• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
2iu6xd2.jpg
[fieldbox="Briar Black; Middle Courtyard, #ebb063"]

The book had taken a little time to get into, mostly cause she found her focus wavering. It wasn't unlike when someone was reading and eyes, delirious with sleep-need, went cross, but the words themselves were crossing in her mind, a bunch of gibberish as she got letters wrong, trying to read too quickly. Briar took a deep breath, the heat of it enveloping her nose, which she suddenly realized was quite cold. Pulling her scarf up around her face, she came to realize that breakfast had been laden with garlic and onions, but the moist heat on her dainty jawline was welcome all the same, she would just maintain oral respiration exclusively. The cold sinking into her coat and ear muffs was enough to get through the alcohol-induced dysfunction. Laying her hands to the page again, she started gliding her fingers over the numerous bumps and counting, getting the rhythm back for the read just before someone joined her in the courtyard.

It was a girl's voice, talking to someone who must've been there already. "Jay? Hi," she said, the two words emphasized by a clearing of the throat in between. Despite the distance, the blind girl could hear her just fine, though the voice was somewhat familiar it wasn't anyone's she recognized. Someone else must've been out there and she hadn't noticed it. It wouldn't be the first time.

A hesitant hello followed. It was a male's, deep and quiet. There was silence, which was perfectly fine for Briar, who was just about to jump off a building with the main protagonist of her novel. The boy in real life had other ideas, though,.

"It was a terrible morning," he cried. At least, that's what it sounded like to someone trying not to listen in on a conversation in the silence of an empty, fall courtyard. "At least for me. I feel like shit. I hope you're doing better at least."

She decided to pull the scarf up around her ears, maybe that would help. They were getting cold anyway, too. Her protagonist pushed his hands to either side of the bricks around him, his toes digging into their grout to keep from falling too quickly to his death - he was the kind of guy who would rather examine clay drying while bleeding out over watching the sidewalk run up for a big, head-splattering hug. Looking up just in time to meet the antagonist's eyes, he thought "Who am I kidding? No I'm not," and closed all four limbs around him as he was barraged with what felt like bullets to his leather jacket. Covering himself from the attack kept him from seeing the white ground as it enveloped him. "Thank the gods for snow in July," he whispered, the unnatural berm much gentler than concrete could ever try to be.

"Were you avoiding me?"

That wasn't the book. Briar held her breath and stared hard at the black-brown deadspace of the wall in front of her. Oh god, drama. She'd recognized the 'voice by now and should've known there was a chance he would be out here again, but she couldn't have guessed her stalker-creeper would have brought company. Actively ignoring the rest of the conversation, she glared into her book, somewhat more aggressively sliding her fingers across the lines as the main character slid across the icy street to avoid his pursuers, aggressively shooting back at them with less intention of killing as maiming so he could have a more successful getaway.

The blind witch on the other side of the lawn was having significantly less trouble, but trouble nonetheless. The couple across the way had started having a regular conversation, discussing like near-adults and expressing themselves with healthy lilts and flux - it was becoming easier and easier to disregard as background noise. That is, until their speech started slowing down, angsty teenage pauses louder than anything they could've said. She could still ignore it. Right?

"You know, if you're cold we could just go inside," he offered.

Yes! she answered in her head for the girl. It must've been Kiyoko, from the night before, the one the Weasle had been targeting.

Instead of waiting for an answer, though, he upped the ante with "I know several different ways to warm you up."

Briar's hand slid to a stop, her mouth parting ever so slightly. That statement alone was enough to accomplish his goal, but she didn't think it was meant for her. All the same, the heat rose from her flipping belly up to her eyeballs a a simultaneous chill went down her back and froze her in place. What, other than drama, were teenagers good at? Sexual tension. Now she knew what pink felt like. Oh god, the one time she sat on the opposite side of the tree so she wasn't hiding and the only people to enter do so from the opposite end of the courtyard, had no idea she was even there, and decided to start flirting. Heavily.

Kiyoko's voice had dropped in volume, but the slow cadence made her words clearer than volume could have. "Do elaborate." She practically purred! There was an unmistakably soft sound, then she added, "I'm all ears."

"I'm not!" The blind witch called. She closed her book, shoved it into her bag, pulled her coat tight around her and tried to imitate a turtle as she headed for the nearest gap in the cloister. Her steps weren't light and her toe caught on the stone as she stepped onto the walk. Oh god, she had to get out of there, but she'd already announced her presence. Throwing her hand in the air to indicate she was fine and to make it clear she was, in fact, leaving, she shouted with a hysterical break toward the red blur that could've been mistaken for a single person, "Happy Halloween!" then rushed back inside without another glance.

Hustling down the hall, she threw herself around the first corner and leaned against the wall. Was she panting? Briar clamped her mouth shut, that was weird. Her eyes angled for the ceiling where she suspected no one would be making innuendo at the expense of a poor 16-year-old girls sanity. Hopefully.

[/fieldbox]
2iu6xd2.jpg

Character Interactions:
Kiyoko Oshiro (@Namora)
Jayden Everdragomir (@Wicked)​

JGJnH7l.png

[glow=blue]
star_blue.png
Hogwarts :: Quidditch Pitch
star_blue.png
[/glow]

"Both of you, piss off," the Slytherin's very own raven-haired Rapunzel snapped in her direction. Shooting her a rather nasty glare too. Quickly followed by a "Thank you!" from everyone's favorite little Hobbit shooting her another glare. Madison couldn't help herself. Dramatically slapping her hand to her chest, she stumbled back, leaning against the other, much more tolerable twin, Zedekiah. Acting as if she seemed faint she laid a hand against her head and sighed, "Oh no! I've made Alistair angry! Oh, Merlin, whatever shall I do?!" Making her voice crack at the end, she covered her face in her as she proceeded to fake sob into them, which quickly turned into having a fit of laughter. Did they honestly think they would scare her away by giving her a few glares? Oh my, she was certainly shaking in her boots. Not.

It seemed though that Alistair was quite on a roll with this snapping at everyone thing. He had always been rather good at losing his temper. At least, around Madison that is. Now it was directed towards Melinda. Madison watched with an amused expression on her face. 'Blow the engagement off? More things to do?' Alistair echoed, his voice steadily rising with each word. 'I'm not about to deny my family this wonderful honour, are you?' Oh dear, that was quite unexpected. Did he actually want to get married to her? Oh no! Had Melinda actually hurt his feelings by telling him to call it off? This was certainly more drama than she had originally anticipated, and the same could be said for Melinda seeing that she was just as surprised by this sudden outburst as Madi was.

"It would be a great dishonour to marry someone with hair longer than I'm tall!" Melinda spat back at him, making Madison chuckle and shake her head. Totally not one of her best comebacks but she was trying, right? "Now excuse me as I continue my training, we have a match to beat you at, honourable one," There was certainly going to be trouble in paradise with this couple. Madi would, of course, be around to help, and watch since they offered her a much needed break from the stressful reality. Nothing wrong with a little comedic relief. "Now, what is our strategy, captain?"

"I'll get my gear," A husky voice spoke out after Melinda. She watched as Etienne slowly made his way down the bleachers. Madison was glad Alistair hadn't scared him away. The more the merrier afterall. "Glad you're joining us Etienne" Madison said to him with a warm smile. That's what probably made her different. She wasn't so uptight about this whole blood purty issue like the rest of the purebloods surrounding her. No wonder Etienne was uncomfortable, she would be too, if she was in his shoes. That's why Madison made a point to treat everyone equally. Clasping her hands together she turned her attention towards Melinda. "We're going to be doing something a bit different since we're going up against the house of snakes. I want to focus on scoring points. We're going to be extremely aggressive this time around. But, you're going to need your endurance up, because we're going to be taking things fast, and by fast, I mean really fast." She said with a grin.

