3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Title: Monkey See, Monkey Do.
Power level: Enhanced to Global
Look/Feel: [Mastermind's Machievellian Plot ]

Mission Full

Los-Angeles-Skyline.jpg

Los Angeles. one of the Crown Jewels of the West coast, as coined by CatCo Worldwide Media, along with National City, San Diego, San Francisco, and Coast City.
Crime is no stranger to Los Angeles with one of the highest crime rates of cities in California. But, crime, after a fashion was somewhat predictable. People choose a life of crime, and recidivism in criminals is high.

What is strange is a rash of burglaries, armed robberies and other type of theft from people who had never committed crimes before. Even more strange - none of them remember committing these crimes, even under polygraph. They simply don't remember. Most of the thefts were from law abiding citizens who had never even had so much as a traffic ticket. Those who weren't caught during the act dumped their ill gotten gains somewhere that they cannot remember, even with trained psychologists aiding them.

This sounds like a job for...

You, maybe?​

Last edited:
"Scents coming from here. If its this strong despite activity, then its possible they use this place as a hub."

He eyed the area and tried to scan for any spirits that might be lingering.
No spirits. Not of that kind. Plenty of discarded bottles of booze in the trash cans.

The smell was getting worse and harder to follow. It lead to a door with no sign on it and a metal handle. If tried, it was locked. It was late in the day enough to where there weren't a lot of people around, but the noise of forcing it would definitely attract attention.

Until Madrigal did one more thing for them. Suddenly, they couldn't even hear each other, and all outside noise stopped. The witch mouthed (or probably said) "Go. I can't hold this long." as the pair stood by the door.

Presuming they forced the door in a not patently obvious way, they were in a series of maintenance tunnels. Ones that were, actually roomier than one would expect. The scent was somewhat stronger here, but finally the scent became untraceable due to there being an open grate that led to the sewer below.

At this point, however, there was a metal ladder on the wall and a hatch above that presumably led to the surface.

@Gands @Ringmaster

"Okay... You do realize how strange this seems, right? It's like something you'd see in a cheesy mystery movie. But for sake of argument, say I do accept your help... What do I need to do at my end?" He glanced down at her suitcase since she had earlier.

"Think about it. A self-proclaimed model comes to an accused man's house with a suitcase and proclaims she has... hobbies. In that scenario there's either sex toys or a weapon in the suitcase and right now I don't wanna know... So, what do I have to do, anyway?"

@york
Eisley Cloud
@Michale CS

Eisley smiled a little, looks like things wouldn't be so difficult after all with any luck.

"All I need is for you to answer a few questions. After all, my contact can't get anywhere without a lead." She said, then she paused.

It was a bit hard to decide where to start, but Eisley quickly realized it would be for the best to start from the very beginning; this way, she could begin to piece together more of the story as time went on.

"So, first of all... Can you tell me what you can remember from that hijacking attempt?" She asked.

Though she sounded a little like a journalist despite her career, she sure didn't act like one; she wasn't making a motion to take any notes at all. In fact, the only thing that was immediately obvious from the expression on her face was that she was quite curious about the whole thing.​

"So, first of all... Can you tell me what you can remember from that hijacking attempt?" She asked.

Though she sounded a little like a journalist despite her career, she sure didn't act like one; she wasn't making a motion to take any notes at all. In fact, the only thing that was immediately obvious from the expression on her face was that she was quite curious about the whole thing.
"Nothing. I lost six hours before and a day after it, apparently, after all the grilling the cops put me through. Passed polygraph, saw a shrink, it felt like they had done this dog and pony show a few times by the time they got to me. Still, they tagged me with a GPS anklet and I'm on a go-nowhere order for the next little bit while my lawyer arranges a plea deal. Listen... I know a little about hypnotism and this wasn't it. I've even done a hypnotist act as part of my routine - My hobby... really, is being a stage magician. Observe." Thompson reached into his pocket for a handkerchief, and waved it lightly over the top of Eisley's case. A distrubring double-click came from it, indicating that he'd somehow defeated whatever locks she had on it. He waved his hand back the other way and the locks re-engaged.

"So, I know a lot about misdirection and tricks. This was... well, done by one of them. You know, people with... abilities. The last thing I remember is deciding to drop by the Watadonut one night. I didn't want to drive, traffic is crappy on a saturday night in Hollywood so I grabbed the Red Line... and next thing I know its 30 hours later and I'm being tossed in the back of a squad car. Sorry, it's not a lead, the police are stumped and I love a mystery but... yeah, either I was made to forget or... someone else was behind the wheel for those hours."

@york

"After you." Tepes drawled, perfectly fine with letting the legendary hero go first as he descended on after.

