• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The old man just grunted in confirmation.

@Verite
@The Tactician
Both Robin and Minato nodded and began to walk in the direction Illya went, the tactician offering his hand to her so that she wouldn't fall and get hurt. Hopefully, this long trudge wouldn't end badly for them or be in the wrong direction.

@BarrenThin @Verite
With the group making their way through the quiet, empty forest, where not even any animals or insects would be found, the trip was eerily silent, though not too quiet to the point that one would feel like they were being watched.

At least, not yet.

Eventually, after what seemed to be at least a half-hour with no visible progress being made, Illya would speak up, her young voice breaking the silence.

06i.png

"Mmph. My legs hurt. I'm too tired to walk any more," she complained, "Someone, let me ride on your back. I could use a rest, and we don't have to waste any more time resting."

And then, something strange would happen.

Suddenly, Illya's body would suddenly glow with a strange energy. Robin and Minato might recognize the energy as the same kind of light that shone when Fiamma of the Right used his so called "Right Hand of the Crimson Moon" to transport them to Academy City. Markings on her body reminiscent of the red "Command Seal" on Kotomine's arm, usually obscured by his robes, would appear, shining brightly, but seemingly out of her control.

"Ech... I feel strange. Do I have something on my face?"

Looked like she didn't notice just yet.

@BarrenThin @The Tactician

Last edited:
With the group making their way through the quiet, empty forest, where not even any animals or insects would be found, the trip was eerily silent, though not too quiet to the point that one would feel like they were being watched.

At least, not yet.

Eventually, after what seemed to be at least a half-hour with no visible progress being made, Illya would speak up, her young voice breaking the silence.

07d.png

"Mmph. My legs hurt. I'm too tired to walk any more," she complained, "Someone, let me ride on your back. I could use a rest, and we don't have to waste any more time resting."

Suddenly, Illya's body would suddenly glow with a strange energy. Robin and Minato might recognize the energy as the same kind of light that shone when Fiamma of the Right used his so called "Right Hand of the Crimson Moon" to transport them to Academy City. Markings on her body reminiscent of the red "Command Seal" on Kotomine's arm, usually obscured by his robes, would appear, shining brightly, but seemingly out of her control.

02d.png

PsRE8IuJYGIabUDwERE6QExvFnsSulCsJoyRX94kR3g

"... You don't feel the magic flowing, do ya? You've got strange markings on your skin now."

tumblr_inline_navtwhqI311sfvecc.jpg

"Should we take care of that before or after the piggy back ride?"

@BarrenThin @Verite

"Wonderful. We don't have any time to waste then. The sooner we find what's keeping us here, the better," Zelretch spoke, before the old man would lead you all inside the academy.

mFtyJ61.png

When you would all walk inside, you would find that the place was, just like back in the other world, somewhat empty. At least, that was what it seemed like for now. Other than the strange hum in the background that had been present ever since you got here, the only sounds audible for the moment were your footsteps and the tapping of Zelretch's walking stick on the ground.

From around the corner, however, you would be stopped by a number of strange looking creatures, floating in the air.

zQpxQHf.png

It was difficult to tell initially, but it seemed that they noticed you upon looking in your direction. Wasting no time, they began flying towards you, both of them blasting what appeared to be energy beams at you all!

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gibbons @york @Academy
Not wanting to waste any time, Kinuhata attempted to side step the beams before rushing in to strike one of the strange creatures with her fist, powered with a mass of compressed nitrogen.

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gibbons @Verite

latest

As you would follow the strange woman who had so suddenly appeared in the place of Touma, who had claimed that he could potentially get you all out of this strange place, you would find yourself in a deeper part of the Arena. You would pass by a sign that read "Chimeric Lunar Seas: Round 1" while doing so.

Before long, however, before you could catch up to the woman, two strange creatures would suddenly appear in front of you, forcing you to stop as the woman continued to flee until she gravitated out of your sight.

AKGsvYE.png

Without even hesitating for a moment, the first creature would leap towards you and smash its rocky arms in your direction. If it would hit the ground, the force would be enough to cause the platform you were standing on to shake, as though it caused a small quake, while the other creature swooped around you all at high speeds in the air, quickly firing energy projectiles at you all!

@DapperDogman @Jeremi @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Krieg @CCC Kouhai @C.T. @Arena

As the chase happened Kizaru would have calmly stood by while everyone else was scrambling to capture the woma. Using his powers he'd once again change in a beam of light to chase her stopping when the two creatures would attack.

