• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
oh.... I must have missed something... I at least assumed that some of that group was still there? Since this was only happening in the span of a few mintues....?
I dissolved the groups a long time ago... I didn't realize that wasn't made clear.

I was trying to not worry about time and just say "whatever the next post for these character is, will be a mini-time skip to say that they got out of the group that they were previously in". Because I had spent so much time and effort trying to actually RP out so many groups splitting up or re-joining, that I decided it would make a lot more sense to just wipe the slate clean and say "these are all free characters now -- bring them back into the RP whenever and however you like".

However, none of the other characters who used to be in that group have made any posts since the dissolve. Which is why I said that I might be cool with just saying that group never dissolved at all and just continuing where we left off. (My only concern is that it might be confusing for all the people who thought the group had dissolved -- since, clearly, this is already a confusing situation, and I don't want to make it more confusing by going back-and-forth on it...)

Also I just realized that he wouldn't have actually gone to the location yet if he just got out of the loop.
I don't even know what this is referring to, here. You mean the location where Exdeath is? I thought that he hadn't gone to that location -- only pinpointed where it is.

Exactly what's going on
No posts for any members of the gem-chasing group have been made ever since I dissolved that group. I considered all the characters in it to be free characters and deleted my posting notes for that particular group, allowing everyone to do mini-time skips in order to place their characters somewhere else (although no one did).

You then continued to ask me about doing the Loop thing. I said that no characters would be joining Sub because no one said anything about wanting to join him before the group dissolved, and that I also didn't want you just RPing it out on your own, and that I'd prefer if you just time-skipped over it. What I didn't realize is that time would work differently inside and outside the Loop, meaning that you could say the entire Loop thing happened in such a short span of time. Also, I didn't realize that you were completely unaware of the whole group-dissolving thing, which happened quite some time ago. I thought that I had clarified this whenever you mentioned not knowing what's going on in that group, but apparently I wasn't clear enough.

This is one of the reasons why I wanted to dissolve all the groups in the first place. So little was happening, and no one was engaged in what was happening or was able to remember where anyone left off -- so I said it would be easier to wipe the slate clean, rather than trying to hold onto these dead groups and make sense of all these small details that people keep tripping over.

Now, you've made a post for Sub both entering and exiting the Loop, but ended your second post with him interacting with characters from the old, dissolved group. However, like I said, none of the characters have done anything else since the dissolve -- and the only thing I ever did to dissolve it in the first place was just declaring it so in the OOC. So, I could easily say that the group never dissolved in the first place, and there wouldn't even be anything in the IC that I would need to retcon. So now I'm not sure which option I want to go with.

and what's supposed to be going on?
Well, the original plan is that the group would dissolve, and then none of us would have to keep worrying about the specifics of what's going on in a practically-dead group like this one. Everyone could re-introduce their characters on their own time and place them somewhere else -- presumably something related to finding SU, but, you know. The goal was that we wouldn't have to hem and haw over how exactly to move all the characters from the dead group somewhere else and transition them into a new group, like the slow and painful disaster that was splitting up the screaming group. (And I would've thrown Trigun somewhere if this semester hadn't turned out to be so goddamn exhausting.)

I said that you could say that the Loop thing happened, but I thought that you would just time-skip over it and re-introduce Sub as doing whatever after the dissolve.

So, what was originally supposed to be going on is that none of us would be worrying about where the old group left off, because all the characters from it would have just been re-introduced in different places. And, yeah, they probably would've come back together and formed the same group again, anyway, but at least we wouldn't have had to worry about awkwardly transitioning from one thing to the other.

However, given the fact that none of the characters from the dissolved group have since posted, and that I'm not even sure where exactly I would put Trigun even if I did have time to post for her, and that Submachine is now giving everyone an easy way to get to Exdeath (which I'm cool with at this point, since the Tower group is splitting up, and therefore isn't as huge as it used to be), I'm ok with just dropping the old group-dissolving plan since A) it didn't work, B) there's nothing in the IC that I would need to retcon, and C) continuing from your last post gives us an easy way to get things moving again, which is really what the goal of this entire thing was.

My only concern is that the people who were in that old group might now be getting rather confused -- having told them that the group was dissolved, and that now it isn't dissolved and that we're continuing from where you left off, even though many of them might not even remember what was last happening in the group because I didn't think anyone would need to remember the specifics of it, and especially considering that just dissolving the group in the first place was apparently incredibly confusing even before adding this whole back-and-forth thing.

So I guess I'll just ask the members of that group whether or not any part of this explanation makes any goddamn sense to them and where they'd like to go from here:

@Flame @Raven

(Assuming I actually remembered everyone who was in that group, given that I deleted my posting notes for it. I looked back at the IC posts for it and I don't see anyone that I'm missing, but this list still looks small...)

