• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=Hogwarts; Great Hall , yellowgreen, solid]
"Uh, sure, thanks for inviting me," the girl smiled at him shyly before introducing herself to his friend. That's right, the boy didn't know the transfer yet, not that he would after the introduction. The blond seemed to be far from interested into getting to know the student, shrugging her off casually and walking into the direction of the doors.

"Where are you going?" August felt a little confused as he saw his childhood friend's retreating figure. The male ignored him, like he did so more often and continued to disappear into the crowd. Sometimes the foreigner wondered what went through the head of the blond. Even after all these years of friendship there was a certain wall between them it seemed. The Turk wondered why that was.

"Sorry about him, he does that… sometimes…" August mumbled at Hazel as he rubbed the back of his head. He felt a little ditched by his friend, but he could understand it if the blond didn't want to be dragged around by him to play sports.

It was no use crying over it, however. The foreigner let it slide, believing that he would return soon enough. Like he always did. However a small gut feeling of fear consumed the Turk from the inside. Though August was by no means a seer, and thus unable to see the future, he did develop instincts geared towards divination. Intuitions that sometimes played up on random when something big was about to happen.

Gulping a little the foreigner hoped that it wasn't anything too great and or devastating, though the fear that had by now clamped around his heart remained, racing his heartbeat a little. "Anyway," he sighed deeply as he spoke again, turning towards Hazel. "I was thinking of volleyball, but if you have anything you like?" he offered, smiling again after the small moment of distress inside of his being. He worried too much, nothing had happened yet and he was already making assumptions.

"Ah, you can change first, of course. I can wait here in the meanwhile," August continued, noticing that the female was still in her skirt. She probably didn't know about the field's day yet, which would be a reason why she wasn't dressed for the occasion. Meanwhile the Ravenclaw was fully prepared despite his lack of interest, but it all worked perfectly for him now. If Hazel would indeed go change first after breakfast then the foreigner would have the time to read his tea for a bit. Just to ease his mind a little.
[/fieldbox]
Characters mentioned/involved:
@Misaou - Hazel Mbali
NPC - Childhood friend

JLslmuS.png

Location Quidditch Pitch → Hogwarts Grounds; Broomstick Race Area
A grin spread across the Gryffindor's face as his brother made his descent to where he stood. "Will you stop calling me that? And next time, use the sonorus charm so that I can actually hear you from across the field, nitwit." Zed tutted at his brother. "Now now dear brother, asking me to stop calling you that is like asking me to stop being your lovingly annoying twin~ And as for the charm, I'll keep that in mind next time." The thought of his brother possibly not hearing him hardly crossed his mind when he called out to him earlier. But Alistair was now in front of him, surely the lad must've heard him; at least, that's what Zed thinks.

"Where's your broomstick? Don't tell me you're entering the race with that wretched cat of yours... again."" Alistair asked with a groan. Disgust was written all over his face. A frown replaced the playful look that Zed wore moments ago. "Hey!" He heard Czes hiss from behind him and couldn't help but feel proud of his pet at that moment. "This is our year! Czes and I are gonna win!" Zed huffed as he crossed his arms in front of him defensively. Truthfully, a part of him didn't believe what he was saying. There was hardly any indication of what the outcome would be. Plus, he was worried about Czes. After all, it wasn't long ago that his dear cat sudden fell sick. So sick that Zed was actually afraid that he would die on him. Thank Merlin that he didn't. That would've been extremely bad. The thought along caused his pseudo-anger to dissipate and a sigh escaped his lips. Zed shook his head and lowered his arms.

"Such a supporting brother you turned out to be." He gave Alistair a pat on his right shoulder. "Anyway, I just came to wish you good luck." Zed smiled at his brother and gave him another pat before dropping his arm back to his side. He then turned around. His purpose for coming to the pitch had been fulfilled, it was time for him to take his leave. "Come on Czes. Stop hissing at my brother. We've got a race to win~" The Gryffindor casually said as he started to make his way towards where the pet race was going to be held at... at least that was what he originally intended to do. He suddenly wanted to check out who were participating in the race this year, and maybe tease Melvin while he was there. Zed saw no sign of the midget at the pitch, so he figured that perhaps she chose to partake in the race instead; that, or he simply missed her at the pitch thanks to her height.

So he turned on his heel and took a little detour to where the broomstick race was going to start at. Upon arrival, Zed didn't see his Mel as he wished--looks like the midget managed to escape being teased by her housemate that morning--but he did however see Madi. With the usual grin on his face, he called out her name, "Madi~!" and started making his way towards her.

Characters Mentioned
Alistair Blackbourne (@FieryCold)
Madison Van Reeden (@Misaou)
Melinda Geralds (@Nemopedia)

//permission to godmod Madi a bit was granted

full

[Hogwarts; Changing Rooms]

For these who wondered how Garaile Scriven happened to have transported himself from the outside, on the field, to the inside of the locker; magic. He was a magical boy after all. However, to truly explain what happened; it was a lackey with polyjuice. Sent out to distract the Slytherin captain for a bit so that the Weasel could hide inside of the changing rooms. After all, the female wouldn't talk to him so easily after all that he had done. Perfectly understandable, but such a great shame. Hopefully she would be a little less tight-lipped if he caught her off guard.

"Oh? Is that what you Japanese say?" the boy curiously asked as he crawled out of the locker. The cramped space was smaller than the Weasel had anticipated, or he had grown more than he had thought. "I suppose you guys do have a sense of humour after all," he continued to muse. "Though it is a bit dark, even for me," he followed. Of course he was just being silly, like always. It was just such great fun to rile people up! Especially if these people happened to include his favourite dragon, or were related to him.

Rolling his shoulder casually the blond eyed the flabbergasted girl some more, his eyes trailing over her exposed skin that usually wasn't there. "Hmpf… There isn't much to see. Shame," he pouted at the Asian. Compared to Anice Runeswell no one could put up quite a show, but a boy could hope, especially when he found himself lucky enough to peek at her. However, the journalist wasn't here for that. Surely, he had been suspended for a while for taking racy pictures, but he had bettered himself! A little. Now he was just hoping that the temper of Miss Oshiro was better by a mile than that of her boyfriend.

Eyeing the rest of the room the male gleefully smiled at himself at his luck to have the female all for himself. Great, that made everything so much easier, hopefully.

"So, yes, don't mind me, just continue as if I'm just another voice in your head. You seem to have a lot of them anyway," the boy said as he made himself comfortable on the bench in the room. Crossing his legs the male smiled in bright 'innocence' at Kiyoko before he released a breath. "You know, I'm truly sorry about my misinformed article the other day." Clasping the palms of his hands together the Weasel bowed his head in apology to the female. Bullshit, of course, but could she really be picky with how he apologised?

Maybe.

However, he didn't care. "But to continue our conversation outside." Garaile sat up again after his dramatic gesture, pretending as if nothing had happened earlier. "Feeling any confident in the upcoming match? Are you planning on using Jaycon as your ultimate? Your R-key of the game?"1​ the boy fired off his questions without any mercy, not really caring about what was going to come out of her. He wasn't interested in a Quidditch story anyway, unless someone planned to push Gryffindor off their brooms and have them tumble to their death, but he doubted anyone was planning to head to Azkaban anytime soon.

"Oh, did you read about Etienne as well? That boy is Gryffindor's cannonball, it seems," he continued babbling away his time as he watched Kiyoko's expressions carefully. He wouldn't want to be hexed so soon after getting out of the infirmary. And something inside of him told him that the Japanese transfer had probably a temper quite alike to that of a certain dragon.

Speaking of which…

"Ah, since we are on the topic of reading anyway…" the boy smiled mischievously at the female. He was pretty sure she hadn't read it yet, like many did, however, Garaile was quite proud of the anonymous sender with their rich fantasies. To be able to get a blush out of the Weasel was a hard feat and he certainly had a pair of red ears after finishing that.

