Status
Not open for further replies.
@ShiroKiyoshi @Eruantien
Greetings, and welcome!

Here are your relationship rolls:
Sagawa Mizunohara / Negative / There Was An Attempt (Trope)
"Pratt tried to romance Sagawa once in their past, but she didn't seem interested in him. Their relationship has been strained since then."

Kira Oshiro / Negative / Drum N' Bass (Trope)
"No band would be complete without either instrument, yet these two could never agree to disagree about which instrument was the best. It's a classic rock feud when the drummer clashes with the bassist."

Yuuki Iwasawa / Negative / Bad Occurence
"You two had one of 'those moments' that have been a wedge in you two getting along."

Michio Kamijou / Negative / Hated Rivals
"Always trying to one up one another, somehow in some way. People don't like it when you two are in the same room."

Iori Nishimura / Positive / Childhood Friends
"You two have been friends since elementary school. You two might as well be siblings."

Chiyo Imada / Romance / Ladykiller In Love
"Pratt was known as a heartbreaker for the longest time, romancing quite a few girls until the day he met Chiyo. It's a difficult reputation to shake, but now he may be in love for the first time ever, and he's set on proving he's changed his ways to the target of his affections."

Rei Saionji / Positive / Amiable Classmates
"You're classmates who know each other's names. That's a start!"

Taigi Narita / Positive / New Friends
"You two started getting along really well this year. You've hung out at least a few times already."

Leo Kane / Positive / Acquainted
"You two have spoken a couple of times in class, or were in the same project. You get along."

Kyouko Himura / Negative / Bad Occurence
"You two had one of 'those moments' that have been a wedge in you two getting along."

Sayoto Ayame / Positive / Middle School Friends
"You two became friends around middle school, and saw each other progress from being immature, to slightly less immature."

Ganzo Hayabusa / Positive / Middle School Friends
"You two became friends around middle school, and saw each other progress from being immature, to slightly less immature."

Mana Kamei / Negative / Hated Rivals
"Always trying to one up one another, somehow in some way. People don't like it when you two are in the same room."

Sayuri Alexander / Negative / Irrelevant Friendship
"At one point in time, you two were friends. But as time went on, you two seem to be drifting apart."

Ryuu Miyamoto / Positive / Brothers-in-arms (Trope)
"Ryuu and Pratt first met at the arcade where they were into the same virtual reality war game. They've seen numerous battles together, and somehow always come out on top, even when the odds were stacked against them. In reality, they share a unique bond, because only brothers-in-arms knows what war is truly like."

Sagawa Mizunohara / Negative / Bad Occurence

Kira Oshiro / Negative / Mutually Annoyed
"You dislike one another's personality for some reason. How annoying."

Yuuki Iwasawa / Positive / Middle School Friends

Michio Kamijou / Positive / Acquainted
"You two have spoken a couple of times in class, or were in the same project. You get along."

Iori Nishimura / Negative / Hated Rivals

Chiyo Imada / Positive / Gourmands (Trope)
"You both love to cook and bake, often competing to come up with the tastiest dish. It's all in good fun, and it tastes delicious. Other students may turn to you for advice when it comes to food."

Rei Saionji / Negative / Irrelevant Friendship
"At one point in time, you two were friends. But as time went on, you two seem to be drifting apart."

Taigi Narita / Positive / Childhood Friends
"You two have been friends since elementary school. You two might as well be siblings."

Leo Kane / Positive / Childhood Friends

Kyouko Himura / Positive / New Friends
"You two started getting along really well this year. You've hung out at least a few times already."

Sayoto Ayame / Negative / Hated Rivals

Ganzo Hayabusa / Positive / New Friends

Mana Kamei / Positive / Acquainted

Sayuri Alexander / Romance / Star-crossed Lovers
"You've had feelings for each other for years, but something always gets in the way. A date may be interrupted, a friend may dislike your relationship, or a relative is more important. It's like fate is actively working against your potential union."

Pratt Rikuto / Positive / Brothers-in-arms (Trope)
"Ryuu and Pratt first met at the arcade where they were into the same virtual reality war game. They've seen numerous battles together, and somehow always come out on top, even when the odds were stacked against them. In reality, they share a unique bond, because only brothers-in-arms knows what war is truly like."

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Eru, Navi and Luma
@Ehb
@Miya
Posted. I know I asked for a week time so I could post in peace and now here I am producing shit nonetheless. I do feel bad about it and I apologize for that. I am truly sorry.

