Status
Not open for further replies.
JLslmuS.png

Location Quidditch Pitch
He watched as Mel read through the letter with a grin on his face. 'Here it comes'. Just before he could see Melvin react to the letter's contents, Madi approached and stood beside him with a grin on her face. In his mute state, Zed could only grin at the girl. The expression on his face faltered when she hit him hard.

"Who's idea was it to tell Mel huh? yours?" she questioned with a laugh. The grin that was momentarily replaced by a pout in disapproval of the hitting returned, this time even wider than before. 'Of course! You know me so well Madi'. Madi proceeded to reversing the silencing spell cast upon him by his future sister-in-law and Zed couldn't be more thankful in her doing so. "There, better?" He nodded and was about to verbally express his gratitude when his attention was snatched away by his dearest brother who had swiftly stolen the envelope the owl had just dropped him.

"Oi!" he moved to grab the letter from his brother's hands but before he could even reclaim it, his attention was yet again diverted. This time it was Melinda who stole his attention. "It can't be" Zed watched as Mel's eyebrows met in a frown. From the expression he worse, he knew that the comical scene of Mel reading the letter addressed to the prefects instead of the letter informing her of her engagement to his Slytherin half didn't happen. Regardless, a mischievous grin was beginning to form on his face. He can't wait to tease the two.

"So, what is our reasoning going to be? You can think of a plausible excuse to blow this engagement off, I will join you after this letter" was the midget's calm response. She may not approve of the engagement--not that Zed ever expected her to--but it came as a surprise to him how calmly she was taking it. Zed was expecting her to throw a fit or somewhere along those lines. Guess he underestimated the midget's ability to stay calm. He turned to his brother to see his reaction. An irate look was on his face. In that moment, the grin on Zed's face slowly receded. "This is not going to end well" he mumbled quietly to himself. "Okay, let's fix this," the Gryffindor male turned back to Melinda. "Please tell me you have an idea read, I have more things to do today" By now the grin on Zed's face had completely disappeared.

His attention was stolen from the scene that was unfolding before him yet again when he heard a series of loud coughs from nearby. His eyes shifted to the source of the offending noise and widened in surprise at the sight of Etienne Stark. A slight frown settled on Zed's face. He quickly looked away from the half-giant, as if he was repulsed by the sight of him. "Morning" the Gryffindor half-breed croaked after recovering from his coughing fit. Zed remained quiet. Even as Madi nudged him when she had teased the newly engaged purebloods, he remained silent.

Meanwhile his brother was quite the opposite. Alistair snapped. "Both of you piss off" Zed's eyebrows shot up as his attention was diverted to his fuming brother. "Thank you!" Melinda exclaimed a short while after. Zed rolled his eyes. 'Glad to see the newly engaged couple is getting along'. He had to bite the inside of his cheeks to prevent him from saying what he was thinking--the last thing he needed was for the two purebloods to hex him into oblivion, which he could certainly see coming his way if he did speak up. But it seemed that the girl beside him was fearless as ever, not even worrying about what the two at her reaction. Madi stumbled back and leaned against him, dramatically acting as if she was deeply wounded by Ali's words. Zed couldn't help but chuckle at her exaggeration.

Ali continued on with his tirade. "I'm not about to deny my family this wonderful honour, are you?" He asked the midget with wide eyes. Zed scoffed as he was reminded of why Ali was Grandfather's favourite. "It would be a great dishonour to marry someone with hair longer than I'm tall!" was Melvin's response before she pulled at his twin's hair. He cringed at the sight and muttered "Déjà vu." Zed left Madi's side just as she and Mel started talking quidditch and joined his brother who now considerably calmer than earlier, passing by Etienne as he did so.

"Girls" his brother muttered as he rolled his eyes. "Well, you've been quiet! I hope that spell didn't render you permanently mute." Zed shook his head. "Well dearest brother, I didn't want to interupt your little lover's quarrel with Melvin earlier." He grinned at his Slytherin twin.

"Aren't you going to follow them? It looks like they're going to practice." Ali asked. The grin on Zed's face dropped. He glanced back at the group of Gryffindors that had witnessed the scene just a while ago, more specifically towards the Stark half-giant who was already in the air. Before he could think about his past friendship with the boy, Zed looked back at his twin and sighed. "I don't feel like it right now, specially since I didn't get to finish breakfast earlier" His face turned sour as the image of the wretched fur-ball who ruined his meal came to mind along with the smug look that Grace wore on her face. He shook his head willing the thought away. "Maybe after I get some more food in me. And also..." His eyes darted to the letter--his letter, the letter for him--still in his brother's hands. "I'll be taking this back." Zed said as he snatched the letter back and folded it before stashing it away into his pocket. He then turned around to his captain and called out, "Madi! I'll join you guys at practice in a while. Just got some stuff that I need to take care of first." He turned to make his way back inside. "Let's go" Zed said as he passed his brother. There were a few things that he wanted to ask him but opted against it. After the spat with Melvin, Alistair deserved a break from Zed's teasing--even if it was merely for a couple of hours. Such a kind brother he was. A mischievous smile played on his face at the thought.

Characters Mentioned
Melinda Geralds (@WishfulNemo)
Etienne Stark (@Mglo)
Madison van Reeden (@Misaou)
Alistair Blackbourne (@FieryCold)

GgWlvvi.png

Hospital Wing → Ravenclaw Tower ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■♦

Kass watched as Sabrina opened the doors and went in, following behind her a few seconds after. She continued to watch wordlessly as Sabrina began to wake the sleeping Weasel. For a brief moment, Kass felt sorry for the guy, having been woken up from his slumber despite being a recovering patient. Once he was was awake, he took the paper from Sabrina with a yawn. When he looked at the paper, Kass felt as if the room's temperature suddenly decreased rapidly. A shiver went down her spine.

"My head hurts and I have no idea what nonsense you are talking about." he smiled as he rubbed his forehead. Kass slightly frowned for a second. It wasn't the reaction she was anticipating from. Considering what was just published about him she expected him to react more harshly to it. Right now it seemed as thought he was unfazed by it. Or maybe he's just hiding it. It was at times like this when she considered using legilimency even when in the presence of others.

"And I didn't know I had trained a dog to bark when I didn't ask for it." Kass jumped a bit at this. She wasn't expecting for Scriven to let her off easily, seeing as Sabrina did introduce her as the author of the latest edition--which was far from the truth and something she needed to clarify. Seriously though, did he really think that Kassandra would foolishly stake her secret just to hummiliate him? She was a Ravenclaw for Merlin's sake!

With his eyes now on her, Kass started wringing her hands behind her. Her worry grew exponentially when he suddenly smiled at her. "Though, my dear, a little bird told me we had a new student coming in at Hogwarts." Hazel? "Why don't you treat yourself and go investigate that newcomer? You seem to like working for me anyway." Her jaw slackened. "I didn't--!" she tried to protest; a bold move on her part. She shook her head. "I can't take credit for something I didn't do. That isn't my handicraft." She pointed at the paper in Garaile's hands. "I just wanted to clarify that first." Before he can say anything else to her, she continued, "In any case, I'll do as you asked." As if I have a choice. The brunette exited the doors of the infirmary and started to make her way back to the Ravenclaw tower.

On the way, an owl suddenly swoops in and drops a letter to her. She furrowed her brows in confusion but upon seeing the seal, she relaxed a bit; though still quite confused. As she continued on her way, she opened the letter up and read it. The frown from a few moments ago settled on her face even deeper than before. A serial hexer She sighed. Great, just what I needed! Kass rubbed her sleepy eyes wearily before placing the parchment back into its rightful envelope and keeping a firm hold of it in her right hand. She yawned as she arrived at her destination. I'm going to take a nap before thinking about any of this.

Characters Mentioned
Sabrina Gallagher (@Misaou)
Hazel Mbali (@Misaou)
Garaile Scriven (@WishfulNemo)

ooc: Last post for Garaile this chapter. The new chapter shall soon be released!

full

[Hogwarts; Hospital Wing]

"Good," that was the single reply Garaile gave to Kassandra when she left, saying that she would do as he said. It was exactly what he meant as well. It was good for her to know what her position was inside of this story. Whether she had truly written that article or not was of no matter to Garaile. It had already happened and apparently it was already being distributed. He was definitely going to get back at her later, not because she wrote, or not, but because she came to show the article together with Sabrina.

Speaking of his fellow housemate. What was this display of affection they showed each other? Only Sabrina and Garaile knew. They knew exactly what it meant, what they were conversing to each other as they pulled at each other, pretending as if they were so close.

Usually Sabrina didn't bring him too much trouble. After all, they had a symbiotic relationship. He used her for her popularity and person just as much as she abused his name and the entertainment that came with it. They helped each other out and that was all Garaile really needed. He knew that the girl was clever and that she would probably stab him in the back just as hard as he would betray her one day. However, he had never expected her to do so now, or that he would ever give her the chance to do so first.

No, the boy had long since promised himself that it was him who would do the stabbing and then leave her to bleed. Yet, here she was, a new edition of the Weasel out and apparently ready to be distributed with a picture of him priding on the front page. She had managed to land the first blow and that just didn't sit well with him.

"But, Rina!" he whined again as he pulled the paper closer to their faces. Sitting up a little the boy pushed his cheek against hers, making sure that they two of them were facing the same direction as he rose his arm up. "Look at that hideous picture!" he exclaimed, gasping dramatically as if he couldn't believe what he saw.

Which was partially true. The blond had a hard time believing what he saw in the paper. The kiss hadn't even lasted for that long, not until he got hexed by the Ravenclaw prefect. So how did Sabrina manage to snap a picture in that split second? The boy couldn't believe how shitty his luck was and how lucky the Slytherin damsel got.

"Oh, madam Pomfrey!" Garaile called out to the nurse sitting at her usual spot. She was reading a book, not minding the boy and his visitors too much. The boy gritted his teeth at that. Wasn't she supposed to be an adult helping him?

"Can you please see this lovely lady out, please? I'm reaaaaaly tired from all of the visits today," he pleaded to the woman as he made a gesture towards Sabrina. "You do want me out of here as soon as possible, right?" Garaile continued innocently. Though he knew that the amount of visitors didn't affect his rehabilitation he would still appreciate it if the nurse would work with him there. Right now the Weasel didn't want to see anyone. Not after that cursed paper got out. Not if it meant that everyone was just visiting him to get a laugh out of it.
Characters mentioned/involved:
@Misaou - Sabrina Gallagher
@Mother Flakes - Kassandra Castillo
NPC - Madam Pomfrey

3280a4a386589a34ff9aeb3ace5dfbd6455f703e_hq.gif
apfbet.png
November is around and that means that the Quidditch season starts again. With the match in sight between the two sworn rivals Slytherin and Gryffindor it is only natural that the students are all feeling hyped up. To release some of that energy, but also to boost up the morale, a fields day has been organised. A day where all of the houses will compete with each other in a variety of wizardry sports and earn these house points back they have lost. Now is the chance to make a come back if your house is falling behind in the Hogwarts house competition!

