Status
Not open for further replies.
mLFjvMK.jpg

WHERE : Entrance Hall On her way to the Great Hall(?)

"Seriously, don't let it bother you. Calm, breathe!" Amara inspected his cheek for a few more seconds until eventually, she nodded and rested her hands on her hips. The gentle pat on her head was unexpected and made her blink, surprised, just how Romeo had done a few moments ago. She couldn't recall having ever been touched like this except by her father -- or anything else, for that matter, which had occurred before her amnesia -- so this was a first. It felt pleasant, sweet, especially due to the fact that the Cooper lad was quite charming (despite his hangover crisis). Oddly enough, the gesture indeed calmed her and she took a step back again. "It just hurt more because I technically walked into your fist more than anything. And I'm already a bit shaky. Like I said, killer hangover. My head is hurting pretty stupidly, believe it or not, and trust me when I say this, the honor for that does indeed not go to your boxing skills, Miss Ferguson. It was because I was naughty," she raised a brow at this, amused, the possibility of misinterpreting his use of the term 'naughty' all too tempting as to ignore it, "and you know what they say; you reap what you sow."

"So unless you happen to have a quick cure to my condition or anything that could make me feel better... Then I think I need to take a raincheck on that favor you owe me." It only dawned upon her now, that perhaps Romeo had attended the rumored Halloween party which was held yesterday night. A few of her roommates had been there too. As a result, by the time Amara woke up, she saw herself faced with a bunch of hangover Hufflepuff girls who had transformed into Zombies over night. Luckily, though, one of them had taken into consideration that this would happen and prepared some hangover potions in advance. Estella was a top-notch party girl and never went about without at least one hangover potion tucked safely somewhere close to her. Perhaps she had some left? "Though it still isn't a big deal. So, boxer champion Amara Ferguson," -- "Hey" -- "what house do you belong in? I definitely would know you if you'd be a Gryffindor, so I take that you aren't at least in mine."

"Actually, I--" She wanted to tell him about Stella's secret and holy stash of potions, thus her house, but alas; she trailed off as something tiny dashed between Romeo's legs. Amara's eyes widened, and she pointed at it immediately, the tone of her voice utterly tainted by a shade of confusion, "Otter between your legs." But as soon as she had uttered it, the otter refused to stay still and swiftly moved around. At some point, it caused for a blonde girl -- most definitely the owner -- to crash into the Gryffindor boy. She lost grip of the leash however, what made Amara feel beyond alerted. Oh-uh. She pondered whether to grab after it, but she soon got distracted by an almost terrifying threat. Almost, because the whole scenario had something comical to it.

"Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! I'm going to kill you!" the blonde girl shouted, "Er, not at you, I mean, but that blasted, little piece of…" And flash! The otter was ultimately ready to abscond. "Oh no you don't!"

Again, it dashed between her own legs, but her reaction was just as slow as Amarie's. "Damn it!" The little furball managed to slip away and before she realized it, Amara found herself staring down at a pair of anger-filled eyes. When did the girl--? Her own cheeks flamed alive with a faint blush because of their awkward positions now, and she quickly stepped aside and next to Romeo. The Hufflepuff crouched a little down though and offered her hand straight away. "Come on, let's move you up to your feet again."

Meanwhile, one August Yilmaz joined the group. Amara didn't take note of him just yet though, still busy with trying to help Amarie to stand up. Once the deed was done however, she looked at him. They used to perform for the school ochestra together, but of course, she couldn't remember that time anymore. Simply put: He was a stranger to her. A brief "Morning" was all she returned before she curiously listened to August's words. Juliet? Melinda? Oh. It was a reference which went back to Romeo's namesake. "So you have a girlfriend, huh?" she elbowed the boy in question, "Ask her to give you a little snog session then. Your headache will poof before you can even realize it."

CHARACTERS MENTIONED/INVOLVED
- Romeo Cooper (@Wicked)
- Amarie Conell (@Umbra)
- August Yilmaz (@WishfulNemo)
- Estella Randell (NPC)

Last edited by a moderator:
JGJnH7l.png

[glow=plum]
star_blue.png
Hogwarts :: Quidditch Pitch
star_blue.png
[/glow]

She had been in too much of a hurry to get out of that awkward situation that she didn't even think to grab her Quidditch things. Oh well, she could make do with equipment that was around. This was a practice after all. The closer she got to the Pitch the faster her pace was. Soon she found herself jogging out onto the field. Closing her eyes and inhaling, she let all her nervous and negative energy melt away, instead replacing it with a peace that she could only find when she was out on this field. It was like a second home to her after all. When she opened her eyes again she felt less tense. She hadn't realized that she'd locked up when she was talking to August. Now she felt loose, and normal again. The last thing she wanted was to not be able to give her all to this practice, not for her own benefit, but for Melinda's. Madi cared enough about her friend to give her, her undivided attention and to help guide her. She wouldn't be able to focus if she kept focusing on what just happened.

Though, to be completely honest, it went better than she expected. Then again, she figured they would never talk to each other again, so anything would be better than what she expected. She remembered the days when she thought if she was even around him she would die. She was so embarrassed with the things that happened between her and August that she was psyching herself out. It wasn't healthy and she was also worrying those around her. So she got better and learned to hide these feelings, of course, that wasn't really healthy either. She never felt really genuine about things. She felt like she was living a lie every time she smiled at a friend, but she refused to let that get her down. She really did want herself to be happy again. And for the first time in forever, she felt like she might be able to do just that, be genuinely happy.

As she got close she saw a group of people huddled together, it wasn't until she was a few feet from them that she recognized them. She noted the oh so familiar, trouble making twins, Zedekiah, and Alistair Blackbourne. She wondered what they were doing here. Then her eyes narrowed at Melinda, who was supposed to be warming up, like Madi had instructed her to do. Madison opened her mouth to lay it on thick to the half pint Gryffindor when she was stopped by what was going on. Slowing down to a stand still she watched as Melinda used the silencing charm on Zed and kicked him hard in the leg. The anger in Madi's facial expression shifted to a more amused expression. She didn't understand what was going on, but someone had officially pissed off the midget, then again, with Mel Mel's temper that wasn't hard to do. "Now, what is this all about?" Melinda demanded, turning her attention now to the long haired twin, Alistair. Not soon after she made her demand her pet owl swooped down dropping off a letter in her hand. "Well?" she prodded him impatiently.

Madison wasn't sure what was going on exactly, but, she decided she would hang back and eavesdrop on their little conversation. Madi was always a sucker for gossip anyway.
ooc: That Frozen reference tho! xDDD

Characters Mentioned:

@WishfulNemo > Melinda Geralds & August Yilmaz

@darkflames13 > Zedekiah Blackbourne

@FieryCold > Alistair Blackbourne

t95b05E.jpg

[Hogwarts; Hospital Wing]

The young Irish lad grinned widely, pleased by his colleagues reply. "No, perfect timing!" Seeming highly pleased and happy about the visit, Garaile seemed to pay his undivided attention to the newcomers. It seemed somewhat rude to ignore the previous guest, but knowing the Weasel and his ways, it was surprisingly generous of him to even allow anyone inside. One step at a time. It was something after all. Not like she seemed willing to engage into conversation in the first place. She seemed upset, but getting only a gut feeling of awkwardness in the air, was hardly a decent conversation starter. That was a shame. He thought how he would really love to have a talk with the half-breed one of these days. Or maybe he was simply foolish. "Wonderful! I was hoping you would say that. Not like it is surprisingly crowded around here." It could have been taken the wrong way, but in reality, Felix was more than surprised at the amount of students visiting Garaile. After what had happened, that is. He looked at his housemates when Garaile referred to Adam. "Don't be shy, potato!" Felix couldn't help but make an "awh" expression. Adam indeed seemed like a really shy kid. "Come, come. Uncle Weasel has a spot reserved just for you!"

"Well now isn't that just adorable?" He chuckled knowing better than that. If there were things that would made Adam blend with the room wall more, then those were silly things like those. "Don't worry, that half-breed won't suck you~" It was funny. It was bloody funny. Taken out of context that is, but he sustained himself. After all, everything was funny to him one way or another. There was a fine line of courtesy in a somewhat tense situation like this and if it would be broken, someone's feelings would get hurt. He would hate to do so. Just like a fine line that Garaile miiight have crossed but hey! It was what he did for living. He was crossing those lines many times so far. It was inconvenient but quite impressive. There was only as many times as one could do so, and that boy mastered it as no one else that Felix met before. But as much as he was the master of scandal, he was equally a master of saving his sorry ass just in time. "Ah, I didn't mean any ill with 'half-breed. You look as lovely as always, dear Charlotte," Yes, indeed she did. But Felix was certain it was not a compliment that came out spontaneously. There was nothing spontaneous about Mr. Scandalous over there. "Come on now, Weasel. You can do better than that." He thought for himself.

He quickly thanked Charlotte for the flowers and looked at him. "…and for the bagel," Good thing he reminded him, because for a second there he had completely forgot that the mildly warm bagel was still resting on his palm, shielded by his long fingers. "Oh! Right!" He lifted it up and it jumped out of his fist as if it was a piece of soap. "Crapcrapcrap!" He grabbed it again and sighed. "Anyway! I thought that the hospital food might be shamefully diii(sgusting)fferent. So I decided to bring our majestic morning feast to you, since you were not able to go there yourself." He looked around for any sight of madam Pomfrey that might as well smack him upside the head just as she did the last night to calm him down. You just had to love that medical bundle of happiness. He winked at Garaile secretively and hid the bagel in one of the drawers of the bedside table. He mumbled. "Even though I am as stealthy as an elephant on a bubble wrap, I call that a win."

Garaile sat up and looked at them. "You guys are the best guests I've had so far! Most of them came empty-handed. The shame, don't you think? Such poor manners." He now completely turned his back to Oswin and faced the Hufflepuffs. "Well, maybe they were all simply upset about what happened to you and they forgot?" It was a ridiculous reply and completely improbable, but not like anyone paid any attention to it as something serious anyway. "Speaking of manners..." Where were his? He grabbed the closest chair and pushed it behind Charlotte with a humble bow. "Have a seat, my lady." He looked around in an attempt to get one for Oswin as well, but he stopped once Garaile spoke to her in a calm but cold manner. "I believe our time together is over now, why don't you see yourself out, Oswin?" It was cold alright. So cold it made Felix slightly uncomfortable. Only then did he heard Adam say something. A full decent sentence for the first time since they arrived. "I'm sure she'll leave when she wants to." It was somewhat a resistance to Garaile's words at that point. Taking that Garaile even heard what the incredibly distant Hufflepuff said. It was the only resistance that Adam used. Felix shrugged and grabbed another chair, placing it in front of the foot of Garaile's bed, turning the chair's back to the front and sitting over it. It was a living hell sitting in those tiny chairs with such long legs and doing it gracefully. "Well now, if it is because of us, that is OK, we are oblivious enough to be able to pretend we don't hear, see or speak of anything." He joked, but there was a tiny drop of truth in it. Then again, it was a visit to the source of many problems. It wouldn't be as interesting if he felt at home in the first place.