As the bigger creature tried to slam the ground it would find its attacked blocked by Kizaru and his leg. "I'm sorry but we're in a hurry...I guess that means you'll have to die..."

His leg would shine bright before he blasted the creature with a combination of quick kicks and a laser barrage.

@DapperDogman @Verite @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Krieg @CCC Kouhai @C.T. @Arena

tumblr_nrle0t6T0M1rhbrrvo1_500.gif

"Easy or not, getting the answer correct is a critical step in the right direction", Mari said, as the others seemed to have said the apparent answer and she did not feel a need to simply repeat it because the others were. "Let us just hope we are able to succeed on the next one as well", she added, as she awaited what would come next.​

John looked at the Japanese girl and nodded. "Yeah, not much sense in all of us saying the same answer. Next!"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mari
John looked at the Japanese girl and nodded. "Yeah, not much sense in all of us saying the same answer. Next!"
To this, Mari felt she had to reply, as his statement was deserving of a response. And not just to agree, as he had agreed with her statement. It also helped that they seemed to be just standing around waiting to see what would happen next at this time...

tumblr_ntf9zzNCR71sg8uefo5_250.gif

"Yes, it is a rather mindless exercise to simply repeat answers as if saying it more frequently would somehow make the case a stronger one", she said. She looked at the young man, he seemed a little more... mature in his ways than his appearance seemed to indicate. Maturity was a good thing, especially in a situation like this. She added more to her response.

"For someone guilty of killing, you are a rather... interesting person."

@Wedge Antilles @core​

• Thank You
Reactions: Poe Dameron
To this, Mari felt she had to reply, as his statement was deserving of a response. And not just to agree, as he had agreed with her statement. It also helped that they seemed to be just standing around waiting to see what would happen next at this time...

tumblr_ntf9zzNCR71sg8uefo5_250.gif

"Yes, it is a rather mindless exercise to simply repeat answers as if saying it more frequently would somehow make the case a stronger one", she said. She looked at the young man, he seemed a little more... mature in his ways than his appearance seemed to indicate. Maturity was a good thing, especially in a situation like this. She added more to her response.

"For someone guilty of killing, you are a rather... interesting person."

@Wedge Antilles @core​

John shook his head at Mari's assessment of him. "No, man. Nothing interesting about me. I mean, I wasn't exactly forced into being a traitor, I took it like fool because I thought it would be... well, fun. Something different, you know? Like, in my place, or where I came from, I'm put into this school, Xavier's school, where we all do... good. Even for those who don't deserve it, we risk our lives, risk everything." He was looking down at his feet when speaking at this point... but he then lifted his head, and looked at Mari Kurihara.

X21.png

"But you, you're like... strong, even though you don't possess powers, do you? You have a way with words, with action. That's real. That's power."

He smiled. "And you're pretty, wow. That's all like, too much for a normal human being, huh? Maybe that's your mutant power?"

@Mari

• Love
John shook his head at Mari's assessment of him. "No, man. Nothing interesting about me. I mean, I wasn't exactly forced into being a traitor, I took it like fool because I thought it would be... well, fun. Something different, you know? Like, in my place, or where I came from, I'm put into this school, Xavier's school, where we all do... good. Even for those who don't deserve it, we risk our lives, risk everything." He was looking down at his feet when speaking at this point... but he then lifted his head, and looked at Mari Kurihara.

X21.png

"But you, you're like... strong, even though you don't possess powers, do you? You have a way with words, with action. That's real. That's power."

He smiled. "And you're pretty, wow. That's all like, too much for a normal human being, huh? Maybe that's your mutant power?"

@Mari
Mari felt a little nervous, a little embarrassed by the guy's words. By her nature she was distrusting of males, especially the younger ones, who seemed to only have their minds focused on taking advantage of females like herself. She felt not much different about this one, John, the one known as Pyro.

But his words... if they were all sincere, they were truly the right words to Mari.

"You are too kind," she said to John, "the others don't believe me, they tend to disagree so quickly with me however, they would rather side with that dead creature than myself. I do not believe that is a true sign of power, though your vision may be blurred by your own gift with heat." She smiled, as if she could not help it. "And you are right, I possess no power like most of you do. Just my own mind, and a stubborn vision that can not be changed by any man or woman."

