• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nsdnm0YlKo1rrfopko1_500.jpg

The Hospital Wing

The odd group that gathered to meet the Weasel had made themselves comfortable and all sat around their classmates bed as if he were a storyteller. However, Felix was the one who was actually telling a story. He explained the events of the night prior in all it's splendor with large hand movements and excitement. It seemed that anything the tall student said would be an adventure, even if it was just carrying the mangled carcass of a journalist to the hospital wing in the late hours. Charlotte couldn't help the tugging at the sides of her mouth as she listened and watched the eccentric student. He would make an amazing storyteller.

The Weasel seemed amused by the story as well, in his own twisted way. She turned to see how Adam was reacting, as she often just liked to watch people (one of her favorite past times), however he spoke up just as her maroon eyes fell on him. "Right. I was worried you'd be hurt worse." Another smile crept onto Charlotte's small mouth. She really enjoyed her Hufflepuff classmate. His presence was almost as unimposing as hers but he still didn't let himself get forgotten. He had been so nervous when he had first entered, but it was interesting how he'd opened up a bit. She blended into the background as she watched the scene unfold like a spectator.

"D'awwww!" The Weasel gushed, holding his arms wide towards the smaller boy. "I want to hug you!" Charlotte looked to Adam, with a small smile, wanting to read his reaction. The Weasel continued to beckon, "C'mere, give uncle Scriven a hug, potato!" Although the picture of small innocent Adam giving the devilish Slytherin a hug was very humorous, Charlotte had to feel for the poor student as he was pressured into awkward body contact with the Weasel. She outstretched a gloved hand in front of Adam and gave him a calm smile before directing it towards Scriven.

"I heard that your performance last night was smashing." She said with an ever so slight tilt of her head. "It truly is the talk of the school, congratulations."

@WishfulNemo > Garaile Scriven
@Nougat > Adam Harrison
@Ritual Lobotomy > Felix Bell

tumblr_ng6z8uX8891rrfopko1_500.jpg

[glow=white]|Great Hall|[/glow]

Lucas put his elbows on the table and rested his chin on his hands which he'd brought up to level, looking away from Anice. He sank into deep thought, though he stayed somewhat present so he'd notice if his fellow prefect had something to say. Now then, he guessed earlier that it had something to do with the party and Sabrina, but he never really thought out how she did it. He could understand her concerns about people leaking info about it, but there was no way she could pin-point who talked and who didn't. You'd get paranoid in the end, at least he himself would. Thinking about it that way made it hard to believe that it had anything to do with Sabrina or last night at all, even if it seemed likely. But then who could it be? Sure as hell couldn't be Felix, he was a pranker, but unlike Luke it was very unlikely that Bell would stoop so low. He had some sort of... dignity behind his pranks in some weird way. Luke sighed, Crissy? He let out a small laugh to himself, while she certainly seemed like a good candidate, she had an image to uphold. No way she'd do anything like that.

Wait. Crissy? Contract? Curse? Perhaps the invitation letter had some sort of curse that triggered? But would that even work without anyone writing down their names on it? He lowered his arms and picked up a spoon, twirling it around between his fingers. Still, it was... plausible. He turned his gaze back to Anice, his face still expressing focus. He could probably ask her, considering her way of talking about this issue made him ponder if she knew more about this than she was letting on. Then again, asking was boring, Lucas would much rather figure out this whole thing himself. But their positions were in danger, they had no time to lose. So he opened his mouth to speak, but Ms. Sweet Tooth beat him to it. "Okay. I'm gonna tell you some really important stuff behind the pranks but you have to promise you won't tell anyone. We're the only ones who'll know this and after I've told you, it is extremely important that neither of us tell a soul." She told him in a very quiet voice, to which he nodded and smiled internally, it seemed like he was correct about something at least. "These pranks aren't pranks. It's how the party is getting covered up. Whenever someone talks about the party in front of authority, they begin to spew slugs. This 'prankster' is.." The party, right. And then the alleged prankster then being... "Sabrina Gallagher..But no one can know that or else everything about the party will come out and we could lose our positions.." He nodded in agreement. It made him sort of giddy that he was able to figure that out, but he supposed it wasn't that hard when you knew about the party... and how cunning Sabrina could be. "We have to make sure that no one else knows it's about the party. This is just a regular everyday prankster that needs to be brought to justice." Lucas let out a small sigh. That was going to be a tough one, the amount of slug victims were probably rising by the minute. He found himself amazed once again how gossipy people could be, were secrets so damn hard to keep? The Slytherin girl smiled and took a donut from a platter, taking a bite out of it.

"We also have to make sure no one finds out who the true prankster is... What we should do, is bring all the prefects together, and explain the situation the way it is. There's a prankster on the loose and we need to find them. Then when everyone comes up empty handed, we just leave it at that. No harm done." Lucas smiled a bit crookedly to this idea, unsure whether it would work so well. These "pranks" would continue until people learned how to shut up about last night, if they came in empty handed it'd seem suspicious or at the very least they'd lose some loyalty points with the professors. Then again if they DID bring in a "prankster" the slug-vomiting wouldn't stop either, which would lead to them being relieved of their duties for being incompetent. At least that's the way Lucas saw it. So the blue-haired boy shook his head. "I don't think it will be that easy. I'm sure McGonagall will want us to find the culprit. But even if we do bring someone in the 'pranks' will continue. Check-mate, game over for us. No, we need some way to keep them thinking it's a prankster and not become suspicious about other things. And as you said, restrict people from chatting about last night." He spoke in a hushed tone to her, his frustration creeping over his face. But how in the whole world would they keep the students quiet about the whole thing? Lucas didn't believe that simply telling them would solve anything and taking points away for something that small would probably make them more prone to the act. "We'll gather the Prefects, somewhere where we can't be disturbed. They can search for the prankster, we need to solve this some other way." He said and frowned. As he looked at her he realized that she seemed to be feeling an awful lot better than he was, hadn't she eaten just as many of those bears as he had? No, that was wrong. She had eaten a whole lot more of them than he had. Yet she didn't even seem to be feeling ill at all. He gave her a rather irritated expression "You're looking awfully well today despite yesterday. Yet here I am feeling like shit, how is that?" He asked his fellow prefect with an annoyed tone, albeit a bit quieter than he normally would.

fky72e.jpg

♥ Right Outside Gryffindor Dorms - Staircase ♥
Somewhat to Maia's surprise, the girl actually began smiling and laughing a little, making her rethink her original assessment. Maybe that grimace earlier had been because she'd felt awkward, instead of just displeased by Maia's appearance. Anyone would've felt awkward, she supposed, stuck with someone they barely knew. She was just being oversensitive because of the events of the morning. Her genuine smile grew, even despite the remnant throbbings of her headache, though even that was, once again, subsiding. It was nice to see someone laugh because of her. Well, because of her roommate technically, condolences to Lissa.​

Even further to her surprise, however, the other girl followed up Maia's sighing statement with, "I can agree with that, my roommates are chasing me around the castle because I may or may not have accidentally set loose an army of crickets on them." It shocked Maia into silence, allowing her mysterious classmate to continue, "You went to the Halloween party last night, right?"

"Uhmm... Well yes, I did. How did you-" She was going to absent-mindedly ask how the girl had known, but the other statement was just a story waiting to be told, and she changed track without even really thinking about it. "What do you mean you may have accidentally set loose an army of crickets?!" She finished with a laugh. She began following the other girl down the stairs, quite forgetting her original destination, willing to follow the girl wherever she was going just to hear the story. It sounded interesting.

