• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
National City
Airspace over the nightclub

Huntress

"Dammit, Cousin ( speaking oddly to the Helicopter ) you must land very slowly. Winn cannot as yet pilot the helicopter".

The helicopter starts flying itself as Huntress gets up from the pilot's seat. She moves to the open door and does a flying leap towards the sinking rubber boat.

The leap carries her into the sinking boat just as Beach Head grabs the two stupefied men out of it. She surfaces several moments later holding the box. Sputtering and shaking her head wildly.

Meanwhile, the seeming possessed helicopter starts talking in a Hal 9000 voice...

" Winn, I can't see you Winn, what are you doing Winn!!"

Then the voice drops character and starts to laugh...

" funny, right ? "

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Nomad-22 @Michale CS

Mon-El and Winn Schott

Winn didn't like the idea of the helicopter flying itself with a ghost at the helm. He really hoped that wasn't going to end bad.

Mon-el watched from a distance to see Huntress dive into the sinking boat and was surprised by this. That meant Winn was in the plane all by himself.

He looked at her and wasn't going to help and looked at her. " What is so special about this box that they came back for it not once, but twice," he said, finding that to be a very strange development indeed.

Winn was not comfortable with being in a helicopter with a ghost and bit his tongue.

God, Winn missed Kara. He missed her more than anything else.

Winn bit down on his tongue and decided to speak.

" No, it is not funny."

@Gands @Nomad-22 @Michale CS

Doreen had once again called the Squirrel-a-Gig and lowered a chain ladder down to Huntress if she wanted a boost out of the water, giving her and Beach a thumbs up.

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @Nomad-22

MollyBanner001.jpg

With each expression of not understanding, Molly seems to get more lost herself. But her eyes follow Starr's directions with each turn… first the comparison of the fakers and the masks… the holographic ice wall and the people there… she tries to follow along, but finally she looks back to Starr with something of a hopeless expression. "Okay… okay I don't know what you're tryin ta say… it's prolly really simple but ya lost me…"

She shakes her head a little as she watches Starr, really wishing she could connect with her. She hates not being able to help her, to really understand her. It makes her feel bad, on a genuine level. When Mac intervenes, she looks up to him and she holds her hands up as she speaks. "I'm tryin ta follow!"

She watches the two of them intently as Mac types out something, and Molly tries to lean forward to see. But she really can't make it out… not before Starr throws the pad down abruptly. "Whoah!" She exclaims, and moves closer to her. "Dude what did you say? You better not be mean to her!" She says in warning up to Mac, shaking her fist threateningly at him.

Molly moves closer to Starr and picks up her pad with one hand, her other hand moving to pat Starr's shoulder gently. She offers the pad to her as she speaks with a smile on her lips. "Hey, come on! It's okay. I'm sure he's just tryin ta help ya. He better be tryin ta help ya." She says as she looks towards Mac again, narrowing her eyes up at him. It may not seem very intimidating, for a 12 year old girl to be threatening a grown man… but here we are. She genuinely doesn't understand what Starr was going on about, or why she is suddenly so upset.

Reactions: Gands
Alexandra Kalomoira
AKA Huntress

Huntress puts one hand on the rope ladder , with the other hand holding the frozen, lead box.

< towards big Mike >
" This thing is dangerous, beyond belief. We need to keep it out of their hands. I will tell you what my father told me later. Just consider it weapon of mass destruction dangerous. "

Nearby, the Helicopter finally lands, much to the relief of Winn Schott. Huntress is soon once again on dry land.

"Mister Beachhead, for the moment, I will hold on to this box. I will relinquish it when you believe you have enough back up to make sure of it's safe handling. "

@Nomad-22 @Michale CS @Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192

The pad proved to be reliable and sturdy, any new marks dents and scratches blending in with the old ones. This relatively new pad had been thrown down a few times already.

Starr was more nervous since the fist shaking, looking wide-eyed at Mac and wondering what was going to happen next

In contrast, Mac was more increasingly calm satisfied "It's OK Starr. Mac jerk. I reckon I am.". He looked down, adding a bit of sorrow to the emotional whirlwind which was going on. The expression seemed to calm Starr a bit too.

"So, here's the thing, champ." Mac calmly said, pulling up one of the fallen over things to the chair so he could look Molly more in the eye.

