Status
Not open for further replies.
As Miles would approach the elevator to the Unitas Executive Offices, he would hear the clap of high heels behind him. When he turned around, he would see the receptionist behind him.

"I'm coming with you to see Miss Adler." She said. "Whether you like it, or not. I wI'll be watching you, just know that. I will be behind you the whole time, to see if you are really trouble." She pulled out an ID Card.

"That, and the fact that you need this to get up to that floor." She said.

@Mighty Roman @Unitas.

As Miles would approach the elevator to the Unitas Executive Offices, he would hear the clap of high heels behind him. When he turned around, he would see the receptionist behind him.

"I'm coming with you to see Miss Adler." She said. "Whether you like it, or not. I wI'll be watching you, just know that. I will be behind you the whole time, to see if you are really trouble." She pulled out an ID Card.

"That, and the fact that you need this to get up to that floor." She said.

@Mighty Roman @Unitas.
Miles nodded. 'Me? Trouble? Never. I'm a delight once you get to know me.' said Miles, flippantly. If he had backup, he'd have broken the secretaries' nose, pushed her out of the lift, and visited Adler on his own. He'd done something with a teacher at his old high school once. Or was it a shop worker? Well, as a member of the Clowns, some of his adventures tended to get mixed up at times.

But for now, he just had to grin and bear it, as he stepped into the lift.
@The Silver Paladin @Unitas

People often hate and fear Dr Kim. They still work for her, because she's the largest entity in the world. Bigger than the governments, bigger than the other Megacorporations, and bigger than the UN.

People don't know that she actually cares for her employees, and the others. She provides medical help to the poor, and to war torn areas. She opens Street Clinics to help people. She speaks to almost all of her employees, and listens to them. Kim doesn't buy up Minor Corporations, but instead works with them. She creates her own, and she keeps the world economy stable. Kim was actually a good person. She had escaped the Korean Unification Conflict, and later aided South Korean soldiers and North Korean refugees in reunifying Korea. She's kind, yet people fear her. She's caring, yet strict.

In the elevator, a familiar song would play:

When you reached the top floor, Marble columns would greet you. The room was immaculate. The Kitsune stepped out of the elevator.

"She's down this way." The Kitsune said, pointing down the hallway.

Following the marble columns, you would be led to a door, and inside was a small office that seemed to counteract everything you had seen:

WEReG8B.jpg

It still consisted of top of the line items, and behind the servers and computers and various medical equipment was a large floor to ceiling window overlooking the city:

9daf281feb1ccd92a4bb9ecea72c677c.jpg

You were overlooking the Omnidyne-Cross Arcology. The world's largest Arcology.

Kim sat at her desk straightening her blouse, and trying to get it to fit over her, you know. She had tossed her lab coat to the back of another chair.

She was chewing on a pen and checking her phone as well

images

"So, you're finally here?" She asked.

The Kitsune stood at the door, and looked a bit scared as to what was going to happen.

@Atomyk @york @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detective @Omnidyne-Cross @This is it
Hanako Musoka
@Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detective @Omnidyne-Cross @Others

Hanako sort of nodded meekly, cocking his head to one side a little "Yup... All of us I guess..." he said, giving his best attempt at sounding professional, but, well, failing at it really, and isntead... He unintentionally came off sounding slightly haughty, or, well, perhaps, just a little "out of it" to say the least.

Natsuki nodded weakly before closing her eyes, falling unconscious.

"...You're not on any illegal substances, are you?"

But at Akane's suggestion, he looked at the code again. Yup, that was right. "...Oh."

He changed the 3 to a 4, ran it again, and the elevator door opened. Assuming they used it to get to the CEO room, they'd meet a boy there.

17471327463f9e439ec84253402d2745.jpg

"Hello there."

@Verite @Jeremi
061.png

"Hands in the air. Don't make any sudden movements," Akane said immediately upon spotting the young man, holding up Natsuki in one arm while holding her Dominator in the other, "Tell me... You wouldn't just so happen to be the CEO of the Shiawase Corporation, would you, sir? Because that man happens to be under arrest right now."