Characters interacted with:
Alice Bishop - @Hyanna

tumblr_ntxefuUMlK1rrfopko1_500.jpg

Great Hall

The Ravenclaw made a strange face at her plan before shaking his head. "I don't think it will be that easy. I'm sure McGonagall will want us to find the culprit. But even if we do bring someone in the 'pranks' will continue. Check-mate, game over for us. No, we need some way to keep them thinking it's a prankster and not become suspicious about other things. And as you said, restrict people from chatting about last night." Anice kept eating her donut, thinking about their situation. The Headmistress couldn't punish the prefects too severely if they were unable to unmask the culprit, could she? After all, they were 16 year old children, not certified investigators. And with the events of last night unknown to the teachers and faculty, the prankster could be anyone. Finishing up her meal, she locked her fingers and rested her chin on them. The letter said that the Headmistress wanted them to keep an eye out for suspicious activity, and to report to their head of house by the end of the day...

"We'll gather the Prefects, somewhere where we can't be disturbed. They can search for the prankster, we need to solve this some other way." Anice tapped a finger rhythmically, still immersed in her thoughts. She wondered how many people just thought that this was an ordinary prankster and how many had figured out that it had to do with the party or even further that Gallagher was behind it. It was very possible that they weren't the only ones who knew. There were many gifted students at Hogwarts who might have already solved the case. Which meant the same problem arose. They both agreed that gathering the prefects was something that would be necessary...The ones who knew the truth must be silenced, and the ones who didn't must be kept in the dark.

She wondered how long this hex would last as well. Would people be vomiting slugs until the end of the week? Maybe a month? How long until students would be able to talk about the party freely in front of authority? Though that was probably the least of her worries. The longer would be better. She threw her thoughts around when they were suddenly interrupted by Lucas's voice, sounding a bit irritated, "You're looking awfully well today despite yesterday. Yet here I am feeling like shit, how is that?"

Anice blinked at him and then made a small confused, "uh..." from the back of her throat. Right, Everdragomir had made that concoction to help both her and her roommate feel less...horrible. She wondered if that were something he'd be okay with her sharing, or if he was secretive about his brewing...She didn't see the harm in telling Lucas though. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and let out a small half-hearted laugh, "Oh, Everdragomir made some potion or mixture of sorts that helped negate the effects of the alcohol. So that's why I don't feel too bad, you should have seen me this morning though..." She said with another small laugh, before realizing how strangely comfortable she sounded. Clearing her throat, she began in her usual dutiful prefect tone, "Though that would be inappropriate." She said furrowing her brows at the table.

@Faust > Lucas Grey
@Wicked > Jayden Everdragomir
@Misaou > Sabrina Gallagher (I think? XD)

Hola39.png

(6th Floor staircase)

Alice watched as the girl tried to come up with a response. Obviously she had shocked her going by the "Uhmm... Well yes, I did. How did you-" that came out of her mouth. Holding back the wince that almost felt like second nature at this point, Alice hesitantly gave a her a knowing smile. The fact the girl was at the party yesterday confirmed the fact that she was hungover, almost dead on her feet. Alice wondered if maybe she should be kind enough to make Maia Alvey the hangover potion. It had been 3 months since she last had to make it, so she may be a little rusty, and may cause more harm than good in trying to help.

"What do you mean you may have accidentally set loose an army of crickets?!" Alvey said with a laugh. Alice let loose the breath she didn't even realize she had been holding in. The girl wasn't judging her and seemed truly intrigued with her morning adventures so far, seeing as how she was now following her down the stairs. Alice didn't have any destination in mind other than, get away from furious roommates, so she followed her feet hoping they would take her someplace safe.

Now, Alice thought, where to begin this sordid tale. Looking over at the girl she began to giggle, because it really was an accident, at least that's what she was going to say if anyone in authority asked. Since Alice had never really done anything to warrant any notice of the prefects or teachers, sitting in the back of the classroom doing her homework like a good Ravenclaw, with the exception of her clumsiness, they would be more inclined to think it was all an accident. The locked door however would be a little harder to explain, but hopefully she would have enough time to come up with a proper excuse, after all what use was her brain if it couldn't get her out of trouble.

"Well, my roommates aren't the nicest of people, but I had dealt with it for years so it wasn't that big of a deal anymore, you know?" Alice paused trying to find the words to say, to not make her sound like the bad guy here. "They were like two peas in a pod when they first met, and left me alone for the most part." The memories of all the taunting the girls would do when Alice was there came to mind. It was like they made it their own personal goals sometimes to just be awful to her because she would never fight back or say anything, even if most nights Alice did cry herself to sleep. Teenage girls aren't nice, and if her sister didn't cement that fact in her, those two sure did.

Alice shook off the feelings, it would do nobody any good to cry in front of a total stranger really. "Anyways, this morning I forgot to feed my pet toad her breakfast." Looking over at the girl she sighed, "Yes, I have a toad, she is sweet if but a little slimy." She smiled at the thought of Alberta, and thought maybe she should go back down to the lake and collect her warty friend. "So I went back to my room to grab the box of live crickets I keep for her. When I got to my room however, I overheard my roommates talking about me, making some gross accusations about my family and I" She swallowed her hate and disgust at this point. Alice was almost certain that she had an angry sneer on her face. Clearing her throat she began again. "So lets just say I wasn't kind when I confronted them. I didn't yell or do anything violent, I just said some things that probably made them feel like the terrible human beings that they are."

Giving a small, fake grin, Alice continued. "After I had my say, I slipped on the doorway with the box box of crickets in my hand. That box went flying through the air and landed on my one roommate's hair, spilling everywhere. I have an extension charm on the box, so there were a lot of crickets in there." She gave a slightly forced laugh. "The crickets soon overwhelmed them, but I didn't stick around long, wouldn't want them to think I did it on purpose or anything like that. I hid in the common room until they came out of the dorms looking like they were used as a Dragon's toothbrush." At this point she was smiling again, the reminder of how the two girls looked with their hair everywhere and blotched skin, felt like Karma to her. "When I finally went back upstairs the crime scene, it was horrendous, I felt so bad for the crickets, they didn't have a choice" Fake sniffling at this point Alice looked at her companion and in a very high pitched noise said. "They were so young, had so much to live for." Then started to fake sob in her hands. She knew she was laying it on a little thick, but she did feel bad for the crickets.

"I cleaned up the mess and vowed to never endanger the life of my crickets in the way that I had, ever again" Alice replied in a more normal tone. She didn't need to look over at the girl beside to know she was probably thinking she was insane, or an awful human being.

Holla.png

Characters Interacted with:
@firejay1 ~ Maia Alvey
Roommates ~ My NPC's​

Last edited by a moderator:
[ ooc: Sorry 'bout that, I guess I missed a post. Hahaha =-=" ]

2w4iwjp.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent][[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Hogwarts Castle[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]; Gryffindor Common Room -- Great Hall[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]--[/BCOLOR]

Sethen Lockett woke with a light, throbbing headache and a small smile plastered to his face. He sat up, his shoulders stiff and aching, and as he looked around he gathered that he'd passed out on the couch. The boy stretched, groaned and rolled himself off the sofa, stumbling his way up the steps to his dormitory. His first stop was the washroom, and after he'd relieved himself he took a glimpse in the mirror hanging above the sink. There were pale shadows under his eyes, indicating only a slight lack of sleep. His bone white locks were ruffled, the magicked colour had faded leaving streaky black, white and dull grey hair. Sethen's pinstriped suit was wrinkled, and overall his appearance was dishevelled. The boy smirked at his gaunt appearance, before throwing water on his face before heading into the room to change.

