3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
d1e525c57b80e7b911a24988acc26a6d6ee6c6da2313aa46acfeecb680114598.jpeg

This, is National City. Home of CatCo Worldwide Media, Lord Technologies among other things.

National City is a bustling city that lies between Los Angeles and San Diego along the coast of California, and home to several million people.

Of course, strange things seem to happen here on the regular. Strangely, the city seems to take all of this in stride, maybe partially do to the masterful spins that CatCo seems to put on nearly every unusual event.

It also boasts a large university National City University, touted for its teaching and law programs.

[[ OOC - This will be the freeplay thread for those in the Epic Crossover clan who want to play in National CIty, if you want to play and aren't a member of the clan, please join! ]]​

National City. Grand opening Lux II.

Eden Haller. Psyhawk

"She is a noblewoman from someplace called Asgard. A thousands of years old warrior who is here looking for Lucifer. "

Eden winks at (Mike) and sits back to watch what Lady Sif does.

Lady Did

Lady Did does indeed zero in on Lucifer, heading right to him.

"Lucifer Morningstar ? I would request to speak with you.

Her body language spoke of confidence. Her surface thoughts spoke of curiosity, Angels and children.

@LuckycoolHawk9

National City. Grand opening Lux II.

Mon-El/Mike

" Well, that is certainly different to say the least. I mean, a thousand year old warrior woman is a first for me to hear about."

Eden winks at (Mike) and sits back to watch what Lady Sif does.

Mike wasn't sure what the winking was about, but he watched Lady Sif too.

Lucifer Morningstar

Lady Did does indeed zero in on Lucifer, heading right to him.

Lucifer had expected her to come over. Very rarely someone came over to speak without a purpose.

" Yes, I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I will accept your request to speak with me."

Her body language spoke of confidence. Her surface thoughts spoke of curiosity, Angels and children.

Lucifer observed what her surface thoughts of desire said and decided to ask. " You are here to ask about him. I knew this was coming eventually," he simply replied.

@Gands

National city Lux II nightclub grand opening.

Lady Sif

" I have received a message from a comrade who is a great distance away. A place called Ragnarok."

She pulls out a photo, of a young boy, Asher and shows it to him.

" The boy claims his father's name is Lucifer, is this you ? "

(( under her breath ))

" He can teleport, but otherwise seems to be a good boy, or so I am told"

@LuckycoolHawk9

National city Lux II nightclub grand opening.

Lucifer Morningstar

" I have heard of it, it is actually in another universe, so it is a far, far distance away. Please continue."

Lucifer observed the boy and he did look similar to him in a small way.

" Well, for me at least, it would be an impossibility. I'm infertile."

"However, it is entirely possible that he is another version of mine kid, there are still three not fused with me like the others," he muttered.

@Gands

Lady Sif National City Lux II

Sif listened very carefully to every word.

" I see, from what I've been told, the boy needs his father. I am not unfamiliar with your reputation though. You are powerful, do you have a way to find the others ? Are any of them close to this place. ? "

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar National City Lux II

Lucifer was silent, seemingly lost in thought.

" I do know of basic things about them. If I am correct, unless he is traveling dimensions, one should be on the planet, as soon as the person typing this has time to make his sheet/write that epilogue. I am uncertain of the other two though, besides broadly city and space."

@Gands

Lady Sif Lux II in National City

Lady Sif seems to be satisfied with Lucifer's answer.

" Master Lucifer, I thank you for your veracity in this matter. You are a refreshing change from my usual exchanges with ... well, your family. I thank you. I invite you to visit Asgard when it is more convenient for you. The Allfather would be delighted I think, though Loki would be completely besides himself... were he to get out of his Cell. "

She extends her hand and if he extends his, she grasps it and shakes it.

" Good fortune to you Lucifer Morningstar"

With that she leaves. Getting up and accompanying her are two men. One larger, somewhat bigger than life, the other seems... Asian.

Eden Haller Psyhawk.

"You know Mike, I think he just had his hands full there, don't you ? But he certainly impressed her. That's rare in her case "

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar/ Lux II in National City

Lucifer was happy that she seemed to be happy with his answer.

