Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Very, Very sorry about the slow-as-maple-syrup-rate I've had this past week! Work obligations as always!

As a bit of consolation, I went ahead and picked a spot in my recent pot for a dramatic cliffhanger song if you imagine the whole thing playing like an episode. (though on that note, this is a pretty long first episode). Additionally, this post has a bit more 'helpful' exposition. Though more than likley it will make everyone overthink things when the intended answer is super simple.

No stress though!

And of course I haven't forgotten about our new friends! I certainly know these character sheets are quite an amount of work, if you're stuck, feel free to discuss your issue here! Or if you have writer's block... throw out your thoughts on that too! There's people about looking for ways to make their character complexity more complexxy.

• Thank You
Reactions: Luma and Navi
Welp, looks like I have been several steps slower now. Not sure whether the maid can save the pirate's back though.

Then again, it's not like the days are getting better and better...

>No stress though!

/heard an incoherent laughing

@Skyswimsky

Michio's going to welcome her at the Rejected Childhood Friends Club if Kyouko fails to salvage the situation.

Well been two days, time for me to make a post.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
And of course I haven't forgotten about our new friends! I certainly know these character sheets are quite an amount of work, if you're stuck, feel free to discuss your issue here! Or if you have writer's block... throw out your thoughts on that too! There's people about looking for ways to make their character complexity more complexxy.
Thanks, I've been throwing PMs around here and there, trying to get backstory for my character's long-time friends, and partially working off of that. It's.... a slow process (for me), but it's coming along.

@Ehb @Miya
I think I kind-of mentioned it that I am looking for a new flat here or there in the OOC. Landlord will come on monday to look if everything is alright. I live in a shared apartment (and, as much as I hate to say it, it is disgusting and I don't feel well at home at all) so I gonna spend the next few days/weekend hardcore cleaning including painting the walls and all(amongst visiting other apartments and the usual rl stuff). I don't think I can get a post up in that time though I really like the current scene. Just pleading to @Ehb to not punish me for that.

I also know I kind of ignored @Miya with Kyouko all that time. While it did made sense for Kyouko it was still kind of bad move from me. Not giving you really anything to respond to. I apologize.

I'll aim to post in the IC on wednesday.

Reactions: Miya
As always I'll find something to wing at :v

But considering I'm still frustrated that I can't even beat Ursula at Hard in Fire Emblem, yeah. Kinda have to speedlevel F.Robin, Effie and Sakura so that I could have a chance.

Update:

@Skyswimsky: And that's the best I think can do for now :v

Last edited:
Damn, the IC is so far in.. that I'm not even sure if I should join.. But.. I'd like to give this a try? If the sign ups are open?

@Akashi
Yes, it's open, and we haven't gotten all that far, comparitively.
Well its 17 pages in so.. Could I like get some form of summary of whats happened so far?

@Akashi

DON'T WORRY. I GOT THIS. (Though, hopefully you noticed the "Current story" tab in the huge info-dump that is this thread's first post.)

The Big Picture:
(I think it's the main plot? Not too sure if there really is one to be honest, but I'll try my best...)
Basically, there has been a series of accidents (mostly students running into walls and solid forms) due to coding malfunctions "bugs". One day, the SMC (Social Morals Committee) discovered that these so-called bugs were actually the result of somebody purposefully messing with the code (in which only somebody who has vast knowledge and advamced skulls in order to do so...also known as a "Hacker".)

Upon this realization, they confronted the well-known technologically advanced student SAGAWA MIZUNOHARA (played by @Ehb ) of Class 2-A. Multiple theories of why exactly this happened have gone around--but a few characters are thrown the information that Sagawa herself had put a "signature" in a section of the coding...inevitably proving that she was the hacker.

But Class 2-A's Social Morals reps MICHIO KAMIJOU (played by @Accelerator ) and CHIYO IMADA (played by me!) thought otherwise...along with a handful of other characters such as IORI NISHIMURA (played by @Miya ) and KYOUKO HIMURA (played by @Skyswimsky ).