@Michale CS @Gands
They ascended the ladder and when Hercules got to the top, the hatch didn't open easily. In fact, the amount of weight on top of the hatch seemed to reflect some heavy machinery on top of it, which, while was well within his power, would undoubtedly be very noisy. If he didn't care about that... Then Bob's your uncle.

Do they even care about stealth?

@Ringmaster @Gands

Apparently, it did.

Todd finally was freed from Lucifer's influence as he found himself driving away from the facility. Back there, McCallister was being talked to by a guard who said it was a no-no to try to block his door from the inside while "Frodo" was trying to fix the all-in-one machine knowing it was a waste of time, and Morningstar was there in the room apparently official on the rolls as a visitor and consultant for the LAPD.

The guard departed, and Lucifer was left alone with the frustrated and panicking McCallister. "I can't afford to replace this now, man. I need this to do some of my work from here! Shit, I'm going to have to resort buying... from Best Buy. Ugh."

Lucifer breathed a sigh of relief.

He had his doubts that was going to work. It was taking a lot of energy to control that many people at once. It wasn't impossible for the Devil to do, but it had proven to become trickier over the years. He was happy that he gotten himself into the room without the place being destroyed and the cops being involved. If Decker got involved, she would chew him out again for being so damn careless in talking to a potential suspect.

Lucifer looked at McCallister and decided that he had some investment into this mess and an opportunity to make things interesting. " Well, it's your lucky day. Since this was an accident, I can get you a new one. Think of it a little trade/deal for something in return in the future," he said. He could always use a hacker like person.

@Michale CS @Deal with the Devil?

Reactions: Michale CS
McCalister looked over at Lucifer. "Free computer? You got a deal, but we're going to Fry's and I'm buying it by piece and building my own rig. If you want me to work for you, why would you want me to have an inferior box?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

McCalister looked over at Lucifer. "Free computer? You got a deal, but we're going to Fry's and I'm buying it by piece and building my own rig. If you want me to work for you, why would you want me to have an inferior box?"
Lucifer had to give the kid one thing, he wasn't slow like most humans. " I am fine with whatever computer you like, however you like to build is fine with me. I only have one request to make. Mention me, but don't mention the computer or anything else, we should get going if we want to get you to work on time."

@Michale CS

Lucifer had to give the kid one thing, he wasn't slow like most humans. " I am fine with whatever computer you like, however you like to build is fine with me. I only have one request to make. Mention me, but don't mention the computer or anything else, we should get going if we want to get you to work on time."
"Fine. I'm cool with it." He looked at his phone. "What the fuck... my Facebook is blowing up. Lemme take care of this real quick."

He typed in - Naw, I'm fine. I was a moron and knocked my box off my desk. Going to buy a new one now. FML.

"Okay we're set. You driving, Luke?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

I check my phone, no reception and no surprise.

Something heavy is parked on this hatch Lad. I'm going to try lifting really slowly to keep the noise down. Keep your fingers down.

First intention to lift this just enough and hold it so I can peek out from under it and get an idea where it comes out.

I check my phone, no reception and no surprise.

Something heavy is parked on this hatch Lad. I'm going to try lifting really slowly to keep the noise down. Keep your fingers down.

First intention to lift this just enough and hold it so I can peek out from under it and get an idea where it comes out.
"So what do you see?"

Being at the lower rung, Tepes would not be in any position to see a thing.

@Michale CS @Gands

"Fine. I'm cool with it." He looked at his phone. "What the fuck... my Facebook is blowing up. Lemme take care of this real quick."

He typed in - Naw, I'm fine. I was a moron and knocked my box off my desk. Going to buy a new one now. FML.

"Okay we're set. You driving, Luke?"

Lucifer hoped that he could hurry up and get going. The last thing he needed was the memory wipe wearing off. He had known it to happen sometimes.

He waited for the man to finish typing his text. It was up there with strange technology that he had grown to love/hate.

Luke. He would definitely add that to the name list. It beat Luci. " Yeah, I can drive us there."

@Michale CS

It's pretty bright up here and I hear loud machinery.

It looks like it's worth looking into to me.

I don't know if anyone else managed to get up here, but if they did, they must have moved something heavy on top of this grate.

I am going to lift a little bit more and try to scramble under the grate opening.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster

I don't know if anyone else managed to get up here, but if they did, they must have moved something heavy on top of this grate.
I am going to lift a little bit more and try to scramble under the grate opening.
Once he lifted it up further, a hideous scraping noise followed by a series of clatters occurred. Once Hercules got out, he saw that he'd just lifted a metal rack (which had wheels that could be jacked up and lowered, currently they were up, obviously) that was stacked full of metal crates, which tumbled everywhere.

