Hey all,

I realize I just made that announcement about PMing everyone for posts weekly but just being bluntly honest here, I'm really tired out. This RP has been a lot more effort than I initially planned and it feels like trying to keep it alive is way more energy than I should be expending on it.

So for anyone who wants to actively continue this rp, please reply here saying so. I will take all the people who did this by Friday, 23 June, and create a new plot line / course of action (and possibly even a new private thread for us) in place of all the characters who would no longer be involved. If nobody replies, then I will keep posting in the IC if someone is waiting on one of my characters, but I won't be bugging anyone for replies ever, so the thread most likely will quietly die from inactivity if its recent history is anything to go by.
And if everyone replies, then maybe we can all laugh about this later.

Additionally, I have stopped actively recruiting people for the rp (as of today).

A lot of this is my fault. I've made like a billion missteps GMing this and I apologize for that. I've tried to change and improve but at this point it feels like I spend more time bugging people to post than actually posting. I don't like doing that and I'm sure people who aren't too interested in continuing would prefer to quietly drop the rp.

It's been a fun run and I'm thankful to everyone who played and helped me learn to GM through this experience. I'll do 1x1s if anyone's interested in that.
I may remake this rp in the future, but I'm really too tired of the concept right now to pull a total reset of it at the current time.

If you want to run something based on this concept, feel free to "steal" the idea. I hope you're successful! Maybe I can join? xP

I've learned a lot through this experience and will try to not make the same mistakes in other RPs I try to GM. Thank you everyone who has played, enjoyed the RP concept, and/or stuck with me through all of my fumbling.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT 23 June: I've PMed the people for the new rp. Consider this RP now inactive.
No longer accepting new members, but will respond in the [original] IC thread if others still post there.

Last edited:
My writing bug just up and died. This is a very crappy way to start an rp I know. I will definitely have a post up tomorrow (Tuesday), though.
And if I don't, feel free to raze me.

Generally I'm pretty true to my word on these things.

EDIT: Posted.

Last edited:
Oooo. I haven't quite read through everything yet, but I've read enough to throw in interest for an Elec. ^_^ Are there still Ex-Nausicaa spots left?

@ Everyone

What are your posting schedules if you have one? How often would you like to post? I have been holding off in hopes of giving some new members time to hop in before things get more active, but I don't want you guys to lose interest, and I am definitely able to post more often if that is what everyone already here prefers!

Also: Any suggestions to drum up some more interest in the rp?
Could I do something better with the thread setup?

EDIT:
I made a small change to the rules. Now new character profiles are posted here instead of PMed to me.

Last edited:
Excellent, here's my character! Let me know if she's too much and if there's anything I ned to change.

[b]Character Name:[/b] Nadia Agapova
[b]User Name:[/b] @Shavynel
[b]Age:[/b] 18
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Affiliation:[/b] Ex-Nausicaa Electronica
[b]Occupation:[/b] Legal Intern
[b]Bio:[/b] Born Nadia Andreiko, from the age of four, she had been in and out of foster homes like nothing else, which ought to be expected given she was hostile toward new foster parents, completely unruly and uninclined to listen to anyone. In any case, it shouldn't be surprising that she looked outside of the system for something real. She was twelve when she first heard of Nausicaa, having cultivated the desire to acquire a cello. Being that young, she hardly had the funds to buy the instrument, but that ultimately led to running away from home, changing her name to Nadia Agapova, and joining the gang, just a year before it disbanded. She was a bit young, but she'd developed an uncanny ability to sneak around, climb, and stay hidden in her days skipping school and chasing music.

Following Rae was an obvious choice. First of all, Rae's philosophy matched her own survival instinct. Anything less was just stupid (and anyone who left was a traitor). Second of all, Rae was the one who pushed her to be better. Not just at playing the cello (don't even think about mentioning how it doesn't suit her or worse, how it's the only thing that suits her), performing missions, helping out around the gang, but in life in general. Rae was the reason she went from flunking middle school to eventually finishing high school a year early, and snagging an internship at the law firm. It isn't much, yet -- a whole lot of running of papers and just paperwork in general -- but Nadia figures the connections will be worth it.

Nadia's still hostile to those she doesn't know and doesn't deem worthwhile, and often time even to those she does like. She'll act impulsively without much thought to consequence (except perhaps for her own survival). But she's perfectly capable of pulling off polished and professional when she thinks you've got something she wants. It's given her a reputation for being opportunistic and deceitful, but she'd call it being observant and capable, the ability to see what needs to be done and make it happen. More than anything, she values independence and self-reliance. The easiest way to get on her bad side is to suggest she's incapable, to lend her a hand when you think she's failing. Yet, hypocritically, she derives a lot of satisfaction from caring for those close to her. Which is to say, she has the capacity to be sweet. Usually it's a ploy to get things her way, but sometimes it's because she actually likes you, but it always seems a little hard to tell. The joke is the only one she's always true to is her cello.

