• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The empty OR was less an OR, and more just a hospital room. Several people in HAZMAT Suits stood in it. Blood was on the floor, along with some of the wall. Pieces of the ceiling and lights had fallen. It seemed the room was Out of Commision. Several of the HAZMAT crew said the name 'Tetsuo' in their conversation.

Just outside the room, there was blood, guts, and cloth splattered everywhere, like someone had exploded.

Talk to one of the HAZMAT Guys? Or get out of the room?

You uh, you now have a bunch of some nullifying agent.

Kim looked up from her clipboard. "Oh, People like anime, and they have money. They come to us, or one of the other corporations to look like a Kitsune or a Neko." Kim wasn't being mean like she usually seemed. She was being professional and kind. "It's a huge trend. It's also huge over in the Unified Korean States, and over in America."
As much as she felt disgusted by the room and wanted to leave, Bailey remained in the room and spoke up to one of the HAZMAT guys.

"U-Um... w... w-what happened here?"

@The Silver Paladin

Kana puffed her cheeks a little at being called a kid. Sure, she was a little on the smaller side, but she at the very least still looked like the young lady she was, right? 24 wasn't that young either...

Well, then again, 5'4 isn't that tall.

Anyway, Kana could only very faintly remember the girl. Looked like a good old-fashioned reunion, huh? All around her were familiar faces, worn out faces.

"Hello."

"We're here to take down Shiawase."

@Jeremi @Kaykay
"Don't say it so casually, idiot!" She shouted at Kana. "Aren't supposed to do it in secret! I'm too young to die you know!"

@Kaykay @Verite
"...Alright," she responded. Fortunately she was there to help them so the secret was safe with her and stuff.

Ding

The main elevator opened up to reveal a guard robot.

Tekkaman-Blade-tekkaman-blade-21746410-400-268.jpg

At eight feet tall and wielding a lance, the guard robot was fairly intimidating. They still had those pistols and body armor from the Nightclub visit, though, and whatever other things they had on their persons. In any case, Karin and the other woman didn't seem like they were going to be running off anytime soon.

"Prepare for combat!" she shouted, folding her umbrella and putting it away.

"Of course! I'm always ready!" Karin responded, ignoring her gun in favor of running up to the robot.

"...I think I'm going to, uh, try something else."

Unlike the two girls, Goto started to walk to the outskirts of the battle.

Looked like they could fight the robot or follow Goto to see what he was up to.

@Verite @Jeremi

"...Alright," she responded. Fortunately she was there to help them so the secret was safe with her and stuff.

Ding

At eight feet tall and wielding a lance, the guard robot was fairly intimidating. They still had those pistols and body armor from the Nightclub visit, though, and whatever other things they had on their persons. In any case, Karin and the other woman didn't seem like they were going to be running off anytime soon.

"Of course! I'm always ready!" Karin responded, ignoring her gun in favor of running up to the robot.

@Verite @Jeremi

"EEEEEEH?!?! What the hell is that!"

And with that shock came the final clarity. She wasn't Joan Jaffa...she was Perona and she was way out of her element. Looking on in disbelief at the two girls attacking the thing she'd opt to follow Goto instead. "This better not get me killed our I swear I'll haunt you Goto!"

@Verite @Kaykay

As much as she felt disgusted by the room and wanted to leave, Bailey remained in the room and spoke up to one of the HAZMAT guys.

"U-Um... w... w-what happened here?"

@The Silver Paladin

One of the HAZMAT Suited men looked at Bailey. "A government experiment gone awry. Killed some people, then exploded the Nursery, sort of. We can't find him now. Might be out destroying the city."

"Don't say it so casually, idiot!" She shouted at Kana. "Aren't supposed to do it in secret! I'm too young to die you know!"

@Kaykay @Verite

Ding

@Verite @Jeremi

020.png

Oh, right. Oops. Kana was about to do something, but then it seemed to turn out that the girl didn't seem to care. And then it turned out that she was... gonna help them? Unless she was literally about to walk them into a trap like it was nothing. That would be extremely awkward for both parties.

pp27_zpsadf0b956.png

And then...

Oh, guard robot. Well, that was to be expected. For some odd reason, seeing such a tall drone made her feel... nostalgic. As though she remembered something. But now wasn't really the time for that.

