Status
Not open for further replies.
Kizaru would disappear only to emerge behind Ryner and swiftly kicked him in the head to stop any further destruction. "Man...what a chore this turned out to be..."

@CCC Kouhai @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Verite @DapperDogman @C.T. @Arena peeps
The male falls face first into the ground, bodily reflex thankfully closing his eyes as he hit the floor with a thud, groaning gently

"I take it we won" he mutters, muffled by the ground, not moving from his position, face down on the floor "Yay us"

He slowly stands, dusting himself off and rubbing his nose gently "And you didn't have to kill me when I used my power, that's a big plus"

In regard to Ryuko, he'd crack a small chuckle "Oh, you know, unlimited amounts of destructive power, the ability to become a god of annihilation and instantly destroy anything I want...but at the cost of my own free will while it's active...it's why I gave the speedy one the advice I did...shut my eyes, cuts off my power and brings me back to my senses..."

"Y'know, nothing special"

@CCC Kouhai @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Verite @Jeremi @C.T. @Arena peeps​

tumblr_inline_navtwcOfvu1sfvecc.jpg

"Thank you, Miss Orsola, and yes, Robin and Arisato, though his first name is Minato," The tactician explained with a grin as he took a seat at the table and reached for a crumpet. As he pulled over the butter and began spreading it on his food, he nodded along as Illya spoke, "Agreed. Hopefully, this won't keep happening before we get finish with our task..." He hated being thrown into stranger and stranger places, especially when it messed with any plans he had made. Mostly because it usually landed him in a Murder Game.

-SiHYhxfhOkkLfu07QClI7QZWAxX1_sRI5oK4ELb6lg

"You look cute, Miss Illya," Minato praised before sipping at a cup of tea he had poured. For a few moments, he listened as Cromwell seemed to be angrier and angrier at the person on the other side of the phone before speaking up, "Looks like we're not getting those tools anytime soon. Perverts who enjoy brothels usually take awhile to finish up at one." At least if they were anything like the monk the teen had been friends with in Tatsumi Port Island. I wonder if his family reunion went well...
01f.png

"Is that so? Thanks, Minato. I'm just glad it's getting cold anyway with the coming season, so it's not like I'd stick out if I were to go out... And sticking out is the last thing we need right now," Illya spoke.

"Don't mind her. She's a little clueless when it comes to anything that doesn't have to do with magic," Cromwell replied to Minato on the side.

"T-That's not true! I know plenty outside of magic, like um... ah..." The voice on the other side of the phone stammered.

"Just make sure to clean up after you're done, Far East Girl."

"I'm not that kind of girl!! First, Tsuchimikado tells me to dress up as that Fallen Ero Maid! Now you're telling me you think I--"

Click.

"Jeez, what a pain..." Cromwell muttered, having hung up on Kanzaki and going back to sipping tea by herself.

"A-Anyway..." The nun named Orsola said with something of a sweatdrop, "You said something about... wishing to avoid attention?"

@The Tactician

Last edited:
05az.png

"Is that so? Thanks, Minato. I'm just glad it's getting cold anyway with the coming season, so it's not like I'd stick out if I were to go out... And sticking out is the last thing we need right now," Illya spoke.

"Don't mind her. She's a little clueless when it comes to anything that doesn't have to do with magic," Cromwell replied to Minato on the side.

"T-That's not true! I know plenty outside of magic, like um... ah..." The voice on the other side of the phone stammered.

"Just make sure to clean up after you're done, Far East Girl."

"I'm not that kind of girl!! First, Tsuchimikado tells me to dress up as that Fallen Ero Maid! Now you're telling me you think I--"

Click.

"Jeez, what a pain..." Cromwell muttered, having hung up on Kanzaki and going back to sipping tea by herself.

"A-Anyway..." The nun named Orsola said with something of a sweatdrop, "You said something about... wishing to avoid attention?"

