Status
Not open for further replies.

The fact that Kinuhata made the promise managed to make Ryan's smile return again, and the little child felt much more sure that she'd see her friend again after it. As long as both of them were okay.. The possibility was always there. At least, it was in the girl's mind. Silently, she swore to herself that she would do everything in her power to find a way to see not only Kinuhata, but all of her other friends she had made here again. Maybe she couldn't make it happen, after all... But she would darn well do everything she could to try.

As Kinuhata continued on to say that it'd be nice to meet Ryan's family, the girl just kept smiling. it looked like the world really couldn't keep her down for too long, after all. "I think you'd like them. They can be a bit odd.. But they're nice, too," she explained. If she hadn't already cheered up, she certainly did when Kinuhata said she'd introduce her to her friends, too. "I'd love that," she chimed, sincerely and enthusiastically. Ryan nodded slightly when Kinuhata introduced her to Hamazura, and she turned her smile to the man.

"Hi, Zura," she greeted, cheerfully. Yup. More nicknames. She was a little confused as to why Kinuhata had referred to him as Villager A, but she figured it must've been some joke, or something, right? Or maybe it wasn't... Well, ought to play it safe. "...Or, Villager, if that's what you prefer." Poor kid. She did look confused at the mention of the bunny costume. "..Why would he try to put a bunny costume on me, Kinu?" Yeah... Poor kid.

But, in the end, she still smiled, happy that Kinuhata had offered to stand up for her if anybody bothered her. "You don't have to worry, either. I won't forget you.. And I don't think anybody'll be bothering me. Even if they do, I'll be alright. I'll just have to kill it with kindness." Ugh. She was too much sometimes.

Slowly, the girl looked around, sighing softly.. But still managing a small smile.

tumblr_inline_nf3ddgvo9z1t1fn0p.gif

"I'm going to miss you.. And this place."​

Well, thinking about it again, Kinuhata couldn't really be the authority on "weird families." It wasn't like ITEM would always leave the best impression on people. As she thought that, Ryan offered to call Hamazura "Villager."

"Pfft." Kinuhata tried to stifle her laughter. It was supposed to be a joke that made Hamazura a background character who didn't mean anything, ergo Villager A. But in the end, Hamazura ended up eating more flak than she'd intended. Perfect.

"Super call him Villager. He'll super love it," she lied. "Oh, and you don't need to super worry about that bunny suit. Takitsubo has you super covered."

Of course, her offer was somewhat rejected. Ryan as she was now would try to "kill it with kindness" to the end. Kinuhata would probably never develop that mindset, but, well...

It was super Ryan-y.

kinuhata01.png

"...I'll super miss you too."

Kinuhata reached over to give her friend another hug, capes fluttering in the cool Russian winds. It was good-bye, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Just meeting each other and becoming friends had surely changed something for both of them. Whatever it was may be hard to pinpoint, but that was fine.

@Hospes @Verite
"You really like influencing the minds of impressionable, innocent girls against me. Don't you, Kinuhata?" Hamazura grumbled upon being called Villager.

Still, he stayed silent when Kinuhata, Ryan, and Ilona would have their moment. He at least had that much tact, after all. Why were there so many little girls around in Russia again? Meh, he'll just ask for more details when he'd come home with Kinuhata and Takitsubo. No big deal, right? Right, right...

When they would finish exchanging their goodbyes, the young man would look down at Kinuhata, putting his hands on his sides. "Alright, uh... Ready to go home, then? You better not be lying about Mugino being good again. I don't think I've had a good night's sleep after being attacked so viciously by multiple Level 5s in one day."

"Ah, so you were the guy who picked a fight with Accelerator!"

"Don't talk to me."

"Zzzzz..."

@Kaykay

Misaka could hardly believe it was over. She had imagined saving the universe would feel different once it was all over, but it just felt... normal. s everyone around her celebrated and said their goodbyes, it all felt incredibly normal. Whatever were the plans of those two men, they'd been stopped for now, proving that no amount of power was unstoppable. She would just have to remember that for when she returned to her own timeline to stop Accelerator and the project.

Speaking of which... "H-Hey... Hey!" Misaka waved down Touma, trying to get his attention in the crowd. Once she'd gotten it, she moved around the others so she could stand face-to-face with the level 0.

SOKdihN.png

"I'm glad you're okay," she said with sincerity. A small smile graced her face and Misaka gazed off to the side for a moment. "Kind of... got worried back there. N-Not that I was really holding my breath or anything! Ahahaha!" Misaka forced a laugh, trying to cover up her reddening face. Her brown eyes gazed back to Touma, her mouth opening as if she was about to say more. "..." Closing her eyes, the young girl shook her head before she could find her voice. "I guess this is kind of a weird goodbye. I'm gonna see you soon... and you'll see me, but it won't really be us, will it?"
tmi100.png

"Oh, you're being nice to me. I'm not used to that," Touma said with a blink, as though surprised by this turn of events. And then he gave a small laugh at his own bad joke, before smiling back at Misaka.

tkr79.png

"But you really couldn't be anyone other than Biri Biri."

"Yeah, I guess we really will see each other soon. Remember! Homemade cookies! I... or, well, he'll be able to tell, so don't try to fool him! Okay, Misaka? It's the least he deserves for going up against the strongest Esper in Academy City!"

Pride and rewards wasn't something Touma often went for, but hey, even he was human too.

@Atomyk

A wide smile spread over his face at that. "That's great!' He nodded again after considering it for a few moments. "Yeah, moving to London sounds pretty fun, and I'm sure your sister would welcome the change."

@Verite
"Alright, then. It's settled," Rin said, stretching her arms, and bolting out of her seat, "Time to get ready then! No time to waste!" The girl spoke energetically, beginning to march right towards her room, "I'll need to pack a lot of stuff. Make use of the flying money... Oh, that's right. People call them "checks" these days... And then maybe I'll give Emiya a call... And then I'll need to call to book a dormitory or maybe an apartment in advance... and then I gotta call..." She talked, beginning to ramble and mumble to herself, laying out what she intended to do.

In this world, all was right again.

And perhaps that was all that mattered.

@BarrenThin

While Reece was deep in thought so was Gilgamesh, though admittedly to a lesser extent. Years of planning Gilgamesh had done with Kotomine, planning on using the Holy Grail in the next war dashed away. It seemed Kotomine had his own intentions the entire time. So now Gilgamesh was back at square one, with nothing to truly work towards. But the Murder Games gave him something in that regard, it was a Game he despised yet it was now connected to the Grail War, and it possessed a unique power to it even stronger than the Grail. If Gilgamesh could follow this, he might uncover something he can use to restart his original plans while getting rid of the Murder Games as well.

He had time later to think on this however, for now he knew this could be the last time he saw many of the people here. It was best to make proper goodbyes when he could. The goodbyes wouldn't be heartfelt, unless if someone felt like being chained by Enkidu and impaled by Ea like Iskander was, but they would be proper none the less.

However, Reece's recent warning humored him, to which he responded both teasingly and curious "Oh? Resurrection? Last you told me such a school of healing was what Ryan did. Weren't you all about reading people?".

Though when she began questioning him on what exactly he planned to do he responded "I'd know what I'm heading into ahead of time. Not just that it's the murder games, but specifics. Who? Where? Why? They would want to catch me by surprise, but instead I'll catch them". Then a Gate of Babylon appearing behind him "And I still had this the entire game, not as many perhaps. But more than enough for the likes children like Fiamma could throw at me".

@Hospes

Though the Gate being up did remind him of something. Gilgamesh suddenly shouted out "Stubbs!" before summoning a pack of smokes, and a hat of similar make to the one Saber shredded. "Take these with you. And don't let some failure of a King tear it up next time".

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

The question posed to her by Gilgamesh... Actually made Reece laugh. It was brief, but it was still nice. Slowly she shook her head, smiling faintly. "Ryan is nowhere near being ready for such Casts. Her abilities have hardly developed, and she has yet to be able to even perform simple, small Casts. Even ever present things, such as telekinesis, or conjuration," she explained with amusement. "But, you are correct. Healing is her 'school', as you say, and reading others is mine.. As I can now demonstrate. But, when you possess the mastery and knowledge of Casting like I do..." Oh, boy. She was bragging again. "...Anything is possible." She failed to realize it, but she was still grinning faintly.

Especially with the Book of Stars within reach.

After a moment, the Caster's expression became more serious. "However, resurrection is a dangerous thing to perform. All magic comes at a price.. And the price for that particular spell is one of the most dire of them all," she added, solemnly.

"..But regardless, my point is that if you venture into trouble, I most definitely won't be the one to save you," she concluded. Yeah.. Stubborn and sassy 'til the bitter end, that one was.

As Gilgamesh gave his rebuttal, the Sybil just pinched the bridge of her nose quietly. Did their bickering ever end? It was like Teresa and Joshua 2.0. "I see your point, but I have to argue respectfully disagree. You didn't know who was hosting this, or who was going to be brought in, or even why it was happening. How do you expect you'll know those things next time? Or that the enemy may be stronger than Flamma? Or, worse yet - that you won't somehow be forced into being a traitor?"

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
"You really like influencing the minds of impressionable, innocent girls against me. Don't you, Kinuhata?" Hamazura grumbled upon being called Villager.

Still, he stayed silent when Kinuhata, Ryan, and Ilona would have their moment. He at least had that much tact, after all. Why were there so many little girls around in Russia again? Meh, he'll just ask for more details when he'd come home with Kinuhata and Takitsubo. No big deal, right? Right, right...

When they would finish exchanging their goodbyes, the young man would look down at Kinuhata, putting his hands on his sides. "Alright, uh... Ready to go home, then? You better not be lying about Mugino being good again. I don't think I've had a good night's sleep after being attacked so viciously by multiple Level 5s in one day."

"Ah, so you were the guy who picked a fight with Accelerator!"

"Don't talk to me."

"Zzzzz..."

@Kaykay
Epilogue Part One: Goodbye Is Not Always Permanent

Even though she had seen it coming, Ryan was extremely disappointed to have her prediction confirmed. She hugged Ilona a little tighter, as though a final plea for the other girl to stay longer, before reluctantly letting go of her and pulling back. "Yeah.. I figured," she admitted, shuffling her feet slightly. The one nice thing about never having made a friend before was that there was no being left behind by friends, like she was having to experience, now. But at the same time... Ryan realized she rather would've made friends and had to part with them than not make them at all.

And then, Ryan was reminded how glad she was to have made these friends when Ilona spoke of how good of a friend she'd been and offered her a flower. The child, even with as sad as she was to be parting, smiled widely at her friend, gladly accepting the flower. "Thank you, Lona.. You've been an amazing friend, too. And I'm so glad to have met--.." Before she could finish the sentence, her friend, Princess Ilona of Arendelle, had vanished into thin air. It happened so suddenly that, at first, Ryan almost panicked. She was used to teleportation.. But it was of a much different nature. It was loud and obvious, and you always saw it coming. But this... This was too sudden and silent, to Ryan. At least, until she recalled Ilona having mentioned her ability, and she felt relief that her friend hadn't been hurt or taken, in any case.

But even then... Ryan wanted to cry.