MICHIO, CHIYO, and IORI all began to take part in an investigation to clear Sagawa's name (of course, SAGAWA was a part of this too). Unfortunately, not too long after said investigation occurred, disaster struck Hisakawa Koukou, in the form of lovable wallflower LISA YAMAGAWA (a now inactive character that was played by chaosheart13 )being "hacked" in broad daylight....and almost jumping out of a second-story window as a result.

Cue a dramatic heroine moment from our own SAGAWA, and you have the end results being that LISA was saved, but at the price of Sagawa proving to everybody in the school that she was a hacker. (Note that she did not admit to doing any wrong with the school coding though, just that she has the ability to do so.)

...As the SMC take her away, you have a few somewhat dramatic scenes closing this down--and a time skip to a week after SAGAWA was taken is where we are right now, I believe.

Rumors spread about SAGAWA losing her VR chip-- and "breaking up" with MICHIO (who was practically obsessed with her...being childhood friends and all).

Side Plot / Points of Interest:
- An awkward fanfiction leading to some (possibly romantic?) tension between two girls.

- Another student is trying to find closure for her step-sister's death.

- Two students are potential heirs to become the next YAKUZA leader...With two bodyguards who are also students.

- The Red Pandas, a gang of virtu-ava fighters lead by NYOKO (played by @Wen ) are currently trying to up their reputation. Some are causing mischief for certain students, but others are considered as 'active' members of this gang.

Aaannnd I think I probably missed some huge aspects, but that should be decent, right? Hopefully it's a bit helpful!

-Note, I somehow managed to write all of this on mobile, so I apologize if there are any huge mistakes in spelling, grammar, coding, or other things.-

Name: Kamei Mana
Romantic Rolls: 1
Hetero Romance: Yes
Homosexual Romance: No
Trope Relationships: Yes

Sagawa Mizunohara / Positive / Amiable Classmates
"You're classmates who know each other's names. That's a start!"

Kira Oshiro / Positive / New Friends
"You two started getting along really well this year. You've hung out at least a few times already."

Yuuki Iwasawa / Negative / Hated Rivals
"Always trying to one up one another, somehow in some way. People don't like it when you two are in the same room."

Michio Kamijou / Romance / Notice Me, Senpai!
"Mana has had a crush on Michio for as long as she can remember, and some days she wishes she didn't, since he's always seemed more interested in a certain other girl."

Iori Nishimura / Positive / Acquainted
"You two have spoken a couple of times in class, or were in the same project. You get along."

Chiyo Imada / Negative / Mutually Annoyed
"You dislike one another's personality for some reason. How annoying."

Rei Saionji / Positive / New Friends
"You two started getting along really well this year. You've hung out at least a few times already."

Taigi Narita / Positive / Amiable Classmates

Leo Kane / Negative / Mutually Annoyed

Kyouko Himura / Positive / Pirates (Trope)
"It started out as a childish game when they were young, but Mana and Kyouko take their pirate code very seriously even today. They've hidden a treasure chest somewhere which only they know the location of."

Sayoto Ayame / Positive / Childhood Friends
"You two have been friends since elementary school. You two might as well be siblings."

Ganzo Hayabusa / Negative / Irrelevant Friendship
"At one point in time, you two were friends. But as time went on, you two seem to be drifting apart."

Sayuri Alexander / Negative / Twin Pandas (Trope)
"You may not be identical twins, but you are still related and born on the same day to the same parents. Parents which later divorced and changed their last names, forcing you to live in different homes. You're both members of the Red Pandas, and everyone refers to you as The Twins."
[fieldbox=Mana Kamei, #CCFFFF, dashed]"Your secret's safe with me, 'kay, but never from me."
7GQRvnU.png

Character Color Code: #CCFFFF (cloudy sky-blue)

Full Name: Kamei (family name) Mana (given name)
Date of Birth: 15th of April
Sex: Female

Most Relevant Sin: Wrath
Most Relevant Virtue: Kindness
Most Relevant Ideology: Depends on the context I guess....? Very vague question.

