• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michale CS

Ignorance of grammar is not an excuse.
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Title: Monkey See, Monkey Do.
Power level: Enhanced to Global
Look/Feel: [Mastermind's Machievellian Plot ]

Mission Full

Los-Angeles-Skyline.jpg

Los Angeles. one of the Crown Jewels of the West coast, as coined by CatCo Worldwide Media, along with National City, San Diego, San Francisco, and Coast City.
Crime is no stranger to Los Angeles with one of the highest crime rates of cities in California. But, crime, after a fashion was somewhat predictable. People choose a life of crime, and recidivism in criminals is high.

What is strange is a rash of burglaries, armed robberies and other type of theft from people who had never committed crimes before. Even more strange - none of them remember committing these crimes, even under polygraph. They simply don't remember. Most of the thefts were from law abiding citizens who had never even had so much as a traffic ticket. Those who weren't caught during the act dumped their ill gotten gains somewhere that they cannot remember, even with trained psychologists aiding them.

This sounds like a job for...

You, maybe?​

Last edited:
Lucifer looked over at Hercules when he asked about that. " I got a private upstairs that should suffice," he said. He turned to Jason. " Son, it's better to pick battles you know you can win. These people don't want civilian interference and I know how well they take intrusions. We find a connection, we get an opening, it would be faster to walk back to the club, the traffic is horrible," he said.

@Ringmaster @york @thatguyinthestore @Michale CS @Gands
Jason sighed and nodded. "Alright, fine. Almost forgot that we weren't in a city that relied on a freak in a Bat costume." Jason stretched out before tugging out a pack of cigarettes, of course waiting until he got outside to light it.
"This club have anything in the way of drinks? Because I'm feeling a mighty need right now."

He deadpanned.

@Michale CS @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore
Jason nodded at the other man's statement with a slight grin. "Yeah, after the day I've had a nice glass of scotch is just what I need."

"This club have anything in the way of drinks? Because I'm feeling a mighty need right now."

He deadpanned
Lucifer looked over at the man and he decided that he didn't need to answer that directly. He simply answered with a devilish smirk on his face.

Jason sighed and nodded. "Alright, fine. Almost forgot that we weren't in a city that relied on a freak in a Bat costume." Jason stretched out before tugging out a pack of cigarettes, of course waiting until he got outside to light it.
Lucifer looked at him and nodded. " The world is a lot more messier than it has been a few years ago. It was a much simpler time when multiple people didn't need to solve some murders. Also, it would be lovely if you can pass me a cigarette," he added.

Jason nodded at the other man's statement with a slight grin. "Yeah, after the day I've had a nice glass of scotch is just what I need."
Lucifer looked at the unstable man. " Not exactly sure if scotch is going to help. I do have a bar and scotch happened to be my drink of choice, fully stocked."

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @Gands @york

Lucifer looked at him and nodded. " The world is a lot more messier than it has been a few years ago. It was a much simpler time when multiple people didn't need to solve some murders. Also, it would be lovely if you can pass me a cigarette," he added.

Lucifer looked at the unstable man. " Not exactly sure if scotch is going to help. I do have a bar and scotch happened to be my drink of choice, fully stocked."

Jason nodded and gave tugged a cigar out of the box before handing it to Lucifer. "Here ya go." Jason said before tugging his own out and lighting it before placing the box back in his pocket. "And scotch is my preference as well. Preferably single malt, speyside, no ice." Jason added on, mainly so he could see if he had that specific type before getting his hopes up. Well, getting his hopes as high as they can get with a crazy super-genius gorilla on the loose stealing things for God only knows what.

Elisa ushered the rest of the group out, but she handed Hercules her card, and spoke softly to him. "I don't take the hardass line here and the boys on the street think I'm soft on metahumans. Trust me the second I can dump this mess of a case on SHIELD, I'm going to. I've been trying to crack these freak robberies for weeks."

"Actually, that was also on my to do list, sir. I just leased a place nearby. Second floor, Hollywood and Gower. Just a block from here. Right above the Burger Factory and across from the Museum of Death. I'll be picking up the keys tomorrow morning." Cardiff responded.

Not long later...

The group convened in the aforementioned back room of Lux...

@thatguyinthestore @york @Ringmaster @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

Ladies and gentlemen, first a note of gratitude for mister Morningstar and the use of his office.

So what do we know about this at this time. We know that large monkeys or Gorillas are at the heart of it.

We know that one of their, or it's paths went to this factory, at least at one point. I would guess that someone at the factory figured this out prior to our involvement. There was a very very heavy rack of stuff parked on the hatch I entered.