One of the biggest issues Madison had to worry about for the upcoming match was the fact that there was a Jayden fucking Everdragomir blocking her way to victory. Everyone had heard about his quidditch try outs and Madison had gone and personally spied on a couple practice sessions of theirs and the rumors were true. He was a freaking beast on the field. Normally she would've been jealous if she didn't have to face him. Madi wished he was on her team instead, but that isn't how lucked worked out. So she needed to tweak her strategy a bit and by a bit she meant a lot. She had been stressing over what to do for the longest, when it finally came to her she could swear she heard angels singing the hallelujah chorus.
Characters Mentioned:

@Dredd > Alistair Blackbourne

@darkflames13 > Zedekiah Blackbourne

@WishfulNemo > Melinda Geralds

@Mglo > Etienne Stark

@Wicked > Jayden 'fucking' Everdragomir xD

vSs0BZJ.png

[glow=green]Hogwarts :: Great Hall :: Slytherin Dungeon :: Girl's Dormitory :: Gallagher & Runeswell's room [/glow]

"I don't know, seems like Prefect business to me. I mean why else would she talk to that sleazeball?" Jayden said with a bitter tone. Sabrina's light azure orbs darted over in the direction Jay had been staring. That's when she noticed Anice animatedly engaged in a conversation with the none other than the Ravenclaw prefect, Lucas Grey. Her own eyes narrowed at the sight of them. For someone who was supposed to be her friend, Lucas Grey sure did have a funny way of showing it. He had practically avoided her all year. Whenever he did approach her he would always apologize about not having time to have tea with her, like she was honestly upset over his lack of time for tea. For someone who claimed to be as smart as he, he wasn't really that bright. She was angry with him for the simple fact of him being a poor so called friend. Whatever, she didn't need fake friends around. She had enough of those already, but she surely wouldn't continue to put up with such nonsense from him. If he didn't want to hang out with her then so be it, see how much she cared. Though what she did care about was Anice hanging around with him. She didn't want his bad habits rubbing off on her, Anice was very impressionable after all. Mother was not happy about this. "But that is none of my business," Jay muttered taking a sip of his tea. This made Sabrina smile a little and wonder if he was imitating Kermit the frog for comical purposes.

If this was indeed Prefect business, she wondered what it could be about. She knew she really didn't have that much to worry about, though. She had secured her innocence while placing a contract curse on the notes on bulletins. So if it was indeed something linked to what she did, she'd get off free. She smiled, taking a sip of her own tea before finishing up her breakfast. Jayden finished the rest of his tea in one gulp, placing the mug down on the table before standing up, "I'm gonna go catch up some fresh air, I think I need it. I'll see you around later, yeah?" Sabrina nodded in his direction and he was soon gone after that. Finishing her tea as well, she placed her cup down on the table then wiping her mouth with her napkin before getting up from her seat as well. She had things that needed taking care of as well. Dropping her napkin down on the table, she shoved her hands into her pockets and quickly left the Great Hall, heading back to her room in the Slytherin dungeons.

--

It didn't take long for her to get back. It was still rather quiet in the halls so she assumed that people were still nursing their hangovers in their rooms. She crossed over to her side of the room, lifting up her pillow from her bed and grabbing the film from last night. Well, this picture wasn't going to develop itself. She got started, rummaging around her room for the equipment she would need. The chemicals, the water, the string the clips, bins to put things in. For a process that was fairly simple, there were a lot of things that went into it. Sabrina started to get to work, concentrating on not making a mistake, because if she did, then the picture would be ruined. Then again she had done the picture developing process many times before. It was almost like second nature to her now. Still, she wanted to be extra careful this time, she had no backups. A couple minutes of silence and hard work she had the film ready to be put in the drying stage. Taking a piece of string and hanging it from the walls she hung up the picture with clips. While the picture was drying, she figured she'd change out of Jayden's clothes.
ooc: Short posts yay! Gotta love 'em

@Wicked > Jayden Everdragomir

@Faust > Lucas Grey

@VocaStar > Anice Runeswell

fky72e.jpg

♡ 6th Floor Somewhere~ ♡
The girl clearly hadn't been expecting her question. Actually, she looked a bit horrified by it, and took another moment to think about it. Then, she turned to Maia again.... And sneered. Maia recoiled automatically in surprise. She hadn't been expecting that at all. She spoke so primly, Maia was half surprised she didn't turn into a wealthy old hag on the spot. "Considering the fact we have been in the same house since our first year, I am not sure if I should be offended or not." The other girl turned her nose up at Maia arrogantly before looking away, as if the small girl wasn't worth her time. What kind of freakish change in personality was this? Or wait, was it a change? She seemed so normal when joking about her roommates and the crickets, but it had seemed as though she had a lot of pride about her family, if nothing else. Maybe this was her original personality and Maia just hadn't noticed it. Speaking of not noticing, the girl was in her house... and had been since first year. It was embarrassing, and a little humiliating, and she could feel a hot blush of both shame and anger coloring her cheeks, but Maia had never been great at remembering names and faces. Besides the ones she'd spent more time with, most people just blended into one another in her head. It wasn't that easy!

The girl continued to speak snootily, not even bothering to look at her. "Let's play a game." What?! "You have three chances to guess my identity before I tease you unmercifully." Maia stared at her, dumbfounded. What had just happened? Was she angry or not? What did she want?! "You may ask me three questions to try and discovery my name. You may not, however, ask a random person if they know who I am, as that would be cheating-" cheating?! What was this, a test? "-and not as much fun in the end." Torn between the urge to laugh and the urge to scowl, Maia's face twisted into an odd sort of expression that was impossible to describe. Half-irritation, half-amusement. This girl was confusing her, and she wasn't sure she liked the way she was doing it. She felt bad, certainly, that she hadn't recognized one of her own house and classmates, but it wasn't kind to poke fun at her for it.

"If you happen to succeed, you will have truly earned your place in the house of Ravenclaw, and I promise I will not get angry over the fact you do not know my identity." She then looked back to give Maia another self-confident smirk.

Maia scowled. She was not a very competitive person, she never had been. Nor was she usually so quick to get mad, but just because she acted like a child didn't mean there weren't things that could irritate or upset her. No one had told her she needed to justify being a Ravenclaw, before. What was it with Hogwarts and house prejudice? Garaile acting as though she'd love to do his homework for him just because she was a little Ravenclaw nerd, and now her, this random stranger telling her she had to guess a name, of all the ridiculous things, in order to prove she was worthy of it. And why, exactly was she obligated to do that? The girl was probably joking about it, and it wasn't like her to get so easily affected by other people being unreasonable, but she was feeling a little frustrated. She had no doubt she wouldn't guess this girl's name. There were billions of names in the world, and she had no idea where to start. Joke or not, she didn't want to guess, but with how she was acting, she could imagine this mystery girl becoming very snippy indeed. Then again, what did it matter? She'd angered more people over something as simple as a hug.

Without a moment's pause, she snapped back impetuously, "I don't know. I'm not much good with names, and I'd really like it if you didn't make fun of me for it. It's rude, you know." Maybe she was going a bit far, but at the moment, Maia didn't care. Goodness, everyone was frustrating her, today.

Characters interacted with:
Alice Bishop - @Hyanna

tumblr_ntmj0zEWE01ucie7qo1_500.jpg

Great Hall>> Outside of the Great Hall

The corner of Stella's mouth pulled up into a mischievous smirk, and when she began to speak, her voice just dripped with sarcasm. "Really? I'd have thought you'd enjoy the challenge." Ryan would indeed enjoy the challenge of taking a selfie of himself puking slugs, actually. Stella certainly knew him well. Imagine that image as his profile picture on everything.

Ryan opened his mouth to reply, but promptly closed it again as Stella's expression grew into a slightly more serious one, waiting for what she had to say. "But honestly, Rye, what are you on about? Detectives and clues and being prefect. What, is someone going around randomly hexing people?" Why, look at her, the little detective. She hit it right on the nose. Though, of course, it wouldn't take Sherlock to figure things out.

"Well---" he began, only to notice that for some, unfathomable reason, Stella was leaning closer to him, a frown on her face and her hands on her hips. Ryan furrowed his brow in confusion, frowning just a little himself as he leaned almost imperceptibly back. What, was there something on his face?