There have been several sports organised for the day. On the Quidditch pitch there is a smaller version of the famous Quidditch game. This isn't a regular-only game as today non-players are allowed to participate as well. For these who don't have a broomstick Hogwarts has their own stock of broomsticks provided with the special thanks of Spintwitches Sporting Needs in Hogsmeade. Bludgers aren't in use today as they are considered to be too dangerous for the inexperienced, neither shall be the snitch be in play. Instead there will only be quafflers out in the field that the students will have to pass to each other and score.

The annual pet race can be found on the borders of the dark forest near Hagrid's hut. The professor of the Care of Magical Creatures class has set up an elaborate assault run for the students and their beloved pets. Students who don't have any pets, but still wish to participate, may borrow one of Hagrid's many animals that he owns. The professor guarantees that they are all very gentle in nature as long as they are treated well.

A broomstick tag-team and a solo race is situated around the whole grounds of Hogwarts. Students may choose to participate in a team-race where they fly short distances and tag the next member, or they may choose to do the whole track on their own in a solo race. Whatever suits their tastes and whatever they believe that they excel in. It is recommended that the more experienced flyers only partake in these games, for there aren't enough teachers to keep an eye over the whole track.

Entirely new this year is the introduction of the muggle games. Where traditionally only wizard games were played this is an attempt to introduce new sports to the wizards and witches on Hogwarts, with thanks to the Golden Trio. Popular sports like football (soccer), rugby, tennis, basketball, volleyball and the likes have also been set up inside and around Hogwarts. This is for the students to gain some more awareness of what muggles do for recreation, other than eating boogers, and for the muggle students to feel a little less homesick.

Not only can the students play sports in order to win house points and favour. There is also a scavenger hunt! The teachers have hidden several replicas throughout the whole school and on the school grounds. The students have no idea what these items are, but are given a list with rather vague instructions. For extra clues and hints one must go to the teachers who are guarding their posts on the field faithfully. This means that in exchange for an hint the students will have to win first, what a great pleasure! The house that gathers the most items will win this hunt. Has it also been mentioned that this scavenging hunt is what brings in the most points?

However, there is still an investigation to complete! The prefects received a letter from the headmistress a day after Sabrina Gallagher's secret Halloween Party. It seems that there is a serial hexer loose in Hogwarts and the prefects aren't getting any closer to the culprit. At least, that is what the headmistress, and the teachers, think. The truth is that some of the prefects know very well who started this, but can't say it in fear of falling victim to the hexer themselves. After all, they did have a very festive night, right? What would become of them if the truth came out? Oh, the drama!

Let's start Hogwarts' fields day! After a short speech from the headmistress, where she introduces the events of today, she wishes everyone good luck and the students go their separate ways. The professors are expected to watch over all of the games set up around the school, preferably two on each game to prevent bias from happening. They are the referees of the games as well as that they are supervisors, making sure that nothing goes wrong on the Hogwarts fields day. They have also received a special notion to watch out for this serial hexer that is still around.

3256215bfkvj2f8ju.png

Current Time in the RP
November the 3rd
Monday
8.00 AM

Weather Outside
Miraculously the weather of the fields day is amiable. Some drizzle is expected, but nothing that would spoil the day. The sun will come out occasionally, warming up the fields, but in overall the breeze is soft and it is a fine day to be athletic.

Notes
As you may have noticed we have been in a bit of a slump the past few months. Blame it all on us, the team behind Hogwarts; New Generation, however, we are putting an end to this all! Wicked has decided to take a few steps back as the GM and decided to take a hiatus for an undisclosed amount of time. As such @Misaou and I (@WishfulNemo) will take over as temporary Game Masters of this role play.

To make a successful restart with Hogwarts; New Generation, it has been decided that we will do one more extra chapter before the Quidditch chapter. This so that both the temporary Game Masters can ease into their new jobs, but also to see if the members are willing to continue after this period of abandonment.

Please do not post about the previous chapter (chapter 8) anymore! All interactions are assumed to have ended then. Start and pick it up from this current chapter.

Winners of competitions, races and the scavenger hunt will be determined by the dice. For a fair game both the temporary GM's will roll the die to reveal the results of each race the characters have. The pairings may be decided by the players themselves. The highest number roll will obviously win, if the group is bigger than two then the ranking of the winners are also determined by the eyes thrown for them. The winning house of the scavenger hunt will be determined the same way as the winners of the competitions. For that reason we won't release a list of riddles and items for the scavenger hunt either. You make them up yourselves, but don't make them too obvious or too easy. Don't make your character get off it painfully easily. Dices are rolled in the Quidditch dice thread, where you can also read about the Quidditch system we wrote about.

Participation within the fields day is mandatory for all students. There is no exception or escape from it. The same goes for the teachers who have a job to do that day. They won't be able to play along in the games as they are expected to supervise and act as a referee.

IMPORTANT: From the release of this chapter until two weeks afterwards, ending on; February 21, 2016 [FEBRUARY TWENTY-ONE, TWOTHOUSANDANDSIXTEEN]. All of the members are expected to have posted at least once. If the deadline passed by and you have failed to post, as well as failed to notify us of why you haven't, we will see forced to see you out of this role play. Keep the deadline in mind and don't make us chase after you unnecessarily.

3256215bfkvj2f8ju.png

Current Hot Topic Gossips:
  • A bit over month has passed ever since Jayden Everdragomir was revealed to be a Half-Breed of the infamous vampires. Most of the student population have come to the conclusion that he feeds on his victims blood every time he brawls, and that house-elves provide him with muggle blood which he bathes in. The rumor says that even though the boy was locked up in the Hospital Wing, he broke out last night to attend Gallagher's party, being one of the guest of honors, no less. Apparently he was not so hurt, after being almost burnt alive by one of the Pure-blood students in Thursday's DADA class. Maybe it was just worse than it looked... Or maybe Madam Pomfrey is more capable than anyone expected? Or maybe, just maybe, the Everdragomir kid heals faster than should be humanely possible. However, the incident during the DADA class has somehow led other students to understand that Mr. Everdragomir is not after all unbeatable, but just as easily taken down as any other student. And somehow, that has kind of turned into his favor, as now he seems more approachable. However, the names he is now dubbed with, such as Jaycon, The Boy on Fire, MockingJAY and many others that his fellow peers now jokingly refer to him as, made the half-breed groan in his hospital bed yesterday and miss how people were still avoiding him like the plague before. However after yesterday's incident at the party between him and Garaile Scriven, the students are yet again a bit more wary, even though most of them believe the brawl was just an act. But no matter how well it was played out, it really gives everyone the creeps... And maybe, just maybe, it was not an act after all...?
  • The whispers of Sabrina Gallagher's love life have died down a bit, but there is still some flying about. These nasty words seem to heat up every time she starts talking to another person of the opposite sex. She also seems to have pretty much turned away from the School Cream, and chosen to hang out with the outcasts instead. She was also seen slapping someone by the end of the Defense Against the Dark Arts class -- again. The only difference being that this time it was not Mr. Everdragomir, but one of Ms. Geralds lackeys. Getting revenge for one of her friends, perhaps?
  • Melinda Geralds was the girl who made the troll trip down and fall over Azel Raphael. There has been rumors that someone saw her hex the troll before it fell down with horrifying results. But it is only a rumor, right? The girl has always been bit of a lone wolf because of her blunt personality which tends to be a bit off-putting, but nowadays she seems to be almost avoiding other people, withdrawing to her shell and building a wall around her and between other people that almost separates her from the world. This behavior is like fuel to the fire, and because kids are generally really cruel towards each other, they have started murmuring ominous words like "murderer" among other things. And now things have gotten worse. During Thursday's DADA accident, Melinda was seen casting a Fire Spell towards Jayden Everdragomir. People have labeled Miss Geralds now as a Half-breed hater, going as far as claiming she was trying to burn the half-vampire on purpose and framing it as an accident. She was also seen standing in the sidelines while her teammates were insulting the other Slytherin half-breed, Sabrina Gallagher, and it turned into a short lived physical fight. Seems like Melinda is not gonna get rid of her new reputation as a Pure-blood that is trying to purge the school from the lesser beings. However, at the party, Melinda Geralds was seen kissing Romeo Cooper?! And it did not just end there, as she was seen kissing multiple students after that! And not only boys, but girls too! What in the name of the world...? This was not behavior anyone expected from the Geralds girl at all. Especially not after such serious incidents. This has immediately become one of the juiciest topics of gossip at the breakfast tables; Melinda Geralds the Snogging Maniac.
  • Valiant knight Sethen Lockett seems to have been hanging around the aforementioned girl a lot lately. It is known that they are childhood friends, so maybe the Pure-blood boy is hanging with her simply because of a family obligation or out of pity? And during the last trip to Hogsmeade he was seen carrying the short girl on his back! Why exactly would the playboy be so persistent about Melinda when he seems to generally avoid flirting with his childhood friends? No one is sure. However, this is not the only thing that makes people talk about Sethen Locket. Sir Lancelot's great deeds, that have boosted several girls opinion of him and grown his fanbase, was seen standing up for Sabrina Gallagher in Three Broomsticks during the last Hogsmeade trip when a boy who could not take a hint was harassing her. The situation escalated into a fight but Sethen did not land a single blow, which followed the other boy being thrown out of the inn. And they claim chivalry is dead! However, in the party, someone claims they saw him snogging Stella Prince in the 7th Floor Left Corridor. His newly attained knightly title seems to be crumbling again slowly in the face of his famous and well known reputation as a heart breaker.
  • What exactly is going on in the head of the Japanese transfer student? Many people suspect she is either insane, has a death wish or both. Kiyoko Oshiro is indeed dating the infamous Bulgarian Dragon, so the earlier rumors were true! How the hell this kind of development ever happened -- or was even possible with someone like Jayden Everdragomir -- is a complete mystery. But then again, the girl has been seen mumbling to her wrist several times which is a bit odd. So maybe the two mental cases are a match made in heaven? Also, seems that the Weasel has started a new rumor about the boy extorting Ms. Oshiro into the relationship, and the journalist himself confronted the couple publicly in yesterday's party. This however, did not end pretty as Garaile Scriven is now in hospital wing, healing from a broke nose, wrist and slight concussion. Most of the students claim that the brawl was just an act, framed by Sabrina Gallagher, while the other half has their doubts...
  • The latest Slytherin transfer student has started to gain infamous reputation already. Glesni Helling is rumored to be practicing the Dark Arts, and that a seed of corruption is resting in her soul. Since the girl seems to be a loner and overall looks a bit deviant in a way that some people are unable to understand, the students are judging her quite harshly and rumors about the dark haired girl who is wearing odd piercings are going wild. Some people whisper that her secret source of power resides in human souls. And that she eats raw House-elf meat when no one is looking. And that she has killed someone in the past and thus can see the Thestrals, and that she sometimes rides the skies on their bony backs on full moon nights. There is also a rumor that if you approach her, she will hex you. If you talk to her, she will hex you. If you look at her in the eyes longer than three seconds, she will hex you wandlessly and wordlessly. And Merlin help the poor bastard who will get on her bad side! During Thursday's DADA class Ms. Helling was seen casting Fiendfyre in the classroom. Despite seeing her control it pretty impressively and taking down a lot of artificial inferi, it was a bit of an overkill to go that far as to invoke serious Dark Magic. She was last seen on Thursday taken to the Headmistress' office by Professor McGonagall herself. The word is Ms. Helling was suspended from school for two weeks, her wand was confiscated by the Headmistress and is under her custody somewhere. Ms. Helling is also placed under house arrest by the Ministry of Magic. Obviously, the trick she pulled the day before was not treated lightly and she is set as an example for the rest of the school, so nobody will get any funny ideas...
  • Half-giant Etienne Stark has done it again! Rumour has it that he is the bodyguard of the notorious Garaile Scriven, making sure that the little Weasel won't get hurt. He certainly has been doing an awful job seeing how the Slytherin broke his wrist in a brawl recently. However, perhaps the Gryffindor was too afraid of his fellow halfbreed, Jayden Everdragomir? He is after all not a guy one would attack without a thought. Perhaps that Stark has a little more brain than Everdragomir does. That doesn't take away his latest performance in the recent Quidditch training. Several eyewitnesses claim that they have seen Etienne hitting a bludger with such ferocity that it never returned! Others claim that the bludger simply flew out of the field by the hit the half-giant gave it. There are several versions going around, even going as far as saying that the fiend hit off Hagrid's roof, literally. Whatever the story was, it stands proof for the immense power his huge body hides. Slytherin isn't the only team with a trump card it seems!
  • Another half-breed drama! Apparently Oswin Ravenwood has been responsible for the disappearance of several male students. It seems that she sucks out the life energy out of the poor souls she captures. Luckily the Newspaper club quickly uncovered the truth after a small investigation. Now everyone avoids her like the plague. Who would have expected that from that doll?
  • Garaile Scriven hasn't been back for long, but he is already stirring up quite the chaos. The annoying journalist immediately got to work and started to uncover a few secrets. Such as miss Ravenwood's half-breed ancestry and spreading the rumours that Jayden Everdragomir is threathening his Japanese girlfriend into dating him. However, that hasn't been the most surprising about it all. It seems that he has also caught himself a love interest, or maybe not? In any case, the story has gone viral in which Anice Runeswell is seen and said to have kissed the blond full on his mouth. What? Yes, the Anice Runeswell, the uptight and pureblooded prefect of Slytherin kissed Garaile Scriven and there is even a wonderful photo evidence of that! Would this finally be his road to redemption? Many think that it is another attempt of his to attract attention, however, soon news spread as well that Garaile was locked up in the hospital wing. Was the fight he had with Jayden Everdragomir not so staged after all?
  • Uptight, big breasted, Slytherin prefect, Anice Runeswell is making quite the fame for herself. First she was signaled in a skimpy, promiscuous dress attending an underground party that the teachers had no knowledge of. Then she was seen gobbling down all of the gummy bears that she could find and flirting with a few seemingly handsome faces, only to end up crying in the corner. The students just assume that she was rejected, for, no matter how nice she looks, everyone knows of her reputation. Or so they thought. The most surprising story of the night has the clearest evidence and many were shocked when they read the Weasel after their hangover went away. Apparently she kissed the Weasel! The students wonder if this is what the pureblood has always been like, and if she was just pretending to be a model student. However, none of them dare to ask it, for the story sounds too ridiculous to be true.
3256215bfkvj2f8ju.png