He dressed himself in a crimson v-neck shirt, dark blue jeans and some converse sneakers and proceeded down for food. The boy didn't bother trying to stifle his yawn as he strolled down toward the Great Hall for a light breakfast. On his way down, the Lockett boy couldn't help but notice the familiar scenery, the halls he'd walked the night before, laughing, teasing, joking, with Stella and her dynamic haircut by his side. Looking back on it made him smile. Honestly he hadn't realize just how much he'd missed her, nor had he known how badly he'd wanted to talk with her, actually talk, face to face, a discussion, not just wolf-ish responses to her stories or comments. It felt good, it felt in indescribably good to have a friend who was real, not just a shade that would stand by him when the full moon hung overhead and disappear the next morning. A real friend who knew all that he was, yet still accepted, and liked him even.

As he travelled down the many sets of stairs, eyes lingered on him, and he acknowledged them with a smile or a wink. The Great Hall was quiet, something he noted upon walking in. He headed directly for his house' table, eyeing the food as he approached. There were clusters of familiar faces, but Sethen had never been the type to eavesdrop -- at least not so early in the morning, and so none the blathering of Gryffindors all around failed to catch his attention so the noy he sauntered over and sat himself beside some other boy who was lying on his facemm. Without bothering to spin himself around to face the table. He rested his elbows on the hard wooden surface and picked up a piece of buttered toast.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Characters Mentioned -[/BCOLOR]

@firejay1 - Stella Prince

JGJnH7l.png

[glow=purple]
star_blue.png
Hogwarts :: Quidditch Pitch
star_blue.png
[/glow]

Madison raised an eyebrow when she caught Alistair's cold glare in her direction. Placing her hand on her hip, wearing a grim smile and shaking her head. She had known the twins for a long time but at some point she had grown distant with Alistair and she didn't know why. It was kind of sad, she enjoyed hanging out with her friends but apparently she had done something to ruin that. She wasn't sure what, Alistair never exactly told her, but what can you do. Since she had been made she decided to stop hiding and made her way over to the group.

"We're engaged," Alistair said, now addressing Melinda. Madison almost tripped over her own feet when she heard. Wait. What? The dwarf was engaged? Her dwarf is engaged?! To Alistair Blackbourne of all people?! "That letter should discuss the details surrounding the engagement, assuming it came from your family of course." A couple of owls had swooped down earlier, but they had delivered letters to both Zed and Mel. So that couldn't be about the engagement, right? At first she was just as shocked as Melinda but suddenly the whole situation became comical. Welcome to the club Melinda. Madison knew about being forced into an arranged marriage. The whole issue with Seth's brother then being engaged to Seth. She totally understood.

Going over to stand beside Zed she grinned before smacking him hard on the back. "Who's idea was it to tell Mel Mel huh? Yours?" She laughed, typical. Zed could never resist teasing Melinda. Ruffling his hair, she laughed, "You would think you would learn by now huh?" She said before pulling out her wand and pointing about him muttering finite1​. "There, better?"

"So, what is our reasoning going to be?" Mel spoke up to Alistair. "You can think of a plausible excuse to blow this engagement off, I will join you after this letter," Shaking her head she smiled at her friend. Did she honestly think her family would actually allow her to call off the engagement? Madison herself had tried it and it never worked. But who knows, Melinda's family was much more different than hers. Who knows, if it could work for her then power to her. "Okay, let's fix this," she mumbled as she pinched the bridge of her nose. "Please tell me you have an idea ready, I have more things to do today,"

Then there was a loud noise that distracted Madi from the conversations going on around her. She turned in the direction of where the noise came from. "Morning." her half-giant beater. He was so shy, but he was so good at his position. Smiling and waving in his direction. "Hey, you come to put in a couple minutes into some practice?" He looked nervous, which she would say was out of the ordinary, but it wasn't. "Of course you don't have to. The only one that has to is the dwarf over here" she said nodding in Melinda's direction.

"And oh I don't know Mel, you two would look adorable together. Don't you think Zed?" She asked with a teasing tone, playfully nudging Zed in the arm. "But you're right, you do have things to do today," She added narrowing her eyes at Melinda. They had wasted enough time and Madi needed to get Melinda ready. She had wasted enough time with her own distraction earlier. She needed to be focused and she wanted her friend to be ready and not make a complete fool of herself while on the field.
ooc: Finite1 ​:: General spell that nullifies the effect of other spells
Characters Mentioned:

@WishfulNemo > Melinda Geralds & August Yilmaz(not by name)

@Namora > Sethen Lockett

@Dredd > Alistair Blackbourne

@darkflames13 > Zedekiah Blackbourne

@Mglo > Etienne Stark

29w2t53.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent][[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Hogwarts Castle[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]; Middle Courtyard[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]][/BCOLOR]

The Everdragomir boy caught her with more grace than one might think he could muster, and in a single fluid movement wrapped him in his arms.
"Yes, my damsel in distress. It would be my pleasure," The boy replied in a sarcastic and impish tone that made her smile. He wrapped his arms around her and drew her close. The warmth was a welcome relief. "No, seriously, it would be."
She chuckled and a light fluster rushed to her cheeks. She closed her eyes as her head rested against her chest, a small grin on her lips. As of late, Kiyoko had noticed that since she'd grown close to Jay her tendency to blush had gone down considerably, his tendency to throw flirtatious commentary was what she had to thank for that.

Though she was steadily becoming more and more desensitized she couldn't see her being anywhere near as 'smooth' as Jay could be without some sort of embarrassed reaction.
"You feel so nice and cold." Jay moaned and let his forehead drop against her shoulder, and his hands searched for hers and without warning pushing them under his sweater flat against his skin. He seized her hands and drew them under his sweater.

This was followed with a pleased hum. It reminded her of Mahouko purring as she scratched him behind the ears. He pulled himself away, lifting his head to meet her green eyes, their noses nearly touched.
"You know, if you're cold, we could just go inside," She glanced up at the sky with an expression that made look like she was thinking. Honestly that sounded nice, but all she really cared about right then was being near him. As he eyes were skyward, the boy's voice picked up again, "I know several different ways to warm you up."
He added in a teasing tone. Her eyes snapped back to him and she raised an eyebrow, tried to stifle her shy smile and bit her lip. Her face was flushed from both the cold and his comment, and she tilted her eyes away again and chuckled lightly.

The girl leaned toward him slightly.
"Do elaborate," She taunted in a silky tone as her lips brushed his with the intensity of feather fluttering down. Beneath his shirt her fingertips travelled up to his collarbone and shoulder, and she rested her cool palms against him. Kiyoko drew herself as close as she could and, ever so gently, planted a kiss on his lips. Her eyelids fluttered closed for a moment as she enjoyed the sensation. It felt like it had been an eternity, and as small rush of electricity travelled from her lips to the tips of her digits, her fingers twitched against his skin. She pulled back only slightly, a kind smile on her lips and soft eyes on him, "I'm all ears"

[BCOLOR=transparent]Characters Mentioned -[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]@Wicked - Jayden Everdragomir[/BCOLOR]​

*quietly screams*
1jFXS.png

Hospital Wing﴿
"D'awwww!" The other boy threw open his arms. "I want to hug you!" Too late. Around the time when Garaile moved, and it was quite clear what he wanted to do, Adam had already moved back. This was not meant to offend him, of course. Adam just really didn't want a hug from the Slytherin, or most people who he didn't speak to that much in the first place.