About the robot here that was standing before them... Well, taking down a whole company meant you had to have at least one fight. Where even were they in the building? A restricted place now? Well, in any case, time to go to work.

Deciding to fight the robot, Kana drew her weapon. But to her surprise, it wasn't her standard revolver that she pulled out. But rather, a weapon that was foreign to her.

032.png

"This...?"

What was this thing?

This was not her revolver. This looked more like some high-tech hand cannon than anything else, complete with bright flashy lights that one would wonder what the purpose of it was. It seemed like something that would fit this day and age, but it wasn't her old standard, trusty revolver.

latest

D O M I N A T O R

A... Dominator? The name sounded so familiar, yet unfamiliar. The grip felt familiar, yet unfamiliar. Where did this weapon come from? How did it show up in place of her revolver? Her revolver, her weapon, had been what she had used ever since joining the force at the young, naive age of 20. Four years later, and it had never let her down. It was like a part of who she was. It was like a part of her identity.

Bump.

Ripple.

023.png

A headache suddenly assaulted Kana's head, distracting the young woman for the moment from the situation that she was in. It was like a hammer had smashed into her cranium, the feeling too distracting for her to ignore and focus on the guard robot in front of her. Her vision went blurry for a second, and in that second, everything changed for the young woman. Kana Hanazawa's perception of the world around her changed.

No, her name was not Kana Hanazawa. She was not Kana Hanazawa.

A dumb old revolver was not part of the real her. This Dominator was part of who she was. This Dominator was the gun that verified her identity more than anything else.

This Dominator belonged to the young woman holding it in her hand right now.

Akane Tsunemori.

pp11_zps8b26da44.png

I see.

I get it now.

It was all clear to her now. She had broken the illusion that made her pause. She had broken through the illusion that had almost rewritten everything she knew about the world. She had broken through the illusion that had almost rewritten her very life, her very identity.

But Kana Hanazawa was erased, gone like a document that had been pasted over another document, and then promptly cut out, and in her place, stood the original. Akane Tsunemori.

And what Akane Tsunemori had to do in this moment was defeat the enemy in front of her.

"Alright then! You two, distract the robot and keep it off me! I've got a little friend waiting for it!" She exclaimed to the other two in a sudden authoritative tone, the Dominator in her hand beginning to light up, its position shifting like a transforming robot that one would see in old cartoons.

tumblr_inline_nsm1nsmigt1t6xqh1_500.gif

M O D E - C H A N G E

D E S T R O Y - D O M I N A T O R

@Kaykay @Jeremi

Last edited:
One of the HAZMAT Suited men looked at Bailey. "A government experiment gone awry. Killed some people, then exploded the Nursery, sort of. We can't find him now. Might be out destroying the city."
"O-Oh..."

Bailey was unsure on what to do here, and took a moment for this to register in her head. Surely this wasn't going to end well, whatever this experiment was... except.

"Wait... government experiment?"

Just what was this experiment?

@The Silver Paladin

"EEEEEEH?!?! What the hell is that!"

And with that shock came the final clarity. She wasn't Joan Jaffa...she was Perona and she was way out of her element. Looking on in disbelief at the two girls attacking the thing she'd opt to follow Goto instead. "This better not get me killed our I swear I'll haunt you Goto!"

@Verite @Kaykay
"What does it look like?! It's a goddamn security robot! You think I want to die or something, huh?!"

Staying away from the big confrontation, the police officer made his way to the main elevator, Perona presumably in tow. The elevator had closed behind the robot and Goto pressed the button to try to get it to open.

It didn't.

"What the hell?!" Goto shouted, kicking the elevator door in vain. He took out a small device with a wire and jammed the wire into a small hole near the elevator button. A little screen lit up.

import itertools

int main() {
res = itertools.permutations('abc',3); // 3 is the length of your result.
for i in res:
print ''.join(i);

return 0;
}

Primitive code, but that was the default, and Goto was no hacker or anything. He ran it and...

Failed.

"Shit!" Once more, Goto kicked the door. The door still didn't open. "They have to be using permutations of a, b, and c, so what the hell's the problem?!" Why anyone would use have such a strange limit nobody knew, but it didn't matter for now.