@WishfulNemo > Garaile Scriven
@Azzy > Oswin Ravenwood
@VocaStar > Charlotte Monrova
@Nougat > Adam Harrison
@NPC > Madam Pomfrey​

zv8t36.jpg

[glow=red] Entrance Hall [/glow]

"Actually, I--" Amara started, but trailed off as her gaze wandered downwards, then her eyes widened like saucers and she pointed. "Otter between your legs."

Romeo's eyebrows shot up at the completely random comment. He was fairly sure that 'otter' was not a common pet name for a bloke's-- oh. When he looked down, there really was an actual otter between his legs. Would you look at that. "Huh? Where did you--?"

But the Gryffindor never had the chance to finish that sentence, because the furry little creature shot forward, darted between Amara's legs, did a sharp turn backwards and the leash that Romeo only realized too late that was attached to it tightened sharply on their ankles. The sudden pull made Romeo gasp in surprise, followed by a sudden "oof" sound as the air was momentarily smacked out of him when something or someone collided on him from behind, hitting his shoulder and making the boy stagger. The feeling of the overstrung leash against his ankle disappeared as the one holding onto it let it slip their grasp, freeing the otter to do as it wished. A hand grasped onto his shoulder for balance, and pulling Romeo back to his feet and correcting his balance at the same time. The dark haired individual looked quite spooked, his gaze now flashing at the girl holding onto him, who immediately shouted.

"Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! I'm going to kill you!" Romeo leaned away from his fellow housemate Amarie Connell, looking taken aback by the sudden death threat, his expression not short from comically offended. The blonde seemed to realize her mistake, as she spluttered to explain. "Er, not at you, I mean, but that blasted, little piece of…" But she trailed off as the otter made a run for it, Amarie lunging herself after it. "Oh no you don't!"

The girl slid on the ground, her fingers reaching for the leash, but missing it barely by an inch. And she landed between Amara's legs, who had also tried to lean down to catch the leash but also too late. Romeo's lips turned into a little surprised O-shape, frozen in place as he was not sure how to react to the whole situation. Amara looked quite mortified by the positioning, while the Gryffindor girl on the ground seemed to be completely unaware of it due to her own frustration and anger at the animal. She proceeded on throwing a tantrum and yelling insults after the otter, whilst the red haired girl saw it to her moment to remove herself from over Amara, stepping aside and next to Romeo. He glanced at her as if to ask wordlessly if he was really seeing this or if the world had simply gone mad instead of him. Around this time, Amarie -- these two had really similar names, he noted -- seemed to realize where she was and turned to apologize, all flustered about it.

Romeo simply lifted his hands up and shook his head as if to say 'Don't worry about it' because there really was no other way he would have known how to react. It was either that, or laugh in confusion. Unfortunately all the yelling the blonde had done really closed out the option, because it just worsened his headache. The earlier frown was back, and Romeo lifted his hand to rub the temple, but it was not really helping him at all. Amara had crouched down and offered a helping hand to Amarie in the meanwhile, helping the fair haired noisy girl on her feet.

Suddenly someone familiar approached, an immobile otter in tow; August. Romeo let out a reassured sigh as the Ravenclaw handed out the frozen pet back to its owner. "I hope you don't mind it if the otter is unable to move for a while, Connell?"

You could always count on Gus to keep a calm head and handle the situation gracefully when others were freaking out. It was that said calmness that had also saved Romeo's neck several times whenever he had dragged the Turk into exploring the castle in odd hours when they were younger. Without August, his detention score would be much, much higher. Also his list of bones he had managed to break by being a little reckless here and there by not thinking some things through. Though as foolish little boys both of them had frequented the Hospital Wing in the past (mostly due to Romeo's brilliant ideas) but in the last few years they had been seeing Madam Pomfrey far less. Which the old witch was grateful about, wondering if her scoldings had managed to go through their thick skulls.

Then, the green orbs of the Ravenclaw landed on Romeo and Amara, and there was a little glint in them. It was a very subtle expression, much like August himself tended overall to be; silent, mature and reserved. But after almost six years of friendship, the Gryffindor boy had learned to know that look. It was glee. Romeo felt himself blanch, because that look never meant anything good. Especially when he was aware that some things had gone down last night.

"Morning all," August started by greeting all of them politely before his eyes returned back to Romeo, who now felt himself fidget nervously like a kid who was caught doing something he was not supposed to, promptly avoided the green gaze, "How is your head, Ro?" Romeo felt his lips pull into a thin line. He could hear the mocking laughter in August's voice. "And where is your Juliet, or rather Melinda?"

And there it was. Romeo immediately hid his face into his own hands, feeling his face flush beet red all the way to his ears.

"Please don't tell me you saw that," The tan boy squeaked in mortification behind his hands, his voice muffled, "but of course you friggin' saw that..." After all, nothing escaped August's eyes which were as sharp as his house emblem's were.

"So you have a girlfriend, huh?" Amara asked, elbowing him in the ribs, her commentary making the blush draw out of his face immediately as he paled instead. "Ask her to give you a little snog session then. Your headache will poof before you can even realize it."

"By Merlin, no!" Romeo yelped and threw his hands up, louder than he had intended to, which made him immediately wince in pain and grab his head with a little hiss. After a second when he felt like the pain had subdued enough, he looked at the red haired girl and hurried to deny the whole thing before the misunderstanding would snowball even further, now lowering his voice. "She's not my girlfriend. I was a victim! A victim, Ferguson! She attacked me and... I dunno, I was tipsy and it seemed rude to push her away and-- and--"

Then the brown eyes flew at August, the gaze accusatory along with a very dramatically pointing finger. "And you were there watching the whole time I was being publicly molested and didn't do anything! What a freaking closet creep!" Romeo feigned being even more outraged than he actually was. In fact, even if the whole thing was really embarrassing, it did not mean that he took it too seriously. Then, the pointing finger turned to point at the redhead, nearly poking her in the nose. "I do not have a girlfriend. And don't ever say that out loud when she might..." At this point, Romeo finally realized to look around himself and over his shoulder to make sure Melinda Geralds was not within earshot. "...Hear it. She will probably kill me. I'll just rather pretend it never happened unless she comes to me about it and wanted it to happen. But I have a rather good feeling that she rather forgets about it. I think she was more pissed than I was, with all the drinks she chugged down. Snogging isn't exactly her kind of behavior. I rather not have her more embarrassed than she already is. Please."

With that thought, Romeo could not help but feel a little tinge of guilt. It really was not Melinda's kind of behavior, and he should have known better being the more sober one of the two. He should have stopped her, even if she did come out of the blue at him and was a really good kisser. The pointing finger returned back to August, and then also to Amarie, jumping between the two.

"This also means the two of you. You never heard or saw anything, understood?" The boy squinted his chocolate brown eyes at the two of them, trying to be intimidating and failing miserably. "Or I will write a nasty, embarrassing song about you two and sing it in front of the whole student body during dinner. Do not test me."

Characters mentioned/interacted with:
@WishfulNemo - August Yilmaz, Melinda Geralds
@Gules - Amara Ferguson
@Umbra - Amarie Connell

((Collab Post b/w ILovePandas, Azzy, and I. Sorry this took so stinking long, guys. Godmodded Seri at the very end a bit, but that was done with permission.))

oie_IqW69lUQzFPp2.jpg
517575595_zpsqckx7mry.jpg

◊ Entrance Hall ◊
The distraught girl looked at Avery with glassy eyes, clearly on the verge of tears. She shook her head and kept looking around. At him. At the wall. At the floor. Like she was in a dream. The Slytherin waited patiently, half expecting her to refuse to tell him what was going on. It hadn't been his right to ask any-. All of a sudden, though not much to his surprise, she burst into tears. "H-he's gone..." She sobbed, ineffectually trying to brush her tears away. His eyes widened in surprise. Who was? "He's d-" it took a bit for her to get the sentence out, properly, "He's dead." Avery had no idea who she was talking about, but his heart went out to her seeing that look of raw pain on her face, clearly visible even behind the palms she pressed to her eyes. A dozen different thoughts sped through his head, but none of them offered a good solution to the grief of a death. He didn't know enough about her to know how to comfort her, where she best liked to go, who she trusted most. All he knew was that it was not a good idea to stay right out here in the open. It was his fault. He shouldn't have stopped her before she reached the relative privacy of her own room.

A bit lost about what else he could do, Avery leaned down and very very softly wrapped his arms around her, rubbing her back in soothing motions. "I'm sorry." He said, quietly, but with absolute sincerity. "I'm so sorry."

She didn't know what to do at this point. The ginger girl simply melted into the soft embrace of the boy who took it upon himself to try and comfort her. She pressed her face into his chest, and simply let out the sobs, and the wails. She cried, and cried for what to her seemed like hours. It was merely a few long minutes until she fell silent, her hands clenched in balls around folds of Avery's robes. She seemed to have gotten out all of the tears, and no more would flow in her eyes. She was now just numb as she stood there in the Slytherin's embrace, "Thank you, Avy...." She murmured into his chest. "Thank you...for trying to comfort me." She sighed, and took a step back, dual colored eyes peering up at him, red and puffy.

He continued to hug her, feeling a bit uncomfortable and exposed. Finally, she didn't seem to have any tears left to cry and stepped away from him, looking a bit like a pufferfish. Avy, huh? That was new. "Anyone would have done the same." He said, shaking his head, slightly. "You don't have to thank me." Pulling away from her to give her space, but still trying to shield her from the Entrance Hall, he shifted a little, his eyes flickering towards the Great Hall doors before looking back down at Seriphim. "Would you like me to take you back to your dorms? Or is there somewhere else you'd like to go or something you'd like to do?" He asked, gently.

The girl shrugged her shoulder at all of his question. And many there were. She really didnt know what to do at this point. "I think....it would be best for me to just have some friendly company. Being by myself right now..." she fell silent, and let her eyes fall to the ground once more. "I just don't want to be alone right now." she murmured lightly. Unfortunately for them both, her head was still pounding, and the urge to vomit was stronger than ever. She wrapped her arms around her stomach as if it would help the nausea, and took a deep, shaky breath in.

