• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctis the Devious

Of Lies and Stories
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Sporadically, Though out the Day
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
- Modern/Magical/High Fantasy
- Paranormal
- Romance-ish
- Supernatural
- Original
- Fandom
- Action
- Adventure
- Espionage
- Apocalyptic
- Alternative Reality
- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
GenChat || Sign-ups || IC

This the General Chat thread! This is where questions, comments, and concerns will be posted as well as out of character chatter.​

ROUND 1: END
ROUND 2: June 24th - July 24th

Should have mentioned this earlier but I had a tiring day yesterday and when I was available, it was only to talk and answer questions. Anyway, because of Wicked's schedule eating 'em alive, I've decided to archive Lou until Wicked decides to return. I've also decided to conclude round 1. What does this mean for the current scene? We'll time skip to the next day and I'll let Namora decide if Cerise is still captured or not. If so, Zelda and Angelica could have returned to the girl's cave with the news of her capture during the night and we'll pick up again with the girls planning a rescue mission. This could be the opportunity for both sides to meet. The time skip will also allow for a smoother migration for the newest members and open up new opportunities for character interaction.

I'll start up round 2 later today/tonight and tomorrow I'll do what I had planned to do yesterday and work on updating/reworking the OOC thread again since I'm still getting questions about things that are already written out. I didn't have a clear idea on how long I should keep each round open for but swing as the first round managed to drag on for months I'm setting the closing date exactly thirty days after the initial opening, which means round 2 is opening today, June 24th, and closing July 24th.

Happy roleplaying and may the muse be with you :)

[Warning=red]From now on, you want to have a creature attack, you run it by me first.[/warning]

I.
II.
W.I.P.
FAQ

Last edited:
Oh, and I'd prefer you to keep the drawbacks I laid out for your image projector. Having a spell just sit there wiyh no consequence to the user just isn't logical .-. Maybe I'd it was seal or a glyph instead?
Well, the more complex it is the more draining it is, yes, and only one can be active at a time, But Having to concentrate to keep it up would be like saying if a fire mage used his fire to light a fire then he'd have to concentrate to keep the fire burning, think of it like a painting. Once Lux has the image in place it requires no attention. obviously creating a new one destroys it, and adding movement makes it WAY more complex. AND Lux can fuck up, like if he makes a tree and its windy and forgets to add movement, it'll look odd. The drawbacks are inherent to the spell, rather than to Lux, if that makes sense.

wow, you guys are awesome. I love an active OOC.

As far as what I'm looking for in the RP - action, adventure, mystery, possible romance, and character and world development.

Question about spells - @Noctis the Devious you said that no spell could replicate someone's personal spell. Does that mean appearance, or affect? For instance, I'm sure all Fire Mages can make a fire, however, if someone decided to describe an aesthetic way their character personally created a fire, and then listed it under their "personal spells" does that then mean that no other Fire Mage can make a fire? TLDR = can you explain better what you mean when you say "no spell can replicate someone's personal spell". (sorry if I misquoted you.)

Also, I know that this seems a little random; But I am the ONLY one you're having this argument with. everyone else has almost NILL drawbacks for almost ALL their spells. even your girl has only 1 drawback listed. Just because I'm being board and making a 'spellbook' I feel like I'm being punished, I could just keep this list in a little notepad and never even explain what spells he's casting and just have him cut loose.
Correct me if I'm wrong but.....well, I could be a dick and go over EVERYONES CS and ya know. but I'm just going to dump a mass quote.