"She can hear you, but she can't understand you. Mostly. I can say exactly whats going on though. Something or other about her makes it so that I can feel everything she feels, and she feels everything I feel. So, maybe you could relate to some of this if I explained it to you..."

"Imagine one day if you woke up in great pain and everything you knew was gone. The whole world is different, and you are different from the whole world. You don't know anybody, and you can't talk the way all the people in the world talk. It so happens that somebody found you and helped you and became your friend. So you don't have many friends and your not like most folk and you feel really lost, but making the best of it and having a good time. One thing that's a bit different though, Starr doesn't know about bad stuff in the world. She just doesn't understand it all yet."

" So we come out here and first we're all having a good time. Then the bad stuff starts happening and she feels all the fear. I think Starr feels the emotions all around her pretty strong, so I can't imagine what that was like. Then, she realizes that I am in danger. Then, I sent her away because I felt she might do more harm than good. Then, you showed up and she kind of had a good time but was also angry. Then, they attacked again and she saw me get hurt and couldn't do anything. Then, she got real real mad and started to do something about it. Then you showed up again. "

"So, she's mad because of the cobras. She doesn't know what to do about it because first you were attacking the bad guys then you told her not to hurt them. She's scared because she doesn't know if it's over or not. She's a little paranoid because she doesn't know who's going to attack next or when it's going to happen. She's real tired from all that already. She's worried about me like she's never been before. So she's frustrated about not being able to understand anything. Then when she went to tell you and ask you about all of it that you couldn't understand and I told her she did it wrong. So that frustrated her worse and also she's feeling really alone and scared. That all make sense to you?"

but at least she's going to be ok because she's not thinking about hurting those cobras anymore. Mac added silently too himself.

Starr seemed to understand what Mac was talking about, and came down to Molly's level, looking into her eyes ask if to ask a question. She held up her pad, which now just said

STARR

Mon-El/ Mike and Winn Schott

" So, whatever is in the box can't be in enemy hands. I can understand that. There were some powerful items that the .... royal family kept under key, even from the prince- or so they told me."

Winn breathed a sigh of relief that the other man/ghost didn't make a friends. He really hated the possessed helicopter and got out for air.

@Nomad-22 @Camleen @Gands @Michale CS @Kingof192

"All right, mission accomplished!"
KN06eRd.jpg

"Uhh... so what did we accomplish? We got a dangerous whatzit from some bad guys... soo..."
Doreen joined up with the rest of the 'team' there on the shore. "What's next? We call SHIELD or something to lock up the thingamabob so no bad guy steals it again, or something?"

@Nomad-22 @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @Camleen

Beach breathed a sigh of relief, it was over...finally, he hoped. He examined the strange box and nodded in acknowledgement to Huntress she choose to hold unto it for a little longer. Personally, Beachhead wasn't interested in getting his hands on it anytime soon, who knows what the thing does. Still Doreen asked her questions about they're going to do with it the ranger answered.

"That pretty much sums it up. Someone else above my pay grade will no doubt will take custody of that damn thing."

Looking back to the new prisoners they got he added.

"I'm going to be busy interviewing these chums. Great work everyone, this could've been a lot worse but y'all did it. Been a pleasure."

Done, Beach called SHIELD, udapting them on the situation and made his recommendations. Soon black helicopters appeared, dropping off more agents to firmly secure the area. Along with them were new paramedics to deal with the wounded back at the nightclub. With a nod of respect toward all of the superheroes present Beach with the now shackled prisoners took off with one of the choppers and flew away from National City.

(Hey guys, sorry for the delay and short post, but been really busy. It's been a great roleplay I must say.)

Last edited:
Huntress aka Alexandra Kalomoira

Huntress, still soaking wet heads for the Club. She is carrying the lead box in one hand, there are a number of old looking symbols on it. She pulls off her communicator, frowning at it as she walks, crushing it to dust between her finger and thumb. Finally coming up to where Molly is talking to Starr. She looks... at best... bedraggled.

" Mac, are things under control here ? It has been a long long day for us. "

She nods with a weak smile at Starr, and reaches out to hold Molly's hand.

