Status
Not open for further replies.
It also allows him to know of the fact that his older self is a complete dick head, and his caster self isn't too much better. He is mentally incapable of understanding Normal Archer Gilgamesh.

I always kind of liked kid Gil though, though even as a kid he's probably gonna be a bit nuts in terms of power. I think I'm mostly fine with it though as long as he's not able to abuse his curtain fire tactics quite as much, it's going to be a little sad if everyone ends up like Caster did in Fate.

"What the hell is tha-"
Gilgamesh erases his opponent before they can respond

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Name: Curtana The Sword Of Mercy
Quote:
None
Type: Anti-Unit

Curtana The Sword of Mercy-A blunted, damaged sword that belongs to Sir Tristan Knight of the Round, said in later years to be comparable to swords like Durandal and Joyeuse in quality even despite significant wear. The blade features a decorative 'running wolf' mark down it's length a gilt-iron hilt, a wooden grip bound in wire, and a leather sheath bound in crimson velvet with gold embroidery. While the varied ownership of the blade has muddied it's story somewhat, accounts involving Tristan state that the tip broke off within the skull of Morholt during their duel.

While inactive, it's edge is completely blunt and Tristan relies on his strength to beat his opponent's into submission. However upon evoking it's True name the damaged blade is enveloped in moonlight, extending it's length and granting it an edge of unparalleled sharpness, and burning the enemies it strikes. While it lacks the flash and strength of it's rival blades' explosive finishing power, its strength lies in it's lower upkeep cost, allowing prolonged usage of the enhanced weapon's performance to grant Tristan the upper-hand against other combatants in close quarters, allowing him to maintain an unnatural grace and speed for a weapon of it's dimensions.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lemme know if it sounds fine, just wanted to keep the sword beam theme going with Arthurian Sabers and generally not give him too much power up close with Failnaught being what it is as well.

Well he'd probably lose the bow as a noble phantasm or at least have it be weaker if his sword becomes his noble phantasm. It seems fair enough though.

As for Gilgamesh the way Kid-Gil plays is he tends to use his chains more than his gates but he has fewer gates on which he doesn't go 'spam the fuck out everything' as he has less portals and he can't maintain the stronger phantasms in it. He does however still have the raw power behind it still backed by a tactical ingenuity. For example firing a few lances at them and then using a short sword to catch them off guard and gut/stab them. Or open another portal from somewhere else while they're doing it to catch them off guard. It's more of 'spam but do it gracefully' he is still Gilgamesh after all.

Probably weaker, we could say his fire rate is lowered and magic resistance disruption is sealed by his class. Stories of his sword are supposedly eclipsed by his bow prowess in the fate universe and heroes even across different classes have had fringe cases like that like the aforementioned Emiya and to a lesser extent Gilgamesh where his own trump card Ea is considered a sword.

I was aiming for a lowered fire rate to at least make some of attacks blockable but if the others think it is a problem then I'll chain his magical resistance to when he calls upon his golden armor in other words when he gets serious. In this form he can't even Ea to it's full extent due to his lack of mana. I have to give him something otherwise he'd just have to rely on his spam.

So I've been doing a bit of research on Cu Chulainn, comparing his skills as Lancer, Cu Chulainn Alter, and his appearance in Fate/kaleid. If this looks agreeable I'll go on to making the full sheet, if not I can make further alterations.

For reference: Berserker (Fate/Grand Order - Cú Chulainn Alter)

Mad Enhancement - C (It's normally C, and only enhanced because of Medb's wish, so this version will be down a rank in everything from the Alter version and receive +'s instead.)

Divinity/Protection From Arrows - C (Down a rank from Lancer.)

Disengage/Rune Magic - Removed entirely.

Battle Continuation - A. (Unchanged.)

Added Skill:

Fairies Maddening - A (is the ability to awaken the spirits sleeping within the earth and crush the wills and minds of the enemy forces with one's growl. This mental interference causes a temporary decrease in STR and AGI in all enemies.)