"I recommend that you read the newly column opened in Hog Topics, it is quite a read and it may certainly interest you a great deal!" he exclaimed, mentally cursing at himself for not bringing said paper with him. Oh well, next time perhaps. However, considering what he had done and said in such a short amount of time the paper would surely have him hexed on spot. Perhaps the boy should calm down a little and stop pushing his luck with the ladies.​

@Namora; Kiyoko Oshiro
@VocaStar; Anice Runeswell
Wicked; Jayden Everdragomir
@Mglo; Etienne Stark

1- Bonus points to anyone who gets this reference! Abusing Garaile's muggleness. XD​

Last edited:
Character%20Banner2.png

Bedroom → Great Hall→
Blue Spruce Wand || "Pure-Blood" || Hufflepuff's Duel Captain
Mood: Good as it's going to get.
Interaction: Kyler - NPC
Mention: Jayden Everdragomir - Wicked || Kiyoko Oshiro - @Namora || August Yilmaz - @Nemopedia || Eitenne Stark - @Mglo
rsz_divider2.png
Raina wasn't ashamed of her heritage - on the contrary she found it unique if not lacking - but on occasion it proved to be nuisance like that day for example, or any day that involved going out into the fresh Scotland air. There wasn't much wind and it wouldn't require much energy on her part to go out and enjoy it but unlike most people she still had to be careful. The thing was though, she didn't feel like wearing pants. Nor a skirt for that matter. So she spent the better part of that morning deciding between a practical outfit and an outfit that would be more comfortable for her in the long run. The part of the morning she usually spent walking Poppy but in the highlight of upcoming events that was deemed unnecessary.

In the end, she decided to risk it and threw on a pair of loose, modest shorts over a pair of thick tights. In the way of footwear she chose a pair of brown boots. It helped if her skin was covered as much as possible when she went out when a breeze stirred, but sometimes she didn't want to worry about her form fading to transparent. Sometimes she simply wanted to enjoy the wind like everyone else even at the expense of some energy. She completed the ensemble with a typical flannel that peeked out from under the loose sweater she found deep in her trunk, topping it all off with her favorite open vest. The one with the inside pocket meant specifically for her wand. It also had a hood in the event she needed the wind off her face. Untucking her hair from underneath the garment, she glanced back at the cage situated near her bed. Inside the little furball was fast asleep. Well, it wasn't like she didn't have the time to come back for her so she left her be to continue on to the Great Hall.

The atmosphere in general was one of mixed feelings, she realized upon making an entrance. The masses had gone and split themselves up into three groups: one for those excited for the feilds day, another for those seeking a way to avoid the day's activities all together, and the last for those who felt indifferent to it all. Raina wasn't sure what group she fell into you as she made her way to the Hufflepuff's table. She wasn't particularly excited yet she felt no impulse to fake an injury. Maybe she fell into the last group. She at least wanted to participate in the animal race and test herself with the scavenger hunt.

It was still early and as expected Kyler wasn't seated at their assigned table just yet. Declan was probably eating over at the Slytherin's table but going over just to talk to him didn't appeal to her. It was too early in the morning to be dealing with grunts that somehow passed as acceptable responses even for her. Instead she settled for the company of strangers talking amongst themselves. The focus point of the white noise? The school's newspaper. Both of them to be exact. While she read the Hog Topics freely she often avoided the Weasel if only because it wasn't very professional. No matter how hot the gossip or how much it appealed to her shameless curiosity. The first years, or maybe they were second years, next to her were hunched over the Hog Topics thankfully, as if being included in on some dirty little secret. She didn't doubt it.

"Hey, let me see that," she ordered, holding her hand out expectantly. The small group exchanged glances looking a mixture of unsure and questioning. Before she could loose her patients, however, the one in possession of the paper wisely did as they were told. She took it wordlessly, scanning over the black print to see for herself what was so interesting. She was a tad bit disappointed.

The first page focused on flu warnings, slug-vomit warnings (and it wasn't her doing the serial hexings!), something about the head reporter being sick, and then came the Halloween costume contest winner announcement. The second page wasn't much better off until she continued to scan down to an admitted drawing. She quirked an eyebrow at the ominous picture it painted of one of the Hogwarts students. A Ravenclaw student to be precise. She lingered on the submitted artwork. It certainly stood out from the neglected advice column. While his name was revealed Raina couldn't recall seeing the guy around anywhere but still it raised some questions. Was this how the guy revealed himself to the world or was this how the artist saw him? Maybe it was how the artist merely saw the world and this drawing was a glimpse into their perception of it?

She finally peeled her eyes away from the dreary drawing and, after making sure there really wasn't anything else of interest, flipped to the next page. The entirety of it was dominated by a short story and for a moment Raina wasn't sure what she was looking at despite the obvious title. Then she gaped. Even her body wasn't sure whether to blush for staring at something remotely romantic in such a public area or laugh because it starred the one Jayden Everdragomir. She managed to bite back both reactions and settled on clearing her throat. Seemed like the little peasant knew how to get around; from being accused of threatening little miss Oshiro into dating him to... whatever this was.

Once composed she relinquished the paper back to the original owner and turned her attention to the breakfast spead. Her portions were small and controlled as per usual, her sausage links neatly cut in their designated area of her plate while her scrambled eggs nestled beside them without touching. She decided on just that, eggs and sasuage with a cup of sweet tea to wash it all down. It wasn't the dragon fruit she kept at home but it wasn't terrible. She had started on her meal the same moment her brother made an appearance, dark hair fluffier than usual from lack of grooming and droopy green eyes full of sleep. Most people found it weird how the three siblings managed to have different eye colors with Kyler being the only one with a slight wave to his hair. The green eyes were easily explained by their grandfather on their mother's side, but the wavy hair had yet to be explained. No one really looked into it all that much.

Raina snickered at him the same time he sat down across from her, earning herself a glance perfectly balancing 'whatever' with 'oh, just shut up already'. "Ever heard of a brush, Kyuu?" she teased. The nickname came casually. His interest in the Asian cultures may have stirred it on.

"My hair looks fabulous no matter what I do, so what's the point?" he replied in bland tones. With one hand he grabbed some bread to slather with jams and with the other, reached for anything that could be piled on top of it. Raina crinkled her nose at the display. How anyone could eat so carelessly was beyond her. She made a point to seperate her portions farther from each other before spearing a piece of sausage and chewing it like she was sampling a fine wine. "Any plans today?" Kyler idly inquired.

"You first," Raina countered.

The younger Summers sibling shrugged. "Thinking about trying my hand at that mini Quidditch game. Don't give me that look I've been practicing, unlike you." Raina continued to give him a dirty look. As much as she disliked living buried under lies and deception she wasn't all for Kyler's little stunt, practice or not, especially if there was a chance he would expose himself on the spot. Her? She could handle herself, and under different circumstances she wouldn't bat an eye at telling the truth. But she wasn't the only one she had to worry about. Kyler was in the same position she was and not even reckless enough to deliberately put him in harms way like that. Declan's pure-blood status would be questioned, then her family's name may just end up being dragged through the mud. No, it was not so simple as saying the truth and getting it over with.

"Alright, since I'm over here being judged and whatnot, your turn." He took a bite out of his makeshift whatever-that-was and Raina had to fight back the urge to further seperate her portions.

"Nothing fancy. I have to keep Poppy cooped up in my dorm room all day so I thought I'd take her out for some actual play time."

"You mean the pet race."

"And if there's time I might as well give the scavenger hunt a shot. I'm disapointed they didn't set up a dealing tournament or something. Kyler, are you really going to be flying around?" She finished off her eggs and moved back to the sausage.

"Would you relax? Like I said, I've been practicing. Besides, it's not like I'm joining the team or anything. I just want to have some fun, you know?" Raina left the conversation at that, forking the last piece of sausage into her mouth and politely dabbing at her lips with a napkin.

"I'm going to grab Poppy and head out. Meet you at your grave."

"Sorry, forgot to laugh."