"I think I'm fine without one," he said sheepishly, reaching up to brush his hair from his face. He really wasn't too big on hugs at all, unfortunately. There really wasn't too much appealing about getting closer to someone he didn't really speak to very often, only to awkwardly touch each other for a few moments. Besides, in what sense was he deserving of a hug? It was Felix who'd taken Garaile all the way to the hospital wing. If anything, he ought to be the one who was hugged. Or at least given a good pat on the back.

"C'mere, give Uncle Scriven a hug, potato!" The insistent words of the Slytherin were paired with him actually starting to reach out to Adam. If it didn't just feel incredibly rude to keep trying to escape, Adam probably would have taken a few more steps back. But doesn't it just feel mean to keep saying no to someone who was injured the night before? There were so many moments where Adam was at a complete loss on what to do, and this was, unexpectedly, one of them. He probably would have ended up just hugging Garaile, since it really shouldn't be that big of a deal, and him blowing things out of proportion really wasn't a good thing. But then, suddenly, there was a gloved hand in front of him. Adam looked over to Charlotte with nothing short of gratitude in his eyes as she smiled at him, before she turned back to speak to Garaile.

"I heard that your performance last night was smashing. It truly is the talk of the school, congratulations." What a hero she was, bringing the attention onto her. Adam could almost hug her.​

tumblr_ntmj0zEWE01ucie7qo1_500.jpg

Great Hall>> Outside of the Great Hall

Stella gave a short snort of laughter, her mood clearly not taking a toll at knowing that her friend might be throwing up slugs. Ryan was hurt, he was very hurt. "What are you talking about? Why would you be vomiting slugs, Rye?" Ah, so Stella hadn't seen anyone with slugs mysteriously coming out of their mouth. Neither had Ryan. Wouldn't it be an awful lot harder to figure things out when he didn't even know the victims? You'd think McGonagall would have compiled a nice list for them or something, he was sure the Headmistress would know which poor people had been the chosen victims of the prankster.

"Being a prefect has its drawbacks," was Ryan's answer to her question, a casual shrug to go with it. As if looking for a serial hexer was something he expected to be doing with his day. The Slytherin completely expected something like this to happen sometimes, a major issue with having a school full of magical teens, but did it really have to be today? The culprit should really be worrying about getting a taste of their own medicine if Ryan caught them.

Stella, for one, seemed merry enough at the prospect, leaning towards Ryan as she joked, "Do you have your camera with you? Maybe I could snap a commemorative photo for you." Right, this seemed like a good thing to commemorate. Ryan could frame it and put it on his desk, his roommates would adore it. It sounded amusing.

"I actually don't have it on me at the moment," Ryan said, holding his hands up as it to show her the lack of cameras that were in them. As though him not having a camera right then weren't obvious enough without him doing so. "Could always grab it though, it seems like a very detective-like to have my camera to take pictures of clues, doesn't it?" Nevermind the fact that taking pictures would mean extra time spent developing them. It wasn't as though McGonagall had really specified when Ryan had to report to the head of house. In theory, Ryan could pay a visit to his professor at 11:59pm. Besides, there was just something very appealing in making a detective game out of things. "And, of course, if I happen to suddenly start throwing up slugs, feel free to take a photo for me. I think I'd be a bit too preoccupied to take one myself." Yes, he was going to answer Stella somewhat seriously. With some reminder of last night still thudding in the back of his head, joking around felt like much unneeded effort, and Ryan wasn't a big fan of doing more than necessary.​

ooc: gmodded at the part with zed's letter, but I got darkflames13's permission for that.

ZY15E9P.png

Melinda did not seem all too pleased about the news. The moment the words 'We're engaged,' left Alistair's mouth, the girl's glare seemed only to have deepened. The Slytherin male did not give it much thought, however. It was important to give her the benefit of the doubt. She was his fiancé, after all.

He was just telling her about the letter that contained the details of their engagement when, as if on cue, another owl swooped by and dropped yet another package for Melinda. Alistair found himself raising his brows, curious mercurial eyes affixed on the letter that had just arrived. It was sealed with the school emblem. The first thing that came to mind was that the school had somehow caught wind of the engagement between the two pure-bloods, but the Slytherin male found it highly unlikely that Hogwarts would involve itself in the private affairs of their students. Melinda raised a brow at him as well, a suspicious gleam in her eyes that indicated she was probably thinking the same thing as he was, but the boy said nothing. Instead, he turned to look at his brother, and only then did he notice that Zed had in his possession a package that resembled Melinda's. Curious to know its contents, Alistair slowly inched towards his twin.

'What's that about?' He asked Zed while Melinda was busy opening one of the packages. Vaguely he could hear the small girl make some sort of threat, but at the moment he was too preoccupied with the piece of parchment in his twin brother's hands to take much notice. Luckily, Madi had chosen that precise moment to talk to Zed. Alistair took this golden opportunity to snag the letter from his brother's hands and read it. Thankfully, his dimwit twin was as dull-witted as ever, and Alistair managed to read the first few words however difficult the scrawl was to understand: 'Dear Prefects, this letter has been sent to each Prefect of each respectful House. Today, we have noted that we seem to have a serial hexer—'

Before Alistair could read the rest of the passage, he heard Melinda say something that caused him to revert his attention back to their little group. 'It can't be,' the girl mumbled, her voice lined with disbelief as her eyes repeatedly darted across the message she had in her hand. Alistair folded his arms, nearly crumpling Zed's letter in the process. The first traces of irritability showed on his face. What the hell was this midget so unhappy about? Their engagement was supposed to be fantastic news! They ought to be celebrating, if anything.

Once the message had finally sunk in, the girl folded the paper in half and gave Alistair another stern look. 'So what is our reasoning going to be?' She asked dryly. 'You can think of a plausible excuse to blow this engagement off, I will join you after this letter.' And with that, she proceeded to read the second letter from Hogwarts—the one that had something to do with a serial hexer, as Alistair now knew. He waited for the girl to finish reading the announcement before responding. Besides, he was too angry and humiliated at the moment to think of a reply, and the fact that there was a traitor in their midst did nothing to mitigate his irritable mood. He did not want to blow up, not now, and certainly not in front of his very own fiancé. He would try to save face as much as his tolerance would permit it.

Melinda groaned and threw her hands up in frustration once she was done reading the letter, evidently stressed out for reasons Alistair knew not. Pinching her nose, she turned her attention back to the Slytherin male and continued, 'Okay, let's fix this. Please tell me you have an idea ready, I have more things to do today.'

Alistair was just about to give her a piece of his mind when the half-giant, Etienne Stark, whose presence he had not been aware of until the latter's sudden outburst of coughs, spoke up. 'Morning,' he said, obviously unaware of the rising tension bubbling inside of the Slytherin male. Madison started striking up a conversation with the giant before Alistair could react, making him even more frustrated than he already was. The boy was so angry he could almost hear his blood boiling in his ears, and in effect he could only catch snippets of the conversation that went on between Madi and Etienne. Alistair clenched his fists in an effort to calm himself down, but the next thing Madi said made him lose his self-control.