• Because the Weasel is temporarily out of the field Prince Charming has taken over. They have written a juicy story involving the notorious journalist. The school paper has also released something new it seems. A new column dedicated to the students crafty with words and the quill! Check it all out!

• 2hds6io.jpg

• tumblr_nv6ns6QVru1u4ho3jo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nv6ns6QVru1u4ho3jo2_500.jpg

tumblr_nv6ns6QVru1u4ho3jo3_500.jpg

tumblr_nv6ns6QVru1u4ho3jo4_500.jpg

• tumblr_nv6o1iJYex1u4ho3jo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nv6o1iJYex1u4ho3jo2_500.jpg

(OOC: Was too lazy to write three posts :V Just to put my characters out there.)

Tn7lAUw.jpg
Hogwarts Grounds/Quidditch Pitch

Glesni Helling2.jpg
Hogwarts Grounds/Broomstick solo race track

t95b05E.jpg
Qudditch Pitch
(Fields Day)

Once madam Caia Watkins saw a bright green frog hopping around the starting line of the flying track all over again, she let out a loud and demanding shout out. "Mister Ayers!". The ginger and not so fit first-year boy pushed through the crowd huffing and puffing as miss Watkins marched angrily towards him, with her wand in her hand and the said frog hanging by it's rear leg, tied up in the air by the levitation charm. It swayed around slightly and Caia moved ahead but it seemed that it couldn't care less about it's position. "I believe that THIS is yours?", she pushed the frog against the boy's chests and it only let out a lazy ribbit before it got detached from the wand and fell into it's owner's hands. "Y-yes ma'am", the boy looked up at her, blushed and blown all over the face, his hard Scottish accent making it funnier than it actually was. Caia cleared her throat when a sudden urge to laugh. She was in a fairly good mood but not like anyone had to know it. Being in a good mood, with all those mixed up students around, were dangerous grounds to linger in. "And, mind you, what have I told you half an hour ago, young man?" The ginger Ravenclaw took a breath and recited the warning. "Mister Ayers! If I see this thing on the grass, under the feet, ONE more time, I will make sure it makes a perfect candidate for a nice, warm frog stew". Caia raised her eyebrows. No wonder the little nerd was in Ravenclaw. Not only had he memorized the entire sentence by heart, but he also managed to fit in the accent and the diction in their right place. Even in her student days, she was always exceptionally freaked out by most of the Ravenclaw kids and their abilities. Before she managed to reply, the boy hopped in hastily. "I am sorry, ma'am! She just loves to hunt for glumbumbles!". Caia looked at him for a brief moment, then at the frog, then back at the boy and repeated slowly, processing the information. "Loves to hunt for...glumbumbles". She crossed her arms and narrowed eyes at the boy. "Well, that would explain why it tried to commit a bloody suicide back there, wouldn't it?". Partially annoyed by the first-year ravenclaw's confusion, she shook her head. "I take that the Potions and the Care for Magical Creatures aren't your strongest subjects". She pointed the wand down the slope. "Professor Hagrid's hut, leave it there. Now." The truth was, she really couldn't make herself handle a crybaby in case his frog got squished under all those feet, which was a highly realistic possibility.

If there was any person overly excited by the small but meaningful sport event such as that one, it was certainly madam Caia. Once she made perfectly sure no pets nor students would be injured right at the very beginning of the event, she grinned at the perfectly arranged Hogwarts grounds that was now overflowing with students and professors trying to maintain an order. "Madam Watkins! How are ye this lovely mornin'?" She turned around gracefully, on the heels of her boots, to face the half-giant and grinned widely. "Professor Hagrid." She addressed him cheerfully. "I am feeling absolutely wonderful! This must be how heaven looks like. The Headmistress gave her all on this one." She was delighted that the half-giant shared her excitement. There was nothing he enjoyed more than magical creatures and kids. Regardless of his age, they made him look as young as ever. He pointed out towards her black and white scarf that danced on the cool breeze over her black flying suit. "Already at it, eh?" She laughed out. "Of course! Gotta support the winners! They will kick their sorry behinds same as many times before!". Saying that Caia Watkins was a fan of Montrose Magpies was hardly doing it justice. Getting ready for the big day for an entire previous month was a must for her every year. Fixing her black and white scarf so the magpie emblem was visible, she saluted to Hagrid. "Good luck keeping your sanity today!" She turned quickly to resume her walk, but stopped abruptly with a sudden jerk and a shout that was most likely a juicy swear. Her heart skipped the beat when she ran onto the slytherin girl that was standing behind her back.

"Good morning, ma'am."

The girl greeted her, seemingly unfazed by the sudden encounter that just happened, but Caia took a moment to get back to her senses before she replied. "Merlin's beard! Are trying to kill me?!". The slytherin offered her a calm and somehow calculated smirk. "Actually, I was simply looking for you in the right place, it seems. I apologize if you think I would deliberately put you in any danger". Caia narrowed her eyes at the girl and straightened up, taking up a slightly defensive stance once she figured she probably got the right name connected to the right face in her head. "Miss...Helling, I assume?". The girl nodded. "That would be correct, ma'am.". Caia frowned. "Shouldn't you be away at this point?". Glesni nodded again, responding with a clam glare that, for some reason, made madam uncomfortable. Such calmness was not something she was used to seeing in Hogwarts. "I was.", she replied briefly and Caia smirked tauntingly. "My, my. Time flies by indeed". If it was for her, the girl would've never seen Hogwarts again, but so far, Minerva always had a grip on things she had decided on. She was hoping this time was the same as she ignored the girl's smirk that was thrown back at her. "Very well, miss Helling. How may I help you?"

"Embarrassingly, I've happened to still not get my broom.", Glesni spoke in an even tone, just loudly enough to be audible. "You don't happen to have a spare one?". Caia nodded and pointed up ahead. "Of course. There is a bunch right over there. You can't possibly miss it though, I can't guarantee you all of them will be of your liking, miss Helling". Hardly noticeable frown stormed over Glesni's face, but only for a second. She was unsure whether it was a friendly advice or some sort of a heads up for a good reason. Then again, she tended to be overly paranoid and skeptical over everything. This might not be an exception. "Not to worry, ma'am. I am quite familiar with disobedient brooms". Weighting off her answer, madam Watkins nodded slowly. "I am sure you did". Not being able to help it but to feel that, somehow, madam Watkins did not fancy her at all or maybe, that she was the only one honest enough to act according to her belief in which case, Glesni felt a high amount of respect towards her. She smiled briefly towards madam and moved forward. "Thank you for your help ma'am. I am looking forward to our preparation for the big match".

"Ditto. We've got a lot of work to do."

"Absolutely. I sincerely hope I live up to your expectations". And even though it was hardly visible from the outside, she did. She was aware of the ways Caia Watkins prepared others and she was highly impatient to take on the challenge. With that, they parted their ways, with madam Watkins mounting her broom and heading out towards the Qudditch pitch. Approaching the row of brooms available to use, Glesni sighed. It would be much harder than she thought. Madam was no ease to please. Before a bunch of hyped up three or four-year students stormed the laid brooms, she decided on an a Numbus broom and quickly barked out "Up!". So far so good, the broom seemed to be obeying just fine. Pushing through the crowd was somewhat challenging because even though she was of an average height, she was still thin enough to get squished more than it was healthy. She groaned slightly as her uniform caught up on somebody else's and they simply moved along pulling her slightly backwards. "Do you mind?" She mumbled to no one in particular and pulled forward slightly agitated. Her face slightly flushed when she though she had heard a sound of the ripping fabric. Once she found her way out of the crowd, pushing and poking others with the edge of the broom, she examined her uniform. It seemed intact and if there was anything ripped, that would be the other person's problem. Leaving a bunch behind to smother yelling professors that tried to get things in line, she sighed with relief and mounted the broom. It would be the first time since the Durmstrang Qudditch incident that she sat on the broom for the sake of competing and she was excited to do just that. Broomstick race track was filled with loud older students that would partake the race on their own or in a team. The track was made nice and wide around the castle though it was probably not as easy at it seemed at first. She patiently waited for it to start.