@Kaykay @Jeremi

Miles nodded. 'Me? Trouble? Never. I'm a delight once you get to know me.' said Miles, flippantly. If he had backup, he'd have broken the secretaries' nose, pushed her out of the lift, and visited Adler on his own. He'd done something with a teacher at his old high school once. Or was it a shop worker? Well, as a member of the Clowns, some of his adventures tended to get mixed up at times.

But for now, he just had to grin and bear it, as he stepped into the lift.
@The Silver Paladin @Unitas

The elevator would make its way up incredibly fast, and you would find yourself on a glass enclosed mezzanine overlooking the 100 floors below you. You could barely see the bottom floors!

The Secretary would go over to a door, and buzz it.

Finally, Annaliesia would come out of it.

ZQsiT2s.png

"Let me guess. You're from the UN. Come in. Come in!" She motioned.

Meiko was surprised at this event. So the big bad guy had a little daughter? She found that interesting. She wondered if the one of her companions who was threatening the Ekaterina man was going to continue to do so.

Meiko, on the other hand, she would try to make use of the situation as much as possible. She would talk to the little girl. She kneeled down and talked to her. "Well Kiku, I love your outfit as well! Do you have any dolls or toys we could both play with? Things are so serious here, I could use some play time! Do you agree?"

@The Silver Paladin @Cromartie Sarkissian @DapperDogman

Kiku nodded. "Yeah, this is kind of boring. I don't know what I was thinking." The sixteen year old girl got onto her feet, and pulled some toys from her backpack. They seemed high tech and fancy, but easy to learn.

"These are experimental prototypes. You want to go try them?" She said a bit excitedly.

Kiku nodded. "Yeah, this is kind of boring. I don't know what I was thinking." The sixteen year old girl got onto her feet, and pulled some toys from her backpack. They seemed high tech and fancy, but easy to learn.

"These are experimental prototypes. You want to go try them?" She said a bit excitedly.

Meiko's face lit up with a smile. If there was anything she enjoyed, it was machines, gadgets, even toys, of any kind. "Of course!", she said, excitedly. "What do you have there, Kiku? They certainly seem like a lot of fun." She looked at the others, and wondered what kind of reaction they would have towards these two girls, one much bigger and older than the other, starting to get excited and obsessed with whatever things the younger one suddenly brought into view.

@The Silver Paladin @Cromartie Sarkissian

Natsuki nodded weakly before closing her eyes, falling unconscious.

"...You're not on any illegal substances, are you?"

But at Akane's suggestion, he looked at the code again. Yup, that was right. "...Oh."

He changed the 3 to a 4, ran it again, and the elevator door opened. Assuming they used it to get to the CEO room, they'd meet a boy there.

17471327463f9e439ec84253402d2745.jpg

"Hello there."

@Verite @Jeremi

Perona would ignore the remark cause did she look like she was on something? Once on the top floor she'd point an accusing finger at the boy. "Don't hello there me! What's the big idea sending that big robot against us huh? Actually weren't we supposed to do something with this guy?" She asked turning to the rest of the group.

@Kaykay @Verite

Meiko's face lit up with a smile. If there was anything she enjoyed, it was machines, gadgets, even toys, of any kind. "Of course!", she said, excitedly. "What do you have there, Kiku? They certainly seem like a lot of fun." She looked at the others, and wondered what kind of reaction they would have towards these two girls, one much bigger and older than the other, starting to get excited and obsessed with whatever things the younger one suddenly brought into view.

@The Silver Paladin @Cromartie Sarkissian

The toys appeared to be some sort of remote control, but how they were powered, one didn't know.

Miku pulled out a tablet. "Do you know how to Hot-Sim into the Matrix? You have to project your conciousness into the Matrix for a while, and that's how you control them." Kiku gave a cheery smile. "Here." And she handed Meiko a tablet. "Just tap that, and it should work. You're on Ekaterina's network, so everything should be fine and stable.

((Information: The Matrix (which predates the films) is like the Internet in Shadowrun, except You can actually go into it, though, and I don't know how, so I just am assuming it projects your conciousness or something.))

The toys appeared to be some sort of remote control, but how they were powered, one didn't know.