We know that the victims to this point have all been involved in relatively minor crimes compared to the effort to get them to do these things the way they were done. My opinion... a test.

Tepes here found chemical formulas that leave something to be desired in the energy drinks they make. Suspicious.

Did I miss anything, please enlighten me!

@Michale CS @york @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster

Ladies and gentlemen, first a note of gratitude for mister Morningstar and the use of his office.

So what do we know about this at this time. We know that large monkeys or Gorillas are at the heart of it.

We know that one of their, or it's paths went to this factory, at least at one point. I would guess that someone at the factory figured this out prior to our involvement. There was a very very heavy rack of stuff parked on the hatch I entered.

We know that the victims to this point have all been involved in relatively minor crimes compared to the effort to get them to do these things the way they were done. My opinion... a test.

Tepes here found chemical formulas that leave something to be desired in the energy drinks they make. Suspicious.

Jason took a sip out of his scotch and placed it on the table. Todd then let out a sigh and shook his head. "Nope, you've gotten all of it. But the thing is, where do we go now?" Jason asks before pouring another glass.

"Just to a point that brought me here. Your guess is as good as mine at this point."

He replied wryly. He then glanced around and added.

"Although...Not sure, but I might have something."

He gestured for Jason to join him a ways away for privacy and back to the police, he reached into his jacket and pulled out the lines of formula he took from the office.

"Don't suppose you're a chemist, are you? Can you make sense of this?"

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @Gands @york
Understood Detective, please understand though, I'm doing this because you asked nicely. The other case, Shield still has jurisdiction on. Once the connection is proven, I will expect the same courtesy. Because on that day, The Hulk, my fellow Avengers and your police chief wont be able to get me off of this.

I look at Cardiff, We will need a place to meet Agent. Make something work please.

Gentles, will you all please join me, so we can talk about the case we all intend on following ?

Morningstar, is there an appropriate back room in that steamy club of yours ?

@Michale CS @thatguyinthestore @york @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9
Lucifer would have to remember that he had a coffee appointment with Hercules after this. " Okay, will do," he said to him.

Lucifer looked over at Hercules when he asked about that. " I got a private upstairs that should suffice," he said. He turned to Jason. " Son, it's better to pick battles you know you can win. These people don't want civilian interference and I know how well they take intrusions. We find a connection, we get an opening, it would be faster to walk back to the club, the traffic is horrible," he said.

@Ringmaster @york @thatguyinthestore @Michale CS @Gands

He deadpanned.

@Michale CS @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore
Lucifer looked over at the man and he decided that he didn't need to answer that directly. He simply answered with a devilish smirk on his face.

Elisa ushered the rest of the group out, but she handed Hercules her card, and spoke softly to him. "I don't take the hardass line here and the boys on the street think I'm soft on metahumans. Trust me the second I can dump this mess of a case on SHIELD, I'm going to. I've been trying to crack these freak robberies for weeks."

"Actually, that was also on my to do list, sir. I just leased a place nearby. Second floor, Hollywood and Gower. Just a block from here. Right above the Burger Factory and across from the Museum of Death. I'll be picking up the keys tomorrow morning." Cardiff responded.

Not long later...

@thatguyinthestore @york @Ringmaster @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

Jason took a sip out of his scotch and placed it on the table. Todd then let out a sigh and shook his head. "Nope, you've gotten all of it. But the thing is, where do we go now?" Jason asks before pouring another glass.
Eisley Cloud
@Michale CS @Gands @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster

Eisley was oddly silent as the whole situation unfolded in front of her... She was casually observing, without a word, it looked like this was actually a bit of a habbit of hers. After some thorough rundowns of the situation, she finally spoke up suddenly, but fortunately not too loud and abrupt, an almost formal way to enter a conversation, really.

"There's a little more to this." She interjected, pausing a little before she continued.

"We know the... Culprits in question had access to victims from the Red Line." She added.

Well, she wasn't sure exactly how many of the people who had been under apparent mind control, from... What she could only sum up as, oversized Gorillas had been riding the Red Line, but she knew for almost certain that it was an emerging pattern, with multiple suspects. Hmm, it would be helpfull to analyze the footage from the Red Line, and considering there was a group here, she had to wonder if someone else had a less... Intrusive way of acquiring the correct footage.

"Anyone got ahold of some footage from the Red Line by chance? Recent. Preferably from around last Saturday to late Sundeay?" She asked suddenly.

"We have a fresh lead, is what we have." Cardiff tossed a copy of The Times on the table.