[fieldbox=Pratt Rikuto, #4123d9, solid]
[BCOLOR=transparent][Core Information Section][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Pratt and no I am not American. I'm Japanese."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]fc891f4f73ad3062f1ad36ff5acd77d1.jpg [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Character Color Code:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]4123d9[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Full Name:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Rikuto, Pratt[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 16[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Date of Birth[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: July, 4[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sex:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Male[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Most Relevent [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Sin[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Sloth.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Most Relevant [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Virtue[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Patience[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Most Relevant Ideology: Anarchy.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Likes:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Hoodies, Fast Food, Apples, Ninjas and Video Games.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dislikes:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Sweets(Like things that are sweet. Not just candy in general.), Lengthy talks, Repetition of patterns.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Hobbies:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Plays video games, watching martial arts videos and gaming videos, dabbles in drawing, and roleplaying.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Fears:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Dogs. Absolutely hates them. Size, level of friendliness, or chains, it does not matter to Pratt, just kill it with fire.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Reputation:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A chill guy who will reluctantly talk to you if approached, but otherwise he's just nice to sorta have to take up space. He's like the pillow you talk to when you're alone, listening, but never responding.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Stranger.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Pratt? Oh, yeah. He sits sorta in the middle of my class. He doesn't really bother anyone. Most of the time he's just somewhere in the open chilling with some game or his phone. On a rare day you might catch him looking out at the sky, questioning it sort of. You could compare him to a rock because he does just about as much as one."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The American kid?" Pratt can be seen face planting into his desk in the background. "He's odd? I heard he was a womanizer or something?" Pratt soul slowly leaves his body. "Honestly, he's whatever? If that makes sense? I don't know what to say about him really he doesn't do much, in front of others at least."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Friend.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh! Pratt, yeah, he's cool. We play games together, a lot! Sometimes, when you can get him away from games, he'll actually interact or act silly, making faces and that kind of thing, so that he doesn't have to. Yeah, but most of the time he's pretty quiet and listens to whatever nonsense I have to say."[/BCOLOR]

"Not a fun guy to piss off. It's not easy, but when Pratt goes off, he goes off. The rock that people didn't notice was there becomes a volcano in constant eruption. The only thing that'll cool that off is getting to the root of the problem, and that suggests you get through every other problem he decided to keep from you. He needs solid ground to stand, but he'll sell himself as that solid ground... Don't tell him I said that?"

Enemies.
"Who? Oh, that guy. I don't get why anyone likes him. He actually does nothing. How is he even in our grade?"

"He gets all the girls! How! How does he get all the girls!" Pratt shrugs.

Everyone.
"He's a sarcastic ass."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Self Introduction:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"So, computers are great. I think. I mean I use them all the time. My mother did too, right after my father died in an accident. She had no idea I was even inside her at the time. Not like that though, I mean inside her tummy. I was a little fetus."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Pratt takes a moment to clear his throat. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Yeah, so, uh, mother used a computer. It is there she met a man named, Richard Pratt. See where this story is going? It's great. Richard Pratt became her best friend when she had no one else to turn to after losing her husband. So, my mother thought that it would be okay calling me Pratt Rikuto, in honor of Richard when he moved on from the Virtual World. No problem with that. However, did my mother not hear how bad they sound together, but what is worse is to hear someone try and pronounce it, it is just terrible! I feel I'd be better off handing them my grade school gamer tag and being like, 'Here, just call me this from now on. Please.' I got used to the name Pratt though. I liked being unique too, so for its few faults it came with quite a bit of perks. And that is why my name is Pratt."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Pratt pulls out his phone to take a picture of the surprised faces of those listening.[/BCOLOR]

Character Theme
Who's Theme

Character Battle Theme
Hello Sleepwalkers

Character Voice
Steve Blum - Mugen - Male Character Ridiculing the Fisher

[BCOLOR=transparent][Virtu-Ava Section][/BCOLOR]
9c4639b4dbba5cdd9cfc5992fcb655b1.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weapon:[/BCOLOR]
Butterfly knife. An average knife with a blade the size of an extended hand.
[spoili]
mqdefault.jpg
[/spoili]
[BCOLOR=transparent][Battle Actions][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]GUARD beats FAST[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]FAST beats HEAVY[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]HEAVY beats GUARD[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skill 1:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Stab[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]TYPE: Fast[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]DESCRIPTION: Pratt stabs.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skill 2:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Graffiti Time![/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]DESCRIPTION: Pratt pulls out a spray can and sprays a pink fire. If another Pratt is lit by the the fire they will detonate in an explosion of deadly spray paint that acts in the same fashion as a grenade. The paint could keep spreading until there are no more Pratts.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skill 3:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Grenade[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]TYPE: Heavy[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]DESCRIPTION: Pratt throws a motlov, but it's explosion matches that of a Grenade's. Pratts can catch and reset the fuse.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skill 4:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"There he is..."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]TYPE: Guard[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]DESCRIPTION: Pratt pops his hood up causing a crowd of Pratt's to swarm around him and walk about allowing him to get lost in the crowd. They are mere grunts, easily, disposed of.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skill 5:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dog Run[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]DESCRIPTION: Pratt moves with lightning quick speed and his mask opens up to take a bite out of his foe.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skill 6:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Savior[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]TYPE: Guard.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]DESCRIPTION: Pratt calls on another Pratt to take a hit for him. He would have to activate "There he is..." before using this.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][Relationships Section][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sagawa Mizunohara | Negative | There Was An Attempt (Trope)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Pratt tried to romance Sagawa once in their past, but she didn't seem interested in him. Their relationship has been strained since then."[/BCOLOR]

"I tried the infamous 'Did you fall from heaven' line, it didn't work."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kira Oshiro | Negative | Drum N' Bass (Trope)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"No band would be complete without either instrument, yet these two could never agree to disagree about which instrument was the best. It's a classic rock feud when the drummer clashes with the bassist."[/BCOLOR]

"Yeah, I played, but this girl thinks the drums are much better. A two year old could smash some trash cans, it takes skill to play the bass guitar well."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Yuuki Iwasawa | Negative | Bad Occurence[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"You two had one of 'those moments' that have been a wedge in you two getting along."[/BCOLOR]