As if keeping an eye on a cocky flyers around the track wasn't a bunch of work to do already, Caia was as well obliged to leave the track and check the pitch from time to time, making sure that it would be more fun than pain for the students that were hardly capable to make a difference between the quaffle and a pumpkin. She found it extremely hard to sustain herself from her "no pain no gain" policy and simply ignore the idiocy on the field. Most of them weren't the actual parts of the house teams after all. But there was a single, pretty obvious person that she would most definitely take it all out on. Making a wide circle around the pitch, she checked out the order of things before she ended up behind the loops. Her polished dogwood wand flashed in the ray of the sun that revealed itself under the passing clouds and she ordered "Sonorus", leaning the wand's top towards her throat.

"Merlins beard!", she shouted behind the Keeper's back. "I am disgusted. Absolutely DISGUSTED by the way ye play yer game lad!". She scolded with the ridiculous mixture of a British and Irish accent. Or an attempt of it rather. The male jumped slightly and hit the quaffle with his foot, before he slid off the broom and was left hanging upside down. "And that is exactly what I mean!". Caia moved into his vision field and chanted "Quietus", returning her voice to normal. "Have I taught you nothing?".

Felix Bell grinned at her from under the broom and replied in the usual manner. "Actually, yes. Now I am smart enough to know that your Irish accent is scarier than your shouts, ma'am." Caia flipped the broom, returning him in the upward position just as the quaffle got thrown towards the loop. Before Felix could have reacted, madam Watkins charmed the quaffle and redirected it, bouncing it off the hufflepuff's head. "Points to whoever threw it." She announced and the bunch laughed. Felix rubbed his head and groaned lightly. "Well, I had that coming". Caia nodded and smirked. "Keep up the good work, you eejit*". Felix grabbed his chest dramatically and whined. "That was the sweetest thing anyone had said to Felix Bell. What can I ever do to repay?". Madam chuckled "By paying attention to the game, mister Bell". Before he could reply, the quaffle slammed into his stomach and this time, it came straight from the player. The ravenclaw female chuckled and Caia teased. "Ouch. Seems to me that you attitude towards females indeed does you well".

"Sometimes, my good intentions are mistaken for something more, I suppose". Felix replied after he regained his voice. It was absolutely true. Felix Bell had no bloody clue where the joke ends and the flirting starts. As he threw the quaffle back, the game resumed and this time, he wouldn't go easy on the score.

*eejit - Irish word for "idiot"

NPC - Professor Rubeus Hagrid​

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Hogwarts; Great Hall , yellowgreen, solid]
While many of Hogwarts were excited for the fields day, already being up and about in the fields, August found himself still sitting at the breakfast tables. Stirring his coffee lightly the male picked up one of the forgotten papers on the table, deciding that he would take his day slowly and not hurry himself anywhere. He would be rushed for the rest of the day anyway, seeing as many were eager to get some extra house points.

It wasn't that August disliked the fields day, or competition. He liked his sports, on occasion. As long as it didn't involve dancing, or too much physical contact, he was fine with it. It was just the thought of having to ga against his opinions and stand representative for a house that slighted him. It wasn't much of a secret that the Ravenclaw wasn't much of a fan of the housing system that Hogwarts had. The way it seemed to push students into a box of definitions, or a certain image, and how they were set up against each other on days like these, only to earn some extra points. He didn't like any of that, in fact, he could almost say he despised it.

However, there was no escaping to it, he would have to participate, just like any other student, today. Luckily there were plenty of others who had enough enthusiasm to fill up the gap he left. That didn't mean that the boy wouldn't take his sweet time getting ready. The papers were still left in front of him. Some interesting him more than the others. And he had the company of coffee.

The Daily Prophet didn't seem to write anything out of the ordinary this time as well. The same old news that had been going on for a while, news that riled him up more than necessary. The thought that this Slugdew was carelessly spending her money for her campaign against half breeds annoyed him more than he liked to admit. Never mind the fact that she was so stupid as to buy faux potions. It made him wonder why the Ministry hadn't put any tabs on her yet. It certainly didn't sound like that the woman could handle her money responsibly at all.

Moving his way over to the school paper the foreigner hoped that this would calm his mind a little. The frustration that he felt after reading the Daily Prophet left a bitter taste in his mouth, one that he disliked unlike the bitterness of his coffee. It was unbelievable how one article could get to him like this.

"The second page is interesting," Theodore's voice broke August out of his concentration. Blinking at his blond friend the Turk slowly opened the school paper towards the indicated page, wondering what it was. The front page didn't seem to have anything of interest, so he supposed that he could at least check out first that what his friend was hinting at. Did Theodore submit anything into the Agony Aunt? Unlikely, the boy rarely expressed himself, let alone seek for advice in some shady column with sassy remarks. Curious the tanned male glanced over the page, slowly realising what it was that his roommate meant.

"How…" the male mumbled to himself as he stared at the slightly eerie portrait of him. He couldn't recall anyone drawing him, neither did he remember anyone asking if they could draw him, or him asking anyone to do so. Had he noticed anyone stare at him with such intent? The fact that the portrait was also drawn with short hair proved how it was recently drawn. After all, the DADA accident hadn't been a week yet. So, who had observed him so carefully starting from last Thursday until whenever the paper was put together?

Despite being part of the Newspaper club the male didn't know the answer to it entirely. He tried not to involve himself too much with that group, mainly because of Garaile. However, the drawing certainly had surprised him in this early morning, and it wouldn't be the only thing today. Feeling a tap on his shoulder August turned around to face the smug smile of his friend Nick who handed him the Weasel.

"I don—" the Turk wanted to refuse the paper handed to him. He didn't read about the slanders that Garaile had to write. However the boy insisted as he pushed the paper further into the face of the Turk.

"You are certainly catching some attention, sir," was the teasing voice of the fellow Ravenclaw and the foreigner turned towards Theodore with a questioning look. It didn't seem like that the dull boy had any idea of what Nick was talking about and thus the Ravenclaw was forced to read the special edition of the Weasel.

It didn't start out any interesting. A recap of the party with a few sarcastic notes thrown and mixed between them. The boy felt confused as of why he was forced to read this, but as his eyes went over the second half of the page his eyes were drawn to the mention of his surname.

"What?" the boy exclaimed in confusion as he read the sentence. Not sure if he had understood the combination of letters correctly he repeatedly read them over, carefully making sure that there was no other way to interpret this. How did he?.. Why would anyone?.. Never mind that, since when did he ever catch so much attention?! First a portrait and now a mention about his so called 'booty'?

His friends grew into a fit of laughter once they saw the perplexed expression on the bright-eyed male. Everyone knew that, no matter how observant August was, he never seemed to observe what was nearest to him. Wisdom gained from afar made eyes that could only see far. It certainly applied to him, who was now sitting there trying to remember if he did anything out of the ordinary for this 'new' attention.

Trying to casually take a sip from his beverage the foreigner tried to cover up his own surprise. It failed however as his cup was empty, already finished before he had taken the Weasel in hands. This gained another round of laughs from his friends who seemed to enjoy the confusion that the Ravenclaw wallowed in right now. Scraping his throat the boy quickly got up from his seat, deciding that it was about time he moved.

"Anyone who wants to team up with me with the muggle sports?" August tried to divert the attention elsewhere. Nick and the group ignored him, still in the midst of their own joy as they continued to tease him. The foreigner decided to ignore them for now as he turned towards Theodore, the only one who was still clueless about what was going on. Thank the heavens that the boy rarely paid any attention to what was written in the papers, or around him. With a slight nod towards the blond, a silent promise that they were going team up together, August then got up, his eyes then falling over a lone figure.

'Hazel' the boy recalled her name easily. Yes, that sounded like a good idea. The foreigner figured that since she was new she hadn't made any friends yet. He hadn't paid her much attention after almost bumping into her in front of the Great Hall, but she didn't strike him as someone extroverted. August believed that he should seize the opportunity to have a more in depth talk with her about the orchestra and give her the last push to convince her.

With that decided the Ravenclaw moved over to the transfer student, a smile crossing his features to make himself appear friendlier. "Morning! Would you like to tag along with us for today?" he asked, hoping that he didn't scare her too badly by suddenly popping up in front of her. "We, Theodore and I, were planning to go to the muggle sports first. If you want you can come with us," he continued, pointing with his thumb towards the other Ravenclaw lad who was following behind him with his usually bored expression. The foreigner supposed that he should be happy that the blond didn't have a permanent glare etched on his face instead. At least that shouldn't scare her away, right?
[/fieldbox]
NPC's - Ravenclaw friends, Nick, Theodore Williams
@Misaou - Hazel Mbali [With permission to slightly godmod her.]
OC - Garaile Scriven

Last edited:
6fpqc9.jpg

[glow=blue]❤ Hogwarts || Great Hall ❤[/glow]

The raven haired girl yawned as she brought her tea to her lips. She hadn't gotten a goodnight's rest last night. For some reason, her brain didn't want to shut off and slow down. On top of that, she kept replaying the events of her first day over and over and wondering if she made the right decisions and if not what she could've done to fix them. She was always a little anxious with the making friends business. She didn't know why really, she just knew that she had developed this anxiety when she was a kid. So it would explain why she didn't exactly have said friends even when she really wanted them. It seemed that everyone was getting started for this 'Field's Day' thing they had going on here. This was the first time Hazel had ever participated in something like this. All the other schools she attended hadn't really done something like this before she was curious to see what would happen. At the same time, though, she was tired and didn't exactly feel like participating, but she had no choice in the matter.

She had eaten breakfast alone, which wasn't a problem with her. Sure she desired friends but she was used to being alone and she sometimes enjoyed it. She had been reading the papers today and what surprised to see what kind of content the students here put in their papers. That fanfiction made her blush for sure. Just thinking about it brought the blush back to her cheeks. She was surprised that was even allowed. Never had she seen something like this in a school newspaper. She wondered who wrote it. Who could be brave enough, or ballsy enough to do such a thing? She was about to finish the last bite of her muffin when a voice from behind her suddenly startled her. "Morning! Would you like to tag along with us for today?" Slowly turning around to see who was talking to her, her azure eyes wide in alarm she looked up into familiar emerald eyes. August, if she remembered correctly. She had nearly ran into him a couple days ago. Behind the brunette was a blonde boy she didn't know. Suddenly tensing up at the sight of a new face, Hazel tried to recall what was just spoken to her. "We, Theodore and I, were planning to go to the muggle sports first. If you want you can come with us," He said with an easy smile.

Blinking at the both of them, then glancing back at her finished breakfast she realized that she wasn't doing anything. And she'd rather not attempt to attack the Field's Day alone so this was a good chance. Besides, if it was muggle sports she knew a thing or two, being a half-blood and living in the muggle world and all. "Uh, sure, thanks for inviting me." She said to him softly with a shy smile to match her soft-spoken voice. Getting up from the table she dusted the crumbs off her skirt then turned towards the one named Theodore. Sticking out her hand as a customary handshake she nodded at him. "My names Hazel, nice to meet you, Theodore," This blonde guy seemed to be bored, she wondered if he didn't want to participate in this Field's Day as well. Or maybe he didn't want August dragging him over to meet her? Then again, maybe he would've worn a different expression should that be the case. Oh well, she wouldn't read that much into it. After all, it wasn't any of her business anyway.