Seriphim's request was understandable, but Avery wasn't sure he could be much company. He barely knew the girl. He opened his mouth to respond, but she wrapped her arms around her stomach and looked like she was about to be sick. The motion silenced him long enough for him to hear the sound of approaching footsteps...

ff044d9c-e05f-4f20-aa34-da08393659dc.jpg

After abruptly excusing herself from the Hufflepuff table Rose hurried past the other house tables as she followed after Seri. The other Hufflepuff girl was already out of sight but the whispers and mutters caused by her dramatic exit remained. Rose tried to appear calm as she felt several eyes and whispers directed upon herself now. No need to add to the hype by running after the distraught Seri. Hopefully within the course of the day the event would be forgotten so Seri could grieve in private. Though thanks to last night's events most of the students in the upper years were absent. That might help stifle some rumors for now.

As Rose neared the double doors she smiled distractedly in greeting to some passing students before escaping into the entrance hall. On a whim she glanced around for Seri. Rose was surprised to find her friend still in the entrance hall, although the bright hair was easy to spot. Red hair mingled with dark locks as Avery cautiously approached Seri and addressed her gently. He must have seen what had transpired at the Hufflepuff table. Rose felt grateful for his gracious intervention. Seri collapsed forward into Avery and he held her up in his arms like a pillar. After a moment Seri seemed to find her strength and the two separated. Rose then quietly approached them.

"I just dont want to be alone right now." Seri was saying.

"Seri..." Rose said as she joined the two, intending to return the letter to Seri. But with Seri's hands drenched in tears and busy holding her face it didn't seem like the right moment to give her the piece of paper that had altered her world. Lost for words, Rose turned to Avery. "Hi, Avery, thank you." She meant thanks for caring about Seri and trying to help. And not to mention thanks for returning Rose's wand to her during the party the previous night. But, again, Rose was a little lost for words. She hoped he understood what she meant. Rose turned back to the other Hufflepuff girl. "Do you want to go somewhere more quiet? Or talk to Head of House...? Or I could if you're not up to it..." Rose knew she wanted to be there for her friend but other than that she felt a little helpless in that moment. The only family member of Rose's that had died was her grandma and that had been before Rose was old enough to form a relationship with her. Rose had never really lost someone close to her and while she could imagine it and empathize with Seri, she wasn't exactly sure how to help her through it. She didn't know what procedures to follow next.

Avery took a couple more steps away from Seri and looked towards the oncoming Hufflepuff instead, shifting uncomfortably when she thanked him. He wasn't really sure what she was thanking him for. For comforting Seriphim? Why would she thank him for that? The other girl was not her responsibility that Rose had to thank him on her behalf. Maybe it was more to fill the silence. It didn't matter. It was good she was here. A friend was better than a stranger. Quietly, he offered more to Rose than to Seriphim, "Why don't I go inform the Head of House, instead? You should stay with her, maybe return her to the dorms. I'm sure she needs a friend right now." Between the two of them, Rose was probably the better option. Addressing Seriphim again, he said, "That is, if it's alright with you."

Rose couldn't help but notice that Avery seemed to be as uncomfortable as she felt. Seri still looked completely nonplussed and devastated. Standing out in the open like this wasn't doing any of them any favors, but Rose wasn't quite sure what to do next. As if he had read her mind, Avery turned his shoulder away from Seri to give himself and Rose a private moment. When he offered to inform Head of House of Seri's predicament and suggested the two girls return to their dorms, Rose nodded in agreement.

"Ok, that sounds like a good idea. Thanks." Rose thanked Avery then turned to address her friend. "Do you want to go back to the dorms?" She asked Seri.

Rose hadn't even waited for Seriphim to speak before she approved of his suggestion, asking a question of her own. He could understand the desire to take charge when a friend was in trouble, but it was important to him that the actual person involved be okay with it first. It was clearly a private matter after all, and she might not feel that he had the right to get involved. He could tell that the two of them were overwhelming the grief-stricken girl slightly, and so kept his distance and his mouth shut. She didn't seem to know what to say. For a long moment, none of them said anything, which only made the hustle and bustle of people coming and going more obvious. A couple of curious on-lookers stopped and gawked, causing Avery to glance uneasily at them. He wanted to shoo them away, but then Seriphim would notice - if she hadn't already - and wouldn't that just make her day more lovely than it already was?

As if triggered by the added pressure of their questions, Seriphim burst into tears again with something that sounded like, "Just do whatever you want!" Which he basically took as permission to leave and take matters to the Head of House.

But first, "Rose, I'll leave her to you. You should probably take Seriphim back to the dorms." The suggestion was spoken more firmly than he'd said it the first time. The longer they stayed out here, the longer the rumors would grow. "I'll take the letter to the Head of House." He asserted, not wanting to waste too much time. He gave her a nod to be polite, and, with a quiet, "excuse me," left the two girls together, trusting that the other girl would do what was best for her friend, even if he wasn't there to stare over her shoulder about it.

@Azzy, @ILovePandas

6fpqc9.jpg

[glow=blue]❤ Hogwarts :: Entrance Hall ❤[/glow]

She found herself wondering if August was in charge of the Orchestra club, seeing as he was the one who approached her about it. Usually, people who took the initiative in cases likes these tended to have a lot invested in it. Those people were usually the ones with the positions. It didn't really matter either way, Hazel just wanted to be able to play. Of course, if she had to audition she wondered what she should do. She hadn't really given it much thought, or rather she hadn't had the time to give it much thought. Now that she thought about it, narrowing it down to one of the many instruments she played and choosing just one song would be harder than she originally thought. Presentation and delivery were everything. She needed to show off her skills and give a good first impression at the same time. If she was going to audition sometime soon then she also needed to practice. Waiting for the answer to her questions, she kept her blue eyes locked on August's green ones. He opened his mouth to say something but didn't get the chance because they were both distracted by a shout.

"Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! I'm going to kill you!"

Hazel's eyebrows furrowed together as she followed August's lead and turned a bit in the direction the noise was coming from. She wondered what all the commotion was about? It had certainly managed to peak her interests. There was a blonde girl who seemed to be chasing after her pet, an otter was it? That was an interesting choice in a pet, Hazel noted. Anyway, it seemed the otter felt like playing a friendly game of cat and mouse with its master, no harm there right? Except the owner seemed to think the opposite. It was obvious the owner was flustered and embarrassed by her pet's sudden interest to be naughty though that didn't seem to bother the otter. It dashed off again, too quick for its owner to react in time, though, she did try. Diving through the legs of a redheaded girl, the blonde narrowly missed the leash on her pet. In her frustration, she let loose a string of threats towards her pet that made Hazel raise her eyebrows in surprise.

Hazel's eyes were wide as she watched the comical scene unfold and she couldn't help but feel that this was some sort of makeshift slapstick comedy act. Hogwarts sure was interesting that was for sure, something new always seemed to be happening. Hazel couldn't help but feel bad for the blonde girl though, she was being made a fool of by her own pet otter, that was embarrassing in and of itself. It seemed like she wasn't the only one who thought that way, she noticed movement out of the corner of her eye. She glanced in August's direction right as he muttered, "Immobulus." Hazel recognized that as a freezing charm, which was directed towards the otter. As soon as the spell connected with the otter, it was frozen and August went to retrieve it. "I hope you don't mind it if the otter is unable to move for a while, Connell?" How nice of him to help her out, hopefully, the blonde girl wouldn't be too upset.

Hazel blinked, clutching her book to her chest, now she was left in an awkward position. Should she follow after August or just stay behind. She didn't really know these people so why would she go to them? Then again she had told herself numerous times today to forget about that factor. Seems that bad habits really do die hard. Still, the theme of this year was to get out of her comfort zone and she planned to do just that. Besides these people didn't seem too bad. Except for the blonde one, she was kind of scary. All the threats that she made earlier gave her that impression, though. Taking a deep breath, Hazel hesitantly followed after August.

"How is your head, Ro?" Hazel caught August saying as she silently made her way over to them. This 'Ro' he referred to must be the other boy in the group. "And where is your Juliet, or rather Melinda?" August added with an amused tone.

Juliet? As in Romeo and Juliet? The timeless Shakespearean play that happened to be near and dear to her heart? That one? Why had he said that? Suddenly the nickname 'Ro' made so much more sense. Hazel deduced that his name was none other than Romeo, which was pretty fucking awesome if you asked her. Not everyone shared her love for Shakespeare, actually she was sure that there were few people in the world that did. Seeing as her mother had named her after a character in her favorite book, which Hazel grew more annoyed with by the day, she could only assume this Romeo, was like that too. But assuming things never got her far. Maybe she was wrong, maybe he liked his name. Basing things like this off her own personal experience was tactless of her, and she should've known better.

"She's not my girlfriend. I was a victim! A victim, Ferguson! She attacked me and... I dunno, I was tipsy and it seemed rude to push her away and-- and--" Romeo sputtered, a blush on his cheeks. Hazel blinked as her blue orbs peeked out from behind August to check out the scene. Hazel was confused, she had zoned off for a moment and missed something important in the conversation. "And you were there watching the whole time I was being publicly molested and didn't do anything! What a freaking closet creep!" He added with a glare towards August as the boy amped up the dramatics. He continued his little rant, checking to see if the girl, Melinda if she remembered correctly, was around before continuing. Hazel wasn't really following, everything but she understood a bit. From her knowledge earlier she knew there was a party last night, this must be where those unfortunate turn of events occurred. Alcohol did weird things to people that was for sure, Hazel noted.

"This also means the two of you. You never heard or saw anything, understood?" The brown eyed boy said to August and the other girl, "Or I will write a nasty, embarrassing song about you two and sing it in front of the whole student body during dinner. Do not test me."

That was it, Hazel couldn't help the giggle that slipped from her lips. It was short but enough to make her presence noticed. She didn't mean to laugh, it was just that this whole intimidation thing the boy was doing was more comical than intimidating. She pressed her lips into a firm line as she covered her mouth with her hand and looked away. So much for not drawing attention to herself, she really did it this time. After she settled down the nervousness came back. Due to her actions they knew she was around now, which meant she needed to socialize which she wasn't too good at. It made her tummy feel weird. Like a nervous ball of energy was just bouncing around inside. But she wouldn't get better without practice, still, she was wondering why she chose this moment of all times to practice. She should've thought through this plan some more.
Characters Mentioned:

@WishfulNemo > August Yilmaz & Melinda Geralds

@Umbra > Amarie Connell

@Gules > Amara Ferguson

@Wicked > Romeo Cooper

Last edited:
Amarie%20Banner2_opt_opt_zpsnfbsapr2.jpg

liftarn_Divider_3right2_opt%201_opt_zpsesohoz8q.png
Entrance Hall
liftarn_Divider_3left2_opt_opt_zpsbvlckiv3.png

end-divider-01TOP_zpsmtcg7iuq.png

As Amarie lay on the floor she felt heat rising to her cheeks, her temper had yet again gotten the better of her. She looked up at the girl she had dove through the legs of, she had bent down and was offering a hand to Amarie, "Come on, let's move you up to your feet again." Giving a half smile, Amarie took the proffered hand and struggled to her feet, "Sorry about that, he's just been more trouble than anything this entire morning, he usually isn't this bad…" A blush spread across her face, "Not that that, er, excuses any of the stuff I just said. I, well, I can get carried away now and again, and I'm terribly sorry for that…"

Just then August showed up with a strangely still otter in tow, "I hope you don't mind it if the otter is unable to move for a while, Connell?" Amarie shot an eyebrow up, thoroughly relived that the otter wouldn't be running rampant where he would play some mischief on someone who would actually hurt him. "Thank you, I don't know what I would have done if he had gotten into trouble elsewhere." She gave August a half smile as she took the proffered lead.