→ Shadow Hands: Shadow manifestations Raina can use like her own pair of hands. She can either summon smaller hands as numerous as the shadowy area permits or two large hands.
→ Dark Joust: Larg, dark manifestations in the shape of lances. She can summon three-nine at a time.
* Mirror Shards; Ina will cast a mirror between her and her opponent. It will work as a shield for one attack, before shattering. The slivers will go straight to the attacker (as shown in the picture) and cause physical harm.
* True Reflection; Inanimado can cast this spell at all times as long as there is a surface around which reflects. She will see a persons true intentions at that moment, only Casters who are mentally extremely strong would be able to fool their reflection
* Bath of Rebirth; Non combat spell. Malachai can cast this on any liquid, prefered is steady water like a pond or lake. If one bathes in the water after the spell being cast, will be healed completely and their energy will be restored, as long as they stay in the water. If it is casted on small liquids, like drinks, it will have the same effect, but not as strong. It will give a short energy boost and health increase.
* Water Pendulum; A curved blade made of water will slash over the enemies chest. The range of the slash is determined by how much power Malachai has. This can be used as a multi target spell. It will cause physical damage, as well as slow the enemy down for a short moment. It will cause extra water damage to those who are weak to water.
Distortion - A spell that can temporarily alter the gravity of a battle field. Lasts only for 5 minutes.
Vine Control: Pretty self explanatory. It doesn't matter if there's vines near, she can grow some herself, as long as she's near nature. They can be used for various reasons. The control over plants can extend to other plants. She can bring dead ones to life, and grow new where there is fertile soil (as long as said plant is within the right territory/climate).
Crushing Pebbles
A medium earthquake cast on targeted area, inflicting small cracks on the ground. With her command, Aharand can split the cracks open and sent anything standing on that area deeper into the ground. In this state, Aharand can stick up the cracks again into a whole solid ground, crashing anything that don't manage to get out on time.
Waterspout – Celia directs the flow of water underground where it tunnels through earth and rock, and gathers thermal energy. Once it reaches its destination, boiling water erupts from underneath the target and propels them upward, fifty feet into the air.

Ice Storm – Dozens of droplets of water lift from the ground and float around Celia, then instantly freeze into razor sharp ice shards before zipping through the air in any direction Celia commands. The shards shred through any barrier less than a foot thick, chip away rock and scoring metal.
sorry, I don't see any draw backs here. and I don't see anyone else getting grilled. So, I ask. Why me? am I a example? or am it just because you don't like the idea of someone weaponizing light? If so, I could swap to Lightning. I would love to play a Lightning mage if you are THAT adamant that light shouldn't be a weapon. Hell I could give you a outline over PM in about 10 minutes if you want.

OH and also Mirror shards and Ice storm seem VERY alike. why arn't you jumping on people for that? Sorry, I just feel that the only reason you're shooting off at me is some god unknown reason.

Just for the record, Noctis did tell me I needed to add a drawback to the "Prison spell". I just haven't gotten around to it yet, but was currently thinking about it.

I'm not trying to defend anyone, but I did want to point out that Noctis has told, at least one other person, to write down drawbacks.

Just for the record, Noctis did tell me I needed to add a drawback to the "Prison spell". I just haven't gotten around to it yet, but was currently thinking about it.

I'm not trying to defend anyone, but I did want to point out that Noctis has told, at least one other person, to write down drawbacks.
which is why it isn't refrenced in my quotes. Also, 1 person, for one spell. vs 1 person, over 6 spells + several pages of argument while some spells are still under edit no less.

Is....distortion bad? I could change it if you want?

Is....distortion bad? I could change it if you want?
Nah, nah, it was more part of a mass quote from lots of people directed at the GM. if you go over the last few pages you'll notice the Dm giving me stick for trying to weaponize light while everyone else has spells with no drawbacks and thats what the DM is telling me off for.

Well, I've been meaning to add some drawbacks to my spells but forgot. Thank you for reminding me, Eddi

Hello hello~ I'm not the GM nor the Co-GM and again I'm just stating my opinion, no harm intended ^^
I don't really see the GM is trying to target everything on you. I scan reading your arguments and it seemed that she mostly said about heat is not light while she did say that she couldn't let the spell have no consequences, maybe this part made you feel that you are the only one who needs to add drawback?

Then I take a look at your personal spell, some of it doesn't really have drawback (I don't know will you add it later or not, I also don't know did you guys have arguments about drawback for your personal spell beside skills that Noctis thought OP). I don't read every argument you guys did, but her comments mostly landed on your general spells which we don't have or maybe we are not as creative as you to make one. So, I don't think you can compare her drawback complain about your general skills with our personal spells. Again, I apologize if I have misread anything and make wrong impression, just saying though ^^ No hard feeling, really~

Because of this, I start to wonder, Noctis, how much personal spells that we can have? The number varies and I think it's better that everyone has the same amount of personal spells to make everything stays fair.

Reactions: Goddess of the Moon
No I weaponized light all the time o.0 Some spells are expected to have certain effects. Gravity Distortion I actually did think twice about but I think that was the day I got swamped. But seeing as it does have a time limit I didn't think it was a big deal. What do I find a big deal is people who want to rain shit from the sky and adamant about causing area damage. While I do try to keep an eye on things I do have ADD and I have no way medical wise to keep it under control: I get distracted and often up and forget things. If it feels like I'm zeroing in on you my bad, but again, your spells often strike me odd. On the other hand, sometimes I'll wait until I see a character handle their spell IC to pass my judgment.

