• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nothing you need to worry about, just something left over from, uh, 2019? I believe? Post war. Tetsuo ran into something, and he went a bit crazy." He noted something in his tablet. "Anyway, we're just tallying monetary losses right now. We've cleaned up pretty much."
"O... Oh... okay..."

Bailey felt like she snooped around longer than she should, given that this seemed to be something truly to keep an eye on. Yet, she continued to stick around anyways. Maybe she was keeping an eye out for anything that catches her eye in this room... and for a moment, something twitched from under her hood...

@The Silver Paladin

"O... Oh... okay..."

Bailey felt like she snooped around longer than she should, given that this seemed to be something truly to keep an eye on. Yet, she continued to stick around anyways. Maybe she was keeping an eye out for anything that catches her eye in this room... and for a moment, something twitched from under her hood...

@The Silver Paladin

"Yeah." The man said. It seemed you had done everything in the OR. The man looked at his clipboard again.

You could Talk to Kim Talk to the Kitsune Go to the Freezer?

Perona would just stare blank faced at the panel. She was so out of her league it wasn't even funny and it felt like she couldn't even summon her ghosts. "Just kick it real hard, that usually works!" Perona shouted to Goto.

@Kaykay @Verite
Well it wasn't a bad idea. They were just stuck as far as the "hacking" thing went. Maybe third time was the charm? Goto put down the device, stood up, and raised his leg before slamming it into the elevator door.

"Ow!"

At least he tried.
giphy.gif

Time almost seemed to stop in Kana--No, Akane's head as she registered the events that would transpire in front of her. The girl whom she currently knew as Karin at the moment did her best to hold the guard off, but agile as the girl might be, karate wasn't about to penetrate those kinds of metallic defenses. And in response, she'd be easily swept aside by the enemy. Karin was presumably about to meet her end until it would seem that the woman from before with the umbrella would take the hit.

As an officer of public security, death was something Akane Tsunemori should be used to. Akane herself wasn't really sure if she was used to death though. In her twenty-four years of life, she had lost a lot of people. She had seen partners lose themselves, family and friends lose their lives, and every time, Akane grieved. And yet.

Her mental state never became clouded. As far as the Dominator in her hand was concerned, she was nowhere near the point of a mental breakdown. She had not reached the point where the Dominator would deem her someone who would go crazy from her traumas and baggage and become a latent criminal. And she didn't want to test what she would have to go through to reach that point.

But even so, it was still horrible to see people in front of her die, even if she didn't know them well.

090.png

"Tch...!"

The young woman gritted her teeth, her grip on her weapon tightening. This was no time to grieve. Like it or not, she was a hardened officer now. If she had time to grieve, she had time to fight!

"Not on my watch, you damned tin man!!"

tumblr_mntprsEODg1sqjnz4o6_500.gif

With that, her Dominator now fully charged, she would shoot a devastating charged energy shot towards the guard, the recoil enough to send her stumbling back a step or so.

@Kaykay @Jeremi
Preoccupied with its own attack, the robot didn't move and the shot hit dead on, sending the robot flying. Its attack disappeared and it was sent crashing through multiple walls, no longer in sight. Maybe they could try to go use the elevator now.

"G-good shot..." Misao complimented her.

Might as well go try to use that elevator, or maybe help the girl who got stabbed earlier.

@Verite @Jeremi

"Yeah." The man said. It seemed you had done everything in the OR. The man looked at his clipboard again.

You could Talk to Kim Talk to the Kitsune Go to the Freezer?
Her curiosity still clear in her head, Bailey only silently slipped out of the OR. With some others busy with speaking to Kim, Bailey felt the need to go through the freezer as well... juuust in case.

@The Silver Paladin

Well it wasn't a bad idea. They were just stuck as far as the "hacking" thing went. Maybe third time was the charm? Goto put down the device, stood up, and raised his leg before slamming it into the elevator door.

"Ow!"

At least he tried.

Preoccupied with its own attack, the robot didn't move and the shot hit dead on, sending the robot flying. Its attack disappeared and it was sent crashing through multiple walls, no longer in sight. Maybe they could try to go use the elevator now.