"Uhh... I mean come on! He looks like a girl. It was an honest mistake, but I may have tried to hit on him..."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Michio Kamijou | Negative | Hated Rivals[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Always trying to one up one another, somehow in some way. People don't like it when you two are in the same room."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"He likes the stars, SHE likes the stars, I have to stay on top of that. Nothing against the guy, but can't look like an idiot compared to him."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Iori Nishimura | Positive | Childhood Friends[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]You two have been friends since elementary school. You two might as well be siblings.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"When I first met her it was to mooch off her stuff and show off my karate moves as a kid, but as we continued to play I guess a relationship was built. She talks a lot and always spooks me. She's the reason I look over my shoulder at night. Yet, the most appealing thing about her and probably why I keep her around is that "boost" she can give me sometimes. Not something you really need to concern yourself with though."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Chiyo Imada | Romance | Ladykiller In Love[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Pratt was known as a heartbreaker for the longest time, romancing quite a few girls until the day he met Chiyo. It's a difficult reputation to shake, but now he may be in love for the first time ever, and he's set on proving he's changed his ways to the target of his affections.[/BCOLOR]

"The complete opposite of me. Where I fill a room with silence, she would fill it with the noise of her dreams. It's not a bad tune to listen to. She's a cuter version of Iori actually, a lot cuter. Much cuter."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rei Saionji | Positive | Amiable Classmates[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"You're classmates who know each other's names. That's a start!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't think I have ever stared her dead in the eye, I know that much, but she likes games, so that's cool."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Taigi Narita | Positive | New Friends[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]You two started getting along really well this year. You've hung out at least a few times already.[/BCOLOR]

"Dude actually does Karate. I saw him doing it one day and approached him about it. He was a prick, but I just listened for a minute and eventually insults became logic and we had a conversation going. I've expressed my like for both games and karate, and it seems he may be more into the whole exercise aspect of it all, but he likes pretty much the same stuff as me. He's cool. Smells like smoke though."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Leo Kane | Positive | Acquainted[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]You two have spoken a couple of times in class, or were in the same project. You get along.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"He's good with school, I'm okay with school. I ask a question and he answers. A lot of rumors about the guy though. He tried that snobbish act when we met, but I think the level of not caring in both of us allowed us to move past it and actually reach, 'Hi.' It was quite a task."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kyouko Himura | Negative | Bad Occurence[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"You two had one of 'those moments' that have been a wedge in you two getting along."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I approached her, she called me a fool and walked away. I just sorta, don't talk to her. It's weird. Why does she call me a fool? Did I do something?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sayoto Ayame | Positive | Middle School Friends[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"You two became friends around middle school, and saw each other progress from being immature, to slightly less immature."[/BCOLOR]

"She is an actual fucking ninja. Or was. She's grown more mature and less cool."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ganzo Hayabusa | Positive | Middle School Friends[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"You two became friends around middle school, and saw each other progress from being immature, to slightly less immature."[/BCOLOR]

"I asked for his help with some assignment or something and he asked for some money. I honestly thought it was reasonable, then. We don't share much in common, but if he needed a favor done all he needs to do is ask."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mana Kamei | Negative | Hated Rivals[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Always trying to one up one another, somehow in some way. People don't like it when you two are in the same room."[/BCOLOR]

"She's so god damned nosy and pushy. And she says "kay" all the time. Peace is not a possibility around her, so I resort to war."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sayuri Alexander | Negative | Irrelevant Friendship[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"At one point in time, you two were friends. But as time went on, you two seem to be drifting apart."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I simply didn't reach out to them and they did not reach out to me. Despite how people see me as a rock and fling it around as an insult I kind of like my status. Beats lady-killer."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ryuu Miyamoto | Positive | Brothers-in-arms (Trope)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ryuu and Pratt first met at the arcade where they were into the same virtual reality war game. They've seen numerous battles together, and somehow always come out on top, even when the odds were stacked against them. In reality, they share a unique bond, because only brothers-in-arms knows what war is truly like."[/BCOLOR]

"I am better than Ryuu, like ten times better, guaranteed, but he's fun to play with. We're on a winning streak on this one game too. I call him up, we hang out, and we win. That's how it works."

[BCOLOR=transparent]The World | Negative | FK DA POLICE[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"The world has screwed Pratt over. God damned RNG."[/BCOLOR]

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
R.I.P. not what I wanted to do. I am still trying to do BBCode stuffs and reading other people's stuffs...

|.|.| Approved! |.|.|
18.5.17:
  • Added:
    • Relationship to Amaya Fujimoto & Naomasa Ishida.
  • Deprecated:
    • Relationship to Pratt Rikuto & Sayuri Alexander. See you, space cowhands.
2.5.17:
  • Added:
    • Relationship to Morita Nyoko.
26.3.17:
  • Added:
    • IC avatar mini-image.
  • Changed:
    • "Work in progress" status to "approved".
18.3.17:
  • Added:
    • Appearance description.
    • Reputations.
    • Specific character relationships.
    • VirtuAva appearance description, weapon, and battle actions.
  • Changed:
    • Self-Introduction.
  • To-Do:
    • Final logical and lore check.
    • Read the IC thread!
16.3.17:
  • Added:
    • Character quote.
    • Personality information.
    • Character themes & voice actor.
    • VirtuAva faceclaim.
    • VirtuAva formatting framework.
  • Changed:
    • Birth month from March to September.
    • Numerous minor formatting modifications.
  • To-Do:
    • Appearance description, of both physical appearance and VirtuAva.
    • History, both general and character-specific.
Name: Miyamoto Ryuu
Romantic Rolls: 1+
Hetero Romance: Yes
Homosexual Romance: No
Trope Relationships: Yes
[fieldbox=Miyamoto Ryuu, #2feb83, solid]Core Information Section
1GKoNSZ.gif

