Status
Not open for further replies.
07d.png

"I hope you're not implying anything weird with that. Wouldn't want people to get the wrong idea. Onii-chan."

10af.png

"Either way, I suppose I should pride myself in my cuteness, huh?"

And then she cleared her throat.

01aw.png

"The Dress of Heaven is a garment that has been passed down from my ancestor, the co-founder of the Holy Grail War, Justeaze Lizrich von Einzbern. It is a Mystic Code that controls the heart of the Holy Grail. In short, if we can get back to the mansion where I'm sure to find it, and then find the source of the Holy Grail, we can put an end to it all. Sound good?"

@The Tactician @Nater Taters
"Like I said to the wonderful nuns we are having tea with, I only have eyes for Ciel-chan," for some reason, the grin and snicker that Minato spoke the words with did not help his case. However, he certainly wasn't lying, his changing expression to that of a warm smile being proof of it, "Besides, you're now my little sister, and nothing shall change that!"

"What a strange lad... Anyways," Robin stepped back in at that point, having listened along as Illya explained their goal, "So back to Fuyuki City then? I'm assuming that we're going to be facing more of Fiamma's men if we're to search the mansion once again..." His eyes glanced to Minato at that moment, an idea forming in his mind, "Minato, this Ciel girl that you are entangled with. She was in the city when we talked to the group at the church, correct?"

The Persona user tilted his head to the side, "So we should see if she can help... Along with her allies in the church? Might be a tall order, though maybe that Kotomine priest will be up for helping as well..."

"... You know Kotomine as well?" Both men suddenly shivered in disgust at the thought of the man, "Yes, while he may be... creepy, Kotomine will be a great fighter on our side. Hopefully he and Ciel will be up for helping us..."

@Verite @Nater Taters

Chapter Four
"This Illusion"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far
The voting session had been quite a chaotic one, even when compared to the turnabout results of the previous sessions. It had been a struggle between Kizaru and Raiden, the results wavering back and forth between them, while Ryuuko would get an unexpected rise in votes against her in the middle of it all as well.

Meanwhile, in the afterlife, a revelation would be made from Illya as they would discuss a way to end the Murder Game, formed by the Holy Grail War and World War III. She would reveal that the best way to destroy the Holy Grail and dispel the evil energy supplying the game would be to find something that she was in possession of. The Dress of Heaven.

With the votes all settled on Kizaru, it looked like things were hopefully not going to get any crazier than that. With that, Touma would move to the cube within the Core, clearing his throat.

tmi50.png

"W-Well, if that'll be it, I'll just go ahead and get us outta here like I promised. See you all on the other side... hopefully..." He murmured uneasily, before walking over to the cube and beginning to reach for it with his right hand. The mysterious Imagine Breaker.

"Just don't get us all killed," the old man named Zelretch spoke up, to which Rin would reply in a sudden bout of surprise.

03f.png

"Z-Zelretch? Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg, wielder of the Second Magic and creator of the Mystic Code, the real Jeweled Sword? Is that... you?"

Looked like she was a big fan.

Zelretch, in turn, would also recognize Rin, apparent from his smile, though it was also evident that the two of them had never actually met.

"Hm. With that affinity for red... you couldn't be anything other than a Tohsaka. Am I right?"

"Y-Yes! I'm a Tohsaka! I--"

Before Rin would be able to continue, a certain high-pitched sound would be heard. The sound of Touma's ability, Imagine Breaker, coming to use as it would come into contact with the mystical cube. Suddenly, the entire world began to rumble as though a massive earthquake had started, likely a result of Touma's interference with the nature of the world.

Before you all knew it, chunks of the ground would collapse and dissipate, falling into the darkness below as though you had all been standing on top of a giant jigsaw puzzle all this time. There was nowhere to go. Nowhere to flee to. Nowhere to climb atop.

Before you all knew it, the ground before you would collapse, as the whole world would effectively be erased.

- - -

The next thing you all knew, you would find yourself floating in a black space. Your bodies were surrounded by endless darkness. It was almost like you were dead, but the sensation of floating in an endless pool of nothingness felt... strangely real and vivid. You could pinch yourself and definitely feel it, so it could only mean you were well and conscious, right?

If so, then where was here?

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a giant red dot would appear below you, dripping a little with material that resembled blood. And then another would appear. The dots together would look like eyes, and then... a curve underneath. A curved line that resembled a smile.

A sick, horrifying smile, made up of blood.

rHzHQ6a.png

"WELCOME TO THE TATARI. YOU'RE IN MY WORLD NOW."

A hysterical, high-pitched male voice suddenly shrieked in your heads, potentially startling some of you, before your vision would seemingly leave you for a brief moment.

Did you lose consciousness again? Did you simply go blind? What the hell was going on?

- - -

1e737d2fb1d6ea137355c1e11083d284.png

When you would come to, you would find yourself in the middle of a city. Some of you might notice that Jason was missing, though then again, since he hadn't done anything notable ever since waking up at Einzbern Mansion, maybe you didn't notice. There was also Touma, who was totes more important, who also seemingly disappeared without a trace as well. Wherever could he be?