" Can we go home now Molly ? "

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen @Kingof192 @Michale CS @Nomad-22

MollyBanner001.jpg

As Mac lowers himself to her eye level, her head bows down a little and she starts to get a pouting look on her features. Kind of the same look she gets when someone is yelling at her.

Imagine waking up one day and everything you knew was gone… your whole world different… and you're different from the whole world.

When Mac starts to explain that first part, that's how Molly hears his words. And at that moment, Starr would feel a great swell of emotion from Molly. For just a moment, Molly thinks Mac could be talking about her too. When her mutant powers manifested… it was at the same time she found out the truth about her parents and their friends. It was at the same time she had to Runaway, and her whole world changed. Her bed and her posters were gone, all of the things she grew up with, all of it gone in the blink of the eye. In the end, it turned out for the best, but when you're in the middle of something like that… it never feels like things will get better. Not ever.

But even after learning the truth about her parents, even though things in her life have turned out for the best… still she would give anything to see her parents again.

Still having a pouting look upon her features she now looks to Starr as Mac continues. She feels partially responsibility for Starr being so out of it, for her being so angry and frustrated. Sometimes Molly forgets that not everyone is on the same page as she is. Rather… sometimes people aren't smart enough to have caught up with her. Yeah, that's it.

"So yer like Chase an Old Lace…" she says softly, putting the relationship between Mac and Starr into terms her mind can better follow. She seems to ignore Mac asking if it made sense to her… most of it did. But he did talk a lot, and sometimes she drifts in and out of understanding when people do. Starr now moves so she is almost at eye level with Molly, and now Molly smiles to her. Her eyes move to the pad, and she steps suddenly closer to Starr. One of her hands grasps gently the edge of the pad (as if to hold it steady), and she watches Starr so she doesn't get offended or anything. She isn't sure how territorial Starr is with the pad. She looks to the screen then, and she starts to type with her free hand. Well… a single finger on that free hand. Molly has mastered the 'hunt and peck' style of typing. She starts a new line (not wanting to erase Starr's name). The word she types is only 5 letters long, but she has to start over a couple of times when she messes up. She then smiles more as she looks back to Starr, motioning to the pad, and then to herself. Hoping she understands. And the simple word she typed…

MOLLY

She of course lets go of the pad, and she stares at Starr for a few moments. "I know ya can't understand my words're nothin… I know." She then leans towards Starr and hugs her gently. She releases Starr as she continues. "But I hope ya know ya ain't alone anymore, kay?" She says with a nod. Once more knowing Starr won't understand the words… but perhaps the gestures she might…

Her gaze moves to Huntress as she approaches then. The hand is offered, and Molly reaches out to take it as she speaks softly. " 'm tired. Savin the world makes me sleepy…" Of course she didn't save the world… but in Molly's mind she certainly did. And making a few new friends… that's even better. Holding Alexandra's hand, she waves lightly to Starr and Mac with her free hand, smiling widely to them. She would 'say' goodbye, but again she knows Starr probably wouldn't understand the words anyways. So a simple wave is her way of saying 'good bye'… or more accurately…

'See you guys later!'

• Love
" Mac, are things under control here ? It has been a long long day for us. "

Well, we got Starr in a better place and I ain't been shot at for a good seven or eight minutes now, so..whoa! "

Mac watched as Starr let Molly take the pad and type.

"That girls brilliant! I have to explain that every time, and she up and took the pad like it was actually her own idea. Actually, I think both of them had that idea at about the same time. " he said to Huntress in a voice so excited he probably would have told anyone who happened to be nearby.

" Can we go home now Molly ? "

"Well, we appreciate you comin out again, but after what I just saw here I definitely need to ask you for a big favor when we all get to LA. For now though we need to find the hood for Starr, the rental car, and a really good bar. Just give us about five minutes before you get too far away this time, allright?" he asked

Starr waved back at Molly, a smile on her face this time. For Starr, the world was most often one never-ending present moment and she felt like she just had a breakthrough. The rest of the night's events and emotions she would deal with in time.

She made a hologram reading MOLLY FRIEND around a larger than actual Molly in the high 5 pose from earlier in the evening.

• Love
National City

Time passes. Remarkably, several days pass without incident. Huntress has in fact given her information to Mac, Beachhead and ( gulp ) Squirrel Girl.