@The Tactician
UN-JAF1QuOinGerVhhnrUWdruPr8Iur1ZdS1lXSqZUo

"Guess I'm not getting those tools anytime soon... Ciel's going to be pissed that I'm just sitting around..."

tumblr_inline_navtwsLMfw1sfvecc.jpg

"Yes, well... You see, people from Academy City... Well, the dark side, that is, don't want us to complete our task. Apparently, they're working for this Fiamma fellow, the one who is responsible for the trouble that led to us three meeting and agreeing to work together."

UN-JAF1QuOinGerVhhnrUWdruPr8Iur1ZdS1lXSqZUo

"Guess I'm not getting those tools anytime soon... Ciel's going to be pissed that I'm just sitting around..."

tumblr_inline_navtwsLMfw1sfvecc.jpg

"Yes, well... You see, people from Academy City... Well, the dark side, that is, don't want us to complete our task. Apparently, they're working for this Fiamma fellow, the one who is responsible for the trouble that led to us three meeting and agreeing to work together."
"Fiamma...?" Orsola questioned, before a frown would emerge on her lips, as though concerned. Cromwell also frowned when the name was mentioned, seemingly aware of who Robin was referring to.

"You don't mean... Fiamma of the Right? As in, the leader of God's Right Seat?"

@The Tactician

"Fiamma...?" Orsola questioned, before a frown would emerge on her lips, as though concerned. Cromwell also frowned when the name was mentioned, seemingly aware of who Robin was referring to.

"You don't mean... Fiamma of the Right? As in, the leader of God's Right Seat?"

@The Tactician
WC_PwuAgEU2nNG9Eub395lsIXtIUb352xfwXHF31Hnc

Minato lowered his cup to the table with a frown, "Yeah... He's been causing us a lot of trouble... He forced us into a Murder Game, which is a horrible spectacle. I'm guessing you guys don't really like him either?"

@Verite

tmi100.png

"Well... Could you be careful with that thing? You were lucky you had other people around to stop you before you hurt yourself or something," Touma sighed, before standing up and looking down at Misaka, offering his left hand to her.

tmi91.png

"You alright, Biri Biri? Seeing you get hurt when I'm around is the last thing on my to-do list."

There might have been a flag somewhere there.

"Anyway... Thanks for the help, you guys. Crazy girl was chasing me around like a predator for some time. I just hope she was as artificial as this world," He sighed, running a hand through his spiky hair briefly, "In any case, we should probably get out of here. And try to find the core or center of this world or whatever, and I'll be able to get us outta here."

@Atomyk @DapperDogman @C.T. @CCC Kouhai @Krieg @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Arena

Last edited:
Reactions: DapperDogman
"The answer is correct. As for it's easy nature, that is something that cannot be given a sufficient answer. Perhaps the creators simply did not think those that found themselves standing here would be worth the time and effort of a long and drawn out process? It cannot be said for sure. But in any case, you draw closer to the true Core. The next question is as follows. What is the next number in the following set? 21, 18, 16, 15, 15, 16."

"Feel free to take as much time as you need to formulate an answer or shout out all at once. It will then be processed and depending on if you're capable of answering this, you'll find what you came here to see."
tumblr_m2hba0Rxw11qflc3ro1_500.gif

Gilgamesh couldn't believe how easy these questions were as he answered "It's 18! Are your creators truly this ignorant?". Though of course Gilgamesh was to busy thinking the Machine some sort of clueless mongrel to imagine that this may be a set-up.​

8x8zjsY.png

With help from the guides that you would find throughout the Academy, it wasn't too hard to locate the Library nearby. Once you would reach the place, you would be greeted to the tranquil, seemingly pristine room. Shelves and bookcases filled up the room, full of countless books and whatnot, ranging from fiction to reference and everything in between.

"Hmm... quite small for a library if you ask me..." The old man mumbled as he looked around.

What he was looking for wasn't any book though. He was looking for an answer.