NP:

Gao Bolg piercing phantasm - B (Unchanged from Lancer, weaker than Alter)

Gae Bolg throwing phantasm - Removed entirely.

Curruid Coinchenn - Normally this NP makes Gae Bolg unusable, but boosts his Strength to EX and Endurance up one rank. I was planning to nerf it to only increase Strength and Endurance by one rank while still sealing Gae Bolg.

Appearance:
latest

That's his appearance in Fate/kaleid, where he basically has the personality of a normal Berserker. I was planning to use the beast appearance as the stand in for Currid Coinchenn. So imagine that, wrapped in the Curruid's skeleton.

@Blighted_Agent Awesome! Azren shall be Rider's Master than! <3

Lol, I love Gilgamesh as a child or adult. XD He's so pretty!

@YuriLucien is there anything you don't fan girl over? Washington, Mordred, Gilgamesh (Even the older one)?

@Xaldin it looks fine assuming it doesn't auto kill people with it's piercing effects. I can't believe I'm running Cu Chulainn in all three versions of this roleplay as Lancer, Berserker, and Caster.

@Skilletzorz Just to further the point the only way little Gil can use the amount of portals that normal Gil can is if Leon orders him via command seal to 'fight beyond his limits' which would increase his power enough to do so. Also archers do in fact have magical resistance as a skill. Not on saber levels but they do and regardless little gil normally only has E. If little Gil has to use Ea then it's going to be very situational as it'd probably only be able to used as a standard piercing weapon under most circumstances.

tv tropes which is more descriptive than his wiki page says this:

• Weak, but Skilled: Ingesting the potion of youth has caused Gilgamesh to lose much of his magical energy, meaning that in this state he can't create a large Storm of Blades as easily (his adult self's normal usage of the Gate of Babylon is relegated to Ko-Gil's Limit Break) nor supply Ea with enough mana to use it effectively. However, Ko-Gil compensates for this by both lacking the ego that causes his adult self to hold back and by having more skill with his limited weaponry.

@VanceXentan
Like I said, I'm cool with Gil as long as he isn't just icing people before they interact with the group and you seem to have accounted for that quite nicely.

Similarly I was mostly in favor of kicking Failnaught down a few notches though over straight up removing it as it seems to hold precedence over Curtana despite his supposed preference for being a Saber. Given your desire for Tristan to play more upfront, I don't mind it being less useful than if as it would be if he were an archer, and I'd account for that by denying him his absurd fire rate/it's secondary effect on his bow but it's a relatively large part of his character even without the aggressive usages of it given his healing harp is also related to it.

I'll allow him to retain his bow as a noble phantasm if you make it's firing rate less spammy and more of secondary sidearm. I'd say granting it piercing, and holy damage would be sufficient for Tristan. If you feel Tristan isn't suited for the occasion I'll gladly go back to Mordred if you believe Tristan can be used effectively as a saber then I'll readily make Leon Gil's 'big bro'.

Stand by for further updates regarding Lancer; depending on how things go we might have him ready soon.

I looked back on my submission and noted Tristan already had magic resistance. I added riding according to the Type moon wiki's base container for Sabers and the changes you asked for, lemme know if you think he needs anything or he's a bit too much.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
True name: Sir Tristan

Class Name: Saber

Nicknames: The Child of Sadness

Alignment: Lawful Good

Servant of: Sygila Murmirnea

Catalyst For Summon: A lock of hair from a lover

Weapon(s): Failnaught, Curtana

Wish: To be reunited with Iseult.

Personal Skills:

Harp of Healing: Rank C
In ancient society, the harp was highly regarded as appeasing evil spirits. Tristsan's harp was renowned through Camelot and was known for his ability to play and sing just as much as his skill as a warrior. His skill with the instrument is such that he is capable of purging mental interference and restoring psychological stability to those who listen to his music. However, the accuracy of projectiles and polearms suffer a large Rank Down within hearing range.