The trip to her dorm was a quick one, the ferret so dead set on sleeping she continued to snooze even as Raina carried her in her arms, though the furball did get jostled a bit when she crawled through the borrows. She had made it back to the kitchen corridor just in time to see a rather tall kid making his way away from the kitchens. He certainly wasn't a Hufflepuff. Wait, did she know him? Wasn't his name Anthony or Aaron? Something with an A sound. Since they were heading in the same general direction she was forced to follow him until he ran into another kid. She took that time to pass him, catching a snippet of their conversation. Something about being "totally fit". Nothing like over hearing a dude hit on another dude. She shook her head and continued on but wasn't so far out of earshot to miss one of them exclaim something about a middle blocker. What the heck was that? She decided she didn't want to know and continued out to the Hogwarts grounds.

wgp5li.jpg

[glow=blue]
star_blue.png
Hogwarts Grounds → Broomstick Race Area
star_blue.png
[/glow]

"Keep your eyes peeled and let me know if you see anything suspicious," the brunette said with a frustrated sigh as she rubbed her temples. "Anything Suspicious? Really Madi? Do you honestly think Geralds is trying that hard? I mean, why would she even bother--" The sixth year Gryffindor boy with ashen blonde hair and green eyes didn't even get to finish his sentence. His eyes widened and he quickly shut his mouth, taking a tentative step backwards away from Madison. The brunette, on the other hand, was giving him probably the scare of his life. Her azure eyes were electric as a wicked grin formed on her lips. One could definitely say that Madison looked crazy right about now. "Because she knows if I find her, and I will, I will unleash a wrath upon her even Hades himself would be terrified of," Madison said in a low voice, clenching her hand into a fist so tightly her knuckles cracked. The boy beside her nodded and gulped, obviously nervous which Madison noticed herself. Closing her eyes, she inhaled and exhaled slowly. "Trust me, I grew up with the imp, I know her well," She added with a softer smile on her features now. The blonde boy shook his head at her before turning his back to her and waving as he walked away, "You're crazy Van Reeden, you know that right? I'll keep you posted." Crossing her arms across her chest, she called after him, "So what if I'm crazy? The best people are!" Laughing she turned her back to him and started to walk around towards the Broomstick race area.

While heading over to the racing area, her facial expression shifted into what Andromeda had called once, her 'resting bitch face'. Madi couldn't help it sometimes she would wear a mean looking expression, other times it would be caused due to her thoughts. This time, it was the latter. Madison hadn't seen her childhood friend, Melinda since she abandoned her on the Pitch just as they were about to practice. The dwarf had done a good job at avoiding her all weekend and now Madi was just pissed because she couldn't find her today. Melinda's disappearing acts were tap dancing on Madison's last nerve. Here she thought Melinda was finally getting her shit together only to fall back into the same routine. Not only that but by Melinda missing practices and avoiding Madi who was trying to help her, she was, in turn, doing damage to her team and that irked the Gryffindor to no end. If Melinda was the reason they lost this match against the Slytherin's Madison would make Melinda wish she was dead instead.

"Tch!" she made the sound in frustration as her grip on the lastest edition to the firebolt family, her new broom which was a birthday present from her family, tightened. Honestly, Madi felt way too stressed. She couldn't wait for this match to be over and done with so she could relax because right now it felt like all the weight in the world was on her shoulders. "Madi~!" The shout came from behind her, causing her to stop in her tracks and turn around to see the source of the sound. Wearing his normal wide grin, the shorter haired, and her personal favorite, of the twins, was calling her. "Zed!" Madi called back to him, wearing an equally wide smile of her own. Zedekiah was another one of her childhood friends, which she never seemed to run out of. Closing the distance between them she raised her hand so that he could high five her. "What's up? On your way to the solo race too?" Suddenly a cocky grin spread on her lips. Madi considered herself one of the best in terms of flying in the school. She was doing this race for fun but she also didn't mind competing either. If there was one thing you could take away about Madi it shouldn't be her love for quidditch, but rather her competitiveness. After all, that's one of the main reasons she fell in love with the sport anyway.
Characters Mentioned:

@Wicked - Andromeda Grace

@darkflames13 - Zedekiah Blackbourne

@Nemopedia - Melinda Geralds

Last edited:
6fpqc9.jpg

[glow=blue]Hogwarts || Great Hall → Ravenclaw Tower → Girl's Dorm: Hazel's Room → Great Hall[/glow]

Her bright blue doe eyes blinked at the boy as she waited for him to shake her hand but nothing happened. In fact, he just ended up walking away from the group and heading out of the Great Hall. Hazel's lips formed into a thin line, well, that was rude. Slowly, and awkwardly she withdrew her hand back. It wasn't news that people were rude but Hazel just wasn't expecting that sort of response. Ah well, she shouldn't judge him, though, maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe he didn't want to do muggle sports with her and August so he thought leaving was the best option. Hazel was just speculating now, she had no idea what was going on in that boy's head. "Where are you going?" The green eyed Ravenclaw called out to his friend but got no response. The two of them just watched as the blonde exited the Great Hall in silence. "Sorry about him, he does that… sometimes…" He said softly as he rubbed the back of his head. Hazel couldn't help but feel a little bad. Surely if she had a friend and they left her like that she would feel a little sad. Still, she raised an eyebrow at August. If his childhood friend did this often she wondered why he put up with it. Oh well, it was none of her business anyway.

"I was thinking of volleyball, but if you have anything you like?" Hazel was snapped out of her thoughts as she turned to look at the emerald eyed boy again. Hazel thought for a moment, she wasn't really all that interested in sports but then again she wasn't getting out of doing this field day thing anyway. Still, she knew how to play volleyball. When she was younger she would play on the beach with her brother and his friends. "No, I don't have anything. Volleyball sounds fine." Hazel answered. "Ah, you can change first, of course. I can wait here in the meanwhile," Hazel tilted her head before glancing down and realizing she wasn't exactly dressed appropriately. Embarrassed, her cheeks became slightly colored. She hadn't known about the field day so she had dressed in her uniform like she was instructed to. Now she was standing out like a sore thumb. "Oh, yes, I'll go change," Hazel said softly, avoiding looking her fellow Ravenclaw in the eyes and turning around quickly on her heels and leaving the Great Hall.

--

She made it to her dorm in record time if she said so herself. She was wearing a slight frown on her features. Why hadn't any of her roommates warned her about this field day thing? She had only found out when she heard the headmistress speak. Surely if they had let her know she would've found something else to wear this morning. Then again, these girls didn't know her and they didn't owe her anything. It wasn't their responsibility to inform Hazel about the things she might not know. Hazel had to figure this stuff out on her own. She sighed deeply, that just meant more embarrassing moments like this were in her future, and she didn't have to be a clairvoyant to know that. This was just the pain of being a transfer and not having any friends yet. She shrugged it off and opened the door to her room, she didn't know why she was feeling so bothered now, she of all people should be used to being alone and doing things on her own by now.

Heading over to her trunk she pulled out a pair of jeans and a crewneck with one of her favorite band's logo's on it. She quickly changed out of her Hogwarts uniform, taking the time to fold it up neatly and put it back in her trunk, and switching into the clothes she pulled out. She always ended up doing this shimmy, jumping, dance thing when she put on her jeans, just so she could pull him up over her hips. There was a process to it, and she was sure she looked strange trying to wiggle into her jeans, which she was glad no one was in her room at the moment. After the battle of the jeans, she took a break because it was tiresome, skinny jeans were always the hardest to put on. She chuckled at herself because the whole thing was just stupid. After resting a bit, she slid on her shirt and tucked it into her pants before grabbing her boots and lacing them up. Grabbing her wand she tucked it into her back pocket and then quickly made her way back down to the Great Hall, while pulling her hair into a ponytail.

--

She shifted to a slower pace once the Great Hall's entrance was in sight. She hoped she didn't keep August waiting long because that would've been rude and that was not the impression wanted to give to these people. She wanted to make friends after all. Walking towards the Ravenclaw table, she noticed that August was reading tea leaves. Hazel was good enough in divination, she got good grades in the past but she didn't consider it to be one of her strong suits. She wondered why he was reading tea leaves. "See anything interesting?" Hazel asked him softly. "Thanks for waiting, I'm ready when you are."
Characters Mentioned:

@Nemopedia - August Yilmaz

NPC - August's childhood friend

Last edited:
GgWlvvi.png

Owlery → Great Hall ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

It was bright and early, which was never a problem for an early bird like Kass, but evidently not for the night creatures such as the owls. Every owl she could see in the owlery were all fast asleep just as Kassandra expected them to be, they were nocturnal creatures after all. As much as she would've loved to let them all rest, she needed to wake one up. There was something she needed sent immediately--okay, it wasn't exactly something that required urgent attention, but she figured she would get it done first. Plus, it was fields day today and participation was mandatory; she figured that she might not have the energy to go up to the owlery later after the events were done. There was also the serial hexer that was still running rampant. Albeit it seemed that the number of victims have considerably declined, it was still tasked for the prefects to catch the culprit.