After taking a deep, shuddering breath, Ryan managed to hold back from doing so, slowly turning to face Kinuhata again.. Tucking the flower that Ilona had given her before vanishing behind her ear as she did so. She wasn't entirely sure why Kinuhata had been stifling laughter at her question of if Hamazura wished to be called Villager or not, but she took the other girl seriously when she said her friend would like that, it seemed. "Okay, Villager it is," she affirmed, forcing a smile back onto her face. After all... If this really was their goodbye, Ryan didn't want to be remembered as some kid that was crying and weak about departing. No, she wanted Kinuhata and the others to remember her smile. So, as such, she needed to be smiling for their last moments together.

But, hey.. Who knew? Maybe these wouldn't be their final moments together, after all. Maybe there would be a way to see each other again, someday..

tumblr_inline_nf3dyeNUdq1t1fn0p.gif

Hearing Kinuhata return the phrase, even with how simple it was, somehow made Ryan feel just a bit better about the situation. Even if they didn't see each other again, just knowing that she'd been good enough of a friend to be missed was... Nice. Though, Ryan hoped that Kinuhata wouldn't miss her too much. She didn't want to be a bother, after all...

...Any worries that she might worry Kinuhata were rather abruptly swept away, though, when the other girl hugged her. The younger of the pair smiled, not hesitating in the slightest to hug her friend right back tightly. It was like her trouble was swept away by the cool winds that pulled at their matching capes, no longer eating her away. She only wished that she didn't have to let go.. But all good things must come to an end, as the saying went. Even Ryan was aware of that.

@Kaykay @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Hm? Did you super say something, Villager?"

Yes, she did.

Eventually, Kinuhata had to let go. Ryan understood. The other child probably had her own places to be, and her own life to live as well. Just hopefully it wouldn't resemble Kinuhata's own all too much.

"Yeah, super ready, Hamazura. And if I just wanted to get you killed, I'd super do it myself. Now do the only thing you're super good for and get us a ride. ...Or does that portal super work for us, too? With your super luck, I guess that might be the case." No rest for the poor, tired Level 0, it seemed.

Then someone else chimed in. "He really is super stupid, isn't he?" She didn't know why he'd chosen to fight the Accelerator, but it was probably a good reason. Not that she'd acknowledge it.

Takitsubo was sleeping, probably, but that was alright. Their slave friendly neighborhood Hamazura could carry her for them. Not like he'd likely mind, though. With the preparations to go home ready, or soon to be ready given Hamazura's skill set, she turned back to Ryan.

Saying the word "Goodbye" felt a little final, and didn't really suit her, so she decided she'd just let that final embrace speak for her instead. Besides, it wasn't like they were passing on to the next life or something. Not like Frenda. It was more like when your friend decides to go to university internationally...yeah. The young esper just raised one hand to her friend and gave a curt wave.

"Super see you around, Ryan."

And...super goodbye.

@Verite @Hospes

Yes, she did.

Eventually, Kinuhata had to let go. Ryan understood. The other child probably had her own places to be, and her own life to live as well. Just hopefully it wouldn't resemble Kinuhata's own all too much.

"Yeah, super ready, Hamazura. And if I just wanted to get you killed, I'd super do it myself. Now do the only thing you're super good for and get us a ride. ...Or does that portal super work for us, too? With your super luck, I guess that might be the case." No rest for the poor, tired Level 0, it seemed.

Then someone else chimed in. "He really is super stupid, isn't he?" She didn't know why he'd chosen to fight the Accelerator, but it was probably a good reason. Not that she'd acknowledge it.

Takitsubo was sleeping, probably, but that was alright. Their slave friendly neighborhood Hamazura could carry her for them. Not like he'd likely mind, though. With the preparations to go home ready, or soon to be ready given Hamazura's skill set, she turned back to Ryan.

Saying the word "Goodbye" felt a little final, and didn't really suit her, so she decided she'd just let that final embrace speak for her instead. Besides, it wasn't like they were passing on to the next life or something. Not like Frenda. It was more like when your friend decides to go to university internationally...yeah. The young esper just raised one hand to her friend and gave a curt wave.

And...super goodbye.

@Verite @Hospes

Epilogue Part Two: Lack Of Closure

Well... This was really it, it seemed. Ryan kept her mouth shut as Kinuhata and Hamazura conversed, not wanting to butt into their conversation. Maybe the little girl liked to talk, but she had good manners. Besides, the two seemed almost like siblings with their bickering, serving to remind Ryan of her own sisters. Ridley and Reece always seemed to be going at it in similar manners, with Ridley teasing, taunting, and mocking Reece, who in turn got annoyed and frustrated. Regardless of the bickering that often came from her two sisters being in the same room together, Ryan suddenly found herself aching to see Ridley again. It'd been so long now, and the girl wanted nothing more than a hug from her Dark sister.

Especially since the hug she'd gotten from Kinuhata was now over.

As Kinuhata finally spoke to her again, Ryan managed to maintain her smile, even though that simple task felt rather difficult. But she was lucky: Kinuhata hadn't said goodbye. 'See you around'.. That was much easier for the ten-year-old to bear than 'goodbye'. It didn't sound so permanent, which rekindled Ryan's determination to find a way to see her friend again. Anything was possible if she set her mind to it, right? Besides.. Maybe the task would be easier than Ryan thought. Maybe Macon or Leah- or even John -could help her. Maybe Ripping allowed travel throughout more than just their own universe, but the multiverse, as well. With that in mind, Ryan gave Kinuhata and Hamazura a small wave of her own.

tumblr_inline_nf3dhnSHKA1t1fn0p.gif

"I'll see you, too, Kinu.. And maybe you, too, Villager," she responded, softly. I promise. I'll find a way..

Not to Ryan's surprise, she found it very difficult to turn away. She didn't want to turn away, but she forced herself to, though it took a good minute. Maybe this wasn't what she wanted.. But it had to be done, whether she liked it or not. With that in mind, she reluctantly trudged away, her smile faltering the moment that her back was to Kinuhata. She'd succeeded in having the last thing her friend would see from her being a smile.. But after she didn't have to worry about that, it was long gone. At least she wasn't crying, though.. Yet, anyways.

But, the child did manage to brighten a little as another thought came to mind. Her feet stopped dragging along the ground as she moved, no longer feeling as though the were being held down by bricks. No, now, they felt light, and the girl broke into a run. Seeing her other friends would cheer her up, right? So, she looked around for said friends, her lips tugging upwards ever-so-slightly. Minato, Frank, Battler, Ryner, Deoxys and more.. Ryan was determined to find so she could give them all at least one last hug goodbye. That would certainly cheer her up. Make these unbearably painful last moments in this place just a little easier to take.

But there was one, simple problem with this... No matter how hard Ryan searched, she couldn't find them. It was like they'd all up and vanished into thin air, just like Ilona... Or, more likely, they'd all run off through those portals. The little blonde felt like her heart strings had just been yanked on hard enough to make them snap, and her shoulders slumped slightly with sadness. She'd missed her chance, and now, all of her friends were gone.

Even though she tried her best to hold them back, tears pricked at her eyes, threatening to spill down her flushed cheeks. The cold wind hitting her skin, tugging at her blonde hair and her blue cape were hardly noticed by her, and the only thing really chilling to her was the heartache. Sadly, the girl headed to where she'd left Reece, wiping her eyes before doing so. She joined her sister where she was with Gilgamesh in silence, oddly quiet for how talkative she tended to be. But, in any case, even if her other friends had left... Gilgamesh was still there. And Reece, too. That was something... Right?

Before she had the chance to speak up, the child felt a familiar sensation. Heard a familiar voice, that nobody around her would here because it was inside of her head.

Is something the matter, Ryan?

Huh. In all of the time here, the child had practically forgotten about Kelting. Both her and Reece must've had that ability taken away by the game like Reece had lost her Sybil abilities, because they hadn't done it at all since before coming here. The little girl hardly cared to think about it, though, and responded rather simply: with a shake of her head in a 'no' motion. Of course, she failed to realize that anyone around her would probably be confused by the motion, since only she had heard the voice. Oops. Not that it really mattered, anyways.. But, apparently, it mattered to her sister.

You shouldn't respond physically or verbally. You should Kelt back. It's good practice, she heard her older sibling chide her in her mind. Ryan only looked at Reece quietly, wearing a blank expression.. But she didn't respond. Just sat there quietly.

@Kaykay @Gen. Gwazi Senpai

Yes, she did.

And...super goodbye.

@Verite @Hospes
"I don't wanna talk about it..." Hamazura grunted concerning his run-in with Accelerator, before sighing as he would pick up Takitsubo again and carry her sleeping form on his back, giving a half-hearted wave to Ryan and Reece, before looking at the portal.

"Well... With my sorta luck, I suppose we may as well find out. If it can bring everyone else back, why not us? Let's go..." Hamazura spoke, stepping into the portal first alongside Takitsubo and disappearing into it.

@Kaykay

"I don't wanna talk about it..." Hamazura grunted concerning his run-in with Accelerator, before sighing as he would pick up Takitsubo again and carry her sleeping form on his back, giving a half-hearted wave to Ryan and Reece, before looking at the portal.

"Well... With my sorta luck, I suppose we may as well find out. If it can bring everyone else back, why not us? Let's go..." Hamazura spoke, stepping into the portal first alongside Takitsubo and disappearing into it.

@Kaykay
It wasn't like she really needed to know anyway. Kinuhata just walked through the portal. Would they get back to Academy City like that?

...Hopefully?

...I never did find that "Sharknado" film. Maybe I'll look it up later.

@Verite

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Verite

The question posed to her by Gilgamesh... Actually made Reece laugh. It was brief, but it was still nice. Slowly she shook her head, smiling faintly. "Ryan is nowhere near being ready for such Casts. Her abilities have hardly developed, and she has yet to be able to even perform simple, small Casts. Even ever present things, such as telekinesis, or conjuration," she explained with amusement. "But, you are correct. Healing is her 'school', as you say, and reading others is mine.. As I can now demonstrate. But, when you possess the mastery and knowledge of Casting like I do..." Oh, boy. She was bragging again. "...Anything is possible." She failed to realize it, but she was still grinning faintly.

Especially with the Book of Stars within reach.

After a moment, the Caster's expression became more serious. "However, resurrection is a dangerous thing to perform. All magic comes at a price.. And the price for that particular spell is one of the most dire of them all," she added, solemnly.

"..But regardless, my point is that if you venture into trouble, I most definitely won't be the one to save you," she concluded. Yeah.. Stubborn and sassy 'til the bitter end, that one was.

As Gilgamesh gave his rebuttal, the Sybil just pinched the bridge of her nose quietly. Did their bickering ever end? It was like Teresa and Joshua 2.0. "I see your point, but I have to argue respectfully disagree. You didn't know who was hosting this, or who was going to be brought in, or even why it was happening. How do you expect you'll know those things next time? Or that the enemy may be stronger than Flamma? Or, worse yet - that you won't somehow be forced into being a traitor?"

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai

Gilgamesh could only really shrug in response before teasing "If you had something like Command Seals it would be more easily done. You should be a Master in the next Holy Grail War. Though, how would you demonstrate your powers now anyways".
Though onto the more serious topic he simply tilted his head back slightly and passively refuted "That is all true, because I didn't know such Games existed. Now I do, so I can learn ahead of time. With how many there have been know there has to be something left behind... In fact I didn't even have to change worlds for this, I was just teleported to the other side of town".
For being a traitor though? The expression on Gilgamesh got a bit more concerned, not much however as he replied "If I were a traitor though, it would be unfortunate. But it has to be someone, at least I'd still have the means to investigate in the meantime".

