunderstanding was more than enough to make Celty feel a little bad in and of itself, and the apology certainly gave her a boost in that regard. The dullahan had been so frantic over her helmet being knocked off that she'd forgotten all about the impact accidentally removing someone's head might've had on a teenager, but a visual reminder helped put her back in her place. After a few moments of her customary unnerving silence, Celty reached out a hand to gingerly pat Misaka on the shoulder.

[ Don't worry about it. I shouldn't have crept up on you like that anyway. I would've said something before I got close, but... ]

She offered a meek shrug, throwing both hands up expressively.

At Misaka's offer of deferring leadership to her, however, Celty bristled, waving her hands frantically for a few moments before she started typing again.

[ Me? Lead the way? Are you kidding?! This place is scary! ( ゚ ▽ ゚ ;) ]

Maybe a dullahan being fearful of the supernatural was a little odd, but the thought didn't seem to occur to Celty.

[ Let's go together. Safer that way. ]

"Ooooh..." Suddenly Celty would find Kizaru leaning overhead towards the orbs. "Such nice looking orbs...They'll probably fit in the sockets I found next to that scary door down in the basement...You would think they'd keep those things close by...because running around sure is a pain..."
At Kizaru's sudden appearance, Celty's first reaction was pretty much what you'd expect.

LN96pPQ.gif

Once she got over her initial shock, however, she settled down considerably, miming wiping a sweat away from her forehead as her shoulders slumped and she held up her phone once more.

[ Great. Sounds promising. ]

e9b28d1cd07a29698bfff519edb7fca01a399923_hq.gif

With the picture portion of their scary ghost house tour done for now, Ryuko simply turned on her heel with a smile. "Do show me the picture in a bit after all this and maybe we'll get the chance to take some more later. Actually, you know what? To hell with maybe, we'll definitely get some cool pictures later! I'd like that." She called over her shoulder. But for now, there was an mostly empty ghost house that beckoned. She noticed out of the corner of her eye that Kizaru had skulked out of the basement and went right up the other set of stairs with hardly a look. "Welp there goes my idea. Upstairs is crowded nuff as it is. Guess I've got this floor with ya. You and me, Max!" She leaned her head to the side, giving the place an unsure glance before shrugging, strolling onwards.

A few steps into the kitchen, her sneakers came to a grinding halt as she just looked around to see if there were any hints of spectral shit or whatever. Though you had to be a pretty damn special kind of ghost to get saddled with that job. She flicked the fridge absently. "Oh look at me and beware my presence! I am the phantom of the kitchen, devoted to haunting your Spaghetti-O's!" She mocked, leaning against the counter with a snicker. Her laughter died out not long after her words did, her attempt to make light of the situation lost in the wind. "Man. Never thought I'd say it but even Mikisugi's lectures are more lively than this."

With a sigh, she continued on past the kitchen to check out the utility room.

@OrlandoBloomers @Krieg

There wasn't a whole lot to say about Ryuko's walk through the kitchen, really. There were some spooky shadows and whatnot. Once, while leaning against the counter, she thought she saw an expired Twinkie. Good grief. How terrifying. In the center of the room there was a table, nearly identical to the one Misaka had found upstairs, though that was unbeknownst to her. It was, however, empty, Celty having retrieved the orbs from this room earlier.

The utility room, however, was more interesting-- this also had a small, ornate table installed in the room's center, and it seemed this one still bore its fruits. A pedestal on the left of the surface held a smooth orb displaying a picture of a peaceful, animal habitat, deers, foxes and nature's other creatures basking together in harmony. In contrast, the orb on the right revealed the image of a dead, husky landscape, the plants withered in the ground and all signs of animal life dead and decayed.