'And oh I don't know Mel, you two would look adorable together.' Madi had teasingly told them, 'Don't you think Zed?' Annoyed that everyone was treating the matter so lightly, Alistair snapped.

'Both of you, piss off,' Alistair spat at Stark and Madison, unable to withhold his frustrations any longer. It was a wonder how he was able to resist hexing the two of them right on the spot. The Slytherin male then gave Melinda a fierce scowl, grey eyes ablaze and jaw clenched in anger. 'Blow the engagement off? More things to do?' Alistair echoed, his voice steadily rising with each word. 'I'm not about to deny my family this wonderful honour, are you?' He asked, his eyes widening at the last words for effect.
Characters Mentioned/Interacted With:
Melinda Geralds (@WishfulNemo)
Zedekiah Blackbourne (@darkflames13)
Etienne Stark (@Mglo)
Madison van Reeden (@Misaou)

bannerfans_16025111 (1).jpg
♥ 6th Floor Staircase - 6th Floor ♥
The two of them traveled in silence down a couple steps before the girl turned to look at her and gave a nervous giggle. What was up with her? Maia tilted her head to one side in a curious manner, waiting as patiently as she could. Finally, she began. It didn't start out well. "Well, my roommates aren't the nicest of people, but I had dealt with it for years so it wasn't that big of a deal anymore, you know?" That was... a rather odd way to begin. Maia had to wonder why she was saying that. Perhaps the cricket incident hadn't been so accidental, after all. Is that what she was trying to say? Her eyebrows drew together in slight confusion, wondering where this was going. "They were like two peas in a pod when they first met, and left me alone for the most part." She still didn't quite understand why she was starting off with this, but the little Ravenclaw could definitely understand the feeling. Her roommates weren't the worst in the world, but they certainly had taken a greater liking to each other than to her when they'd all first met. Maia had been quite disappointed when she'd first met them. She'd been so excited, finally ready to get out into the world and make friends who weren't all cowed by the shadow of the matron, but the more she'd tried to befriend them, the more displeased they'd become, and she'd eventually given up. They'd been the ones who had taught her that not everyone wanted to be friends with you, but you could still be friends with them!

"Anyways," the girl continued, moving on from her musings to get to the heart of the story, "this morning I forgot to feed my pet toad her breakfast."

Maia blinked in surprise. "You have a toad?" She knew that Hogwarts students were allowed to bring a variety of pets, the most notable of which were toads, cats, and owls, but toads had gone out of fashion years ago, as far as she'd heard, and she hadn't met many who actually had them. They seemed rather unpleasant. Then again, who was she to judge? She had a spider.

"Yes, I have a toad." The storyteller confirmed with a sigh, as if she got this sort of question a lot and was tired of it. "She is sweet, if a little slimy." Yet another surprise. Upon hearing that the pet was a toad, Maia had automatically assumed it was a male one. It was a silly assumption to make, in hindsight, and she gave a brief laugh at her own nonsense. "So I went back into my room to grab the box of live crickets I keep for her." Ah, in come the crickets. Maia smiled, ready and waiting for the story. "When I got to the room however, I heard my roommates talking about me, making some gross accusations about my family and I." It was looking less and less like an accident, the more the girl talked. Family was a big thing for most people. It was one of those things she'd learned after starting to talk to people outside the orphanage. Never insult someone else's family.

"So let's just say I wasn't kind when I confronted them." To be expected. "I didn't yell or do anything violent, I just said some things that probably made them feel like the terrible human beings that they are." The hatred practically rolling off the girl was almost making her uncomfortable. You know what they said, sticks and stones may break your bones, but words... wait no, that wasn't the right expression. "After I had my say, I slipped on the doorway" how does one randomly slip on a doorway? "with the box of crickets in my hand. That box went flying through the air and landed on my roommate's hair, spilling everywhere." She couldn't help it. Maia laughed. The image was just so funny, crickets hopping everywhere, her roommates going crazy. It wasn't a particularly harmful thing to do, either, mostly just funny. "I have an extension charm on the box, so there were a lot of crickets in there." Ah, that explained the description of them as an army. "The crickets soon overwhelmed them, but I didn't stick around long, wouldn't want them to think I did it on purpose or anything like that. I hid in the common room until they came out of the dorms looking like they were used as a Dragon's toothbrush." Maia was full on laughing now. She could imagine them right now, though she didn't know who this girl's roommates were. From her descriptions of them she mainly imagined two very angry brunettes, their hair poofed up in a tangled manner, make-up smeared, screaming bloody murder. Revenge or not, that had to have been funny to witness.

Maia couldn't say if she thought the girl had done the right thing. To be fair, it really could have been an accident, though if that was the case, she would honestly suggest that the girl not go into quite so much detail to an authority figure, because that description made it sound quite intentional indeed. If it wasn't an accident though, was it right to fight back in that way? Spiting people with your words, then humiliating them. She herself would never do any such thing. A tiny sense of pride that blossomed in her chest at the thought that she'd certainly never done any such thing to Mary-Jane was quickly punctured by the reality that she'd never retaliated because she was scared witless by witch. At least this girl had the guts to act. In any case, it felt like such a childish kind of retaliation, throwing a box of near-endless crickets on your enemy's heads. Then again, if all conflicts were solved this way, the world would be such a peaceful place. ~Aaand the winner is decided by the one with the most powerful crickets!~

She was still giggling as the other girl continued her story, also smiling slightly. "When I finally went back upstairs to the crime scene, it was horrendous," for a brief moment, Maia thought she was talking about what she'd done to her roommates, but she quickly cured her of that notion, "I felt so bad for the crickets, they didn't have a choice. They were so young, had so much to live for." A distinctly fake sob had Maia's cheeks turning red with laughter. "I cleaned up the mess and vowed to never endanger the lives of my crickets in the way that I had ever again." She finished.

Of course, this lovely eulogy to the brave army of crickets had to be put into perspective. "Then what about your poor toad?" Maia choked out the rhetorical question between her laughs, knowing she wasn't being totally clear about what she was trying to say. She struggled to find some extra words to supplement, but she couldn't stop laughing at the image that relentlessly popped into her head of that room in disarray. The laughter made her feel good. It felt like it was cleaning her blood of the remnants of the bad mood she'd been in. She hopped off of the end of the staircase bouncily, continuing to walk without a particular destination in mind. "And what will happen to you when you get back tonight?" Even if the girl ran now, the victims-come-potential-perpetrators were her roommates. They had a curfew, and she was stuck with them for the next year or so. If they'd shunned her before, it could only get worse, couldn't it? The girl had to have some kind of a plan in place.

Alice Bishop - @Hyanna

Reactions: Nemopedia
6yhdg1.jpg

[Hogwarts; Quidditch Pitch]

To her great displeasure Madison just had to ruin her only pleasure of today by releasing Zedekiah from his spell. Of course she knew that her friend meant well, she always did, but couldn't Madi see that his silence did Melinda good? Feeling the pounding headache of earlier return Melinda rubbed her temples with a deep sigh.

No, how could she forget. Madison was out there to get on her nerves together with Zed there, because apparently it was so much fun to see the short girl explode. Perhaps, if Melinda surprised them by controlling her temper for once that they would cease their taunts. However, she knew that it was only wishful thinking.

