Hey all,

I realize I just made that announcement about PMing everyone for posts weekly but just being bluntly honest here, I'm really tired out. This RP has been a lot more effort than I initially planned and it feels like trying to keep it alive is way more energy than I should be expending on it.

So for anyone who wants to actively continue this rp, please reply here saying so. I will take all the people who did this by Friday, 23 June, and create a new plot line / course of action (and possibly even a new private thread for us) in place of all the characters who would no longer be involved. If nobody replies, then I will keep posting in the IC if someone is waiting on one of my characters, but I won't be bugging anyone for replies ever, so the thread most likely will quietly die from inactivity if its recent history is anything to go by.
And if everyone replies, then maybe we can all laugh about this later.

Additionally, I have stopped actively recruiting people for the rp (as of today).

A lot of this is my fault. I've made like a billion missteps GMing this and I apologize for that. I've tried to change and improve but at this point it feels like I spend more time bugging people to post than actually posting. I don't like doing that and I'm sure people who aren't too interested in continuing would prefer to quietly drop the rp.

It's been a fun run and I'm thankful to everyone who played and helped me learn to GM through this experience. I'll do 1x1s if anyone's interested in that.
I may remake this rp in the future, but I'm really too tired of the concept right now to pull a total reset of it at the current time.

If you want to run something based on this concept, feel free to "steal" the idea. I hope you're successful! Maybe I can join? xP

I've learned a lot through this experience and will try to not make the same mistakes in other RPs I try to GM. Thank you everyone who has played, enjoyed the RP concept, and/or stuck with me through all of my fumbling.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT 23 June: I've PMed the people for the new rp. Consider this RP now inactive.
No longer accepting new members, but will respond in the [original] IC thread if others still post there.

Last edited:
I'll post later today, but don't think it will affect anyone inside the library because Alex was heading out anyway :p

Character Name:
Lawrence Faulkner

User Name:
Plain Joe

Affiliation:
Clef

SFZ Officer

Bio:
Faulkner describes himself as a regular man who simply had the thought that the path of the law was the path for him since he was a child, and worked hard for that goal. To be a member of the Sforzando. His colleagues have also testified to the effect that he is a generally good-natured and reliable man who takes his job seriously, both as a Clef and an SFZ member. He speaks casually when off the job, and is generally easy going, and quite amicable. On duty, he keeps his easy going attitude, but bears a certain professional air. Amicable also might not apply during office hours.

He has said in several interviews that while he takes no joy in doing his job, he also feels no remorse. Those who are in need of punishment will receive their dues, and that this job is notably the only thing that puts his coffee and toast on his table every morning. Indeed, he shows near to no emotion when performing his duties as an SFZ, instead showing remarkable level-headedness. He is often called on to perform interrogations and what he calls 'forceful negotiations'. His take on the Mute is ambiguous, since he occasionally makes rather vague comments on music, and expresses frequently that upholding the law is a job, and hints at that it may not be to his beliefs.

Faulkner is often seen in an impeccably nice suit, which juxtaposes, yet fits, with his mess of a mop of hair atop his head. On the job, he wears a pair of maroon gloves, possibly to hide any fluids that might spill when his hands slip. Image

is this good

Welp. my plans to post yesterday kinda went down the drain when Iwaku went downtown for maintenance, so I'll try and see if I can squeeze a bit of time to post later today.

I should let you know that until Wednesday I won't have much time to post in general.

Reactions: Vardoger
Yeah, the maintenance kinda put a damper in a lot of people's plans (including my own) I'm sure. =(

This looks like so much fun! I hope that it's all right that I submit this.

Character Name: Marjorie Abbott
User Name: @Halcyon
Affiliation: Clef
Bio:
Marjorie grew up in a cozy, upper-middle class neighborhood in the heart of O Town. She was a neat, level-headed child, who played politely with other children and was well loved by teachers and parents alike. She loved her home, her neighborhood, and was altogether very content with her lot in life. However, as ehs grew older, she became more aware of the world around her, and her idyllic little slice of O Town became less and less utopian. She would see the telltale ruckus of the resident gangbangers on the news, and the worried looks on her parent's faces that came with it. When one of her neighbors, a quiet fellow who seemed nice enough to everyone around him, was found with a piano in his home, the panic that ensued shook Marjorie to the core.