As for Crushing Pebble, I think that was one of the spells I meant to get tp but then something happen on my end and I kind of forgot to relook over all skeletons I accepted. I'll re-look over everything tomorrow if I have the time.

@Azula, the limit was stated at five and can be found under Personal Spells vs. Ordinary Spells under Extras under Rules. As for personal spells and what they are, anything that seems typical or basic cannot be a personal spell. Seems quite general but I trusted my players to use their best judgment.

Did I get anything? I feeling a little overwhelmed here between this and current events so I glazed over everything repoint it out for me and I'll address it.

Something we should all keep in mind - Noctis is only one person. He/She is trying to manage 15 characters and 8+(?) players. It's a natural tendency, for a lot of people, to reply/respond to the most recent information/post, and temporarily forget/loose track/neglect the older posts.

It's only natural that the individual who gives the most information, especially new information, receives the most feedback. I understand that you're feeling singled out, but I don't believe Noctis' feedback is meant to be malicious or even negative. I've, personally, enjoyed reading your ideas. I doubt I'll ever be as ambitious as you - creating spells, while enjoyable, isn't really my thing, but it has given me ideas and helped spur my excitement for this game.

Hello hello~ I'm not the GM nor the Co-GM and again I'm just stating my opinion, no harm intended ^^
I don't really see the GM is trying to target everything on you. I scan reading your arguments and it seemed that she mostly said about heat is not light while she did say that she couldn't let the spell have no consequences, maybe this part made you feel that you are the only one who needs to add drawback?
she said she can't let any spell have no draw backs. which is where my annoyance lies, its only me who gets told this. and told off for it? as for Heat is not light. go leave a black plastic box outside in the middle of summer, if light isn't heat you can just pick it up and lick it, or shove it up your [insert bodily orifice here] right? Ehem. my point is, light is a form of energy, most energy transfers convey energy as heat, so getting smacked in the face with a beam of solar energy bright enough to rival a thousand suns is fookin hot.
Then I take a look at your personal spell, some of it doesn't really have drawback (I don't know will you add it later or not, I also don't know did you guys have arguments about drawback for your personal spell beside skills that Noctis thought OP).

Rather than having draw backs Lux has a finite amount of magic energy he can use (replenished by being in light of any kind). I mentioned this to the DM about twice. but I agree, I should put that in there. but if the DM would prefer me to put in drawbacks I can. but with preportional drawbacks to power levels, Using Genesis would just kill Lux. yay, welp. here we are 50 posts in and me as a player KNOWS the only way to beat this fight is have Lux use that spell but he dies. well, the fuck do I do then? kill of a character I don't want to kill off? just because the Character sheet demands it? fuck that shit.

I don't read every argument you guys did, but her comments mostly landed on your general spells which we don't have or maybe we are not as creative as you to make one. So, I don't think you can compare her drawback complain about your general skills with our personal spells. Again, I apologize if I have misread anything and make wrong impression, just saying though ^^ No hard feeling, really~
everyone has general spells, I'm just board so I'm making a spell list for my own amusement and to give others some inspiration. its the fact that because I decided to put mine up that gets me penalized.
Because of this, I start to wonder, Noctis, how much personal spells that we can have? The number varies and I think it's better that everyone has the same amount of personal spells to make everything stays fair.

No I weaponized light all the time o.0 Some spells are expected to have certain effects. Gravity Distortion I actually did think twice about but I think that was the day I got swamped. But seeing as it does have a time limit I didn't think it was a big deal. What do I find a big deal is people who want to rain shit from the sky and adamant about causing area damage.
Sorry if I don't want to be a god dam sniper rifle, but if everyone has super high power single target spells whats the best solution? A FUCK TON OF LITTLE THINGS. as for 'raining shit from the sky' tell me where most of the light in this world comes from? oh right, the sun and moon, arn't they in the sky? Ehem. my point is. if you don't like me having area damadge, explain why.
While I do try to keep an eye on things I do have ADD and I have no way medical wise to keep it under control: I get distracted and often up and forget things. If it feels like I'm zeroing in on you my bad, but again, your spells often strike me odd. On the other hand, sometimes I'll wait until I see a character handle their spell IC to pass my judgment.
...congratulations, you have a medical disorder. I have ADD, dysgraphia, and dysleksia. guess what? I managed to deal. Hell, most of my spelling on here is good. Here's a bit of advice, Create a list, use lots of quotes, and above all, save things in word files. keeps information on track. My spells are odd because I am odd, my characters are Odd and I like to be unique, sure I can weaponize light like any other asshat;
Sunbeam: A radient glowing lance of energy erupts from the characters hand, searing a path through foes and rending them with holy light.
weaponised light, sounds dam cool right? yeah, its a D&D spell. what I like to do is create something unique, something that isn't from any book. from a story I wrote at some point, I like to do something NEW.