It is noted that Huntress lives in the hills of the southeast area of the county north of National city. For her part, Alexandra plans to spend most of her time with Molly.

@Camleen @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Nomad-22 @Kingof192

MollyBanner001.jpg

And the days that come and go have been spent my Molly seeming in constant motion. She had been given a small room within Alexandria's home. And while it's not exactly 'her' room (not yet, her room is in Malibu after all), she's done her best to get it all nice and Molly'd up. A Dazzler poster, a poster for Mac's band (yeah she's a fan now), a small picture of a little group of people that no one there would know… and scattered on the floor are pieces of paper (some crumpled up and thrown angrily), and some with crayon and colored pencil drawings of new costume ideas. For everyone.

If she can make the group look like anime Magical Girls, she's sure as hell gonna try. Money and Winn, she can make them look amazing! She can even do some design changes with Windflower Pink Mare. Just painting the helicopter so it looks cooler.

Between costume designs, being a little bossy towards those around her (kind of the norm for her sometimes) and decorating her room… she's still found time for video games. She was able to talk Alexandria into getting them a PS4, and Molly got Zero Dawn Horizon. Her currently favorite game. Klara and Chase aren't around, so she doesn't think anyone would want to play any Mario Kart type games with her. Which makes her a little sad.

But at this moment… Molly is outside of the house. In the near forest, in fact. She found the biggest tree she could near the house… and proceeded to climb it. And that's where we find her. She stands on a thick branch, her arm half hugging the trunk. She thinks she might have found a good place for her secret hideout. No one would think to look up into the trees for her base. She's about 50 feet up at the moment, but wholly intends to keep going up to see if she can find a better spot. Or just leap to another tree. Chase calls her 'little gorilla'… for her immense strength, bad attitude (sometimes)… and the fact she seems to love to climb things. "ECHO!" she shouts as she stands there, listening for the echo. Which she can't really hear from here.

Tagging: @Gands, @Michale CS, @LuckycoolHawk9, @Nomad-22, @Kingof192

No one would think to look up into the trees for her base. She's about 50 feet up at the moment, but wholly intends to keep going up to see if she can find a better spot. Or just leap to another tree. Chase calls her 'little gorilla'… for her immense strength, bad attitude (sometimes)… and the fact she seems to love to climb things. "ECHO!" she shouts as she stands there, listening for the echo. Which she can't really hear from here.

"I used to listen for echoes too! Okay, sometimes I still do." Doreen was suddenly there, hanging upside down from a nearby branch.

"We didn't get to talk much when those bad guys tried to steal that funky whatsit." She flipped and landed near Molly.

"I'm Doreen! My super hero name is Squirrel Girl. I even wrote my own theme song. You're Molly, right?"

@Camleen

Mon-El/Mike and Winn Schott

Winn had gotten himself accustomed to the area and the mansion over time, having set up some laptops and checking in on at the DEO for threats. He did need his other job and he could do it from here. It would be bad if he couldn't. The DEO was also fine with this as somebody was there to keep on Mon-El. Despite realeasing him, they didn't exactly trust him and it wasn't without good reason. Winn was sipping coffee in the kitchen right now, trying to focus away from Mike who liked to spar with him. He prefer to not get any broken bones.

Meanwhile in the few days there, Mike had managed to customize his room to his liking. He ha put in a few punching bags, some motivional things amongst other things. He had found Winn in the kitchen. " Do you want-?"

"
No, I like all the bones in my body please. Mike, why don't you check in on Huntress?" He asked.

Mon-El frowned and just sat next to Winn, waiting for him to change his mind.

@Gands @Nomad-22 @Camleen @Michale CS @Kingof192

MollyBanner001.jpg

Squints as she watches the distance, listening still for her echo. As if squinting might help her to hear better or something. And it's about then that Doreen comes out of nowhere. "OH GOD!" She exclaims in utter surprise, almost slipping off of her branch. She hugs the trunk of the tree, staring at Doreen with wide eyes. She looks around a little… wondering where the heck she came from!? But then again… she is Squirrel Girl… and this is a forest.

Molly straightens herself carefully on her branch, now smiling widely to Doreen. She still hugs the trunk of the tree as she speaks. "Oh wow… Squirrel Girl… I useta have a poster with you!" She now steadies herself on her branch, kind of swaying a little at first. "In my old room. You were right next to Northstar!" She says with a wide grin.