"So what sport were you boys planning on trying?" Hazel asked so she could know what she was getting herself into.
Characters Mentioned:

@Nemopedia - August Yilmaz & NPC Theodore Williams

2qk7cr5.jpg
qrxjxk.jpg

♣ Start of Race Track ♣ ♠ Great Hall - Around School - Start of Race Track - Heading Towards Muggle Sports Area ♠
Avery had been sitting at the breakfast table earlier, eating something light and smiling in an absent-minded fashion to himself. He'd heard that this year, they were going to have muggle games as well as the typical wizard sports. Although, like all of the kids at the school, Avery had learned how to fly in his first year, it wasn't something he particularly enjoyed. Layla had never seemed amenable to the idea of being raced like some trophy slug, either, which meant he had stuck to the scavenger hunt. That was fun, too, a chance to stretch his mental muscles over something besides schoolwork, but he'd always thought a Field's Day didn't feel completely right without a test of athleticism as well, and was pleased about the turn of events. Someone had sat down next to him, and his eyes had momentarily flashed over at them. Ah, a friendly face. He'd turned to greet his fellow Slytherin with an amiable smile. "Good morning, Darcy."

"Morning, Avery." The equally polite boy had answered back, stifling a yawn.

"Would you like some coffee?" Avery had offered, handing him a mug of it. Avery himself rarely touched anything more caffeinated than tea, but then again, he rarely had problems waking up early in the mornings, even on the occasion that he slept unusually late. From several overnight camping trips, he'd come to learn that Stella was much the same, but the two Prince boys were just the opposite. Both Sebastian and Darcy could sleep till kingdom come. Darcy was particularly horrible in this regard, as it usually took a splash of water to wake him from the near-death way he slept, but Sebastian was typically more evil about it, grumping around ferociously at least until noon hit.

Darcy had accepted the cup gratefully and took a rather long-suffering draft of it for a thirteen year old. Avery was silent, giving Darcy the time and space to wake up a bit. "Oh. Today is Field's Day, isn't it? Do you know which event you're planning to attend, Avery?" The younger boy had asked, when his brain had finally kicked itself into gear.

"I was thinking to join one of the muggle sports." Avery had answered back easily, not taking the least bit of affront at being spoken to like an equal by someone younger than him. "Basketball, if they have it. It's the one with the hoops." The last little explanation was for the half-blood's clarification. While the Prince's had been exposed to a little bit of muggle music and sports, Darcy, he knew, would not recognize any sport by name except for football. Avery liked basketball. He'd played it often enough as a kid and in school for it to be a nostalgic activity. "What about you, Darcy? Will you be joining Stella in the relay race again this year?"

Darcy had shook his head and laughed quietly. "I don't think I'm really fast enough for her taste. Besides, it'll be easier to keep an eye on Bas if I'm doing the scavenger hunt, I think. He's racing Robert - you know, the salamander - with Stella's permission of course. I think she was afraid one of those fighting things would be one of the muggle sports available and Bas would want to try it." The last bit wasn't said as a joke, but said as a morose possibility into his cup. "Oh. I did promise her I'd see her off before she began her race, though. Would you like to come with me?"

Seeing no reason to refuse, Avery had ended up following Darcy to the start of the race track.

----

Stella could feel the excitement bubbling up inside of her like some kind of inexorable force. Days like this always lifted her spirits. Even against the slight chill of November, it was nice to be able to fly with other people, not having to worry about if she was taking up the Quidditch pitch or whatever else. She held her old Moontrimmer comfortably. It was not the fastest of brooms, but it had been with her for a long time and there were few that she could fly better. Never having been a huge fan of Quidditch, she ignored that in favor of the race tracks, planning to do a solo race. Her golden locks bobbed in an unusual fashion, bound into a long ponytail, and for once her long, black umbrella was nowhere to be found. The Hufflepuff was not feeling especially competitive, but in her mind, it would be poor form not to put her best into her rare chance to fly competitively.

She drew up next to a dark-haired girl she didn't recognize, wearing a Slytherin uniform. The girl looked a bit familiar, and considering her age perhaps they were in the same year, but that was as far as that thought process went before it was interrupted. A couple more black-haired Slytherins walked up to her, and these two she most definitely knew. "Stella!" Darcy called, waving one hand to make sure she could see him before they drew closer.

Stella gave Avery, following close behind, one of her usual smirks and acknowledged him with no more than a cheeky, "God-food." Again, with the stupid nickname.

"Morning, little star." He responded, unperturbed by the old play on his middle name. "Good luck on your race today." He said, nicely, but that just made her roll her bright blue eyes dramatically. Not far from her, he noticed the transfer student, Glesni Helling. Avery had... difficulties with the Helling girl. He didn't think she liked him, was the short way of putting it. More accurately, she reminded him actually quite a bit of Stella. Although the two were utterly different in basic personality, as far as he could tell from his short acquaintanceship with her, she similarly enough seemed to find it her mission in life to make fun of him whenever they had a conversation. Or perhaps he was just reading too much into things.

Before he could say anything more, Stella shooed him off, "Oh, go away, God-food. I know you don't want to be here any more than I want you to be here." Laughing slightly to himself, but not denying it, Avery just nodded and quietly excused himself. As he headed towards the muggle sports area, he heard Stella crossly say to her brother, "Stop panicking, Darcy. Bas will be just fine. I doubt he's going to go wild and set fire to anything. Besides, he likes Bob. Now you shoo, too. Just enjoy yourself. You know how this goes."

Characters mentioned:
Glesni Helling - @Ritual Lobotomy

Last edited:
6yhdg1.jpg

[Hogwarts; Quidditch Pitch]

After spending her weekend ill in the infirmary the Monday was the first day that Melinda actually felt any good. The headache was gone and so were the constant waves of heat that she had felt on the Quidditch pitch. It seemed that she had indeed caught a very unfortunate cold that day, but it was nothing that she couldn't recover from.

However, that wasn't any of her concern now. Right now little Geralds was on the hide for a certain captain. After running out on Madison in the middle of training the girl hadn't seen her childhood friend again. A good sign, really, for the Gryffindor was convinced that there was nothing good waiting for her.

Melinda knew that she shouldn't avoid meeting Madi for too long. After all, it was all for the good of the team. The Gryffindor knew that her best option was actually going to see the captain herself and get over with whatever she had to do. Yet she didn't. Reasons, she didn't feel like dealing with it, she was too afraid to deal with it, and she definitely made it sound worse than it actually would be.

It was of no matter now, however, for the short girl was now outside on the Quidditch pitch and still running away from her responsibilities as a chaser. She had gobbled up her breakfast in a (personal) record time, for once deciding not to be slow or picky with her food. Her eyes looking out over the entrance and across the table all the while. All in all the female might have only spend several minutes at most in the Great Hall before she hurried herself out, not even minding herself to gulp down the last bites she was still chewing on. This was just an example of how much she was trying to avoid Madi.

So with the hood of her cloak pulled far over her head, a scarf tightly wrapped around her face, the female had made herself unrecognisable. However, that didn't mean that she didn't look suspicious. Despite the chilly weather that comes with November it wasn't quite so cold, or rainy, that anyone required to pack themselves as heavily as Melinda had done. As such she stuck out like a sore thumb in the crowd despite her small frame.

"Hey, first year, aren't you a little hot under all that?" a house mate asked in concern. Flinching a little Melinda was about to open her mouth, wanting to jab back a retort. 'How dare…' Feeling an anger bulging up inside of her the female would have lashed out if it wasn't for the fact that she quickly realised that it was a classmate who had approached her. Another sixth year Gryffindor and potential spy for Madi. Just her luck.

Quickly deciding against insulting the classmate, who only had the best intentions, Melinda shook her head furiously. Her hair whipped her across the eyes that was the only part left uncovered. Casting them down as to make sure that he wouldn't look her in the eyes Melinda just prayed that the classmate wouldn't persist with the questions. She didn't dare to open her mouth and speak, for fear that the classmate would recognise her voice if she did. Luckily, the fellow Gryffindor backed off a little from the odd figure, eyeing her a little suspiciously before letting the matter go.

"Okay... then..?" was their reply before hurrying off. The short girl sighed in relief, for once grateful that she could pass for a junior. Not that she took it as a compliment, but hopefully it would help her hide away from Madi.

@Misaou - Madison van Reeden

tumblr_o2nod9tOTi1rrfopko1_500.png

Ravenclaw Common Room >> Grand Staircase

Crispin had strong feelings about many things, but it was hard to reach the level of hatred he had for physical activity. He was better suited for work behind a desk than on a broom or on a track. But today, he couldn't hide behind any desks or other pieces of office furniture. Today was fields day: the day the collective scum of Hogwarts were forced from their miserable dark corners and shoved out into the beating light of the sun to participate in slave-like group activities...They tried to make it more interactive by including muggle sports, or like Crispin called them, sports. But that didn't motivate him much more since it still required more effort than he was willing to give and each one had a good amount of sour memories associated with it from when his father tried to get him into sports teams when he was younger. To this day he tasted the faint musty tang of blood in his mouth when he saw a football. Though, he considered injuring himself pretty early on so he could have a reason to skip out on the "festivities".

Crispin knew it was a bit chilly, however knowing himself he'd be overheating after running a few laps. He decided to dress in light clothes: a dark t-shirt, short pink shorts, and white sneakers on his oddly small feet. Pink bows adorned his curled pigtails, and he wore light makeup so that mascara wouldn't run down his face while doing outdoors-y shit. If he was gonna fail at sports, he was going to look cute doing it. At this point the lame scavenger hunt seemed a lot more fun than actually going out. Maybe he'd waste his time doing that instead.

Still, Crispin put his optimist mask on. Even with all the clamor of fields day going on, he could still find enjoyment in the misery of others. 'Others' specifically referring to a certain Lucas Grey who had slipped from his grasp the previous day. Unfortunately, the small blonde had been burdened with a migraine that practically knocked him out, further delaying his schemes. Grey was lucky he had escaped, but Crissy was going to make up for lost time. After all, little Luke was his new boyfriend, he wanted to get to know the guy a bit better.

However, he had to find the smurf first. Which was what he was spending his time doing, avoiding going out to the fields and skipping around searching for his little blue boy. He was going to search every inch of the castle before going out to face the looming inevitability of exercise.

He skipped around the Ravenclaw common room, seemingly excited for the upcoming activities. His voice chimed a teasing melody that would be haunting to it's supposed retriever. "Lukey-pooooo~" he sang, tossing a blanket and looking underneath couches. He made his way to the exit and towards the staircase, continuing his search down the steps. "Lukey-pooooooo~!" he sang louder, passing by a few students. He turned to one of them, a Gryffindor boy. "Have you seen Lucas Grey this morning?" he said cheerily, batting his long eyelashes. The boy pouted his lips and shrugged, clearly clueless. Probably didn't even know who Lucas Grey was. Dumbass. Crispin turned back to his original course, a smirk set on his face. "You can't hide foreverrr~..." he sang quietly to himself, skipping down the staircase and heading for the Great Hall.