Putting the thought aside, Kass quietly tiptoed across the room and towards a white spotted brown owl. It was slumbering so peacefully that Kassandra hesitated for a moment, then she remembered her purpose for being there and went ahead with giving the owl a light shake to wake him. Almost as soon as she did, the owl's eyes snapped open and it looked at her with what seemed to be surprise and then something akin to a glare. "Sorry to bother you, but I need something sent." She reached into her pocket and took out the treats that she brought with her and gave it to the owl who immediately took it. As the owl took its time to enjoy the treat, Kassandra examined the parcel that was in her hand. It was wrapped in brown paper and tied with paper twine just like any other regular parcel, only this wasn't meant to be a regular parcel. Inside was a gift for her father for his birthday. His birthday wasn't until the next day, but considering the distance between them, she needed to send her gift early for it to arrive on time. Inside the package was nothing special, just a box of Bertie Bott's and a letter written by her. Admittedly, Kassandra was somewhat ashamed of her gift this year. It was difficult for her to think of something to give for her father. Everything else that was within her budget seemed to have already been gifted by her in the past. Bertie Bott's, her father's favourite candy, was the last thing she could think of that she hadn't given yet. She sighed. She needed to get him two gifts next year to make up for this one.

Once the owl was done with the treat she gave, Kassandra handed the parcel to it. "Get it to Ashley, alright?" she whispered as the owl took the parcel. It flapped its wings at her in acknowledgement and took off to deliver the package. Kassandra followed the animal until it was out of her sight. Although the gift was meant for her father, she had to send it to Ashley who would then send it to him using the muggle way. For one, they were worried that her birth mother would freak out if she saw an owl knocking on the window; and second, her father lived in the Philippines and she could vaguely recall reading somewhere that it was illegal for owl post to cross the international borders without authorization. When she could no longer see the owl that went off, Kassandra quietly exited the owlery and headed to the Great Hall.

On her way, she contemplated on what even she would be participating it. The broomstick race was hardly an option, she was too far inexperienced for it. Pet racing didn't seem to appeal to her as well. She didn't have a pet with her, although she knew that the students could borrow one of Hagrdi's creatures, Kassandra wasn't exactly too keen on it. All that was left was the muggle sport and amateur quidditch. Between the two, the option seemed clear. Muggle sport, particularly basketball, was something she had experience with already; having grown in a muggle setting during the early years of her life and whatnot. Back when she still lived in the Philippines, she often played basketball with her cousin and best friend. But hasn't played since then, and that was ages ago. Plus, her height made her hesitant as well. Being short wasn't exactly an advantage when it came to a sport like basketball. Volleyball was also an option, but she was still reluctant. Part of her wanted to try her hand at quidditch.

Her little internal debate was cut when she reached her destination. Upon arrival, her eyes scanned the Ravenclaw table, looking for a place to sit; though in truth it was more of looking for someone to sit with rather than an empty space for her occupy. First she saw Briar sitting beside Alice, someone she wasn't quite familiar with. They didn't talk much but they were of the same house and shared some classes together, and thus explains how she knew her name. Next she saw Hazel and August together. She was quite happy to see that Hazel was starting to make friends. Her eyes continued scanning the table, looking to see who else was there, and soon landed on her fellow Ravenclaw prefect. Immediately the news about a serial hexer came back to mind. She needed to talk to him about it, perhaps he knew something about the matter that she didn't. Kass went over to Lucas and gave him a light tap on the shoulder. "Good morning Lucas. Do you mind if I sit here?" she pointed to the space beside the half-breed. "I was hoping to discuss something with you."

Characters Mentioned
Lucas Grey (@Faust)
Briar Black (@redlemonaide)
Alice Bishop (@Hyanna)
August Yilmaz (@Nemopedia)
Hazel Mbali (@Misaou)

Hola39.png

(Great Hall)

Just as Alice was about to place the bacon in her mouth and transport her tastes buds into a bacon bliss, she was interrupted by a voice beside her. Frowning slightly since the manners practically beaten into her by her mother dictated that she should respond to the question, rather than allow herself to eat. Placing the bacon on the plate infront of her, Alice turned slightly to watch as the witch beside her sprayed whipped cream into a bowl, with what she could guess, filled with fruit. It took a moment before the girl's identity came to her mind, much to her shame since Briar Black was fairly well known.

Taking the second to clear her throat, Alice glanced longingly back at her bacon and mentally sighed, it seems she wasn't going to be eating for a little bit. "Um, yeah, that's me, Alice Bishop... you're Briar right?" Alice felt like a parrot echoing the question asked of her, but she really didn't know how she was to interact with anyone. With Mathew and his loser friends it was easy, mostly because they barely had any brain cells to split among themselves; but when it came to people her own age, it was like she froze, and couldn't speak English properly.

Alice knew Briar, they share Astronomy together, as well as a few other classes, but Alice knew her mostly from the pet race back in first year. Not really feeling comfortable flying with all of the older students, Alice had entered the Pet Race, and as luck would have it, ended up near where Briar and her cat Jinx were. When the race began, Alberta moved maybe two hops lengths away before stopping. No matter how much she pleaded with Alberta, the toad refused to move anymore. The other first year Ravenclaw seemed to be having the same difficulty with her cat, who looked as if it had better things to be doing with her time. Now that Alice looks back, if she hadn't been such a loner then, the two might have bonded over stubborn, highly opinionated pets, and maybe even become friends. But that was in the past and there was nothing she could do to change it.

"You, um, racing your toad again this year?" The other witch said awkwardly. Since Alice herself is one of the most awkward people she knows, not that it is saying that much, she can detect awkwardness a mile away, it's like a second sense. Which is why she is really confused about the fact that the girl is even speaking to her. Why bother talking to her in the first place if she didn't really want to talk to her in the first place? Did the other Ravenclaw want something from her? Why bother spending time with the extreme loner of Ravenclaw house? It just makes no sense and was confusing Alice to no end. Of course most of these thoughts went through her mind before the girl had finished with the whipped cream.

Getting back to the question, Alice had to actually think for a moment or two before answering, coming to the conclusion that the girl was just making small talk while she ate to be friendly, not asking like she cared about the actual answer. "No actually, I think Alberta, my toad, would attempt to kill me in my sleep if I forced her to participate this year. So I am thinking about either the Rugby or Volleyball, haven't made up my mind quite yet." It was the truth, while Alice loved playing Rugby, she had her hesitations about playing the sport if it was mixed. It wasn't the idea of being tackled by boys a heck of lot bigger than her and hurting her, no, it was the thought of them possibly copping a feel when she did get tackled that made her hesitant. Plus she wasn't sure if there would be enough females in any house, other than Gryffindor, willing to play to even form full female teams. Volleyball seemed like the safer bet, and Alice would do well, but she still wanted to play Rugby again, it had been way to long since she last played. Looking back up at Briar, Alice gave a little smile. "What about you? What are you planning on doing this year?"

Without wasting anytime, Alice quickly reached out to her plate and grabbed her piece of bacon and proceeded to shove it in her mouth, not caring that she probably looked like a pig by doing so. The bacon would grow cold by the time this conversation would be over if she didn't grab it then. It would be a dying shame, and a disgrace to the Bishop name, if she let that bacon go bad just for the sake of manners.​

Holla.png
Characters Interacted with:
Briar Black ~ @redlemonaide

tumblr_o2nod9tOTi1rrfopko1_500.png

Great Hall

As soon as Crispin entered the Great Hall, he got up on his tip toes and held his hand high to his forehead, scanning the table for a familiar blue mess of hair. The Great Hall wasn't as crowded or loud as it usually was, since many students had already made their way to the fields. Still, Crispin had a mission and he wasn't going out into the sunlight until he had found his blue boy. And while he was at it, eat something. If he didn't, he'd probably pass out half an hour into whatever activity he would choose to do.