Well, anyway, judging from the buildings and the general structure of the city, you could assume that you were no longer in Fuyuki City, inexplicably enough, but at least it felt like you were in the "real" world again now, right?

Well... then again, what was that just now? With that voice that said you were all in "his" world?

And then it would be shown to you all.

500px-Melty_blood_Night_of_Wallachia_ending.png

In the sky, a giant, warped face would float above you all. A sick grin that almost seemed to mock you all. Wait, was that face... planted on the moon? Yes, it seemed that whoever the next troublemaker for you all was, it looked like he was able to create a bona fide weird, bloody, scary smiley face on the moon, so that you can see its pretty smile whenever you wanted to.

"HELLO, DEAR SUBJECTS. THIS PLANE OF EXISTENCE THAT YOU ARE INSIDE NOW, THE REALITY MARBLE KNOWN AS TATARI, IS MY WORLD. WITHIN IT, YOUR DEEPEST, DARKEST FEARS ARE REALITY. IT'LL BE A BLAST TO WATCH YOU ALL SQUIRM. DON'T DISAPPOINT ME NOW. KYAAHAHAHAAHA!" The voice screamed in your heads, like nails on a chalkboard.

"AND LET IT BE KNOWN THAT THIS IS THE WORK OF ME, THE HARBINGER OF YOUR SUFFERING, NIGHT OF WALLACHIA. IF YOU SOMEHOW MANAGE TO BRAVE THROUGH YOUR DARK FEARS, LET'S HOPE YOU CAN SURVIVE MY OWN PERSONAL WRATH. BUT ONLY IF YOU MANAGE TO FIND ME~"

With that, the voice of the individual who identified himself as "Night of Wallachia" stopped speaking, seeming to leave you to your own devices for now.

However, it should go without saying that you were being watched. Even without the strange voice in your head, even without the face on the moon, you could all just about feel the invisible eyes watching over you somewhere at all times. Each and every one of you.

No time like the present, eh?

Shrine Skyscraper

Back Alleys

Outskirts

Tag me for every event. I'll be soloing this one!

~CAST LIST~
@Bomb as Ethel and Karin (Fairy Fencer F)
@Gibbons as Gunha Sogiita (Raildex)
@C.T. as Ryuuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
@The Silver Paladin as Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
@Hospes as Reece "Annabel" Duchannes and Ryan Duchannes (Caster Chronicles)
@TheSpringwoodSlasher as Edward "Stubbs" Stubblefield (Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without A Pulse)
@DapperDogman as Ryner Lute (Legend of the Legendary Heroes)
@Gummi Bunnies as Erika Furudo and Battler Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Kori Ni)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@Crimson Spartan as Lon'qu and Donny (Fire Emblem)
@Krieg as Maxine Caulfield (Life Is Strange)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Cole (Dragon Age)
@Kaykay as Saiai Kinuhata (Raildex)
@Gen. Gwazi Senpai as Gilgamesh (Type-Moon)
@The Wailord's Insides as Daredevil and Elektra (Marvel Comics)
@Mari as Mari Kurihara (Prison School)
@El Tigre! as Satsuki Kiryuuin (Kill la Kill)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Eve (Black Cat) and Ilona (OC)
@CCC Kouhai as Bee (Bee and PuppyCat)
@york as Cinder Fall (RWBY)
@Josh M as Silk (Marvel Comics)
@Thuro The Assassin Potato as Cameron Phillips (Terminator) and Raiden (Metal Gear)
@Saint Guillotine as Furiosa (Mad Max)
@Atomyk as Mikoto Misaka (Raildex) and Sans the Skeleton (Undertale)
@coralprime as Papyrus the Skeleton (Undertale)
@OrlandoBloomers as Celty Sturluson (Durarara!!)
@Melon as Erik (Phantom of the Opera)

The Dead
@Verite as Illyasviel von Einzbern - DIED! INNOCENT! DEFEATED!
@Shattered♦Secrets™ as Ermac - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@The Tactician as Robin Tact and Minato Arisato - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BURNED TO A CRISP!
@BarrenThin as Frank Castle - MURDERED! INNOCENT! SKEWERED!
@ShiroKiyoshi as Sean Grant and Edispu - DIED! INNOCENT! BLASTED!
@Nater Taters as Kirby - MURDERED! INNOCENT! SLICED 'N DICED!
@Archwar as Jason - DIED! INNOCENT! LEFT BEHIND!

The Voted
@Wedge Antilles as Pyro - TRAITOR!
@Mighty Roman as Hector Barbossa and Mister Negative - INNOCENT!
@Jeremi as Borsalino "Kizaru" - UNKNOWN!

Annabeth gulped, and slipped Daedalus's laptop into her bag. She drew her knife. "F-fears?" she stammered nervously. The girl seemed terrified.

Percy however pulled Riptide out and uncapped it. "I'll protect you, Annabeth! We went through Tartarus together, this can't be any worse."

"Yes, but then we had Bob to protect us." she said.

"True, but now we have two friends! Right, Mari and John?" He gave a smile, and clutched Riptide. "Where shall we go?"

"Anywhere there's unlikely to be spiders." Annabeth said, calming down.