After that, she switched the focus of her studies from childcare to law enforcement, determined to root out the source of that which disrupted the calm of her precious city. After she graduated, she assumed a position as a detective at the local police agency and never looked back. Marjorie- now Detective Abbott- does not often look the part. She dresses casually, badge and weapon hidden away on her person, armed instead with an easy smile and a silver tongue. It's easier to get clues if nobody knows you're looking for them, after all.

Reactions: Chatoyante
@Halcyon welcome! Post in the IC thread whenever you can! =)

Everyone, welcome our new NuMetal member! =)

Character name: Amara Braddock
Username: @InnocentThorns
Affiliation: NuMetal Clef
Occupation: Undercover Clef, but tells people she is a live-in nanny to account for being at a nice residence much of the time.
Bio: Amara was born in Musica and grew up there with the firm ideal that music was horrible. Her father was a Clef, and as such, she followed in his footsteps, becoming a clef and helping fight music crime. While she was mostly a desk jockey, doing paperwork, not much out on the streets, her gentle personality and unassuming nature made her a candidate for the idea of getting a clef into one of the gangs, feeling she would not be suspected of being law enforcement.

She was approached to find one of the gangs and get into it, which she did, and has been part of NuMetal for two years. It was shortly after her initiation that she first heard music, when her Tie was removed, and that changed Amara's perspective on everything. Music so beautiful that it brought her to tears, music that could make her feel things she was certain she had never felt before.

It was shortly after she began hearing music that Amara began feeding the Clefs incorrect information. She promised herself at first it was just to have more time to experience the music, to see what it could make her feel. Then she began caring about the people who she was investigating. Finding the true spirit of what they were doing, she could no longer deny that she had become sympathetic toward the plight of the gangs. Amara then decided that she would continue giving only half information.

Now she balances between being discovered on both sides. Both with her contacts in the world of law enforcement, and in the world of music that she loves so dear. Since she joined with NuMetal, she has become adept in the glass flute, and in singing, and has to be very careful to not sing while she is away from the gang members, even at home. She suspects her home has been bugged.

Appearance.

Oh my gosh! Three clefs. ^_________^ I'm so excited!

Kekeke, of course it's NuMetals that were infiltrated! xP

Welcome aboard!

Now, in Amara's defense, she's changed her mind and she's feeding the Clefs bad information.

Kekeke, of course it's NuMetals that were infiltrated! xP

Welcome aboard!
Well, I mean, according to the Elecs we're all idiots anyway, so......

xP

Well, I mean, according to the Elecs we're all idiots anyway, so......

xP

S'what I'm sayin'! xP I'm trying to picture what Rae would do if she knew, bad info or not. Like, would she just be, "Well, of course, they're Numetals. *haughty eyerolling*" or would she actually have a problem, being paranoid? Worth a thought.

Reactions: Shavynel
@Chatoyante Amara's been around for 2 years. I wouldn't call her very suspicious. I don't think Rae would realize it.

Hell, she's probably in Rye's inner circle. He's pretty trusting, still.

@Vardoger I think you're misreading me. =/ I'm not saying I'm gonna come out with Rachel, guns-blazing, like, "HEY. THAT'S A CLEF." or anything dumb. Was just imagining the possible scenario where if the truth did leak somewhere along the line, and if Rae would care.

Reactions: Vardoger
@Chatoyante
I'm not sure if I was misinterpreting you or if my tone was just off. Yesterday was not a good day for me and when I wrote that I was half asleep. Apologies.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Hey, she's just trying to get everyone to stop being all mean. They can be nice. It's okay!

Who's being mean? No one's being mean. Got an ice pack? Will maintain peace for an ice pack.

I still love how it's a Clef (if undercover and maybe converted) trying to maintain order. xD

Can't we all just get along?!

She probably has a handkerchief in her bag.