It didn't take long to spot his intended target. Little Luke-ifer always stuck out like a sore thumb at the Ravenclaw table. But what was this? Another presence? Why if it wasn't Kassandra Castillo, another one of those bodies that always kind of blended into the background of his brain. He didn't know if it was because he had a bad memory, or because he gave no fucks, but for some reason he always forgot about people like her. The shruggers. He recently had a run in with her too, when he had so kindly been offering his services to the new transfer. Speaking of which was also there, but at this time he had no reason to talk to her. Vengeance was at stake.

After all, Luke deserved all he was getting served, didn't he? After years of sleepless nights, slaving away making baked goods just for him, just to get his kindness and cooking rejected. It was unforgivable. And Kassandra had it coming too. While she had managed to stay out of his radar for a long time, she was beginning to stir in his affairs, and if she delved deeper he might have to take care of it.

He didn't really know what they were talking about, it seemed Castillo was asking to take a seat by his blue boy to discuss things. Welp, that'd have to wait.

Crispin leaped in the seat by Grey, clinging to his arm excitedly. "Lukey poo~!" he chimed merrily, rubbing his head into the boy's arm. "Oh I've been looking everywhere for you! Don't you know it's rude to make your girlfriend worry so?" He said, looking up at the boy with puppy eyes, his lips forming a small pout.

"It's okay though, I forgive you." he smiled again, cuddling closer. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a baggie containing heart shaped sugar cookies. They weren't poisoned or charmed or anything. That would be too easy. "I made you cookies my dear!" he said, his smile taking a devilish turn. "Eat them!"

@Faust > Lucas Grey
@darkflames13 > Kassandra Castillo
@Misaou > Hazel Mbali (briefly and not by name)

Last edited by a moderator:
(OOC: sorry for the shittiness of this post, it was kinda rushed ;~;)
tumblr_o2oeaemqdR1rrfopko1_500.png

Great Hall >> Race Track

Charlotte sat herself down once again at the Hufflepuff table. It seemed the August and friends were taking longer than expected to get going. Finishing her breakfast, she kept her focus on the group at the Ravenclaw table. She did her best to listen in, but it was a bit difficult, being an entire table away. And the Gryffindor table could get rowdy. She wondered who this new student was that Yilmaz was talking too. Most new students usually had the same reaction towards her as first years who hadn't quite seen a half-breed like herself. So she tried to ease herself into their vicinity. Preferably in an area they couldn't run and escape. But seeing as this student had already made friends with someone she knew, so that might make befriending her easier. Meanwhile, she could find out what her interests were by having spiders follow her around. That way thinking up conversations would be easier.

She heard them mention a sport called "volleyball". Charlotte wasn't familiar with that particular activity, so it must have been a muggle sport. If they were headed in that direction, than she could go ahead of them and meet them there...After all, she had no reason to stay in the Great Hall unless she was going to wait for them. She cleared her plates and picked herself up from the table once again. She wondered where the Muggle sports area was. There must have been maps or signs that help guide students to different destinations..

~

The weather was lovely. The cool breeze felt refreshing against her face and under the shade of her parasol she didn't have to worry about overexposure to light so she felt comfortable. Students were excitedly navigating their way to different activities and meeting up with friends. Charlotte put a finger to her mouth thoughtfully trying to figure out where the muggle sports area was.

Making her way around, she noticed the race track. That wasn't a muggle activity so she figured she was far off from her destination. Letting out a short sigh she looked around. Maybe she'd ask a neighborhood spider for directions...

@Nemopedia > August Yilmaz
@Misaou > Hazel Mbali​

o9rg39.jpg

♠ A Short Ways Away from the Race Track ♠
Avery hadn't gone far from the Princes when he noticed a girl with a parasol he happened to be drawing closer to. A parasol... of course it had to be Charlotte Monrova. She looked lost. He took a step closer to her, then hesitated. On the short list of people Avery suspected actively disliked him on some level, Charlotte came in at number four, surpassed only by Stella Prince, Xavier Fischer, and Alistair Blackbourne. The truly odd thing was that he knew why the first three people disliked him. He had no idea what he'd ever done to Charlotte to make her openly dodge behind pillars every time he came down the hall. He had absolutely no memory of her avoiding him before they'd interacted last year, at least, no more than she avoided most people, but he wondered if perhaps whatever he'd done to her had happened before then, because even though he'd only been trying to strike up a polite conversation, she had practically run for the hills. If he was being honest, he didn't really know how he was supposed to respond to that reaction. Should he apologize when he didn't even know what he'd done? (Would she even allow him to apologize when she avoided him like the plague itself?) Should he start avoiding her instead, so she didn't have to? It was all very strange.

He shook his head a little, and properly moved closer. If she hated him that much, she could just run again - he wasn't going to hunt her down or anything, but if he could help - he'd help. Reaching out a hand, he tapped her ever so lightly on the shoulder with the tips of his long, tapering fingers. Holding himself a couple feet away from her to give her room (and himself space just on the very unlikely possibility she tried to hit him with that parasol), he asked gently, "Hello, Ms. Monrova." - he'd taken to calling her Ms. Monrova after that unfortunate incident last year - "I hope you don't mind me saying, you look a bit lost. Do you need help finding anything?" He immediately wondered if he should have phrased it differently, but it was out, and the best he could hope was that he hadn't insulted her with his words.

Characters interacted with:
Charlotte Monrova - @VocaStar

Last edited:
tumblr_ng6z8uX8891rrfopko1_500.jpg

[glow=white]|Great Hall|[/glow]

In the end, Lucas didn't get much time to ponder before he felt a light tap on his shoulder. At first he tensed up a bit fearing that the little devil had found him, which in truth wasn't that difficult, but a sigh of relief escape him mouth as he heard the voice of Kass, his fellow Prefect. He turned his head to meet her gaze. "Good morning Lucas. Do you mind if I sit here?" She asked and pointed at the empty spot beside him, a spot that has been very common these past few months. He wasn't a very approachable person, alright? Always looked annoyed or irritated whenever someone did try to communicate was probably a bit factor in this... yeah, that was most likely the case. But that was who he'd been formed into, he couldn't really help it. "I was hoping to discuss something with you." She told him, waiting for an anwer. He had hoped that they could just have a nice student to student chat, Luke haven't had the chance to talk to his friend for some time. A trend that, sadly, seemed to have gotten out of hand lately. Made him wonder if he really considered the friends he had as such, or if he just used them to make time go by faster. In conclusion, he didn't really know what a "friend" was. Either way, it was convenient that she came by as he did have matters to discuss as well. The blue haired Ravenclaw gave Kass a slight nod "No, go ahead. I have things to discuss as well." But it seemed like that would have to wait, much to Luke's disdain.

Because as Lucas turned his head back to the table, he noticed the person he feared would eventually arrive rushing towards him. This small, curly haired person hurriedly sat down on the empty spot beside Luke and took hold of his arm. "Lukey poo~!" the voice, who belonged to Crissy, rang out merrily as she rubbed her head against him. He didn't know whether he should feel sick, surprised, afraid or happy and as such ended up as annoyed. "Oh I've been looking everywhere for you! Don't you know it's rude to make your girlfriend worry so?" He avoided her for a reason, and if this was a normal relationship the two of them would probably have broken up long ago. But this wasn't a normal relationship. He groaned out of irritation as Crissy looked up at him with a face he'd probably find adorable under normal circumstances, but he already knew what lied beneath that fake adoration. He wanted her to go away, discussing the letter with Kass was far more important right now. However, as far as Luke knew, getting Crissy to leave him alone for a moment was probably near impossible. "It's okay though, I forgive you." The small Ravenclaw said and reached into her pocket, pulling out a bag. From experience he knew that the bag contained cookies, she'd tried to give him stuff like that for as long as he could remember but he'd always refused. It wasn't because he didn't think they'd taste bad or anything like that, he simply could find it in himself to accept them. "I made you cookies my dear!" Yes, he already figured as much. This time he'd have to accept them whether he wanted to or not, so he'd try to enjoy them this once. "Eat them!" She said, her smile had taken a more wicked turn but he decided to ignore that. He took the bag from her small hands and opened the bag, then took out a heart shaped cookie. He took a bite out of it to get a taste and, surprisingly enough, it tasted a whole lot better than he thought it would. Well, after all those rejected cookies she must have gotten quite some practice in after all.