Miku pulled out a tablet. "Do you know how to Hot-Sim into the Matrix? You have to project your conciousness into the Matrix for a while, and that's how you control them." Kiku gave a cheery smile. "Here." And she handed Meiko a tablet. "Just tap that, and it should work. You're on Ekaterina's network, so everything should be fine and stable.

((Information: The Matrix (which predates the films) is like the Internet in Shadowrun, except You can actually go into it, though, and I don't know how, so I just am assuming it projects your conciousness or something.))
Meiko smiled. This seemed familiar to her somehow...

But then just getting the opportunity to use a device like this was more than enough to get her excited, and optimistic about her ability to make them work like they designed. "I think I've got it," she said to Kiku, "a thought towards the Matrix, a step with my mind into it..." she closed her eyes and opened them after she had visualized the Matrix in her mind. She breathed deeply, in and out.

Then, Meiko extended her arms slightly outward, and closed her hands. "There", she said, smiling, "I think I'm ready to make these toys play, Kiku! Want to play a game?"

(OOC: what kind of toys are these? Planes? Cars? Guns? :D )

Hanako Musoka
@Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detective @Omnidyne-Cross @Others

Hanako sort of nodded meekly, cocking his head to one side a little "Yup... All of us I guess..." he said, giving his best attempt at sounding professional, but, well, failing at it really, and isntead... He unintentionally came off sounding slightly haughty, or, well, perhaps, just a little "out of it" to say the least.

Kim tapped the table. "You're that CEO, aren't you? Hanako or something? I saw you at the UN's Minor Corporation Summit the other week. Heavily interested in competing with Unitas." She drummed the table. "I have some information I would like to share with you, if you don't mind hearing it."

neotokyo_support_nsf2.jpg

Meanwhile, outside on the first floor, several UN Soldiers were locking and loading Assault Rifles, ready to go into the Megacorporate headquaters. The wore the Uniforms of Defense Unit soldiers. They were ready to raid the Megacorporate Entity. Thank God most information was kept in Korea.

@Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detctive

Meiko smiled. This seemed familiar to her somehow...

But then just getting the opportunity to use a device like this was more than enough to get her excited, and optimistic about her ability to make them work like they designed. "I think I've got it," she said to Kiku, "a thought towards the Matrix, a step with my mind into it..." she closed her eyes and opened them after she had visualized the Matrix in her mind. She breathed deeply, in and out.

Then, Meiko extended her arms slightly outward, and closed her hands. "There", she said, smiling, "I think I'm ready to make these toys play, Kiku! Want to play a game?"

(OOC: what kind of toys are these? Planes? Cars? Guns? :D )
Kiku clapped her hands. "You're getting the hang of it!" Kiku smiled at Meiko. "You're welcome to stay here. My father can be a bit cruel, but he means well... My mother and brother died several years ago in an accident, so I have to lead the company in two years when I turn 18." The girl looked downtrodden. "Anyway, let's get to playing."

You would appear in a field of code, and a field would stretch out in front of you.

You held an Assault Rifle in your hands. Kiku stood beside you also holding one. She was dressed in Tactical gear instead of the school outfit that she was wearing before.

On your backs were Riot Shields.

You appeared to be in a simulation of the Slums of Neo-Tokyo. A tank stood behind a barricade. Rioters stood hitting the tank, and one stood firing into the groups of Riot Shielded soldiers.

Kiku looked at Meiko. "Ready?"

Kim tapped the table. "You're that CEO, aren't you? Hanako or something? I saw you at the UN's Minor Corporation Summit the other week. Heavily interested in competing with Unitas." She drummed the table. "I have some information I would like to share with you, if you don't mind hearing it."

neotokyo_support_nsf2.jpg

Meanwhile, outside on the first floor, several UN Soldiers were locking and loading Assault Rifles, ready to go into the Megacorporate headquaters. The wore the Uniforms of Defense Unit soldiers. They were ready to raid the Megacorporate Entity. Thank God most information was kept in Korea.

@Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detctive
Hanako Musoka
@Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detctive @The Silver Paladin

Hanako nodded, scratching his head a little "Yeah... That's me..." he said, frowning a little at what Kim said, though, he moved closer, seeming to realize the potential importance of this information, though, he was carefull not to let any of the vials in his pockets clank together as he did so. "Uh... What sort of information?" He asked, attempting to strike up a more formal pose, but, well, it came off as a bit... Cheesy.​

061.png

"Hands in the air. Don't make any sudden movements," Akane said immediately upon spotting the young man, holding up Natsuki in one arm while holding her Dominator in the other, "Tell me... You wouldn't just so happen to be the CEO of the Shiawase Corporation, would you, sir? Because that man happens to be under arrest right now."

@Kaykay @Jeremi
Perona would ignore the remark cause did she look like she was on something? Once on the top floor she'd point an accusing finger at the boy. "Don't hello there me! What's the big idea sending that big robot against us huh? Actually weren't we supposed to do something with this guy?" She asked turning to the rest of the group.

@Kaykay @Verite
"I mean, like, yeah, I am. But being under arrest would be kind of a pain, would you mind putting the gun down? And hey, hey, I didn't send him after you guys. He just protects me and stuff. But I'm really getting annoyed with so many cooks in my kitchen, so to speak. So why don't you all apologize, turn around, and, well, never come here again?"

He placed one hand on the longer sword at his hip, as if getting ready to strike. The Dominator did not seem to intimidate him all that much, if at all.

@Jeremi @Verite

"I mean, like, yeah, I am. But being under arrest would be kind of a pain, would you mind putting the gun down? And hey, hey, I didn't send him after you guys. He just protects me and stuff. But I'm really getting annoyed with so many cooks in my kitchen, so to speak. So why don't you all apologize, turn around, and, well, never come here again?"

He placed one hand on the longer sword at his hip, as if getting ready to strike. The Dominator did not seem to intimidate him all that much, if at all.

@Jeremi @Verite
062.png

This guy... really is nonchalant.

Well, whatever. At least he's... decently aware of the situation, right? Well, not really, it seemed, but either way, time's a wastin'. Akane continued to point her weapon at the man, the Dominator recognizing him as mentally unstable and activating. Still, as powerful and useful as this weapon was, Akane really didn't want to use it, especially with an organic target.

Being a good officer meant knowing when to shoot, but being a great officer meant knowing when not to.

"I won't ask you again, sir! Put your hands in the air, or I'll have to add "resisting arrest" to your list of charges!"

@Kaykay @Jeremi

Hanako Musoka
@Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detctive @The Silver Paladin

Hanako nodded, scratching his head a little "Yeah... That's me..." he said, frowning a little at what Kim said, though, he moved closer, seeming to realize the potential importance of this information, though, he was carefull not to let any of the vials in his pockets clank together as he did so. "Uh... What sort of information?" He asked, attempting to strike up a more formal pose, but, well, it came off as a bit... Cheesy.​
Kim rapped her fingers against the table once again. The Kitsune dropped several papers she held, and began picking them up. She then walked over.

"The manager wanted you to review these, Ms Kim." She said nervously as she handed in the papers.

"Thank you, I will review them when we're done." Kim said, putting the papers aside. Several computers in the back whirred. Numbers and letters flashed all over the screen. Kim looked at them, clicked her tongue, and turned back to the group. "Alright, Kenjiro lies. He says he's anti-Corp, but he's allied himself with many organizations around the Multiverse. The four of us are also working with him. Those vials you have, Hanako, and yes, I know you have them, are part of a project he's been working on. "Identity Neutralization." Or something like that? Anyway, he's working with us. He just wants control. He wants to rule the world, maybe even the Multiverse. Kenjiro isn't who he says he is!"

@Atomyk @york @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detective

Kim rapped her fingers against the table once again. The Kitsune dropped several papers she held, and began picking them up. She then walked over.

"The manager wanted you to review these, Ms Kim." She said nervously as she handed in the papers.

"Thank you, I will review them when we're done." Kim said, putting the papers aside. Several computers in the back whirred. Numbers and letters flashed all over the screen. Kim looked at them, clicked her tongue, and turned back to the group. "Alright, Kenjiro lies. He says he's anti-Corp, but he's allied himself with many organizations around the Multiverse. The four of us are also working with him. Those vials you have, Hanako, and yes, I know you have them, are part of a project he's been working on. "Identity Neutralization." Or something like that? Anyway, he's working with us. He just wants control. He wants to rule the world, maybe even the Multiverse. Kenjiro isn't who he says he is!"