Looked like they were stuck until someone could either hack or force their way into the elevator. And with the guard robot fight going on not far away at all, they'd best figure it out quickly. Goto needed some help with the code, or advice on what he needed to fix in it.

020.png

Oh, right. Oops. Kana was about to do something, but then it seemed to turn out that the girl didn't seem to care. And then it turned out that she was... gonna help them? Unless she was literally about to walk them into a trap like it was nothing. That would be extremely awkward for both parties.

pp27_zpsadf0b956.png

And then...

Oh, guard robot. Well, that was to be expected. For some odd reason, seeing such a tall drone made her feel... nostalgic. As though she remembered something. But now wasn't really the time for that.

About the robot here that was standing before them... Well, taking down a whole company meant you had to have at least one fight. Where even were they in the building? A restricted place now? Well, in any case, time to go to work.

Deciding to fight the robot, Kana drew her weapon. But to her surprise, it wasn't her standard revolver that she pulled out. But rather, a weapon that was foreign to her.

032.png

"This...?"

What was this thing?

This was not her revolver. This looked more like some high-tech hand cannon than anything else, complete with bright flashy lights that one would wonder what the purpose of it was. It seemed like something that would fit this day and age, but it wasn't her old standard, trusty revolver.

latest

D O M I N A T O R

A... Dominator? The name sounded so familiar, yet unfamiliar. The grip felt familiar, yet unfamiliar. Where did this weapon come from? How did it show up in place of her revolver? Her revolver, her weapon, had been what she had used ever since joining the force at the young, naive age of 20. Four years later, and it had never let her down. It was like a part of who she was. It was like a part of her identity.

Bump.

Ripple.

023.png

A headache suddenly assaulted Kana's head, distracting the young woman for the moment from the situation that she was in. It was like a hammer had smashed into her cranium, the feeling too distracting for her to ignore and focus on the guard robot in front of her. Her vision went blurry for a second, and in that second, everything changed for the young woman. Kana Hanazawa's perception of the world around her changed.

No, her name was not Kana Hanazawa. She was not Kana Hanazawa.

A dumb old revolver was not part of the real her. This Dominator was part of who she was. This Dominator was the gun that verified her identity more than anything else.

This Dominator belonged to the young woman holding it in her hand right now.

Akane Tsunemori.

pp11_zps8b26da44.png

I see.

I get it now.

It was all clear to her now. She had broken the illusion that made her pause. She had broken through the illusion that had almost rewritten everything she knew about the world. She had broken through the illusion that had almost rewritten her very life, her very identity.

But Kana Hanazawa was erased, gone like a document that had been pasted over another document, and then promptly cut out, and in her place, stood the original. Akane Tsunemori.

And what Akane Tsunemori had to do in this moment was defeat the enemy in front of her.

"Alright then! You two, distract the robot and keep it off me! I've got a little friend waiting for it!" She exclaimed to the other two in a sudden authoritative tone, the Dominator in her hand beginning to light up, its position shifting like a transforming robot that one would see in old cartoons.

latest

M O D E - C H A N G E

D E S T R O Y - D O M I N A T O R

@Kaykay @Jeremi
"You got it!"

As the others' identities were revealed, so was Karin's. But she'd known it for some time now. Tekkou somehow formed around Karin's, or Misao's, fists as she rushed towards the robot to keep it busy.

Only to attempt to kick the robot, rendering the tekkou more or less pointless.

tumblr_mvhml6R9Un1se3oqto1_250.gif

It rather easily evaded a few of her kicks, simply shifting slightly from side to side as she jumped at it.

"Huff...huff... Okay then, big guy, how about this?!"

Swinging her leg in an arc, she threw a roundhouse kick at it so it couldn't simply shift away. She finally managed to land a kick on the robot, only for it to simply stand there afterwards.

"Eh...heh heh!"

Well karate could only take her so far, right? After laughing nervously, she whipped out the pistol she had earlier, pointed it and fired.

She dropped the pistol as she covered her ears. So loud! But by sheer luck she'd managed to actually hit the guard. However, it didn't seem any more effective than the kick, simply ricocheting off the armor. Well crap.