Not surprisingly he conveniently avoided answering the question as to if the enemy next time would be stronger.
Epilogue Part Two: Lack Of Closure

Well... This was really it, it seemed. Ryan kept her mouth shut as Kinuhata and Hamazura conversed, not wanting to butt into their conversation. Maybe the little girl liked to talk, but she had good manners. Besides, the two seemed almost like siblings with their bickering, serving to remind Ryan of her own sisters. Ridley and Reece always seemed to be going at it in similar manners, with Ridley teasing, taunting, and mocking Reece, who in turn got annoyed and frustrated. Regardless of the bickering that often came from her two sisters being in the same room together, Ryan suddenly found herself aching to see Ridley again. It'd been so long now, and the girl wanted nothing more than a hug from her Dark sister.

Especially since the hug she'd gotten from Kinuhata was now over.

As Kinuhata finally spoke to her again, Ryan managed to maintain her smile, even though that simple task felt rather difficult. But she was lucky: Kinuhata hadn't said goodbye. 'See you around'.. That was much easier for the ten-year-old to bear than 'goodbye'. It didn't sound so permanent, which rekindled Ryan's determination to find a way to see her friend again. Anything was possible if she set her mind to it, right? Besides.. Maybe the task would be easier than Ryan thought. Maybe Macon or Leah- or even John -could help her. Maybe Ripping allowed travel throughout more than just their own universe, but the multiverse, as well. With that in mind, Ryan gave Kinuhata and Hamazura a small wave of her own.

tumblr_inline_nf3dhnSHKA1t1fn0p.gif

"I'll see you, too, Kinu.. And maybe you, too, Villager," she responded, softly. I promise. I'll find a way..

Not to Ryan's surprise, she found it very difficult to turn away. She didn't want to turn away, but she forced herself to, though it took a good minute. Maybe this wasn't what she wanted.. But it had to be done, whether she liked it or not. With that in mind, she reluctantly trudged away, her smile faltering the moment that her back was to Kinuhata. She'd succeeded in having the last thing her friend would see from her being a smile.. But after she didn't have to worry about that, it was long gone. At least she wasn't crying, though.. Yet, anyways.

But, the child did manage to brighten a little as another thought came to mind. Her feet stopped dragging along the ground as she moved, no longer feeling as though the were being held down by bricks. No, now, they felt light, and the girl broke into a run. Seeing her other friends would cheer her up, right? So, she looked around for said friends, her lips tugging upwards ever-so-slightly. Minato, Frank, Battler, Ryner, Deoxys and more.. Ryan was determined to find so she could give them all at least one last hug goodbye. That would certainly cheer her up. Make these unbearably painful last moments in this place just a little easier to take.

But there was one, simple problem with this... No matter how hard Ryan searched, she couldn't find them. It was like they'd all up and vanished into thin air, just like Ilona... Or, more likely, they'd all run off through those portals. The little blonde felt like her heart strings had just been yanked on hard enough to make them snap, and her shoulders slumped slightly with sadness. She'd missed her chance, and now, all of her friends were gone.

Even though she tried her best to hold them back, tears pricked at her eyes, threatening to spill down her flushed cheeks. The cold wind hitting her skin, tugging at her blonde hair and her blue cape were hardly noticed by her, and the only thing really chilling to her was the heartache. Sadly, the girl headed to where she'd left Reece, wiping her eyes before doing so. She joined her sister where she was with Gilgamesh in silence, oddly quiet for how talkative she tended to be. But, in any case, even if her other friends had left... Gilgamesh was still there. And Reece, too. That was something... Right?

Before she had the chance to speak up, the child felt a familiar sensation. Heard a familiar voice, that nobody around her would here because it was inside of her head.

Is something the matter, Ryan?

Huh. In all of the time here, the child had practically forgotten about Kelting. Both her and Reece must've had that ability taken away by the game like Reece had lost her Sybil abilities, because they hadn't done it at all since before coming here. The little girl hardly cared to think about it, though, and responded rather simply: with a shake of her head in a 'no' motion. Of course, she failed to realize that anyone around her would probably be confused by the motion, since only she had heard the voice. Oops. Not that it really mattered, anyways.. But, apparently, it mattered to her sister.

You shouldn't respond physically or verbally. You should Kelt back. It's good practice, she heard her older sibling chide her in her mind. Ryan only looked at Reece quietly, wearing a blank expression.. But she didn't respond. Just sat there quietly.

@Kaykay @Gen. Gwazi Senpai
Well, it seemed that demonstration had just happened, maybe.

The timing of Reece claiming she could read people now, combined with Ryan shaking her head seemingly out of no where?
Yea, it seemed kind of obvious what they were doing, so he asked the two "Enjoying getting back your Telepathy?".
Before then asking Ryan specifically "You're sad the others are gone aren't you? All that means is now it's time to get out there, find new people".

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Gilgamesh could only really shrug in response before teasing "If you had something like Command Seals it would be more easily done. You should be a Master in the next Holy Grail War. Though, how would you demonstrate your powers now anyways".
Though onto the more serious topic he simply tilted his head back slightly and passively refuted "That is all true, because I didn't know such Games existed. Now I do, so I can learn ahead of time. With how many there have been know there has to be something left behind... In fact I didn't even have to change worlds for this, I was just teleported to the other side of town".
For being a traitor though? The expression on Gilgamesh got a bit more concerned, not much however as he replied "If I were a traitor though, it would be unfortunate. But it has to be someone, at least I'd still have the means to investigate in the meantime".

Not surprisingly he conveniently avoided answering the question as to if the enemy next time would be stronger.

Well, it seemed that demonstration had just happened, maybe.

The timing of Reece claiming she could read people now, combined with Ryan shaking her head seemingly out of no where?
Yea, it seemed kind of obvious what they were doing, so he asked the two "Enjoying getting back your Telepathy?".
Before then asking Ryan specifically "You're sad the others are gone aren't you? All that means is now it's time to get out there, find new people".

The suggestion that Reece needed some 'command seal' to Cast only earned an almost offended huff. "I didn't mean it like that. When I say such Casts come at a price, I mean something more than a little exhaustion or feeling drained. I told you of the curse on our family, yes?" she asked, before continuing. "Well, that's the kind of price I'm referring to." As Gilgamesh went on to say that she should be a Master in the Holy Grail War, the Light Caster's nose wrinkled up, and she felt strong aversion to the idea. "As wonderful as that sounds, I think I'll have to kindly decline," she remarked. "As to how I may demonstrate my powers.. I suppose that depends on which power you refer to."

Even as the King of Heroes explained, Reece could only shake her head and click her tongue. "How do you expect to learn about who will be behind the next one, or who will be in it, though? And, as I asked before, what will you do if the one behind it is stronger than Flamma?" she asked. Even though Gilgamesh had ignored her question, she had obviously noticed rather quickly. It didn't look like anything was going to go over the determined young woman's head, at this point.. Not even the slight trace of concern Gilgamesh seemed to gain when she pointed out that he could be a traitor. "I'm surprised. For having shown such distaste for them before, it's rather astonishing that the idea of you becoming one of them doesn't concern you." Yup. Reece was totally baiting him.

Only when Gilgamesh pointed out their telepathy did Ryan seem to realize why Reece was being adamant on her Kelting instead of speaking. Yeah.. That had probably seemed a little weird, now that the ten-year-old thought about it. To a Mortal, anyways. "...Reece is, I think," she responded, her voice coming out surprisingly steady for how upset she felt. But, Gilgamesh pointing out her sadness just made the child shrug, averting her eyes to stare off at absolutely nothing. "I just wanted to get to say goodbye before everyone left.. You know?" There was a long pause, before the child tried to perk up, putting on a smile. "But.. You're right. I bet I'll make more friends."

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai

• Love
The suggestion that Reece needed some 'command seal' to Cast only earned an almost offended huff. "I didn't mean it like that. When I say such Casts come at a price, I mean something more than a little exhaustion or feeling drained. I told you of the curse on our family, yes?" she asked, before continuing. "Well, that's the kind of price I'm referring to." As Gilgamesh went on to say that she should be a Master in the Holy Grail War, the Light Caster's nose wrinkled up, and she felt strong aversion to the idea. "As wonderful as that sounds, I think I'll have to kindly decline," she remarked. "As to how I may demonstrate my powers.. I suppose that depends on which power you refer to."

Even as the King of Heroes explained, Reece could only shake her head and click her tongue. "How do you expect to learn about who will be behind the next one, or who will be in it, though? And, as I asked before, what will you do if the one behind it is stronger than Flamma?" she asked. Even though Gilgamesh had ignored her question, she had obviously noticed rather quickly. It didn't look like anything was going to go over the determined young woman's head, at this point.. Not even the slight trace of concern Gilgamesh seemed to gain when she pointed out that he could be a traitor. "I'm surprised. For having shown such distaste for them before, it's rather astonishing that the idea of you becoming one of them doesn't concern you." Yup. Reece was totally baiting him.

Only when Gilgamesh pointed out their telepathy did Ryan seem to realize why Reece was being adamant on her Kelting instead of speaking. Yeah.. That had probably seemed a little weird, now that the ten-year-old thought about it. To a Mortal, anyways. "...Reece is, I think," she responded, her voice coming out surprisingly steady for how upset she felt. But, Gilgamesh pointing out her sadness just made the child shrug, averting her eyes to stare off at absolutely nothing. "I just wanted to get to say goodbye before everyone left.. You know?" There was a long pause, before the child tried to perk up, putting on a smile. "But.. You're right. I bet I'll make more friends."

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai
Gilgamesh was about to argue Reece's point on curses but then a rather vivid memory came to light, about how he lost his old friend Enkidu to such a Curse. Slowly dissolving into clay in front of Gilgamesh's own eyes... An experience he never wanted to have happen again. Given that he could understand Reece's reluctance and instead attempted to pass it off with a shrug saying "Fine, if such a Curse scares you then let such magic remain untapped". Though with Reece's powers truly back, seeing through that shrug would have been pretty easy to notice.

Trying to change the topic Gilgamesh simply continued to answer her questions as if nothing happened saying "As for showing your powers? That'd be up to you, I only have a small idea of what they are right now any ways. It's not as if you were in a Holy Grail war, where I would have had time to witness it all myself". Though he could only sigh at her next question before stating "I'd likely have little means of knowing who will be summoned next, nor is that likely of much importance. What is of importance is the one's behind it. This one I could have spotted in advance with how the Holy Grail war was acting funny, or with how Kotomine was behaving. And someone who is stronger than Fiamma is still but a child, they would be but an insect".

Reece did seem to be pushing the questions quite a bit, which granted was expected of her. But Gilgamesh could help but notice that there was at least a hint of something there other than simply arguing. Though he chose to pay it relatively little mind as he answered the next question "Traitors would be there regardless. Me becoming one would not make it any better or worse. But at least that way I might learn a means to stop it for good at a later time".