@Wedge Antilles @Mari @Anyone

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mari
Chapter Four
"This Illusion"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far
The voting session had been quite a chaotic one, even when compared to the turnabout results of the previous sessions. It had been a struggle between Kizaru and Raiden, the results wavering back and forth between them, while Ryuuko would get an unexpected rise in votes against her in the middle of it all as well.

Meanwhile, in the afterlife, a revelation would be made from Illya as they would discuss a way to end the Murder Game, formed by the Holy Grail War and World War III. She would reveal that the best way to destroy the Holy Grail and dispel the evil energy supplying the game would be to find something that she was in possession of. The Dress of Heaven.

With the votes all settled on Kizaru, it looked like things were hopefully not going to get any crazier than that. With that, Touma would move to the cube within the Core, clearing his throat.

tmi50.png

"W-Well, if that'll be it, I'll just go ahead and get us outta here like I promised. See you all on the other side... hopefully..." He murmured uneasily, before walking over to the cube and beginning to reach for it with his right hand. The mysterious Imagine Breaker.

"Just don't get us all killed," the old man named Zelretch spoke up, to which Rin would reply in a sudden bout of surprise.

03f.png

"Z-Zelretch? Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg, wielder of the Second Magic and creator of the Mystic Code, the real Jeweled Sword? Is that... you?"

Zelretch, in turn, would also recognize Rin, apparent from his smile, though it was also evident that the two of them had never actually met.

"Hm. With that affinity for red... you couldn't be anything other than a Tohsaka. Am I right?"

Before Rin would be able to continue, a certain high-pitched sound would be heard. The sound of Touma's ability, Imagine Breaker, coming to use as it would come into contact with the mystical cube. Suddenly, the entire world began to rumble as though a massive earthquake had started, likely a result of Touma's interference with the nature of the world.

Before you all knew it, chunks of the ground would collapse and dissipate, falling into the darkness below as though you had all been standing on top of a giant jigsaw puzzle all this time. There was nowhere to go. Nowhere to flee to. Nowhere to climb atop.

Before you all knew it, the ground before you would collapse, as the whole world would effectively be erased.

- - -

The next thing you all knew, you would find yourself floating in a black space. Your bodies were surrounded by endless darkness. It was almost like you were dead, but the sensation of floating in an endless pool of nothingness felt... strangely real and vivid. You could pinch yourself and definitely feel it, so it could only mean you were well and conscious, right?

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a giant red dot would appear below you, dripping a little with material that resembled blood. And then another would appear. The dots together would look like eyes, and then... a curve underneath. A curved line that resembled a smile.

rHzHQ6a.png

A hysterical, high-pitched male voice suddenly shrieked in your heads, potentially startling some of you, before your vision would seemingly leave you for a brief moment.

Did you lose consciousness again? Did you simply go blind? What the hell was going on?

- - -

When you would come to, you would find yourself in the middle of a city. Some of you might notice that Jason was missing, though then again, since he hadn't done anything notable ever since waking up at Einzbern Mansion, maybe you didn't notice. There was also Touma, who was totes more important, who also seemingly disappeared without a trace as well. Wherever could he be?

Well, anyway, judging from the buildings and the general structure of the city, you could assume that you were no longer in Fuyuki City, inexplicably enough, but at least it felt like you were in the "real" world again now, right?

Well... then again, what was that just now? With that voice that said you were all in "his" world?

In the sky, a giant, warped face would float above you all. A sick grin that almost seemed to mock you all. Wait, was that face... planted on the moon? Yes, it seemed that whoever the next troublemaker for you all was, it looked like he was able to create a bona fide weird, bloody, scary smiley face on the moon, so that you can see its pretty smile whenever you wanted to.

"HELLO, DEAR SUBJECTS. THIS PLANE OF EXISTENCE THAT YOU ARE INSIDE NOW, THE REALITY MARBLE KNOWN AS TATARI, IS MY WORLD. WITHIN IT, YOUR DEEPEST, DARKEST FEARS ARE REALITY. IT'LL BE A BLAST TO WATCH YOU ALL SQUIRM. DON'T DISAPPOINT ME NOW. KYAAHAHAHAAHA!" The voice screamed in your heads, like nails on a chalkboard.

"AND LET IT BE KNOWN THAT THIS IS THE WORK OF ME, THE HARBINGER OF YOUR SUFFERING, NIGHT OF WALLACHIA. IF YOU SOMEHOW MANAGE TO BRAVE THROUGH YOUR DARK FEARS, LET'S HOPE YOU CAN SURVIVE MY OWN PERSONAL WRATH. BUT ONLY IF YOU MANAGE TO FIND ME~"

With that, the voice of the individual who identified himself as "Night of Wallachia" stopped speaking, seeming to leave you to your own devices for now.

However, it should go without saying that you were being watched. Even without the strange voice in your head, even without the face on the moon, you could all just about feel the invisible eyes watching over you somewhere at all times. Each and every one of you.