Just as he reached up his hand, planning to rather unceremoniously wipe off his face with his sleeve, Stella spoke again. "Are you alright? You look a bit... green." Oh, right. Feeling as though you've got the plague might do a little something to your good looks. Unfortunate. But of course, Ryan wasn't going to let himself be taken down by a petty headache.

"Just trying to show some house spirit," he said in an unnecessarily proud tone. Especially unnecessary when the real reason behind his greenness was having a bit too much pumpkin juice, but he saw the chance with her words, and he took it. She didn't have to know why he was feeling deathly ill. "But back to your first question. You're actually right!" Ah, the imaginary applause was booming for the Hufflepuff right now. "McGonagall said that a lot of students have been throwing up slugs today---I haven't seen any but I'll have to take her word for it---and all the prefects are supposed work together to figure out the culprit." Ryan paused to give a pointed look at the nonexistent prefects around him. "I don't even know where any of them are, so I have no idea of how she expects me to work with them."

Reactions: Nemopedia
Tn7lAUw.jpg

Hogwarts Castle (Outside of Aled's window - Qudditch Pitch)

(Ooc: Short one for a comeback. Gotta get Caia out of dealing with NPC situation)

It has been a while now, and what seemed to be a depression and fear, soon turned to anger. She wasn't as sure what was she angry with precisely. She only knew it was there. Smacking once more against the window, she shouted out. "At least clean your damn windows!" Her wand jumped lightly in excitement as she raised her voice, but figuring out it was a false alarm, the weak vibration soon came to stop. Caia fixed her flying gloves and grabbed the broom's nose. "You get your sorry shit together, and let me know when you do." Gary tilted his head at his owner. "What are you looking at?" Caia asked and turned the broom. "Don't look at me like that." The bird shook it's feathers and set off the rail over the window, back towards the open field that was spread around the Hogwarts castle. As she ascended back into the sky and between the clouds, it occurred to her. Why the hell was she as persistent? It was close to none of use and it only made her feel worse. Deciding to get back to her main mission there in that castle, she finally set her teaching obligations among everything else, like she used to do. And MacNeil? Well. He would be just fine. Silent treatment never hurt anyone. If he survived the last fit, he would survive a bit of an ignoring. For once, it was his time to apologize and she was firmly decisive about it. It was the season of Qudditch games, and was the best time to make those cocky sons of Merlin wish they were never born.

She flew back over the Quidditch pitch once more, checking on any left behind equipment that could be laying around. There was something left behind alright. Several Gryffindor students stood in the middle of the pitch, talking about something that was hard to pick up on from that height. Recognizing the faces of the students that she was used to see for several years now, made her day so much better. She descended a bit, partially hiding in the clouds, before turning and landing onto the wooden bleachers, sitting down and laying her broom under her seat. Gary made several circles around the pitch, descending onto one of the spectating towers, draped with Ravenclaw's colors.

As she lifted her legs onto the wooden divider, set between the bleachers and the field and crossed her arms, she overheard a small portion of an ongoing conversation. "It would be a great dishonour to marry someone with hair longer than I'm tall!" Caia couldn't help but chuckle. That was most certainly Melinda's voice and knowing Blackbourne siblings well through certain things, Alistair most likely had it coming from miles away. She rarely even cared about personal conversations on the pitch as long as they were not affecting the game in a negative way and she treated this conversation the same. She really couldn't have cared less. The conversation was cut short once Melinda insisted on continuing the practice and referring to Madison. She had to admit, she was more than fond of those girls and their unquestionable skills. However, her love always reflected through sarcasm, snarkyness and overall blood sweat and tears and the girls were no different.

"I'll get my gear." Etienne announced and came down the bleaches. Caia wondered if he even noticed her. She hoped. She would love to enjoy the "no pressure" practice and simply enjoying in the skills the Gryffindors had. Being a former Gryffindor herself, she always had that additional dose of happiness while witnessing Gryffindors kicking the living hell out of other rivals, even though she was equally proud on all four houses. "We're going to be doing something a bit different since we're going up against the house of snakes. I want to focus on scoring points. We're going to be extremely aggressive this time around. But, you're going to need your endurance up, because we're going to be taking things fast, and by fast, I mean really fast." No wonder she was absolutely fit for the captain role. The girl had a good head on her shoulders. Especially when it came to leading her team. Caia understood Madison's struggle. Slytherin seemed more than confident in taking that first place from them this year. Maybe even too confident. It was absolutely certain that Slytherin wasn't a team to laugh at, but they were far from the invincible. At least from what she saw this year. Working with teenage kids was hard if they weren't motivated by anger and aggression and it was something that was not allowed on the pitch. Too bad, but rules are rules. Having more than one trouble with Slytherins this year, Caia was certain that if they wouldn't get their heads together, Gryffindor might as well take their place right under their noses. As the small group prepared to practice, she made herself comfortable.

NPC - Professor Aled MacNeil
@WishfulNemo > Melinda Geralds
@Misaou > Madison Reeden
@Mglo > Etienne Stark
@Dredd > Alistair Blackbourne
@darkflames13 > Zedekiah Blackbourne
Mentioned: Slytherin Qudditch Team

etienne%20black.jpg

[Quidditch Pitch]
Etienne gave a small and awkward smile as a reply to the Captain's. In his eyes she was the perfect Gryffindor and every time he interacted with her, he couldn't help but admire her as a person. It made him feel a little less small that she, a pureblood, had not only talked to him but also smiled at him in front of other purebloods. It made him stand a little straighter, but not too much because he didn't want to be cocky or anything.

As Madison van Reeden turned to Melinda, Etienne could overhear her words. Extreme aggression... He'd do anything for the Captain, in fact, he'd stuck around in the team longer than expected because of her. However, the sound of extreme aggression was a bit of a sore spot for him right now. Last night had not been at all comfortable... trying to be anything remotely close to that - Etienne didn't like it.
The last words he heard before he entered the building heading into the changing rooms, was snakes. It reminded him of that Everdragomir fellow and Etienne felt the pit of his stomach drop. That was one person he was avoiding. Etienne could only hope that he wasn't the type of fellow to listen or bother with rumors. He didn't know the guy very well, but also couldn't deny that he didn't like the idea of being hated by another half-breed.

The only piece of gear he bothered to grab was the bat and a broom. His physicality was tough, he could take a hit, so he didn't bother putting on the rest of the gear for practice.
Although the Starks had money, they didn't exactly bother spending it on him and his father was so much under their control that not even he had managed to buy Etienne a good broom. So it was, as he walked back towards his teammates, that he silently apologized to the captain because speed was one thing he couldn't deliver on a school broom.

"Ready," he mumbled before looking at Melinda. Under normal circumstances he would have suggested that she be careful, that he didn't want to accidentally make her fly off her broom since she was so hard to see on account of her height. However, the kiss came to mind and a glimpse at the other purebloods, Alistair and Zed, made his lips seal shut.

Hoping to evade the whole social awkwardness, Etienne prepared to mount the broom so that he could fly away himself.

Characters mentioned:
@darkflames13 – Zedekiah Blackbourne
@FieryCold – Alistair Blackbourne
@Misaou – Madison van Reeden
@WishfulNemo - Melinda Geralds
@Wicked - Jayden Everdragomir

Last edited:

((OOC: Short post, sorry. I'm low on inspiration for my dear at the moment.))
2qk7cr5.jpg

♣ Outside the Great Hall ♣
"Just trying to show some house spirit." Rye bluffed. This was why Stella could never quite tell how much she could trust him. He sounded so... fake? It was difficult to describe. It was more that she couldn't discern with what intention he flippantly shrugged off some of her questions and answered others. He did look kind of ill, but if he didn't want to talk about it, she really wasn't about to push Rye of all people. She got the feeling he would purposefully equivocate just because he thought it was fun. "But back to your first question. You're actually right!" He said cheerily, with the kind of tone people at carnivals used when you won the plushy. Wait, what first question? Had she honestly asked him a question earlier? Useful, as always, he answered her question before she'd spoken it. "McGonagall said that a lot of students have been throwing up slugs today - I haven't seen any but I'll have to take her word for it - and all the prefects are supposed to work together to figure out the culprit. I don't even know where any of them are, so I have no idea of how she expects me to work with them."