Might as well go try to use that elevator, or maybe help the girl who got stabbed earlier.

@Verite @Jeremi

That was a bust. "Grr, how useless can you get!" Perona shouted in frustration at Goto. Luckily it seemed like the big robot thing was taken care of for the time being. "Hey you guys! Come over here and give us a hand with this elevator!" She shouted at the ones who had just fought the robot.

@Verite @Kaykay

@Verite @Jeremi
pp22_zpsfada74da.png

With a breath, Akane would run towards the girl who was stabbed, putting away her Dominator and kneeling beside her, attempting to tend to her wound to the best of her ability.

"H-Hey! It's alright! Are you still there? Stay with me!"

@Kaykay @Jeremi

Her curiosity still clear in her head, Bailey only silently slipped out of the OR. With some others busy with speaking to Kim, Bailey felt the need to go through the freezer as well... juuust in case.

@The Silver Paladin

You walk in on Aaron, Makiko, and a bunch of body bags and medicine.

Aaron and Makiko appear to be talking.

Join in?

That was a bust. "Grr, how useless can you get!" Perona shouted in frustration at Goto. Luckily it seemed like the big robot thing was taken care of for the time being. "Hey you guys! Come over here and give us a hand with this elevator!" She shouted at the ones who had just fought the robot.

@Verite @Kaykay
"Oh, c'mon! Like you can do any better! Do you think I'm some freak of nature or something? Who the hell can kick down an elevator door?!" Goto complained.
pp22_zpsfada74da.png

With a breath, Akane would run towards the girl who was stabbed, putting away her Dominator and kneeling beside her, attempting to tend to her wound to the best of her ability.

"H-Hey! It's alright! Are you still there? Stay with me!"

@Kaykay @Jeremi
Fortunately, she was still alive.

Silently, she opened her eyes and looked around. She attempted to sigh in relief, only to start coughing up a bit of blood instead.

"Still...here."

With a quivering arm, she pointed towards the elevator. She prioritized taking down the company over her life, it seemed. Misao wouldn't have any of that, though.

"C'mon, there's gotta be, like, a first-aid kit or something around here! It's a huge company for god's sake! Don't they have workers get sick, or something?" She exclaimed, looking about for anything on the current floor.

The stabbed girl just shook her head. "There should be...something like that in....the CEO room..." she managed out, her sentence broken up by coughing fits. She simply pointed towards the elevator once more. Might as well try to get in then and take the place down, right?

Misao figured as such and rushed over to help, kicking at the door with results similar to Goto's. Akane could probably shoot the thing, but then the elevator would be without a door as they went up. Or they could try fixing Goto's code.

@Verite @Jeremi

"Oh, c'mon! Like you can do any better! Do you think I'm some freak of nature or something? Who the hell can kick down an elevator door?!" Goto complained.

Silently, she opened her eyes and looked around. She attempted to sigh in relief, only to start coughing up a bit of blood instead.

"Still...here."

With a quivering arm, she pointed towards the elevator. She prioritized taking down the company over her life, it seemed. Misao wouldn't have any of that, though.

"C'mon, there's gotta be, like, a first-aid kit or something around here! It's a huge company for god's sake! Don't they have workers get sick, or something?" She exclaimed, looking about for anything on the current floor.

The stabbed girl just shook her head. "There should be...something like that in....the CEO room..." she managed out, her sentence broken up by coughing fits. She simply pointed towards the elevator once more. Might as well try to get in then and take the place down, right?

Misao figured as such and rushed over to help, kicking at the door with results similar to Goto's. Akane could probably shoot the thing, but then the elevator would be without a door as they went up. Or they could try fixing Goto's code.

@Verite @Jeremi

"A bunch of them! Where I come from you'd be a little weakling!" She replied in a huff towards Goto. "And I have no clue how to get this thing to work so you can count me right out!"

@Verite @Kaykay

"Still...here."

@Verite @Jeremi
pp39_zps0b49d04e.png

"Damn... Alright, let's get there first. Pronto," Akane said, helping the girl through the room and making her way towards the elevator or so. When she would reach Perona and Goto, she would purse her lips a bit, giving a disapproving look.