Shrine Skyscraper

Back Alleys

Outskirts

~CAST LIST~
@TheSpringwoodSlasher as Edward "Stubbs" Stubblefield (Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without A Pulse)
@Thuro The Assassin Potato as Cameron Phillips (Terminator) and Raiden (Metal Gear)

The Dead
@The Tactician as Robin Tact and Minato Arisato - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BURNED TO A CRISP!

The Voted
Pq1cAFL.png

"Let's go, Karin." Ethel said, heading to the Skyscraper.

"Yes. Best of luck to you all." Karin said towards the others.

@Verite

Annabeth gulped, and slipped Daedalus's laptop into her bag. She drew her knife. "F-fears?" she stammered nervously. The girl seemed terrified.

Percy however pulled Riptide out and uncapped it. "I'll protect you, Annabeth! We went through Tartarus together, this can't be any worse."

"Yes, but then we had Bob to protect us." she said.

"True, but now we have two friends! Right, Mari and John?" He gave a smile, and clutched Riptide. "Where shall we go?"

"Anywhere there's unlikely to be spiders." Annabeth said, calming down.

@Wedge Antilles @Mari @Anyone

John shook his head. "I'm kind of like, just your bodyguard at this point. I don't have any opinion on where to go, I'll follow you three, and anybody else."

@The Silver Paladin @Mari

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mari
15b_b.png

"Here we go again..." Rin sighed as she would approach Kizaru, looking up at him. The man towered over the girl. It was enough that he was just about 8 feet tall, and that Rin in return was around 5'2, but even so, she didn't let that deter her.

At least, she made it look like it didn't.

"Alright. Let's get this over with. Whatever God out there knows that the sooner we're over with this, the better."

"Noch nicht einmal versuchen, es zu verstehen, hörst du!"

41-F15-13b-082.jpg

It looked like some sort of strange dojo. But it was not just any dojo. It was a Tiger Dojo.

"WELCOME TO THE TIGER DOJO, MAGGOT!" A strange female voice would suddenly screech, as though she were attempting to imitate a military drill sergeant that one would see in a movie or so.

And then she would appear.

01a.png

"YOU'RE IN THE TIGER DOJO NOW, Y'HEAR? WE'RE GONNA SHAPE YOU UP INTO A REAL MAN!" She roared, before suddenly breaking into a cough, as though the loud voice hurt her throat a little, which it kinda did. After clearing her throat, she would continue speaking, albeit this time in a more normal manner.

"Anyway... within this dojo, you may refer to me as Fujimura-dono, or Fuji-dono. Or Sensei. Whichever you prefer," she said, calming down a bit, "Before we start, do you understand why you are here, sir?"

@Jeremi

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
Chapter Four
"This Illusion"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far

tmi50.png

03f.png

- - -

rHzHQ6a.png

- - -

Shrine Skyscraper

Back Alleys

Outskirts

~CAST LIST~

The Dead

The Voted
latest

"Great.....I've been dealing with my own fear this entire time...."

"Well I guess it's time to confront 'em. You ready Lon'qu...?"

"Always"

Well before they'd choose a path Lon'qu wanted to see if Saber was around or not. He figured his time her would draw to an end soon and wanted to spend as much time as he could with her.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Those around.

Chapter Four
"This Illusion"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far

tmi50.png

03f.png

- - -

rHzHQ6a.png

- - -

Shrine Skyscraper

Back Alleys

Outskirts

~CAST LIST~

The Dead

The Voted

Before Stubbs could get any kind of response from Ryner, he'd glance over at Kizaru. Apparently the tall guy had ended up gathering most of the votes after all. Maybe they'd catch another one of those murderers or maybe he was innocent. Didn't matter one way or the other to Stubbs as long as he himself stayed in one piece until all of them were found.

"Gah!" The zombie shrieked as the ground began to crumble under him and soon there would have been no where for the zombie to stand. He seemed to be floating along with the others in what seemed to be some kind of entirely black void. He hated to admit it but it brought back some rather unsavory memories. For when he first met his end on the mortal coil. Everything was quiet, black, and he was so alone. What had only been twenty years felt like an eternity when you could not say anything, see anything, or do anything.

As the smile and eyes made up of blood showed itself, the zombie's concern of this being death was brushed away. He hadn't seen anything like this when he died. Probably wasn't the most pleasant things to see when you were just floating around in some black shapeless space.

As the damn thing finally seemed to stop chattering, the zombie and the others would have ended up in yet anoter new location. Apparently was that smiley face's reality or something, the zombie had only been paying half-attention. Just keep meandering about until you found something that looked important.

Normally, this would have been an easy task to accomplish. But as he reached for another cigarette, Stubbs blinked as he looked under his hat. Where had his last cigarette gone?! He may have been dead but those things helped ease the mood when he was getting decapitated by a broad who says she's King Arthur or having a hole blasted trhough you by some kinda magician?! Wait, back before everything collapsed. He was about to confront that Ryner guy and he flicked his last cigarette away.

His last cigarette. He doubted any of the others here smoked or if they did, they wouldn't want to share with a rotting corpse. Balling his hands up into fists, the zombie's frame shuddered with raw anger at what he had foolishly done. He couldn't eat anyone's brains lest he risk giving Mari some justification to point towards him being a zombie as reason enough to be a killer. But he had to take his anger out on something! Shambling over to the back alleys, Stubbs glanced at the closest wall and turned the brim of his hat to the side ever so slightly.