"When you're scared, that's all the more reason to move forward!"
Space King Bachika Kittan

• Character Color Code: #2feb83 - "Wintergreen"
  • Full Name: Miyamoto, Ryuu
  • Date of Birth: 13th ​of September
  • Sex: Male
  • Appearance:
    • Ryuu has a slim build, standing at about 165cm in height. He's got a bit of muscle from participation in resistance training for VirtuAva battling, but nothing to show off.
    • Ryuu's hair is a light blonde, and his eyes are bright emerald.
    • Ryuu dresses in the school uniform during class hours, and casually at other times. His favorite things to wear are pants with many pockets, light jackets or hoodies, and pastel-colored shirts.
    • Ryuu tries to keep a smile on his face when around friends, but most of the time, his face will show nothing about his emotions inside.
  • Most Relevant Sin: Sloth
  • Most Relevant Virtue: Charity
  • Most Relevant Ideology: Order
    • Rainy days, autumn weather, quiet mornings & evenings, and sleeping in.
    • Music.
    • Reading - any type of literature, be it novels, manga series, or the school paper.
    • Attention - having a history of remaining in the background, Ryuu enjoys it when somebody he enjoys being around also enjoys being with him. He's never had many true friends, so he keeps these as close to him as possible.
  • Dislikes:
    • Hot weather, bodybuilding, busy atmospheres, and small or dark places.
    • Schoolwork - while Ryuu's assignments could probably be done fairly quickly and easily, he finds it hard to concentrate on one subject for too long at a time, especially if it's uninteresting to him. This leads to the bad habit of procrastination, more often than not. It's something he's going to need to work on.
    • Bland Meals - with his chef's palate, Ryuu finds it hard to enjoy the "simple" meals that compose the usual students' fare.
  • Hobbies:
    • Cooking - having formed a sort of unofficial "cooking club" with a select number of other students at Hisakawa Koukousei, Ryuu enjoys swapping notes and recipes with the other members of this small, tight-knit group.
    • Exploration - Ryuu tends to wander off when he can't find anything to hold his attention in one place. Perhaps just to look around, perhaps to get away from a stifling location. Maybe it's just "time" for a change in scenery, after a while.
    • Video Games - one of the few parts of life where Ryuu can let loose of his bottled-up emotions, aside from the VirtuAva battles, video games are more than a distraction; they're a training ground. Ryuu's faced some of his toughest opponents on the competitive fields of these games, both human and inhuman. His reactions will cause him to either grow as a person or withdraw further into himself.
    • Programming - Like many other students, due to the implanted hardware and his proficiency in using his Chip, Ryuu spends time tinkering with code. He's not done anything he'd feel comfortable sharing with others yet, but he's begun to look into the many capabilities he can make use of with his Chip.
  • Fears:
    • Failure - Ryuu has a tendency to panic when difficulty shows its face. Usually, he'll be able to overcome this initial panic and regain control of the situation, but it's more difficult if he's under pressure, such as time or the ignominy of failure.
    • Loneliness - growing up, Ryuu was often left by himself, except for rare moments that he shared with a classmate. By quietly observing how others around him acted with each other, Ryuu was able to develop his own social skills, but they're not always as perfect as he might wish. He gets attached very easily to people who give him the attention he never received, and this is a very dangerous thing, especially where relationships might be involved.
    • Darkness - this refers to both physical darkness, where unspeakable horrors might lurk, and the psychological darkness, brought about by the other two fears. It's a difficult life, but Ryuu's friends help him get through it.
    Ryuu is a quiet person, and if people speak about him, it's usually to discuss his cooking creations or his status in the VirtuAva battles. Surprisingly, he's still a familiar figure to many students, whether in his usual appearance or under the form of his virtual avatar, and can be found almost anywhere across the school grounds.
    In the classroom, Ryuu is diligent but easily bored, and will more often offer help to a classmate than spend time finishing his own work. While people wouldn't exactly describe Ryuu as "reclusive", he's certainly not extroverted in any sense.
    It takes a special person to see something in Ryuu, and oftentimes he can't believe that, even if somebody does take an interest in him, it's actually real. This isn't a trust issue so much as suspension of disbelief.
  • Friends:
    • "Ryuu-kun is a good person. He does well in school, but doesn't overperform. He tends to keep his thoughts to himself, unless he's with one of his closer friends."
    • "Ryuu-kun's cooking is really good. He's part of this 'cooking club' or something, and he gives out food when they hold meetings or competitions."
    • "Ryuu-kun might not always know what to say, but he'll be around for you if you need something. Don't be afraid to be friendly to him, since he thrives off of that. He needs to get over his own inferiority complex."
    • "Ryuu-kun really likes rainy days and video games, right? This one time, he forgot that electronics don't like the rain, and wandered outside during a storm because he wanted to enjoy both at the same time. He appears a bit absent-minded, but it's endearing."
  • Enemies:
    • "Miyamoto-san? Oh, him. He lurks in the corner, and never says much. When he does, it's something that the rest of use couldn't care less about. I don't know why we keep him around."
    • "He just floats along on his homework. Why doesn't he have as much to do as the rest of us? It's fun to watch him panic when exams come around, though."
  • Strangers:
    • "Miyamoto Ryuu? I've seen him a few times in class and at the arena. He does well for himself, I think. He doesn't stand out particularly."
    • "He's nothing special, but he's not really ordinary either. There's a little bit of a spark in his eyes, even if the rest of his face doesn't agree. But, I haven't spent enough time with him to know anything more."
    • "I've seen him in passing, here and there. He treats everybody well, but he looks blank a lot, unless he's with friends."
Dwm2rIz.jpg

"Nice to meet you. I'm Miyamoto Ryuu... no, I'm not related to anyone in the video game industry, though that'd be neat. I just happen to have the same family name, that's all. My given name means something like 'dragon spirit', but I don't think it fits me very well, ehehe...