" Trust me, I can understand where you are coming from. Most of my family is unbearable to me too. They tend to want everything their way and no other and aren't willing to bend. I will greatly take your invitation to come and visit Asgard when I have some time to myself. I do hope that your friend finds the other version of me, wherever he may be."

Lucifer extended his hand back to her and shook it back. He felt strangely honored.

" Likewise." He looked around and took a deep breath.

He didn't think too much about the man who accompanied her and he went back to what he had been doing before, greeting his other guests.

Mon-el/ Mike Matthews

" Yeah, he certainly does. I am surprised that he did. I guess he is a good man. I mean- probably. Do you think he is okay?"

@Gands

Eden Haller Lux II in National city

Eden thought about it, without trying to look into Lucifer's mind.

" I think like all of us Mike, trying to live life in an imperfect world. I certainly get the idea he is trying his best to do the right thing. I think he's okay. "

" No Angel Mike, but I think you'll be okay here. "

@LuckycoolHawk9

Mon-El/ Mike Matthews/ Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer looked over at the guests and debated if he should go check on his future employee

" Oh, well, it is good to know that he isn't a bad person, everyone on this Earth is so different compared to Supergirl, she is nice," he said, not sure what other word fit her.

Lucifer walked over and decided not to correct Eden. He was technically a fallen angel.

@Gands

Eden Haller Psyhawk

"There are other people on this planet who are nice Mike, and I'm sure you'll meet some eventually " ( She laughs and winks at him )

" I have reported to those who were interested that, you will be fine here. I will have to check in on you once in a while as will Norrin Radd. "

" You do know, that you have very few secrets from me right ? But, what people don't need to know, they wont find out from me Mike ! "

With that she gets up and gives him a tight hug and starts to leave, giving a waive to Lucifer on her way out.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Alexandra Kalomoira Huntress

Alexandra had been in the Lux club in Los Angeles before. She was looking into extensive business purchases in National city and decided to drop in to opening night here at the Lux National city.

a83d51bde7fb34a930f1c63a2d74880c.jpg

It was going to be expensive to set up another base for Huntress here, but if she was going to be in town watching new properties, it might be a good idea.

She danced a bit, enjoying some rare time not being Huntress and not worrying about business. She noticed a new Bartender and went to order a drink.

" A shot of Uzo please bartender !"

She snapped her fingers playfully to get his attention as he seemed to be watching a woman leaving the bar.

" Baaartender ?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Mon-El/Mike Matthews and Lucifer Morningstar

Mike had assumed that niceness was a human trait, but he had met very few who had been nice to him. He wondered what was funny.

" Okay, I am sure that I will be. I doubt that many dangerous things could happen here," he said, looking around to see what was happening.

Mon-El was happy that his secrets was safe with the woman. He trusted very few people, but he definitely trusted Eden with his secrets.

Mon-El hugged her back and watched as she left. He had a job to do- didn't he? As she left, Lucifer waved goodbye.

Lucifer watched as she left and continued to interact with his guests. There was always so much you could learn from being around others and especially when you saw who came to the opening of his club.

Lucifer watched as he wondered if his new bartender would be fine. Mixing drinks on Earth was different from mixing them anywhere else. He hoped he had made a good investment.

Mon-El had not been actively paying attention to everything was going around- so he didn't exactly hear her arrive at the bar. Oh goodness, what a start.

Mike did not hear what she wanted.

He turned to her and noticed that she had snapped her fingers. Had he gotten distracted by Eden's leaving?

" Sorry, what did you want again?"

@Gands

Alex - Huntress

< She laughed, a rare enough sound >

"Wow, she must have been really good Bartender ! I'll have a shot of Uzo please. No Ice."

She looked around, the first time seeing the owner. Interesting, he really was paranormal.

" You do know what Uzo is right ?

@LuckycoolHawk9

Mike Matthews/ Mon-El

Mon-el didn't understand what was funny.

"Wow, she must have been really good Bartender ! I'll have a shot of Uzo please. No Ice."