@Wedge Antilles @core

• Bucket of Rainbows
John grinned. Mari was even more similar to him that she realized, and he was only starting to realize it now himself. He shook his head. "That just means they're threatened, feel threatened, they don't want to fall under your lead. I mean, back at the school I have Drake always disagreeing with me, though we're pretty tight otherwise." He saw how similar they were now, and felt compelled to take things a step further. Would she agree though? He never let any doubt stop him before though, so he wasn't about to let it stop him now... even with the companionship of a pretty lady at stake.

"We should stick together. You can trust me, I couldn't kill another soul if I wanted to, that was the condition under which I was returned here. I'll help. Especially you, Mari, I'll help."

@Mari

• Love
latest

As you would follow the strange woman who had so suddenly appeared in the place of Touma, who had claimed that he could potentially get you all out of this strange place, you would find yourself in a deeper part of the Arena. You would pass by a sign that read "Chimeric Lunar Seas: Round 1" while doing so.

Before long, however, before you could catch up to the woman, two strange creatures would suddenly appear in front of you, forcing you to stop as the woman continued to flee until she gravitated out of your sight.

AKGsvYE.png

Without even hesitating for a moment, the first creature would leap towards you and smash its rocky arms in your direction. If it would hit the ground, the force would be enough to cause the platform you were standing on to shake, as though it caused a small quake, while the other creature swooped around you all at high speeds in the air, quickly firing energy projectiles at you all!

@DapperDogman @Jeremi @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Krieg @CCC Kouhai @C.T. @Arena
As Kizaru would have already dealt with the large creature, Ryner chants once more "What I seek is the burning field, Kurenai!"
Ryner opened a palm, a disc of blue appearing as he sprays out a wide field of intense heat, aiming to blanket the air with flames, to help prevent the smaller creature from dodging his attacks

latest

@Verite @Arena peeps​

John grinned. Mari was even more similar to him that she realized, and he was only starting to realize it now himself. He shook his head. "That just means they're threatened, feel threatened, they don't want to fall under your lead. I mean, back at the school I have Drake always disagreeing with me, though we're pretty tight otherwise." He saw how similar they were now, and felt compelled to take things a step further. Would she agree though? He never let any doubt stop him before though, so he wasn't about to let it stop him now... even with the companionship of a pretty lady at stake.

"We should stick together. You can trust me, I couldn't kill another soul if I wanted to, that was the condition under which I was returned here. I'll help. Especially you, Mari, I'll help."

@Mari

This was a new development for Mari to deal with. This was not like Kiyoshi's dealings with her back at the academy... John was quite different, and strangely despite his status, or former status, he was... respectable, possibly even more trustworthy now than most others. Though she was naturally built to distrust a young male like John, everything by his behavior since returning to the group, and everything indicated by his words, especially these latest words... made her believe.

"Only if my companions, Annabeth and Percy, agree that we should all stick together", she said, looking at them for their opinion, and possibly approval, now. She agreed, though she found a way to quietly say so without being so obvious. It was her way, after all, to disguise her true feelings and intentions.

@Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin @core

This was a new development for Mari to deal with. This was not like Kiyoshi's dealings with her back at the academy... John was quite different, and strangely despite his status, or former status, he was... respectable, possibly even more trustworthy now than most others. Though she was naturally built to distrust a young male like John, everything by his behavior since returning to the group, and everything indicated by his words, especially these latest words... made her believe.

"Only if my companions, Annabeth and Percy, agree that we should all stick together", she said, looking at them for their opinion, and possibly approval, now. She agreed, though she found a way to quietly say so without being so obvious. It was her way, after all, to disguise her true feelings and intentions.

@Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin @core

Annabeth nodded. "Sure." She said. "He can come with us."

Percy wasn't paying attention, but he probably would have said something about quests and three people. He obeyed rules like that.

"Welcome, John." Annabethq said with a smile.

@Wedge Antilles

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Annabeth nodded. "Sure." She said. "He can come with us."

Percy wasn't paying attention, but he probably would have said something about quests and three people. He obeyed rules like that.

"Welcome, Alex." Annabeth said with a smile.

@Wedge Antilles
Mari smiled and nodded to Annabeth. "John is thankful for your acceptance", she said, before John could answer to her by himself. She said it so quickly without thinking as well, and then after she had said it... she wondered why she did that? Was it an indication that she cared that much about the approval or Annabeth and Percy? She smiled to herself and shook her head... no, that could not be it... could it?