Her eyes widened momentarily in genuine surprise. "Really?!" Although she'd said the only logical conclusion that had come to mind with his little hints, she hadn't actually expected to be right. A sneaky little grin creeped its way back onto her face. "Are you sure you should be telling me that? I might be the hexer, for all you know." She joked, before going back to a more serious expression. "But since when has this been happening? I don't recall hearing anything about it yesterday."

Ryan "Rye" McCallion - @Nougat

((I was struck with a case of procrastination and lack of imagination.))

For a moment, Stella looked genuinely surprised, even letting out an exclamation of wonder. Why? Was it really such a shocking thing that she was right? Ryan was starting to worry for her grades a little. She might be the sort who jumps for joy just getting an Acceptable. Not Ryan's problem, though. "Are you sure you should be telling me that? I might be the hexer, for all you know." Ryan let out a short burst of laughter at her joke. Right. If Stella was the hexer, then Ryan would immediately withdraw his role as prefect. As if. "But since when has this been happening? I don't recall hearing anything about it yesterday."

Ah, a fine question… For someone other than Ryan to answer. He could only shrug. "I really have no idea. I mean, it probably could have happened yesterday, I don't think a lot of people would have noticed some slugs on the ground. McGonagall didn't actually say when she noticed what was going on. She really hasn't given me any leads at all." Ryan sighed one of those much too loud and much too dramatic sighs, sounding quite disgruntled about the lack of evidence. He wasn't Sherlock, he couldn't just figure things out! And even Sherlock might get a list of the victims. "She'll be the death of me someday, I swear. Anyway, do you want to come hunt hexers with me, then? I don't really feel like finding the other prefects, and doing it myself seems like quite a bit of unnecessary effort. " Ryan had already taken a half step away, ready to get things done and over with so he could relax for the rest of his day.​

((OOC: Happens to us all, and you're still being faster at replies than me!!))
2qk7cr5.jpg

♣ Outside Great Hall ♣
"I really have no idea." Rye responded, "I mean, it probably could have happened yesterday, i don't think a lot of people would have noticed some slugs on the ground. McGonagall didn't actually say when she noticed what was going on. She really hasn't given me any leads at all." He sighed dramatically, as if he really cared about the lack of leads. Stella often wondered just how it was that prefects were chosen in Hogwarts, as Rye was not the only one who seemed to take this "job" less than seriously. If master prankster Lucas Grey could even get a prefect's badge, she wasn't all too sure McGonagall's judgment was... completely sound, but who was she to judge? As if responding to the sentiment, Rye continued, "She'll be the death of me someday, I swear." Ah, Rye, only he could talk about the Headmistress like she was a fussy mother. "Anyway, do you want to come hunt hexers with me, then? I don't really feel like finding the other prefects, and doing it myself seems like quite a bit of unnecessary effort." He offered.

Stella considered it for a moment, then smiled ruefully and shook her head. "While playing detective does sound rather fun, I'm afraid I'd be no good at it. Besides, I did actually have an original purpose in heading this direction. I woke up a bit late, and am rather famished at the moment." She smiled, "I'll ask around if you like, though. Perhaps other people have heard something about it."

Ryan "Rye" McCallion - @Nougat

Stella seemed to actually consider helping Ryan for a moment, but finally shook her head no with an apologetic smile. "While playing detective does sound rather fun, I'm afraid I'd be no good at it. Besides, I did actually have an original purpose in heading this direction. I woke up a bit late, and am rather famished at the moment. I'll ask around if you like, though. Perhaps other people have heard something about it."

"Ah, too bad then. Have a nice breakfast, if you find anything out, that'd be great, and if you feel like playing detective later, you can always come find me. I'll put a word in about my good friend Stella when I talk to McGonagall, too." Ryan said the last part with a laugh, waving goodbye to the girl. He turned and started to leave. Well, that sucked. Ryan really wasn't interested in doing any detective work, at least not today, and having someone else would have really eased that workload. Or completely erased it/depending on the person. It would be bothersome to genuinely go and look for people, though. Maybe if some other kind classmate of his managed to cross paths with him. But for now, he supposed that he might have to do something.

Maybe the library would be a good place to start. It was nice, quiet, there must have been some unlucky slug-slinging hungover kids resting their heads as they lamented their terrible luck. If not, sitting in the library sounded like an extremely appealing idea at the moment.​

2vud56u.jpg

♣ Entrance Hall - Great Hall ♣
"Ah, too bad then. Have a nice breakfast. If you find anything out, that'd be great, and if you feel like playing detective later, you can always come find me. I'll put a word in about my good friend Stella when I talk to McGonagall, too." Rye said with a little laugh and a wave. He did sound just a little bit truly disappointed, or so she thought, but he walked away before she could make up her mind about it. "Bye..." While she did feel a little bit bad for him, having to find a hexer with absolutely no leads, and apparently no one to help him, but it was still not something she wanted to take on, even if she could imagine some way she could help him, which she really couldn't. She wasn't exactly a perfect little angel when it came to the rules, either, what with her night travels, and the last thing she wanted to do was draw attention to herself and any potentially "illegal" activities she might be involved in. She'd have to keep a low profile while the prefects were on alert and snooping around.

At the very least, she wouldn't have to go out at night anymore. The Hufflepuff stepped into the Great Hall, checking the sky for any signs of yesterday's storm, swinging her black umbrella up to rest on her shoulder. It looked to be a beautiful day. She smiled, a good day, even if there was a serial hexer around. Well, provided she wasn't hit by the serial hexer, but she had a good feeling about today. She swung around to sit down at the Hufflepuff table. There were a fewer number there than she'd been expecting to see. Some people seemed rather displeased, too, or sick. Kind of like Rye had, actually. What was with all these sick-looking people today, goodness? Now that she thought about it, when she'd been in the Hufflepuff common rooms earlier, lots of people had looked a bit down in the dumps. What was with all the long faces? She didn't see any of her close friends around, but that simply meant she could eat in peace. She ate quickly, but not in a rushed way, more in the way she did when she was happy about something and couldn't help but do everything quickly. She hummed as she ate, umbrella at her feet and hair swinging merrily behind her.

When she was done with her food, she stood up, turning around, only to see a familiar head of shaggy black hair. It looked kind of like Bas or Darcy... but wait, no, that was the Gryffindor table, and it was clearly too big. It was probably Lockett, then. She had to check first, though. Popping her head between Lockett and the person next to him, Stella gave his face a good look. Yup, it was him. She smiled mischievously, her head still parallel to the ground, her long blonde hair resting against the edge of the table. Her bright blue, currently sideways eyes sparkled, as she suddenly remembered the events of about 30 minutes ago. Smooching, were they? "Morning, Lockett!" She said, brightly, feeling a little odd, since she didn't usually actually greet him in the mornings. "How're you this lovely day?"

Sethen Lockett - @Namora

ooc: Friendly request to everyone not to approach the Weasel anymore unless we had planned something. Give the boy his rest. :c
- Sorry for the long, long, long, wait. I thank you for your patience.

full

[Hogwarts; Hospital Wing]

Arms waving towards Adam, Garaile threw the words of the Hufflepuff into the air. He could read the reluctance etched into the face of the Hufflepuff. The discomfort that Adam's body language screamed was just as clear. A devilish laugh was heard inside of the Weasel's mind as his arms snaked towards the shy lad. How he enjoyed to torture his victims. However, a fashionably gloved hand interrupted his way towards his target. Charlotte had come to the rescue, stopping the Weasel from hugging the Hufflepuff who was probably at the end of his wits by now.

What was this with people interrupting him and his joy? The Slytherin student turned towards the girl with a forced smile, eyes crooning into crescents, smiling along with a fake curve on his lips. He would get the Hufflepuff another day it seemed.