[Personality Stuff]

• Secrets (confidence) - Mana loves to be confided in. Luckily, she treasures keeping the secret almost as much as learning about it, so those who do confide in her can rest assured it's in good hands.
  • Technology - Mana's number-one money sink. She loves nearly anything new and shiny. The most precious of these possessions is a flying drone (see self intro).
  • Music - Usually enjoyed directly through her chip, Mana particularly loves Electronic music and has even got into creating her own.
  • Spyglasses - "Aye, these be fantastic fer watchin' stuff from a safe distance."
  • Anime - Mana loves the over-the-top dramatization of anime and could even see herself as a full-time voice actress in the future.
  • Sugar cubes - Not healthy, but very delicious.
  • Cosplay - Mana enjoys the occasional anime convention, but only while dressed as one of her favorite characters.

Dislikes

• Secrets (exclusion) - It drives her crazy knowing there's a secret she doesn't understand.
  • Negative gossip - Mana dislikes negative rumors and often loses a little respect for someone when she sees them spreading these….though she usually listens out of curiosity anyway. This is doubly offensive to her if the rumor is about a friend.
  • Most sports - She might like sports if she weren't so terrible at them. Virtu-Ava is an exception, of course.
  • Reading - Books are too slow when compared to videos.
  • Other languages - Why can't everyone just learn Japanese?
  • Dirt - The opposition to 'new-and-shiny'.
  • People who threaten Kazami - Assuming the threat appears genuine, Mana will grow very defensive of her drone. She doesn't particularly jokes about it harming it either.

Hobbies

• Songwriting - Most of her songs are digitally composed with her chip, typically while traveling from place to place. Often she'll hum parts of the song she's writing out loud, either to get a feel for the song, or to actually record her voice.
  • Programming - One of the greatest shared interests between Mana and her father, he began to teach her programming languages as soon as she could handle them. Some of Mana's fondest memories are of coding silly programs with him; like a program to project virtual mustaches on people, or make their voices sound different. To this day, she still enjoys adding to her library of silly VR programs, and occasionally even shares them with friends.
  • Virtu-Ava - The only sport Mana truly loves; and don't even think of trying to convince her it isn't a sport.
  • Voice-acting - Mana occasionally tries out to be the voice of anime characters as a part-time job. She's yet to score a main role, though she has voiced a few major support characters before.
  • Video games - A hobby picked up by two of her childhood friends. Mana vastly prefers newer games, but often has a lot of fun playing the older ones, as long as it's together with fun company.
  • Spying on people - While she has certain limitations as to how far she'll go, Mana loves to catch people when they think they're alone, or see how long she can follow them before they notice her. Between the spyglass, Kazami, and spending large amounts of time around Aya, Mana is frighteningly good at it. Most people don't even know she does this.

Fears

• Hackers - The idea of hackers is terrifying to Mana: even if she loves her integrated chip, she's well aware of it's terrifying hallucinogenic potential. The worst of these fears is the idea of attacking, or even killing her friends because of a hack messing with her mind.
  • Debt - Mana has seen how dangerous debt can be. Besides, no money means no new, shiny techno-baubles.
  • Losing Kazami - It's just a drone, but to Mana it feels almost like a part of her. The idea of her drone being destroyed sometimes weighs on her mind and threatening to smash it is an easy way to get on her bad side. Somewhere deep down she knows it's probably unhealthy to be so attached, but she refuses to let go.
  • Bugs - Mana has never liked creepy crawlies, and probably never will. Centipedes and millipedes are especially nasty.
  • Seagulls - The result of an unfortunate food-snatching accident when she was younger. Mana tends to avoid beaches for this reason.

Later....
Self Introduction

"Well it all started with my birth….haha, that sounds kinda obvious, but it's special cause my twin sister came with me, 'kay? I was told we got along pretty well back then, but I can't remember it. Too distant. Anyway, a few years later our parents did their divorce-thing, so I was left alone with my father. It's actually more normal to me this way, but sometimes I wonder what it would've been like to have a mom.

"So ya know how most girls grow up with dolls, 'kay? I grew up with a drone: Kazami-chan. I'd say she was a gift from Dad, but I think it was more like an experiment; making sure she worked with the integrated chips. I mean, he's an engineer for a drone company; it makes sense. Anyway, it's a little childish, but I still like to imagine Kazami-chan's my friendly guide familiar. Inside my head, that is. I can't even remember how many times she's been upgraded or fixed though. Dad's pretty good at polishing her up to look new at least.

