• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michale CS

Ignorance of grammar is not an excuse.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Evenings, Pacific Time
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Title: Monkey See, Monkey Do.
Power level: Enhanced to Global
Look/Feel: [Mastermind's Machievellian Plot ]

Mission Full

Los-Angeles-Skyline.jpg

Los Angeles. one of the Crown Jewels of the West coast, as coined by CatCo Worldwide Media, along with National City, San Diego, San Francisco, and Coast City.
Crime is no stranger to Los Angeles with one of the highest crime rates of cities in California. But, crime, after a fashion was somewhat predictable. People choose a life of crime, and recidivism in criminals is high.

What is strange is a rash of burglaries, armed robberies and other type of theft from people who had never committed crimes before. Even more strange - none of them remember committing these crimes, even under polygraph. They simply don't remember. Most of the thefts were from law abiding citizens who had never even had so much as a traffic ticket. Those who weren't caught during the act dumped their ill gotten gains somewhere that they cannot remember, even with trained psychologists aiding them.

This sounds like a job for...

You, maybe?​

Last edited:
...a man who flashed the LAPD Civilian Aide badge to get into the place. He had a hard time getting just the few blocks because the traffic was horrible, for some reason. he kept hitting red lights.

Lucifer was really hating that the LA traffic had gotten him so badly, but he knew better than to run through the red lights, Decker was always looking for reasons to not trust him and running a red light might catch her attention.
"Great. Albert Apestein is behind all this." He mumbled before heading out, spotting Lucifer as he did so. He remembered seeing this guy at Frodo's place, and he of course knew he was working on the case. Deciding that he would need all the help he could get with tracking down and fighting the giant genius gorilla, Jason stopped and turned to Lucifer on his way out. "Hey bud, you got a second?" Jason asked the Devil

Lucifer paused and he looked at the stranger who was also at the scene. He had noticed that crazy had arrived on the scene and well, he had a feeling he knew something- despite not being the real man who examined the body. He was about to answer the young man's question with either a snarky remark or something, but he saw the agent arrive with the four policeman. He didn't need his charm when he heard the agent speak.
by Hercules, and even Morningstar was impressed with the little oomph she had in defusing the situation, that was not entirely mundane, that speech.
Lucifer recognized the type of charm that took. He knew that was no child of his, but he did know enough greek mythology to know whose kid or descendant that was. He looked at Jason now and waited for his response. Hopefully, this man wasn't stupid enough to do something even crazier.

@Ringmaster @Gands @Michale CS @york @thatguyinthestore

I smile when Cardiff arrives, odd that I previously didn't realize her heritage.

I give Lucifer a nod

Morningstar ! Well met.

Now lad ( to Jason ) do you have anything else to tell us?. Perhaps if we all put our cards on the table, we can help each other ?

There is no fire in my speech or my body language. But my eyes tell a tale of a long frustrating day.

I wave Cardiff over, then Tepes

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @york @LuckycoolHawk9

Things were going great for Jason. Until the actual coroner showed up. Followed by four police officers, weapons drawn. Agent Cardiff stepped forward, hands raised, between them.

"Now now, we don't need to escalate this. All this man is guilty of so far is interfering with a crime scene and impersonating a government official. We've turned more of a blind eye to a lot worse in the name of getting justice served. Let's hear the man out, and why he decided to do this, before this escalates needlessly." The Golden Girl finally revealed her golden tongue. The Olympian heritage was instantly recognizable - how had he not seen it sooner? - by Hercules, and even Morningstar was impressed with the little oomph she had in defusing the situation, that was not entirely mundane, that speech.

Tepes, meanwhile, was just arriving at the ground floor when all of this was going down. Two coroners, one obviously an imposter, cops slowly lowering their weapons, and a hint of recognition between Morningstar and the false coroner.

@Gands @Ringmaster @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore
Jason rolled his eyes when several police officers and another SHIELD agent showed up. "Great." Jason mumbled. As he heard the agent speak, Jason felt relieved. He decided to come clean, seeing how he didn't have his army or anything else to take on an entire agency in this universe. What harm could some help from an agency do, anyways?