Amarie was immensely relieved when the conversation turned from her to Romeo, and who he happened to have snogged last night. "And where is your Juliet, or rather Melinda?" August smiled at Romeo with a glint in his eye. A squeak escaped from Romeo as he hid his face in his hands, "Please don't tell me you saw that, but of course you friggin' saw that…" Amarie grinned at Romeo's mortification, sure it wasn't very nice, but hey, that didn't stop his reaction from being funny. The red haired girl elbowed Romeo's side, "So you have a girlfriend, huh? Ask her to give you a little snog session then. Your headache will poof before you can even realize it." Romeo's red face turned instantly pale at her mention of "girlfriend". "By Merlin, no!" He shrieked, grabbing his head in what could only be pain before continuing, "She's not my girlfriend. I was a victim! A victim, Ferguson! She attacked me and... I dunno, I was tipsy and it seemed rude to push her away and-- and--"

Half listening to the rest of Romeo's rant, Amarie stroked Joki's head, sending calming thoughts to the otter, who was certainly not calm although his body was. He was panicking and Amarie's brow creased with worry, he'd probably be a shivering mess once he wasn't frozen anymore. 'It's all for your own good,' she thought at him, 'and really, you have no one to blame but yourself…' She frowned at the otter, hopefully he'd learned his lesson, at least for a little while.

Amarie was pulled back into the conversation as Romeo pointed a finger at her and then August, "This also means the two of you. You never heard or saw anything, understood?" He gave them both what had to be his most menacing glare, which certainly didn't give the intended fear factor, as he looked pretty silly, "Or I will write a nasty, embarrassing song about you two and sing it in front of the whole student body during dinner. Do not test me." At that Amarie lost it, she had been trying to keep a serious face as he lectured them and the last part just broke her concentration, a muffled laugh spilled out as she pictured Romeo standing on a table belting out a song at the top of his voice.

A giggle brought Amarie's attention to a girl standing slightly behind August, she had long black hair and Amarie was certain she hadn't seen the girl around before. Catching the girls bright blue eyes, Amarie grinned at her, at least she wasn't the only one who found this whole scene rather comical now that she had had time to step away and look at it from a different angle.

Turning her attention back to Romeo she tried to look solemnly at him, "I swear I shall tell no soul of who you snogged last night, and I'll bet you're not just wanting to keep this quiet for Melinda's sake, I wonder if she even remembers, because it seems to me that you'd have more than just a headache if she knew…" Amarie fought off the smile that threatened to break over her face, "Anyway, I happen to not know the names of two of the people here," she nodded at the red haired girl, "though you do seem a little familiar to me." She smiled winningly at the two girls, "I'm Amarie! Who are you both?"

end-divider-02BOTTOM_zpsdqlehdbk.png

liftarn_Divider_3right2_opt%201_opt_zpsesohoz8q.png
Characters Mentioned/Interacted With
liftarn_Divider_3left2_opt_opt_zpsbvlckiv3.png

Romeo Cooper - @Wicked
Amara Ferguson - @Gules
August Yilmaz & Melinda Geralds - @WishfulNemo
Hazel Mbali - @Misaou

ooc: Permission given to godmod Charlotte and Oswin. For more information, and to check up on the player activity status of the members, please refer to the blog.

full

As always Felix was the big gentleman of the group, talking and moving around as he spoke animatedly without much of a break. The Irish boy was always overflowing with energy, attempting to cover up whatever awkwardness was in the air. Smirking a little the Weasel stared at the boy, silently shaking his head. The try-hard, he thought, entertained at Felix's attempt to keep the party of five alive, though, he was admittedly the only life of this group.

"There is no getting between you and your word-flood, right, Felix?" Garaile grinned at the boy as he was offering a seat to Charlotte. The eerie girl took the Hufflepuff's offer with a silent 'thank you,' the expression in that marble face of hers never changing. Such an odd presence she was.

However, it seemed that he had others to worry about, as Adam decided to speak up. Shifting his gaze over to the Hufflepuff Garaile stared at the pureblood before forming his mouth into an 'o', an expression of surprise settling itself on his face. He hadn't expected to hear the usually bashful boy speak. To be talked back at was something the journalist got used at for his job, Hogwarts was after all filled with sassy students, so snarky comment and witty remarks were part of his daily routine. Of course, the few threats he got thrown into his direction for these who didn't appreciate his work, should be included as well. However, to think that the day would come that the 'potato' would think of talking back to him! Admittedly, the reply was soft and could have easily been missed, but being the observer he was the Slytherin had caught onto it and taken a note for himself. Perhaps that Adam wasn't as shy and meek as he came across. Another mask unveiled.

"I'm sorry, but did you say something, Adam?" Garaile smirked at the boy, wondering if he had the guts to repeat what he had said earlier. Probably not, if the way the pureblood was twisting and turning his shirt was any sort of an indication. "I must be growing deaf, I swore I heard you say something," he continued, putting a finger into his ear and wiggled it as if he was cleaning the dirt out. "Well wouldn't that be an awful fate for the great m—"

He dropped his act when Oswin turned around sharply, rolling one last time with her eyes, and left in silence. It seems that she had finally caught onto Garaile's intention to rid himself of her, or that she had decided that she had enough herself. In any case, it didn't matter for both had the desired effect that made her leave. Now if she would keep up the act…

"Oh?" Looking up quasi-surprised Garaile sat up a little, an arm going up into the air. "Toodles, miss Ravenwood!" Garaile waved at his fellow Slytherin as he watched her retreat, a look of triumph in his eyes as he turned back to Adam. What did the little boy say again? Turning back to the rest of the group the Weasel clasped his hands together, excited to start a new round of gossips. "We--ll?" he breathed dramatically, extending the 'e' with a voice that signified no good from him. "How did you all enjoy my little act last night?" Garaile jokingly started. He might as well figure out what had happened after he left the place. Perhaps that something scandalous had happened after that he left.

Characters mentioned/involved:
@Azzy – Oswin Ravenwood
@VocaStar – Charlotte Monrova
@Ritual Lobotomy – Felix Bell
@Nougat – Adam Harrison​

Last edited:
2qbwqxu.jpg

[glow=green] Great Hall [/glow]

Sabrina squinted her eyes back at him over the table, her whole being challenging him right back as per usual. "They don't fucking stink, I don't fucking stink, you just have a weird goddamn nose." She retorted, earning a scoff from the Bulgarian boy. Shaking her head at him she began to butter a toast, "Oh, and you've done plenty by the way, but who's keeping track right?" She added sarcastically before biting down on the bread, the melt butter sticking to her lips and coating them with an oily shine.

Jay opened his mouth, but realized he really had no defense against that, so he closed it with a huff. Between causing the half-veela grey hairs here and now and punching her ex-boyfriend publicly... What could he say? He was kind of high maintenance friend in a way. His quietly pondering expression changed into a sheepish little smile that tugged his lips for few seconds before it was gone again, and his face settled back into its more typical frown.

"...Well, you still stink, though." Jay said as if it was any kind of argument of sorts that would close down this discussion. He had lost this round, he had to give it to Sabrina. And he was serious, the perfume was strong enough to be nauseating for him from this distance. Turning his attention to the food that he had collected on his plate, Jay came into realization that he was not hungry. Which was weird, as it was morning and the last time he had eaten was yesterday. He knew his stomach was empty and the hollow feeling inside told him it needed nourishment. But he simply could not find himself feeling the usual need to devour his food like he had never seen it before.

The half-breed boy poked a fork experimentally into a sausage, and lifted up the speared specimen and examined it cautiously with his eyes. Then he took a small tentative bite out of the meat, and chewed slowly. The taste was alright, there was nothing wrong with it. Well maybe it tasted a little blander than before, kind of like the tea. He just... did not want to eat it. He did not want to eat. What kind of sorcery was this? He loved food. It was almost like he had no appetite, and for Jayden Everdragomir, that was completely unheard of. Settling the still speared sausage down and pushing the plate away from himself, Jay took another sip of his tea, wondering if he had been hexed.

"So you won't mind what people might say about you wearing that?" Jay asked, deciding to try and wait out if his stomach was just waking up slower today, "I mean... You know?" He shrugged, unable to find the words what he wanted to say, before continuing, "Other than the stupid perfume I don't mind but... Don't take it as a habit. I'm not sharing my wardrobe with you permanently because I have little clothes as it is. And what do I do when I run out of mine before the elves have time to wash them? Use yours?"

He leaned back, sniffling his yet again running nose and peered casually the people around in the Great Hall, taking a sip of his tea and mumbling into it. "Well, at least that would give them something to talk about, I suppose..."

As he was looking around, the blue orbs fell onto a familiar figure, sitting several seats away from her usual spot. Kiyoko was eating her breakfast in silence, but not alone; the earlier tomcat was with her, prying onto some scraps that she could spare. Jay was not sure how to feel about her obvious intentional need to avoid the regular seat on his side of the table. He had understood the yesterday's fight between her and Sabrina had been bad, but it only now started dawning on him how bad it actually was. Was the seat next to him going to be empty tomorrow, too? And the day after that? Was she going to avoid him as long as Sabrina was around? How was he going to fix this?

He let out a long sigh as he turned back around to face the front, staring at a fruit bowl with a frown and ran his hand through his dark messy hair. Jay was not socially agile enough to doctor the wounded relationship between the girls. And to be honest, if they were going to break their relationship over one fight and not care enough to fix it themselves, he guessed it had not meant much for either of them in the first place. It did not mean that it would not leave him in any less complicated position though.

He suddenly felt a little woozy in the head, recognizing the feeling from back in the dungeons. So when his vision faded out into grey-ish white for a second, Jay was expecting it. He leaned his face into his hand and squeezed his eyes shut, only glad that he was sitting down this time. The only thing was that he did not lay the tea mug down fast enough from his hand, because suddenly his fingers did not have enough strength and it slipped his grasp just an inch away from the wooden surface and toppled down on the table. The warm drink spilled all over and trickled down the edge, but Jay did not find himself enough to give a damn. Even if it was a such a shame spoiling such a good tea like that.