As for Crushing Pebble, I think that was one of the spells I meant to get tp but then something happen on my end and I kind of forgot to relook over all skeletons I accepted. I'll re-look over everything tomorrow if I have the time.
see above, notepads, lots of quotes ect.

@Azula, the limit was stated at five and can be found under Personal Spells vs. Ordinary Spells under Extras under Rules. As for personal spells and what they are, anything that seems typical or basic cannot be a personal spell. Seems quite general but I trusted my players to use their best judgment.

Did I get anything? I feeling a little overwhelmed here between this and current events so I glazed over everything repoint it out for me and I'll address it.

My coments are in red and such. The point I am making can be boiled down to this: Either, you critique everyone evenly, or you don't do it at all. You cannot just pick one player as a example. Possibly the best way of doing this is as I do in my replies. QUOTE THINGS.

Also, before anyone says 'calm down' I am not angry, I am annoyed, I am not pissed off, I am fustrated. and above all, The amount of fucks I give is zero. everyone will get the same cynical asshattery as everyone else, be you DM, or player. because right now, I'm trying to put a little effort in to a roleplay I thaught I might enjoy, and getting snubbed for it. so, I will finish the seal list. and then all other spells will be kept on a notepad on my PC. because apparently showing people ideas so that they may draw inspiration from it is asking for shit.

OPEN SIGNUPS - [OOC]: Caster's Challenge | Page 10 | IwakuRoleplay.com

done. thats it, not doing any more. not changing it because whenever I do a shit storm kicks off. its just a bunch of ideas. say what you want. tell me its wrong if you want. not my problem. The sigils on the bottem are free for anyone to mimic. just remember kids ALL SPELLS NEED DRAWBACKS, NO MATTER HOW STUPID THEY SOUND and also don't forget LIGHT DOES NOT MEAN HEAT, SO FIRE DOESN'T CREATE LIGHT! GOOD LUCK WITH TORCHES!

Right, sorry, Noctis, seems I skipped the amount of spells... >.<

Oh, I thought that I did say in the friendliest way that I can, I'm truly sorry if I offended you in some way, I meant no harm. But if you think that way, I can say nothing. I appreciate your ideas, how you put effort making those spells. While I enjoy making characters, I'm not quiet fond of making spells, so you mister, have a brilliant creativity for taking time to make those spells, really, but hey even the greatest inventor had their ideas criticized violently, you shouldn't let this make you stop pouring ideas ^^ I shall not comment about this any further, again my sincerest apologize.

Right, sorry, Noctis, seems I skipped the amount of spells... >.<

Oh, I thought that I did say in the friendliest way that I can, I'm truly sorry if I offended you in some way, I meant no harm. But if you think that way, I can say nothing. I appreciate your ideas, how you put effort making those spells. While I enjoy making characters, I'm not quiet fond of making spells, so you mister, have a brilliant creativity for taking time to make those spells, really, but hey even the greatest inventor had their ideas criticized violently, you shouldn't let this make you stop pouring ideas ^^ I shall not comment about this any further, again my sincerest apologize.
sorry you didn't offend me in the slightest, I just tend to be honest and sharp in general. I won't stop making ideas, as I have said, My notepad on my pc has over 40 spells already. just that no one will know what they are called or what they do untill Lux lets lose with them. and even then there will be no explination or reason given, it'll just be
"Oh a problem. *thwack* solution via magic" and that'll be that.

@Everyone
Guys I'm really sorry to ask this but if you use capitals would you please use something to tell us the emotion your trying to show, I just assume it's yelling and I cringe when people yell, I have a bad history with yelling so please please please! do something to tell us your emotion please.

@Noctis the Devious
Also I don't mean to be all up and eager I'm just a little excited, when can we post in the IC again, I think it's been 3+ days, and I'm feeling kind of antsy. Sorry for asking.

@The Mernsicle, I was going to post again after Ella, but she hadn't post so go a head and post. I'll try to have mine up tomorrow.

Yeah go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.