Come to think of it: maybe I could just have Trigun go with Submachine. And anyone else who wants to tag along can do so... or not, if this is confusing and they'd rather just have their character go elsewhere.

Reactions: Raven
I dissolved the groups a long time ago... I didn't realize that wasn't made clear.

I was trying to not worry about time and just say "whatever the next post for these character is, will be a mini-time skip to say that they got out of the group that they were previously in". Because I had spent so much time and effort trying to actually RP out so many groups splitting up or re-joining, that I decided it would make a lot more sense to just wipe the slate clean and say "these are all free characters now -- bring them back into the RP whenever and however you like".

However, none of the other characters who used to be in that group have made any posts since the dissolve. Which is why I said that I might be cool with just saying that group never dissolved at all and just continuing where we left off. (My only concern is that it might be confusing for all the people who thought the group had dissolved -- since, clearly, this is already a confusing situation, and I don't want to make it more confusing by going back-and-forth on it...)

I don't even know what this is referring to, here. You mean the location where Exdeath is? I thought that he hadn't gone to that location -- only pinpointed where it is.

No posts for any members of the gem-chasing group have been made ever since I dissolved that group. I considered all the characters in it to be free characters and deleted my posting notes for that particular group, allowing everyone to do mini-time skips in order to place their characters somewhere else (although no one did).

You then continued to ask me about doing the Loop thing. I said that no characters would be joining Sub because no one said anything about wanting to join him before the group dissolved, and that I also didn't want you just RPing it out on your own, and that I'd prefer if you just time-skipped over it. What I didn't realize is that time would work differently inside and outside the Loop, meaning that you could say the entire Loop thing happened in such a short span of time. Also, I didn't realize that you were completely unaware of the whole group-dissolving thing, which happened quite some time ago. I thought that I had clarified this whenever you mentioned not knowing what's going on in that group, but apparently I wasn't clear enough.

This is one of the reasons why I wanted to dissolve all the groups in the first place. So little was happening, and no one was engaged in what was happening or was able to remember where anyone left off -- so I said it would be easier to wipe the slate clean, rather than trying to hold onto these dead groups and make sense of all these small details that people keep tripping over.

Now, you've made a post for Sub both entering and exiting the Loop, but ended your second post with him interacting with characters from the old, dissolved group. However, like I said, none of the characters have done anything else since the dissolve -- and the only thing I ever did to dissolve it in the first place was just declaring it so in the OOC. So, I could easily say that the group never dissolved in the first place, and there wouldn't even be anything in the IC that I would need to retcon. So now I'm not sure which option I want to go with.

Well, the original plan is that the group would dissolve, and then none of us would have to keep worrying about the specifics of what's going on in a practically-dead group like this one. Everyone could re-introduce their characters on their own time and place them somewhere else -- presumably something related to finding SU, but, you know. The goal was that we wouldn't have to hem and haw over how exactly to move all the characters from the dead group somewhere else and transition them into a new group, like the slow and painful disaster that was splitting up the screaming group. (And I would've thrown Trigun somewhere if this semester hadn't turned out to be so goddamn exhausting.)

I said that you could say that the Loop thing happened, but I thought that you would just time-skip over it and re-introduce Sub as doing whatever after the dissolve.

So, what was originally supposed to be going on is that none of us would be worrying about where the old group left off, because all the characters from it would have just been re-introduced in different places. And, yeah, they probably would've come back together and formed the same group again, anyway, but at least we wouldn't have had to worry about awkwardly transitioning from one thing to the other.

However, given the fact that none of the characters from the dissolved group have since posted, and that I'm not even sure where exactly I would put Trigun even if I did have time to post for her, and that Submachine is now giving everyone an easy way to get to Exdeath (which I'm cool with at this point, since the Tower group is splitting up, and therefore isn't as huge as it used to be), I'm ok with just dropping the old group-dissolving plan since A) it didn't work, B) there's nothing in the IC that I would need to retcon, and C) continuing from your last post gives us an easy way to get things moving again, which is really what the goal of this entire thing was.

My only concern is that the people who were in that old group might now be getting rather confused -- having told them that the group was dissolved, and that now it isn't dissolved and that we're continuing from where you left off, even though many of them might not even remember what was last happening in the group because I didn't think anyone would need to remember the specifics of it, and especially considering that just dissolving the group in the first place was apparently incredibly confusing even before adding this whole back-and-forth thing.

So I guess I'll just ask the members of that group whether or not any part of this explanation makes any goddamn sense to them and where they'd like to go from here:

@Flame @Raven

(Assuming I actually remembered everyone who was in that group, given that I deleted my posting notes for it. I looked back at the IC posts for it and I don't see anyone that I'm missing, but this list still looks small...)