There seemed to be nothing else of note in the room.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @C.T.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: C.T.
tumblr_inline_mn482fKgol1qj4xeu.png

The girl's reaction to the misunderstanding was more than enough to make Celty feel a little bad in and of itself, and the apology certainly gave her a boost in that regard. The dullahan had been so frantic over her helmet being knocked off that she'd forgotten all about the impact accidentally removing someone's head might've had on a teenager, but a visual reminder helped put her back in her place. After a few moments of her customary unnerving silence, Celty reached out a hand to gingerly pat Misaka on the shoulder.

[ Don't worry about it. I shouldn't have crept up on you like that anyway. I would've said something before I got close, but... ]

She offered a meek shrug, throwing both hands up expressively.

At Misaka's offer of deferring leadership to her, however, Celty bristled, waving her hands frantically for a few moments before she started typing again.

[ Me? Lead the way? Are you kidding?! This place is scary! ( ゚ ▽ ゚ ;) ]

Maybe a dullahan being fearful of the supernatural was a little odd, but the thought didn't seem to occur to Celty.

[ Let's go together. Safer that way. ]

At Kizaru's sudden appearance, Celty's first reaction was pretty much what you'd expect.

LN96pPQ.gif

Once she got over her initial shock, however, she settled down considerably, miming wiping a sweat away from her forehead as her shoulders slumped and she held up her phone once more.

[ Great. Sounds promising. ]

There wasn't a whole lot to say about Ryuko's walk through the kitchen, really. There were some spooky shadows and whatnot. Once, while leaning against the counter, she thought she saw an expired Twinkie. Good grief. How terrifying. In the center of the room there was a table, nearly identical to the one Misaka had found upstairs, though that was unbeknownst to her. It was, however, empty, Celty having retrieved the orbs from this room earlier.

The utility room, however, was more interesting-- this also had a small, ornate table installed in the room's center, and it seemed this one still bore its fruits. A pedestal on the left of the surface held a smooth orb displaying a picture of a peaceful, animal habitat, deers, foxes and nature's other creatures basking together in harmony. In contrast, the orb on the right revealed the image of a dead, husky landscape, the plants withered in the ground and all signs of animal life dead and decayed.

There seemed to be nothing else of note in the room.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @C.T.

Kizaru looked nonplussed as the leg went harmlessly through him. "If the little miss will care to join me..." He turned around and started to head back towards the basement with hopefully Celty and Misaka with him.

01ar.png

"LET THE PURIFICATION COMMENCE THEN!"

With that, the entire dojo would begin to disappear and fade away, along with Fujimura herself, like they were all some sort of mirage or imaginary dream. It had all shattered like glass hitting the floor, or perhaps more like a puzzle disassembling by itself rapidly.

Either way, in the end, the only thing that remained was John, standing in the center of the black nothingness. Where was this now? The recesses of his mind? The protected surface of Rin's consciousness? Who could tell?

Still, whatever the case, in this mysterious realm, you felt... different.

0pPKHRq.png

A mighty wind, or something to that degree, would blow through out of nowhere. An imaginary wind with no source. One could say it really did feel rejuvenating. Whatever this purification process exactly entailed, it seemed to be effective.

John was no longer compelled to kill and act as one of the designated Traitors. He was free from his burdens, like weights lifted off his shoulder. Like a breath of fresh air.

Now, his every action in the future would be of his own accord.

By the time John would come to again, he would find himself back in the Church, faced by Rin.

01ae.png

"Ah, you're back. Feel alright? No weird headaches or anything, right?" She asked, taking a small breath while also resting a hand on her hip, "I hadn't really tested out the spell before, but it seemed effective enough, right? Go on then, why don't you share your results with everyone or something now?"

@Wedge Antilles @Everyone

John felt relieved... not that he was among everyone again, or only partially. But the burden of having to carry out the tasks of the traitors was released from him, that was what let him relax. If the others might still judge him harshly for killing, so be it. But as he was instructed, he wouldn't kill anyone else unless truly warranted or threatened with death himself.

Not knowing who to address, of what to say really, he just stood there.

"Hey."

@everyone

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mari
Status
Not open for further replies.