3gwURBQ.jpg

SCHOOL TEACHER ARRESTED AFTER CRIME SPREE
Unexplained Crimes Continue
by Renee Montoya

Lauren-Redfern-31361451_116061_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Lauren Redfern, a teacher at Central High School in the LAUSD, has been arrested after several crimes, increasing in their boldness. The latest caper in which she was attempting to steal a school bus equipped for special needs students, was her last, as she was caught by tracking the GPS locator the radio on the bus was outfitted with. She was pulled over at the Alameda exit of the 10 freeway, near Union Station this afternoon.

Like the other strange crimes that have plagued the area, Miss Redfern claims no knowledge of her crimes, which have not been released to the press. Through our sources, it is known that there were a series of crimes that seem to be attributable to Redfern, not the least of which is the theft of a shipment of iPads that were supposed to be delivered to an undisclosed LAUSD school.
Miss Redfern, aged 34, is a mother of two and has gotten numerous accolades from her employer. Her husband declined to comment when questioned.
It is not known if Miss Redfern is simply a 'copycat', feigning ignorance of her crimes or if she is the latest victim turned criminal in this ever growing, and ever disturbing, crime spree.

- Continued on A8 -
@LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Ringmaster @york @Gands

"Tomorrow afternoon and we'll have all the relevant footage from the security cams filtered, Miss Cloud." Cardiff added.

Jason nodded and gave tugged a cigar out of the box before handing it to Lucifer. "Here ya go." Jason said before tugging his own out and lighting it before placing the box back in his pocket. "And scotch is my preference as well. Preferably single malt, speyside, no ice." Jason added on, mainly so he could see if he had that specific type before getting his hopes up. Well, getting his hopes as high as they can get with a crazy super-genius gorilla on the loose stealing things for God only knows what.
Lucifer smiled as he accepted the cigar that Jason had handed him. As easy as it was to light the cigar with his pyrokinesis, he preferred not to use the powers that would make people notice he was different. He was happy to know that at least young crazy had some good taste in drinks when it came to alcohol. He wondered why Grodd was targeting the humans to do his crimes. If he remembered correctly from the news, he could also control powered people. Why go specifically for humans and petty crimes.

He was happy that they agreed to convene in his club, even if it was his private office.

Lucifer didn't reply with a you're welcome, he wasn't doing this for fame or glory, he was doing it since it interfered with his business.

He listened and wondered if there was anything that was going to make sense of these things. He paused

It was interesting to see what was being gathered about this case and he debated if there was anything that he could add. Nothing to seem to be able to connect back to him at the moment. He was silent as he listened to what he said.

It did seem that nobody had been murdered expect the man who was at the last crime scene. He wasn't sure what to make of that, but there was a connection. He knew that there was one indeed

It was indeed very suspicious that somebody wanted to spike the drinks and to make people go rogue. He was silent.

He paused, thinking back to Frodo and the memory loss.

" We also have to take into account that none of our victims seem to have any memory of the crimes that they had done and can't be coaxed out of them. If I were to guess, we have some mind control on our hands," he said to the others quite honestly.

Lucifer looked at Eisley. " No, I can honestly say that I was stuck cleaning some mess, didn't get much out of my victimt, he was a little distraught that he had accidently broke his computer." He wasn't going to specify that he was cleaning up Jason's giant mess that ended poorly. He hoped that the man didn't remember that.

Lucifer looked at the paper. " Well, there goes minor crimes."

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @Gands @york @thatguyinthestore

"We have a fresh lead, is what we have." Cardiff tossed a copy of The Times on the table.

3gwURBQ.jpg

by Renee Montoya

Lauren Redfern, a teacher at Central High School in the LAUSD, has been arrested after several crimes, increasing in their boldness. The latest caper in which she was attempting to steal a school bus equipped for special needs students, was her last, as she was caught by tracking the GPS locator the radio on the bus was outfitted with. She was pulled over at the Alameda exit of the 10 freeway, near Union Station this afternoon.

Like the other strange crimes that have plagued the area, Miss Redfern claims no knowledge of her crimes, which have not been released to the press. Through our sources, it is known that there were a series of crimes that seem to be attributable to Redfern, not the least of which is the theft of a shipment of iPads that were supposed to be delivered to an undisclosed LAUSD school.
Miss Redfern, aged 34, is a mother of two and has gotten numerous accolades from her employer. Her husband declined to comment when questioned.
It is not known if Miss Redfern is simply a 'copycat', feigning ignorance of her crimes or if she is the latest victim turned criminal in this ever growing, and ever disturbing, crime spree.