"What's the holdup? What's wrong with your code?"

@Jeremi @Kaykay

The Kitsune would step into the freezer behind Bailey.

"Oh, uh, I know you just saw her, but Kim is ready to see you in her office. She finished her work here. Just uh, follow me."

Aaron would nod. "You guys should go see her. I have work to finish here. I just want you guys to do this. Don't kill her. It's up to you to make that decision, but that's my view." Aaron turned back to count several things.

"She's up this next elevator." The Kitsune said softly.

@The Great Detective @Atomyk @york @CCC Kouhai

"A bunch of them! Where I come from you'd be a little weakling!" She replied in a huff towards Goto. "And I have no clue how to get this thing to work so you can count me right out!"

@Verite @Kaykay
pp39_zps0b49d04e.png

"Damn... Alright, let's get there first. Pronto," Akane said, helping the girl through the room and making her way towards the elevator or so. When she would reach Perona and Goto, she would purse her lips a bit, giving a disapproving look.

"What's the holdup? What's wrong with your code?"

@Jeremi @Kaykay
"Where the hell do you come from, a country of bear wrestlers?! ...You know what, don't answer that." He'd seen some weird things in his time, but Perona's attitude managed to take the cake.

"Right. ...Natsuki Minamiya." Suddenly, she introduced herself. Perhaps she just wanted to get her name out before she keeled over and died.

"The stupid door won't open!" Misao shouted, giving the door one last kick before huffing and crossing her arms. While that was the problem, it didn't have much to do with the code.

import itertools

int main() {
res = itertools.permutations('abc',3); // 3 is the length of your result.
for i in res:
print ''.join(i);

return 0;
}

"Stupid password to access the elevator isn't cracking. It should be a simple 4 letter password of a, b, and c, but for some reason this thing won't open!"

"Turn it off and then back on!"

"That's not going to help!"

@Verite @Jeremi

Kim sighed. "We grow stem cells. They're artificial in that they don't come from animals, but real in that they're actually biological. Made to look and feel like actual animals, yet physiologically compatible with humans to be functional." Kim said. She tapped her pen on her clipboard. She the straightened her lab coat at the top. It seemed to be a tight fit at the top because of her uh...

"Look, I have to go to an important meeting now. I'm running late because of what happened here last night. If you have any questions, here's a brochure." She handed a slip of paper into Hanako's hands.

"Oh, uh, I know you just saw her, but Kim is ready to see you in her office. She finished her work here. Just uh, follow me."

Aaron would nod. "You guys should go see her. I have work to finish here. I just want you guys to do this. Don't kill her. It's up to you to make that decision, but that's my view." Aaron turned back to count several things.

Hanako Musoka
@The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai @Others

Hanako nodded slowly, looking down at the slip of paper as he did so, it looked like the Kitsune arrived just about in time for the new to be delivered that Kim was ready to meet them, in her office that is... And, well, come to think of it; he wasn't so eager to kill her, and it wasn't just because she turned out nicer than expected, but, well, because he wasn't too sure if she was truly an target that was "worth it" to kill, if any right now... After all, what he had done already didn't exactly still 100% well with him at the moment...​

"Where the hell do you come from, a country of bear wrestlers?! ...You know what, don't answer that." He'd seen some weird things in his time, but Perona's attitude managed to take the cake.

"Right. ...Natsuki Minamiya." Suddenly, she introduced herself. Perhaps she just wanted to get her name out before she keeled over and died.

"The stupid door won't open!" Misao shouted, giving the door one last kick before huffing and crossing her arms. While that was the problem, it didn't have much to do with the code.

import itertools

int main() {
for i in res:
print ''.join(i);

return 0;
}

"Stupid password to access the elevator isn't cracking. It should be a simple 4 letter password of a, b, and c, but for some reason this thing won't open!"

@Verite @Jeremi

"No, but there's a bunch a pirates! I'm pretty sure one of them is a bear though..."