Then in regards to Ryan, she seemed to be feeling a bit better now. But regardless Gilgamesh replied "The Murder Games was a War, you don't always have proper goodbyes in such. You have to treasure what you get, and remember it for when you enjoy more peaceful times later". Not sure if calling it a war like that would help Ryan or not at all... But it was the truth, and seeing how sheltered her family seemed to keep Ryan someone had to tell her some truth in what time she did have in the outside world.​

• Love
Gilgamesh was about to argue Reece's point on curses but then a rather vivid memory came to light, about how he lost his old friend Enkidu to such a Curse. Slowly dissolving into clay in front of Gilgamesh's own eyes... An experience he never wanted to have happen again. Given that he could understand Reece's reluctance and instead attempted to pass it off with a shrug saying "Fine, if such a Curse scares you then let such magic remain untapped". Though with Reece's powers truly back, seeing through that shrug would have been pretty easy to notice.

Trying to change the topic Gilgamesh simply continued to answer her questions as if nothing happened saying "As for showing your powers? That'd be up to you, I only have a small idea of what they are right now anyways. It's not as if you were in a Holy Grail war, where I would have had time to witness it all myself". Though he could only sigh at her next question before stating "I'd likely have little means of knowing who will be summoned next, nor is that likely of much importance. What is of importance is the one's behind it. This one I could have spotted in advance with how the Holy Grail war was acting funny, or with how Kotomine was behaving. And someone who is stronger than Fiamma is still but a child, they would be but an insect".

Reece did seem to be pushing the questions quite a bit, which granted was expected of her. But Gilgamesh could help but notice that there was at least a hint of something there other than simply arguing. Though he chose to pay it relatively little mind as he answered the next question "Traitors would be there regardless. Me becoming one would not make it any better or worse. But at least that way I might learn a means to stop it for good at a later time".

Then in regards to Ryan, she seemed to be feeling a bit better now. But regardless Gilgamesh replied "The Murder Games was a War, you don't always have proper goodbyes in such. You have to treasure what you get, and remember it for when you enjoy more peaceful times later". Not sure if calling it a war like that would help Ryan or not at all... But it was the truth, and seeing how sheltered her family seemed to keep Ryan someone had to tell her some truth in what time she did have in the outside world.​
kvWfN.jpg

Oh, boy. Calling Reece afraid of such a thing? Bad move. Granted, it wasn't really that bad. It just made her frown deeply, crossing her arms. She typically would've been about to retaliate, probably with some sort of sassy remark, but... something stopped her. The tone in Gilgamesh's voice, his feignedly nonchalant shrug, and his expression.. All of them were tell-tale signs that he was just trying to divert attention away from his little recollection. But Reece saw right past it. Her expression softened, and she pursed her lips, giving a more calculated response. "I never said I'm afraid of a curse. I said I won't be bringing you back if you end up dying after actively seeking out another of these games," she pointed out, kind enough to refrain from pointing out she was aware of Gilgamesh's attempt at covering up his little recollection. "..And it was a facetious comment, I'll have you know."

Well, that was an odd thing for her to say. Especially since the matter was fairly serious - resurrection was something that would be breaking a lot of rules, and Reece was never one to do such a thing. But, the Sybil hoped that that little comment would simply be overlooked.

Gilgamesh did have a point when he stated he didn't know much about her powers. She had told him the basics, but she hadn't really had the chance to fill him in on details. Of course, she wasn't sure that it really mattered, considering they likely wouldn't be encountering each other again. But, then again, as Reece always said - knowledge is power. "I never did get to tell you more about that, hm?" she mused, thoughtfully. "..No matter, though. After all, actions speak louder than words." There was a slight pause, as though Reece was considering something. "..You've already witnessed my conjuring, I believe. Telekinesis is rather self-explanatory. So, I suppose the simplest way to demonstrate my more specific abilities would be for you to think of something. Or, if you prefer, I could attempt to divulge your emotions or memories." Yeah. She was going to very conveniently leave out that she had already gotten a glimpse of his memory of Enkidu.

And thus, their little argument continued. Reece wasn't entirely sure if there was even a point to continuing to try to change Gilgamesh's mind, but it wasn't her nature to just give up. ..Except maybe when she was wrong, and it was possible that she was wrong here. But even then, it was only natural for her to worry.. And to butt in on people's business, totally. So it continued. "These events are occurring throughout the entire multiverse, right? According to your Kotomine friend," she started, the word 'friend' coming out a little sarcastically. "So how do you know the host will be someone you know? How will you recognize it's them, then? And what will you do if the antagonist behind it all is more than just 'an insect'?" She was probably asking wayyyy too many questions, but she didn't care. Argumentative and stubborn 'til the end, that one was.

Wow. Gilgamesh was definitely surprising her with how lax he was about the possibility of being a traitor, though. "..Hm. Fair enough."

All of the arguing between Reece and Gilgamesh was... Actually a bit much for Ryan to keep up with. Jeez, how much had she missed while she'd been saying her goodbyes to Kinuhata and Ilona? She could hardly keep up with the conversation enough, now, to even know what was being discussed. But when she was addressed again by Gilgamesh, she considered his words quietly. That hadn't really occurred to her... But she supposed it made sense. Her smile had been exchanged for a blank and serious expression as she mulled this over, before finally nodding quietly. "I guess I didn't think of it that way.."

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai

• Love
Epilogue Part 1

She had been so focused on the friend that spontaneously appeared in a manner that was so like her, the falling ship seemed almost periphery. A problem that was not Ryuko's. Until the ship hit the ground and the crash jolted her to her senses. The crash was pretty smooth all things considered, even as she skidded along into the white and cold snow of Mother Russia. With an outfit like Senketsu, one would think she'd almost shiver to death in minutes...but her blood was boiling much too hot for that. Senketsu was nothing but comfortably warm as she pushed herself up, cracking her neck. "Jeez. I'm gonna be feeling this for a week or two at least." She coughed out, looking for Satsuki.

"Goddammit, you gotta be the one to wear the white Kamui in all this snow, don't ya?" She grumbled, catching a glint of familiar blue a few moments later and shuffling through the snow towards the debris. Ryuko paused right before it, glanced to the side and really thought about it before shrugging and pulling the debris off of Satsuki, giving her a long, cold stare.

Followed through by holding a hand out to pull Satsuki up.

"Satsuki Kiryuin." Ryuko started, though not in the usual manner she said the name. "You actually were telling the truth back there. You were an agent this entire time. A façade to conceal the true reasons for you being here. To stop those corrupted to murder and kill...and the ones who did the corruption. You did that. And...I didn't forget the way you stood up for me back there. Proclaiming my innocence when almost everyone else was losing faith in my role. Almost got voted out. It was close. And what's more? You did...whatever that was. The whole entire crazy-ass school." She shook her head in disbelief.

"...And Mako. If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it. But she did. It was her. I felt it. Even worlds away, galaxies and universes apart...there's no amount of separation large enough to keep Mankanshoku and Matoi away from each other. Heh." She actually smiled.

iFjHInq.jpg

"And you and yours. The Elite Four, your student body, all that. You got batshit crazy people behind you too. Friends." She inclined her gaze to the ground for a quiet few seconds before lifting it back up again.

410678a0b3b2aaa06c8ad89a72f04730593bbc22_hq.gif

"Don't think that I've forgotten about any of our history that came before everything that transpired here. I have a whole grave full of bones to pick with you, questions I sure as hell want answered. But...I do owe ya one after all this. And we're not all that different, the more I think about. Yeah, you can be a total bitch...but you can also be alright at times. And the teamwork we did earlier, I ain't gonna lie. It was pretty damn cool. So whaddaya think, huh? Maybe we can..." Ryuko lowered her gaze again, stammering before finally forcing out the words. "...get along a little better."

She looked over at the portal. "If you can stand being on the same level as me, instead of lording above me."

@El Tigre! @Verite

Epilogue Part 1

Naturally, Kiryuin Satsuki would be the one to adopt and maintain the ever eager battle stance of hers after delivering the swift blade of justice for Fiamma, alongside her compatriots, in a devastating attack. It came naturally to her, to be constantly on the alert and never unrelenting. Even if defeat quickly came for their opponent. It was that, and only then, Satsuki's posture slackened, shoulders losing tension with her head inclined down now. A sigh followed. She was weary. True, she'd only fought very briefly. Nonetheless, summoning the entirety of the Honnoji Academy was a monumental task, a Herculean undertaking even for the likes of Kiryuin Satsuki. A power she was unfamiliar with, one that took great toll upon her body. Wracked with distress momentarily, she'd forcibly suppress the primal savagery that was her kamui. Junketsu, the counterpart to Senketsu, seemingly without a personality. Bent to Kiryuin's iron will, she gleaned his power for her own. Therein lied the rub: it was never hers, seeing that she was no compatible with Junketsu entirely and the discord played against the notion of fully drawing out the kamui's power.

I6TzadI.gif

All this, and the mental fatigue (of staring down a couch surely) played into the tired and weary state of Kiryuin's. This decidedly made clear just exactly why when the plane crashed that she crumbled like a pile of twigs, going down with the aircraft.

Fear not, a mere aeronautic craft would not spell the end of the immovable Kiryuin Satsuki! For now, she remained exactly that, in place underneath all the debris. She would glean whatever rest she would despite her precarious situation.

Her eyes flicked open, as a familiar voice carried on the wind to her ears. A perceptible frown formed, a grunt escaping her porcelain lips. In scant seconds, a detached segment of the plane's wing was hoisted free of Kiryuin's post and tossed aside, culminating the two's eyes meeting in full contact. Kiryuin's breathing came to a slow as she funneled every iota of her being into the stare, maintaining the ever resilient persona she was renown for.

Matoi did the inconceivable: she extended a hand and uttered her name... differently. There was shock but Kiryuin suppressed it before it would breach her features, exposing her. Now then, there was only one thing she could do...

"Matoi Ryuko." She calmly uttered, eyes still staring with intensity despite her prone position. Matoi's proffered hand remained in place... and would be foregone as Kiryuin moved to stand herself up. A leg awkwardly bend in place, before stepping into place with a stout strength, affording Kiryuin the support for the rest to follow. Seconds later, she'd be standing across from Ryuko, eyes down to the other. She'd always been taller than her, hadn't she?

Yet it felt that Matoi Ryuko was as tall as her now, with that gesture. No, that wasn't it. Had Kiryuin Satsuki softened in her time here???

"Fear is freedom. Subjugation is liberation. Contradiction is truth." She placed generous emphasis on the last there in response to Matoi's words, staring the other still. "I did my duty, what was expected of me. I could not reveal myself. I would never reveal myself. I still will not even to this moment, despite the ousting at the hands of others. Despite the arrogance of Fiamma of the Right's. What's done is done but I shall still persevere. It is my duty, my burden. Mine alone to bear. Just as well for the likes of Kiryuin Satsuki." There was an unusual, seemingly uncharacteristic pause in her words now, seconds passing by before she spoke again. "But of course, you are a fellow student of Honnoji Academy. My subordinate-- as loathe as you and I are to admit and say. Kiryuin Satsuki sees to her own."

She coughed sharply, before she seemingly teeter-tottered to one side. That was before a cacophonous slam followed, the source of it being Bakuzan, in its sheathe, being implanted into the frigid earth. It acted as her support.

"Noble Phantasm. I... suspect all of us had one, one that we called our own. Logically it fits what mine was." Kiryuin brushed that aside, as if it were casual and she was already aware of it. Really, internally, her mindset was more of what the hell was that??? Starkly similar to Matoi Ryuko there, surprisingly.