Come to think of it: maybe I could just have Trigun go with Submachine. And anyone else who wants to tag along can do so... or not, if this is confusing and they'd rather just have their character go elsewhere.
So to summarize (just to make sure i have all of this correct), that group was being inactive for so long that you just dissolved it, and you intended to bring it back together at a later time, or only have certain characters from that group be together. And I wasn't reading carefully enough or paying enough attention to know this, so I essentially made that group active again when I shouldn't have. But we might just abandon the dissolving plan thanks to my most recent post.

So, depending on what everyone wants to do, we'll either continue with that group, or I'll delete that post so the group can stay quiet for now.

Is all of that right?

So to summarize (just to make sure i have all of this correct), that group was being inactive for so long that you just dissolved it,
Sort of correct. It wasn't inactive as much as the fact that nothing interesting was going on, which, yes, made it slow and, consequently, sort of inactive. But it's not like there was a complete absence of posting that led to the decision. It was just the fact that everyone seemed to kind of just be derping around without much idea of where to go next.

This was not just isolated to that group, either. I did this with basically every other group that existed in the RP at the time, save for the museum and tower groups. I'm surprised you weren't aware of this happening.

and you intended to bring it back together at a later time, or only have certain characters from that group be together.
Not exactly. I intended for everyone to re-introduce their characters wherever and however they wanted. So, perhaps my next post for Trigun could send her to such-and-such location -- possibly still looking for leads on how to find SU -- and that everyone else from that group could also do whatever they wanted with these characters, which may or may not mean coming back together with Trigun. But, it could also mean doing something else entirely -- not to mention the fact that relatively-inactive players wouldn't be dragging anyone down anymore. They would just be out of the RP until they had the time to re-introduce those characters.

So it was not my intention to bring them all back together at a later time. I just had a feeling that the invisible hand of RPing -- for lack of a better term -- would probably bring a lot of them back together.

And I wasn't reading carefully enough or paying enough attention to know this, so I essentially made that group active again when I shouldn't have. But we might just abandon the dissolving plan thanks to my most recent post.

So, depending on what everyone wants to do, we'll either continue with that group, or I'll delete that post so the group can stay quiet for now.

Is all of that right?
Mostly correct. Except, in regards to the bolded part -- the goal wouldn't be for that group to "stay quiet". It would be for those characters to remain free characters, so that they're available to be placed elsewhere whenever their owner feels like doing something with them.

And at this point, I'm leaning heavily towards the sort of in-between approach of allowing Trigun to continue interacting with Sub, and allowing TT and Bebop to also continue along with that group if their owners so desire it -- but if they're too confused by this or don't respond soon, then it can just be Trigun and Sub that continue on, while TT and Bebop remain as free characters. Does that make sense?

Sort of correct. It wasn't inactive as much as the fact that nothing interesting was going on, which, yes, made it slow and, consequently, sort of inactive. But it's not like there was a complete absence of posting that led to the decision. It was just the fact that everyone seemed to kind of just be derping around without much idea of where to go next.

This was not just isolated to that group, either. I did this with basically every other group that existed in the RP at the time, save for the museum and tower groups. I'm surprised you weren't aware of this happening.

Not exactly. I intended for everyone to re-introduce their characters wherever and however they wanted. So, perhaps my next post for Trigun could send her to such-and-such location -- possibly still looking for leads on how to find SU -- and that everyone else from that group could also do whatever they wanted with these characters, which may or may not mean coming back together with Trigun. But, it could also mean doing something else entirely -- not to mention the fact that relatively-inactive players wouldn't be dragging anyone down anymore. They would just be out of the RP until they had the time to re-introduce those characters.

So it was not my intention to bring them all back together at a later time. I just had a feeling that the invisible hand of RPing -- for lack of a better term -- would probably bring a lot of them back together.

Mostly correct. Except, in regards to the bolded part -- the goal wouldn't be for that group to "stay quiet". It would be for those characters to remain free characters, so that they're available to be placed elsewhere whenever their owner feels like doing something with them.

And at this point, I'm leaning heavily towards the sort of in-between approach of allowing Trigun to continue interacting with Sub, and allowing TT and Bebop to also continue along with that group if their owners so desire it -- but if they're too confused by this or don't respond soon, then it can just be Trigun and Sub that continue on, while TT and Bebop remain as free characters. Does that make sense?
Yeah....I think I got it...

I drew Pokemon with a new hairstyle and a different shirt. Her hair came out better than I thought it would using a bit of fan art as references.