"Ok, I was here investigating the murder, like you people were. I have reason to believe that this is connected to the recent thefts that have been occurring over the past few weeks. If you'll allow me to take you back to the crime scene, I can show you the evidence I've found."

• Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS
smile when Cardiff arrives, odd that I previously didn't realize her heritage.

I give Lucifer a nod

Morningstar ! Well met.

Now lad ( to Jason ) do you have anything else to tell us?. Perhaps if we all put our cards on the table, we can help each other ?

There is no fire in my speech or my body language. But my eyes tell a tale of a long frustrating day.

I wave Cardiff over, then Tepes
Lucifer noticed that he was being acknowledged by the man. " Hercules, I presume." Lucifer hoped that she had gotten him to work with them. He figured that he definitely wanted his help.

" Well, I believe we can give the imposter some time if he can help us. All of us are here trying to figure out the same thing, so might as well hear the man out." He looked back at the others and wondered if they shared the same opinion. He could easily make most of them, but he didn't have the strength. Fixing the man's mess earlier was still very draining. If this man proved to be useless, the punishment Lucifer gave would be swift. He hated people who wasted his time and his power.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @york @Gands

Lucifer noticed that he was being acknowledged by the man. " Hercules, I presume." Lucifer hoped that she had gotten him to work with them. He figured that he definitely wanted his help.

" Well, I believe we can give the imposter some time if he can help us. All of us are here trying to figure out the same thing, so might as well hear the man out." He looked back at the others and wondered if they shared the same opinion. He could easily make most of them, but he didn't have the strength. Fixing the man's mess earlier was still very draining. If this man proved to be useless, the punishment Lucifer gave would be swift. He hated people who wasted his time and his power.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @york @Gands
Jason nodded yet again and led the group to the room with the body. "As I told that Hercules guy, the victim was grabbed and thrown into the wall by a man who's roughly around 6'5. Except it's not a man." Todd then walked over to the white fur and showed it to the group. "This fur can only belong to one thing..."

Jason tapped a few things on his gauntlet before a holographic display that showcased Grodd's file appeared from it. "Gorilla Grodd. I also have reason to believe that he's connected to the recent thefts. They definitely match his MO, after all."

• Love
Jason nodded yet again and led the group to the room with the body. "As I told that Hercules guy, the victim was grabbed and thrown into the wall by a man who's roughly around 6'5. Except it's not a man." Todd then walked over to the white fur and showed it to the group. "This fur can only belong to one thing..."

Jason tapped a few things on his gauntlet before a holographic display that showcased Grodd's file appeared from it. "Gorilla Grodd. I also have reason to believe that he's connected to the recent thefts. They definitely match his MO, after all."
"What the hell?"

Tepes had finally spoken up, eyes wide as he looked at the monkey with a degree of shock.

"....So it really wasn't a costume. I managed to remove the mojo off some girl to show me it was a monkey. Didn't think it was...Well, real. So whats a monkey after here? Lifetime supply of fruit?"

@Gands @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore

• Love
That would explain a lot of things. I do think him being Here at this plant is not a coincidence.

By the way Morningstar, I'd like to have a long long talk with you sometime. Something regarding family, sympathy and taste.

By the way Morningstar, I'd like to have a long long talk with you sometime. Something regarding family, sympathy and taste.
{{ OOC but in a good way this time. I just have to post this in response to this post, ignore this as part of the storyline }}

It was a short train ride and a quick walk to arrive at the location, where she saw Hercules, the foreman, and someone else, who seemed to just have arrived...
@york
Eisley Cloud
@Gands @Ringmaster @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore

Eisley, having arrived at the scene, cleared her throat a little, quietly assessing her surroundings.

"So. What have we got here?" She asked, keeping her voice low.

She was a little cautious of the unfamiliar faces on the scene, but all the same... It would appear that they were all here to pursue the same case she was, though they may not be looking into the happenings surrounding the same individual.​

That would explain a lot of things. I do think him being Here at this plant is not a coincidence.

Lucifer had the exact same thought, but he decided to see what the Olympian had to offer on his opinion.

He paused when the hero mentioned a talk. What had he done or have done this time? He sure as hell didn't remember. " Fine, let's get it over with, right now seems lovely to discuss this."