She has dark brown hair that is almost always pulled into a high ponytail. Her bangs are cut in a side part (that she trims herself, thankyouverymuch). Her tendency for clothing is ripped skinny jeans, a black top, and her moto jacket. She has blue-grey eyes and does her best to keep them "neutral" (which is to say, hostile), refusing to show true emotion (playing the right part for the right people, though, is another matter). When she needs to be presentable, she'll either let her hair down or pull it into a bun and trade for slacks, blazer, and button up.

Reactions: Vardoger
@Shavynel

cFiLT12.gif

I AM SO READY, MY ELEC BUDDY. =D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Shavynel and Vars
Alright.

I've been waiting around for more people but after some brainstorming with Chatoyante, as soon as @Shavynel makes her first post, I hope to speed things along. =)

(And with that said, the 5 pages = 1 day thing might also be changed depending on how this first encounter works out)

Yaaaaaay! ^______^ Go Elecs!

I should be able to get a post up tomorrow, but before I start in on it, thoughts on throwing in with the library crowd, or are there more characters looking for other threads? I could see Nadia heading begrudgingly to the library for research or hitting up a coffee shop or something if we don't want to glob too hard all at once.

I got to go school but when i get home i'll try my best to post.

@Shavynel Well considering everyone's at the library now, you can go in there and help out Rachel, as we have planned somewhat of a throwdown to get the party started

@djinnamon no worries, no one is waiting on you and I am running a bit behind myself on posting.

Got called away to work almost all day. Now that I have some time to myself I created some new banners~

I also made a post on the front page containing all of them.

All the banners are here

New banners below:
[spoili]
clefs2.jpg

clefs3.jpg

clefssecretpolice.jpg

deathani.gif

raequote.jpg

sfz.jpg

ryequote.jpg

grey.jpg
[/spoili]

Last edited:
Wooo! Banners!! ^^

I'm still working on my post but question: what's the climate around the other arts (say like painting, photography, dance, etc)?

Reactions: Vardoger
@Shavynel much is left up to the players. I haven't read your post yet but whatever you decide can become canon. I know another person said theatre was still done and kids would take a field trip there.

Sorry for the long wait everyone! I posted. Hope this gets us all involved! =)

Also, wow Nadia.

Edit: @djinnamon want to help Rye? xp

EDIT2:
Don't feel like quadruple posting...
My ads were rejected for a reason they weren't rejected previously... So anyway, now there's another new banner to make the current banner theme match up a little better. (I went with the catchphrase ones).

clef4.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Shavynel
Hey all, welcome our newest player!
(cc: @Chatoyante @Shavynel )

Character name: Jett Coel
User Name: @Lost-and-Bewildered
Affiliation: Electronica member
Bio: Jett is a migrant from Headphone, his father was a violinist, but during a performance one night a fight broke out due to a sabotage by the Mute Movement. As a neutral state, Headphone held a secret trial and exiled the offenders, but if news were to spread of these Mute terrorists war would be inevitable. Bereaved and silenced, Jett came to Musica to fight the movement by corrupting its roots- bringing the symphony to the Musicians. He was drawn towards Rachel's philosophy, having seen first-hand the danger that comes with sharing music, and she is the only Musician he has confided in so far about his father's death. Unfortunately his impatience for revolution and justice for his father makes him impatient, even reckless, when interacting with civilians. Used to the liberal Headphone, Jett wants to share his passion, and he's not averse to using his charm to convince new recruits.
The hive of activity of the coffee shop, the Mean Bean, suits Jett perfectly. Despite his grief, you'll always find him giving the prettiest girl a lopsided grin over the counter. Maybe he'll treat her to one of his legendary chat up lines if she's cute enough. But because you can't be too handsome when you're working undercover, so normally Jett sticks to very casual clothes, jeans and t shirts, maybe a pair of slick trainers if he's feeling a little underdressed; he'd rather let his mesmerising bottle green eyes be his main feature. Same goes for hair, why comb it? I hear the messy look is in these days. His face is animated, with slim lips offset by his aquiline nose, and his father's acute jawline. He's tall, around 6"2, but more lithe than muscular as his emphasis during a jack is speed.

EDIT:
Hate to spam you all with banners, so just know I made a couple more catchphrase ones and sprinkled them all about the first page of this thread. I also organized the banner post so the banners were grouped into categories.