" One shot of Uzo coming up," he said, as he took a moment and found the bottle of Uzo.

Once it was located, he poured it into a glass and didn't put any ice in it. He could follow directions.

" I would assume it is this alcoholic beverage labeled Uzo."

@Gands

Alexandra Kalomoira AKA Huntress

Alexandra took the Uzo in the shot glass and downed it. She set the glass down nicely and looked back at Mike.

" You were staring at that woman who left like she was a long lost relative or girlfriend. And yes, Uzo is pretty potent stuff."

She looked around, seeing no spirits in this place, a nice relief, mostly because it was very new, and otherwise perhaps because of the distinct Aura that the owner seemed to give off.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Mike Matthews/ Mon-El and Lucifer Morningstar

Mike was cleaning a glass that someone had finished. Bartenders did that, didn't they? He hoped he wasn't screwing this up.

" She is a friend who got me out of a tight spot," he simply replied back to the Huntress. It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the outright truth either.

Lucifer was busy greeting the guests. He hadn't had any ghosts at his old place either. It might have something to do with the fact that not even ghosts wanted to screw with the Devil either.

@Gands

Dumb adults.

All of 'em! Every single one is dumb!

A young girl makes her way down a crowded sidewalk in the heart of National City. If you were to look in her direction, it would be obvious that she's in a very foul mood. Her hands grasp the straps of the backpack she wears... an awesome BMO backpack… her knuckles practically white she's gripping it so hard. She stops suddenly and spins around, a couple almost running into her. She shakes her fist in the air as she shouts angrily "All I wanted was one piece and I was gonna pay ya later! Stupid!" Her lips keep moving as if she's trying to think of other things to shout, but alas no words come. Some of the people commuting around her look in the direction she's yelling, seeing a hot dog and pizza vendor just shaking his head as he absently wipes the top of his food cart.

She huffs and spins around again, the tassels of her Hello Kitty hat swaying as she does. "Hmph!" She exclaims as she grips the straps of her backpack once more, continuing her angry march of one. She's getting hungry.. she doesn't have enough to spend on a grand meal. Not like she's used to. But she knew the risks when she left the Avengers grounds. Okay, no she didn't. Not really. All she saw was a solo adventure. That's how it works for superheroes, after all. They start off on a team, grow and love together. And then one of them goes off and has a solo adventure. And that's where Molly Hayes is now.

She's been on her own for about 3 days now, and she's been doing okay getting by. She knows she's cute, and she has used that to her distinct advantage to get what she wanted. Food, mostly. She succeeded in getting some pizza from that vendor 2 days ago.. but she went to that well one to many times. She does intend to pay him.. when she has enough money to pay him. If she ever has enough money to pay him.

"This sucks."

She mutters softly as she strides, her eyes cast down to her sneakers as she walks. She has considered going back to the Avengers Compound.. but then she would have to listen to the grown ups saying 'told you so, kiddo!'. Worst than that, Klara would gloat forever about how she told Molly not to go out on her own like this. But she, of course, listened to no one. As often is the case with little Molly. She'll be fine.. she knew it wouldn't be easy. She knew it would be hard. The hero's journey often is, that's something she knows for a fact.

But she had no idea it would be this difficult.

And it's only been 3 days. She has a place to sleep.. it was pretty easy getting a bunk at the church that allows the homeless to sleep there. When they have room. But.. well she's 12. So of course they let her in. Even if they also tried to find out where her family is, discretely of course. They all assume she is a runaway.. not a Runaway… but a runaway. A kid that ran away from a broken home or something. Which is entirely not the case. She's a superhero, the superest of heroes, in fact! But the adults at the Avengers Compound are only holding her back. Treating her like they're her parents.

Her parents...

With that thought she bites down on her lower lip, and then she sighs to herself. Okay.. maybe it's time to throw in the towel… maybe…

She blinks as she looks up, hearing a commotion ahead of her. The commuters have thinned out at this point, there's hardly anyone on this block. It's not the best of neighborhoods… but it's on the way to the church she's staying at. She blinks as she tries to see what it was she heard.. and she sees a couple of guys get out of a car and run into an alley up ahead.. and she hears someone cry out from that alley.