A quick look around as the workers stopped and looked over. "Holy shit... are you okay man? Those crates are heavy." There was a big centerfuge looking thing in one corner of this factory, and several large vats. The man who was obviously in charge didn't even seem to know that there was a hatch, as there had been a black non-slip mat over the top of it. "I didn't know there was an access point here. You're from the city, right?" The large African-American man came over, looking for all in the world to be a foreman. For Lord Technologies it seemed, and his name said Jovan Williams. He stood nearly as tall as Hercules and looked... well almost as well built.

@Ringmaster @Gands

@Michale CS @Ringmaster
"I believe in you."

He said solemnly.

He then began to concentrate.....
Once he lifted it up further, a hideous scraping noise followed by a series of clatters occurred. Once Hercules got out, he saw that he'd just lifted a metal rack (which had wheels that could be jacked up and lowered, currently they were up, obviously) that was stacked full of metal crates, which tumbled everywhere.

A quick look around as the workers stopped and looked over. "Holy shit... are you okay man? Those crates are heavy." There was a big centerfuge looking thing in one corner of this factory, and several large vats. The man who was obviously in charge didn't even seem to know that there was a hatch, as there had been a black non-slip mat over the top of it. "I didn't know there was an access point here. You're from the city, right?" The large African-American man came over, looking for all in the world to be a foreman. For Lord Technologies it seemed, and his name said Jovan Williams. He stood nearly as tall as Hercules and looked... well almost as well built.

@Ringmaster @Gands
And as they were distracted, a black rat with red eyes darted out and away for the corner.

Heading for a place to give him some height and a view of the whole place.

@Michale CS @Gands

I dust myself off and climb out.

Sorry about that, I'm following a trail in a recent set of crimes.

Name is Hercules, I'm with Shield.

I present a card to the Foreman.

I am speaking loud enough for Tepes to hear.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster

I dust myself off and climb out.

Sorry about that, I'm following a trail in a recent set of crimes.

Name is Hercules, I'm with Shield.

I present a card to the Foreman.

I am speaking loud enough for Tepes to hear.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster
"Wait... The Hercules? Man, I used to follow you back in the day. And for the record? Wonder Man was a dick. Crimes? You're not going to find anything here. This is a manufacturing plant. I mean, you can look around, but... Unless caffeine and taurine are now controlled substances, you're not going to find anything here."

Meanwhile, the scent trail led Tepes up to one corner. A door labeled Electrical Room. Lucifer defintely smelled monkey from behind it, and the metal door had a rubber threshold that left no crack for him to squeeze underneath.

@Gands @Ringmaster

I've a big smile as I finish dusting myself off and pick the rack back up and set everything back onto it. I'm looking around as I do so, spotting the Rat.

Gentlemen, I can see nothing much would get past your keen senses. Just to tell my pointy headed masters at Shield I was thorough, can you open up that room there ?

When this case if done, you can show me your best pizza place !

This is all normal for me, nothing unusual in my stance aside from friendly fellow doing distasteful things on the job.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

"Nothing. I lost six hours before and a day after it, apparently, after all the grilling the cops put me through. Passed polygraph, saw a shrink, it felt like they had done this dog and pony show a few times by the time they got to me. Still, they tagged me with a GPS anklet and I'm on a go-nowhere order for the next little bit while my lawyer arranges a plea deal. Listen... I know a little about hypnotism and this wasn't it. I've even done a hypnotist act as part of my routine - My hobby... really, is being a stage magician. Observe." Thompson reached into his pocket for a handkerchief, and waved it lightly over the top of Eisley's case. A disturbring double-click came from it, indicating that he'd somehow defeated whatever locks she had on it. He waved his hand back the other way and the locks re-engaged.

"So, I know a lot about misdirection and tricks. This was... well, done by one of them. You know, people with... abilities. The last thing I remember is deciding to drop by the Watadonut one night. I didn't want to drive, traffic is crappy on a saturday night in Hollywood so I grabbed the Red Line... and next thing I know its 30 hours later and I'm being tossed in the back of a squad car. Sorry, it's not a lead, the police are stumped and I love a mystery but... yeah, either I was made to forget or... someone else was behind the wheel for those hours."

@york
Eisley Cloud
@Michale CS

Eisley blinked, cocking her head at those clicks that had come from her suitcase... Futuretech was not so easy to bypass, so this was either an illusion, or this man had more tricks up her sleeve than she had first expected. Well, he was definitely good at being a stage magician, but... He was indeed right when he said that he had been under the control of someone with abilities, or at least, he suspected the same thing that she had.

"Guess someone on the Red Line must have got you..." She muttered.

"If it was last saturday night. Then... We might have something." She said, pausing a little before she continued

"Do you remember the time? The car you rode in helps too." She asked.

Looks like she knew where her next destination was; the Red Line security office. It was likely that they would have footage she could work with. If she had to, she might have to hack into the database, if she needed a more detailed ID on Thompson's face in the footage, and whoever he might have been snatched by at some point during that ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.