"Moving on, in elementary school I met my two closest friends, Aya and Kyouko. Back then I was a lot more timid and got picked on a bunch, 'kay? Maybe it was my drone, or how 'politely' I roleplayed my VA battles back then. But one day, Aya showed up out of nowhere and gave my bullies a solid WHAM. From then on I kinda idolized her, 'kay, and shortly after we had become friends, she introduced me to Kyouko. The three of us have been really close ever since. I guess between Aya and Kyouko they managed to build up my confidence? Friends rub off on you. Definitely.

"A buncha years later, Kyouko got injured in a car crash. More like the car crash. I felt really sorry for her, losing her eye like that, but by the time she got out of the hospital she was pretty good-natured about it. Of course I did what any good friend would do: I started playing pirate to cheer her up. And she did it too. So it kinda grew into a silly thing we do.

"So I think that's pretty much everything you'd wanna know about my past. Remember, if you see Kazami flying around, say hi, 'kay? She can hear you ya know. Or, well….I can, through her. Oh, and if you have any secrets to share, I make a wonderful confidant, 'kay? Tell me anything and I'll make sure it stays safe."
Personality reference to help Luma not screw up
Personality traits
  • Extroverted/Charismatic - Generally seeks out company to share her free time and, if possible, interests. Likes to get out of sticky situations by talking her way out with flattery and well-worded excuses.
  • Stubborn - Is accustomed to needing to cram her views down similarly stubborn people's throats. Takes a lot to convince her of something; even if it's undeniably true she may still refuse to acknowledge the fact if she doesn't like it.
  • Creative - Likes to imagine, or shape, things to be different than they are. Draws inspiration from stuff.
  • Distracted - Frequently distracted by her chip. Usually something her drone sees, inspiration for a new song she wants to note down, or a message from an online friend. Can become distracted by other things that catch her interest.

Speech Patterns
  • Mana frequently ends sentences with 'kay when it contains a statement that she wants to make sure is understood or if she wants reassurance.
    • "I really don't like seeded fruit so stop giving 'em to me, 'kay?"
    • "This is really beautiful, 'kay? You shouldn't doubt your skills like that."
  • She prefers simpler, more casual speech and conjunctions
    • Good
      • "Wait a sec, lemme grab my spyglass, 'kay?"
      • "Just a minute, I wanna get my spyglass."
    • Passable
      • "Hold on for just a moment, I would like to get my spyglass first."
    • Bad
      • "Be still, I do believe I shall endeavor to acquire my magnifying instrument before we begin."
  • She sometimes ends ideas, explanations and the like, with very short summaries.
    • "Ya know, I feel like anime conventions'd be really awkward if I wasn't cosplaying. Maybe it's cause I feel the character's kinda like a mask? Hide a real person with a character."
  • In the case of Kyouko, Mana likes to use a pirate accent here and there.
    • "Aye. Always be carryin' me trusty spyglass with me. Why ye be askin'?"

[Virtu-Ava Stuff]

Weapon
Later
Battle Actions
Later

[Relationship Stuff]

Wrote down my first impression for each relationship so people can look them over. Will start adding proper relationships later.
((Probably a mix of wanting to be tech-buddies and fear of her hacking skills. Would be interesting if the two were actually close friends online but had no idea they went to the same school.))

Kira Oshiro / Positive / New Friends
((They share a love of music, even if the genres they prefer are a bit different.))

Yuuki Iwasawa / Negative / Hated Rivals
"Always trying to one up one another, somehow in some way. People don't like it when you two are in the same room."
((Gotta find some excuse for Mana to actually believe Yuuki's a girl. I picture them rival cosplayers.))

Michio Kamijou / Romance / Notice Me, Senpai!
"Mana has had a crush on Michio for as long as she can remember, and some days she wishes she didn't, since he's always seemed more interested in a certain other girl."
((Probably fell in love after spying on him playing the piano. Could be a bit more interesting if Mana generally dislikes SMRs but tries to get over it for his sake.))

"You two have spoken a couple of times in class, or were in the same project. You get along."
((Both Red Pandas I think? Maybe they sparred once or twice.))