@Atomyk @york @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detective
"... I... Is this true?"

Bailey wasn't sure where this was going, but for some reason, this was starting to ramble and jumble up her head at this rate.

@Atomyk @york @CCC Kouhai @The Silver Paladin

Kiku clapped her hands. "You're getting the hang of it!" Kiku smiled at Meiko. "You're welcome to stay here. My father can be a bit cruel, but he means well... My mother and brother died several years ago in an accident, so I have to lead the company in two years when I turn 18." The girl looked downtrodden. "Anyway, let's get to playing."

You would appear in a field of code, and a field would stretch out in front of you.

You held an Assault Rifle in your hands. Kiku stood beside you also holding one. She was dressed in Tactical gear instead of the school outfit that she was wearing before.

On your backs were Riot Shields.

You appeared to be in a simulation of the Slums of Neo-Tokyo. A tank stood behind a barricade. Rioters stood hitting the tank, and one stood firing into the groups of Riot Shielded soldiers.

Kiku looked at Meiko. "Ready?"
Quirking a brow, Tony stood behind the pair and scratched his head for a moment "You playing a game now, Meiko? While we're here on business?" he chuckles to himself and adjusts his stance, watching the game curiously "So, what's the objective of this game, Kiku?" he smiles gently, unused to this sort of casual conversation

Back at the precinct, he was frowned on by his colleagues, who didn't take kindly to his whines about the inactivity and his inability to do anything meaningful, and when he was on duty, it was all high octane rushing around and pummelling criminals into submission. To be honest, Tony hadn't had a chat like this in many years. He either spent his days in silence, working on his hand to hand skills, marksmanship, or just sleeping away the time

@The Silver Paladin @Mari @Cromartie Sarkissian

Ken was doing nothing as usual.

"Geez, I'm bored, but I don't know what's happening."​

"... I... Is this true?"

Bailey wasn't sure where this was going, but for some reason, this was starting to ramble and jumble up her head at this rate.

@Atomyk @york @CCC Kouhai @The Silver Paladin

Kim nodded. She directed her hands to an old picture depicting three people. A Younger Kim, A Younger Kenjiro, and another man. They stood in front of a Church. The three people seemed happy. Kim wore a patch with the symbol of the WHO:

who-logo-wallpaper-1024x997.jpg

The other man wore the logo of the United Nations Council for Earth's Defense:

latest

"That man next to me is my father, Chung Il Park. He was a member of the UNCED, I was a member of the World Health Organization. This picture was shot in Korea, during the Unification Conflict. That was the Korean Cathedral. Our temporary base there." She arranged the picture. "Kenjiro had my father killed by his own men after he disobeyed an order. I took to this company, and pleaded the CEO, an old family friend, to take me in. He didn't have an heir to the corporation, so he made me the next CEO. I worked hard in the Medicine and Biotech division, making several developments."

Several newspaper clippings were on the wall, all with different dates, showing various things she had done.

Kim continued. "And now here I am. Leader of the World's Largest Megacorp, creating genetic modifications, advancing Human Evolution." Kim seemed angry. "All of us have connections to Kenjiro. Annaliesia was engaged to his brother, His sister married into Shiawase, He's cousins with Ekaterina, and he was childhood friends with my father. Kenjiro says he wants to restore the world to the Old Days, No, what he does want is complete economic collapse, which will happen if you allow him to wipe us out. We keep the Economy stable. Without us, even the smaller corps would fall." Kim clicked her tongue.

The Kitsune whimpered. "Miss Kim? Some men are at the bottom. They carry guns, and have UN patches on."

Kim cursed, and ran a hand through her hair. "Christ. Kenjiro really wants me dead. Didn't even want to wait until you returned." She sighed, and went to a microphone. "Alright, all employees tasked with data storage, send all the data to Hong Kong, and tell everyone there to go to Korea, Seoul to be exact." She straightened her blouse. "Everyone not tasked with something, stall those soldiers!" Kim then took her finger off of the microphone.

"I have more to tell you. I can't die just yet."

@Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detective @york

Status
Not open for further replies.