To make matters worse a familiar voice popped up from the bleachers as well. A few muffled coughs and the shifting of a body that had been trying to hide away from their attention. Melinda flinched a little at the thought that someone may have listened into the conversation, her eyes flaring up to see who this intruder was. At this rate the whole school would have heard about it before she could even stop the whole engagement.

"Morning." A certain half-giant emerged, making Melinda raise her brow as she wondered how someone as huge as he was could find a hiding place there. It was of no matter however, as her face involuntarily flushed up into a blush. She had no idea why her body was reacting like this, but she got a wee feeling that it had to do with whatever had happened to her last night. The lingering warmth and pressure she had recalled earlier today ghosted over her lips. Puffing her cheeks up, Melinda straightened herself up, she was not to let herself down because of some half-breed.

Before she could throw a nasty comment at Etienne, Madison interrupted her again. Chatting away about Quidditch and guilt tripping her again for all of the trainings she had missed. Melinda just sighed at her, wondering how she was going to explain that with 'more things to do' she didn't include Quidditch. Something told her that it was better if she didn't made any attempt to it, but that meant that she still had to undergo training before she could deal with the rest of her growing list of problems.

However, when her friend decided to taunt her about her fresh engagement Melinda couldn't help but to glare again. If looks could kill dementors would have to drag her off the field right here and now. If Madison had listened carefully she would have known that Melinda was desperate to call this engagement off. She wisely held her tongue however, only engaging herself in a small war of who could narrow their eyes into a more menacing look. She didn't care about this Quidditch training, or the fact that Madi was the captain. She had things to do and Quidditch was the last thing on her list.

"Both of you, piss off," Alistair snapped, breaking Melinda's glare contest with Madison. "Thank you!" she exclaimed as she threw her hands up. Someone who told them off for once, though Melinda didn't realise that this comment was also thrown against Etienne, who was still being an awkward third-wheeler there. That halfbreed had a special talent for showing up at the worst possible moments.

Her fiancé's anger wasn't only reserved for Madison and Etienne it seemed. Soon he turned to her as well, his eyes widening up in a way that bothered Melinda a little, making her wonder if he was completely sane or not. Wonderful honour he called it. A wonderful honour. Feeling her breath hitch in her throat the Gryffindor was at first taken aback by his sudden outburst, not used to experience the Slytherin so overbearingly, but she soon recovered herself.

Flicking her chin up into the air Melinda made herself taller than she actually was, puffing her chest forward as to show that she wasn't impressed. "It would be a great dishonour to marry someone with hair longer than I'm tall!" she spat back at him. Not her greatest comeback, she knew, but at least it was something, right? Melinda wasn't about to give him the last and the highest word about this matter.

Huffing a little after her last exclamation the Gryffindor's eyes lit up a little as there was an idea that would set more power to her word. Reaching out towards Alistair with her hand Melinda gave a good pull at it, a smirk ghosting over her face in victory. That should teach him.

"Now excuse me as I continue my training, we have a match to beat you at, honourable one," Melinda hissed at him. A feeling of pride swelled up within her. Merlin, did that feel good to release all of that pent up frustration. She should do it more often. She definitely should.

Turning around sharply Melinda gave Madison a curt smile before she walked into the field again. "Now, what is our strategy, captain?" she asked, deciding that she had given these pests enough of her attention today. It was time to focus.

Characters mentioned/involved:
@darkflames13 – Zedekiah Blackbourne
@FieryCold – Alistair Blackbourne
@Misaou – Madison van Reeden
@Mglo – Etienne Stark

[fieldbox=Hogwarts; Entrance Hall -> Great Hall , yellowgreen, solid] Seeing the mixture of pain and confusion rise up in her eyes made August wonder what had happened to cause such an effect on her. Frowning a little the Ravenclaw felt a pang of hurt inside of his heart as she claimed to have no memory of being part of the orchestra. There was definitely a good explanation for this, but the Turk couldn't help but wonder if the orchestra had meant so little to her.

Admittedly, August had admired the female back in the day when she was still a violinist. As his senior and as a fellow musician he had always watched her play from afar. Though there had been little to no reason for him to approach her, or interact with her, he had always been aware of her presence in the orchestra. As such he could forgive her for not remembering his name, he probably didn't leave any great impression on her. However, to lose such a talent in their group was a shame.

"I'm sorry, in case we used to know each other. Obviously, you know me, but I can't recognize you at all. I'm not stupid, I swear. It's a long story, but-- basically, I'm suffering from amnesia."

And with that instantly all of his questions were answered. Why she left the orchestra, why she didn't remember ever being part of them, why she suddenly stopped coming... It relieved the foreigner a little, but the hurt remained as he was saddened over the fact that she had stopped playing because of a loss of memory.

Luckily Romeo beamed up again, speaking easily as he rambled on about the Frog orchestra. His optimistic attitude was a slightly contagious as the foreigner perked up a little as well. That she didn't remember didn't mean that she would never return playing the violin, right? He could still help. And while he left his friend, to continue his speech against the transfer, August turned towards the Hufflepuff, he still owed her an answer.

"Don't worry about it." He hid his disappointment well, covering it up with a small smile. He shouldn't burden her with his own selfish feelings and admiration, her amnesia was enough. "I'm August Yilmaz. Just someone who liked your violin," he continued. He didn't want to use big words to describe her, he didn't want to reveal how he had admired her. He feared that it would only serve to bother her more as she couldn't remember. It was unfair towards her, it would be unfair to burden her like that. So he downplayed it, but he wasn't sure if he had done it in the right way.

"I would say we should have some today... But my head is killing me. I don't think I can sing. Unless anyone knows a reliable cure that does not grow me an extra head or give me a purple skin or something? I'd really want to spend my Saturday doing something fun instead of wasting it by trying to sleep it off in my bed, you know what I'm saying?"

Raising a brow at Romeo the Turk smiled a little brighter at the prospect of jamming again. It had been a while since they had their last session and with the recent happenings he was sure that everyone wanted to relieve some stress. And what better way was there to do such than through music? August nodded at that offer, that certainly sounded good to him.

"Seeing someone with an extra head or purple skin would be interesting no?" Hazel spoke up again. August was glad to see that the transfer was starting to be more comfortable now, though he didn't quite catch why she said what she did. Was it some sort of reference?

He didn't get much time to think it over. Feeling a malicious aura near him August turned around a little to see a small figure who gave Hazel a cold glare. August blinked as he realised that this was Crissy. Usually far too loud, much too energetic, and always in the centre of attention, Crissy Fairlie. It seemed that, whatever her business was with Luke earlier today, had finished. It made him mentally sigh as he wondered why she couldn't have waited until later today to bother the prefect instead of barging in on them when everyone was still half asleep. In that regard she was basically the Garaile Scriven of Ravenclaw, never minding the annoyance of others.

What bothered him even more was how she glared at the transfer. Did they know each other? Blinking a little August turned to see what Hazel's reaction was to Crissy's attitude, or if she had seen it at all, but decided not to ask about it. Private vendettas could hardly be anything worth knowing about. Luckily she left just as sudden as she had appeared without a word. Odd, but August didn't complain.