"Wait… you was there? Why didn't I see ya… I wish I woulda…"
She'll probably think she was to busy kicking ass to have noticed Squirrel Girl. "An hullo Doreen! I'm Molly! My super hero name is Princess Powerful!" She says in a proud tone, smiling brightly. And she almost loses her balance again, grabbing onto the trunk of the tree. "Are you really a mutie squirrel? Do you eat acorns? Do you have a nest? Didju useta date Wonder Man? Cause he said he went out with you but we couldn' tell if he was jokin're not."

Tagging: @Michale CS, @Gands

Reactions: Nomad-22 and Gands
"Wait… you was there? Why didn't I see ya… I wish I woulda…" She'll probably think she was to busy kicking ass to have noticed Squirrel Girl. "An hullo Doreen! I'm Molly! My super hero name is Princess Powerful!" She says in a proud tone, smiling brightly. And she almost loses her balance again, grabbing onto the trunk of the tree. "Are you really a mutie squirrel? Do you eat acorns? Do you have a nest? Didju useta date Wonder Man? Cause he said he went out with you but we couldn' tell if he was jokin're not."

Doreen laughed. "You asked a lot of questions! Let me see if I can get them all answered in order. But first get comfy huh?" She reached down and grabbed Molly's hand, giving her a boost up to a place where a couple of the bigger branches diverged, so she could sit rather than cling to the tree - if she allowed it of course. Molly could easily be as immovable as the Juggernaut compared to even Doreen's surprising strength.

"Yes, I was there. It was my Squirrel-A-Gig that blew the gas out of the building, and I think you've got a great name! I thought I was a mutant for a long time but apparently it's something a bit different but not different enough to make a difference to most people. I eat acorns and all kinds of nuts, but acorns do give me extra energy! I have an apartment, but I do make nests now and then with some of my squirrel friends. And Simon and I met... at an ice cream parlor. I had butter pecan and he had strawberry. So I guess that counts as a date, but he was actually just ahead of me in line. Whew. I think that's all of your questions answered, Princess!"

@Camleen

Beach arrived to Huntress' place without incident. Unlike his usual attire, Wayne Sneeden came with a gray shirt, blue jeans, and brown shoes. Reason being is he wanted to avoid unwanted attention while going to Huntress' place for the meeting. He sighed, feeling out of place with both the clothes and the scenery.

To be honest I'm more used to wearing my gear and being on recon through a jungle than walking around in this suburbia. Ha I can just hear Psyche-Out's explanation about my mental state, not that I would care to.

He sighed, waiting below at the tree that Molly and Doreen were hanging around and pondered on the last few days. SHIELD had been interviewing the prisoners from the nightclub attack but with little result. Cobra is getting better at training its personal Beachhead admitted to himself, with both arms crossed the chest. So when Alexandra called in for a meeting, the ranger came to hear what she discovered.

Last edited:
A big black rental pickup truck (Id number 459) backed into the drive. The driver's side opened and Mac Beveman stepped down, then reached in to get a couple of small outdoor speakers.

Spotting Beachhead and taking an educated guess about his identity, Mac greeted "Roll tide, buddy" before opening the back of the pickup, which was carrying nothing. Setting the two speakers down on the back, he moved around to the passenger's side and opened the door.

Blue arms and face came out, and again reached for something inside. Starr handed Mac a guitar. He never shut the truck off.

Without a word, Mac brought the guitar to the back of the truck and sat down. He glanced at the house and up in the trees, seeming to not look at anything in particular. Had she not so conspicuous, Starr would have gone unnoticed as she drew a wire to the inside of the truck.

Mac started to strum a bit, and then knocked on the truck bed twice.

Mac started adeptly playing and saying an old song to which to which he had added a new verse (SEE BELOW). Starr arrived to the front and joined him, not quite so adeptly as mostly adequately playing some slight percussive accompaniment on the small drum she wore on her neck. A small part of the music and voices were coming from the speakers as well.

now not so long ago and not so very far
there was a different Jolly Mon
there was a different Starr.
But this time didn't go like it did in the past.
Because a group of heroes showd up
and they KICKED COBRAS ASS

Reactions: Nomad-22