@Verite @Kaykay

"... a-alright," Bailey would say before heading over to the elevator

@The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @york @CCC Kouhai

import itertools

int main() {
for i in res:
print ''.join(i);

return 0;
}

@Verite @Jeremi
pp33_zpsdef463c0.png

"Akane Tsunemori. You're going to be okay, Miss Minamiya. I'll make sure of it," Akane said firmly, before taking a look at the code, and then diverting her attention back to the others present, "Tch... If it's four letters, then put in four letters! Says there that you only put in three, I think," She said, pointing it out to Goto.

"Come on, we don't have time to waste!"

That was the solution, right?

@Kaykay @Jeremi

Hanako Musoka
@The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai @Others

Hanako nodded slowly, looking down at the slip of paper as he did so, it looked like the Kitsune arrived just about in time for the new to be delivered that Kim was ready to meet them, in her office that is... And, well, come to think of it; he wasn't so eager to kill her, and it wasn't just because she turned out nicer than expected, but, well, because he wasn't too sure if she was truly an target that was "worth it" to kill, if any right now... After all, what he had done already didn't exactly still 100% well with him at the moment...​

"... a-alright," Bailey would say before heading over to the elevator

@The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @york @CCC Kouhai

People often hate and fear Dr Kim. They still work for her, because she's the largest entity in the world. Bigger than the governments, bigger than the other Megacorporations, and bigger than the UN.

People don't know that she actually cares for her employees, and the others. She provides medical help to the poor, and to war torn areas. She opens Street Clinics to help people. She speaks to almost all of her employees, and listens to them. Kim doesn't buy up Minor Corporations, but instead works with them. She creates her own, and she keeps the world economy stable. Kim was actually a good person. She had escaped the Korean Unification Conflict, and later aided South Korean soldiers and North Korean refugees in reunifying Korea. She's kind, yet people fear her. She's caring, yet strict.

In the elevator, a familiar song would play:

When you reached the top floor, Marble columns would greet you. The room was immaculate. The Kitsune stepped out of the elevator.

"She's down this way." The Kitsune said, pointing down the hallway.

Following the marble columns, you would be led to a door, and inside was a small office that seemed to counteract everything you had seen:

WEReG8B.jpg

It still consisted of top of the line items, and behind the servers and computers and various medical equipment was a large floor to ceiling window overlooking the city:

9daf281feb1ccd92a4bb9ecea72c677c.jpg

You were overlooking the Omnidyne-Cross Arcology. The world's largest Arcology.

Kim sat at her desk straightening her blouse, and trying to get it to fit over her, you know. She had tossed her lab coat to the back of another chair.

She was chewing on a pen and checking her phone as well

images

"So, you're finally here?" She asked.

The Kitsune stood at the door, and looked a bit scared as to what was going to happen.

@Atomyk @york @CCC Kouhai @The Great Detective @Omnidyne-Cross @This is it

"No, but there's a bunch a pirates! I'm pretty sure one of them is a bear though..."

@Verite @Kaykay
pp33_zpsdef463c0.png

"Akane Tsunemori. You're going to be okay, Miss Minamiya. I'll make sure of it," Akane said firmly, before taking a look at the code, and then diverting her attention back to the others present, "Tch... If it's four letters, then put in four letters! Says there that you only put in three, I think," She said, pointing it out to Goto.

"Come on, we don't have time to waste!"

That was the solution, right?

@Kaykay @Jeremi
Natsuki nodded weakly before closing her eyes, falling unconscious.

"...You're not on any illegal substances, are you?"

But at Akane's suggestion, he looked at the code again. Yup, that was right. "...Oh."

He changed the 3 to a 4, ran it again, and the elevator door opened. Assuming they used it to get to the CEO room, they'd meet a boy there.

17471327463f9e439ec84253402d2745.jpg

"Hello there."

@Verite @Jeremi

Tony grunts, finally breaking the statuesque pose he'd been holding since his entrance into the office, finally unfolding his arms and stepping forward, his frame blocking Jurikono from view "And you've got about as much chance of leaving this office alive, I'll kill you, your guard and about half this building before I go down" he grins, slightly, almost cockily

"So go ahead, shoot, you'll know what you're up against when that dinky little forty five round bounces off my chest" he spreads his arms dramatically, allowing him to take the shot "Go on, you think you're the wolf, let me tell you something, big shot"

He smirks, planting his hands on the desk between them and leaning forwards toward Ekaterina "I'm a human" one could almost see the intensity and belief Tony held for his own words

"You have nasty fangs and claws? Guess what? I have a shotgun"

As if to emphasise his point, he lifts his hands from the desk, showing the imprints he'd made in the wood

"I'll bring this entire building down, with all of us in it, if you don't give me exactly what we came for"

"Sorry about the desk, but you're a big boy, you can pay to replace it, right?"