((Honestly I dunno. Chiyo's kinda hard to hate. Maybe Mana just doesn't like how timid she is?))

Rei Saionji / Positive / New Friends
((Not sure if Mana would know she's Michio's rival. Probably would, in which case she might want Rei to win for the sake of having a shot at Michio.))

Taigi Narita / Positive / Amiable Classmates
((Probably doesn't think much of him.))

Leo Kane / Negative / Mutually Annoyed
((Sadism is pretty easy to dislike.))

Kyouko Himura / Positive / Pirates (Trope)
"It started out as a childish game when they were young, but Mana and Kyouko take their pirate code very seriously even today. They've hidden a treasure chest somewhere which only they know the location of."
((Ar m80s.))

Sayoto Ayame / Positive / Childhood Friends
"You two have been friends since elementary school. You two might as well be siblings."
((Ninja-sensei.))

Ganzo Hayabusa / Negative / Irrelevant Friendship
"At one point in time, you two were friends. But as time went on, you two seem to be drifting apart."
((I still have to give this whopper of a CS a proper read. Open to suggestions though.))

Sayuri Alexander / Negative / Twin Pandas (Trope)
"You may not be identical twins, but you are still related and born on the same day to the same parents. Parents which later divorced and changed their last names, forcing you to live in different homes. You're both members of the Red Pandas, and everyone refers to you as The Twins."
((Waiting on Mirai to finish up Sayuri.))

[/fieldbox]
"((Waiting on Mirai to finish up Sayuri.))"

Yeah sorry about that. ;w;

I'm working on her slowly but surely. I'll probably post her here soon.

Alrighty, so my first rough draft is up. Figured I'd throw it out there 'early' (if you call 2+ weeks early) so @Ehb and/or @Wen and/or Mana's significant relations can check and tell me what needs changed before I go and fill the remaining bits.

....and I just got ninja'd.

Reactions: ☆ Mirai ☆
((Both Red Pandas I think? Maybe they sparred once or twice.))

@Luma: Yeah, the maid is a Red Panda lieutenant.

Reactions: Luma
((Honestly I dunno. Chiyo's kinda hard to hate. Maybe Mana just doesn't like how timid she is?))

Yep, that could work. Another thing that could be worth mentioning is that Chiyo seems to lend more towards the formal aspect of life, whereas Mana seems to be more casual?

@Luma
Both Kira and Nyoko can include her in their stories. Kira wouldn't have a problem with her liking techno music, since combined with her own tastes it could be industrial metal. (My favourite genre.) Maybe Mana even helped Raptor write the Red Panda program.

---

On another note, I'd already sent a summary of all three days to the four new people.

Reactions: Raven Haruka
> Mana siding with Rei to get a shot at Michio

Ladies and gentleman, we just witnessed the birth of a Yandere :D

On a side note, I'm waiting for @Illin 's reply before making a post again. Still, I don't think Rei would tell a new friend like Mana about her yakuza affiliation any time soon, same goes for Michio, unless he recruits her too.

> Mana siding with Rei to get a shot at Michio

Ladies and gentleman, we just witnessed the birth of a Yandere :D

On a side note, I'm waiting for Illin's reply before making a post again. Still, I don't think Rei would tell a new friend like Mana about her yakuza affiliation any time soon, same goes for Michio, unless he recruits her too.
I ain't no stereotype, baka!

....and yes, I'm iffy on whether or not she'd know. Chances are, Mana was never told, but whether or not she'd know depends on just how well those two guard their secrets. It's up to @Karyra for Rei though.

@Luma
((Probably a mix of wanting to be tech-buddies and fear of her hacking skills. Would be interesting if the two were actually close friends online but had no idea they went to the same school.))
That would be interesting. In person Sagawa thinks of her as:

"Her insistence on having that drone with her at all times amazes me considering I'm pretty sure it is common knowledge not to bring your toys at school at this point. But, she's one of the people in class who isn't completely lost with programming assignments so it's a given that she's a bit of a weirdo, I guess."

@_All

And yes, I am lazily waiting for @Skyswimsky to post on Wednesday. Though I might beat them to it to reply to what @Miya added.

• Love
Reactions: Luma
Status
Not open for further replies.