A chuckle followed though. "Mako Makanshoku. I am not surprised." She was silent in respect to the summoning of her own compatriots, her comrades. Her friends. The Four Devas. Were the rest her friends? Her... feelings were shaky on that aspect. She remembered there came a time where she had been willing to cast aside the weak and meek in favor of the strong.

When she'd been fighting for the weak?

Satsuki shook her head now, breaking out of that line of thought as she responded to Matoi's words. Her words of their history and relationship.

"Nor will I, Matoi. Our rivalry and history has been etched into each others' bones. It is something that shall never go silently in the night, never supplanted by even time. It will remain, forever, tempered by our words and actions. But even I must admit, your tenacity and character are something to be admired. As much as one could for a berserk ape." ... Leveraging insults towards the other wouldn't do either any good now would it? Still, she'd just been called a total bitch. : |

"Our collaboration was effective and powerful. I... I could do with another in the future, if it came to it. I would tolerate it." The corners of her lips curled up. "This is a first, Matoi. A sign that we're getting on along well. Already. You've not leveraged a screaming insult my direction and I've not..." Her brows furrowed, trying to recall how Ryuko would frame it in her case. "... uttered my 'bullshit' in reply." Satsuki cleared her throat now.

"See to that you maintain a constant effort to remain on the same level as I." Of course, Kiryuin Satsuki wasn't going to relent in a heartbeat and give way to that easily. She'd still lord in some way. "Do so and I will afford you respect and camaraderie. I may be lenient but I expect no less than any other, even from you."

The stern expression, marked by her serious tone, forged the persona of Satsuki's. Only for the following to give way to the beginnings of shattering what was a facade, in the future.

pLUoosK.gif

"Now then... let us return home."

DZuwbAT.gif

@C.T.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: C.T.
ETHEL / KARIN EPILOGUE

Ethel and Karin walked through the portal. Honestly they didn't really care about this kind of stuff now.

THE END

What, we're you expecting more?

Uhh... here ya go. Some words of advice from Ethel.

JccZavu.jpg

And off they go.​

Ryner Lute Epilogue: A well earned rest

"Ah, finally back" Ryner mutters, the wind gently ruffling as he strode slowly through a meadow, gentle green slopes and small trees almost fencing him in as he strides through the cool afternoon air
"You can stop hiding in the bushes" he says calmly, his eyes moving to look at the platoon of Magic Knights who'd been laying in waiting for him
"Ryner Lute, you're wanted by the Kingdom of -" The words were cut short by the source of the voice being slashed in two by the wind itself

The magic knights tried to flee, walls of fire erupted in their paths, magic the likes of which they had never seen before would catch them off guard and leave them all terrified
When he summoned Excalibur and his new armor, they couldn't contain themselves, one visibly passed out from the fear, another relieved himself, probably against his own will.

"You are all quite pathetic..."
"I think I miss the Murder Game already...Well, now's the time for a nap...You're all free to sleep too, for eternity"
With that, he'd turn away, letting his magic deal with the last of the knights as he walked away slowly, pulling his hood over his head slowly
A new scourge fell upon the lands of Minoris, a scourge that quickly wiped out all opposition to the Kingdom of Roland, and allowed the world to live, united under one banner

It seemed with Fiamma's power, and the abilities he'd borrowed in the Murder Game, Ryner had become quite powerful, who'd have thought it?

Who knows what world he would unite next
But one thing was certain for Ryner. His new goal was the Holy Grail itself

@Whoever cares​

kvWfN.jpg

Oh, boy. Calling Reece afraid of such a thing? Bad move. Granted, it wasn't really that bad. It just made her frown deeply, crossing her arms. She typically would've been about to retaliate, probably with some sort of sassy remark, but... something stopped her. The tone in Gilgamesh's voice, his feignedly nonchalant shrug, and his expression.. All of them were tell-tale signs that he was just trying to divert attention away from his little recollection. But Reece saw right past it. Her expression softened, and she pursed her lips, giving a more calculated response. "I never said I'm afraid of a curse. I said I won't be bringing you back if you end up dying after actively seeking out another of these games," she pointed out, kind enough to refrain from pointing out she was aware of Gilgamesh's attempt at covering up his little recollection. "..And it was a facetious comment, I'll have you know."

Well, that was an odd thing for her to say. Especially since the matter was fairly serious - resurrection was something that would be breaking a lot of rules, and Reece was never one to do such a thing. But, the Sybil hoped that that little comment would simply be overlooked.

Gilgamesh did have a point when he stated he didn't know much about her powers. She had told him the basics, but she hadn't really had the chance to fill him in on details. Of course, she wasn't sure that it really mattered, considering they likely wouldn't be encountering each other again. But, then again, as Reece always said - knowledge is power. "I never did get to tell you more about that, hm?" she mused, thoughtfully. "..No matter, though. After all, actions speak louder than words." There was a slight pause, as though Reece was considering something. "..You've already witnessed my conjuring, I believe. Telekinesis is rather self-explanatory. So, I suppose the simplest way to demonstrate my more specific abilities would be for you to think of something. Or, if you prefer, I could attempt to divulge your emotions or memories." Yeah. She was going to very conveniently leave out that she had already gotten a glimpse of his memory of Enkidu.

And thus, their little argument continued. Reece wasn't entirely sure if there was even a point to continuing to try to change Gilgamesh's mind, but it wasn't her nature to just give up. ..Except maybe when she was wrong, and it was possible that she was wrong here. But even then, it was only natural for her to worry.. And to butt in on people's business, totally. So it continued. "These events are occurring throughout the entire multiverse, right? According to your Kotomine friend," she started, the word 'friend' coming out a little sarcastically. "So how do you know the host will be someone you know? How will you recognize it's them, then? And what will you do if the antagonist behind it all is more than just 'an insect'?" She was probably asking wayyyy too many questions, but she didn't care. Argumentative and stubborn 'til the end, that one was.

Wow. Gilgamesh was definitely surprising her with how lax he was about the possibility of being a traitor, though. "..Hm. Fair enough."

All of the arguing between Reece and Gilgamesh was... Actually a bit much for Ryan to keep up with. Jeez, how much had she missed while she'd been saying her goodbyes to Kinuhata and Ilona? She could hardly keep up with the conversation enough, now, to even know what was being discussed. But when she was addressed again by Gilgamesh, she considered his words quietly. That hadn't really occurred to her... But she supposed it made sense. Her smile had been exchanged for a blank and serious expression as she mulled this over, before finally nodding quietly. "I guess I didn't think of it that way.."

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai
Well, Reece's reaction suddenly got a bit less blunt and pushy which was odd... Did she see something? Well she did mention the ability to divulge into memories... Shit, she probably saw something. Regardless though Gilgamesh attempted to deflect it the best he could as he asked "So you are willing to use the spell and Curse your family yet again? You just won't do it over a Murder Game?". It didn't really matter if the comment wasn't meant to be serious, in fact it not being serious is exactly why is was. He just got her stuck on something she was discussing out of personal opinion and interest, rather than something like rules or formality. It was those types of things that truly let one look into people, and see them for who they really are.

He did the same kind of reading on Kotomine back in the Holy Grail War in regards to his interest on Beserker. He knew fully well Kotomine's destructive wishes, hell Kotomine ended the Holy Grail War by blowing up an entire city block... Well technically that was a side effect from Kiritsugu destroying the Grail, but Kotomine took nothing but pleasure out of it.

In regards to Reece going on about her abilities, her change in attitude already seemed to show it. Though admittedly he was curious about how deep it could go, he'd have to be careful though to not let a more personal memory leak out, assuming he had control over that with her powers... Which judging from earlier he might not. Regardless he thought up a memory from his time back in Babylon, when he found an item capable of giving him immortality... Only for a snake to end up snatching it, hence there reason for shedding. And how he wasn't actually angry about that oddly enough, but rather found a sense of joy and excitement in life being so limited and unpredictable.

And Alas it seemed their argument, debate, discussion, who knows? About investigating other Games was still waging on, maybe a GM needs to lock the thread soon so he simply retorted "The point is now I know it's coming, I can be actively looking out for it. Besides, he and Kotomine were planning something for the Grail War anyway's, a plan that he no doubt altered for these Games. If I look back into those plans, I might find a lead to follow". As for her questioning if someone was too strong for him he simply stated "Everything's an insect under the right heel".

It also seemed that Ryan was starting to open her eyes to both the joys and realities of the outside world... He's pretty sure Frank would be trying to kill him right now for the bluntness he was using, but he wasn't here.
In fact looking around it seemed that practically no one was left... Did everyone else seriously just get up and leave that quickly? You go through war and people give it little more than a bye, never see you again? That was odd, at least in the Holy Grail War Gilgamesh bothered to share a final drink with his comrade, and then fought in honourable combat. Any ways, it also seemed clear that Ryan was completely lost in the conversation. He didn't need any Sybil abilities to tell that, so he asked her "You've fought through and won a War now, may you have wanted it or not. How does that feel?".

@Hospes

• Love
Cinder closed her eyes, bracing for impact as she came to terms that it was too late to try anything... However, as she felt themselves hit the ground, it felt oddly... Not very jarring; in fact, as she opened her eyes, she realized that the walls of the entire ship had crumbled around her, but, she was somehow still alive... Though, the note beside her, written by someone named "Red", seemed to indicate her body had been replaced, or, just changed with another exact replica somehow... She had no idea how to comprehend what just happened, but, it would appear that the hand that had rebelled against it's wielder also produced some sort of portal, one that would bring her home... Despite having anticipated this moment since her arrival in this strange moment, Cinder found it a little more difficult than expected to step through. It looked like this "Murder Game" of sorts was truly over, and as soon as she stepped through this portal, this crazy adventure would be all over... Forever, as far as she knew. She certainly didn't make friends like Ruby did, and bring back powerfull allies as she had planned; such was the fate of an antisocial villain like herself, though, surprisingly enough, she hadn't made too many enemies. Though, she did find out that someone appeared to have beaten her at her own game; Kirei Kotomine, a man who had participated in the same game Ruby had, observing, making notes... Plotting... The evil that had overcome them had much more power than anything she had ever known; she would wager that even the Grimm could be scared away by that sort of power... Cinder sighed a little... She knew she wouldn't have to deal with this anymore once she stepped through that portal... Everything would return to normal, she'd resume filling her role as the Villain, and take down Vale from the inside out, in order to make room for her own plans... Piece of cake, right?

Cinder stepped forwards, but, suddenly stopped, turning around as she realized something; most of the others gathered here were also strangers to this world... They each had their own places to return to after this, you could even say this was a rather... Happy ending; knowing that she wasn't the only one who would have this experience in the back of her mind when she return, she flashed a small, hardly even noticeable on her face before she stepped through the portal.... And then everything went black... Though for a brief moment, she could hear the faint, sounds of something laughing, and for a moment, she felt an extreme chill run down her spine. Somehow, she knew that out there, somewhere... There was another threat to the multiverse, looming somewhere, though... What it was, or what it might do was uncertain to her... Though should she be concerned? She would have thought about this some more, had her thoughts she was trying to collect not suddenly scattered...​
CMGC8tWUkAAPSw2.png

Cinder's room, Beacon Academy - 6:00 AM

Beeep... Beeep... Beeep... Beeep... What an irritating sound... Just when Cinder was beginning to have a moment of peace too... Slowly, she cracked open one of her eyes as she began to register what exactly the beeping noise was; an alarm clock... Next to her bed... In her room... Wait a second! Cinder stood up abruptly, glancing around at Mercury and Emerald, who were both still fast asleep, well, no thanks to the fact that one of them *ahem Mercury* was snoring a little. Deciding she'd dodge their shennanigans for the moment, she immediately set the alarm to "off" for the time being, sighing a little as she sat down on her bed. It was 6:00 AM for her right now, so, she'd have an hour or so before she had to get up and start plotting with her "team members", perhaps Ironwood would have granted them a good advantage by then? For the time being though, Cinder thought back on what had happened, that Murder Game she had been pulled into... Was that just a silly old dream? Cinder looked at the empty dust container she had used in combat at some point; nope! Definitely not a dream.