Umm... right, well, I guess I'll start at the beginning. Since when I was very young, my parents were never around much. I don't mind who knows, really; it might help some people understand me a little better. Anyway - I spent my days at school, and my evenings alone. I don't have any siblings, you see, although I've always wanted one. I'll get back to that in a little bit.

So, yeah... life has been kind of lonely for me, usually. It's gotten a lot better in recent years; but, I'm getting ahead of myself again. The first important thing that happened in my life was my journey out of the country. When I was in elementary school, my parents took several months away from their business here in Japan to visit their child companies in America. I waved goodbye to a few classmates, Taigi-kun and Leo-kun, before going away. They've been near me for a while, and they're actually here at Hisakawa today.

You'd think my parents might have wanted to spend time with their actual child, instead of devoting so much time in managing financial affairs, but I'm not sure that thought once crossed their mind...
Sorry... that might sound a bit sad, I realize, but I'm okay with it now. It's in the past, but it's still a part of me. Anyway... yes, so, my parents took me with them to America, and put me into an elementary school there for several months. It was at this place that I met somebody who would become very dear to me, but you can't tell her that, please?

Her name is Sayuri... Alexander Sayuri. In elementary school in America, she was really nice to me, and helped me on my homework every time I asked for it. She even spoke Japanese! I didn't know anybody else, barely, but Sayuri-chan decided she'd be friends with me. I don't know why... I'm really nothing special...

But, anyway; I'm very glad Sayuri-chan and I became friends. In fourth grade, we actually ended up spending a lot of time together, which my parents were quick to allow. With me out of the way, they were free to run their business. I was happy with Sayuri; I felt wanted, for the first time in a long time, even though I didn't understand my feelings, back then. We read stories together, played in the rain, and watched movies. One night, we accidentally fell asleep in a pillow fort during a movie, and it collapsed! But, nobody got upset because of this, which was strange to me. Sayuri even liked it, and I did too. Soon after that, when Valentine's Day came around, I was watching everybody trade presents, feeling a little sad. But Sayuri... she gave me an incredible present that day. I think I realized, then, that I maybe meant something more to her, than just another classmate. Looking back, I was a very slow child...

Soon, fourth grade was drawing to a close, and I'd heard that my parents were finishing their business in America. It looked like we'd be returning to Japan soon, and I didn't know how I felt about this. I knew one thing; I didn't want to say goodbye to Sayuri-chan. In the weeks leading up to my departure, I tried to spend as much time with her as possible... but something terrible happened, one night, just a week before I left America: Sayuri's older sister died.

I'm not going to speak of that too much, because it's not my place. I will say what I did, though, that awful night... it was getting late, and was looking for Sayuri-chan, because I'd made up my mind to speak to her. I wanted to tell her how I felt, how I didn't want to leave. But I never got the chance. I saw everything that happened; I saw her sister's body. I panicked, and I ran to get the teacher. The teacher asked me hurried questions, then left to call the police. I went back to Sayuri... she was frozen, she didn't respond. I tried to take her away, but she wouldn't leave her sister until more people came. Then, Sayuri began to cry... she cried for a long time. I stayed with her all night.

One week later, it was time to leave. Sayuri-chan wouldn't be consoled, and we parted with many tears each. Her sister's death was still too fresh, and I didn't know how to help. I didn't even know if I would see her again, but I would never forget her.

This was a very important point in my life, I think. I can describe those feelings now... I was sad, angry, and massively upset. Sad for Sayuri, angry that I had to leave her and return to Japan, and upset because nothing in my life would be the same. I think I became a little depressed, over the next few years, but I think things are now starting to get better.

I returned to Japan, where I completed my primary school education over the next two, long years. It was at this point that I took up cooking as a hobby. I wasn't the best at the beginning, obviously, but soon I did become one of the top contenders in local contests. I didn't meet anyone quite like Sayuri-chan during this time, but I was able to reconnect with a few former classmates. Eventually, it was time to move up into middle school, and that is how I came to Hisakawa.

So, do you remember what I mentioned before, about always wanting a sibling? Well, during the summer before I started here at Hisakawa, I entered a cooking contest at the fall festival. It was a close match, and it ended up with a tie between myself and another girl... Imada Chiyo. Chiyo-chan had made a very tasty dessert that she called 'bear cubs', and she even ended up giving me the prize. I was a little confused, because Chiyo-chan was unexpectedly nice to me, and we stayed for a while longer at the festival that night. She explained that she definitely wanted to compete against me next time, and I was willing to accept that challenge. Still, we had a great time at the festival together, even with me being as socially inept as I am. I can even remember the giant clips she had in her hair, keeping her twin-tails pinned up. She had a pretty festival dress on, too, that night. We parted ways, looking forward to next years' competition. But, guess what?