@Faust > Lucas Grey
Random NPC Gryffindor kid

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_o2oeaemqdR1rrfopko1_500.png

Great Hall

Maroon eyes read the same lines over and over her story in the paper. Charlotte still couldn't believe she was able to submit so much of her creativity into the paper. She wondered what others thought about her work...She was glad it was all anonymous, she'd never be brave enough to attach her name to either of her pieces. She finally put the paper down, getting herself too self conscious would spoil her appetite. It was breakfast, but her hunger for meat was strong today. The sausage that sat on her plate was skewered straight through by her fork before she brought it up to her mouth and sunk her teeth into it. The juices filled her mouth as she chewed it to bits. She sighed contently, closing her eyes and enjoying her breakfast. She would have preferred a nice steak, but as a princess-in-training, she didn't want to be so picky.

Opening her eyes once more, they wandered to the Ravenclaw table. She spied August Yilmaz looking over the paper. Her nerves quickly shot up, but she kept her eyes on the scene. She wondered if he had seen the art she'd made of him yet. Almost as if the universe had heard her, she overheard Theodore Williams regard him, "The second page is interesting." She swallowed her food a bit harshly. That was the page... She watched him turn the pages between his fingers with baited breathe. There was a small second of what seemed to be confusion and then a lingering shock..but even to Charlotte it was obvious....

He loved it!

She could feel a warm flutter in her stomach, like tiny baby spiders bursting from an egg-sac inside her. She smiled to herself, quickly tearing her eyes away from the scene. She didn't want to be found out. After all, August was like a role model to her, and she wouldn't want him to see her any differently. Still, she was overjoyed that he liked it. It made her want to pick up a notebook and draw more...

But alas, that would have to wait. After all, today was the much anticipated fields day...Being the half-breed she was, Charlotte had to be careful about her exposure to sunlight, so she was exempt from a few activities and allowed to carry a parasol around, but she didn't let that stop her. She loved being around her peers and watching them engage in various activities. Because she was at risk of getting a bit roughed up from the games, some of her spiders decided to stay in her room.

Finishing her breakfast, she decided she didn't want to waste a minute of daylight. She took her closed parasol into her hands and picked herself up from her secluded end of the Hufflepuff table. She snuck another glance towards the Ravenclaw table. August was talking to another student accompanied by his close friend Theodore Williams. She wondered where they'd be headed...

She decided to wait it out and follow them from a distance.

@Nemopedia < August Yilmaz
NPC Theodore Williams

InzKUpy.jpg

It was Fields Day, and everyone was talking about it. That much Alistair knew. How could he not? The excited noise in the Slytherin dungeons earlier had done a great deal to remind him of the event. Thanks to that, he woke up unnecessarily early and was now in a sour mood, thus in absolutely no condition to play. Then again, even if he had woken up in high spirits, the entire prospect of Fields Day alone would have certainly dampened his mood anyway. Not that he had any problem with sports. Physical activity, especially Quidditch, was always something he looked forward to, but the prospect of having to play his favorite game with all these... inexperienced idiots left him yearning to crawl back underneath the covers of his bed. Yet, he had stubbornly pulled himself up from his bunk so that now, minutes later, he was sitting amidst a crowd of students in the Great Hall, eating his breakfast as per routine.

As always, he kept to himself, silently reading over the school paper as he nibbled on his food. There was a hand-drawn portrait in the school paper that he barely skimmed over, some news about a flu and the weather that only lingered for a split second in his mind before they were forgotten. By the time he reached the latter part of the news, he immediately put the paper aside, knowing what was in store for him if he dared read further into "The Imagination Web". The headline alone and the title below it was enough indication that these were boundaries he shouldn't and probably didn't want to cross. Thank Merlin nobody had thought of writing about him and his brother. Not yet, at least. He would raise hell otherwise.

Speaking of his brother, where was he? Alistair had half a mind to scan the room, but decided it would be impossible searching for him in such a vast hall packed with people. These minor inconveniences often make him wistfully wonder what could have been, had he and his twin been sorted into the same house. Alas, that idiot brother of his went and got himself sorted into Gryffindor. For whatever reason. But that was all in the past, no use dwelling in that now. In any case, he'd leave it up to Zed to find him. In the meanwhile, he was going to finish his breakfast so that he could finally prepare for the activities. Oh, Merlin, the dreaded activities. Still, as much as he wanted to just laze around for the entire day, this event was something everyone had to participate in. Getting into trouble was... well, too much trouble, and besides, if he were to skip, word could go back to his grandfather and that was certainly out of the question. And so with a drawn-out sigh, he heaved himself from the table and made for the entrance doors.

Just as he was making for the doors, however, he overheard an exchange between three students at the neighboring Ravenclaw table. He caught a snippet of their conversation: "We, Theodore and I, were planning to go to the muggle sports first. If you want you can come with us." Ah, muggle sports. Alistair almost forgot. He barely heard what the girl said in response; a sardonic laugh had managed to escape his lips and he made no more effort to stifle it. How perfect. Quidditch amateurs and muggle sports! This day was definitely going to be a disaster. Perhaps he ought to jinx some of that muggle equipment; that at the very least would be some form of entertainment for him.

In no time, he was finally outside. The weather was chilly but even during these cool days he wore light clothing. The cold didn't bother him, however. A minute or so after uttering a summoning charm1​, his broom whizzed through the crowd of people, startling some, before finally resting in Alistair's hand. He mounted it, kicked the ground, and began circling around the Quidditch pitch to warm himself up for the activities.
Characters mentioned/interacted with:
August Yilmaz & NPC Theodore Williams - @Nemopedia
Hazel Mbali - @Misaou
Zedekiah Blackbourne - @Mother Flakes

1 - Summoning charm

tumblr_ntmj0zEWE01ucie7qo1_500.jpg

1j_FXS.png

Hogwarts Grounds>>Muggle sports place
Hogwarts Grounds>>Near Hagrid's Hurt

The sun shone(sometimes), the breeze rarely too cold for him to truly regret waking up that day. A fine day to be athletic. The issue was that Adam was about as athletic as a flobberworm, and he wasn't exactly looking forward to spending a day in competition with other people. He was perhaps one of the only people who would really prefer class. Adam was extremely confident in his abilities to completely and utterly fail every thing he tried, whether it was a sport(bringing him back to the flobberworm point), a pet race(he loved animals, but felt that he was quite terrible when it came to caring for them), or a scavenger hunt(he was awful at riddles, and would prefer to leave that for the Ravenclaws). Unfortunately, the day's activities were mandatory, so he decided that he might as well try and make the best of it.

Which isn't to say that, as he ate a third helping of breakfast sausages that morning and read the very(ahem)interesting pieces in the school's newspaper, he hadn't briefly thought of going back to his dorm and "forgetting" the day's events. Of course, he would never do that. He didn't get a chance to either, because as the last sausage disappeared from his plate, he felt his hand clap on his back, surprising himself enough that he very well would have choked if he hadn't already swallowed the food. The person had been his cousin, who apparently didn't have anything better to do than bother perfectly innocent Hufflepuffs just trying to enjoy a meal. He did have Slytherin friends, didn't he?

In any case, Ryan ended up pulling the smaller boy along with him out of the school. Let's be honest here, he was being quite the good samaritan by actually making sure his cousin made it out onto the fields. He knew Adam, and the kid almost immediately crashed the first time he sat on a broom. He'd be the kid who pretended to have a broken leg to get out of P.E. And he had the time, as all of his dormmates had mysteriously grown very nice tails overnight. So Ryan decided to be the wonderful and kind cousin he was, and help the younger boy figure out what he wanted to do.

"You should try volleyball. It's the game where you hit the ball over a net to other people until one of you miss. I bet you'd be great at it," he said to Adam, walking backwards in front of the Hufflepuff as he spoke to him. Was that a smart thing to do when basically all the teachers and students were running around right by him? Probably not. But Ryan had yet to crash into anyone, which was reason enough to continue. Besides, this was an important mission, to get one very unenthusiastic person to just pick a game, so that no one would have to write home that they got in trouble for refusing to do sports, and he would have filled his imaginary quota for obligatory familial kindness. Though preferably not a game that could gain the boy too many house points, because Ryan wasn't looking to help Hufflepuff win the House Cup. There was, of course, the matter that most of the students would probably look hilarious trying to play the muggle sports. Adam also had no upper body strength that Ryan knew of, and honestly, he just really wanted to see the kid try.

Unfortunately, Adam didn't look any more enthused at the prospect of the game. Ryan had really thought he'd take the bait, honestly. The Hufflepuff boy seemed pretty interested in muggle things. Apparently, though, he drew the line at sports, which would have been great to know before Ryan dragged the kid out there. "I might just do the pet race," said Adam, who had a good deal of time to think while walking with Ryan. "But I'll watch any events you decide to take part in?" That was a last ditch attempt at an awkward apology for wasting the other boy's time, though Adam hadn't exactly asked to waste his time. Which was completely unnecessary, probably. Please. While Ryan was in fact doing that from the goodness of his heart, and it greatly sucked that Adam decided to go another way, he could probably live with the fact that his cousin wanted to do something that probably didn't involved a very amused Ryan watching in the background.

So Ryan was left alone as Adam went his own way, and he came to a very serious issue as he was about to continue on his way. He'd been very preoccupied that morning with his tailed roommates, and preoccupied again in a very important attempt to get his cousin to participate in life. He therefore succeeded on having no idea what he wanted to do. His first thought was to participate in the faux-quidditch game, but then he remembered that he'd left his broom behind in the dorms, which was much too far a trek to make. He was, however, already close to the area where the muggle sports were generally clustered. Which didn't seem too bad. Ryan knew his way around most of those sports. Now it was all just the matter of picking one.​

Last edited:
JLslmuS.png
Location Gryffindor Tower (Male Dormitory) → Great Hall → Quidditch Pitch​
"Are you ready?" Zed's silver eyes scrutinized that sat before him. The cat meowed in response and then proceeded to grooming himself. A grin spread across Zed's face at this. "Good" he nodded at his cat.

It was fields day today and Zed was certainly excited, not because of quidditch, not because of the racing, and most definitely not because of the muggle sports. No. There was one event that Zed was looking forward to and that is the annual pet race. Each year he and his cat, Czes, have entered the race. Unfortunately, it wasn't always a win for them. But regardless! Zed was confident that this was their year, today they will be victorious.

He walked towards his trunk and pulled out a bag of cat treats. Immediately as he did, Czeslaw stopped his grooming and pinned his eyes onto Zed who took a few steps back to his place in front of Czes and plopped down on the floor with the cat. As soon as he did, Czes began to nuzzle against his knee. Zed chuckled at how affectionate his cat was being in the presence of a treat, before fishing a treat from the bag he was holding and then giving it to his beloved pet. Czes happily ate the treat as his owner patted him on the head.