Lucas sighed and patted Crissy's head, putting a warm smile on his face. He supposed he could be nice for once, even though it hurt his pride to be as such to this devil, but perhaps it'd help him get the time he needed with Kass. "Thank you, they're great." He said, still keeping the same smile on his face. "So I'm sorry, honey, but could you please leave Kass and me alone a bit? There's something really important I need to discuss with her. But we'll spend the day when I'm done, I promise, okay?" He said in the sweetest voice he could produce while caressing Crissy's hair. It hurt, it hurt so much that he could puke. It felt weird being like this to a person he hated, but none of it was really a lie. So faking feelings like this was okay, as long as the words were true? A good reference for the future. Now he just hoped that she was satisfied with that.

Character's Mentioned

Crispin Fairlie @VocaStar
Kassandra Castillo @darkflames13

Last edited by a moderator:
JLslmuS.png

Location Hogwarts Grounds; Broomstick Race Area
"Zed!" His childhood friend beamed as she saw him. When Madi put her hand up, Zed immediately high fived her raised hand. It amazed him sometimes how comfortable he was with her, but then again, he's always been comfortable around her even back when they were still merely kids. Madi was just that one person that Zed could get along with in almost every aspect--except of course, matters regarding blood purity. He's knows to avoid that subject whenever in her company. It's the one thing that he knew they will not agree on.

"What's up? On your way to the solo race too?" she asked with a cocky grin on her face. If it were someone else, Zed would've probably made a remark to bring them down a notch or two. But this was Madison Van Reeden, she had every right to be cocky about flying. Madi was damn good at it. There's a reason why she's the Gryffindor quidditch captain after all, whatever those reasons are, Zed was fairly certain that flying was one of them. As fun as racing seemed to him, Zed shook his head. His choice has already been made since last year. "Nah. I was actually on the way to the pet race area" he turned to look at his pet who stood beside him. "Czes and I are ready to win this year, isn't that rigth Czes?" Zed cooed at his pet who looked at him and happily meowed in response. He gave his pet a pat on the head before turning back to his childhood friend. "Thought I'd drop by first, check who's participating in the race this year." As he said this, Zed's eyes started roaming the area. When he didn't see any sign of the midget, he concluded that he must've just missed her at the pitch earlier. He could ask Madi if she's seen her, but he decided against it. He had to get to the pet race area soon anyway, there was simply no time for him to go around looking for the midget just so he could tease her. Lucky girl managed to escape Zed's teasing--for now at least. His attention went back to Madi and a cheeky grin spread across his face. He already knew, from the moment he saw her there, that she would be participating in the race. "Don't go easy on them Mads."

Characters Mentioned
Madison Van Reeden (@Misaou)

wgp5li.jpg

[glow=blue]
star_blue.png
Hogwarts Grounds → Broomstick Race Area
star_blue.png
[/glow]

Madison liked to consider herself a friendly person, still, there were some folks that she could get along with so easily it just felt natural. Zedekiah was one of those people. Even though she's known him since she was little, when they first met they just had this connection right off the bat, and nothing's changed since then. She appreciated the fact that she got along well with him, others like her childhood friends Melinda, Zoey, and Alistair were more difficult to get along with. Though that never stopped Madison from being a friend even when times got difficult. That being said, even though she didn't always agree with her friends she never understood why that would mess up their friendship. Hell, Zed and Madi didn't agree on matters of blood purity but at the same time they acted like civilized people and to this day are still as close as ever. The same couldn't be said for Alistair though, which made Madi a little sad to be completely honest.

"Nah. I was actually on the way to the pet race area," Zed said shaking his head. Madi's gleeful expression fell a bit, as she was disappointed her friend wasn't taking part in the race. She had at least wanted some competition there. "Czes and I are ready to win this year, isn't that right Czes?" Madison glanced down to see the siamese beauty beside Zed meow happily. Her smile returned as she knelt down beside the cat and started to pet him. "Thought I'd drop by first, check who's participating in the race this year." Still petting Czes she turned her azure eyes upward to look at Zed, "Not anyone of importance" she said with a confident snort. "Don't go easy on them Mads." Madi placed her broom on the ground and picked up Czes and holding him close to her chest, scratching his head. "Of course, but, wait what was that Czes?" The cat within her arms purred and meowed happily, "You don't want to do the pet race?" As if continuing their conversation the cat meowed again, "Zed wouldn't listen to you when you protested? How cruel. Well, don't you worry, I'll take care of it. You'd much rather play with Jasper wouldn't you?" Czes purred happily and meowed again, so Madi just looked at Zed confidently. "Well, Czes has spoken. He'd rather play with his friend Jasper instead." Jasper was Madi's gray and black tabby cat that she's had for a while now.

Madi put Czes down and picked up her broom again, smiling brightly at Zed, "Now that, that's taken care of, race with me Zed. Please?" She gave him a puppy dog look. Honestly, Madison thought it would fun racing with him. She was confident in her skills and sure racing, in general, was fun but when you had a friend it made the competition that much better. That's when she got an idea, her eyes widened before a wicked smile graced her lips, "How about we make this interesting? You and I, we love our bets, so why don't we have one? For old times sake." She closed the gap between them linking her arm in Zed's, "If I win then you, your brother, and our darling little midget will have to play Muggle sports with me this evening." Just imagining the expression on Alistair's and Melinda's face was priceless. Of course, that would mean Madi would have to find Melinda first, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem, she has lookout's all over the place. This opportunity was way too good to pass up. Madison leaned her head against Zed's arm and turned her big blue orbs up at him, "So what do you say? Are you up for the challenge? Or are you gonna run away scared? Then again, I'd be scared if I were you too." she said with a laugh.
Characters Mentioned:

@FieryCold - Alistair Blackbourne

@darkflames13 - Zedekiah Blackbourne

@Nemopedia - Melinda Geralds

NPC Zoey Black

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Hogwarts; Great Hall >> Entrance Hall > heading for > The Muggle Sports, yellowgreen, solid]
Quickly ripping a tea bag open the boy poured its content in the cup, waiting for the tea to set while he concentrated on focussing his mind. He knew exactly what he wanted to know, what he wanted to ask and make sure at. Since the Ravenclaw tower wasn't exactly nearby the foreigner took his time sipping his tea, closing his eyes for a bit as he tried not to get too distracted.

"See anything interesting?"

Looking up again the male realised that time had continued to pass as he tried to properly execute his tea reading. Noticing that Hazel had already changed into a pair of tight jeans and boots the boy noted how these weren't exactly the most comfortable clothes to sport in, but if this was her decision August would let her be.

"Almost," he smiled shortly, quickly turning back to his cup as he swirled it around a few times and poured the last bit of the tea out. Due to that interruption earlier his focus was lost, which could very well affect the reading. August hoped that, since it was so near the end of the completion, that it wouldn't affect it too much. However, he knew that it was wishful thinking. The reading would be greatly influenced by what he had focussed on earlier, but would be imbalanced. It was of no matter, however, divination was most of the time meant to be vague anyway, so even if he had perfectly completed the steps he would still face the problem of vague signs.

It was all in the interpretation of the signs. The Turk knew that and with that he looked down in his cup, his eyes starting at the top and going clockwise down the circle. The first thing that came up were dashes, signifying busyness. Nothing new, for the foreigner was in a lot of clubs for some odd reason.

However the appearance of a wheel and a chain worried him. Change and a series of events. Would they be positive or negative? The combination of the appearance of Aries didn't relief him either. Frowning a little the foreigner wondered how to react to that message. Strong emotions? His? The Ravenclaw usually prided himself in it that he always stayed level-headed. Strong emotions disturbed him and the promise the cup was giving him frankly worried him more than he already was.

