• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Arbiter said, "Well met." He lifted the diadem, and placed it on Magana's head. After a moment, it glowed bright green. "Magana Dreambreaker. You are accepted as Lord Delegate of your people, the Ferregard. The Great Hall is Open to you. Do you swear to do all you can for all those under your care, to keep the peace, to uphold the rights of your people, and to do what is right, may the Ancients Help You?"

Getting his answer, he said, "And now, let the Berkak send forth their delegate."

@Altrex

Renn watched the whole Ferregard fiasco with a mixture of shock and stunned disbelief at their attitude. Had they no shred of fear to stand before the emissary of the ancients? He was actually quite pleased that Magana had been chosen as the Lord of the house. She was the only one of them that seemed even remotely interested in creating unity and understanding between the races. He felt she was invaluable to these proceedings, and was anxious to hear what her input would be.

He watched the other Ferregard stiffen when she was accepted though, and he wondered what that meant, and how it would impact what followed. How would they react if she were chosen as Emperor? He had no idea. He just wanted all of this to be over so they could all get back to their lives, and rebuild their world in peace.

• Love
Reactions: Aragon
Kylessa watched and blinked at the Ferregard delegation. What sort of people did they send here, that all but one were rejected? And not just rejected but the crown wouldn't even stay on their heads. She had kept her attention on the one Ferregard who had been casting daggers with his eyes at Garrick and Aylina. he hadn't identified himself, had merely taken a knee and been rejected. That did not surprise her, since she was sure there was something amiss there.

He'd stood and taken his place in line but instead of watching the Arbiter move along his ranks, he was looking at Garrick and Aylina. he was trying to be sly about it, but she could tell what he was doing. She didn't like the feeling she was getting from him either. Something was definitely not right.

• Love
Garrick was happily conversing with Aylina and so, was not aware of the glances that Kylessa was noticing. He'd also been shocked at the Ferregard delegation's problems with the diadem.

He leaned closer to Aylina, "It would seem their method of choosing leadership is not in line with what the ancients would desire moving forward. That is unfortunate." He put his hand on hers and gave hers a gentle squeeze, "Do not worry," he said softly, "You will do just fine in your position and soon this will be far less complicated. Once the Lords are selected, then the process of selecting the Emperor will begin and the Emperor will conduct the rest of this. Who do you think might meet with the Ancient's approval?"

He looked out the door when he heard an odd sound and realized another airship had arrived. he frowned and pushed back his chair, "Please pardon me," he said to her, "I will return shortly."

He stood and left the room and made his way to the landing docks and waited for the ship to dock properly before making his way up the bridge and to the entrance of the Airship. "How can I help you?" he asked, "This is a private meeting."

The man in the airship nodded, "I won't be staying. I ahve a delivery for the Arbiter." He said, "If you could sign for this. I was instructed to make sure to obtain a signature as proof of delivery."

Garrick sighed and took the box. "Safe flight back," he said as he stepped back onto the bridge and turned to stand on the dock. He watched as the airship left, and until it was a good distance away before returning to the kitchen. He opened the box, even though it was not for him and saw 5 bottles of very fine wine. One for each Lord of house, and which were labeled as such, and one labeled for the Arbiter. He looked at the bottles for a long time and then went to get Renn. He had no idea why, but something was making the hairs on his neck stand up, and that was never good.

@Maggie

• Love
"Thank you, Garrick. You're right, I'll be fine. And of course, but do be careful out there." She called after him as he went to the airship. She certainly did notice that man staring her and Garrick down like he wanted them dead! And yeah he gave her the skin-crawly feeling even more than anyone else ever had. What the hell was his problem? He was disqualified, so what! She hadn't qualified either, but she wasn't throwing a 2-year old tantrum, trying to stare holes into someone's face with a dirty look over it. Some people had neither manners, gratitude, nor honor, she had to remember. Not everyone was going to be "alright" with how things were, as Garrick had proven. And suddenly, this whole room made her feel a bit... constricted in the chest. A tightness that made her eyes nearly water. That's how powerful the Ferregard's hatred seemed to be reaching out to her and Garrick. She rose an eye brow, questioningly at the man, wondering if he wanted to speak or vent. She'd no real idea what she could have done to provoke such fury. Who -was- this man? Something was definitely about to happen! She hoped Garrick returned quickly.