As it turned out, both Sayuri-chan and Chiyo-chan entered Hisakawa at the same time as I did. At first, I was super happy to see Sayuri-chan again, but I didn't know how to approach her yet. I didn't know whether I was still close enough to her, so that I could ask how she was doing. But, I went for it. I think things turned out okay... she enjoys spending time with me, when we can, outside of classes, here at the academy. I offered to help her if she ever needed assistance in her classwork, since she'd helped me back in America. Sayuri-chan has taken me up on that many times, by now, and I don't think it's really because she needs the help. I'm happy, again, even if it's not all the time.

As for Chiyo-chan, her and I have formed a small cooking club, and we hold competitions and weekly meetings to talk about all sorts of stuff. Chiyo and I playfully tease each other a lot, and sometimes people get confused about our relationship. At that point, we do as much as possible to toy with these people, and cause them to think we're siblings. It's something we both enjoy, being ridiculous like that; and deep down, I think there's a little bit of longing for an actual sibling relationship, where there is somebody we can each trust and depend on. I think Sayuri-chan gets a little jealous sometimes, but deep down, I feel that she understands. Besides, I have a good connection with Sayuri-chan, too. I probably know more about her than anyone else at the school, aside from her twin sister, Mana-chan. Sayuri and I have spent time together at Hisakawa, but not nearly enough, yet... stupid class schedules.

I've nearly forgotten to mention; when I came to Hisakawa, it wasn't only girls that I met and formed bonds with. There were also some boys that I made good connections with, thanks to out similar interests. For two, there were Taigi-kun and Leo-kun, who I've mentioned before as being friends from my childhood. When we're together, people call us 'the three musketeers of silence'. It's kind of silly, but it fits, too. We understand each other, like this, and we don't have to speak as much since our personalities are similar. And, finally, it was at Hisakawa that I met my newest friend, Pratt-kun. He's a little bit louder than us musketeers, but it complements well with that part of myself. We do fantastically well in video game competitions together, somehow winning nearly all the time. I'd met Pratt in the video game arena one time, played a game against him, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Thank you so much for listening to my story. It's a lot to take in, I realize, and some parts of it aren't completely happy. But, that's life, and we either have to make do with what we are given, or take the reins of life and cause it to favor us instead. It's for this reason that I've chosen Bachika Kittan's quote as my favorite... much too often, I'm tempted to simply let things pass. But with what I know about Sayuri-chan, I realize that letting things hit you left and right is now way to be living. Instead, it's best to find something or somebody to live for, and that way you can feel like your actions mean something. I'm not afraid to do things, if it's for Sayuri-chan. Because of our past, I can live for today, and tomorrow. I'm not going to give up on something just because it's frightening. I will fight my fears. I will live every day as best as I can, and slowly I will get stronger and better at doing this."

Virtu-Ava Section
8858453_orig.jpg

Appearance
  • Ryuu's virtual avatar has an identical build and hair color to his physical appearance, but that is where the similarities end.
  • The clothing he's chosen for his VirtuAva looks like something from an epic fantasy adventure, bold and dashing.
  • The look on Ryuu's avatar's face, with bright beast-like golden eyes, is more focused and a bit fiercer than Ryuu's normal expression, a fitting style for an arena fighter.
  • For whatever reason, the avatar has a pair of dark brown cat's ears atop his head, matching the color of his cloak and pants. There must be a bug in the programming somewhere, since Ryuu has tried and failed numerous times previously to remove these. Eventually, he just accepted fate's decision, to the amusement of some of his peers.

Weapon
  • Spiked Knuckledusters
    • This pair of sturdy gauntlets has a set of ridged teeth on each hand, one large tooth for each finger. Attacks are made by punching the opponent, either with the closed fist or a backhanded smack.
    • A sharpened steel spike can be forcefully extended from its sheath, atop the gauntlet. This gives simulated piercing damage to Ryuu's blows.
    • The tops of the gauntlets also function as a weak shield, for basic protection against bladed attacks. Usually it's better just to dodge attacks, however.

Battle Actions
  • Skill 1:
    Piercing Punches
    TYPE: HEAVY
    DESCRIPTION: Putting weight behind his blows, Ryuu engages the spike on his gauntlet.
  • Skill 2:
    Catseye Counter
    TYPE: GUARD
    DESCRIPTION: Ears twitching, Ryuu uses his gauntlets to shield himself from attacks.
  • Skill 3:
    Swift Strike
    TYPE: FAST
    DESCRIPTION: Ryuu dashes into an opening in the opponent's defense, punching quickly with the teeth of his knuckle-guards.