Though, a more pressing matter came to mind just then; what if this Murder Game she had participated in wasn't the only thing that could pose a threat to not just her and her plans, but, the entire realm she existed in? She had a feeling Ruby and the companions she had brought back from her own "events" of sorts had gone through similar events before, hosted outside of their world that they were pulled through... But, what if an Murder Game didn't pull them into it, but, instead, pulled itself towards them? Having experienced the relentless power beings in such games could hold, she soon realized that the few she had to assist her may not be enough to hold their ground, and preserve all that she knew, and came to familiarize herself with... Which meant that she had to seek out those who were more knowledgeable about these things, and the first people that came to mind were Ruby, Yang, and the three they had brought back from their "Murder Games" a mysterious, and rather timid girl named Sophie, who as Cinder had observed... Proved to be quite the fierce fighter... And two males, one with powers unlike those she had ever seen, and another who could transform himself into a scythe... However, she realized getting to know them probably wouldn't be as simple as saying hello and asking them to be friends... And she'd prefer not to draw Mercury, nor Emerald's attention to this, let alone Torchwick or Neo for that matter. Though, despite the few complications, she was supposed to be a criminal mastermind; surely acquiring a few new allies shouldn't be that difficult... Right?​

tumblr_inline_neega5J7ls1sk47ji.png
Cinder smirked a little as she nodded to herself, seeming to be content with her "battle plan" of sorts, and with that in mind, she cleared her throat, rousing both Emerald and Mercury, deciding to send them on a little "recon mission" throughout the Academy, having them observe team JNPR for now, to gather "intel" on them. Though, in actuality, she just wanted them away from her for the time being... She had things of her own to tend to; things that she was certain wouldn't be seen as "out of the ordinary" for someone like her...​
Many days passed since Cinder had made her decision by now, the few hours she had originally planned to spend attempting to befriend Ruby, and a few others of interest became days, and soon enough; weeks... It was a little... Awkward at first, Ruby being Ruby, Sophie being Sophie, and the others not seeming to pay too much attention to her. However, eventually, whenever Ruby had some free time, they seemed to spend a sort of "quality time" together, often just performing seemingly mundane tasks and talking amongst each other, sharing their experiences of their Murder Games idly... However, such "gatherings" didn't go unnoticed by Ruby's colleagues, and, at first, she had found the door kicked in over and over because they thought something... Different was going on. Heck, even ZWEI busted down the door at one point... Cinder's screams of rage could be heard echoeing down the halls over and over as she mended the door countless times before everyone seemed to adjust to this new little development between Ruby and her.

It wasn't just Ruby she seemed to be hanging around whenever she could though; she had also been teaching Sophie how to effectively fight, giving her some extra advice whenever she needed it... After all, if they were to be facing another threat to the multiverse, they needed to be fully prepared, and to do so meant that Sophie needed to bump her fighting skills up a notch. It wasn't very easy to get started, but, eventually, Sophie was able to generate her own aura, and discovered her natural semblance; Pressure. With concentration, Sophie is capable of blasting her foes backwards, or even launching herself in the air by using her semblance to effectively generate "shockwaves" of sorts... Even managing to create a shockwave that seemed to cover a certain radius around her. Using this ability, Cinder using physical combat alone found her attacks being deflected by Sophie, though, her orange magma-based attacks seriously gave her a run for her money. Though, each time they fought, Cinder seemed to find that Sophie's skills were starting to improve through and through; her movements were alot faster and more direct, with some semblance of confidence behind them... She was more than able to keep up with fellow sparring partners, gaining some recognition amongst those who she sparred with, and slowly but surely, working her way up the rankings in Beacon Academy...​
Right now though, Cinder was sitting in her room with Ruby practically bouncing up and down in her seat in front of her, they were both snacking on chocolate chip cookies, Ruby's favorite... Cinder appeared to be enjoying this whole thing with having actual friends lately, though, something suddenly sprang up in her mind, causing her to cock her head, smiling just a little in a more thoughtfull manner.​
tumblr_inline_neega6J0bJ1sk47ji.png

"So... Miss Rose, what are the odds of a Murder Game being hosted here... In our world?" She asked, just out of curiousity; she wanted to hear this young leader's thoughts on this whole thing, even if they probably sound a little... "Dorky", as Yang had called them.
h54h%2014_zpse1ry4dnr.png

"Hrm... Uhm... I dwnow..." Ruby mumbled through mouthfulls of chocolate chip cookies before she took a moment to finish eating, before speaking again. "Oh! Uh... Sorry about that... Buuut, as I said; I don't know! I mean... It would be sooo exciting, buuuut, probably reaaaally really bad! Uh... That is... If the host of the game decides on that anyways... Which they usually do..." Ruby squeaked, trailing off a little as she recalled a few events from the first Murder Game she had participated in... Along with the most recent one...
There was a small pause as Cinder was about to say something, but, then a sudden knock on the door caused Cinder to look up "Looks like I've got some errands to run... Catch ya later." she said, shrugging a little as she stood up... Heading out the door, Emerald and Mercury were waiting for her outside, as expected, they exchanged some wordless glances, indicating they would be enacting some sort of plan today, though, Ruby didn't seem to pay too much attention to that, for reasons unknown... Instead, she waved at them as they headed down the hall "Uh! See ya! Oh! And Sophie says thanks for the lessons! She say's she'll be hanging out with us sooooon!" Ruby called, waving at Cinder... It looked like Cinder returned the wave, though, she didn't actually turn to face Ruby, this way, Emerald and Mercury would still be under the belief she was simply pretending to be friends with Ruby...​
tumblr_n9ljt4L7sC1sbqv5uo2_500.gif

A smug look crossed her face as she thought about this, walking down the hall... Those two would never suspect that their dear leader had a change of heart; and they had little to no knowledge of the fact that other realms existed outside of their own... Nor any awareness that Ruby, and some of her companions was capable of traversing such realms... Cinder liked to keep it that way; after all, she only lets her "henchmen" know, what they need to know... And her ventures outside of this realm, along with her newfound enjoyment in this thing called "friendship", would be best kept under wraps, after all... She was still supposed to be the undercover Villain in this world... However, nowadays, she prefers to be what one might call an "Anti-Hero".....
End - A Villain's Deviation
*roll credits*

Well, Reece's reaction suddenly got a bit less blunt and pushy which was odd... Did she see something? Well she did mention the ability to divulge into memories... Shit, she probably saw something. Regardless though Gilgamesh attempted to deflect it the best he could as he asked "So you are willing to use the spell and Curse your family yet again? You just won't do it over a Murder Game?". It didn't really matter if the comment wasn't meant to be serious, in fact it not being serious is exactly why is was. He just got her stuck on something she was discussing out of personal opinion and interest, rather than something like rules or formality. It was those types of things that truly let one look into people, and see them for who they really are.

He did the same kind of reading on Kotomine back in the Holy Grail War in regards to his interest on Beserker. He knew fully well Kotomine's destructive wishes, hell Kotomine ended the Holy Grail War by blowing up an entire city block... Well technically that was a side effect from Kiritsugu destroying the Grail, but Kotomine took nothing but pleasure out of it.

In regards to Reece going on about her abilities, her change in attitude already seemed to show it. Though admittedly he was curious about how deep it could go, he'd have to be careful though to not let a more personal memory leak out, assuming he had control over that with her powers... Which judging from earlier he might not. Regardless he thought up a memory from his time back in Babylon, when he found an item capable of giving him immortality... Only for a snake to end up snatching it, hence there reason for shedding. And how he wasn't actually angry about that oddly enough, but rather found a sense of joy and excitement in life being so limited and unpredictable.

And Alas it seemed their argument, debate, discussion, who knows? About investigating other Games was still waging on, maybe a GM needs to lock the thread soon so he simply retorted "The point is now I know it's coming, I can be actively looking out for it. Besides, he and Kotomine were planning something for the Grail War anyway's, a plan that he no doubt altered for these Games. If I look back into those plans, I might find a lead to follow". As for her questioning if someone was too strong for him he simply stated "Everything's an insect under the right heel".

It also seemed that Ryan was starting to open her eyes to both the joys and realities of the outside world... He's pretty sure Frank would be trying to kill him right now for the bluntness he was using, but he wasn't here.
In fact looking around it seemed that practically no one was left... Did everyone else seriously just get up and leave that quickly? You go through war and people give it little more than a bye, never see you again? That was odd, at least in the Holy Grail War Gilgamesh bothered to share a final drink with his comrade, and then fought in honourable combat. Any ways, it also seemed clear that Ryan was completely lost in the conversation. He didn't need any Sybil abilities to tell that, so he asked her "You've fought through and won a War now, may you have wanted it or not. How does that feel?".

@Hospes

Epilogue Part Two: Until We Meet Again

Ah, that was the question, wasn't it? Reece would have normally immediately denied this, and truthfully, at that, but now? With having new bonds? Reece actually had to think about the question before giving an answer. Would she really risk that for someone she cared about? Or possibly even someone she loved? Now, she couldn't help but wonder what Genevieve had felt like when she had been faced with her love dying. Hm. "...I don''t see why it matters any," she finally responded with a seemingly nonchalant shrug. Yeah... She was going to try to avoid that question.

Luckily, they'd reverted to a topic that wasn't personal for her. That opportunity was quite pleasing. The Sybil tilted her head at Gilgamesh, observing him quietly. Intently. "..Afraid of me getting into your head, hm?" she inquired almost playfully, seeming a bit amused. "Don't worry. I won't dig too deep," she assured. After a few moments longer of observing Gilgamesh, the Sybil looked away, clasping her hands together. "It seems you lost something a long while ago. To a snake, right? Surprising that you found the experience enjoyable, but finding joy in life can be a good trait. I'm not sure anyone realizes how painfully boring life must be when you're immortal."

And, as expected, they were still bickering about the Murder Games. Reece could only pinch the bridge of her nose in frustration, but she finally relented. "If you're so certain about all of this, then fine. Just be careful, alright? I'd much rather you not die again, you know." Yeah. That was probably the closest thing that anyone would hear to Reece expressing care. "Just keep in mind: Not all insects can be simply squished. Some are clever enough to escape the boot, and others have defense mechanisms or hard casings protecting them."

Meanwhile, Ryan was still in 'wat do' mode, up until she was addressed by Gilgamesh again. She'd.. Fought through a war? She didn't like the sound of that - not one bit. Her expression remained serious as she mulled this over, trying to sort out her emotions. What did she feel like? Sad was certainly one part of her answer. Another was happy to be going home again. To see Ridley. But most of all... "Tiring," she finally responded. "And I'm happy the bad guys are gone, too." Oh, boy.