Molly's eyes go wide…. Someone's getting mugged…

YAY!

She grins widely and hops up and down, unslinging her backpack as she stares ahead of herself. She then looks around, and sees a dumpster across the street. She darts towards it, pulling her pink (with rainbows) jacket off, giggling the whole way.

'Princess Journal Entry.. I am will call this chapter 'new begining'. Because it's a new begining. I heard the call to action, I heard the call of destiny. My destiny. The hero's destiny. It was time for me to prove myself against the peo- world. It was time'

In her head she's already writing her memoirs. And as she skids to a stop behind the dumpster, she unbuckles her jeans, now speaking softly to herself, continuing her 'entry'.

"for me to show everyone that I had things to prove. That I can be of use. That I can help too do things too."

She grunts softly she zips open her backpack, stuffing her clothes into it hastily. Now do we have a little girl running around naked? Not at all… she (of course) had another outfit on under her street clothes.

"Cap'n America said I wasn't good to be ready, and his breath smells. That's why I'm.."

Her voice trails off as she quickly takes her hat off and stuffs it into the backpack, and she puts on her mask.

'here… in this city. The big city. The biggest city ever, ready to take on the worst bad guys ever. Bad guys are a cowardly a lot, and I'll eat their fear.'

Does some of that not sound exactly right to you? Well keep in mind.. you're inside the head of a 12 year old that dropped out of junior high. Don't expect War and Peace. She tucks her backpack under the dumpster, making sure it doesn't get hurt. And then she runs from around the dumpster towards the alley, giggling once more.

And once she gets to the alley she saw the trouble, she sees 3 guys shoving around another guy. A smaller guy. Molly stops at the entrance of the alley, her hands on her hips as she stares at them, her hair and awesome cape swaying in the wind all superheroey like.

"Hey, jerks! I'll give you one chance to walk away before I start beatin on ya!"

'First rule of heroing.. make sure you give them the chance to make the right call. Or the wrong call. Usually the wrong call.'

As one all the men look towards Molly.. and as one they start to laugh. Molly blinks as her hands fall from her hips, her cheeks reddening as she stares back at them. "H - Hey stop laughing, jerks! I'm here to arrest citizens!" But that just makes them laugh more. They all look back towards the man that was getting beat up…though he doesn't really look like he's hurt all that much. And now Molly feels her cheeks burning, embarrassment filling the whole of her body.

'I tried to give them an out. A way to get away from my wrathful wrath. But they decided to be mean. I should have just stopped them and not said anything. Stupid adults.'

And then she is in motion, sprinting towards the group. One of the men spots her, laughing lightly as he motions to the guy between himself and Molly, that guy's back to her. "Dude, you're about to get beat up by a little girl. Better look out!" they both laugh as now he looks over his shoulder, seeing Molly coming at him. "Go away ya little biiiiaaaaaah!" his words are cut off as she grabs the back of his jacket, spinning him around. And she lets go of him, sending him flying out of the alley, her eyes now glowing a bright pink. He lands a good 30 feet away, hitting the street hard. A car swerves to avoid hitting him, but the driver doesn't stop of course. The other men now just stare wide eyed as Molly's gaze snaps to them.

'From this day forward, these stupid adults will ruin the day they messed with'

"Princess Powerful!"

Her eyes flash once more as she lunges towards one of the other men, grabbing his arm and throwing him over her shoulder. He hits the side of the building near them, landing on his head and blacking out immediately. She grits her teeth as she looks to the third assailant, her hands in fists at her sides. And he just… well he's not sure what to do. So being the dumb man he is, he does what he usually does when he feels he's in some kind of bad spot. He lashes out. He backhands Molly as hard as he can.. but she doesn't move. He yelps as he grips his hand, feeling he at least bruised some of the bone. She draws a fist back and thrusts it at his midsection, and he is lifted into the air a good 9 feet, landing with a thud on the pavement.