Approaching the computer, he'd turn it on, poking the button with his walking stick. As the machine would boot up, text would materialize on the otherwise black screen.

This world is made up of data. In every sense, it is comprised of data. It runs on it, is fueled by it, uses it. In this Artificial Moon Cell, the speculative and imaginative nature of magecraft has become outdated. It has become banal and irrelevant. Overshadowed by the more practical workings of science. Mathematics. Things that every world can run on.

This is the world of the Seraph Phantasm.

To discover the secret of this pocket world, give me some data I can process.

3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 21

Which number is missing from the set?

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Gibbons @Academy
Cinder Fall
@Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Gibbons @People At Academy
tumblr_inline_neegbjx3c01sk47ji.png

Cinder frowned, 9 seemed like the most plausible answer, but, she thought again, after a moment, the conclusion dawned upon her... The answer was 19, it seemed like the most plausible answer given the set pattern "It's 19." she said simply, though, despite her confidence, there was a slim chance that she was wrong...​

8x8zjsY.png

With help from the guides that you would find throughout the Academy, it wasn't too hard to locate the Library nearby. Once you would reach the place, you would be greeted to the tranquil, seemingly pristine room. Shelves and bookcases filled up the room, full of countless books and whatnot, ranging from fiction to reference and everything in between.

"Hmm... quite small for a library if you ask me..." The old man mumbled as he looked around.

What he was looking for wasn't any book though. He was looking for an answer.

Approaching the computer, he'd turn it on, poking the button with his walking stick. As the machine would boot up, text would materialize on the otherwise black screen.

This world is made up of data. In every sense, it is comprised of data. It runs on it, is fueled by it, uses it. In this Artificial Moon Cell, the speculative and imaginative nature of magecraft has become outdated. It has become banal and irrelevant. Overshadowed by the more practical workings of science. Mathematics. Things that every world can run on.

This is the world of the Seraph Phantasm.

To discover the secret of this pocket world, give me some data I can process.

3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 21

Which number is missing from the set?

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Gibbons @Academy
N+2, N+2, N+4, N+2, N+2, N+6. Didn't seem like anything was missing as that could make a pattern in itself. So maybe insert an N+4 in place of the N+6 to keep the first pattern.

"19," she agreed with Cinder.

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Gibbons

Cinder Fall
@Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Gibbons @People At Academy
tumblr_inline_neegbjx3c01sk47ji.png

Cinder frowned, 9 seemed like the most plausible answer, but, she thought again, after a moment, the conclusion dawned upon her... The answer was 19, it seemed like the most plausible answer given the set pattern "It's 19." she said simply, though, despite her confidence, there was a slim chance that she was wrong...​
N+2, N+2, N+4, N+2, N+2, N+6. Didn't seem like anything was missing as that could make a pattern in itself. So maybe insert an N+4 in place of the N+6 to keep the first pattern.

"19," she agreed with Cinder.

Bingo.

With an affirmative beep, the computer's screen would flash a little, before going from black to white, and displaying some more text. Looked like Cinder got it right.

The basis of all knowledge. The basis of all data. The origin of this world is located in the Core. The cube of reality. The Seraph Phantasm. That is what it is called. The Seraph Phantasm is the center of this world, and this entire world is shaped around it. If it were to be destroyed, results are unknown. And it is unwise to test out the theory. The core is protected by a number of guards, as well as security questions, should any of the primitive creatures go rogue and try something.

Fortunately, it cannot be destroyed by most conventional means. Something on the scale of a planet destroyer+ might be able to work, but testing that theory, of course, is ill-advised.

latest

"Hmph, alright. We're getting somewhere," the man said, pleased with the development, his eyes glowing red as he spoke, before reading the rest of the text and frowning, "... Any of you folks happen to be able to destroy a planet? And focus all that power onto a cube and not the entire world itself?"

In any case, it looked like you found the "source."