Its eyes lighting up, the robot separated its lance into two pieces.

6082188_orig.gif

It lashed out at Misao, who was previously Karin, at a high speed. Too fast for her to dodge.

"Idiot!"

The woman with the umbrella ran and smacked her out of the way, keeping a safe distance from the blade itself with her umbrella. But unfortunately, that was now two blades. With a second stroke, the guard impaled the older woman.

It raised her up before kicking her sharply, sending her flying off its separated lance before rejoining the two halves.

Misao watched in shock as the woman who saved her was tossed to the side. Was she dead? No human could be impaled through the chest and still be alright. The girl slowly stood up, tightening her fists. Her usually cheery demeanor gone, she immediately rushed at the robot and slammed her fists repeatedly into the bot. Aiming at the stomach area, which seemed less armored, a few times before finishing with a punch to the robot's chin. Or its equivalent, anyway.

But it was still useless. Unmoved, the robot knocked her to the side with one arm, sending her flying into the wall. It turned to her and began to charge some sort of attack.

tumblr_ngx0zf5GwW1tivw6vo1_400.gif

On the bright side, its attention was diverted for now, having turned away from Kana, or Akane to attack Misao.

@Verite @Jeremi

Makiko opened her eyes, realizing she'd totally zoned out for a while there. Maybe she was getting sick, or maybe time was just out of whack.

QorHMCM.png

"What's happening right now...?"

@The Silver Paladin @All...?

Makiko opened her eyes, realizing she'd totally zoned out for a while there. Maybe she was getting sick, or maybe time was just out of whack.

QorHMCM.png

"What's happening right now...?"

@The Silver Paladin @All...?

Well, if she was sick, she was in a hospital.

Officer Michael looked at her. "Are you ok? You seem to be spacing out. Here." He handed Makiko two aspirin. "We're on the lab floor of Omnidyne-Cross's headquarters. We're waiting for Kim to get ready."

The options available in the lab that no one was at were:

A Walk-in-Freezer, Talking to the Kitsune guide

"O-Oh..."

Bailey was unsure on what to do here, and took a moment for this to register in her head. Surely this wasn't going to end well, whatever this experiment was... except.

"Wait... government experiment?"

Just what was this experiment?

@The Silver Paladin

"Nothing you need to worry about, just something left over from, uh, 2019? I believe? Post war. Tetsuo ran into something, and he went a bit crazy." He noted something in his tablet. "Anyway, we're just tallying monetary losses right now. We've cleaned up pretty much."

"You got it!"

As the others' identities were revealed, so was Karin's. But she'd known it for some time now. Tekkou somehow formed around Karin's, or Misao's, fists as she rushed towards the robot to keep it busy.

It rather easily evaded a few of her kicks, simply shifting slightly from side to side as she jumped at it.

Swinging her leg in an arc, she threw a roundhouse kick at it so it couldn't simply shift away. She finally managed to land a kick on the robot, only for it to simply stand there afterwards.

"Eh...heh heh!"

Well karate could only take her so far, right? After laughing nervously, she whipped out the pistol she had earlier, pointed it and fired.

She dropped the pistol as she covered her ears. So loud! But by sheer luck she'd managed to actually hit the guard. However, it didn't seem any more effective than the kick, simply ricocheting off the armor. Well crap.

6082188_orig.gif

It lashed out at Misao, who was previously Karin, at a high speed. Too fast for her to dodge.

"Idiot!"

The woman with the umbrella ran and smacked her out of the way, keeping a safe distance from the blade itself with her umbrella. But unfortunately, that was now two blades. With a second stroke, the guard impaled the older woman.

It raised her up before kicking her sharply, sending her flying off its separated lance before rejoining the two halves.

Misao watched in shock as the woman who saved her was tossed to the side. Was she dead? No human could be impaled through the chest and still be alright. The girl slowly stood up, tightening her fists. Her usually cheery demeanor gone, she immediately rushed at the robot and slammed her fists repeatedly into the bot. Aiming at the stomach area, which seemed less armored, a few times before finishing with a punch to the robot's chin. Or its equivalent, anyway.

But it was still useless. Unmoved, the robot knocked her to the side with one arm, sending her flying into the wall. It turned to her and began to charge some sort of attack.