"Braaaaaains!"

The sound of bones cracking and tearing through rotten flesh that was too weak to support it rang out. Looking limply down at his ruined hand as the bone was now clearly poking through the skin, the zombie gripped the hand and swiftly ripped it off with a yank. Punching a wall had a lesser effect than Stubbs thought it would have, mainly due to the fact that the pain from doing so wasn't really there on Stubb's end, due to y'knw being dead and all. But as the hand hit the floor, just as had happened back in Illya's manor, the hand balanced on it's fingers in a similar manner to a spider and quickly scrambled after the zombie who was very pleased with the company he was going to apparently have while exploring this place. That old guy who shoved a gun in his face. Welp, if they were going to be roaming around here then might a well try to break the ice.

Turning towards Frank as he shambled along, Stubbs slowly turned and held up his remaining hand as the other one continued to walk behind Frank. Flashing a smile as best as he could, the zombie waved.

"H.....I....."

latest

Just look at that grin. After that was done, he'd mimic the gesture of using a cigarette and then nodded towards Frank. "Brains?"(You got a light, Gramps?)

As for Lon'qu and Saber? The servant turned towards the warrior with a look of curiosity on her face.

"Stuck as we are in this place, where would you see fit to go, Lon'qu? Donny? I can't exactly say any of these options seem too appealing.."

@Crimson Spartan @BarrenThin @Verite.

Chapter Four
"This Illusion"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far

tmi50.png

03f.png

- - -

rHzHQ6a.png

- - -

Shrine Skyscraper

Back Alleys

Outskirts

~CAST LIST~

The Dead

The Voted
"Whew." Ryuko blew out one long breath, pulling away from the Max hug(pleased that one blue haired delinquent got to comfort the poor photographer). "Glad that nonsense is over, one way or another." She flashed a grin. "For the record, the right choice was made as far as I'm concerned. So thanks for that." She nodded appreciatively, falling into silence as she watched the others.

And then she really was falling. The darkness enveloped her, all of them swallowed up in it. Didn't matter which way she looked, it was all consuming. Then it wasn't. A gigantic red dot popped into sight, quickly followed by another. The long lilting curve came not long after. It was a giant bloody face, grinning like an idiot. She opened her mouth to try to speak...and instead thrashed outwards, the horrible buzzing noise scratching into her skull, taking her vision with it.

Temporarily.

When she got her sight back, she found she was in another city yet again. Not Fuyuki as far as she could tell from the architecture. And not...with that giant face. Looming over them all constantly, a sick smile. The scratchy voice echoed again, practically bouncing off the inner walls of her head. "How annoying." She simply spat out in reply to his little spiel. "You have no idea how sick I am of speeches."

KSZpVWY.jpg

"Good freaking luck trying to scare me."

Ryuko jammed her hands into her pockets and strolling off for the outskirts.

@Verite

Before Stubbs could get any kind of response from Ryner, he'd glance over at Kizaru. Apparently the tall guy had ended up gathering most of the votes after all. Maybe they'd catch another one of those murderers or maybe he was innocent. Didn't matter one way or the other to Stubbs as long as he himself stayed in one piece until all of them were found.

"Gah!" The zombie shrieked as the ground began to crumble under him and soon there would have been no where for the zombie to stand. He seemed to be floating along with the others in what seemed to be some kind of entirely black void. He hated to admit it but it brought back some rather unsavory memories. For when he first met his end on the mortal coil. Everything was quiet, black, and he was so alone. What had only been twenty years felt like an eternity when you could not say anything, see anything, or do anything.

As the smile and eyes made up of blood showed itself, the zombie's concern of this being death was brushed away. He hadn't seen anything like this when he died. Probably wasn't the most pleasant things to see when you were just floating around in some black shapeless space.

As the damn thing finally seemed to stop chattering, the zombie and the others would have ended up in yet anoter new location. Apparently was that smiley face's reality or something, the zombie had only been paying half-attention. Just keep meandering about until you found something that looked important.

Normally, this would have been an easy task to accomplish. But as he reached for another cigarette, Stubbs blinked as he looked under his hat. Where had his last cigarette gone?! He may have been dead but those things helped ease the mood when he was getting decapitated by a broad who says she's King Arthur or having a hole blasted trhough you by some kinda magician?! Wait, back before everything collapsed. He was about to confront that Ryner guy and he flicked his last cigarette away.

His last cigarette. He doubted any of the others here smoked or if they did, they wouldn't want to share with a rotting corpse. Balling his hands up into fists, the zombie's frame shuddered with raw anger at what he had foolishly done. He couldn't eat anyone's brains lest he risk giving Mari some justification to point towards him being a zombie as reason enough to be a killer. But he had to take his anger out on something! Shambling over to the back alleys, Stubbs glanced at the closest wall and turned the brim of his hat to the side ever so slightly.

"Braaaaaains!"