Once the worst seemed to be over, he sat back up, blinking the spots from his vision, confusion spread all over his face. Jay felt it again; like his muscles were weak and his body tired. And warm. Almost unbearably warm now. He was quite sure he was sweating a bit this time now. But hey, at least he was not feeling cold anymore, so that was a plus?

@Misaou - Sabrina Gallagher
@Namora - Kiyoko Oshiro

[fieldbox=Hogwarts; Entrance Hall , yellowgreen, solid] August grinned at the embarrassment of his friend that grew greater as Amara threw in her own comments. He hadn't really thought of how it would come across to others, however, the cluelessness of the Hufflepuff made the joke all the better. That Romeo was frantically trying to explain himself made the whole situation better for August, who was by now chuckling lightly to hold back a laugh. He knew for a fact that Melinda wasn't around, so she really was nothing to worry about, but of course he wouldn't spoil that to the Gryffindor.

"You seemed enjoyably occupied," the foreigner coolly replied, but he couldn't hide his own amusement over the whole scene that the other was causing. He knew that the goodhearted boy was truly worried over Melinda herself, his own wellbeing being one of his lesser concerns, however the whole fuss he made and the way he presented it could have suggested otherwise when linked with his previous words. "Are you sure that is what happened?" he questioned his friend in good humour. "I only watched briefly, but you were holding her quite intimately. I believe Savage and O'Connell can vouch for me there," he continued musing. If he had the personality for it he would have added a wink behind the sentence, but alas, Romeo would have to do with a mentally given wink.

However, to everything came an end and with Romeo's threat the Ravenclaw rose up both his hands, as if admitting defeat. That wasn't the case though, he was simply resting the case for now. Though he had no intention of spreading it throughout the whole school he did plan to tease the Gryffindor more about it in private. After all, if he was going to react this pricelessly each time it was worth to keep around.

Hearing a giggle erupting behind of him the Turk turned back to Hazel, who was standing not too far behind of him. He had almost forgotten about the transfer and his attempts to rope her into the Orchestra, but he was glad that she hadn't left yet. The girl was hiding herself away again after the small sound she made, seemingly embarrassed at attracting attention. The boy could understand the feeling. It was after all not easy to be the new kid in a huge school where everyone seemed to know each other. Smiling reassuringly to the new student August waved for her to come closer, stepping aside a little to make room. All he really could do was include her, whether she accepted this gesture was to her own decision.

Fortunately Amarie seemed to make that advance as well, after vowing solemnly that she wouldn't tell a soul about the story. August could trust that most of them would keep their mouths shut about the ordeal, everyone except from these called Garaile, but he seemed to be (still) occupied in the Hospital Wing. A place August planned to avoid for a long, long, while if he could.

"I'm Amarie! Who are you both?" The blonde Gryffindor introduced herself, smiling widely at both the senior and at the transfer.

"Connell here is also part of the orchestra," August turned to Hazel. "She plays the French Horn," he explained with a soft smile before realising that he had forgotten something earlier. "I play the piano, by the way," he added before his eyes went over to Amara, a thoughtful look taking over. Should he, or should he not? The girl after all did drop out of the orchestra, why he didn't know, but he did know that he found it a great shame. "And I believe you were part of the orchestra as well, right?" The foreigner decided to vaguely mention it anyway, to test the waters and see if the senior wished to talk about. However, something told him that this wasn't the case.
[/fieldbox]
@Wicked - Romeo Cooper
@Misaou - Hazel Mbali
@Umbra - Amarie Connell
@Gules - Amara Ferguson

Last edited:
ZY15E9P.png

A look of surprise settled on Zed's face upon hearing Alistair. 'To meet your fiancé,' the Gryffindor male replied, obviously having failed to grasp the rhetorical nature of the question. Without warning, he grabbed Alistair by the wrist and dragged him across the field, giving the latter no opportunity whatsoever to protest. 'Mel~vin~' Zed called out to Melinda in a singsong voice. Displeased with the sudden turn of events, Alistair twisted his wrist in Zed's grasp. He reached for his wand with his free hand in a last-ditch effort to break free, but it was too late; Zed had already gotten Mel's attention.

The small girl was now storming her way towards them, her wand aimed determinedly at Zed. Alistair was not sure whether to feel intimidation or amusement upon seeing the girl point her wand so resolutely at his brother, what with her small stature and all. It took quite a bit of effort to take Melinda seriously at times, and her height was mostly to blame. But Alistair had the common sense not to try and provoke her. He had known that ever since they were children, though it seemed the same could not be said about his twin brother, who was now the object of Melinda's apparent wrath. Not that Alistair minded very much. He had no intention of saving Zed from what was to come, as doing so would require some unnecessary effort on his part. Moreover, he did not want to anger Mel further. Being in the good graces of one's prospective fiancé was important. Besides, this was much more interesting.

Alistair watched with amusement as Melinda casted a silencing spell upon his brother. He could not help but laugh, then. 'It is Melinda, you troll,' the girl seethed as soon as she reached the pair, giving Zed a swift kick in the leg for good measure. Thankfully, Alistair was spared from the Mel's wrath in spite of his brother's careless actions. He gave Zed a pat in the back. 'Silence becomes you, brother' He remarked in between chuckles, but his laughter was cut short when he noticed a new addition to the group: Madi. Freaking blood traitors, Alistair thought, his smile quickly turning into a frown. He gave Madi a good sneer before turning back to Mel, who was now speaking again.

'Now, what is this about?' Mel asked, her eyes now fixated on Alistair. The boy was not able to respond as quickly as he would have liked, however, for just then an owl swooped by and dropped a thick package in Mel's hands. For a moment, the girl was distracted by the owl, but in time she tucked the letter under her arm and turned her attention back to the group. Alistair's eyes lingered on the letter for half a moment. 'Well?' Mel questioned impatiently, raising an eyebrow. This did a great deal to hurt Alistair's pride, though the male made an effort not to show it. The traces of amusement on Alistair's face were now long gone.

'We're engaged,' Alistair said bluntly, seeing no reason to break the news in a gentle manner. It was good news after all -- something that should benefit both their families and that he had been expecting for quite some time. He simply assumed Melinda felt the same. 'That letter should discuss the details surrounding the engagement, assuming it came from your family of course.' Alistair continued, nodding at the letter that was in Mel's possession.
Characters Mentioned/Interacted With:
Melinda Geralds (@WishfulNemo)
Zedekiah Blackbourne (@darkflames13)
Madison Van Reeden (@Misaou)

mLFjvMK.jpg

WHERE : Entrance Hall

"By Merlin, no!" She blinked, surprised, at that sudden outburst. Was the boy that averse to the concept of kissing and cuddling? Amara was completely oblivious to the fact that she had contributed to a joke which was aimed at Romeo. But when he started to explain the situation, or, well, at least revealed some fragments of it, she slowly but surely started to understand. He had been drunk at the party yesterday night, snogged a girl and here he was, ready to climb into a burial case. Sounded pretty normal to her. Then again, who was Melinda Geralds anyway? She had heard rumors about her at most, but she wasn't able to link the name with a face. Her curiosity was piqued.

When Romeo almost poked his accusatory finger in her nose, she raised her hands in defense. One could almost see a nervous, anime-esque drop running down her temple. "Alright, alright, I got it. I will not mention this issue again." For now, anyway. If, perhaps, the two of them were to get to know each other better, Amara would have every intention of teasing him. Romeo was the first person she met so far, who freaked out as spectacularly and dramatically like he was doing to this very moment. The idea was tempting; and Amara was rarely one who resisted temptation. She blamed her namesake.

Then she heard a giggle.

Her blue gaze wandered from face to face -- when the hell had they become such a huge group? -- until it halted at a girl with an equally bright blue gaze. Pretty. She must have joined them only a few moments ago, either that or Amara was an ignorant daft.

"Anyway, I happen to not know the names of two of the people here," the owner of the wild otter gained her attention again, her timing impeccable, "though you do seem a little familiar to me." She smiled her, "I'm Amarie! Who are you both?" Suddenly, a tendril of anxiety clasped around her pulse. She seemed familiar to this girl? Romeo had said the same thing. It was such a strange feeling to bear; one of emptiness and devoid of certainty. Amara learned to live with it somehow, and although she looked fine, she wasn't. She found it impossible to fill this flawed, empty gap. It caused her discomfort beyond conception.

"Connell here is also part of the orchestra," the boy who had joined her and Romeo first, remarked. "She plays the French Horn," he explained. "I play the piano, by the way."

And there it was. A throbbing pain with the speed of lightning exploded inside her head. She made a small grimace and raised a hand to press it against her forehead. It was always like this whenever she was in the process of remembering something. The image of a boy who played the piano popped up. It was faint and the memory seemed distant, but it was there. Just who was he? "And I believe you were part of the orchestra as well, right?"

"Huh?" Amara removed her hand, and her grimace softened. He was talking to her? She knew that she used to play an instrument, but she was never told that she was part of the ochestra. "I-- I don't know? I can't remember." She paused. Wow. Saying those words hurt more than the actual pain in her head. The redhead bit on her lowerlip. She felt the need to explain her situation, otherwise she was sure that all those who listened in on their conversation would deem her a klutz. She tilted her head. "What's your name, if I may ask?" She studied the Ravenclaw intently now. "I'm sorry, in case we used to know each other. Obviously, you know me, but I can't recognize you at all. I'm not stupid, I swear. It's a long story, but-- basically, I'm suffering from amnesia."

CHARACTERS MENTIONED/INVOLVED
- Romeo Cooper (@Wicked)
- Amarie Conell (@Umbra)
- August Yilmaz (@WishfulNemo)
- Melinda Geralds (@WishfulNemo)
- Hazel Mbali (@Misaou)

zv8t36.jpg

[glow=red] Entrance Hall [/glow]

It seemed like nobody was really taking him seriously. But it was as he had expected, and it was alright, because Romeo did not take himself seriously at all either. They all laughed at his tremendously terrible threat, and the boy who was still pointing at his finger mainly at August, quirked his eyebrow up as if he was silently asking if the pianist really wanted to risk it. The Gryffindor would do it. And sing it along with his damn ukulele, too. And nobody could stop him. They should have all been petrified in terror in his personal opinion. Especially August, because the guy knew that Romeo could write lyrics well, and excelled especially in the parody department. And the Ravenclaw did raise his hands in surrender in the end, and inside his head Romeo complimented the other boy for his smart move. That's right August, that's right. Be afraid.