@Gands @Michale CS @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore

No no, not now Morningstar. When the case is done, over a big cup of coffee. Nothing ominous, I assure you.

"What the hell?"

Tepes had finally spoken up, eyes wide as he looked at the monkey with a degree of shock.

"....So it really wasn't a costume. I managed to remove the mojo off some girl to show me it was a monkey. Didn't think it was...Well, real. So whats a monkey after here? Lifetime supply of fruit?"

@Gands @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore
Jason shrugged. "I don't really know, never dealt with him personally. But from what I can guess he just wants to rule the world or something. This girl give you any possible whereabouts or leads?"

Jason shrugged. "I don't really know, never dealt with him personally. But from what I can guess he just wants to rule the world or something. This girl give you any possible whereabouts or leads?"
"Just to a point that brought me here. Your guess is as good as mine at this point."

He replied wryly. He then glanced around and added.

"Although...Not sure, but I might have something."

He gestured for Jason to join him a ways away for privacy and back to the police, he reached into his jacket and pulled out the lines of formula he took from the office.

"Don't suppose you're a chemist, are you? Can you make sense of this?"

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @Gands @york

"Just to a point that brought me here. Your guess is as good as mine at this point."

He replied wryly. He then glanced around and added.

"Although...Not sure, but I might have something."

He gestured for Jason to join him a ways away for privacy and back to the police, he reached into his jacket and pulled out the lines of formula he took from the office.

"Don't suppose you're a chemist, are you? Can you make sense of this?"

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @Gands @york
Jason glanced over the formula and raised a brow. "Hmmm. Well, it looks like the formula for an energy drink. Though, it's most likely part of a two part formula. There's a lot of things in here that suggest some 'open' combination could be added. Either this is just sloppy work, or this isn't the whole thing. I have a hunch that it's the latter."

Jason had seen a formula like this before, mainly when he looked over the formula for Crane's toxin so he could make his own supply. He sure as hell didn't understand any of it, though. Chemicals and such was always Bruce's thing.

I really don't like the sound of that folks. Too much coincidence when you combine it with the murder and the potential presence of a mentally powered super strength Gorilla.

Cardiff, I would like to double check the DNA on that fur and full court documents for a complete search of this plant.

Anyone else have any ideas ?

Cardiff, I would like to double check the DNA on that fur and full court documents for a complete search of this plant.
The actual coroner was back at the crime scene now and police tape was stretched across the doorway to the electrical room. Cardiff had been talking with what looked like a homicide detective, but she turned when directly addressed.

"Local LEOs have jurisdiction here for now, until we get the DNA results. We confirm that it's genetically enhanced gorilla, this moves from LAPD's lap to SHIELDs, despite the fact SHIELD followed a lead on an investigation that led here. Paperwork, Hercules. I've always thought that it'd be paperwork that'd break Atlas' back. We got ten minutes to clear out of this scene and let LAPD's E-CSI in on this." She broke the news to Hercules and the other... "consultants".

The Detective in question? Freshly transferred in from New York to LA was one Elisa Maza.

nina_lisandrello_as_elisa_maza_by_misterandersen-d7zktk5.png

"Listen up. I've had my share with dealing with... consultants of all kinds in my day. I'm willing to pretend that a couple of SHIELD agents and some... concerned citizens arrived on this crime scene and did the right thing by keeping the area closest to the scene undisturbed and got the civilians out of here before any evidence could be tainted. That being said..."

She cleared her throat, walked over and looked up at Hercules, specifically. "...SHIELD, the Avengers, or even the devil himself -" as she cast her eyes across the room at the others, including the two Lucifers in it. "...are not going to get in the way of the LAPD thoroughly investigating this scene. As Agent Cardiff said, we have a specialized team to handle the enhanced crime scene investigations like this, and they're on the way. I'd advise all of you not to be here when they arrive. Their last ETA was twelve minutes. You got me?"
@Gands @york @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore

Understood Detective, please understand though, I'm doing this because you asked nicely. The other case, Shield still has jurisdiction on. Once the connection is proven, I will expect the same courtesy. Because on that day, The Hulk, my fellow Avengers and your police chief wont be able to get me off of this.

I look at Cardiff, We will need a place to meet Agent. Make something work please.