A few seconds passed by with Zed just patting his cat before he stopped and got up from where he sat on the floor. "Right. Time to go Czes." he said as he placed the bag of treats back where it belonged, making sure to grab his scarf and wrap it around his neck before making his way towards the door, expecting his pet to follow him. Just as he opened the door and made an exit, Zed looked back, just to check if Czes was trully following him and sighed when he found that his pet still stood in the same spot that it had earlier and had reverted back to grooming itself. A frown settled on his face. "Maybe ... this isn't our year after all." he mumbled to himself before calling out to his cat. "Oi Czes!" The animal stopped his grooming and looked at Zed. Perhaps Czes noticed that he wasn't pleased? In any case, his pet finally did as Zed wanted and walked towards him. Just to be certain whether or not Czes would follow him, Zed stepped out of the room, keeping his eyes trained on the Siamese cat as he did. When he saw that Czeslaw had followed, he closed the door behind them and went back to looking in front of him as he made his way to the Great Hall.
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The trip to the great hall was one that was short lived. Zed entered, walked to his table, snatched a bagel and drank some juice. Normally he would be piling his plate with piles of eggs, bacon, and whatever else was available on the table. But today he wanted a quick breakfast. As he nibbled on his bagel, Zed scanned the Slytherin table in a futile attempt to find his dear brother. Knowing Ali, he knew that the Slytherin twin would most likely choose to partake in either the race or the quidditch event. Muggle sports were obviously out of the question, and Ali didn't really have a pet. Though, Zed is aware that the students who wish to partake in the pet race could borrow an animal from Hagrid, he knew that his brother would rather partake in an event that involved flying on his broom rather than take a chance with one of the animals.

He took a final gulp, finishing the rest of his juice, and got up from his place on the table. He grabbed on more bagel just before leaving and made his way to the quidditch pitch to check if his brother was there. If he wasn't then he'd check out where the race is taking place. If he wasn't there either... well, then Zed will just have to proceed to the pet race area without seeing Alistair first and wishing him good luck. They may be in different houses, but they were still brothers. Blood before house is what he says.

Surely enough, he was right. Upon arriving at the pitch, bagel in hand and Czeslaw in tow--thankfully the cat had followed him and not wandered off--Zed saw his brother already flying around. He immediately called out to him. "Alllliiiiii~!"
Characters Mentioned
Alistair Blackbourne (@FieryCold)

Last edited:
29w2t53.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent][[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Hogwarts School[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]; Just outside the Quidditch Pitch -- Change Room[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]--[/BCOLOR]

She was falling.

The wind was bitter and cold, it caused the sweat she'd worked up to cool quickly and cling to her skin, giving it an almost clammy feeling. Her eyes were closed, and though the feeling of rushing toward the ground was looming over her, there was no nervousness in her gut. She was calm, perfectly level-headed. Kiyoko Oshiro, as usual, knew exactly what she was doing.

She opened her eyes and held out her hand. After a beat of hesitation the broom that had been left mid-flight above her as she'd jumped off rushed toward her. She seized it by the handle when it drew close enough and threw her leg over. Her feet found their place and she zoomed of, catching her makeshift golf ball snitch within moments. She paused for a moment.
"Not fast enough." She hissed to herself, the girl sighed and pulled back on the wooden shaft, causing her broom to a halt. She remained there, hovering as she looked down at the golf ball in her hand. The asian girl let her shoulders slump as she sighed yet again.

She'd been out here for hours, practising every skilful play she could think of in preparation for the game. The official practices that she scheduled required too much supervision on her part for the girl to be able to work on her own technique, she had to make sure they were all doing it right but she wouldn't let her own performance suffer. Hence why she was here... Recently, in light of her duties as Captain, she'd wanted to add a little extra to their team composition. She'd started subscribing to a quidditch magazine, using the tips and picking out the moves that she believed they could execute with little difficulty. As the year went on she would try some of the higher level play, but for now these few curve balls should be enough to startle the Gryffindor players.

The girl glanced over toward the field they would be playing on. There were more ant-sized figures now then there had been fifteen minutes ago. It seemed like that pitch was becoming a bit crowded for her taste, and because of that she decided to call her personal practice for the day. The girl flew over from her practice zone outside of the pitch and landed effortlessly near the far end where her team usually got changed for practice and eventually, games. As she did so, more than a few eyes noticed her arrival, as she passed by the odd few she kept her shoulders high, green eyes trained on where she was going. She thought she heard whispers, but the word Nazi didn't mean anything to her, so she shrugged it off.

She was almost home free when a tall and weasel-like figure stepped in-between the entrance to the Quidditch team's change room. She paused, "Feeling confident for the upcoming game?"
He asked her suddenly. When she didn't respond, he went on, "What are you going to do about that baked arm of your boyfriend?"
The asian girl frowned, and her brow twitched slightly and her green eyes narrowed, "How is Jay doing?"
The spindly male inquired, without missing a beat she glanced up at him, "How's your hand doing?"
"Just fine! I can now pop it in and out of its joint!" The male replied, she sighed internally, wishing that Jayden's damage had been more long-lived. "Oh let me try!"
She exclaimed with a false enthusiasm, reaching her hand forward as if she was trying to be intimidating, the male brushed her off smoothly.

"Nah, sweet offer, but I don't want to fart when you pull my finger." At the crude remark, the girl raised an eyebrow at the male and tried to suppress a smirk. The remark was so unexpected that it was entertaining in an odd way, "Ah! A smile, heading the right direction, I assume?" The boy winked as her.
"Hardly" The girl declared as she rolled her eyes and walked past him to get changed. She was still smirking weakly. Once inside the cloth canopy she leaned her broom against a wall and peeled off her sweater, leaving the girl in a black tanktop. The Oshiro girl wove her way around the room that was more dishevelled than she'd left it last practice, and made a mental note to tidy it up. She sat on a bench and remove her shoes before opening up the locker she'd stored her things in, when she did so Garaile Scriven looked back at her from a cramped position within the frame.

"Uuuuh... Konichiwa?"
"GaAHH!" Kiyoko instinctively jumped back, and her doing so caused the girl to trip over the bench she'd just been sitting on.
"Is that what you guys say over there?" The male asked from his jammed position in the locker, "Or was it Ni Hao?"
From the ground she glared up at him. The back of her head hurt, as well as her bum. She groaned as she propped herself up on her elbows and growled in a slightly pained voice, "Go die, Scriven"

[BCOLOR=transparent]--[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Characters Mentioned -[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]@Nemopedia - Garaile Scriven [ Permission given to God-Mod ][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]@Wicked - Jayden Everdragomir[/BCOLOR]​

Hola39.png

(Ravenclaw Tower ~ Great Hall)

"You would think that the house renowned for bookworms would have half-way decent couches to fall asleep on" Alice muttered to herself as she woke up on the couch in the Common Room. Stretching her arms above her head, Alice could feel her muscles protesting as she slowly woke herself up. People don't know how privileged they are until they cannot enter their own room for fear of retribution. It's at times like this, when her roommates were still seeking revenge, that Alice wished she had her own dorm and didn't live with vindictive witches.

Alice glanced at the staircase and wondered if her "ex" roommates had gone to breakfast yet, odds are they haven't left the room yet, but she could hope. It was Field day after all, maybe they had gotten up earlier to go look at the boys showing off their athletic prowess to anyone desperate enough to actually care. Usually on Field Day most people watched the flying races and participated in the events that took little to no effort, like the pet race or the scavenger hunt. This year however they added in a whole bunch of new events as well as a bunch of Muggle sports.

Normally, Alice took apart in the pet race, losing horribly, but since it required little to no effort on her behalf it was perfect. Alice mostly sat back and watched her sister dominate in the solo races, she was a chaser once upon a time. This year however, Alice was going to join in the other events and be more outgoing than normal. This was the first year, she could actually earn points for Ravenclaw, instead of forcing Alberta to exercise for once in her toady life. What most people didn't know was that Alice was a great Volleyball player, having to practice with her sister, who played on a club team in Canada. However, since becoming the beater on the Quidditch team the muscles in her arms had gotten stronger, and her aim had only improved. When she was discussing what she what she could do during field day, her brother brought up one of the few sports she was good at. Forget Jules and her solo races, this year Alice would be good at something for once, and hopefully be remembered as more than the clumsy kid whose toad refused to move from the starting point every year.

Getting up off the couch, Alice silently crept up the stairs to her dorm and listened for any signs of life before entering the room. Noting the fact that her roommates were gone, Alice quickly got her clothes and wondered if she would have enough time to actually take a shower. She knew the odds were against her, but decided to take the chance and ran into the bathroom. Alice could say without a single doubt that she had taken the quickest shower of her life, no more than 5 minutes, and when she got out quickly got rid of any evidence that she was in the room. Getting ready, grabbing anything she may need for the upcoming day and making it down to the Great Hall didn't take long, leaving enough time for her to glance around. She saw Mathew and his friends farther down the table reading the paper, but it didn't really seem like a big deal.

Grabbing a blueberry muffin and debating on whether or not to grab more to eat Alice was skimming the school paper, when the Imagination Web story caught her attention. It was a new addition, so Alice took the time to read it instead of her usual glances. It took all of 2 minutes for her face to flush a bright red and glance around the hall shocked. The story wasn't terribly written but there were children reading the paper. Although she knew it was redacted, it didn't take a genius to figure out what was taken out. Alice didn't usually consider herself a prude and read fanfiction of the more mature kind, but this was different. This was in the school paper, not her phone, her laptop, or any other kind of device, no, this was the SCHOOL PAPER. It didn't help that the story was about two people in her year no less, but and now that she thought about it, they would make a striking couple.

Looking back at her brother she saw him reaching for the paper, so without even thinking Alice jumped up out of her seat and ran towards him. "NOPE" She practically shouted and she ripped the paper from his hands. It didn't matter that Mathew was looking at her like a freak, or the fact her face must look like a lobster, protecting his innocent mind took precedence at the moment.

"Ice, What the Hell? Give the paper back to me" He said looking slightly pissed off, as his friends in the background started to laugh at the situation.

"Matty, trust me on this. You don't want to read it" Alice muttered looking directly in his eyes, begging him to drop it and listen to her. Just as he was about to retort however, one of his friends started choking on his drink. Quickly turning around Alice watched as Mathew smacked the kid on the back, causing him to cough. Shaking her head sadly, Alice quickly checked to make sure the kid wasn't actually dying. After confirming that the boy was okay, Alice noticed that the paper was open to the story. The kid who had read the story just crumpled up the paper and went on to groaning about how he was scarred for life. Alice just shot Mathew a look that screamed "I told you so" and smacked him on the back of the head with the paper. Shaking her head and ignoring everyone else, Alice just walked back to her muffin and grabbed some bacon and started eating. It wouldn't do anyone any good if she was exercising on an empty stomach.

Holla.png

Characters Interacted with:
Mathew Bishop & Roommates ~ My NPC's​

tumblr_ng6z8uX8891rrfopko1_500.jpg

[glow=white]|Great Hall|[/glow]

Letting out a grand yawn, Luke stretched his arms and legs while he sat on the bench belonging to the Ravenclaw house table. In front of him was a cup of tea, he'd decided to go with the traditional flavor this time instead of the fruity ones he usually took, as well as a bowl of porridge. His general mood this morning wasn't of the best kind, but it was usual for the kid as he wasn't a morning person, but that wasn't really the main reason. No, that reason wasn't because it was fields day, he didn't hate sports. On the contrary he would probably find this day rather enjoyable, where he could focus on competition rather than studies and other outward disturbances for once. But the problem was just that, this "outward disturbance" that is. This disturbance, going by the name of Crissy Fairlie, was most likely going to do everything in her power to make his day into a living hell. She'll probably succeed with doing so as well, considering that the contract he wrote his name on unknowingly and unwillingly stated that he was pretty much that she-devil's slave. Then she goes and proclaims that he's her boyfriend? Luke scoffed and took a sip of tea, there was no way he'd go along with that. He felt a slight shiver and he turned his head towards the entrance, he swore he could hear Crissy's voice just now. Shaking his head, he told himself his mind was playing tricks on him.