• Love
Reactions: Aragon and PoetLore
Magana humbly agreed to fulfill her duties and then returned to her seat next to Buras, instead of sitting with the rest of her delegation. none of them had bothered to save her a seat, or even attempt to befreind her. But this Berkak had, and he was going out of his way to do so. sadly, she had to admit, that she very much preferred Buras' company to anyone from her delegation.

She sat and gave him a look, "Well..." she said and took a drink of the fruited water that had been poured for her. "That did not go at all as I had expected. You were right. I have a feeling that happens often."

She took another drink of water to calm her nerves and noticed the Berkak Garrick Ericksson leaving. She tipped her head and furrowed her brows, "That's odd, eh?' she said motioning to Garrick's form leaving the room. "Hopefully all is well." she said and then let out a slow breath, "I believe it would be your turn friend Buras..." She said and smiled, "I see green in your future." she said and waited to see what would happen.

@Beowulf

• Love
Reactions: Aragon and Beowulf
"For my sake, I hope I am right and you are wrong. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a test to fail." Buras said, pushing himself away from the table. "And Garrick is a grown man, I'm sure he can take care of himself. Of course, if he can't, there are plenty here that will take care of him." And with that, he walked up to the Arbiter with the rest of his delegation.

"The Berkak Delegation has chosen me, Buras Garethsson, Master Rune Smith of Valeya's Hold, as their Lord. I approach you in hopes of gaining the Ancient's approval as well." He had been practicing that all night, and lucky him he didn't stutter and stumble over his words. Hopefully he wasn't to formal, though. Then again, was anything to formal for an occasion like this? He could have recited what every Berkak king has had to said when they took the crown, but he was no lord let alone a king. Well, the Ancients would straighten that out and prove his point.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore and Aragon
The Arbiter smiled, and said, "Well Met, Rune Smith Buras." He put the diadem on Buras' head, and it instantly glowed green. "Delegate Buras, you have been accepted as the Lord Delegate of your people, the Berkak. The Great Hall is Open to you. Do you swear to do all you can for all those under your care, to keep the peace, to uphold the rights of your people, and to do what is right, may the Ancients Help You?"

Buras stood there in dumbfounded silence and almost looking like someone has just clubbed him. "Aye, I swear." he told the Arbiter. Well, so much for being right a lot. But he had to double check, just in case. Motioning for the Arbiter to bend over a little, he whispers. "Can you double check that real quick? Measure twice and what not. I'm not saying the Ancients are wrong, I'm just wondering if they're sure."

And once the double check was done, and the diadem turned green again, Buras frowned in a look of disagreement. "Bah, I'll do my best but I'm sure they'll see their mistake eventually." he muttered so only the Arbiter could hear and returned to his seat next to Magana. "I'm not right enough." he told her as his rear made contact with the seat. "But there's nothing I can do about it so I might as well just accept it, for now. And once our 'Lordly' duties are done for the day, I expect to see you in the forge. I want to be started with these lessons as soon as possible. Because the sooner we find out if you have a block or not the sooner we can crack it, and get into the real lessons."

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Torna, being of one of the old clans, stood, walked over to Buras, and bowed deeply. "On behalf of mine clan, I do give my allegiance and that of my clan to you, Lord Delegate Buras, as is my duty, according to the Ancient Edicts of the Elders of Old." He straightened, and said, "You have both my sympathy and my congratulations, Lord Buras."

Feolis had to hide his amusement at the Ferregard incident. However, as a Lord Delegate, he had to hold his emotions in check. He stood, and said, "Lord Arbiter, might I ask for a short break for refreshments and stretching prior to beginning the vetting of the Delegates for Emperor?"

The Arbiter said, "Lord Delegate Feolis, I agree. Delegates, there shall now be an hour recess for refreshment. Food will be brought, and those who must retire for their refreshment, may do so. I ask that all Lord Delegates and their entourages return to the table in one hour. Dismissed."