Relationships Section
The World / Negative / Life Is Suckware
  • "My life is irrevocably pledged to the RNG."
Sagawa Mizunohara / Negative / Bad Occurrence
  • You two had one of 'those moments' that have been a wedge in you two getting along.
  • "She's actually an interesting person, but I'm not very good at being social. I tried to make a joke one time, but it backfired horribly; I've been rather avoiding Mizunohara-san ever since."
Kira Oshiro / Negative / Mutually Annoyed
  • You dislike one another's personality for some reason. How annoying.
  • "Oshiro-san is too busy all the time; I can't see how she handles it. She'd be nice, were it not for the fact that she's always 'borrowing' my stuff. I have to keep a close eye on my school supplies and tools when she's nearby."
Yuuki Iwasawa / Positive / Middle School Friends
  • You two became friends around middle school, and saw each other progress from being immature, to slightly less immature.
  • "We've battled each other before, but in video games, not VirtuAva battles. Yuuki handles himself well, and he's gotten a little better at treating people since middle school."
Michio Kamijou / Positive / Acquainted
  • You two have spoken a couple of times in class, or were in the same project. You get along.
  • "He's got a neat hair color. We seem to have similar personalities, and our projects together have turned out well in the past."
Iori Nishimura / Negative / Hated Rivals
  • Always trying to one up one another, somehow in some way. People don't like it when you two are in the same room.
  • "She's very judgmental. Sometimes we end up competing against each other for grades or prizes. Whenever she's around, I feel stifled, as if she's watching my every move. I don't get it."
Chiyo Imada / Positive / Gourmands (Trope)
  • You both love to cook and bake, often competing to come up with the tastiest dish. It's all in good fun, and it tastes delicious. Other students may turn to you for advice when it comes to food.
  • "Ever since we met, we've had great times together. We get along so well that some people have started to think we're siblings. Chiyo-chan is always ready to listen if I need something, even if it's not about food. The cooking club we've formed with some other students is a fun hobby, and we get to eat really well, too."
Rei Saionji / Negative / Irrelevant Friendship
  • At one point in time, you two were friends. But as time went on, you two seem to be drifting apart.
  • "After we were introduced, I tried to be friendly to her. She didn't seem very interested, so I wondered if I'd done something wrong, like what so often happens... I've stopped worrying about her, as she seems to have done also."
Taigi Narita / Positive / Childhood Friends
  • You two have been friends since elementary school. You two might as well be siblings.
  • "He's introverted, like me. We get along well for this and other reasons. I can count on him to tell me what's what."
Leo Kane / Positive / Childhood Friends
  • You two have been friends since elementary school. You two might as well be siblings.
  • "He's about as quiet as I am, but he seems even more withdrawn at times. Still, we're around for each other if either of us need anything."
Kyouko Himura / Positive / New Friends
  • You two started getting along really well this year. You've hung out at least a few times already.
  • "We've played video games together several times, and each time has been a lot of fun. She's very comfortable with herself, and her eye-patch makes her look wicked cool."
Sayoto Ayame / Negative / Hated Rivals
  • Always trying to one up one another, somehow in some way. People don't like it when you two are in the same room.
  • "She seems to think I'm a 'slacker', as she puts it. I get bored easily in class, and I don't think she likes that I still make good grades anyway. She's also a bit extreme; she showed up to my place with a knife in hand when I'd forgotten to return a textbook."
Ganzo Hayabusa / Positive / New Friends
  • You two started getting along really well this year. You've hung out at least a few times already.
  • "He likes stupid jokes, and so do I. Nobody else really understands why, but we get along really well. I've mentioned the cooking club to him before, but he's not really taken by the idea, although we have swapped ideas on different regional dishes from time to time."
Mana Kamei / Positive / Acquainted
  • You two have spoken a couple of times in class, or were in the same project. You get along.
  • "Mana-chan's kinda kooky, but in a good way. We've played video games together a few times, outside of class, and I gave her some food from the cooking club once. She's actually Sayuri-chan's twin, but the two of them don't get along very well. It's kind of a shame, but I'd never say that aloud."
Sayuri Alexander / Romance / Star-Crossed Lovers
  • You've had feelings for each other for years, but something always gets in the way. A date may be interrupted, a friend may dislike your relationship, or a relative is more important. It's like fate is actively working against your potential union.
  • "Sayuri-chan is super cute and bubbly. I've known her for a long time, but it hasn't always been happy for her. I'd like her to know that I'm here for her, but it's hard to put that into words when she's around. She's very kind to everyone, but she seems troubled. I've stood up for her before when people were acting horrible to her, and ever since that one fateful night in America, I want to make sure she's always happy."
Pratt Rikuto / Positive / Brothers-In-Arms (Trope)
  • Ryuu and Pratt first met at the arcade where they were into the same virtual reality war game. They've seen numerous battles together, and somehow always come out on top, even when the odds were stacked against them. In reality, they share a unique bond, because only brothers-in-arms knows what war is truly like.
  • "Pratt is just weird enough that we get along fantastically. We pair up in games and battles so often that we don't need to speak our thoughts as often as we play them out. He thinks he's some one-shot-hotshot-piece-of-hot-snot, but I don't mind; it makes working together so much fun. As he puts it so succinctly, we play, we hang, and we win; that's how it works."
Morita Nyoko / Negative / Irrelevant Friendship
  • At one point in time, you two were friends. But as time went on, you two seem to be drifting apart.
  • "Morita doesn't like my competitive side. Too bad, really; that's how I stand out."
Amaya Fujimoto / Negative / Rumour Has It... (Trope)
  • Rumours tend to spread about Amaya and Ryuu, ranging from the bizarre, like how their parents have arranged their future marriage, to the plausible, like how they're long lost cousins. Any attempt to stop such rumours fail, since a new source creates a new rumour.
  • "There's been a bunch of ridiculous stuff going around about us two lately. I try to shut people up when I can, but it's just too strange, the way they look at me afterward. I try not to show it, but it's worrying me. I don't think Amaya and I can have a good relationship with this going on. I wish I could do something about it."
Naomasa Ishida / Positive / Childhood Friends
  • "Naomasa and I have very similar tastes to myself. It's almost alarming."

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Navi
A really quick check in to say I posted, and welcome to our new people! @ShiroKiyoshi & @Eruantien

While I'm not always too active in the OOC, If you put in the time, dedication, and effort in the IC I'll do like wise (in the IC)! Looking forward to see you two try to take the Male Protagonist spot from @Rithas!