- Continued on A8 -
Jason sighed and rolled his eyes as he read the article. "Looks like Grodd is stepping up his game. I understand money and weapons, but school buses?" Jason sighed.

" We also have to take into account that none of our victims seem to have any memory of the crimes that they had done and can't be coaxed out of them. If I were to guess, we have some mind control on our hands," he said to the others quite honestly.

Lucifer looked at Eisley. " No, I can honestly say that I was stuck cleaning some mess, didn't get much out of my victimt, he was a little distraught that he had accidently broke his computer." He wasn't going to specify that he was cleaning up Jason's giant mess that ended poorly. He hoped that the man didn't remember that.

Jason nodded and looked to Lucifer with a "well duh" type of look. "Yeah, Grodd's already been known to use mind control. Least he ain't Tech. That guy can creep anyone out." Jason shuddered a bit.
Tepes, you know there was another path in that subterranean set of tunnels betwixt the red line and the factory.

The Sewer.

It may not be anything, but it should be added to the things we should check. Following a scent might be near impossible down there.

@Michale CS @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Ringmaster
Jason shrugged and looked to Hercules. "Well, it's a good lead." Jason then snapped his fingers and stood up. "Hold on, I remember something. Before I left, I told some of my guys to have a file of one of the people who got robbed. That Frodo freak carjacked him. It's a long shot, but maybe the kid let something slip or did something to that guy who he carjacked that could help lead us to our favorite zoo animal."

3gwURBQ.jpg

by Renee Montoya

- Continued on A8 -

"Tomorrow afternoon and we'll have all the relevant footage from the security cams filtered, Miss Cloud." Cardiff added.
Lucifer smiled as he accepted the cigar that Jason had handed him. As easy as it was to light the cigar with his pyrokinesis, he preferred not to use the powers that would make people notice he was different. He was happy to know that at least young crazy had some good taste in drinks when it came to alcohol. He wondered why Grodd was targeting the humans to do his crimes. If he remembered correctly from the news, he could also control powered people. Why go specifically for humans and petty crimes.

He was happy that they agreed to convene in his club, even if it was his private office.

Lucifer didn't reply with a you're welcome, he wasn't doing this for fame or glory, he was doing it since it interfered with his business.

He listened and wondered if there was anything that was going to make sense of these things. He paused

It was interesting to see what was being gathered about this case and he debated if there was anything that he could add. Nothing to seem to be able to connect back to him at the moment. He was silent as he listened to what he said.

It did seem that nobody had been murdered expect the man who was at the last crime scene. He wasn't sure what to make of that, but there was a connection. He knew that there was one indeed

It was indeed very suspicious that somebody wanted to spike the drinks and to make people go rogue. He was silent.

Tepes, you know there was another path in that subterranean set of tunnels betwixt the red line and the factory.

The Sewer.

It may not be anything, but it should be added to the things we should check. Following a scent might be near impossible down there.

@Michale CS @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Ringmaster
Jason sighed and rolled his eyes as he read the article. "Looks like Grodd is stepping up his game. I understand money and weapons, but school buses?" Jason sighed.

Jason nodded and looked to Lucifer with a "well duh" type of look. "Yeah, Grodd's already been known to use mind control. Least he ain't Tech. That guy can creep anyone out." Jason shuddered a bit.

Jason shrugged and looked to Hercules. "Well, it's a good lead." Jason then snapped his fingers and stood up. "Hold on, I remember something. Before I left, I told some of my guys to have a file of one of the people who got robbed. That Frodo freak carjacked him. It's a long shot, but maybe the kid let something slip or did something to that guy who he carjacked that could help lead us to our favorite zoo animal."
Eisley Cloud
@Michale CS @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Ringmaster

Eisley smiled, patting her suitcase... At the mention of the sewers, she realized she might just have a lead; though the smells of the sewer would mask any other scent, she had her own ways of tracing the footsteps of a culprit.

"If they used the sewers... They're bound to leave something behind... If not footprints, then DNA... Even a little hair would do it." She said.

On the other hand, she couldn't just flat out say she had a suit from the future with her to give her a little assistance in her endeavors.

"I'll put on my... Business suit, and check out the sewer." She concluded after a moment.

Those who were less perceptive may not immediately realize what she was hinting at, but to her... It was pretty obvious.

Eisley Cloud
@Michale CS @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Ringmaster

Eisley smiled, patting her suitcase... At the mention of the sewers, she realized she might just have a lead; though the smells of the sewer would mask any other scent, she had her own ways of tracing the footsteps of a culprit.