Before long, even more text would appear.

Warning. Keep away from the recent aberration. Data reports indicate a human boy with the ability to dispel creations of data. Last seen in the Arena. Suggested action: dispatch him with Passionlip.

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gibbons @york @Academy

tmi91.png

"Well... Could you be careful with that thing? You were lucky you had other people around to stop you before you hurt yourself or something," Touma sighed, before standing up and looking down at Misaka, offering his left hand to her.

tmi100.png

"You alright, Biri Biri? Seeing you get hurt when I'm around is the last thing on my to-do list."

There might have been a flag somewhere there.

"Anyway... Thanks for the help, you guys. Crazy girl was chasing me around like a predator for some time. I just hope she was as artificial as this world," He sighed, running a hand through his spiky hair briefly, "In any case, we should probably get out of here. And try to find the core or center of this world or whatever, and I'll be able to get us outta here."

@Atomyk @DapperDogman @C.T. @CCC Kouhai @Krieg @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Arena
Ryner yawns and points to Kizaru "I told him to get you all away, he's the one who didn't listen"

"Can't expect me to sit about and wait forever for you guys to stop gawking...She nearly killed me"

He stretches out and shrugs "Maybe next time I will just die..."

"It would save me a lot of effort, after all..."

Bingo.

With an affirmative beep, the computer's screen would flash a little, before going from black to white, and displaying some more text. Looked like Cinder got it right.

The basis of all knowledge. The basis of all data. The origin of this world is located in the Core. The cube of reality. The Seraph Phantasm. That is what it is called. The Seraph Phantasm is the center of this world, and this entire world is shaped around it. If it were to be destroyed, results are unknown. And it is unwise to test out the theory. The core is protected by a number of guards, as well as security questions, should any of the primitive creatures go rogue and try something.

Fortunately, it cannot be destroyed by most conventional means. Something on the scale of a planet destroyer+ might be able to work, but testing that theory, of course, is ill-advised.

latest

"Hmph, alright. We're getting somewhere," the man said, pleased with the development, his eyes glowing red as he spoke, before reading the rest of the text and frowning, "... Any of you folks happen to be able to destroy a planet? And focus all that power onto a cube and not the entire world itself?"

Warning. Keep away from the recent aberration. Data reports indicate a human boy with the ability to dispel creations of data. Last seen in the Arena. Suggested action: dispatch him with Passionlip.

1PfYAMB.gif

That seemed like a pretty dumb question. "Do I super look like I could break a planet?"

Lifting and throwing a car was one thing. Destroying a planet was a little beyond that.

Bingo.

latest

Gunha didn't bother answering the machine's question, since he didn't really have a clue to the answer anyway. But just sending force at something? That seemed simple enough.
"I'll never know if I never try!"

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @york

Lon'qu.png

"Maybe this 'core' has something we need....Like vital information to this situation..."

"Was it really all that bad be to be suspicious of the situation? I mean back home when a solution seemed simple it really wasn't."

"Then again Donny... Most of those situations were in war..... War is never simple no matter how you look at it." Lon'qu points out before he backed away slightly from the group. So many females and he wasn't sure if Saber was still around or not.

@Mari @The Silver Paladin @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Wedge Antilles @TheSpringwoodSlasher

John listened to the guy's words. "Well, I know a mutant, similar to me... she's never what she seems", he mused, speaking of the Brotherhood's Raven Darkholme, also known as Mystique. "But obvious or not, we take what we can get, especially if it's easy. If it's a trap..."

He then looked at Mari, hoping that it wasn't a trap of some sort. "We react and do what we can. That's all we can do." He laughed a bit as he added one more thing.

Pyro_x2.jpg

"Besides, we got quite a bit of... firepower on our side. We can do this."