With Ryan back from having said her goodbyes, it was surprising that Reece had yet to stop talking with Gilgamesh. After all, the young woman had work to do. Lots and lots of work - and it wasn't like her to dilly-dally when there were serious matters to attend to. So why she had stuck around was quite the mystery, but even then... The Sybil found that she wasn't eager to say goodbye. Was this what having friends was like? Not wanting to part? She had to suppose so, but even then - it had to be done. There was no getting around that, even if she wanted to.

So, even with how reluctant she was, the Sybil spoke up. "..As much as I'd love to stay and chat more, I'm afraid that it's time to go. Our mother is surely worried sick, and I've got some stuff I need to handle back home," she started, softly, standing up and tucking a stray strand of blonde hair behind her ear. She seemed to take a moment to consider what to say next, as though trying to think of something to say other than the simple 'goodbye', before she piped up again. "It's been a pleasure knowing you, Gilgamesh," she stated with a small smile. "I hope our paths will cross again someday. But, until we meet agai--"

Reece didn't have the chance to finish the sentence before something distracted her. That something being Ryan, as per usual. The child had more or less moved to hug Gilgamesh without warning - oblivious to the fact that this would more than likely piss him off. That was Ryan for ya. Luckily, Reece was there to come to the rescue!.. Sorta. "..Ryan, come along, now. Let go of him," Reece requested, firmly. Her little sister reluctantly did as told after a few moments longer, apparently not wanting to leave yet. "Thank you."

Now that that was out of the way, Reece sighed softly. Hugging Gilgamesh would probably just be weird and annoying, and hugging wasn't really something that the Sybil initiated, so she only smiled, patting Ryan on the head. "Well.. Shall we, then, Ryan?" the older sister asked the younger one, taking her hand.

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai

• Love

Epilogue Part Two: Until We Meet Again

Ah, that was the question, wasn't it? Reece would have normally immediately denied this, and truthfully, at that, but now? With having new bonds? Reece actually had to think about the question before giving an answer. Would she really risk that for someone she cared about? Or possibly even someone she loved? Now, she couldn't help but wonder what Genevieve had felt like when she had been faced with her love dying. Hm. "...I don''t see why it matters any," she finally responded with a seemingly nonchalant shrug. Yeah... She was going to try to avoid that question.

Luckily, they'd reverted to a topic that wasn't personal for her. That opportunity was quite pleasing. The Sybil tilted her head at Gilgamesh, observing him quietly. Intently. "..Afraid of me getting into your head, hm?" she inquired almost playfully, seeming a bit amused. "Don't worry. I won't dig too deep," she assured. After a few moments longer of observing Gilgamesh, the Sybil looked away, clasping her hands together. "It seems you lost something a long while ago. To a snake, right? Surprising that you found the experience enjoyable, but finding joy in life can be a good trait. I'm not sure anyone realizes how painfully boring life must be when you're immortal."

And, as expected, they were still bickering about the Murder Games. Reece could only pinch the bridge of her nose in frustration, but she finally relented. "If you're so certain about all of this, then fine. Just be careful, alright? I'd much rather you not die again, you know." Yeah. That was probably the closest thing that anyone would hear to Reece expressing care. "Just keep in mind: Not all insects can be simply squished. Some are clever enough to escape the boot, and others have defense mechanisms or hard casings protecting them."

Meanwhile, Ryan was still in 'wat do' mode, up until she was addressed by Gilgamesh again. She'd.. Fought through a war? She didn't like the sound of that - not one bit. Her expression remained serious as she mulled this over, trying to sort out her emotions. What did she feel like? Sad was certainly one part of her answer. Another was happy to be going home again. To see Ridley. But most of all... "Tiring," she finally responded. "And I'm happy the bad guys are gone, too." Oh, boy.

With Ryan back from having said her goodbyes, it was surprising that Reece had yet to stop talking with Gilgamesh. After all, the young woman had work to do. Lots and lots of work - and it wasn't like her to dilly-dally when there were serious matters to attend to. So why she had stuck around was quite the mystery, but even then... The Sybil found that she wasn't eager to say goodbye. Was this what having friends was like? Not wanting to part? She had to suppose so, but even then - it had to be done. There was no getting around that, even if she wanted to.

So, even with how reluctant she was, the Sybil spoke up. "..As much as I'd love to stay and chat more, I'm afraid that it's time to go. Our mother is surely worried sick, and I've got some stuff I need to handle back home," she started, softly, standing up and tucking a stray strand of blonde hair behind her ear. She seemed to take a moment to consider what to say next, as though trying to think of something to say other than the simple 'goodbye', before she piped up again. "It's been a pleasure knowing you, Gilgamesh," she stated with a small smile. "I hope our paths will cross again someday. But, until we meet agai--"

Reece didn't have the chance to finish the sentence before something distracted her. That something being Ryan, as per usual. The child had more or less moved to hug Gilgamesh without warning - oblivious to the fact that this would more than likely piss him off. That was Ryan for ya. Luckily, Reece was there to come to the rescue!.. Sorta. "..Ryan, come along, now. Let go of him," Reece requested, firmly. Her little sister reluctantly did as told after a few moments longer, apparently not wanting to leave yet. "Thank you."

Now that that was out of the way, Reece sighed softly. Hugging Gilgamesh would probably just be weird and annoying, and hugging wasn't really something that the Sybil initiated, so she only smiled, patting Ryan on the head. "Well.. Shall we, then, Ryan?" the older sister asked the younger one, taking her hand.

@Gen. Gwazi Senpai
Looks like he got her in a bind there, her hesitance to actually answer the question already gave Gilgamesh the answer he needed. Oh how fun it was to read people without using any magical abilities... Though it seems she was reading him as well noticing he was uneasy of her getting in his head. Damn, you couldn't kept anything secret with her now could you? Made for entertaining conversation at the least, even if it was a bit one-sided. Regardless she soon dug into his head, and got the thought in there exactly right. When Reece stated her thoughts on it he replied "What is there to enjoy in life if you have nothing to lose? Immortality is simply another means of death itself".

It seemed the bickering on the Murder Games was ending though, Reece surprisingly giving in... Which actually took Gilgamesh by surprise. Though he wasn't sure if that was less or more surprising than Reece expressing a level of care instead of simply going on facts again. Though of course she had to add that tid-bit on insect's defence mechanisms, which he'd let pass. It was a valid point any ways, there always were those people who although weak just refused to die.

When it came to Ryan she seemed to be adapting well to the realization of having been in a War. Then again, she had seen quite a bit in it already including friends being killed. Though despite her age, the answer she gave was one most people didn't learn till many years in bloodshed. "Good, a blade that is always drawn is one to dull to ever work" was all he'd comment in response to it, it'd be interesting to see what perspective she'd take on these matters as she got older.

Alas though Reece seemed to be pulling the plug on the conversation, having family to return too. Just like Battler, and just like most of the others who had left without even saying goodbye to people. It made Gilgamesh wonder what was he going to do now? He was going to investigate the Murder Games, but now he was completely alone again, just like he was in Babylon after losing Enkidu. No Kotomine, no Iskander, it would be interesting to say the least. He was used to it though, this wasn't anything new to him. Though he had kept this to a side thought as to attempt avoiding Reece reading this too.

Once Reece said her goodbye's he nodded and was about to respond... and then he felt a sudden thud. Looking down it seemed Ryan had her arms wrapped around him hugging him. Well... This was unexpected, and he was clearly taken off guard by this. If this had been someone Gilgamesh considered a Mongrel, Gates would be flying right now. But instead he simply patted Ryan on the head before Reece managed to have Ryan let go. After which he nodded at Reece before a Gate appeared besides him and two magical staff's seemed to drop out into his hands. Extending them out he said "Hmph! You expect me so tasteless as to send someone off without a token of my wealth!? Take these. I'm not sure how exactly Mana's meant to work in your world. But these staff's function as a conduit and amplifier for Magical Energy, it should still work".

If the two decided to take it or not, Gilgamesh would stand around until whenever the two actually decided to exit through whatever portal would take them home.
It's not Gilgamesh actually neede... Actually wait, he was in Russia. Yea, a portal might be nice.

@Hospes

• Love
Looks like he got her in a bind there, her hesitance to actually answer the question already gave Gilgamesh the answer he needed. Oh how fun it was to read people without using any magical abilities... Though it seems she was reading him as well noticing he was uneasy of her getting in his head. Damn, you couldn't kept anything secret with her now could you? Made for entertaining conversation at the least, even if it was a bit one-sided. Regardless she soon dug into his head, and got the thought in there exactly right. When Reece stated her thoughts on it he replied "What is there to enjoy in life if you have nothing to lose? Immortality is simply another means of death itself".

It seemed the bickering on the Murder Games was ending though, Reece surprisingly giving in... Which actually took Gilgamesh by surprise. Though he wasn't sure if that was less or more surprising than Reece expressing a level of care instead of simply going on facts again. Though of course she had to add that tid-bit on insect's defence mechanisms, which he'd let pass. It was a valid point any ways, there always were those people who although weak just refused to die.

When it came to Ryan she seemed to be adapting well to the realization of having been in a War. Then again, she had seen quite a bit in it already including friends being killed. Though despite her age, the answer she gave was one most people didn't learn till many years in bloodshed. "Good, a blade that is always drawn is one to dull to ever work" was all he'd comment in response to it, it'd be interesting to see what perspective she'd take on these matters as she got older.

Alas though Reece seemed to be pulling the plug on the conversation, having family to return too. Just like Battler, and just like most of the others who had left without even saying goodbye to people. It made Gilgamesh wonder what was he going to do now? He was going to investigate the Murder Games, but now he was completely alone again, just like he was in Babylon after losing Enkidu. No Kotomine, no Iskander, it would be interesting to say the least. He was used to it though, this wasn't anything new to him. Though he had kept this to a side thought as to attempt avoiding Reece reading this too.

Once Reece said her goodbye's he nodded and was about to respond... and then he felt a sudden thud. Looking down it seemed Ryan had her arms wrapped around him hugging him. Well... This was unexpected, and he was clearly taken off guard by this. If this had been someone Gilgamesh considered a Mongrel, Gates would be flying right now. But instead he simply patted Ryan on the head before Reece managed to have Ryan let go. After which he nodded at Reece before a Gate appeared besides him and two magical staff's seemed to drop out into his hands. Extending them out he said "Hmph! You expect me so tasteless as to send someone off without a token of my wealth!? Take these. I'm not sure how exactly Mana's meant to work in your world. But these staff's function as a conduit and amplifier for Magical Energy, it should still work".

If the two decided to take it or not, Gilgamesh would stand around until whenever the two actually decided to exit through whatever portal would take them home.
It's not Gilgamesh actually neede... Actually wait, he was in Russia. Yea, a portal might be nice.

@Hospes

Epilogue Part Three: Time Flies

It was really hitting the nail on the head to say it was impossible to keep a secret from Reece. She was always one to butt in on other people's business, and she definitely used her powers a lot. Especially when she was suspicious about something. Or, in this case? She'd had her powers stolen from her for a long time, and was so ecstatic that they were back that she was probably using them more than necessary. Not that she really cared that that was the case. She did nod her agreement with Gilgamesh's statement, seeming thoughtful. "Yeah Just of a different type." For a moment or two, Reece thought back to Abraham. But she quickly redirected her thoughts to something else, having no desire to reminisce the events that had taken place at the hand of the Dark Incubus.