@The Silver Paladin @Wedge Antilles

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
"Wonderful. We don't have any time to waste then. The sooner we find what's keeping us here, the better," Zelretch spoke, before the old man would lead you all inside the academy.

mFtyJ61.png

When you would all walk inside, you would find that the place was, just like back in the other world, somewhat empty. At least, that was what it seemed like for now. Other than the strange hum in the background that had been present ever since you got here, the only sounds audible for the moment were your footsteps and the tapping of Zelretch's walking stick on the ground.

From around the corner, however, you would be stopped by a number of strange looking creatures, floating in the air.

zQpxQHf.png

It was difficult to tell initially, but it seemed that they noticed you upon looking in your direction. Wasting no time, they began flying towards you, both of them blasting what appeared to be energy beams at you all!

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gibbons @york @Academy
"That won't stop me!" Gunha shouted while attempting to punch an energy beam coming at him away and into the ground.

@Verite @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york

Not wanting to waste any time, Kinuhata attempted to side step the beams before rushing in to strike one of the strange creatures with her fist, powered with a mass of compressed nitrogen.

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gibbons @Verite
"That won't stop me!" Gunha shouted while attempting to punch an energy beam coming at him away and into the ground.

@Verite @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york
As Gunha would punch out one of the energy beams that had been fired at him, the red creature would take this opportunity to fly towards you at transonic speeds around the same time with the intent of catching him off guard and colliding into him, attempting to grab him with its tendril and slam him into the nearby wall!

Meanwhile, the blue creature swiftly evaded Kinuhata's punch, going ahead and going for a counterattack, thrusting its arms forward like blades and attempting to impale the young girl in the shoulders!

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Kaykay @Gibbons @Academy

At least, not yet.

07d.png

02d.png

Frank was about to cave and let the girl ride on his back when the marks appeared. They froze him in his tracks. "Ah, Hell..."

The old man reluctantly got ready to fight, if need be. "You feeling okay, Illya?"

@Verite
@The Tactician

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank was about to cave and let the girl fuse ride on his back when the marks appeared. They froze him in his tracks. "Ah, Hell..."

The old man reluctantly got ready to fight, if need be. "You feeling okay, Illya?"

@Verite
@The Tactician

"... You don't feel the magic flowing, do ya? You've got strange markings on your skin now."

tumblr_inline_navtwhqI311sfvecc.jpg

"Should we take care of that before or after the piggy back ride?"

@BarrenThin @Verite
"Strange markings...?" Illya blinked, before looking at herself, before her expression would change that of a surprised one, "M-My Command Seal... Even though Berserker is gone, it's still reacting. This shouldn't be happening. Unless..." She trailed off, as though attempting to gather the words in her head.

"It's a side-effect of the power Fiamma of the Right used on us to transport us to Academy City, Robin, Minato."

Before she could explain further, the markings would dissipate, and her body would seem to return to normal, except for one thing. Her chest seemed to be glowing with the light Robin and Minato would find familiar.

The power of what that man called the Right Hand of the Crimson Moon.

"I... I think I understand what this is," Illya murmured, quickly attempting to make sense out of all this, "Though that magician didn't mean for it to happen, it seems that I've become... "infected" with a fragment of his power. I'm not sure about its exact limits, but if I had to guess... I might be able to send one of you back to the rest of the group," she spoke, holding her chin in thought.

"I could do it to Mr. Castle, or if I try, I could do it for up to two people; specifically Robin and Minato-san," she said, looking at you all, "I'll understand if you believe it is of vital importance to return to the rest of those Murder Game participants, though again, I can't send all three of you back. So you can choose; keep going with me or return to wherever your allies are. If you keep with me, the journey might be less than pleasing. That Kishima mentioned that part of ending this phenomena involved destroying the Holy Grail, and I just might have a plan about that..."

// If both of you decide you wish to return, then you'll have to roll a die out of 6 for it. Whoever gets the higher number will have their character(s) returned to the main game. If you end up with a tie, simply roll another die. Hey, that rhymed.​

Last edited:
"Strange markings...?" Illya blinked, before looking at herself, before her expression would change that of a surprised one, "M-My Command Seal... Even though Berserker is gone, it's still reacting. This shouldn't be happening. Unless..." She trailed off, as though attempting to gather the words in her head.

"It's a side-effect of the power Fiamma of the Right used on us to transport us to Academy City, Robin, Minato."