"Sure, after breakfast. I haven't had any yet," the Ravenclaw replied to the Gryffindor, his stomach reminding him of its hollow state. Luckily it was only a feeling, not a sound, for that would have been embarrassing. "You may join in as well if you want?" he turned towards the rest of the group with a smile. "So, how about we meet each other in the music room within an hour, or so? I will fetch my scores from my room after I have eaten." He immediately went on to the planning, it was better to come forward with ideas immediately instead of waiting for someone to settle for something. Besides, the foreigner believed that he had chatted with them for long enough already. It was about time he moved on and got something for himself. "I will take my leave then." He beamed another smile at the group before heading towards the Great Hall. The smell of fresh bread already welcoming him.

[/fieldbox]
Characters mentioned/involved:
@Gules - Amara Ferguson
@Wicked - Romeo Cooper
@Misaou - Hazel Mbali
@VocaStar - Crispin Fairlie
@Faust - Lucas Grey
Own OC - Garaile Scriven

Last edited:
Hola39.png

(6th Floor Staircase)

Alice didn't think she was a funny person in general, but going by the laughter beside her, obviously she was doing something right. The girl was laughing so hard, that Alice might have been concerned about her having a heart attack or something. Looking back on the situation it really was funny, how many people can say that they set loose a horde of crickets on someone? Almost nobody if she was to be honest, although this is Hogwarts, so anything could have happened.

"Then what about your poor toad?" Maia Alvey managed to choke out between her laughing fits. Laughing herself, Alice remembered Alberta's face when she found her in her room earlier and how content she looked. If toads could get high, there would be no doubt in her mind that was what Alberta's face was when she found her after the event. Alberta was surprisingly good at hiding and escaping in certain situations, which would explain why she wasn't harmed in this battle. "Alberta seemed to be in toad heaven, I mean all that food, unregulated by me, she could have died a happy toad. She didn't by the way. She's at the Black lake with the other Toads students have set free over the years." Alice said with a smile.

Maia Alvey did a little jump and ended up on the landing without a single injury. Alice actually envied her for that, she had tried that once years ago and ended up flat on her face in front of a bunch of older students. Needless to say, she had never done it since. "And what will happen to you when you get back tonight?" She asked once Alice reached the platform with her.

Alice didn't know how to respond to that, obviously she needed to get out of that room and avoid her roommates for the rest of her Hogwarts' school career, but how could she accomplish that. Maybe speaking to the head of her house or some of the prefects would be the smart thing to do. But there in lies the problem of how she could get a new room, do they even allow anyone a single room? By the time she had this in mind, Maia was already a good deal ahead of her. Walking quickly to catch up with her Alice took a minute to collect her thoughts before she spoke.

"Well, I know I refuse to live with those two after the things they said, so I need to go talk to a prefect or our Head of House before I do anything. If I can't get a new room, well I guess I can sleep in the common room, or if worse comes to worse the Room of Requirement, I mean I might need it knowing my roommates." Alice shook her head and rolled her eyes at the thought of hiding out in the common room, getting up at the break of dawn and sneaking into the dorm rooms to take a shower or get changed. Hopefully, it would never get to that point and all she would need to worry about is avoiding the two girls for the next month or so.

Holla.png

Character Interacted with:
@firejay1 ~ Maia Alvey​

bannerfans_14490580.jpg
♣ Outside the Great Hall ♣
"I actually don't have it on me at the moment," Rye told her, stating the obvious in a dry manner. Stella gave another brief snort of laughter. She'd been joking, and honestly, what was he muttering about being prefect for? "Could always grab it though," he continued, musingly, "it seems like a very detective-like thing to have my camera to take pictures of clues, doesn't it?"

And up Stella's eyebrows went, in half-skeptical surprise. "Clues?"

She managed to get out, before he tacked on, "And, of course, if I happen to suddenly start throwing up slugs, feel free to take a photo for me. I think I'd be a bit too preoccupied to take one myself."

"Really?" She asked, speaking sarcastically before she could even think to stop herself, "I'd have thought you'd enjoy the challenge." One corner of her mouth pulled up farther, her face taking on one of its characteristic mischievous grins, before dropping into a slightly more serious expressions. "But honestly, Rye, what are you on about? Detectives and clues and being prefect. What, is someone going around randomly hexing people?" She took a closer look at his face and that was when she realized he looked a bit ill. Not that he looked about ready to begin chucking slugs or anything, but he did look sort of... she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Pale, maybe, but ill just about summed it up. She leaned in closer to him, placing her hands on her hips and frowning slightly, trying to determine if it really did look like something was wrong with him, or it was just the lighting outside the Great Hall at the moment. "Are you alright? You look a bit... green." She finished lamely.

Ryan McCallion - @Nougat

bannerfans_16025111 (1).jpg
♥ 6th Floor Hallway ♥
The other girl seemed to need time to ponder the question as well, as she didn't respond right away. Finally, she answered, "Well, I know I refuse to live with those two after the things they said, so I need to go talk to a prefect or our Head of House before I do anything. If I can't get a new room, well I guess I can sleep in the common room, or if worse comes to worse the Room of Requirement. I might need it, knowing my roommates."

Maia would never admit it, but she was actually a little disappointed by that response. Part of her had been expecting some devious, cunning plot to get her roommates to leave, but the solution she'd thought of had just been so... normal. It was tame. There was nothing wrong with tame, and now that she actually thought about it from a realistic point of view, it was the most logical option, but she'd started thinking of it as just a made-up story, and so had been fully prepared for something fantastical and unrealistic. Ah well, this was real life, and even at a school for magic it couldn't get that glamorous. The girl's options didn't seem great, either. Maia wasn't even sure if one could change roommates, and sleeping in the common rooms or even the Room of Requirement were not the coziest of prospects.

It took a while for Maia to figure out what she wanted to say back. She didn't know this girl. At all. In the least. Finally, she ended up saying the only thing that really came to mind, which was, "Erhm... if you don't mind me asking, what house are you in?" This was going to be embarrassing if the girl happened to be her year or house...

Alice Bishop - @Hyanna

Hola39.png

(6th Floor hallway)

It was obvious that Maia was expecting a completely different answer than the one she had given. She probably expected something like Alice pranking her roommates until they left, but really that doesn't solve anything, and would make a bad situation worse than before. Maybe later when the dust settled and the girls were no longer on guard around her, Alice could prank them and leave no traces, maybe ask Peeves if he was willing to help. How about you not go there and we live a happy life, with nobody trying to kill us? that would be fantastic. A voice that sounded surprisingly like her brother filtered through her mind. Something to definitely check out later, since that couldn't be normal, but the voice had a point. Alice had to be the bigger person and take responsibility for her actions.

Maia seemed to be spending a long time trying to come up with a response, Alice was almost afraid she had broken her when the girl finally spoke up. What she said however brought down whatever happy mood she had. How could she not know who she was, they had been in the same classes and house for years, 6 years! Sure, she may not have spoken to a lot of people, but it wasn't like she was invisible. They had been in the same Ancient Runes class since 3rd year for crying out loud. Was she really that out of touch that even her own fellow housemates didn't know who she was?

Alice wasn't sure if she should start crying or not, to think this whole time the girl was talking to her not even knowing who she was. You know, it takes courage to speak to a complete stranger, and she chose to speak to you. Think of it that way, didn't you enjoy talking to her? Don't do something that you will regret. The voice was back and trying to reason with Alice, and it had a point. Maybe she was overreacting, after all it's not like Alice went out of her way to make friends before. Maia isn't a terrible person, so maybe she could mess around with her instead, odds were she was hungover anyways and couldn't think clearly. Maia was a nice person and would probably feel terrible about this whole situation in the end, but that didn't mean Alice couldn't get some enjoyment out of this.