However, a certain unfamiliar giggle eventually stood out from the rest, and the others also noted it. August turned towards the sound, and since he was in the way, Romeo could not really see past him well enough to figure out who it was behind him. The short boy stood on his tiptoes and craned his neck, trying to look past the Ravenclaw but with little to no results. Thankfully August moved away to give room, waving a girl behind him to get closer and into their small circle of friends. She was definitely a pretty thing, with her dark hair and caramel colored skin, not too many shades different from his own. But as per usual for someone with such features you would be thinking that they would be sporting brown eyes like Romeo did. In her case, it was not it. She had the most brilliant blue eyes; azure like cloudless skies, turquoise like tropical oceans, brilliant like sparkling sapphires. He could go endlessly poetic about them. Romeo blinked, admiring her exotic features in stunned silence. She was the kind of girl that people wrote songs about, because she was really beautiful.

But she also seemed really shy. The dark haired boy realized to drop back on the balls of his feet again and close his mouth that had gone slack jawed at the sight of her. He could not really help it, she was quite the sight. Even if he was not feeling sexual attraction towards girls almost, well, ever, it did not mean that Romeo would not know when to appreciate beauty when it was right in front of him. And lets face it, this one was a real stunner.

August seemed familiar with her, and possibly completely immune to her charms as he seemed to be when it came to almost all of the girls. Romeo had early on figured that romance simply was not the Ravenclaw's scene, and it was one of the reasons why the two really got along. Even if Romeo himself was a romantic at heart, he did not really care for the talks about girls and their, uh, assets and who you wanted to snog the most. With most of the other guys Romeo always felt a little out of place and awkward during the topic of sex. And with August, you never had to stress over talks like those, because with him, there never was any. August was solid, humble and sensible. With him, Romeo did not have to worry about seeming weird for tactically changing topics or excusing himself entirely. So seeming August so unaffected by this girl really did not come off as any kind of surprised to him.

Amarie interrupted his curious gawking by turning to him and speaking up; "I swear I shall tell no soul of who you snogged last night, and I'll bet you're not just wanting to keep this quiet for Melinda's sake, I wonder if she even remembers, because it seems to me that you'd have more than just a headache if she knew…"

Romeo felt his brow settle into a confused frown over her words. Why would he not want to keep this quiet only for Melinda's sake? Why wou-- oh. Wait. Yeah. She thought he wanted to keep a low profile for his own reputation and possibly for avoiding Melinda's wrath. Romeo's expression changed under the realization, and he just shrugged at her, not caring really to explain himself to his housemate. If Amarie thought Romeo had his own motives behind it, he would let her think that if she wanted. But the truth was that he did not really care about it that much. It was embarrassing, but it was not going to destroy his world if the whole school knew that he had been snogging a girl last night a little bit. Which the whole school by now probably did, now that he thought about it. He came into a quick conclusion that his days were probably numbered and he should start writing his will, because Melinda would most probably Avada Kedavra him on sight.

Maybe he should be worried about this for his own sake, too. If he was not before, now would be a good moment to start.

Meanwhile Romeo had been worrying in silence, Amarie had proceeded with the conversation and talked to Amara and the girl who's name he did not yet know, and introduced herself. August took it up after that and decided to drop in a little summary about her being part of the Orchestra as a French Horn player. Romeo listened in curious silence now when the topic was music, realizing that August was roping the new girl into being part of the Orchestra. Could she play? What did she play? Was she good? Questions like these drowned out Romeo's worries as curiosity took over. However something in August's expression changed as he paused and looked at the red haired girl next to him, before he asked, almost carefully. "And I believe you were part of the orchestra as well, right?"

Romeo turned to look at Amara, eyeing her now curiously too. She used to be? But was not anymore? Why? The idea of someone dropping music was surreal to him. He loved it so much and it was such a huge part of him that the very idea of suddenly not singing anymore was... Yeah, he could never do it. Just completely, utterly out of the question. That would be the same thing as creating a Hocrux of his soul, sealing a part of it away somewhere and never looking at it again. But always and forever feeling that gaping hole that was torn away.

Amara had a little grimace on her face and she removed her hand from her face with a little "Huh?" once she realized the question was directed at her, and her expression softened. Romeo felt a little tinge of worry, wondering if she also had a headache like he did. He surely hoped that she was not hurting as much he was, because there was still steady throbbing pain behind his eyes and temples. It was not something that he could not deal with, it was just really irritating for having to deal with. "I-- I don't know? I can't remember." Amara paused, and Romeo felt more than little confused. She did not remember? She did not remember what? Being part of the Orchestra? How did you not remember being part of the Orchestra? Did she sleepwalk during every practice or what?

Something about her behavior made the Gryffindor however keep his questions to himself. Maybe it was the way her gaze darted awkwardly around, or the way she worried her lip with her teeth and was just overall emitting anxiety like a beacon. Amara seemed to gather herself, and tilted her head, questioning August now about his name and studied his face intently. Romeo's brown orbs darted between her and August now in silence, wondering what was going on and how did she not recognize him if she used to be part of the Orchestra. The whole situation was just odd. It was almost as if she had... forgotten.

"I'm sorry, in case we used to know each other. Obviously, you know me, but I can't recognize you at all. I'm not stupid, I swear. It's a long story, but-- basically, I'm suffering from amnesia."

Oh. Well, damn.

"That must suck." Romeo slipped it before he could take it back, and physically cringed at his own tactlessness. He was not entirely sure what he should say about it, but he was fairly sure that she did not want pity or a sympathetic conversation over a cup of tea and some scones. Because that would not make it better. "I mean, well, obviously. Duh. Sorry to hear about your condition."

He tried a small smile and a different approach. "At least it means you get to learn a lot of new firsts?" It ended up more like a question, because honestly he was not sure how her amnesia really worked and how much she had forgotten or how long it had been going on. "And," he continued as he casually threw his hand over her shoulder and squeezed her friendly against his side in a half hug, "you get to make new friends, amirite?" Romeo beamed a sincere smile at her.

He then proceeded to offer eagerly his free hand at the blue eyed beauty by August, also beaming his smile at her. "I'm Romeo Cooper, nice to meet you. You thinking of joining the Orchestra? If you play something, you definitely should. I'm not part of the Orchestra myself, but I'm in the Frog Choir. Sometimes we have co-joined practices together and we perform. Me and my mate August here sometimes jam together, he's a good accompanist."

By now he was casually leaning a little his weight on Amara. How fast he was getting comfortable with people that he had befriended practically two seconds ago was amazing. A skill, really. "Speaking of jamming," Romeo said, turning his gaze to August, "I would say we should have some today... But my head is killing me. I don't think I can sing. Unless anyone knows a reliable cure that does not grow me an extra head or give me a purple skin or something? I'd really want to spend my Saturday doing something fun instead of wasting it by trying to sleep it off in my bed, you know what I'm saying?"

@Umbra - Amarie Connell
@Gules - Amara Ferguson
@WishfulNemo - August Yilmaz, Melinda Geralds
@Misaou - Hazel Mbali

[fieldbox="Event, red, solid"][ ooc: Code Perfect Drama commence! I repeat, code Perfect Drama commence! Also, anyone who wants to be a Prefect now is your time to volunteer and snatch that position. ]

In the highest peak of the whole castle, a window in the Headmistress' tower opens. One by one, an owl swoops off in silence, and each comes in variety of different colors from white to black, grey to brown. As the wings flutter as they are send out like a flock, they all seem to circle the tower before heading each in different directions.

Each owl has a letter in their beaks as they circle about and swoop down at the sight of their targets. Some find open windows or doors to fly inside the castle, seeking the person their delivery is supposed to go. In the end, each Prefect of the school get an owl visiting them and giving the letter before swooping off again and heading back to the Owlery.

The envelope the Prefects get is a brownish parchment and has the official Hogwarts wax seal on it. The mere appearance of the letter strikes urgency and dread. What could it be?

raunn4.jpg

Once the seal is broken and the letter is opened, a piece of parchment with a fine black inked scrawl comes out. The ones who have exchanged letters before with the writer recognize it before they even get to read to the end. Some find it familiar, triggering their memories from previous official school letters they have had in the past. The message is curt but clear.

2ltfqlw.png

Well, now. This is awkward.

It seems that Miss Gallagher's hex in the cryptic Halloween invitation has backfired on several kids who have been either talking about the last night's party carelessly within the earshot of an authority figure, or some have outright tried tattling and failed, choking on slugs before they get to tell more than few words. The smart ones know to count together one plus one, realizing the half-veela has been again one step ahead with her peers and secured her reputation and House Points with a smart contract spell. There were already couple of such cases last night when the message was first revealed for the public.

Now this would not be such a big deal... Have not technically all sixth year Prefects from each House been in the said party that was breaking several school regulations. And would they all not be also bound by the contract spell. Speaking carelessly about it will doom each of them into a slug vomiting fate for several hours.

It seems like the staff has taken notice of the occurring hex and are now suspecting that a prankster is afoot and has gone into a prolonged Halloween trickstering. They now want the Prefects to keep an eye out for suspicious activity and report to the Head of their House by the end of the day with their findings. But due to their situation it seems the smartest to try to cover the case instead of unearthing it.

But how do they know no one is going to sell them out?

All Houses are competitive. Someone might turn the others in and gain points while others lose them. For the party attending Prefects this might not only mean shame and point losing, but possibly the removal of their badge and endless schedule of detention. This is serious.

Who can they trust? The Hufflepuffs, known for their honesty and playing fair which is definitely not the time to have such qualities? The Slytherins, known for their cunning and reaching for goals with whatever means, just waiting to stab you in the back? The Ravenclaws, the wise and knowledgeable, but the only House that does not require loyalty of any sorts? Or the Gryffindors, who are known for being reckless and loud and usually causing more trouble than they are worth? Who can they not trust? And most of all, how do they make sure everyone keeps in line and their gobs shut?

It seems like the smartest move among the Prefects would be to gather and discuss the situation among themselves and how to handle it, while keeping an eye each other. Your ally is your enemy and your enemy is your ally. It is time for Perfect Prefect Drama.

It is a Game of Houses.
May the Magic be with you,
and the odds forever in your favor.
[/fieldbox]

6fpqc9.jpg

[glow=blue]❤ Hogwarts :: Entrance Hall ❤[/glow]

It was just as she feared. As soon as the sound had escaped her lips everyone seemed to notice the extra body there. She knew this would happen, but she was almost positive she wasn't ready for it to actually happen. She felt so isolated even when the attention was on her. It was like someone was playing a game of 'what-does-not-belong' and found her. Of course, Hazel did prefer being on her own to a degree but this feeling was different. Feeling alone surrounded by a crowd was much more than actually being alone. She bit her lip nervously as August turned around towards her. Looking up into his bright emerald eyes she pleaded with him, with just a look to let her keep her hiding space, of course, that didn't work. He instead smiled and waved her to come closer, stepping aside to make room for her and all. A small sigh escaped her lips. She was supposed to be heading back to her room, she quickly glanced longingly at the stairs before pushing herself to take the space beside August.