On the bright side, its attention was diverted for now, having turned away from Kana, or Akane to attack Misao.

@Verite @Jeremi
giphy.gif

Time almost seemed to stop in Kana--No, Akane's head as she registered the events that would transpire in front of her. The girl whom she currently knew as Karin at the moment did her best to hold the guard off, but agile as the girl might be, karate wasn't about to penetrate those kinds of metallic defenses. And in response, she'd be easily swept aside by the enemy. Karin was presumably about to meet her end until it would seem that the woman from before with the umbrella would take the hit.

As an officer of public security, death was something Akane Tsunemori should be used to. Akane herself wasn't really sure if she was used to death though. In her twenty-four years of life, she had lost a lot of people. She had seen partners lose themselves, family and friends lose their lives, and every time, Akane grieved. And yet.

Her mental state never became clouded. As far as the Dominator in her hand was concerned, she was nowhere near the point of a mental breakdown. She had not reached the point where the Dominator would deem her someone who would go crazy from her traumas and baggage and become a latent criminal. And she didn't want to test what she would have to go through to reach that point.

But even so, it was still horrible to see people in front of her die, even if she didn't know them well.

090.png

"Tch...!"

The young woman gritted her teeth, her grip on her weapon tightening. This was no time to grieve. Like it or not, she was a hardened officer now. If she had time to grieve, she had time to fight!

"Not on my watch, you damned tin man!!"

tumblr_mntprsEODg1sqjnz4o6_500.gif

With that, her Dominator now fully charged, she would shoot a devastating charged energy shot towards the guard, the recoil enough to send her stumbling back a step or so.

@Kaykay @Jeremi

Trying to ease her growing tension with a nervous cough, Makiko smoothed at her clothes. She took the aspirin with a grateful smile. "I can check out that freezer while I wait, then."

Maybe a bit of chill would make her feel better?

@The Silver Paladin

Last edited:
Trying to ease her growing tension with a nervous cough, smoothed at her clothes. She took the aspirin with a grateful smile. "I can check out that freezer while I wait, then."

Maybe a bit of chill would make her feel better?

@The Silver Paladin

Inside of the freezer are several rows of medicines on shelves, as well as various diseases.

On the floor is a bunch of body bags. That's nice...

A man stands with his back to you staring at the shelves, and taking notes from a notebook.

Talk to him?

After popping the pill in her mouth, the girl wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to retain some warmth. She grimaced at the sight of the body bags, but it wasn't the worst thing she'd experienced recently. The man in here seemed unconcerned with the cold, which intrigued Makiko somewhat. "... Sir? What are you doing here?"

@The Silver Paladin

After popping the pill in her mouth, the girl wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to retain some warmth. She grimaced at the sight of the body bags, but it wasn't the worst thing she'd experienced recently. The man in here seemed unconcerned with the cold, which intrigued Makiko somewhat. "... Sir? What are you doing here?"

@The Silver Paladin

"28, 29, 30, 31... That's 31 vials in this container." The man muttered, writing it down in his notebook. He turned around when Makiko spoke.

"Oh, I'm uh, taking inventory. I'm Doctor Aaron White of the Dragoon Foundation, a subsidiary of Omnidyne-Cross, focused on energy and Aerospace." The man said. He looked no older than a boy. He still held his boyish features that he did when he was fifteen, yet he was older. He wore a badge on his left side. He stuck out his hand. "I also do work for the United Nations Council for the Defense of Earth. It's a, uh, a pleasure to meet you." He also held his nervousness as well.

"I'm not quite sure what you just said. Guess you must be smart, huh?" Makiko smiled and shook the offered hand, but quickly retracted it to wrap her arms around herself again. Her gaze looked up toward the shelves and her brow lifted in wonder. "Are these samples? Can't imagine what else would be in here."

Or maybe it was just a morgue. Oh well.

@The Silver Paladin

"I'm not quite sure what you just said. Guess you must be smart, huh?" Makiko smiled and shook the offered hand, but quickly retracted it to wrap her arms around herself again. Her gaze looked up toward the shelves and her brow lifted in wonder. "Are these samples? Can't imagine what else would be in here."