Princess Powerful looks around the alley, now feeling she should catch her breath. A wide smile on her lips, she looks to the man she 'saved'. "I saved you!" She exclaims, as if he didn't know that. He just continues to sit there on the ground, shaking his head. "They.. those're my pals.. they weren't really.. they was just messin.. yer a mutie!" he says, and Molly narrows her eyes at him. "Hey! That's not a nice thing to sa—" Now she is cut off as she jumps, hearing a siren behind her on the street. She turns to see a police car pull up and stop quickly, its lights flashing. She looks to the man sitting on the ground, and she shakes her fist at him in warning. She then looks towards the officers as they get out of their car, hands resting near their tasers. "I was helpin ya out, officers!" She says in a happy tone, now practically skipping towards them. The man behind her yells "She's a mutant! Look out!" the officers freeze as Molly does, and she turns to face the man, shaking her fist at him again. "Okay I warned you!" One of the officers draws his taser, pointing it at Molly. "Just stay where you are, mutie!" She looks towards the officer. "Hey! That's not a nice thing to say!" One of the officers looks to the other and speaks in a rushed tone. "Get someone on the line, the Avengers or Justice League or somebody" Molly blinks and shakes her head a little. "No way! I'm not goin back to the Avengers! Cap'n America is a jerk!" The officer with the taser fires it at Molly as she now sprints towards them angrily. All he knows is she's in some kind of lame-ass costume, some guys got beat up, and her eyes are now glowing. He's never been in this kind of situation.. so he kind of panics. But the taser does nothing to Molly, the prongs can't even penetrate her skin. The other officer reaches for his radio, and he starts to speak into it in the same kind of rushed tone his partner used. "7 Baker to base, we've got a possible mutan-" he's cut off as Molly gets to the car.

She knows if given the chance they'll chase her. With their car. So… she jabs the car right at its hood. Her fist goes right through the hood as if it were paper, and she grabs whatever she can, yanking it out. The officers fall right on their asses as she punches the car, the car being pushed back a foot or so. She tosses pieces of metal and wires over her shoulder as she runs passed the car and starts down the street. She fights the tears threatening the corners of her eyes. All she wanted to do was help. And they just ended up calling her names and being mean. All she wante-

"Beemo!" She cries out as she skids to a halt, and she runs back towards the scene. The officers are slowly getting back up, and Molly runs towards the dumpster across the street from them. She almost forgot her stuff! The officer draws his own taser, watching her wide eyed. As if it were no mean feat she picks up the dumpster with one hand, hefting it over her head. She scoops up her backpack with the other hand, speaking softly. "Leave no man b'hind, Beemo!" and she tosses the dumpster just a few inches in front of her. It lands with a very loud clang, with which she cringes. That was louder than she thought it would be. She now sprints down the street, in the general direction she thinks the church is in. But she ducks into one of the alleys she passes, hoping to loose whoever might be chasing her. "Cheese it!" She exclaims as she runs, slipping her backpack on over her cape.

The officers don't give chase, but they are able to call it in finally. They report they were assaulted by a mutant, their car trashed and 3 men injured. They don't mention her age, all they say is that it was a mutant.

Last edited:
Winn Schott really didn't like the idea that he was the agent that they were going to send to investigate the mutant threat. It seemed that most of his friends at the DEO was afraid that it was an alien who was behind these attacks and he wasn't about to argue with them. Ever since Kara had disappeared for a bit, things had been so confusing for the man. He often wondered where she had gone. One moment they had been investigating something and within a few days, she had disappeared into the void. He really hoped that whoever this was, he wasn't going to run into trouble. He was not happy about this either way though.

tumblr_o3e6g3s8Lq1u9773so2_250.gif

@Camleen

Alexandra Kalomoira AKA Huntress

As she was talking to the bartender, on her second Uzo, her phone rang.

" Yes Director Coulson, yes, that's not far from me. Yes, I understand, I'll be happy to help. "

She gets up, heading to the Club's owner.

"Pardon me sir, do you have someplace private I could change please ? "

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen

Status
Not open for further replies.