Her heart was racing now, beating so loud she could hear it in her ears. She was almost afraid it would be so loud the others would hear. Which, of course, wasn't physically possible so she didn't have anything to really worry about. Except group conversations. It was okay, she could totally do this, as long as she stayed calm. Which she was not. She was making great conversation with other people earlier today, this shouldn't be so hard, right? Just a few extra people. Still, whenever Hazel thought she could handle something like this, she always screwed it up somehow. She would just have to listen more and talk less, that's all. Be normal, whatever that was for her.

"I'm Amarie! Who are you both?" Hazel blinked at the blonde addressing her she assumed. She hadn't really been paying attention so she glanced around for confirmation that she was indeed speaking to her.

"Connell here is also part of the orchestra," August chimed in turning to Hazel. "She plays the French Horn," he explained with a soft smile. "I play the piano, by the way," Hazel nodded. So the blonde girl, Amarie, played the french horn and was in the orchestra as well. She'd probably be seeing more of her if she managed to get into the club. Hazel glanced at August's hands as soon as he mentioned he played the piano. Sure enough, his fingers were slender like a piano players would be, like hers. She assumed that meant that she shouldn't audition with a piano. That was one instrument she could cross off her list. "And I believe you were part of the orchestra as well, right?" Hazel snapped her eyes in the direction of August's glance. He was now looking at the redhead. Was everyone in the orchestra? If that was the case what did he mean earlier when he said they were in need of members? Then again he was using past tense. So that meant she was no longer in the orchestra. She wondered what happened to make her leave and if it was something that would affect her and make Haze want to leave as well.

The redhead looked like she was in pain as she rubbed her temples before realizing she had been addressed. Hazel's forehead wrinkled with concern as she observed the girl. She really didn't look good. She wondered what the issue was. "Huh?" she said softly, removing her hand from her head, "I-- I don't know? I can't remember." Hazel's eyes widened at this. She didn't remember if she was in the orchestra? Well, that wasn't so strange if it was something trivial, but playing an instrument and being in a club and bonding with others wasn't exactly "trivial". For her to forget that...Hazel tapped a finger on her lips, forgetting all about introducing herself now. "What's your name, if I may ask?" The redhead said as she studied August, "I'm sorry, in case we used to know each other. Obviously, you know me, but I can't recognize you at all. I'm not stupid, I swear. It's a long story, but-- basically, I'm suffering from amnesia."

Hazel's blue orbs widened in surprise. Amnesia. Now that made sense. That would explain why she couldn't remember. Hazel felt conflicted,though, with this sudden news she didn't know whether to feel pity for the girl or to be impressed. She'd never met anyone with amnesia before, it was quite a fascinating find now that she thought about it. But she didn't think that was the 'socially acceptable' way to feel right now.

"That must suck." a deeper voice chimed in. Speaking of what isn't socially acceptable, Hazel turned her head in the direction of the voice which belonged to Romeo. It seemed that he realized what he blurted out and how that might not have been the right thing to say at that moment. "I mean, well, obviously. Duh. Sorry to hear about your condition." Once again Hazel felt the dissonance within her. She felt a little second-hand embarrassment for Romeo, but more than that she was relieved that it was him that messed up and not her, because that could've easily been her to slip up and blurt out something insensitive. She knew that wasn't the right way to feel, she mentally scolded herself for being a grade A douchebag. Romeo continued to try and rectify the situation and make it less...awkward. With his personality, from what she could observe, he was probably good at defusing awkward bombs like this.

"I'm Romeo Cooper, nice to meet you. You thinking of joining the Orchestra? If you play something, you definitely should. I'm not part of the Orchestra myself, but I'm in the Frog Choir. Sometimes we have co-joined practices together and we perform. Me and my mate August here sometimes jam together, he's a good accompanist." Frog Choir? She wondered what that was exactly. Other than a choir obviously. But jam sessions with a choir sounded nice. Hazel loved music so anyway she could get her hands in it or immerse herself in music she did it. She was sort of a music nerd that way. "Speaking of jamming," Romeo said, turning his gaze to August, "I would say we should have some today... But my head is killing me. I don't think I can sing. Unless anyone knows a reliable cure that does not grow me an extra head or give me a purple skin or something? I'd really want to spend my Saturday doing something fun instead of wasting it by trying to sleep it off in my bed, you know what I'm saying?"

Cure? For a headache? Some painkillers wouldn't just do? Then again, she had to remember she was surrounded by witches and wizards, some who might not have been born in the muggle world like she was. She had brought painkillers with her, but they were all the way in her dorm room. She was sure if she retired to her room now she would collapse on her bed and fall asleep again, and she didn't want to miss out on this jam session. She'd love to play some music right now. It sounded fun, despite being surrounded by people she didn't know. "Seeing someone with an extra head or purple skin would be interesting no?" Hazel smiled in Romeo's direction before addressing everyone else as well, "My name's Hazel Mbali, it's nice to meet you all." She had to refrain from sighing from relief right then and there. Okay, that wasn't so bad, she got it out, and it was over. It was like ripping a band-aid off. It wasn't so bad now.
Characters Mentioned:

@WishfulNemo > August Yilmaz

@Umbra > Amarie Connell

@Gules > Amara Ferguson

@Wicked > Romeo Cooper

Last edited:
tumblr_nk6zrhO4rz1rrfopko1_500.png

Great Hall :: Entrance Hall :: Ravenclaw Male Dorms

"Uh...actually, I'd rather you just call me Hazel..." The girl said seemingly unhappy with the nickname Crispin had picked out. Though she didn't really have much of a choice since he had already decided this would be her nickname. She'd learn to live with it. Besides if Crispin always let people decide how he reffered to them then he'd call most people by their first or last name and that was just boring. He sat and talked with the exceptionally uninteresting girl for a while waiting for her to finish so they could go on this mini tour. Honestly, the only thing she seemed to talk about were books and other really boring topics that he couldn't bring himself to give a shit about. He wondered if she actually had any other friends at her previous schools or if being kind of a loser was like...her thing. Because he wouldn't be surprised if it was. Finally she was done and they could get this show on the-- "Actually, can we reschedule the tour, if you don't mind.." She said yawning. Which was also a very annoying thing habit she had. Openly yawning. Maybe she was never taught that it was rude to openly yawn in front of others or maybe she thought she was so high and mighty that she just would. Either way, now Crispin was royally peeved. Not only did he lose time waiting for this waste of human life but now he finds that the princess is much to tired to continue the stressful task of walking around the school. "I should probably go back to my dorm before I fall asleep on you. It was nice meeting you, Crissy." With that she left. What was that? Like, a whole 30 minutes that he wasted. He sighed annoyed, taking a strand of blonde hair between his fingers and twirling it.

Well, it wasn't a complete waste. At least he'd made a good impression in trying to befriend that excuse for a transfer. It was always a bit stressful having to deal with people he absolutely hated all the time. But it was necessary. He was just an actor and he had to play his part to get what he wanted. He had to remind himself that it was all for the greater good. He had to remind himself that in this game, he would win. He would move his pawns and eliminate all his enemies. With another deep breathe he got up. All that energy he had had before seemed to have been drained from his little body. He'd done a lot that morning. A lot of recruiting. Even evil masterminds needed some rest. He decided he might just go back to his dorm and take a nap or something. Hanging around people too much gave him a headache anyway.

He picked himself up from the table and straightened his skirt before heading for the large double doors of the Great Hall. He made his way through the entrance hall to the grand staircase, towards Ravenclaw tower. When he turned the left corner to the staircase he noticed a small group of students huddled around. He raised an eyebrow before his clear violet eyes focused on one face in particular. Why if it wasn't miss "much-too-tired-to-tour". His eyes became cold as he watched her from afar mingle with the riff-raff. Ah. He hadn't realized that by "tired" she meant "tired of him". He started to feel that weird feeling that reminded himself of when he was younger. That kind of feeling when he sat down at a table and all the other kids sitting at that table got up to leave because he was there...kind of feeling. He hated feeling that. He hated feelings he felt when he was younger. He hated her for making him feel those feelings. Much more spiteful than he was when he had gotten up that morning, the strawberry blonde walked towards the staircase, passing by the group of students seemingly as if he had barely noticed them. His chin held high. He gave a slight but yet cold look to the new transfer for a split second before making his way to the Ravenclaw tower.

He sat on his bed and simmered. Usually he didn't break face that way but when he was sent back into his childlike mindset he couldn't help it. He hated it. How easily he could lose control when he was reminded of his childhood memories. "Damnit." He cursed silently to himself.

@Misaou > Hazel Mbali

t95b05E.jpg

As expected, Garaile wasted no time in using the situation for his satisfaction in making others feeling awkward. Adam was by all means a perfect target for the Weasel being no tougher than an average helpless rodent, cornered by it's hunter with no other option but becoming the prey. Though there was nothing to be ashamed of. Weasel was more than prone to intimidating his prey. Even going on a suicidal mission as he demonstrated last night was acceptable for the sake of control. As he poked Adam and pushed him against wall more and more, Garaile apparently had a lot of fun. Felix assumed that it must have been such bother for him being laid there and oblivious about things going on the day after. He sighed lightly and made himself comfortable, supporting his head with his arm. There was nothing much he could say to defend Adam nor he believed it would be appreciated on the long run. Or maybe it was something he simply didn't want to do? Secretly, he somewhat hoped to see Adam telling Garaile to piss off, but he was realistic. That was close to impossible. As Weasel's poor attempt of a conversation, or rather a monologue, approached the point where Adam would probably disappear into the wall or walk out, it was interrupted by Oswin's sudden movements and annoyed eye roll as she was leaving the room without a word. Garaile greeted her in somewhat mocking tone. "Toodles, miss Ravenwood!" What ever had happened before they barged in. Well weren't they all just so happy and full of life today? It was almost contagious.

It was only a brief distraction and as soon the infirmary doors slammed shut after Oswin, Garaile turned back to his own tiny rodent that was Adam. "We--ll?" Silence. It annoyed the Irish as he was highly emphatic. Couldn't he just move the hell on and do something productive? It was obvious that attempts were useless though it was exactly what drove Garaile to try harder. Later than usual, there was a chance to actually lay off Adam for a bit. "How did you all enjoy my little act last night?" Enjoyed? Well, Felix was more than sure a lot of them had a blast, but for the entirely different reason. It was a bother to have such immunity. Somewhat a blessing and somewhat a curse. Good call coming from the Queen of the Night, that was for sure. Though didn't she considered how dangerous it could have been with none of them taking their injuries seriously? Considering the status quo, not even counting in the disaster that happened, boy would he hate to be any of those perfects right now. It was a creepy thought. He finally nodded. "Well now. You made quite a fuss that is for sure." He chuckled. "Additional points for the artistic impression and drama. Heard you got those. Quite the show though no one took you seriously." At this point, his voice turned down a bit, loosing the joking sound as he spoke faster. It was not his intention or his job to criticize either of the boys, but he was hopeless when it came to telling the truth. He couldn't lie for shit. "Not sure if you are aware how big of a joke it all turned out to be, but if you are not, hate to break it to you. It is far away from being the main topic. At least among the fellow students as far as I know." He thought a bit and smiled. "Oh! Right! You do owe me a bag of Bertie Bott's for ruining my costume BUT! I am a nice guy so I will forget about that, boyo." He winked and grinned playfully. "So that would be what I know." He looked at Adam and Charlotte. He wasn't even sure if they were there last night. "I got you here and well.." He cleared his throat and skipped the part where he freaked out like a little girl and tore down the bloodied clothes off himself, making a huge mess. "I didn't get back to the party. I was (smacked and contained by Poppy, it was horrible...) busted so I went to sleep. Had a bit of a Quidditch practice this morning. For everything else you will have to ask others though I doubt they have much to say." He finished of with a deep shrug and a wide grin. "But hey! Great job! You survived!"