The sound of bones cracking and tearing through rotten flesh that was too weak to support it rang out. Looking limply down at his ruined hand as the bone was now clearly poking through the skin, the zombie gripped the hand and swiftly ripped it off with a yank. Punching a wall had a lesser effect than Stubbs thought it would have, mainly due to the fact that the pain from doing so wasn't really there on Stubb's end, due to y'knw being dead and all. But as the hand hit the floor, just as had happened back in Illya's manor, the hand balanced on it's fingers in a similar manner to a spider and quickly scrambled after the zombie who was very pleased with the company he was going to apparently have while exploring this place. That old guy who shoved a gun in his face. Welp, if they were going to be roaming around here then might a well try to break the ice.

Turning towards Frank as he shambled along, Stubbs slowly turned and held up his remaining hand as the other one continued to walk behind Frank. Flashing a smile as best as he could, the zombie waved.

"H.....I....."

latest

Just look at that grin. After that was done, he'd mimic the gesture of using a cigarette and then nodded towards Frank. "Brains?"(You got a light, Gramps?)

As for Lon'qu and Saber? The servant turned towards the warrior with a look of curiosity on her face.

"Stuck as we are in this place, where would you see fit to go, Lon'qu? Donny? I can't exactly say any of these options seem too appealing.."

Frank looked at the zombie and actually smiled, waving at him. Stubbs hadn't eaten anyone. He was even trying to talk. That earned him some points in Frank's book. "Sorry... I lost all my stuff when I died. Don't even have a gun anymore." He shifted, then slowed down to walk with the zombie. "I should say that I'm... sorry... for almost shooting you. I don't have the best experience with the Undead, but... you've been less harmful to the group than some of the humans!" The old man managed a laugh, despite how obviously tired he was.

"I don't know if you've done anything in the past, but... from your actions in this game, I'd rather have you with me than a lot of these people." Nothing like someone who couldn't actually respond to get him really talking, it seemed.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher
@Verite

Misaka felt like she was going to be sick. She could feel an unpleasant wave of nausea wash over her body as Touma destroyed the core and sent them flying into a whole new world. Her head felt heavy with questions, her body going cold as the bloody face appeared before her. Where were they now? Where were they before? Everything seemed to a jumbled mess of random encounters, like a chaotic storm perpetually in motion. Misaka at least knew that her actions weren't futile, having been given hope by one Touma Kamijou. It didn't matter what happened or how it happened-- Misaka just needed to survive until she arrived back home.

... She was going to have to ask Saten for help with those cookies, wasn't she?

Except... "Ugh, where'd he go? Did he just..." Looking around at her new surroundings, Misaka felt like they were in a world that felt normal, but the city seemed different. Looking around at the others standing close by, Misaka couldn't spot the boy. "That's just like him, isn't it?" Letting out a breath of disappointment, Misaka put her cap back on, trying to not look upset by Touma's disappearance.

She wasn't scared of the bloody face in the sky, even as it screamed inside her head. Whatever fear of hers it hoped to make use of, Misaka knew she had more than enough power to deal with it. Sans also looked pretty okay with the latest developments, but he was always smiling, wasn't he?

djltDgq.jpg

whatever you say, bud.

... i guess we gotta face the facts, huh?

Misaka decided this city was a bust, and so made her way toward the outskirts.

@Verite

DZqz2EB.gif

Aw, that was cute! The voice thought he had the ability to scare Gilgamesh. It was time for this voice to be proven wrong, though the group still knew little about their situation so Gilgamesh decided to go where the most information was likely to be found. So he spoke up announcing publicly "While you are standing about I shall go to the Shrine Skyscraper!". He turned to his so-far companions asking "Let's go if you wish" before he began walking off in that direction, not really waiting to see if anyone else did intend to follow or not.

@Verite @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @Thuro The Assassin Potato

"Then, let's head to the Skyscraper Shrine. Seems safe enough." Percy said. Annabeth just nodded and shifted her backpack.

@Verite @Mari

John chimed in on Percy's suggestion. "Yeah, that sounds as good a place as any. Let's go, guys!"

He then looked to Mari, just before setting his feet into motion, just to make sure she was okay with going to the Skyscraper Shrine. "You okay with that, Mari?", he asked. "We got this. Four of us teenagers, they won't know what hit 'em."

@The Silver Paladin @Mari @Verite

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mari and Minerva
Cole followed the others to the back alley

His eyes darted across the skies as he walked, a calm frown on his face as he listened to a song only he could hear

"Questions, solutions, thousands of futures predicted and discovered in noble halls, till one answer given that was never wanted to be known. The impossible was sought, and an impossibility was found. But not the right one. He is very dangerous"

@BarrenThin @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Verite

"Braaaaaains!"

"H.....I....."

latest

"...I don't like this.... But what if we try tho outsk-" Lon'qu would speak but was cut off by Gilgamesh.
DZqz2EB.gif

Aw, that was cute! The voice thought he had the ability to scare Gilgamesh. It was time for this voice to be proven wrong, though the group still knew little about their situation so Gilgamesh decided to go where the most information was likely to be found. So he spoke up announcing publicly "While you are standing about I shall go to the Shrine Skyscraper!". He turned to his so-far companions asking "Let's go if you wish" before he began walking off in that direction, not really waiting to see if anyone else did intend to follow or not.