Or maybe it was just a morgue. Oh well.

@The Silver Paladin

"It's nothing you need to worry about. AndI guess you could say that. I'm a Quantum Physicist, and I spent most of my life in hospitals watching my father work, so, I guess you could say I'm smart." He left out the part about the Illusions, and hero of Light, and all that stuff involving Arc. "This room is a sort of inventory room. They use it for cold storage. Anything that needs freezing that will be used later goes in here. That includes bodies, apparently. There's probably a lot more in here."

Reactions: Atomyk
The empty OR was less an OR, and more just a hospital room. Several people in HAZMAT Suits stood in it. Blood was on the floor, along with some of the wall. Pieces of the ceiling and lights had fallen. It seemed the room was Out of Commision. Several of the HAZMAT crew said the name 'Tetsuo' in their conversation.

Just outside the room, there was blood, guts, and cloth splattered everywhere, like someone had exploded.

Talk to one of the HAZMAT Guys? Or get out of the room?

You uh, you now have a bunch of some nullifying agent.

Kim looked up from her clipboard. "Oh, People like anime, and they have money. They come to us, or one of the other corporations to look like a Kitsune or a Neko." Kim wasn't being mean like she usually seemed. She was being professional and kind. "It's a huge trend. It's also huge over in the Unified Korean States, and over in America."
Hanako Musoka
@The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai @Others

Hanako did remember a few others stepping inside the Operating Room as he walked past, so, casually, again trying to keep his composure, he figured he'd continue distracting Kim for the moment, looking a bit caught off by her strangely polite behavior. It seemed like Kim was actually sort of... Civilized today? He looked intrigued by the whole surgery thing, so he decided to pry further "And uh... Where exactly are these parts coming from?" he asked, that curious look remaining on his face.​

"What does it look like?! It's a goddamn security robot! You think I want to die or something, huh?!"

Staying away from the big confrontation, the police officer made his way to the main elevator, Perona presumably in tow. The elevator had closed behind the robot and Goto pressed the button to try to get it to open.

It didn't.

"What the hell?!" Goto shouted, kicking the elevator door in vain. He took out a small device with a wire and jammed the wire into a small hole near the elevator button. A little screen lit up.

import itertools

int main() {
res = itertools.permutations('abc',3); // 3 is the length of your result.
for i in res:
print ''.join(i);

return 0;
}

Primitive code, but that was the default, and Goto was no hacker or anything. He ran it and...

Failed.

"Shit!" Once more, Goto kicked the door. The door still didn't open. "They have to be using permutations of a, b, and c, so what the hell's the problem?!" Why anyone would use have such a strange limit nobody knew, but it didn't matter for now.

Looked like they were stuck until someone could either hack or force their way into the elevator. And with the guard robot fight going on not far away at all, they'd best figure it out quickly. Goto needed some help with the code, or advice on what he needed to fix in it.

"You got it!"

"Eh...heh heh!"

6082188_orig.gif

"Idiot!"

@Verite @Jeremi

Perona would just stare blank faced at the panel. She was so out of her league it wasn't even funny and it felt like she couldn't even summon her ghosts. "Just kick it real hard, that usually works!" Perona shouted to Goto.

@Kaykay @Verite

• Useful
Reactions: Minerva
Hanako Musoka
@The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai @Others

Hanako did remember a few others stepping inside the Operating Room as he walked past, so, casually, again trying to keep his composure, he figured he'd continue distracting Kim for the moment, looking a bit caught off by her strangely polite behavior. It seemed like Kim was actually sort of... Civilized today? He looked intrigued by the whole surgery thing, so he decided to pry further "And uh... Where exactly are these parts coming from?" he asked, that curious look remaining on his face.​

Kim sighed. "We grow stem cells. They're artificial in that they don't come from animals, but real in that they're actually biological. Made to look and feel like actual animals, yet physiologically compatible with humans to be functional." Kim said. She tapped her pen on her clipboard. She the straightened her lab coat at the top. It seemed to be a tight fit at the top because of her uh...

"Look, I have to go to an important meeting now. I'm running late because of what happened here last night. If you have any questions, here's a brochure." She handed a slip of paper into Hanako's hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.