At last there were two more signs. Bringing the cup closer to his face August blinked a few times to make sure that he saw these correctly. Knots and… woman? Quickly putting the cup upside down, as to keep it out of sight from the rest, the boy got up from his place. A reading was personal and no one's business. No one really had any need to know about whatever was inside of his cup.

"Now I'm ready," he said, rolling his sleeves up a little. He shouldn't think too much about these signs. Divination was vague like that, it is all about the interpretation of it. With that repeated the male made his way towards the Entrance Hall with the transfer student. "Follow me." He waved her over as he made sure that they wouldn't lose each other in the crowd. They probably should invite a few more people to form a team later as well. Something told the Turk that his friend wasn't going to come back any time soon.
[/fieldbox]
@Princess Misaou - Hazel Mbali
NPC - Childhood friend

ooc: Casually spilling the tea on future events. //shot

1 - Tasseography Tasseomancy -- The Mona Lisa Method of Tea Leaf Reading

Last edited:

JLslmuS.png

Location Broomstick Race Area
Zed watched as Madi picked Czes up and begun scratching his head. The mischievous grin on his face morphed into a gentle smile upon seeing the contented look on his cat's face. Seeing Czes happy, or any cat for that matter, simply brought a warm fuzzy feeling inside him. It's like their happiness was simply contagious for him. "Of course, but, wait what was that Czes?" His smile faltered at her words and he quirked an eyebrow as his cat meowed in response. "You don't want to do the pet race?" His eyebrows shot up and he gaped when Czes meowed happily, as if agreeing with what Madi said. "Zed wouldn't listen to you when you protested? How cruel. Well, don't you worry, I'll take care of it. You'd much rather play with Jasper wouldn't you?" Zed scoffed. "Liar" He mumbled while giving his cat a death glare. "Well, Czes has spoken. He'd rather play with his friend Jasper instead." Madi said confidently and put Czes down. Zed's glare never left his pet. "Czes you traitor!" While it seemed very absurd for him to hold such a grudge towards his pet, Zed found it perfectly reasonable and didn't care even when some of the younger years passing by either looked at him funnily or outright chuckled at the scene. But Zed didn't care. Right now his only care was with regards to how his pet felt with regards to participating in the pet race. He let out a resigned sigh and gave his pet a light pat on the head. "If you didn't want to participate, then just tell me." Zed told his cat, as if the animal understood him--though after giving it a bit more thought, Zed found his statement to be quite silly. It wasn't like Czes could speak and voice out what he really wanted. It was his job as his owner to be able to tell these kinds of things. "Now run along and play with Jasper before I change my mind, Czes." And just like that, Czes scampered off to Merlin knows where.

"Now that, that's taken care of" He turned his attention back to Madi and found her wearing a bright smile on her face. "Race with me Zed. Please?" Her face turned into that infamous puppy dog look. He shook his head. Normally Zed was rather keen on flying and would jump at the opportunity, but right now he felt rather down; he'd been looking forward to the pet race after all and now he and Czes were no longer participating--and he was so confident and excited as well! He wasn't about to force Czes to participate out of selfishness. It's been made clear to him that his pet didn't wish to participate this year. Upsetting his dearest animal companion was the last thing he wanted to happen. "Mads, I don't think--" He started to say but was cut short when he noticed the mischievous glint in her eyes as they widened. Her lips stretched into a devious smile. "How about we make this interesting? You and I, we love our bets, so why don't we have one? For old times sake." His interest was caught the moment he heard her say 'bet'. Zed loved bets, he loved them so dearly, so much so that he nearly accepted the bet without even hearing her conditions. Thankfully he caught his tongue before he did so.

Madi closed the gap between them and linked her arm in his. "If I win then you, your brother, and our darling little midget will have to play Muggle sports with me this evening." Zed wasn't one to think about the bet conditions before accepting them, but this time he spared a second to mull it over. He tried to imagine Alistair and Melinda attempting to playing muggle sports. An image couldn't form in his head, seeing as he knew no muggle sport, but he figured it would've been hilarious. Muggle related things mixed with prejudiced purebloods was a recipe for disaster and Zed loved it! It didn't really register in him that he would be playing along with the feisty couple, but when it did, Zed nearly threw a fit but soon found that it wouldn't matter, he'd be too distracted by the hilarity that would ensue to even properly play whatever game it may be. Besides, who said he was planning on losing?

He felt Madi lead her head against his arm and looked at her. "So what do you say? Are you up for the challenge? Or are you gonna run away scared? Then again, I'd be scared if I were you too." Zed frowned at her implication and scoffed yet again. "Ha. Me? Scared? As if! I accept the bet!" He said with great confidence. Losing was not in his itinerary for the day. Speaking of winning... "What happens when I win, Mads?"

Characters Mentioned
Madison Van Reeden (@Princess Misaou)
Alistair Blackbourne (@FieryCold)

GgWlvvi.png

Great Hall ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

A smile formed on her face as her fellow prefect nodded and responded positively to her query. She was about to take a sit and express gratitude when all of a sudden a blur of blonde rushed by, causing her to jump slightly in surprise. Next thing she knew, the seat beside the blue haired half-fae was now occupied by none other than Crissy Fairlie. Memory of their last morning encounter resurfaced. Kassandra still owed Fairlie an apology. Her attitude at the time was simply atrocious. She had reacted so awfully, and to what? Just because the blonde didn't great her and proceeded on trying to make Hazel feel more comfortable on her first day? Kass was ashamed of herself. Her sarcastic remark from last time was very much uncalled for and very unbecoming of a prefect such as herself.

"Lukey-poo~!" she heard the blonde say, nuzzling onto Lucas' arm as she did. Kass remained quiet, not knowing what to do in the exact situation. Should she leave or...? Before she could figure out what to do, Fairlie's next statement caught her full attention. "Oh I've been looking everywhere for you! Don't you know it's rude to make your girlfriend worry so?" Her eyebrows shot up at the word 'girfriend' and she felt her mouth go agape in surprise. Kass wasn't aware that her fellow prefect was dating the blonde witch--or was he? Kassandra didn't miss the groan that Lucas had let out at Crissy's words. She frowned in confusion. Why would a boyfriend groan upon seeing his girlfriend? Unless... was Fairlie lying? Kass had planned on excusing herself and letting Lucas know that they could talk later, that she didn't want to interrupt the two love birds, but now that was definitely no longer an option. It wasn't just curiosity that was making her stay though, there was also concern for her housemate, friend and fellow prefect.

"It's okay though, I forgive you." Crissy said, continuing to snuggle Lucas' arm. "I made you cookies dear!" she continued as she handed Lucas a bag of the aforementioned treat which the latter wordlessly took. "Eat them!" Crissy practically ordered her boyfriend. Lucas complied, again, without protest but she, again, didn't miss the sigh he let out before patting Fairlie on the head. There it was again. It was like Lucas didn't want Crissy around him, which didn't make much sense to her considering Fairlie's earlier proclamation of being his girlfriend. "Thank you, they're great" he complimented the blonde with a warm smile on his face. Oh she was definitely going to ask Lucas about this when and if they get the chance to talk

Deeming that she's seen enough, Kass was about to excuse herself like she intended to do so earlier, but was yet again stopped. "So I'm sorry, honey, but could you please leave Kass and me alone a bit? There's something really important I need to discuss with her. But we'll spend the day when I'm done, I promise, okay?" Lucas said while caressing Crissy's blonde hair. Kassandra cleared her throat, hopefully reminding Fairlie that she was still there. "Prefect matters" she said simply as if confirming Fairlie's so called boyfriend's need to speak to the Filipina. It was true though, she did approach Lucas with the intention to discuss prefect matters, more specifically the whole serial hexer ordeal. Though she was also hoping to ask him few quidditch questions after discussing said prefect matters since she was kind of interested in partaking in the amateur quidditch for fields day, and now there was also the relationship between him and Fairlie that she also wished to inquire about.