@Crimson Spartan @Mari @The Silver Paladin @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @TheSpringwoodSlasher

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mari
Bingo.

latest

Cinder Fall
@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gibbons @Verite @People At Academy
tumblr_inline_neegbwZUAU1sk47ji.png

"Hmph... Never tried..." Cinder mused to herself, she did have some incredible power in her, but, she also knew even dust had it's limits... But, could dust destroy a planet? She was almost curious if she should test it out, but, decided to refrain, for rather obvious reasons... Looking at the text on the computer, she became just a bit more curious "Passionlip? Is that some code name?" she asked, cocking her head, even in that context, it still sounded a bit... Out of the ordinary for her.

John listened to the guy's words. "Well, I know a mutant, similar to me... she's never what she seems", he mused, speaking of the Brotherhood's Raven Darkholme, also known as Mystique. "But obvious or not, we take what we can get, especially if it's easy. If it's a trap..."

He then looked at Mari, hoping that it wasn't a trap of some sort. "We react and do what we can. That's all we can do." He laughed a bit as he added one more thing.

Pyro_x2.jpg

"Besides, we got quite a bit of... firepower on our side. We can do this."

@Crimson Spartan @Mari @The Silver Paladin @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @TheSpringwoodSlasher
Mari giggled at John, Pyro's statement. She then controlled herself. "Yes, we do have a good group here. Mostly good, that is." She blushed, wondering what had gotten over her now, to be giggling uncontrollably at the words from a guy her age or approximately her age. in her mind, she thought... what had become of her, had she somehow become infatuated with the guy?

@Wedge Antilles @Crimson Spartan @The Silver Paladin @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @TheSpringwoodSlasher

• Love
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Ryner yawns and points to Kizaru "I told him to get you all away, he's the one who didn't listen"

"Can't expect me to sit about and wait forever for you guys to stop gawking...She nearly killed me"

He stretches out and shrugs "Maybe next time I will just die..."

"It would save me a lot of effort, after all..."

"Eeeeh...so melodramatic..." Kizaru quipped. "I probably would've killed you if I knew what would happen..."

He'd look around before scratching his cheek not quite sure what to do next. "So...what should we do now...?"

@CCC Kouhai @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Verite @DapperDogman @C.T. @Arena

"Eeeeh...so melodramatic..." Kizaru quipped. "I probably would've killed you if I knew what would happen..."

He'd look around before scratching his cheek not quite sure what to do next. "So...what should we do now...?"

@CCC Kouhai @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Verite @DapperDogman @C.T. @Arena
"Eeeh... Well, like I said, I might be able to get you guys out if we can find the Core. If you guys would happen to know where that is, then we should get a move on," Touma spoke, dusting off his hands and helping Misaka to her feet.

Assuming she'd accept his help. Which, in hindsight, was unlikely, considering how touchy she had been.

He would talk to her about it, but... hmm.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @DapperDogman @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @CCC Kouhai @Krieg @Arena​

Last edited:
"Eeeh... Well, like I said, I might be able to get you guys out if we can find the Core. If you guys would happen to know where that is, then we should get a move on," Touma spoke, dusting off his hands and helping Misaka to her feet.

Assuming she'd accept his help. Which, in hindsight, was unlikely, considering how touchy she had been.

He would talk to her about it, but... hmm.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @DapperDogman @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T @CCC Kouhai @Krieg @Arena​

"Hmm...nope, sorry."

Misaka grunted as she roughly pulled away from Touma. Her face was still hot with embarrassment and the girl was too humiliated to say anything for the moment. She needed to wait a moment for when Touma and herself could be alone.

Sans stuffed his hands into his pockets and nodded back the way they came.

syhck4h.jpg

kid's dropping some pretty big hints that we should head back.

qAowe10.jpg

y'know, this core sounds like a pretty nice place. you think there might be a restaurant inside?

Misaka crossed her arms and tried not to look anyone in the eye. "Let's... go then..."

@DapperDogman @Verite @Jeremi @Krieg @CrunchyCHEEZIT @CCC Kouhai @C.T. @Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.