Making up her mind, Alice turned to her companion and gave Maia her best "bitch please" look, while on the inside she was containing her glee. "Considering the fact we have been in the same house since our first year, I am not sure if I should be offended or not." Giving the best haughty look she could, something she had picked up from most of the pure-blood supremacists in the school, Alice turned her head away to hide her smile from the girl. She was definitely going to enjoy this moment.

"Let's play a game." Alice said not even looking at the girl. "You have three chances to guess my identity before I tease you unmercifully. You may ask me three questions to try and discover my name. You may not however ask a random person if they know who I am, as that would be cheating, and not as much fun in the end. If you happen to succeed, you will have truly earned your place in the house of Ravenclaw, and I promise I will not get angry over the fact you do not know my identity." This is going to be fun, Alice thought as she flashed the girl a smirk. Even if she failed, Alice would never take the teasing too far, that would just be cruel, but Maia didn't need to know that.

Holla.png

Character Interacted with:
@firejay1 ~ Maia Alvey​

etienne%20black.jpg

[Quidditch Pitch]
Etienne was shaking. All eyes were on him for a split second and even that much limelight was almost too much to handle. His mind had even dared hope he should have lingered with Garaile for a bit. Perish the thought. His hands were clenched in fists at his sides, but only because he was trying to avoid fidgeting. He'd never quite realized, to Garaile's advantage, that his attempts at not looking too self-conscious often made him look almost defiant. Fearsome. Well... unless you made a habit of observing the guy much like Madison Van Reeden did. As captain it was her job to determine and enhance skill, however, with that came her ability to easily read the Stark giant.

"Hey, you can come to put in a couple minutes into some practice?" she asked warmly and Etienne found it hard to immediately say no. "Of course you don't have to. The only one that has to is the dwarf over here," she said, nodding in Melinda's direction, before she turned back to the conversation about engagements.

Etienne opened his mouth to speak some sort of excuse to get away even though he wished not to disappoint the captain. However, he caught sight of Alistair and his thoughts left him. Etienne knew his mere presence was offending the twin, and he didn't want to add insult to injury by saying another word... especially since Zed hadn't even looked his way.

"Both of you, piss off," Alistair said and Etienne felt the hate in his words. Etienne hadn't felt so little in a while. His clenched fists went inside his pockets and he stubbornly forced himself to keep his eyes on the group and not let them drop to the ground. It took all his determination to just look at the events unfold that he wasn't even listening to their words, just making sure he didn't look as weak as he was feeling. As if in response, the Orange Easter Newt crawled up across his chest, around the back of his neck and stooped at the edge of his left shoulder. It helped. The barely perceivable weight of the newt gave him something to anchor with. When Carrot blinked, he blinked. When Carrot shifted, so did he. Etienne's muscles began to relax slightly and now his calmer mind began to work properly again.

What was this socially awkward situation compared to last night, when he felt like he'd been loosing himself? The thought gave him courage and with that Etienne slowly made his way down the bleachers and into the field. Quietly he passed the group following Melinda. He was going to practice dammit, because what he wanted to do most right now was flee.

"I'll get my gear," he said in his deep baritone to no one in particular.

Characters mentioned:
@darkflames13 – Zedekiah Blackbourne
@FieryCold – Alistair Blackbourne
@Misaou – Madison van Reeden
@WishfulNemo - Melinda Geralds
@WishfulNemo - Garaile Scriven

Last edited:
mLFjvMK.jpg

WHERE : Entrance Hall

"That must suck."

Oh boy.

"I mean, well, obviously. Duh. Sorry to hear about your condition."

"It's fine, don't apologize."

Whereas she should probably feel somehow hurt or, at least, the tiniest bit of irritated by that tactless statement, Amara flashed Romeo a wry smile. What he said was simply what many others before him had thought; it was the truth and it was blunt. Therefore, she couldn't possibly find fault with him. It was okay, she was used to this. In fact, she even appreciated his openness. She didn't want to be pitied, which is why she let out a sigh of relief when he tried to approach the issue differently.

"At least it means you get to learn a lot of new firsts?"

That's right. She shouldn't worry about how she had done and expierenced things in the past. She shouldn't try to recreate and compare, but start anew. Enjoying the here and now, was it? And although she desperately tried to do just that, she still found it incredibly difficult sometimes -- the most crucial reason being that she was completely uncertain of who she actually was. Who she used to be. Worrying about whether she would ever get to be like her former self, or even wanted to. Who knew? Perhaps she had been a horrible person; nobody would be able to tell her. In the end, all the girl knew for sure was that her heart was scarred and surrounded by a cocoon of emptiness, one which she sought to slowly but surely fill. Deep blue orbs studied Romeo with utmost curiosity, and for a second, she admired that confident and cheerful spark in his eyes. "You have a point. I like it. I should--- ?" Huh? Before she could finish her sentence, the Gryffindor had put a hand on her shoulder and pulled her into a half hug. Instinctively she placed a hand over his and blinked several times, only grasping what had happened after a few seconds. Oh. Then a light blush crept her cheeks. And here people accused her of having personal space issues. She wasn't the type who usually blushed or minded skinship, bloody hell, which was why her own reaction made her frown. It was beyond her how he was able to get under her skin so many times already.

"And you get to make new friends, amirite?"

"Eeeh," the redhead poked the thumb of her free hand against his belly and replied smugly, "Don't tell me you're talking about yourself?" An amused chuckle escaped her. Contrary to what she had said however, she would definitely welcome his friendship with open arms.

Her attention snapped back to August when he spoke up again and introduced himself. Just someone who liked her violin? "I see. It's nice to meet you again, I guess. Thank you." Her smile turned into a somewhat sad one. My violin, huh. From what she had heard and saw on several photos of herself, Amara used to love playing music. Deep inside her, she still felt it, remembered her passion for it. But the girl was a coward. She was afraid of touching a violin again.

"I would say we should have some today... But my head is killing me. I don't think I can sing. Unless anyone knows a reliable cure that does not grow me an extra head or give me a purple skin or something? I'd really want to spend my Saturday doing something fun instead of wasting it by trying to sleep it off in my bed, you know what I'm saying?"

Stella and her literally magical potions popped up in her head once more. Amara waved after August who headed for the Great Hall, then spoke to Romeo, her expression thoughtful. Merlin, Stella would kill her for this.

"I might be able to help you out, wanna-be-model." Did you hear that? That was the sound of a new nickname being born. "But only if you stop using me as a support for your weight. Not that I really mind, because you smell good, but my shoulder is starting to feel numb." The Hufflepuff freed herself from the hug and faced him properly. "Here's the deal. My roomie may or may not have just what you need," she momentarily looked in Hazel's direction and flashed her a grin when she continued, "Minus the purple skin and the extra head, of course. Anyway, we can meet up in the music room like Yilmaz has suggested and I'll give it to you. In return you're going to forget that dramatic punch I sent your way a few minutes ago. Are you in?"

CHARACTERS INVOLVED/MENTIONED:
- August Yilmaz (@WishfulNemo)
- Romeo Cooper (@Wicked)
- Hazel Mbali (@Misaou)
- Stella (NPC)

Status
Not open for further replies.