Lucas sighed, then there was the issue of this "prankster" that was running amok. In all seriousness he should probably focus more on how to come up with a plan for that instead of messing around on field day. But it was mandatory to participate after all, so he might as well try to put his mind off that for a little while at least. Alright then. What sports did he feel like doing this year? He could always go for the racing, he did consider himself pretty quick on the brook after all. Or should he participate in the smaller version of quidditch? Playing as a Chaser shouldn't be that much harder than being the Seeker, right? Well... He wasn't going to get cocky, there was probably plenty of people who far exceeded him in that area. He could never quite enjoy the pet races, he preferred being the one doing the racing himself. Trying one of the muggle sports also sounded tempting, but he had no idea of what they were like... No, he decided to stick with what he knew. He cupped his chin with his right hand as he stirred his cup with a spoon with the other. Would be nice if he could race with Anice, but then again she probably wasn't going to participate in the broom race. It'd be pretty fun to compete against Jay for once as well, fair and square, but Luke had no idea what Mr. Mosquito would do this day. Lucas thought that he could probably challenge him in some sport... but then again he didn't quite feel for that. Ah well, unless he met any of them he supposed he'd stick to the solo broom racing.

Finishing his cup of tea, as well as his porridge, he decided to linger just a bit longer until the masses started moving out. He could always use this time to think of some way to deal with the "mass-hexer".

Characters Mentioned:

Crispin Fairlie @VocaStar
Anice Runeswell @VocaStar
Jayden Everdragomir @Wicked

29l0nk0.jpg

14298ra.jpg
[fieldbox="Briar Black - Great Hall, #ebb063"]
Briar couldn't complain, Fields Day had allowed the students an extra day to recuperate after such an eventful weekend. After she heard that Fields Day was requiring 100% student participation, though, she changed her mind about it.

"
I can't fly," she whispered to her spoon before it entered her mouth. Chewing that thought over, and some of her fruit medley, the girl imagined herself compressing into a human-pancake against the side of a wall or simply flying drunkenly about the field, leaning heavily one way then another and weaving about in the air like a blind woman. Well, because she was. Sighing, Briar scooped up another bite of fruit, lifting her eyes at a glorious sound she hadn't realized she'd missed while she was away at school.

It was the unmistakable and refreshing hiss-pah of a cold and pressured aerosol can followed by a mouth-watering tschhh as whip cream sputtered onto someone's muffling tongue.

She had to have some. Locating the group of boys at the end of the long table, Briar breathed out slowly at her own gluttony, preparing mentally for the acceptance of hell as she pushed herself back and twisted her legs over the bench. Apparently she forgot how unforgiving hell could be as a purple form rushed the group first and stole something out from their hands. The crinkle of a newspaper gave Briar hope.

"
NOPE."

"
Ice, What the Hell? Give the paper back to me"

"
Matty, trust me on this. You don't want to read it"

The boy, Matty, took a breath into his blue body - not that it changed the coloring of his aura, 'cause the aura didn't need air and she didn't think he was asphyxiating - but he was interrupted by the crumpling of newspaper once more.

One of his friends threw the offending wad across the hall then laid his head in his arms. "I'm scarred for life!" he cried. Grumbling continued to emit from the green pile of wizard strewn across the top of the table, incomprehensible commentary regarding his future and perverts making Briar's eyes widen slightly as a small blush crept up her cheeks. Well, it seemed like she needed to change the subject as much for herself as for the others at the table, now.

Clearing her throat, the girl leaned in to the remaining friend who was laughing himself into oblivion between the reactions of his companions. "
Excuse me, could you pass the whip cream?"

He sobered up quickly. Too quickly. "
I think one Jayden Everdragomir might be better equipped to do so, but then again, you might not be his type."

Briar was immediately lost by this reference, a memory returning to redden her cheeks of the half-vampire in question as he entertained one Kiyoko Oshiro in the courtyard a couple days prior. How could this boy possibly know about that? His laughter gave nothing away as he shoved a cold, metal can against her forearm and she moved to take the holy grail of muggle snacking inventions. Before she could leave, the sound of newspaper against skull stole her attention once more and Briar watched as the purple girl made her way to a seat near Briar's abandoned fruit bowl. She followed the aggressive witch out of sheer convenience of avoiding any more interaction with the young men, and decided it would be awkward if she avoided it with this person, too.

"
Hi," she said. Yeah, not awkward at all. "Uh, it's Alice, right? You, um, racing your toad again this year?"

With that reminder of the days unfolding events, Briar squeezed the plastic topper so that sweet succulence started pouring over her bowl of fruit. Her cat would never be caught dead in a competition - Jinx knew everything in the race was beneath her and preferred patrolling the empty castle on Fields' Day. Which meant Briar had one less activity to participate in. Muggle sports were even less and option than the magical ones for someone like her. Great. This conversation would die quickly.
[/fieldbox]
2iu6xd2.jpg

Characters Mentioned:
Alice Bishop (@Hyanna)
NPCs (same)
Jayden Everdragomir (@Wicked)
Kiyoko Oshiro (@Namora)

etienne%20black.jpg

[Hogwarts Kitchens > Muggle sports]
Face resting on the table, Etienne hugged the wood around him with a scowl. He didn't want to leave the kitchens, but he had already downed a couple of sizable plates and had no real reason to postpone the inevitable except his desire to transfigure into the tiniest of animals and scramble back to the dorms and into his bed, under the covers, and hide for the rest of the day. Except he couldn't. Even if he somehow had possessed the ability to do so, Etienne was much too responsible to allow himself such behavior, not to mention that very act would be a thorough running away and his stubborn side prevented him from falling to such cowardly lows.

"C'mon Etienne... let go of the table," he told himself even as his fingers gripped the edges more strongly. The Quidditch pitch was out; there were enough rumors about that for him to go fuel them. Carrot wouldn't possibly do the race and the little nugget was missing since he woke up to ensure that. Broomstick tag-team? Like anybody would want him in their team... Muggle sports? He already had it bad enough being a half-breed and going to embrace muggles wasn't going to make him look better in his brother's eyes. That left the scavenger hunt, which Etienne would not have objected to if he hadn't known for a fact that Ethan was going to participate. Etienne didn't want to ruin his fun...

Suddenly, he felt a sharp poke on the side of his torso, but he could only whimper. "Young Stark! You will miss all the fun Young Stark! The Field day!" It was the very high pitched voice of a kitchen elf, jam-packed with excitement.

"I'm just... digesting. I'll be on my way soon," he replied, his arms slowly relaxing away from the table in an almost defeated manner.

"Yes! Young Stark MUST participate! Mitzy remembers Theodore Stark! He wa-"

"I'm not at all like my grandfather. My voice might fool you Mitzy, but I'm not as... cool... as him."

Mitzy's ears flopped down and her big bug eyes filled with distress. Etienne sighed and stood up, "maybe I'll never be that cool but at least I'll give it a try," he said trying to cheering the kitchen elf more than he was pretending to cheer on himself.

He walked over to the exit, but lingered as he watched Mitzy return to her job. In slow motion, the half-giant boy opened the door and headed outside, careful to avoid as many people as possible. And so, it came as such a surprise when in his efforts to be stealthy, someone crashed into him.

"Woah! You're tall! Say what's your name? Do you like sports? I bet you do I mean you're totally fit! But woah, I'm not creeping on you or anything it's just I'm going to play volleyball, I kind of miss it a lot. I used to play it with my older sisters back home. They were really good, but I ended up coming to Hogwarts and volleyball isn't exactly a wizardly thing is it? Um, shoot you're really tall! I bet your parents are like gi- OH HEY! Have you decided what you're going to do for the field day? Cause if you haven't you should come play volleyball with me! It's really fun once you get to learn the rules and it's actually not that difficult it's pretty simple. I mean, you're hella tall so like, all you gotta do is stand right in the middle, close to the net and when the ball's coming over you just wave your hands in front of it! Piece of cake for you. I can teach you, I mean I'm not that tall but I know the positions well and you'd be a perfect middle blocker!"

Etienne had no clue what the kid was talking about, but he found it extremely refreshing not to be recognized. The boy kept on talking and the half-giant kept on nodding and following the boy up until he realized where they were headed. That volleyball thing? It was a muggle sport!

"Um, listen I'm not so sure about thi-"

"OH LOOK! That's my friend right there! GUYS" he waved eagerly, "I FOUND OUR PERFECT MIDDLE BLOCKER!!"

Etienne's heart sank.​

Last edited:
InzKUpy.jpg

Alistair was already a few feet up in the air when he realized he had forgotten something vitally important. Slowing to a standstill, he released his grip on the broom--slowly, so as not to lose his balance--and began drawing his hair back. Good thing he always had the sense to wear an elastic band around his wrist, otherwise, he'd have had to play Quidditch with his hair flying all around him, which would have been a huge pain. After all, he was determined: the fact that he was now tying his hair up was proof of his resolve. If he was going to participate in this event, he might as well do it properly and show all these amateurs that Quidditch isn't just some game that anyone can play. He was going to give these kids hell. Serves them right for thinking they could just step into the pitch and play along with the big guys. No, this was his game. This was his field. He wasn't about to let anyone spoil his favorite sport.

It was while he was thinking this and absentmindedly tying his hair that he barely caught sight of his brother in the distance, amidst a crowd of people. It seemed that Zed was shouting something. Alistair could hardly hear him in this distance, but it didn't take a genius to figure out what he was saying. Rolling his eyes and quickly securing his hair into a tight ponytail, Alistair nudged his broom and swooped down to Zed's level. He did it so quickly that he caught Zed drawing out the "i" in his name, something that he absolutely loathed. "Will you stop calling me that?" Alistair hissed. "And next time, use the sonorus charm so that I can actually hear you from across the field, nitwit." He faced his brother sideways, halting but still hovering, his feet barely touching the ground.​

"Where's your broomstick?" Alistair asked before his eyes fell onto the furball behind Zed. "Don't tell me you're entering the race with that wretched cat of yours... again." He groaned with a disgusted wrinkle of his nose. Tail raised, Czeslaw hissed at him as though he understood every word, but Alistair simply scowled back at the yellow-eyed feline, unfazed. He hated cats, and cats hated him. It was a mutual understanding. For some reason though, his twin absolutely adored cats, so much so that he would enter the pet race with Czeslaw every single year, not that they ever actually win. Alistair wouldn't be caught dead participating in such a dreadful event. Who cared about a bunch of animals running around in a forest anyway? It was stupid and utterly pointless. Besides, Hagrid was hosting it. No way in hell was he going near that half-giant goon and his monstrous pets. Really, there were times when Alistair just couldn't understand Zed at all, even though they were twins.
Characters interacted with/mentioned:
Zedekiah Blackbourne - @darkflames13

Status
Not open for further replies.