"It literally was smashing~" he sang back at the student, thinking back of how he smashed that goblet into the side of Jay's face. Of course Charlotte would know about the story. She always knew about everything going on within the school, but usually kept with herself wisely. A shame, really, for Garaile would love to abuse her talents for his own goals.

"But thank you, Charlotte,"
the Weasel continued, taking in the non-existent praise he was receiving. He knew she only said this to distract him, to keep him from embarrassing a certain potato too much. "When am I not the reason for gossip?" He winked at the girl with a sly smile. There was no one in school who could cause such trouble as he did. No one who dared at least. A lonely business, it was.

"Anyway…" Returning to his original position Garaile yawned at himself. Again a fake, just like he had done earlier with Maia. He got tired of his company again. "I'm going to take a nap. Creating drama just sucks the life out of me," he announced nonchalantly, letting his head fall into his pillow again. "We will hear of each other again…" he mumbled, waving them off, and snuggled into his pillow as he pulled his sheets up. Everything to make his act of fatigue a little more plausible. Now if madam Pomfrey would work with him there. That would be great.

Characters mentioned/involved:
@Wicked – Jayden Everdragomir
@Ritual Lobotomy – Felix Bell
@Nougat – Adam Harrison
@VocaStar – Charlotte Monrova
NPC – Madam Pomfrey​

ooc: My bb is back, sorry for the wait! ><'
ZY15E9P.png

Perhaps he had been wrong to raise his voice. But it hurt his pride to think that Melinda would actually try and wriggle her way out of the engagement. What was so wrong about it anyway? Why had she seemed so repulsed by it? He had expected a different reaction from her. He had not actually thought she would rejoice to hear the news, but neither did he expect she would outright reject him either. It was evident that she thought of the engagement as some complication, a nuisance, especially when she referred to it as something they ought to "fix". She also hinted at her own impatience when she said she had "more things to do".

But what was even more humiliating was that people were actually listening in to their conversation, and teasing them about the engagement, as if it were not a serious matter at all but some joke. Then there was the appearance of the blood traitor and the half-giant, the repulsive thing. It hurt his pride enough to see Melinda react to the news so negatively, but now he had to have such an audience to his humiliation?

Melinda raised her chin, as though to make herself look taller than she actually was. Alistair thought she looked even more ridiculously childlike this way, but didn't say anything. "It would be a great dishonour to marry someone with hair longer than I'm tall!" Melinda snapped. Before Alistair could reply, she reached out and pulled at a few strands of his hair. It was so sudden that Alistair was actually caught off guard, causing him to stumble forward a little. "Now excuse me as I continue my training, we have a match to beat you at, honourable one." And with that, she stomped away, along with Madi and the half-giant scum.

Alistair had no other words to throw back at her. Mostly he was too humiliated and angry to speak. Heck, the two were barely engaged yet and they were already bickering like an old couple. Perhaps Melinda was right: they probably should call off the engagement. Especially if it would only mean he would have to put up with that hair-pulling midget for the rest of his life. But even so, this was his responsibility and he was not about to go and disappoint Grandfather.

"Girls," he muttered, rolling his eyes, as he turned to his twin. "Well, you've been quiet! I hope that spell didn't render you permanently mute." His voice was dripping with venom, even though he was well-aware that his brother hadn't anything to do with the humiliating scene that had just transpired. Unfortunately, there were no mudbloods or half-breeds within reach that he could strangle, and besides that was too much work. So, for now, Alistair had no choice but to vent out his frustrations to his poor brother, his new verbal punching bag. "Aren't you going to follow them? It looks like they're going to practice." His grey eyes were now so narrow they were almost slits.
Characters Mentioned/Interacted With:
Melinda Geralds (@WishfulNemo)
Zedekiah Blackbourne (@Mother Flakes)
Etienne Stark (@Mglo)
Madison van Reeden (@Misaou)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mglo and Nemopedia
[ooc: Wow, I missed writing for this brat. Anyway, let's round up everything guys! Check out the Activity Blog to see everyone's status regarding their activity and to see where your character last posted in the IC. (Or that of others who you are interacting with)]​

6yhdg1.jpg

[Hogwarts; Quidditch Pitch]

Melinda knew better than to tell the shy Etienne to screw off instead of joining them. He was, after all, part of their team. Besides, as much as she hated to admit it, the half-breed had his uses on the field, if only he could be a little bit bolder. Besides, who was she to send away a teammate?

"Glad you're joining us Etienne," Madison gave him a warm smile as she said that. The shorter girl just rolled her eyes at the display. She always had been like that, unbiased towards the crowd and accepting of all. In a way it was admirable, however Melinda found it hopeless. They weren't them, the half-breeds, the muggleborns, even the halfbloods, they weren't alike to the purebloods. Surely they had their magical talents, however, they didn't have the same fortitude, the same strength as they possessed; the original breed. As such they could never be considered an equal.

Alas, she ignored it. There was no reason for Melinda to fuss over Madison if she decided to play along nicely with the rest. Madi probably knew what to do and how to act, so there really was nothing to worry about. However, the shorter Gryffindor certainly hoped that her childhood friend knew that she stood way above them. That was just one thing she wasn't sure of.

Listening to the explanation of what the strategy would be this game the Gryffindor nodded at ther words of the captain. They definitely needed some speed. She had heard some awful stories about the beater of their rivals. Jayden Everdragomir was no joke, and proof why half-breeds shouldn't mingle with the purebloods. Their power was simply overwhelming, uncontrollable, and inhuman. This was certainly going to be a threat for them.

However, luckily the Gryffindor team had a big threat on their side as well. Glancing at Etienne from the side Melinda hoped that the boy could live up to the expectations. More than ever they needed him to make sure that the opponent's bludger didn't hit them. If only this half-giant could muster up half of the courage Everdragomir displayed. However, the girl mused, if he was Hogwarts would in trouble. The Slytherin was enough on his own, especially if she had to believe what the papers wrote about him. Imagine Etienne suddenly threatening girls to date him! Melinda shuddered at the thought.

"Ready?" Etienne stood next to her, his gears ready in hands. Jumping back into reality Melinda stiffened up a little at his sudden presence. There was something off about the boy, however. Looking up at the tall figure Melinda wondered why he remained silent. Wasn't this his chance to make fun about her height? Like he always did? However, the male instead stepped on his broom in silence, as if trying to escape the awkwardness between them.

Something definitely happened last night.

Feeling the blood rush to her cheeks again Melinda tried to wave away her suspicion. Nothing had happened. She hadn't seen him at all last night. Or at least, she couldn't remember seeing him.

'Don't go overthinking things, Melinda,' she mentally scolded herself. Nothing had happened, she was sure of that. By now the Gryffindor had made the decision that she would go to the infirmary straight after practise. She was convinced that it was a fever that made her feel this heat constantly. Or rather, she wanted to believe that it was a fever that made her act like this.

Taking out the brooms stored in the back for the first years Melinda readied herself as well. Glaring into the back of Etienne's head she then clicked her tongue. "Are you ready, is the question," she bit to him. Whatever the reason was that he mercifully let his chance slide by to insult her, Melinda wasn't going to go any easier on him. Or like him any better. Who would like a wimp worse than Sethen anyway?

"If you won't hit that bludger with full strength, I surely hope that you will put that gigantic body of yours to good use," she continued, pushing her feet down to the ground so that she could rise up. The problem with these brooms the school stocked up for the first years, for they weren't allowed to have their own, was often that they were mediocre in quality. However, there was no time to get her own broom out, so the female had to make do with what was offered now.

Realising how she must have sounded the female froze for a second before turning her head with a sharp turn back to the half-giant. A bit too violently as she almost lost her balance in the air. Seems like she needed to do a few rounds on this stick to get used to it. "And with that I mean; make sure we don't get hit by the bludger instead." She quickly added, feeling her cheeks once again flush up at how she was fumbling with her words.

She truly did hope that it were symptoms of the flu.