@Verite @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @Thuro The Assassin Potato
"So we go with the powerful yet arrogant 'king of heroes' or go our own way. Personally i'd go for The Outskirts but if you want to keep an eye on Gilgamesh Saber....Then we shall go with him..." Lon'qu would say to Saber thinking this over while Donny waited for an answer.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Gen. Gwazi Senpai

tumblr_ns2gsxF2cg1qcxzu2o1_500.gif

I...

The world around Max danced and sung, a blur of color and a symphony of voices crashing against her. Yet, in the midst of the banter, only the ghastly whispers of Arcadia Bay fully were intelligible to her. Sitting upon her knees, feeling two arms wrapped around her by Ryuko, the doe-eyed teenager could only look at the other teenager. With eyes of clear blue lost and dazed, Max's sorrow vanished, yet in it's steed, the horrific reins of apathy reigned supreme. Eyes blazed red from irritation and cheeks glossed with the fresh passing of tears were still written on the Caulfield's soft face, yet, her trembling lip straighten, eyes flatly resting.

I-I k-i...l-lled t-them....

Soon, Ryuko herself would presumably feel two hands around her own wrists, trying to vainly pry the embrace away. The photographer slowly then began to arise, adjusting her slacking hoodie, hands tightening into fists. As the others fought for their selfish or selfless reasons, Max stood, feeling herself as to be the villain of this story, the one whom ought to be cast cold and barren into the streets. Like in Arcadia Bay, like in Seattle, she felt as if she was but a watcher, either through the lens of a camera or the reflection of a mirror. She now saw many things, from humble afternoons of a chilly, autumn afternoon to the fires of a realm hellishly ravaged soaring into the brimstone skies. Ye, Max felt as if she held the eyes not of herself anymore, but of a warm shadow- of a God.

F-For..w-what? F-For...Ch..C-Chloe. C-Chloe, o-oh god, Chloe. Please, tell me you are somewhere.

"I-I..I..."

Max could not finish her sentence aloud, the world shifting anew, forces of darkness and strife closing in on her and the others. Lights danced, of red and white, another realm for a deranged deity to find amusement in. For Max, she had grown used to it, yet not adapted to it, as with time travel. It drained and chipped away at her, the unnatural disasters replaying in her mind, reminding her of the future she could see. Not all of the answers were laid in front of her, a'ye, but the pieces were finally connected and a portrait of herself was finally conjured.

A portrait of a warm shadow.

---

I-I killed...t-them...

Her feet pushed her forwards, one step after the other, heart racing. Her camera slapping against her back, sweat rolling down her forehead, Max was one of the first conscious and the first to explore this demented world. A droning strumming of a guitar echoed in her head, reminding her of times when she could just idly do novelty hobbies such as video games, movies, and photography. Part of her wished she had never stepped foot in Arcadia Bay again, falling into the inevitable Alice's rabbit hole that it would bring. If only Max, hell, reality itself would understand what would be awaiting.

Nearly tripping over her shoes, hearing the others grow closer, Max kept sprinting and pushing forwards, her lanky body unable to withstand this full-fledge sprint of shame and guilt. Her convictions and sins rested upon her shoulders, a weight she cannot bear. With waters rising around her and the burden of sacrifice echoing to her, Max bit her lower lip, feeling the tears pour once more. As much as she wept, as much as she recalled the burning memories, she could not admit she did not see it forecoming. In the end, destiny always wins, and only denying it will lead to death and destruction. Heading towards the Outskirts, Max hoped to exile herself, having peered finally into Pandora's Box.

I-Im s-so s-sorry C-Chloe...I-I'm s-so sorr-ry...e-eve..ryone...

@Verite @C.T. @Outskirts

Reactions: Chewy Rabbits

Frank looked at the zombie and actually smiled, waving at him. Stubbs hadn't eaten anyone. He was even trying to talk. That earned him some points in Frank's book. "Sorry... I lost all my stuff when I died. Don't even have a gun anymore." He shifted, then slowed down to walk with the zombie. "I should say that I'm... sorry... for almost shooting you. I don't have the best experience with the Undead, but... you've been less harmful to the group than some of the humans!" The old man managed a laugh, despite how obviously tired he was.

"I don't know if you've done anything in the past, but... from your actions in this game, I'd rather have you with me than a lot of these people." Nothing like someone who couldn't actually respond to get him really talking, it seemed.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher
@Verite
That hadn't been the reaction Stubbs was expecting. He kept the smile up for a little bit longer before he let his muscles relax as he nodded. Losing the last of his cigarettes was still one of his pet peeves but if the old guy didn't have any, then he didn't have any.

"O....K." The zombie gave a thumbs up of acknowledgment before he shrugged his shoulders to show it was no big deal. Most zombies didn't have the gift of intelligence that Stubbs was 'blessed' with. Not that he'd necessarily call being a shambling corpse who munched on brains a blessing. But it was leagues above being buried underground in pitch darkness. That said, it was the humans who launched the first attack on Stubbs. He probably would have eaten some brains anyway but not right off the bat at least. Them giving Stubbs a chance might have also avoided the city being nuked but that wasn't Stubb's problem.