Admonishment of the King of Knights: Rank B
Tristan's denouncement of the King of Knights as heartless cut deeply, and his poetic strengths let him decry his opponent's merits similarly. They lose one ongoing enhancement effect and he reduces the amount of variance on their activities. Impossible feats relying on fate or luck or one in a million chances are made even more unlikely while Admonishment is active, functionally reducing the target's luck while under the effects of Admonishment by one rank.

Grace of Unexpected Birth: Rank B
Born into an unhappy environment without knowing his parents, Tristan's unfortunate circumstances of birth altered his worldview, granting him a second sense regarding people's intentions, and adaptability granted only to those born to unfortunate circumstances. Tristan has moderate resistance to penalties from visual obstructions, and movement obstructions.

Class Skill:
Magic Resistance B
Riding C

Base Parameters:

Strength: B
Endurance: C+
Agility: B
Magical Power: B
Luck: E
Noble Phantasm: B+
Noble Phantasms:
Name: Failnaught: Fantasia of Lamentation Rank B+
Type Anti-Army
Not truly a bow but rather a magical harp that can rip air to create sound vacuums that he can fire at his target, shredding the target apart on strike. The disorienting sounds of Failnaught's attacks can pierce through a target's physical defenses and receives an innate bonus against targets weak to holy sacraments. However Tristan's fire rate is compromised by his Saber class and while he can still fire powerful sonic booms with impeccable accuracy, he cannot string lighter shots together at a rate that is useful for pressuring advancing opponents anymore, forcing him to rely more on Curtana for aggression.

Quote: "Singing of pain, playing laments. 'Failnaught'"

Name: Curtana The Sword Of Mercy
Quote:
None
Type: Anti-Unit

Curtana The Sword of Mercy-A blunted, damaged sword that belongs to Sir Tristan Knight of the Round, said in later years to be comparable to swords like Durandal and Joyeuse in quality even despite significant wear. The blade features a decorative 'running wolf' mark down it's length a gilt-iron hilt, a wooden grip bound in wire, and a leather sheath bound in crimson velvet with gold embroidery. While the varied ownership of the blade has muddied it's story somewhat, accounts involving Tristan state that the tip broke off within the skull of Morholt during their duel.

While inactive, it's edge is completely blunt and Tristan relies on his strength to beat his opponent's into submission. However upon evoking it's True name the damaged blade is enveloped in moonlight, extending it's length and granting it an edge of unparalleled sharpness, and burning the enemies it strikes. While it lacks the flash and strength of it's rival blades' explosive finishing power, its strength lies in it's lower upkeep cost, allowing prolonged usage of the enhanced weapon's performance to grant Tristan the upper-hand against other combatants in close quarters, allowing him to maintain an unnatural grace and speed for a weapon of it's dimensions.

Appearance: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...ristan3.png/revision/latest?cb=20160725154427

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe his stats are rather high for a knight of his caliber. I'd bring Endurance down to C+, and Speed down to B to round him down a bit. I'm not sure if his magical resistance is warranted maybe turn it back to B?

@Skilletzorz

Your call. Those were his given stats on his type moon profile, sans the extra rank in magic resistance, but I don't see a problem with the proposed changes. He good otherwise?

I believe so. I'm asking for stat changes because he is fundamentally a different character as a saber class.

Gotcha, thanks for sitting through and talking through the changes with me!

As I said with Xaldin If a player is reasonable I'm more than willing to sit through and talk things over. I hope you enjoy playing the role as Saber. I was going to make Mordred develop a sort of unbidden love triangle with her, Leon, and Satsuko not like Rin, Artoria, and Shiro but more 'I'm better than you' than 'I want the boy' sort of deal. As with Gil I'm just going to have him act like the Adorably Precocious Child - TV Tropes trope and have him and Leon bond a lot through that. Leon is aware of Gil's Skill that makes people infatuated with Gil but he's not effected by it as both Leon, and Satsuko quickly figured out what was going on and made sure they used magic to nullify it on them so they're just really close like a mini-family.

I updated my last profile with the changes you suggested, I figured there wasn't really enough for a full re-submission

Status
Not open for further replies.