Renn smiled at Buras' reaction but gave no other indication of his thoughts about the matter. He was glad to have a bit of a break from this himself. He stood and stretched a bit and looked around at everyone mulling about. The Ferregard left as a unit, leaving Magana behind. He frowned at their retreat, and he happened to notice one of them break away from the others and head toward the airship docks. Odd.

He took a drink from his fruited glass and then looked at the Arbiter, "Interesting morning," he said casually but with a sparkle in his eyes, "What are your thoughts on the happenings?" he asked, "I know you are impartial...sorry I should not ask such things."

Kylessa too watched the Ferregard delegation leave rather quickly, in fact they hadn't even sat back down. Well, aside from Magana, the others hadn't sat dawn, not even while Buras was being accepted. Like Renn she noticed the one man break away from the others and frowned. She wasn't sure what to say, or even IF she should say anything. She could well understand them being embarrassed and flustered after that rather resounding rejection of most of their group. She hadn't even noticed the rest of her delegation standing and leaving, she was so lost in her own introspection.

When she finally did look around, she was sitting alone and blinked. She quickly stood and made her way back to her room to think where she could examine what she'd written down and try to make sense of it all. There was something odd going on, and she was determined to figure out what it was before there was another attack. She was hoping an hour was enough time to get that done, and if something came to mind she'd mention it to general Aradove.

Garrick saw that the group had dismissed and made his way to Renn and saw him speaking to the Arbiter. "I wonder if you two would accompany me to the kitchen?" he asked. Renn nodded and he led them back and showed him the bottles. "This seems very ... suspicious ... to me." he said honestly, "I wonder if either of you have a way of detecting if there is anything amiss in these bottles?" I don't want to give them to anyone without knowing, but I don't want to raise an issue if they are fine either. I felt it best to be sure."

He looked at the door and then tapped Renn's arm, "I need to go and speak to someone...if you will excuse me for just a moment..." and gave the Arbiter a slight smile and there was even a little red in his cheeks.

He made his way back to Aylina and smiled at her and offered her a hand up from her seat, "Thank you so much for waiting for me to return," he said with a bright twinkle in those blue eyes. "I need to tend to something in the kitchen, but then we can have a short explore, before we need to return for the choosing of the Emperor. I'm sorry to make you wait, but I will be right back." he promised.

He went back to the kitchen then and found Renn examining the bottles.

The Arbiter sat back in his seat, and leaned close to converse with Renn. "If my choice had been used, I'd have likely ejected many of the people here, for disrespect of what they have to do. I did not know the powers that my...kin... put within the diadems. I also do not know precisely what their criteria for judging a rightful leader might be. I admit, though, I was intensely surprised and amused by the flying diadem. That was... so antithetical to what I'd believe the Ancients to do to a magical artifact."

The Arbiter looked up at Garrick, and, after listening to his words, said, "Of course, friend. What is it?" The Arbiter waved his hands over the bottles, for a moment. Then, he said, "Poison. All of them. Am I right, Renn?"

• Love
Renn looked at the bottles and labels and lifted a brow, "Indeed," he agreed, "Very suspicious." He glanced at the Arbiter and tipped his head, "I can cast a spell to detect poison," he admitted, "But I will ahve to go to my room and gather the necessary components from my bags. Do you have a faster way?" he asked the Arbiter.

The Arbiter nodded, and said, "I am certain it's poison. Soul-bane, if I be not mistaken. How the beasts that made it did so is not known to me."

Garrick frowned as he came back in the room and heard the Arbiter confirm his fears, "So, someone outside the proceedings seeks to put an end to them," he noted. "Who would have a reason? What would they hope to gain?" he asked shaking his head.

He looked at the two, "What should we do with these then?" he asked, "I have never heard of that poison, how is it to be disposed of safely?"

Renn blinked, "Soul bane?" he put the bottle he was examining down and frowned. he looked at Garrick and frowned, "We cannot touch the corks, or any part of the liquid. And we cannot allow it to touch anything someone might come into contact with." Again he looked at Mikael, "You might be able to handle it, but I would rather you did not attempt it, unless you can magically dispel it, or make them disappear."

Status
Not open for further replies.