"If they used the sewers... They're bound to leave something behind... If not footprints, then DNA... Even a little hair would do it." She said.

On the other hand, she couldn't just flat out say she had a suit from the future with her to give her a little assistance in her endeavors.

"I'll put on my... Business suit, and check out the sewer." She concluded after a moment.

Those who were less perceptive may not immediately realize what she was hinting at, but to her... It was pretty obvious.

He downed the rest of his drink.

"I'll go with you. I ain't gonna need no fancy lights or anything down there, so makes me best t'follow."

@york @Whoever​

"So, it looks like I am going to be busy getting an empty office to look like a command center in record time, and get all the data we're waiting on like facial recognition or...apparently gorilla sightings, no matter who they came from. By tomorrow afternoon the command center should be set up." Cardiff commented.

"So it looks like Miss Cloud and Mister Tepes are going to the sewers, Mister Todd is looking into the carjack victim, which leaves Mister Morningstar and Agent Hercules to look into Miss Redfern? Just so I know where you all are in case one of you needs backup for some reason."

@york @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

"So, it looks like I am going to be busy getting an empty office to look like a command center in record time, and get all the data we're waiting on like facial recognition or...apparently gorilla sightings, no matter who they came from. By tomorrow afternoon the command center should be set up." Cardiff commented.

"So it looks like Miss Cloud and Mister Tepes are going to the sewers, Mister Todd is looking into the carjack victim, which leaves Mister Morningstar and Agent Hercules to look into Miss Redfern? Just so I know where you all are in case one of you needs backup for some reason."

@york @Ringmaster @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands
Jason nodded and stood up. "Alright. I'll go look into it. We can meet back here once we're all finished."

Jason then exited the club and headed back to his base. Once he entered, he turned to one of his men, who was just leaning up against the wall smoking a cigarette. Once he noticed him, the man's expression changed to a scared one before he dropped the cigarette and crushed it under his foot. "S-sir!" The man said nervously. Jason rolled his eyes, as this was a usual thing with his men. "At ease. I just want to know if the file is on my desk." The thug let out a sigh of relief and nodded. "Yes sir. It's on your desk in your office." Jason nodded.

"Thanks." He said before walking into his office and closing the door behind him. He then picked up the file and looked it over, so he could find some leads as to where he was.

Aye, it seems like a good place to put Morningstar's epic charm to use. Lucifer, I have an incredible motorcycle if you want me to drive, works well in traffic too.

I grin at the other man.

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @whoever

Aye, it seems like a good place to put Morningstar's epic charm to use. Lucifer, I have an incredible motorcycle if you want me to drive, works well in traffic too.

I grin at the other man.
As much as Lucifer liked to drive his car, the traffic to the other place was horrible. He paused when he heard that there was a motorcycle involved in this. He had never gotten to ride one.

" Odd request, but may I drive? I prefer to go through some little shortcuts on the way. So, Mr. Hercules, whenever you are ready, let's get going," he said.

@Gands @Michale CS @Redfern Investigation

I'd like to say what the hell, but I don't think that would work out so well.

Do try to be careful, it can go.... very fast.

I retrieve the Keys and toss them to Lucifer.

I must say ( grinning ) I am confused at the nature of your game !

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS

I'd like to say what the hell, but I don't think that would work out so well.

Do try to be careful, it can go.... very fast.

I retrieve the Keys and toss them to Lucifer.

I must say ( grinning ) I am confused at the nature of your game !

Lucifer smiled when he told him that he wanted to say what the hell, but went against it. He caught the keys in his hand and he looked over at Hercules. " Tons of men try to figure out the Devil, nobody has, not even my current therapist."

@Gands @Michale CS

"Thanks." He said before walking into his office and closing the door behind him. He then picked up the file and looked it over, so he could find some leads as to where he was.
driver-image.jpg
Name: Jesus Montoya
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 138lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Criminal Record: None. Background check came back completely clean.
Profession: Delivery Driver for SAIA
Home Address: 505 Hobart St, Santa Ana California (Renting)
Work Address (Dispatch): 1551 11th Ave N Suite 200 Nampa, Idaho
Current Whereabouts: Out of state on a long haul. (Info obtained by calling his office. no way to get more without access to the computers on site at his work.)
Jesus has two siblings, a brother and a sister. His sister lives in Olympia, Washington and his brother lives in Portland, Oregon.
His parents, both living, live in Tecate, Mexico (Baja Callifornia)
He lives alone, and is separated from his fiancee' who lives in Alpine, Texas.
@thatguyinthestore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back