@Mglo – Etienne Stark
@Namora – Sethen Lockett

etienne%20black.jpg

[Quidditch Pitch]
"Are you ready, is the question,"
"If you won't hit that bludger with full strength, I surely hope that you will put that gigantic body of yours to good use,"
"And with that I mean; make sure we don't get hit by the bludger instead."

Etienne felt a pang of stubbornness as Melinda's tone of challenge rang throughout her words. She was making him feel cowardly and guilty. Guilty because it made it clear that he hadn't been fooling anybody. How long had they known he wasn't giving it his all?
He turned to look at his captain with an apologetic hunch of the shoulders... he'd been letting her down. For all the admiration he claimed to have, it sure felt shitty to face the fact that he was doing nothing to follow her example.

Now he felt like running from even his teammates, not just the pureblood brothers. It was because of this, that he forced himself to speak as he tightly gripped the bat and turned to Melinda, "I doubt the bludger could hit you even if I let it through. Small targets are hard to aim for after all..." the fib lacked a bit of strength, a bit of force, but already he could feel himself breathing better.

Or he would have, if he hadn't noticed her blushing. He swallowed hard and silently told himself it was anger-blushing. Anger! He'd hit a nerve. That was it. He glanced nervously at the purebloods nearby, particularly the newly engaged and then forced himself to look away. He also hadn't been this close to Zed since...

"Don't complain when I do hit it full force Mini-Geralds," he said, and he almost came off as cocky, before he kicked the wooden chest open and released the bludgers. With a strong push his legs gave him the momentum the school broom lacked and he flew upwards. He was a pretty good flyer all things considered. The school broom lacked speed, it lacked the strength to ferry around the weight of the half-giant boy, and its control was skewed further from its already skewed balance from overuse. By all accounts he should have been flying like a first year boy on his first flying lesson, but he wasn't. Years of flying on a mediocre broom had made him better than that. Nevertheless, he was still mediocre compared to a similarly skilled flyer sporting a nimbus or the like.

He flew along for a few seconds, just breathing and enjoying the wind flapping around his clothes. He still felt angry though. Angry at himself. Jeez, he really hated himself sometimes!
A bludger whistled by, making him aware of what he was supposed to be doing and his anger flared again. It was so frustrating... being himself.

He halted in midair and looked around, looking for a bludger to hit. A bludger wouldn't get hurt, he could swing at it. And so it was that when the bludger came straight at him, Etienne let his built up frustration travel through his swing. The bludger was shocked rapidly back into the sky at an alarming rate. Even Etienne had to blink a couple times in surprise! What if he'd swung downward... where there were people. He felt cold fear, his anger long gone with the bludger, but the frustration, that was still there. Always.

"Please..." he whispered to the wind, "tell me nobody saw."

Characters mentioned:
@darkflames13 – Zedekiah Blackbourne
@FieryCold – Alistair Blackbourne
@WishfulNemo - Melinda Geralds

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=transparent][glow=red]Collab Post![/glow][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
vSs0BZJ.png
GgWlvvi.png
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][glow=green] Hogwarts :: Newspaper Room :: Hospital Wing [/glow][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The moment she stepped out of the Great Hall Kass immediately ducked into the nearest empty room and breathed deeply. How she acted around Crissy earlier was very unbecoming of a prefect like her and there was no reason for her to act in such a way. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]One thing was for sure, she definitely needed to apologize to Hazel for causing her discomfort--at least, that's what she assumed what Hazel must've felt at the time. And even if she wasn't, Kass still felt the need to apologize regardless... and perhaps she also owes Crissy an apology. Maybe. The Filipina knew she owed her fellow Ravenclaw an apology. However, she just didn't want to. Kass shook her head. '[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]I'll figure it out later.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]' [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She pushed her thought of the mess earlier aside and looked around the room she had invaded. Mass amounts of paper littered the area. It all seemed familiar to her. Her eyes continued to survey the area and she soon recognized where she was. '[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]The Newspaper club room[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent].' [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Kassandra then recalled how Garaile was in the infirmary. He was most likely not allowed to work for a while. '[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Good. Hogwarts could certainly use a break from the Weasel.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]' [/BCOLOR]Kass was about to leave when something caught her eye. "No way," she murmured to no one in particular, as she walked to the table where the object was resting at. Light brown eyes remained fixated on it. Kass stopped as soon as she was in front of the table and for a good while she merely stared at the object before her, seemingly unable to believe what she was looking at was real.

[BCOLOR=transparent]There, laying in front of her, was a new edition of The Weasel.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sabrina had arrived moments before this unwanted visitor. When she had arrived she had noted there was a new edition of 'The Weasel'. She was just about to read it herself when she heard footsteps coming from the hall. On instinct, she quickly hid in the closet where they stored extra ink and supplies. She wasn't exactly sure why she hid, it wasn't like she had anything to hide. She was apart of the Newspaper club so she was allowed to be in here. Besides, it was interesting for a new edition of 'The Weasel' to already be out. As far as she knew the author of that paper was incapacitated at the moment. [/BCOLOR]She closed her eyes and inhaled, this was nothing out of the usual. Except for, well, her hiding in the supply closet like she was guilty of some crime or something. When she opened her eyes there was a slightly dangerous glint in them and her lips formed a wicked smirk.

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, well, what do you we have here?" she purred in Kassandra's direction. She certainly wasn't expecting to find the prefect here. [/BCOLOR]Sabrina knew exactly who this Ravenclaw prefect was. Not because she wanted to learn about her for her own accord, but rather because of her dear Weasel friend. Out of everyone in this school she was positive she was the closest person to Garaile. It was he who told her about Kassandra here, his new pet. "What's that you're holding?" She blinked at her before walking towards her and reading over her shoulder. Her big blue eyes widened as she stared at the paper in disbelief. Garaile was in the infirmary, there was no way he could've written the new edition.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Putting her own observations together..."You wrote this?" She asked, thoroughly surprised. "This is impressive Kassandra," She added while still reading the paper. "Oh, I'm Sabrina by the way, if you didn't already know," she introduced herself with a gentle smile. [/BCOLOR]"Oh! Garaile will be so pleased you finished this for him. We must take this to him right away," she squealed enthusiastically while clasping her hands. "Though, maybe we should distribute copies. Hmm," she hummed tapping her slender finger on her chin and sighed, "That would take too long, though…"

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kassandra remained quiet as her brain started to think of why and when the Slytherin blonde entered the room. '[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Had she been here all this time?[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]' Greatly confused by everything, she didn't realize that Sabrina had just implied that she must have written the newest Weasel, as the Slytherin was praising her for the work she didn't do. Kassandra felt the need to protest against the assumptions. "But I didn't--" she tried to say, but was abruptly interrupted. [/BCOLOR]Just when Kassandra was about to say something there was a knock on the door. Sabrina turned her attention towards the entrance and saw Andrew together with the rest of her lackeys from last night. She smiled snapping her fingers, "That's it! I've got an idea. Can you guys help me out again?" she asked, she knew they would and she wouldn't even have to give them the puppy dog look, but she did so anyway. Just to drive it home.

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Of course, how can we help Sabrina?" Andrew replied with a smile. Taking the paper from Kassandra, Sabrina gave her a look. "May I?" she asked before turning back to the boys. "Make several copies of this and distribute it to everyone around the school. You know how much Lele loves for the people to read his work." Sabrina smiled warmly. [/BCOLOR]Nodding Andrew cast a spell on the paper that started to produce many identical copies of the paper. The blonde turned her attention back to Kass asking; "Well, shall we take a visit to the infirmary?"

[BCOLOR=transparent]The gears in her mind continued to turn and turn until they finally stopped. Her eyes wandered back to the paper. If she didn't write it, and the Weasel was stuck in the infirmary in no condition to write, then it could only mean that someone else did it; but who? Kassandra tried to recall the members of the Newspaper club and tried to think. Who was loyal enough the Weasel to write the new edition without having him telling them to? [/BCOLOR]A certain white-blonde witch came to mind, but she wasn't certain. Kassandra didn't exactly know the girl. She turned up to look at Sabrina as she snatched the paper out of her hands, handing it to one of the boys. Again, Kassandra hadn't even noticed them entering the room earlier.