EDIT2:
Also, these players joined quietly before I changed the rules to post profiles here. They have not posted in the rp yet either, so let us give them a warm welcome too! <3

Character Name: Ivory "Ivy" Daley
User Name: @Oryu
Affiliation: Civilian Seeking NuMetal
Bio:
At a young age, Ivy had a slight "attraction" to breaking rules, and he felt obligated to learn about what was forbidden. At age ten,he started to give in to these urges, and from there, tried to learn what he could about music. His mother, on the other hand, did not encourage this. Ivory soon learned not to inform her every time he felt like learning about the 'wrong' things, and he became quite sneaky, playing as an innocent child, who did not want to learn about forbidden things. This didn't last long, because, he was not very sneaky, despite what he thought of himself. His mother caught him, and, after a brief scolding, he was let go. Too scared to do anything, he became the perfect goody two-shoes, and it stayed like that.

At the current time, Ivy is a nervous, and jumpy person. He tries to meet everyone's needs at the same time, which just doesn't work out. The kids he helps teach are not entirely fond of him, and neither is the teacher. But, he is obedient, so the teacher has decided that, as an assistant, he's helpful.

Ivy has caught word of the gangs, and is interested in NuMetal, though he thinks he is most certainly not ready for a gang, what with his personality and all, though forbidden things, still, do intrigue him. He thinks he might've spotted gang members around town, though he's not very sure. He does miss the times when he was more confident, and maybe more fit for a gang, even though those days were when he was much too young for a gang.

Character Name: Mathew "Matt" Blake
User Name: @BlueFlameNikku
Affiliation: Civilian Seeking Electronica
Bio: Mathew Blake or Matt as he prefers to be called has been a laid back individual ever since he was little. Well aside from when his younger sister is involved; usually referring to her as a "Spitfire" when she acts up which is a common occurrence. Though he is very protective her as he doesn't take kindly to other guys trying to force themselves onto her.

One the main activities that takes up most of Matt's time aside from keeping Trish out of trouble when he can is the baseball team at the high school they attend. He is the lead pitcher on the team and has one hell of an arm to put it lightly. Out of habit he usually carries a baseball with him wherever he goes. People can commonly see him twirling the ball in his hand aimlessly while doing other activities.

Ever since he started playing baseball however Matt could never shake the feeling that something was missing. He loved the rush of pitching in baseball but he has never felt like he's reached the peak of excitement in a game. People cheered when he struck players out and threw the game winning pitch but the something he felt would happen afterwards would never occur. He'd feel the same way at the beginning, middle and end of every game. Nothing but silence aside from the uproar of voices from the stands.
Image.

Character Name: Trisha "Trish" Blake
User Name: @BlueFlameNikku
Affiliation: Civilian Seeking Electronica
Bio: Trisha Black or Trish as she prefers to be called has a fiery personality and an endless pool of energy and stamina to match. Unlike her older brother who she sometimes addresses as a "Big Oaf" can be far more lethargic while she can't sit still for long at all. This being evident as whenever a class ends she is the first one out of her seat and relishing in the pure joy of not sitting still.
In regards to her brother, Trish understands that he means well but she has full confidence that she can take care of herself at most times. Other than that the two have always been insanely close and have always watched each other's backs; like when those group of girls a few years back played a fake love letter prank on Matt.

Despite her hyperactive nature Trish focuses most of her energy towards writing creative poetry and painting though rest assured what she creatures is anything but expected. The "poetry" she creates is more attuned to song lyrics as is evident when she sometimes reads them aloud the "TIE" will kick in and cause her pain from her own voice which for the few seconds she's able to speak the words sounds quite good. Despite the pain she feels when she does so she finds meaning in creating the various lyrics and continues to do so in more relative secrecy; only her older brother knowing about it and not even they're parents know about it. When painting is involved…it more or less involves a spray can or two, a vacant wall and the end result is some graffiti grunge design she came up with during the previous morning.

Image.[/hr][/hr]

Last edited:
Ki maybe going to the defuse the situation but i'm sure Rachel might do something that'll cause him to get even more pissed lol.

Aw yes but should the situation even be diffused? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also lol at "please don't destroy anything." As if that ever prevented kids from destroying things! XD

EDIT: Sidenote.
If anyone wants to join this rp / create a new character but has absolutely no ideas for such a character, PM me. I got some ideas for you. I'd play them myself but it doesn't feel right as the GM.

Last edited:
What's there to defuse, @djinnamon ^^?I have noooooo idea what you're talking about. No one is in danger of losing their job today. (By the way, love the username.)

@Lost-and-Bewildered YESELECS!!!! :D

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: djinnamon