How much 'bad cop' had Tony played in his time on the force? A lot

@Cromartie Sarkissian @Mari @Mighty Roman
The moment the gun entered Jurikono's line of sight he froze. His heart stopped mid beat as he heard the clicking of metal. The blood in his face rushed to the surface as his balanced failed him.
"G-G-Gun! G-G-G-Gun!!! I-I-I-I Don't want to die!" The stumbled backwards, collapsing into a pile on the floor "I haven't done anything meaningful yet!!! Id be a waste of bullet!!!"

When his protector entered the scene, he scrambled at his feet, clinging to them for dear life, life an animal falling from a tree. Wether this guy acted as a meat shield or valid protector wasn't important; it made him feel slightly safer. "Thank you sir! T-T-Thank you!" He broke out into incompressible wimpering once more

@Mari @Mighty Roman
Mobile post

Ekaterina motioned his hands down at Murdock. "What were you taught, Murdock. It was that you don't shoot an unarmed man. I thought they taught you that." Ekaterina said.

"Sir, I-" The Captain said.

"Get out. now. I can handle myself."

As the Captain left, a girl's voice could be heard from behind another door.

"Dad? What's going on?" It asked.

b5e26bea7e80832f3417dec70e5a8982.jpg

A teenage girl entered. She wore a Schoolgirl uniform. She seemed like a sweet innocent girl. She carried a backpack on her back, and appeared to have just gotten back from a Private School somewhere.

It would be best to keep it civil while she was here.

"Kiku, I'm just doing a business deal. It will be done soon."

"Can I stay and watch? If I'm going to run the company for you soon, I should watch." The girl said happily.

"Fine, fine." He said. He turned to Tony. "I can fix it, don't worry. I'd just keep it civil right now. Corporate Security doesn't like it when CEO's daughters are in danger."

The girl happily giggled and sat in a large comfy chair near Meiko. "I love your outfit!" She said to her happily.

He kicked back. "So, what were we talking about?"

@Mari @Ekaterina

Ekaterina motioned his hands down at Murdock. "What were you taught, Murdock. It was that you don't shoot an unarmed man. I thought they taught you that." Ekaterina said.

"Sir, I-" The Captain said.

"Get out. now. I can handle myself."

As the Captain left, a girl's voice could be heard from behind another door.

"Dad? What's going on?" It asked.

b5e26bea7e80832f3417dec70e5a8982.jpg

A teenage girl entered. She wore a Schoolgirl uniform. She seemed like a sweet innocent girl. She carried a backpack on her back, and appeared to have just gotten back from a Private School somewhere.

It would be best to keep it civil while she was here.

"Kiku, I'm just doing a business deal. It will be done soon."

"Can I stay and watch? If I'm going to run the company for you soon, I should watch." The girl said happily.

"Fine, fine." He said. He turned to Tony. "I can fix it, don't worry. I'd just keep it civil right now. Corporate Security doesn't like it when CEO's daughters are in danger."

The girl happily giggled and sat in a large comfy chair near Meiko. "I love your outfit!" She said happily.

He kicked back. "So, what were we talking about?"

@Mari @Ekaterina

Meiko was surprised at this event. So the big bad guy had a little daughter? She found that interesting. She wondered if the one of her companions who was threatening the Ekaterina man was going to continue to do so.

Meiko, on the other hand, she would try to make use of the situation as much as possible. She would talk to the little girl. She kneeled down and talked to her. "Well Kiku, I love your outfit as well! Do you have any dolls or toys we could both play with? Things are so serious here, I could use some play time! Do you agree?"

@The Silver Paladin @Cromartie Sarkissian @DapperDogman

Status
Not open for further replies.