[BCOLOR=transparent]When the blonde witch turned back to her and asked if she wanted to visit the infirmary, Kass had the strangest feeling that she shouldn't say yes. However, a thought crossed her mind, What if this was all was planned by Garaile? What if she was wrong and it was Garaile who somehow managed to write the paper and not somebody else? The possibility of this being the case scared her. If she refused Garaile may just reveal her little secret. With that thought in mind, Kassandra wordlessly nodded her head. She was going to pay the Weasel a visit anyway, just to find out exactly what happened to him. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]'[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]I should've just slept in this morning[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent].'[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]She thought to herself thinking that everything that transpired that morning could've been avoided had she simply chosen to catch up on the sleep she lost.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sabrina's warm smile erupted into an excited one. Clasping her hands together, she turned quickly on her heels and lead the way to the infirmary. [/BCOLOR]"Great! Then we're off!" She couldn't help but feel how her smile shifted into a more devious smirk for a split second. She didn't know what Garaile had on this girl, but it must've been something good and juicy. Rina would never ask, though, she didn't really care enough to know. As long as she got to reap some of the benefits from this relationship she would be fine. Besides, if Garaile were in her shoes he wouldn't hesitate to try and do the same either.

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You and Garaile must be close for you to do this for him." Sabrina started the conversation, not looking back but focusing on reaching the infirmary, "I must say, I'm jealous. I don't have a close relationship with Lele like you. Lucky you," she purred. "Unfortunately for me, the Weasel is too guarded and secretive. He doesn't trust me enough to tell me anything," she said, genuinely sounding hurt over the fact that Garaile wouldn't let her in. [/BCOLOR]Kass followed Sabrina to the infirmary. On their way, she couldn't help but notice that the Slytherin seemed to have a slight spring in her step. Either her sleep deprived brain was starting to make her see things or the blonde witch was very excited for what was about to happen. But why would she? Kass wanted to ask her about it but felt that she shouldn't. Her eyes wandered to the ground, while she remained silent, her curiosity and indecisiveness clashing into each other.

[BCOLOR=transparent]The internal war was put on hold when she heard Sabrina speak again. Her attention shifted back to the blonde witch.Sabrina made a remark about Kass being close to Garaile, The Raven had to fight every urge to laugh hysterically at that moment. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]'Close' was the last thing that Kass would describe her relationship with the Weasel. She [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]loathed[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] the male, but she couldn't say that. Saying that she loathed him would involve having to explain why, which would then lead to her revealing… well, just about everything. Still, she couldn't let someone think that they had a close relationship, so she spoke. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We're not exactly close. I just... owe him… a lot." '[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]What a sickeningly nice way of putting it Kass, ten points to Ravenclaw[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent].' It wasn't exactly a lie, she does owe him in a way, but neither was it the full truth. Not wanting to continue the topic, she quickly steered the attention away from her. [/BCOLOR]"You two on the other hand! Just from the fact that he allows you to call him by that nickname. I think that you're the closest person to him there." She paused, taking a moment to contemplate on what to say next before continuing. "As for him being guarded and secretive, well... He wouldn't be the Weasel that everyone loves to hate if he wasn't, now would he?" She tried to sound nice, cheery even in an attempt to make Sabrina feel better. She could've sworn that she heard a hint of hurt in her voice as she said the last bit earlier. Though now that the words had passed her lips, Kass now realized that they were hardly comforting. She sighed. "He'll open up eventually."

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We can only hope," Rina sighed heavily. It would only be fair if they got to have some dirt on the one who always collected dirt from everyone else. Sabrina stopped in front of the infirmary feeling butterflies in her stomach from the excitement of what was about to happen. [/BCOLOR]"Ready?" she asked, smiling at Kass before proceeding to push the door open and waltz into the infirmary. It seemed that her pet Weasel was asleep but that just wouldn't do. Sabrina quickly closed the gap between them, hopping down on his bed and pulling the sheets from his head. "Time to wake up sleeping beauty," she said with a grin and lowered her voice to a whisper just for him to hear;

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'd kiss you awake but I think you would appreciate it more from your Prince Runeswell, don't you think? I mean, you guys certainly had the practice." [/BCOLOR]Sabrina couldn't help but laugh at the last part, it was all too funny. She couldn't wait until Garaile read the article that she brought. She couldn't wait to see his face. Surely he'd be surprised that his pet Raven would do him such a favor. [BCOLOR=transparent]"So good news! Kass here wrote the Weasel for you! Isn't that sweet? They are currently being distributed to the student body as we speak," she said as she handed the paper over.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][glow= red]OOC: Alright guys, it'd be greatly appreciated if we could wrap up as soon as possible. This Chapter will end as soon as this interaction with Garaile is over. Anything left undone after that point will just not happen. You and your partners will have to figure out what happened to resolve the scene. You guys now the drill xD[/glow][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Characters Mentioned:[/BCOLOR]

@Mother Flakes - Kassandra Castillo

@VocaStar - Crispin Fairlie

Me: Sabrina Gallagher & Hazel Mbali

@WishfulNemo - Garaile Scriven

NPC's Andrew and the rest of Sabrina's lackey's

Ooc: I will consider this as my wrap up of all of Melinda's interactions.
6yhdg1.jpg

[Hogwarts; Quidditch Pitch]

"You!" Melinda choked on her words at Etienne's jab as she wasn't quite sure how to counter it. It was nothing new for the giant and her to be bickering against each other. After all, they spent their time with nothing less than poking fun of the other. The feeling that came with it however, this wee little spell of dizziness and heat, that one was new. Usually Melinda felt thrilled when she got to insult the giant, feeling powerful and big, however today she felt painfully self-conscious of herself.

The fact that he just admitted to holding back his powers on the field didn't even bother Melinda. Or at least not enough to enter and register inside of her mind. The female was too busy trying to sort out what her true feelings were and what the supposed cold was making her feel. By now the Gryffindor was quite confident in claiming that she might have caught the flu.

Shaking her head the female grunted at herself, angry that she let herself get distracted again and let the half-giant escape without quipping anything back. This round was won by the half-breed, but the Gryffindor was definitely not having it happen another time.

Making her way higher into the sky slowly Melinda kept her eyes trained on the rest of the team who was already in the field. The broom she was using still felt uncomfortable in her control and the short girl felt that she could lose her balance, or fall apart, at any given moment now, but she remained as she circled her way up slowly.

It was then, when she had her eyes trained on the rest of her teammates that she saw a flash in the air. Something had sped its way on high speed through it, flying neatly out of the Quidditch pitch. Accompanied with this movement was a loud slam. A little dull and heavy, the same sound as when the beaters hit a bludger. The fade of a dark colour that flashed through the sky also resembled one, but Melinda had a hard time believing that this really happened. That thing was made of iron for Merlin's sake! No one was able to hit it with the strength needed to send it out of bounds, right?

Slowly turning her head towards the beater of the team, the only one she could suspect of owning such a power. Gulping a little the short girl had a hard time processing everything. Was this Etienne's doing? He was the only other beater here and the one who had released the cursed bludger. Feeling her blood running cold the girl lost the grip of her broom a little, feeling herself fall sideways before quickly pulling herself up. This wasn't going to do. This wasn't going to do at all for her.

Quickly lowering herself back to the ground again the girl stepped off her broom, her eyes looking up once more to the half-giant as she tried to see his expression. Was it distress? Was it ecstasy? The girl couldn't make it out from so far, but she did know that his power was terrifying. Was it even allowed to use this on the field? Was this what the dhampir's power was like as well? Gulping a little Melinda laid the broom on the ground, trying to think of what to do next.

"I'm sick," she suddenly announced, realising that she was indeed feeling sick inside of her stomach. Her headache was returning as well and the feeling of a fever never quite faded away. Yes, perhaps it was for the best if Melinda didn't try to push herself today. "I will … come and train tomorrow," she continued absent-mindedly. She knew that the fact that she was feeling unwell was only an excuse. She would have gone to the infirmary way before if she really did feel that ill.