In truth, the Sybil was rather glad that Gilgamesh made no further commentary on neither her lack of response to his question about revival, nor her advice on being careful.. While the fact that he didn't respond to her comment about insects somewhat amused her. While she hadn't necessarily 'won' their argument/discussion/whatever on the Murder Games, it seemed she at least had him at a loss on one subject.

To be frank, Gilgamesh's next words to little Ryan confused her a good bit. But, she didn't voice this - she just thought it over absently, figuring she'd be able to decipher it later. For now.. It was time to go.

Admittedly, the older sibling out of the two blondes was rather surprised that the King of Heroes didn't get mad when Ryan hugged him - and was even more surprised that he actually patted her on the head. Despite her surprise over this, the Caster couldn't help but smile. Huh. I suppose there's more to him than I thought. As much as she would've loved to try to figure the man out more, there just wasn't time. She had been about to start towards the portal when Gilgamesh surprised her yet again. This time, with the offering of a gift.

At first, the Sybil was unsure of how to react... But, then, she simply shook her head. "Your offer is appreciated, but I don't think I can accept. There's no need for such treasuries, back home," she explained. "Besides.. Friendships aren't about material objects, anyways. Memories and knowledge that you have a bond is the only gift needed." Ah. How sentimental. Even if she was like a walking encyclopedia, she had insight on emotions after all... Or she picked that information up from a definition she read somewhere. Either or. "..Regardless, good luck in your affairs, Gilgamesh. I look forward to crossing paths with you again."

After exchanging their final goodbyes with Gilgamesh, Reece gave one last smile before slowly moving towards the portal with a deep breath. Whether goodbyes are a nuisance or not, it's time to go, she reminded herself. So, she looked down to her sister, speaking slowly. "Alright, I'll go first. Just follow me," she ordered, simply, glad to see little Ryan nod her agreement. With that, the Sybil slowly but proudly walked through the portal.. And sighed in relief. Upon walking through, she found herself back in an all-too-familiar place: Ravenwood Manor. But, as to be expected, the appearance of the place had greatly changed since she'd last been in it's corridors. Now, rather than being decorated in a bright and cheerful manner, everything was dark and dreary.

Ah, wonderful. I guess I really hit the nail on the head when I said our family would be worried.. the light Caster thought, shaking her head.

Meanwhile, Ryan was hesitating on the other side of the portal. She shot one last glance and smile at Gilgamesh, gave a parting wave, and quietly moved through the portal. She joined her sister on the other side, looking around the hall of the Manor in silence. "...Do you think Lena-Beana did this, Reece?" she asked after a moment, looking at her big sister with expectant blue eyes. But, before Reece had the chance to answer, a loud bark resonated through the hall.. And Ryan found herself tackled to the floor in a flash of black. She landed with a hard 'thud', but no sound of pain or surprise came. In fact, she actually... Giggled.

49c8c42c5df276b0b1c924784ca2f0b0.png

"Hi, Boo!" she greeted as the black wolf now pinning her down showered her face with affectionate licks. Despite her earlier sadness, the massive canine that was on top of her managed to bring up the girl's mood slightly.

Before long, the wolf on top of Ryan wasn't the only one flocking to her and Reece. There was the sound of cautious footsteps, and then a wide-eyed and distant looking woman appeared, her jaw dropping when she saw Reece and Ryan. "B-Barclay..!" she called back towards the direction she'd came from. She looked about ready to faint, actually, after seeing the sisters.. And actually seemed about to do just that. Reece immediately became alarmed, about to rush to the woman's aid, only for a man to come into view to do just that. The woman slumped into his arms, and he seemed incredibly worried by this. "Delphine! Delphine, dear, what's the matter? Is it th-" before he finished, the man noticed the presence of the two blondes, and he lit right up. "Reece, Ryan!"

Reece only gave an awkward smile, before moving to help the man with Delphine. "Hello, father," she responded. He seemed to be about to speak again, but Reece cut him off. "Before you ask, let's take care of momma. Then we can talk." The man seemed to hesitate a moment before giving a nod. A short while later, the four(or, five, if you counted good ol' Boo Radley) were sitting in the living room, with Delphine conscious and practically crying out of joy and relief. Ryan was on the floor, idly petting Boo Radley before speaking up. "...Poppa, has Jules come back, yet?" she inquired, hopefully. Much to her dismay, though, the man shook his head in silence. "..No, she hasn't."

"..Oh."

The child didn't exactly have much time to mope, though, because soon enough? It was practically a party in the living room, the dark and dreary decorations beginning to morph into happier and brighter ones. Lena and Ethan were quickly informed that Ryan and Reece were back via Kelting, and had rushed back to the Manor when they were told. Macon himself had made a rare appearance, even - and everyone was gathered together again. Ryan and Reece both got more hugs than they probably wanted(well... Reece, anyways), and then lots of questions were asked, so Reece cut to the chase and told the family the tale of what had happened.

That had been two years ago, now.

It had been one hell of a two years, to say the least. A lot had happened... But there was also a lot that hadn't happened, as well. Neither Reece nor Ryan had seen any of their friends they'd made in the incident with Flamma of the Right, and Ryan still didn't get out as much as she longed to. But, the good news was.. Things were much more peaceful, now. Balance was restored, Abraham was gone, and there weren't any Traitors running around killing people. That was definitely nice.

But, neither of the sisters had forgotten about their time in the Murder Game. In fact, far from it. Reece had been trying to look into the events more, now that she was aware of them, in search of a way to put them to a stop. It was a dream that would be incredibly hard to achieve... But the Light Caster was nothing if not determined. Of course, it was a bit hard to find information on the events - even the Lunae Libri lacked any books revolving around them.

So, when opportunity arose, the Sybil gladly took it - even if that opportunity came in quite the aggravating form.

---

It was a fairly nice day outside, but Ryan hardly noticed that. No, the blonde child that was now twelve years old was instead sitting in the living room of Ravenwood Manor, running her fingers over the blue fabric of her old cape in silence. With having not seen Kinuhata in two years, the cape was the only physical possession she had left from their time together, and as such, she treasured it dearly. It was the same case with the orange flower that she'd received from Ilona before the girl vanished, that she had kept for the entire time despite it having become old and withered.

Perhaps that was what Ryan was thinking about, as she gently felt over the blue fabric in her hands, tracing designs on it with her slender fingers. Her time in the Murder Game, and the friends that she ached so desperately to see again. But, if this was the case or not was unknown, because her train of thought was interrupted by a low, rumbling growl, followed by a loud bark, both coming from Boo Radley. The little blonde turned her head to look in the direction of the wolf to see why he was aggravated, only for her bright blue eyes to land on...

fbe1b7cf000346424c8141d3

"Ridley!"

Within moments, Ryan was on her feet and dashing towards the figure, practically tackling her. The person staggered, clearly surprised by Ryan's sudden action, but they managed to stay standing. Ryan hugged the older girl tightly, smiling widely despite herself. "You're alright," the girl murmured through the embrace, feeling so much better after getting those words out. Her sister was alright. All the worrying she'd been doing had been pointless, because Ridley was alright. There was a long silence, as though Ryan's sibling didn't know how to respond, before the Siren finally spoke. "...No need to act so surprised, Sis," she commented. "You know I could never leave you too long," she added, and Ryan felt the Siren ruffle her hair playfully. "What is the deal, anyways? You know your favorite sister can handle herself just fine."

Now, Ryan's smile faded, her expression growing a bit more serious as she reluctantly released Ridley from her embrace. "Rid... You were gone for over three months. Even Lena and Link didn't know where you were," she explained, quietly. "Momma and the others were starting to say yo-.." She didn't get the chance to finish.. And, admittedly, she was glad about that. "Sis, I will not be dying for a long time. Loosen up. I promise I will live to be at least two hundred and fifty, alright?"

That managed to bring Ryan's smile back.

Just about then, the younger of the two noticed something: there was an odd young wolf at Ridley's feet that she'd never seen before. Still smiling, Ryan crouched down, extending a cautious and friendly hand to the animal. "Aw.. Who's this?" she asked her sister, starting to scratch the canine behind his ears. "Ahh.. That's Achilles," her Dark sister stated, awkwardly. "Achilles?" Ryan repeated, smiling faintly. "Like, Achilles from Greek mythology?" she inquired, climbing back to her feet after petting the wolf a bit more. Ridley nodded in response. "You got it, Sis. Sounds like you have been spending too much time around Reece the Beas--"

"I'm right here, you know," Reece interjected with an annoyed tone from where she'd been watching her two sisters, listening in on their conversation. Being nosy was one of the things she did best, after all. Much to her annoyance, Ridley just grinned, opening her arms in a comedic gesture. "Ah, the Beast speaks! What, no hug for your sister? Or, I guess ex-sister is more accurate, considering you disowned me like the rest of the fam," the Siren quipped. This just made Reece roll her eyes with annoyance, shooting Ridley a pointed glare. "Oh, bite me," she snapped. "I missed you, too."

"Shut up."

Ryan was just watching the exchange with slight disappointment. She didn't care to see her sisters arguing, but before she could pipe up about it, Ridley had covered her ears with her hands. Ryan missed it, but Reece noted that this action was supposed to be mocking. "Aw, come on. I thought you knew better than to use such horrible language around poor, impressionable little Ryan," Ridley chided, playfully. The words only made Reece's frown deepen, though, and the Sybil wasted no time in getting right up close to her sister.. Before waving a hand over Ridley's face, making her features seem to ripple. Distort, in a way. Ridley blinked in surprise as this happened, dropping her hands away from Ryan's ears to instead swat Reece's hand away.

Reece hardly noticed, though - she was too drawn up in the effect her magic had had on Ridley's appearance.

Instead of Ridley's features briefly seeming comparable to those of Sarafine the Catalyst, as had happened the last time that Reece had used her ability on Ridley, she found herself surprised: Ridley's golden eyes- a trademark of a Dark Caster -turned a vivid shade of violet, making Reece fall silent out of shock.

a3bd217383857ab25d85eec5407c4705.png

"I understand that I am very attractive, Beast, but staring at me like that is a bit rude."

Normally, such a comment would've earned an aggravated response from Reece. Perhaps an insult, or Ridley simply being disregarded by her altogether. But, now, Reece couldn't do a thing. She was so shocked and caught off guard by the unexpected result of her magic that she couldn't even make a jab back at her sister, or even glare at her. No, all the Sybil could do was stare, even as the violet faded back to gold. Soon enough, though, the sound of the door opening seemed to pull Ridley's attention away, and she moved towards said door to investigate with Ryan at her heels, leaving Reece simply standing there, still in shock.

Purple eyes...? Casters don't get purple eyes. Even John, a hybrid, has no such thing. It's always simply green or gold. So why would my abilities reveal that from Ridley..? How is such a thing possible?

The thing was... Reece had seen much, much more than just Ridley's eyes shifting to violet within the period she'd been staring at the Siren for. She also saw something just as interesting, if not more so: her sister had been in a Murder Game. Been a traitor. Developed feelings for a man.

Suffice to say, Reece just developed a whole new interest in her younger sister - But she failed to realize there was something much more interesting lurking in the shadows of the small town known as Gatlin, South Carolina....

~And that was where things got weird~

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.