Before the zombie could try to say anymore, his severed hand which had been following along behind him quickly raced up his back and onto his shoulder. Looking over his shoulder to see what could have possibly spooked his hand to such a degree, he noted it was that guy with the nice hat from earlier. The one who seemed to have some idea of the people Stubbs killed on his path to finding Maggie.

"Grrr..." The growl was a warning enough to show that Stubbs had no real inclination to be pals with Cole. Least not after how their last talk went. Which was the zombie complimenting Cole's hat only for Cole to take said compliment and note that he'd like to kill Stubbs, most likely for the brains he ate. Though in fairenss, Cole had been polite enough to at least take into consideration the fact that he was indeed wearing a very nice hat. But he already had to deal with one anti-zombie person, he didn't need one who seemed like he'd follow up his words were the situation different.

@BarrenThin @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Verite

images

"I believe I'd had enough time spent in the 'King' of Heros's company to last a million lifetimes. But, you raise a good point Lon'qu. If something were to happen like it did back with Caster then we must be ready to stop it. Or try to do what we can in any case." She still didn't have a full grasp of what had happened down there but she knew Gilgamesh was hiding something and she desired to find out what that was.

@Crimson Spartan

Cole followed the others to the back alley

His eyes darted across the skies as he walked, a calm frown on his face as he listened to a song only he could hear

"Questions, solutions, thousands of futures predicted and discovered in noble halls, till one answer given that was never wanted to be known. The impossible was sought, and an impossibility was found. But not the right one. He is very dangerous"

@BarrenThin @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Verite

Frank blinked at him a few times, then shrugged. Ah, well. He was used to people like Wade Wilson. A little crazy wasn't so bad. And the news that Stubbs was dangerous wasn't exactly news.
That hadn't been the reaction Stubbs was expecting. He kept the smile up for a little bit longer before he let his muscles relax as he nodded. Losing the last of his cigarettes was still one of his pet peeves but if the old guy didn't have any, then he didn't have any.

"O....K." The zombie gave a thumbs up of acknowledgment before he shrugged his shoulders to show it was no big deal. Most zombies didn't have the gift of intelligence that Stubbs was 'blessed' with. Not that he'd necessarily call being a shambling corpse who munched on brains a blessing. But it was leagues above being buried underground in pitch darkness. That said, it was the humans who launched the first attack on Stubbs. He probably would have eaten some brains anyway but not right off the bat at least. Them giving Stubbs a chance might have also avoided the city being nuked but that wasn't Stubb's problem.

Before the zombie could try to say anymore, his severed hand which had been following along behind him quickly raced up his back and onto his shoulder. Looking over his shoulder to see what could have possibly spooked his hand to such a degree, he noted it was that guy with the nice hat from earlier. The one who seemed to have some idea of the people Stubbs killed on his path to finding Maggie.

"Grrr..." The growl was a warning enough to show that Stubbs had no real inclination to be pals with Cole. Least not after how their last talk went. Which was the zombie complimenting Cole's hat only for Cole to take said compliment and note that he'd like to kill Stubbs, most likely for the brains he ate. Though in fairenss, Cole had been polite enough to at least take into consideration the fact that he was indeed wearing a very nice hat. But he already had to deal with one anti-zombie person, he didn't need one who seemed like he'd follow up his words were the situation different.

images

"I believe I'd had enough time spent in the 'King' of Heros's company to last a million lifetimes. But, you raise a good point Lon'qu. If something were to happen like it did back with Caster then we must be ready to stop it. Or try to do what we can in any case." She still didn't have a full grasp of what had happened down there but she knew Gilgamesh was hiding something and she desired to find out what that was.

@Crimson Spartan

This reaction caught his attention, but for now, he remained silent.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
@TheSpringwoodSlasher

Chapter Four
"This Illusion"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far

tmi50.png

03f.png

- - -

rHzHQ6a.png

- - -

Shrine Skyscraper

Back Alleys

Outskirts

~CAST LIST~

The Dead

The Voted
Cinder Fall
@Verite @Outskirts People
tumblr_inline_neegc8omto1sk47ji.png

"Ugh... I'd take the moon I know over this any day..." Cinder muttered, looking around every now and then, trying not to let the feeling that she was being watched bother her as she remembered that crazy voting session, and the lively disccussion it provoked... She hadn't voted yet as she had no definite answer on who did what, or at least not one that would immediately come to her, but... Perhaps it was time to take risks, otherwise things might end really badly for her, and everyone else too in all actuality. With a shrug, she shook off such thoughts for now, and headed off to the Outskirts.

images

@Crimson Spartan
lon_qu_by_bakaarts-d7rrki1.jpg

"About that.....It was what I wish to speak with you about earlier.... I don't know the full story but according to that 'Caster' person Gilgamesh did some 'experiments'...that he had tried to pin on her.... I can't even think of the atrocities committed down there but I regret letting Donny spear Caster..."

"None of it was right and I regret lettin' Gilgamesh kill her but I had to try and get Lon'qu out of there...."

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

Status
Not open for further replies.