No, it was the thought that she had to put her faith inside of this person. This half-giant who just hit an almost 150 pounds1​ ball out of bounds. He who held inhumane strength. That was what sickened her. Indeed, these half-breeds, the impure, they weren't meant to mingle with them of pure blood.

@Mglo – Etienne Stark

1-http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Bludger

ooc: Posting frenzy and an announcement! Sunday, February 7th​ shall be the release of the new chapter! Everyone wrap up now, or regret and have your character be reset into the then current time line. No sympathy anymore, we have given you more than enough time.

N.B: The paper mentioned in the post will be released in the next chapter.

full

[Hogwarts; Hospital Wing]

"Time to wake up sleeping beauty."

Minutes later a short lived peace was shattered. Again. Madam Pomfrey was doing a terrible job at keeping students away when he asked for it. Why was that cursed nurse so good at confiscating his quills and parchments when she couldn't even keep these darned students from his bed? Grunting a little the blond peeked at Sabrina, wondering what she wanted from him this time. Nothing good it seemed, as the glint in her eyes was anything to go by.

"I'd kiss you awake but I think you would appreciate it more from your Prince Runeswell, don't you think? I mean, you guys certainly had the practice."

Her whispers made the boy roll over his back, grabbing hold of Sabrina's arms as to push her off him. What did she just say? Garaile's eyes grew wide as he exchanged a brief look with the Slytherin female before his attention was forced over to Kassandra.

What did Sabrina just say? Feeling his blood running cold the Weasel took a few seconds to compose himself. A split second of horror and agony, combined with disbelief. Did these two just beat him with his own game? Garaile would have never expected that last night would have turned into a memory he would be desperate to guard and hide.

However, he couldn't show any of that. He wasn't allowed to show any sort of such weaknesses. He just couldn't. The unbeatable Weasel, humiliated? Caught and the centre of a controversy himself? Never. No. Garaile refused to play the role he put others in way too often. He was the unashamed, the untouchable and undisturbed king of rumours!

"Rina, love," the boy started, faking a yawn as he took the paper. One glance over the new edition of the Weasel and he already felt like tearing it up. That picture, the headline. Unmistakeably he had been caught, almost as if Anice's kiss last night had been staged in order to humiliate him. Well, hadn't she done a great job at that? The Slytherin made a note to himself to teach that little tramp a lesson. However, first he had to fake a stage.

"My head hurts and I have no idea what nonsense you are talking about," he smiled at her as he rubbed his forehead. This whole situation was giving him a headache. The boy could already imagine how big this rumour was going to explode if he didn't gain control over it quickly.

Why did madam Pomfrey only do her jobs properly when unasked for? The male screamed internally at himself as he thought about it. The world was being so unfair to him. Why did it have to ruin his fun so soon?

Though… Sabrina and Kassandra had their fair share in it as well. Writing that Weasel and showing it to him? How dare they!

"And I didn't know I had trained a dog to bark when I didn't ask for it," the boy mused to himself, his eyes turning over to the Filipino that was standing next to his bed. Though he wanted to glare he couldn't, that would reveal how disturbed he was by this news. No, he had to pretend that he was only joking, casually throwing out a shade.

This girl… Was this how she repaid him for keeping her secret? She was going to have a truck hit her. He would make sure of that. Though, he didn't want to admit either that he had lost control of his reign, or that he felt like that he was losing it. So instead of remaining angry the boy crafted himself a new plan.

"Though, my dear." Garaile suddenly smiled at Kassandra as he said that, sitting up a little. "A little bird told me we have a new student coming in at Hogwarts," he started, his hands waving into each other as he rested his chin on them. Rolling his eyes in a casual remark Garaile continued in an airy, nonchalant way. "Why don't you treat yourself and go investigate that newcomer? You seem to like working for me anyway." With that the Slytherin dismissed Kassandra, his smile telling her a one-thousand things that was only between them, from which Sabrina wasn't a part of. He knew that, despite the lack of friendliness between the Ravenclaw and him, that the foreigner would understand. She was a smart girl and terrified that he would reveal of the dirt he had on her.

"As for you, my dearest Rina." Garaile leant back towards the blonde, his arms snaking around her waist. "Why didn't you stop them from using that picture?" he whined, puckering up his lips into a pout as he buried his face into her shoulder. "You know that this is my bad side!" he continued, pretending as if he was upset over the fact that the wrong side of his person was caught on the picture. However, he knew, just as well as he assumed that Sabrina did, that he wasn't actually crying over that detail.
@Misaou - Sabrina Gallagher
@VocaStar - Anice Runeswell
NPC - Madam Pomfrey, the incompetent

Last edited:
vSs0BZJ.png

[glow=green]Hogwarts :: Hospital Wing [/glow]

When sleeping beauty had finally put two and two together and understood the predicament he was in he grabbed ahold of Sabrina. Her eyes flickered to his hands around her arms then focused back on him, her smile never faltering. She was confident he wouldn't do something to blow his cover. Not right here. She knew how he was and right now they were in the middle of a game. A game Sabrina had initiated and taken him off guard with, but he would join in soon enough, that she was sure of. Sabrina liked Garaile for who he was, even though a lot of people hated him for that reason, that's what made him interesting to her in the first place. With that in mind, Sabrina could play his game just as well as he could, he would be wise to remember that.

"Rina, love," Lele murmured with a yawn before taking the paper from her hands, "My head hurts and I have no idea what nonsense you are talking about," he said with an easy crooked smile, his hand going to his head for emphasis. 'Mmm I'm sure you don't,' Rina thought to herself as her facial expression shifted from happiness to concern. Pouting at him she placed her hand over his before petting his head, "Should I alert Madame Pomfrey then?" She said to him softly, as if not to make his head hurt anymore due to her volume.

"And I didn't know I had trained a dog to bark when I didn't ask for it," Garaile added, turning his brown eyes to the Ravenclaw girl instead. Sabrina crossed her legs and glanced in Kassandra's direction as well before turning back to look at Garaile. "Well, I guess that means you're an even better trainer than you had originally thought," She said with a short laugh. "Though, my dear, A little bird told me we have a new student coming in at Hogwarts, Why don't you treat yourself and go investigate that newcomer? You seem to like working for me anyway." Sabrina raised her eyebrows watching the scene unfold. She didn't know there was a newcomer at Hogwarts but then again she didn't really care either. And Garaile was quick to dismiss his little puppy here. Seemed like he might be upset with her for writing that article but maybe Rina could be reading too much into it. Then again this was Garaile she was talking about, he hated losing control. And this was totally out of his control.

She had to fight back a grin right there in that moment. Suddenly, warmth broke her thoughts as she felt Garaile wrap his arms around her waist. "As for you, my dearest Rina." He purred softly near her ear, "Why didn't you stop them from using that picture?" He asked with a whine before he buried his face in her shoulder. "You know that this is my bad side!" She felt his breath on her shoulder and she felt the urge to pinch his cheeks to cause him to let go of her but she restrained herself. Putting up with his sudden 'clingy spell'. He had these from time to time and she always wanted to physical harm him when he would do it out of the blue. Why she wasn't quite sure. Maybe she was starting to not like being touched, who knows.

"Oh Lele, you hurt me!" Sabrina sounded almost like she was going to cry like Garaile had broken her heart or something. "I'm a good photographer, I wouldn't let you look bad. Not my darling." She said as she began to pet his head. Not apologizing for taking the picture at all. There was no way this idiot was truly upset over a 'bad side'. He could care less about that. This subject was a sore spot for him, Sabrina made note of that. There weren't many things that bothered the weasel, but she had a gut feeling he wasn't exactly thrilled about the sudden rumors about him that were sure to form. Finally, he was getting a taste of his own medicine. Sabrina couldn't say that she was excited to witness the King fall on his own sword this time.
Characters Mentioned:

@WishfulNemo - Garaile Scriven

Status
Not open for further replies.