And I think it'd be best, ic-wise to have her change her looks after the events going on with Exdeath/when she gets a chance to stop by her house to heal her team and to rest or something along those lines.

And from there I won't change her looks anymore.

Yeah....I think I got it...
Please speak up if you're still confused.

Every time I assume that people know what's going on, I realize much much later that people missed some big stuff and then it just creates all sorts of problems...

I drew Pokemon with a new hairstyle and a different shirt. Her hair came out better than I thought it would using a bit of fan art as references.

And I think it'd be best, ic-wise to have her change her looks after the events going on with Exdeath/when she gets a chance to stop by her house to heal her team and to rest or something along those lines.

And from there I won't change her looks anymore.
Works for me.

Every time I assume that people know what's going on, I realize much much later that people missed some big stuff and then it just creates all sorts of problems...

Works for me.

Alrighty. I'll get a picture up at some point and then put it into her cs some other time. :p

Speaking about the tower group; I'll post info about the next floor up tomorrow.

I'm not confused about anything. I'm just hoping I didn't miss anything again. Even though I've read what you said carefully enough. But I'm pretty sure I got it all.

@Flame @Raven

Wel, I'll read over more when I get home more of skim reading at school. But uh I usually go with the flow so I may have TT tag along as well.

@Neobullseye Ok, so, let me see if I've got this right...

So the hallway splits into two paths, but then it turns out that they just loop around into each other. Does that mean that the path ahead is just a loop? Meaning that it's essentially a dead end after that point? Or is there another path leading out from the other side of the loop... somewhere?

@Minerva

Which of us is starting the interaction?
Type-Moon's just standing around right now being tsundere.

So, you can start it if you want. Or if you don't mind waiting another day or two, I can post when I write for Alt-FE.

@Neobullseye Ok, so, let me see if I've got this right...

So the hallway splits into two paths, but then it turns out that they just loop around into each other. Does that mean that the path ahead is just a loop? Meaning that it's essentially a dead end after that point? Or is there another path leading out from the other side of the loop... somewhere?
No, there is some path behind there. It's just that none of the Fandoms can see it from where they are, and the only way to find out is to get into the monster's path. It's sort of like the locked room in the dungeon; the only way to find out what's in it is by opening the door, which would require an action, which I can't force upon you.

No, there is some path behind there. It's just that none of the Fandoms can see it from where they are, and the only way to find out is to get into the monster's path. It's sort of like the locked room in the dungeon; the only way to find out what's in it is by opening the door, which would require an action, which I can't force upon you.

Ok. Yeah, I get that much -- I just wanted to clarify whether or not there was anything back there at all. Because the way it was written made it sound like it just looped around and didn't go anywhere else -- but that didn't make a ton of sense, so. XD

Ok. Yeah, I get that much -- I just wanted to clarify whether or not there was anything back there at all. Because the way it was written made it sound like it just looped around and didn't go anywhere else -- but that didn't make a ton of sense, so. XD
Yeah, that would just be silly. That said, I didn't really know how to word it otherwise. I tried to see if I could put in some minor edits earlier this evening, but that didn't went anywhere.

The silverware drawer in my house is now in a different location than it was before. I don't recall that silverware drawer ever being in a different place than it is now. Opening the drawer that has been the silverware drawer for your whole life and finding not silverware feels like something out of the Twilight Zone.

The medication that I've been taking for the past four years now? The pills are now a completely different color than they were before. I got so fucking used to seeing that blue color. For four years. After all that time, I have become weirdly attached to that blue color. Now they're orange. And I don't know how to react to that.

It's these small changes -- changes in things that you expected to be so consistent -- that can make everything feel so foreign sometimes. It's like my own life is suddenly feels unfamiliar to me...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
The silverware drawer in my house is now in a different location than it was before. I don't recall that silverware drawer ever being in a different place than it is now. Opening the drawer that has been the silverware drawer for your whole life and finding not silverware feels like something out of the Twilight Zone.

The medication that I've been taking for the past four years now? The pills are now a completely different color than they were before. I got so fucking used to seeing that blue color. For four years. After all that time, I have become weirdly attached to that blue color. Now they're orange. And I don't know how to react to that.

It's these small changes -- changes in things that you expected to be so consistent -- that can make everything feel so foreign sometimes. It's like my own life is suddenly feels unfamiliar to me...
Should have taken the red pill.

Should have taken the red pill.
BUT THEY DIDN'T GIVE ME A RED PILL.

THEY GAVE ME ORANGE.

Also the pharmacist apparently labeled these as "light brown". ...Yeahokay.

I mean I suppose orange will become brown if you darken it enough, but I don't think that's the color that people think of when they hear "light brown".

Reactions: Takumi