Characters Mentioned
Lucas Grey (@Faust)
Crispin Fairlie (@VocaStar)

Character%20Banner2.png

Hogwarts → Quidditch Pitch → Broomstick Race Area
Blue Spruce Wand || "Pure-Blood" || Hufflepuff's Duel Captain || Outfit
Mood: Good as it's going to get.
Interaction: Kyler - NPC || Declan - NPC || Madisan Van Reeden - @Princess Misaou || Zedekiah Blackbourne - @darkflames13
Mention: Alistair Blackbourne - @FieryCold || Melinda Geralds - @Nemopedia
rsz_divider2.png

The slight chill of the air was more refreshing than anything as Raina stepped out onto the Hogwarts grounds. She didn't head straight for the pet races, deciding to take a little detour and head towards the pitch where she found Kyler standing off to the side looking up with a blank, unreadable expression. He must have brought his broom to the great hall with out her noticing as it now stood at his side. The Hufflepuff quirked an eyebrow and made her way over. "I thought you'd be up there by now," she remarked, looking up to see what caught his eye. From what she could tell most of the "players" we're just warming up. Then she caught sight of the one Alistair Blackbourne and frowned. "Wait, you're not intimidated by him, are you"?

Kyler ducked his head and rubbed at his hair. Even if the siblings were generally accepted at pure bloods it still made him nervous to interact with surpremist, something Raina picked up on rather quickly when he made an actual effort to avoid certain people. Most notably Melinda and the Blackbourne brothers. Then again, it really wasn't that difficult to throw Kyle off of something; out of all the Summer siblings he was the least determined and motivated. If it wasn't for everyone, especially Declan, riding on him about his grades he would probably be flunking out.

Raina crossed her arms and gave him a good hard look. "So what was all that talk about training?"

"I wasn't 'training' I was practicing. Big difference," he countered. "Might as well leave the field to those who at least know what they're doing." The older sibling wasn't exactly happy with that answer, but she also knew forcing him to do something he was no longer set on doing just ended in an argument that got neither of them anywhere. "Is this what you're planning on racing?" he leaned over and poked and the cream puff Raina called a pet and watched as it stretched its tiny paws and yawned in the nest of arms.

"Pfft, don't let her fool you. The moment I set her down in the grass she becomes wide awake. Isn't that right, Poppy?" The ferret didn't look the least bit amused.

"I don't know, Raina, she seems to have her heart set on a lazy day."

"Yeah, well, tough luck."

"What are you two doing over here exactly?" They both stiffened as if caught in an illegal act and reluctantly turned toward the voice, seeing the all too familiar profile of their older brother carrying his own broom towards the pitch. Declan wasn't dressed much differently than any other school day with the exception being the lack of Slytherin's colors and emblem, a light jacket buttoned over a dress shirt and black tie. He stopped in front of them and immediately took notice of Kyler's broom. "Were you planning on flying today?"

"I may or may not have considered it," Kyler responded with a bit of well placed caution.

Declan took a moment to size up his younger siblings and Raina suddenly didn't want anything to do with the situation. She would much rather be the one scheming, thank you very much. "Well, if you were considering it anyway, why not race me? Just something to help you along." Yeah right. Raina looked to Kyler for his decision but the younger Summers was left stunned and at a loss for words. By the time he could wrap his mind around the challenge, Declan had already decided for him and lead the way towards the solo races.

"Shouldn't have hesitated."

"You're coming too, you know."

By the time the three siblings made it to the designated area for the races there were others already there, most notably the other Blackbourne brother and Madison Van Reeden. She had no reason to be friendly with either one of them, but did she did recognised them from the Griffindor Quidditch team and one was also a member of the duelist club. Her curiosity was piqued when it was made obvious they were discussing a bet. "What happens when I win, Mads?"

"You? Win? Now that I would like to see," Raina snickered as she approached them. Sure Declan making Kyler race against him was interesting. But she also wanted to know what these two were up to just a little bit more.

glesni-helling2-jpg.99265

Hogwarts Grounds/Broomstick solo race track

She still wasn't certain what all that madam's small talk was about but, so far, the broom behaved more than well enough and Glesni almost completely forgot that it is the first time she had been flying on a borrowed broom. She wasn't Merlin knows what when it came to avoiding used stuff, even though her mother would throw a fit if she'd knew. She only avoided it as much as it represented a potential trouble, but she stopped thinking in that direction as more people gathered around to prepare for the race. Even though she would hate to admit it, she had fun.

The girl with long blonde hair drew up beside her. She wore Hufflepuff colors and Glesni's lips formed an amused grin. She would think, after all the things she'd heard, that Hufflepuffs would stay as far away from such activity as possible, unless they were already Qudditch players and, truth be told, the girl seemed way too fragile to be serious about it. Then again, "never judge book by it's covers" proved to be true more than once and she quickly dismissed her assumption.

"Stella!", there was a sudden shout and the Hufflepuff female responded by turning her attention to the approaching duo. One of the two looked highly familiar to her and even though it took her quite a bit to connect the name with the face, she managed to identify him, hopefully accurately. She was even more uncertain about it after she heard the Hufflepuff addressing him as "God-food". She smirked. Averill seemed like a person that would not appreciate a treatment that she rated high on mockery scale. He seemed to be unfazed by it, replying with "Morning, little star". At least it made sense. Her name indeed meant what he addressed her with. It was a lovely name. They exchanges a few more words that Glesni paid close to none attention to as her mind drifted away from the track a bit. However, she jerked lightly once she noticed Averill's glare. It was hard to identify it either as a surprises or as a consequence of being uncomfortable because of her presence. Never the less, Glesni replied the best she could. She nodded and smirked briefly, before turning away. Clearly, he was not there to get through yet another meaningless argument.

Even if he would reply with something catch, as he did times before, Stella interrupted him. "Oh, go away, God-food. I know you don't want to be here any more than I want you to be here". Apparently, there was some truth in it, considering how willingly Averill abandoned the track with a laughter. The girl then turned to the other boy that arrived with Averill and replied, slightly annoyed but still gentle enough. "Stop panicking, Darcy. Bas will be just fine. I doubt he's going to go wild and set fire to anything. Besides, he likes Bob. Now you shoo, too. Just enjoy yourself. You know how this goes."

Glesni chuckled. So much for being overly fragile. Stella came off as the obedient one herself, but obviously, it wasn't about to happen as she ordered everyone else around. Weighting out on how meaningful it is to engage into a conversation with the girl took a bit longer than expected, but Glesni finally cleared her throat and referred to Stella with what she assumed would be a good conversation starter. "Brothers being brothers?"

Characters mentioned:
@firejay1 > Averill Ambrose Trevelyan

@firejay1 > Stella Maris Prince​

2qk7cr5.jpg

♣ Broomstick Solo Race Track ♣
Stella rolled her eyes as Darcy walked off, still looking worried. He was always worried. True, she wouldn't want Bas within a mile of one of those punchy-kicky muggle sports, but a pet race was honestly probably as harmless as it got. What would he do? Plus, he had Bob. Robert wasn't exactly the fastest salamander in the pond, but he did happen to be excellent at keeping Sebastian Prince under control. When she'd brought him home at age eleven, Bas had just started his rebellious stage. They had been getting more reports about him getting into fights, and he was on the brink of being kicked out of school. She still remembered that day as a rather funny one, because she'd placed the tank on the table in front of him and the tiny creature had turned to her and just said one word, "Trouble." She'd told Sebastian, and he'd cracked his first smile for months. Ever since then, the salamander had always seemed to calm Bas down. Stella didn't really get it, but she didn't question it either. Whatever worked.

She bounced the broom lightly in her hand again, still off in space, when the girl next to her spoke. "Brothers being brothers?" The blonde Hufflepuff turned to look at the other girl with an expression of open disinterest. Basically everyone in her family had tried getting her to stop doing that for as long as she'd been doing it, but it hadn't worked yet, much to the express dismay of Darcy especially. What was it? All-black-haired-Slytherins-talk-to-Stella day or something? She didn't even know this stranger. Most people didn't guess that she and Darcy were brother and sister, either. They looked so different.

She shrugged. "I guess so. Though, the older one isn't my brother. More like an unfortunate relation. Wouldn't you know better than me about that anyways? You're a Slytherin, aren't you?" She gave another shrug, as if all of it didn't really matter - which it really didn't - and went back to waiting for the race to start, not asking the girl's name or offering her own.

Glesni Helling - @Ritual Lobotomy

Status
Not open for further replies.