Reactions: Eruantien
Given Yz's absence and the fact he hasn't said anything to me, should we poke him or just let one of the new joiners be the bodyguard?
I don't really go on witch hunts. I'd basically disreguard them if they aren't responding back. Though, I'll go ahead and tag @Yzmael here to let them know we're wondering where they've gone.

(Sorry for the double post! Had to do it so the Notification for Yz would work!)

• Thank You
Reactions: RedArmyShogun
@Ehb
@Miya
Posted. I know I asked for a week time so I could post in peace and now here I am producing shit nonetheless. I do feel bad about it and I apologize for that. I am truly sorry.
Don't sweat it, we're in this together. /thumbs up. Besides I have a test tomorrow.

However...

/serious mode

After reading that advancement, I have to openly declare that Iori tries her best to keep Red Panda stuff away from her school/personal life. Especially her friends/Sagawa-related. She's not the person to mix both grey-sided stuff (her underground Virtu-Ava fights for example, Red Panda) and her personal life. Iori considers it as her job, not a part of her life. That's why only those who are pretty close eg family (her father knows what she's doing everyday considering her VR chip was designed by her father, childhood/middle school friends, Chiyo and now Sagawa of course considering she pried on the maid's privacy knows that grey side of her, as Iori herself wants to get out of poverty.

In fact, I would say Iori is one of the few well-behaved Red Panda lieutenants that chose to avoid unnecessary trouble (since my initial plan of making her neutral is gone now, if she was neutral I could easily account for her hotblooded-ness stated in her reputation section) and pick fights that could tremendously benefit the Red Pandas instead of challenging anyone she comes across. Of course, IMHO that doesn't sit well with Kyouko who wants to smash the opposition ASAP.

Oh look, did I just discovered the reason(s) why Kyouko and Iori hated each other?

I'm sorry that this is sudden and perhaps come out heavy toned for some of you, but considering that the recent post triggered something within me, plus I have a test tomorrow, yeah.

Right, I did this before Ren got offed in the last iteration.

And this is just the first arc.

Mhmmm, yep.

A really quick check in to say I posted, and welcome to our new people! @ShiroKiyoshi & @Eruantien

While I'm not always too active in the OOC, If you put in the time, dedication, and effort in the IC I'll do like wise (in the IC)! Looking forward to see you two try to take the Male Protagonist spot from @Rithas!
Whoo!

Split half and half with positive and negative relationships with the new characters~
Nice.

(Please note that I've been on spring break which was preceded by midterms, hence the lack of replies. So if we've already talked about relationships I've forgotten.)

@☆ Mirai ☆
How did you want to meet Rei in order to become friends with her? Did she maybe hear that Rei and Michio were friends once upon a time?

@Luma
Why did this relationship end poorly? Any ideas?

@ShiroKiyoshi
How did these two become friends, and why would they drift apart?

Split half and half with positive and negative relationships with the new characters~
Nice.

(Please note that I've been on spring break which was preceded by midterms, hence the lack of replies. So if we've already talked about relationships I've forgotten.)

@☆ Mirai ☆
How did you want to meet Rei in order to become friends with her? Did she maybe hear that Rei and Michio were friends once upon a time?

@Luma

@ShiroKiyoshi
I believe you have Mirai and me mixed up, but right. Mana could've met Rei through Aya, since they know each other fairly well.

Also, I think I'm just about done with my character sheet. @Ehb @Wen @otherpeople
Changelog is on the top so you don't have to re-read the whole thing over again (unless you really want to).

Reactions: Miya
I believe you have Mirai and me mixed up, but right. Mana could've met Rei through Aya, since they know each other fairly well.

Also, I think I'm just about done with my character sheet. @Ehb @Wen @otherpeople
Changelog is on the top so you don't have to re-read the whole thing over again (unless you really want to).
Dang it. Happens when you're doing two things at once, I suppose. That works, especially since Ayame kind of tends to hang around Rei because of her job and stuff.

Nice.

@☆ Mirai ☆

@Luma

@ShiroKiyoshi

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that. Seeing that Sayuri and Rei's relationship is Negative. (I wish it was positive ToT)

Anyways-I do have one Idea, in fact it's in her Self-Introduction. (But's it's also a spoiler for her character too).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that. Seeing that Sayuri and Rei's relationship is Negative. (I wish it was positive ToT)

Anyways-I do have one Idea, in fact it's in her Self-Introduction. (But's it's also a spoiler for her character too).
Can you link me your sheet? I'm also posting in the IC, so I'm a bit scatterbrained.

☆ Mirai ☆ said:
There's no doubt; This person is a Scary Tsundere!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) darn right, but she hasn't been able to be tsundere lately :<

Anyway on to business. There's a lot to work with, but what in particular are you referencing? Is it the spoilered stuff?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) darn right, but she hasn't been able to be tsundere lately :<

Anyway on to business. There's a lot to work with, but what in particular are you referencing? Is it the spoilered stuff?
In a way, Yes.

However I'm surprised you said "There was a lot to work with". What are you referencing?

In a way, Yes.

However I'm surprised you said "There was a lot to work with". What are you referencing?
There's the [whoops spoilers]... plus she's new friends with Trap Yuuki. provided Trap Yuuki is still around haven't heard from him much
Plus there's Rei's own baggage with the yakuza and her mom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.