@WishfulNemo > Garaile Scriven​

1jFXS.png

Hospital Wing﴿
Daring to glance up at the Slytherin for a moment, Adam noticed as a momentary expression of surprise appeared on Garaile's face. So he'd heard Adam. Delightful. Adam could use an invisibility cloak right around now. He'd use it until he graduated. For now, Adam simply settled for avoiding Garaile's gaze, his face heating up from embarrassment. He was suddenly very aware of himself(At least, more than before), and shifted a bit, putting his hands in his pockets. He'd choose a more opportune moment to speak up some other day.

"I'm sorry, but did you say something, Adam?" Ah, Garaile recovered quickly. Pity. Adam could hear the amusement in the other boy's voice as he spoke, but didn't quite look up at him, deciding that seeing the expressions that went with it didn't seem so great. Adam didn't tend to look at people's faces anyway. Besides, Garaile must have known Adam was listening, as he just barreled on. "I must be growing deaf, I swore I heard you say something." If Adam were to be perfectly honest, it might actually be quite a wonderful thing for many people if the Slytherin were suddenly struck deaf. Not that he was going to be honest. "Well, wouldn't that be an awful fate for the great m—" Oswin made her way out the door, and Garaile cut himself off to say his none too sincere goodbye. Adam lifted his hand in a sort of wave to the girl's retreating back, though he was quite certain that she wouldn't have noticed.

Well, that's that, then. It didn't seem like it would be, because this was Garaile, and who was he to spare a person of embarrassment? But he continued on, moving onto the topic of the party last night. More specifically, the little spectacle which landed the Slytherin into the Hospital Wing in the first place. What did Adam think of it? Well, he didn't see it. He heard it, of course, with the great number of people who really did want to see Garaile be beaten bloody ahead of him. He'd heard it all well enough, of course.

Felix went on about what he did, one of those things that probably would be a lot less interesting if someone else said it. But, right, he seemed like he had a nice time. Despite having his costume ruined, of course. He ended his little anecdote with a shrug and a grin, congratulating Garaile on surviving---indeed, that was quite a proud achievement, wasn't it. "Right. I was worried you'd be hurt worse." This was more of a personal musing than anything. Adam did feel worried, at one point. Jayden Everdragomir's strength was nothing to cough at. But then Adam had accepted that it was all for fun quite easily. He could stick with that. Garaile, at least, didn't seem to have let the pain of broken bones affect his mood much. That was all he said though, which was good enough. He spoke, it was audible. Wonderful. Adam didn't have much to say, anyway. Perhaps he needed to pay more attention to things.​

JLslmuS.png

Location Quidditch Pitch
"Melvin~" Zed kept on repeating the name in a sing song voice. Even as Melinda, the girl he was calling out, was making her way towards the twins, he didn't stop with his teasing. The younger Blacbourne was certainly enjoying himself at the moment. Of course, this moment was short lived. Zed saw Melinda pull out her wand from her sleeve. Reflexes he developed from practising duelling kicked in and he immediately reached for his wand in his pocket, preparing himself to counter whatever his fellow pureblood would throw at him. Unfortunately for the Gryffindor male however, his wand was absent from its usual place. Zed panicked a bit till he remembered how he left it on his bedside drawer back at the dorms. "Fuck" he muttered to himself before he heard Melinda cast "Silencio!" over him. The pureblood may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but he still knew what charm Melinda cast over him. Despite this, Zed still tried to speak but of course, no voice came out. Zed wassn't happy about this, that much was obvious by the frown that now laid rest on his face; but he was somewhat thankful that the midget didn't screw up the charm. The consequence of it failing was something he'd rather take the effect of the charm over without a doubt.

Seeing as how there wasn't any way for him to reverse it himself, Zed accepted his fate for now and stood back to watch the scene unfold. But of course, the midget just had to kick him first before proceeding to Alistair. Oww! His face expressed his pain and his mouth moved to voice it as well however, thanks to being under the effect of the silencing charm, nothing was heard. Bloody midget and her mighty kick. "It is Melinda, you troll," She hissed before diverting her attention to Alistair who then proceeded to giving him a pat on the back. "Silence becomes you, brother" Alistair chuckled. Zed glared at his brother. 'Not helping' he tried to say, but of course his mouth merely moved without sound. The Gryffindor knew it was useless to even try to talk, but he still couldn't stop himself. He wasn't exactly used to being a mime.

Upon noticing how Alistair's laughter died down quickly, the glare that he gave him softened. He raised an eyebrow when he noticed him sneer at something. Curious, Zed turned to look at the direction that his twin snake sneered at. There he found Madi, standing in the line of sight of Alistair's sneer. Oh. Although Zed really didn't understand why Ali sneered at their childhood friend he was still pleased to see the fellow Gryffindor pureblood. Perhaps she'll take his side on things as obviously Melvin and Ali were in the same team, both enjoying Zed's current suffering. Though he knows he sort of deserves it for the teasing he did on not only Mel but indirectly his brother as well--okay, so it was pretty direct, but no one else knew that Alistair was now engaged to Melinda. In any case, Zed was not going to admit that he deserved what he got. So far, from the way that Mel asked what the fuss was about, it appeared that she did indeed not know about the engagement already.

Zed was about to join Madi at where she stood and say (wave) hello to her as well, when an owl came by and dropped a letter just above him before flying back from wherever it came from. The pureblood caught the letter as it descended downwards and immediately inspected it. He stopped for a moment upon seeing the Hogwarts seal before proceeding to opening the envelope which was now screaming 'open me immediately!' The Gryffindor male read to through the letter, completely forgetting about the scene before him. A serial hexer. Wonder who it could be. He folded the letter and messily stuffed it back into the envelope. Names of students started to circle through his head, possible candidates as to who this serial hexer could be.

"We're engaged" his brother's voice broke him off his train of thought. Oh right, I forgot about this for a second. He watched as Alistair continued with what he was saying. "That letter should discuss the details surrounding the engagement, assuming it came from your family of course." Alistair nodded to the letter tucked under her arm. Zed didn't even notice an owl swoop by to deliver Mel a letter. Must've happened when I received mine. Just then, something clicked inside his head. If Zed received a letter addressed to prefects, then surely his fellow prefect Melinda would receive one roughly around the same time as him, right? What if that letter she just received wasn't one that explained the engagement, but rather said the same as what he just received?. Zed silently chuckled at the thought. It would certainly make for a hilarious scene, Mel reading the letter and possibly even associating Alistair as the serial hexer. Zed was about to give Ali a little tap on the shoulder and mime to him how the letter Mel had received might not be what he thought it would be, but he decided against it. It was a scene he wanted to see play out. Besides, he could be wrong as well and the letter does indeed explain details about the engagement. Either way, Zed believes it would be funny to watch; and watch he shall do.

Characters Mentioned
Melinda Geralds (@WishfulNemo)
Alistair Blackbourne (@FieryCold)
Madison van Reeden (@Misaou)

full

An uncharacteristic frown fell over Felix's face as he remained silent, thinking of an answer. Was the boy actually sulking? Grinning at the blond, Garaile wondered what got stuck up in his butt. It certainly was unlike the Hufflepuff to grow so serious. "Well now. You made quite a fuss that is for sure." He started. Garaile smirked, well, wasn't that a mission accomplished then? However, the real question was; when did he not make a fuss out of something? He lived for the drama, he was the drama.

Leaning back the Slytherin waited for what else the overgrown Irish had to say, for it seemed to be a lot. Pulling his knees towards his chest, Garaile made himself comfortable to hang onto the lips of Felix, a sinister smile ever so apparent. As if he was a child eagerly waiting for his grandfather to talk about his adventures, but with less innocent intentions. Along with his motives there was the fact as well that Garaile didn't have a grandfather anymore and Felix was about the same age as he was.

Well, wasn't the Hufflepuff quite the exaggerator? Garaile shook his head a little as he played with his hair, a look of made surprise setting on his face. "Are you suggesting people have ever taken me seriously before?" was his rhetorical question. There was no way, right? Garaile, the Weasel, the shitballer, he who filled his pages with gossip, rumours from all sort of unreliable sources called; students. If anything he was about to be taken as seriously as any tabloid, a joke. Whoever had taken him serious before was an idiot, that for sure. Even Garaile didn't take himself too seriously, so why would anyone else? He was here to have fun, not to plug and constipate himself. That would be awfully painful, but also very dull.

"I will repay you with the droppings of my pet Fatty and tell you that they are liquorice," Garaile exclaimed when Felix mentioned his ruined costume. His fingers raised up into an 'okay' sign, three fingers up, his thumb and index finger forming an 'o'. Of course Garaile would repay the lad, after all he carried the journalist to the infirmary, after being beat by Everdragomir, as soon as he could. Though the journey had been rocky, as Felix had been wobbly in his knees, there was professor MacNeill who had saved him from hitting the floor again. If the old man was still alive, after the scene, the Weasel should thank the do-gooder as well, he figured.

Patting himself proudly on the shoulder, as Felix congratulated him on surviving the fight, Garaile then polished his nails to his chest. Of course he would survive, only the good died young and he was far from good.

"Right. I was worried you'd be hurt worse."
Adam's voice popped up again. Widening his eyes a little the journalist turned back to the smaller boy, giving the pureblood a good look to measure how serious he could take him.

"D'awwww!" he exclaimed, his arms spreading wide open for Adam. "I want to hug you!" Garaile decided to take his comment as something sincere, or as sincere as one could be when saying that they worried about another. He guessed that this make-believe act of being permanently nice was a Hufflepuff trait. "C'mere, give uncle Scriven a hug, potato!" he continued basking, his hands reaching out to the boy like the claws of predator going down its prey.

@Ritual Lobotomy – Felix Bell
@Wicked – Jayden Everdragomir
NPC – Aled MacNeill
@Nougat – Adam Harrison

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.