Gentles, will you all please join me, so we can talk about the case we all intend on following ?

Morningstar, is there an appropriate back room in that steamy club of yours ?

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @york @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9

The actual coroner was back at the crime scene now and police tape was stretched across the doorway to the electrical room. Cardiff had been talking with what looked like a homicide detective, but she turned when directly addressed.

"Local LEOs have jurisdiction here for now, until we get the DNA results. We confirm that it's genetically enhanced gorilla, this moves from LAPD's lap to SHIELDs, despite the fact SHIELD followed a lead on an investigation that led here. Paperwork, Hercules. I've always thought that it'd be paperwork that'd break Atlas' back. We got ten minutes to clear out of this scene and let LAPD's E-CSI in on this." She broke the news to Hercules and the other... "consultants".

The Detective in question? Freshly transferred in from New York to LA was one Elisa Maza.

nina_lisandrello_as_elisa_maza_by_misterandersen-d7zktk5.png

"Listen up. I've had my share with dealing with... consultants of all kinds in my day. I'm willing to pretend that a couple of SHIELD agents and some... concerned citizens arrived on this crime scene and did the right thing by keeping the area closest to the scene undisturbed and got the civilians out of here before any evidence could be tainted. That being said..."

She cleared her throat, walked over and looked up at Hercules, specifically. "...SHIELD, the Avengers, or even the devil himself -" as she cast her eyes across the room at the others, including the two Lucifers in it. "...are not going to get in the way of the LAPD thoroughly investigating this scene. As Agent Cardiff said, we have a specialized team to handle the enhanced crime scene investigations like this, and they're on the way. I'd advise all of you not to be here when they arrive. Their last ETA was twelve minutes. You got me?"
@Gands @york @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore
Jason rolled his eyes at the lady who had just entered. "Yeah, and your little clean up crew wouldn't have ever made the connection if I hadn't been here. I only think that it's fair that you allow me to assist you kids on this case so you don't end up dead or one of Grodd's puppets. Hell, I've dealt with people like this before. Ever heard of Jervis Tech? Way creepier than this overgrown ape. I think that I could really help with the case."

No no, not now Morningstar. When the case is done, over a big cup of coffee. Nothing ominous, I assure you.
Lucifer would have to remember that he had a coffee appointment with Hercules after this. " Okay, will do," he said to him.

Lucifer looked over at Hercules when he asked about that. " I got a private upstairs that should suffice," he said. He turned to Jason. " Son, it's better to pick battles you know you can win. These people don't want civilian interference and I know how well they take intrusions. We find a connection, we get an opening, it would be faster to walk back to the club, the traffic is horrible," he said.

@Ringmaster @york @thatguyinthestore @Michale CS @Gands

Lucifer would have to remember that he had a coffee appointment with Hercules after this. " Okay, will do," he said to him.

Lucifer looked over at Hercules when he asked about that. " I got a private upstairs that should suffice," he said. He turned to Jason. " Son, it's better to pick battles you know you can win. These people don't want civilian interference and I know how well they take intrusions. We find a connection, we get an opening, it would be faster to walk back to the club, the traffic is horrible," he said.

@Ringmaster @york @thatguyinthestore @Michale CS @Gands
Jason rolled his eyes at the lady who had just entered. "Yeah, and your little clean up crew wouldn't have ever made the connection if I hadn't been here. I only think that it's fair that you allow me to assist you kids on this case so you don't end up dead or one of Grodd's puppets. Hell, I've dealt with people like this before. Ever heard of Jervis Tech? Way creepier than this overgrown ape. I think that I could really help with the case."
Understood Detective, please understand though, I'm doing this because you asked nicely. The other case, Shield still has jurisdiction on. Once the connection is proven, I will expect the same courtesy. Because on that day, The Hulk, my fellow Avengers and your police chief wont be able to get me off of this.

I look at Cardiff, We will need a place to meet Agent. Make something work please.

Gentles, will you all please join me, so we can talk about the case we all intend on following ?

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @york @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9
"This club have anything in the way of drinks? Because I'm feeling a mighty need right now."

He deadpanned.

@Michale CS @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore

Status
Not open for further replies.