Before she could explain further, the markings would dissipate, and her body would seem to return to normal, except for one thing. Her chest seemed to be glowing with the light Robin and Minato would find familiar.

01aat.png

"I... I think I understand what this is," Illya murmured, quickly attempting to make sense out of all this, "Though that magician didn't mean for it to happen, it seems that I've become... "infected" with a fragment of his power. I'm not sure about its exact limits, but if I had to guess... I might be able to send one of you back to the rest of the group," she spoke, holding her chin in thought.

"I could do it to Mr. Castle, or if I try, I could do it for up to two people; specifically Robin and Minato-san," she said, looking at you all, "I'll understand if you believe it is of vital importance to return to the rest of those Murder Game participants, though again, I can't send all three of you back. So you can choose; keep going with me or return to wherever your allies are. If you keep with me, the journey might be less than pleasing. That Kishima mentioned that part of ending this phenomena involved destroying the Holy Grail, and I just might have a plan about that..."

// If both of you decide you wish to return, then you'll have to roll a die out of 6 for it. Whoever gets the higher number will have their character(s) returned to the main game. If you end up with a tie, simply roll another die. Hey, that rhymed.​

Frank hesitated briefly. He thought of Rin, Kinuhata and Ryan. He wanted to help them. But he also thought of Erika. She was hurt by Robin's death. He thought of that girl Minato befriended. The old man shook his head. "You two should go. I'll stay." He rocked back on his heels. "Just... keep Rin, Ryan and Kinu safe, okay?" He smiled weakly. "I have unfinished business here. I'm gonna make sure Kakine stays dead this time."

@Verite
@The Tactician

As Kizaru would have already dealt with the large creature, Ryner chants once more "What I seek is the burning field, Kurenai!"
Ryner opened a palm, a disc of blue appearing as he sprays out a wide field of intense heat, aiming to blanket the air with flames, to help prevent the smaller creature from dodging his attacks

latest

@Verite @Arena peeps​

Between Kizaru and Ryner the creatures didn't stand a chance against the onslaught they face and would be quickly vanquished. "What a let down...they looked so scary too..." Kizaru lamented.

The group would start off again down the area and would soon enough find the mystery girl slumped down in the middle of the arena.

Was she...crying?

Suddenly her head would rise and turn towards the group. She'd let out a yelp and quickly get up to her feet. "P-please...I don't...want to hurt you...I-I-I-it was an accident! Mother told me...I've been following Touma...h-he's mine! I h-had to take him. I love him so so much!" The look in her eyes...while she spoke of love her face was one of madness. "Mother told...me to get rid of any intruders...I must kill you...Sorry."

@DapperDogman @Verite @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Krieg @CCC Kouhai @C.T. @Arena

01aat.png

Frank hesitated briefly. He thought of Rin, Kinuhata and Ryan. He wanted to help them. But he also thought of Erika. She was hurt by Robin's death. He thought of that girl Minato befriended. The old man shook his head. "You two should go. I'll stay." He rocked back on his heels. "Just... keep Rin, Ryan and Kinu safe, okay?" He smiled weakly. "I have unfinished business here. I'm gonna make sure Kakine stays dead this time."

@Verite
@The Tactician

Minato sighed as they were presented with a difficult decision. While it would be great to return to the group and perhaps reunite with Ciel and his new friends, could they really just abandon Castle and Illya, especially when they were heading off to Fuyuki to destroy the Grail? Even if Castle was a great warrior and Illya was a mage, neither were in the best physical shape from his guesses. All Minato needed was a gun, and he could summon a Persona to bolster their numbers from three to four, so why shouldn't he stay?

"Not to sound ungrateful, Mister Castle... But, sir, I think it might be better if you head back. The girls seem to trust you better, and Illya won't be tired out sending two people back. Besides, I can summon another... person to help us..." Minato didn't feel he needed to explain what he meant, and instead rubbed the back of his neck as he waited for the response, "Plus, four will do better than two..."

tumblr_inline_navtwqs2iO1sfvecc.jpg

"He makes a sound argument, Frank," Robin added solemnly, trying to keep his sense of duty superior to his desire to see Erika again, "This is a dangerous task and a larger group that isn't tired from teleporting too many people away will be better off. Besides... We can't allow personal feelings decide if we go back or not. Even if they did..." His fist clenched as he reached a resolution in deciding if he would stay, "Erika would want me to do what I feel is right... And protecting her from afar like this is what is right."

@BarrenThin @Verite

Status
Not open for further replies.