" Ugh, good morning I suppose. Is there coffee Rin ? "

A mug, steaming hot and fixed just how Nessa liked it, of coffee floated its way over to Nessa.
"Of course, Nessa. So, what's our plan today?"

@Ringmaster @Gands

He returned to his meditation on the side. From their body language, they seemed to be a couple and he was content to be quiet for now.

@Gands @Michale CS

Nessa O'Toole aka Emerald Dream

" So, my dear Rin, last night while I was driving that last leg of the journey, my father... Darted out in front of our car causing me to come to a sudden stop. Which in turn caused this poor man, Roland to bump into our rental car. Now, you have to understand how my father works. This was his intention for Roland and I to meet. So, I thought the situation deserves a sit down. Roland hunts monsters. Evil things... "

"Mister Roland, perhaps you could.... explain you're situation, so we can determine if my father was right, and we can be of assistance. "

@Michale CS @Ringmaster

Last edited by a moderator:

" So, my dear Rin, last night while I was driving that last leg of the journey, my father... Darted out in front of our car causing me to come to a sudden stop. Which in turn caused this poor man, Roland to bump into our rental car. Now, you have to understand how my father works. This was his intention for Roland and I to meet. So, I thought the situation deserves a sit down. Roland hunts monsters. Evil things... "

"Mister Roland, perhaps you could.... explain you're situation, so we can determine if my father was right, and we can be of assistance. "

@Michale CS @Ringmaster

Silent for a moment, Lucifer considered his situation before rising to turn to look at them. A pen and paper later, he sketched out a rough looking wheel. A circle, with spokes and a center as he spoke in a rumble.

"Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower. And within it, a stairway, perhaps rising to the Godhead itself. Would you dare climb to the top? Could it be that somewhere above all of endless reality, there exists a room?"

"You dare not."

He stared at the center, a mark of ink that represented so, much more before he added.

"One monster did. I am one of an order as put down by Arthur Eld. A warrior, who drew others to protect this tower. We were hunters, protectors...And then we were dust. The Monster destroyed the order and among them, friends and those I called kin, in bond if not blood. I have sought him for years...I seek him even now, in this world."

@Gands @Michale CS

"All right..." She shrugged, and floated herself a cup of coffee too.

"One monster did. I am one of an order as put down by Arthur Eld. A warrior, who drew others to protect this tower. We were hunters, protectors...And then we were dust. The Monster destroyed the order and among them, friends and those I called kin, in bond if not blood. I have sought him for years...I seek him even now, in this world."

"Huh... well. So, that's a lot like what I sort of do. Of course, my contract is with the Divine, to protect the world from evil outsiders. So... this monster is in the world now and you're looking for him? Of course I will help."

@Gands @Ringmaster

She took several happy sips of her hot coffee as she listened.

"I don't know how much I'll add, but it seems my father had some intent in my joining this expedition. So if the two of you don't mind, I'll come along. How do we track those things we now hunt down ? "

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
"Huh... well. So, that's a lot like what I sort of do. Of course, my contract is with the Divine, to protect the world from evil outsiders. So... this monster is in the world now and you're looking for him? Of course I will help."

She took several happy sips of her hot coffee as she listened.

"I don't know how much I'll add, but it seems my father had some intent in my joining this expedition. So if the two of you don't mind, I'll come along. How do we track those things we now hunt down ? "

That was a very good question and the Gunslinger paused before speaking gruffly.

"Geralt."

And from his bag, the Foo Dog statue stepped out, growing to the size of the Lions that guarded the Imperial Family in China. Stone guardians, with fixed snarls and piercing eyes like the beast before them. It stood with the patience of stone and the bearing of a predator, a wild card for the Gunslinger and his own style before 'Roland' continued.

"I sense his presence wherever I am. But Geralt here allows me to follow it, pinpoint it. Gift from an ally. Beyond that...He takes on the disfranchised. The hateful. The cruel and the desperate, all to follow his whims and his promises of power. Kill them as you find them, they're long gone by the time they lift hand against you."

He let out a sharp whistle, Geralt slowly folding up until he became a medallion. Lucifer crouched, picking it up as he placed it around his neck and spoke.

"Where do mystics gather in this city?"

@Gands @Michale CS

He let out a sharp whistle, Geralt slowly folding up until he became a medallion. Lucifer crouched, picking it up as he placed it around his neck and spoke.

"Where do mystics gather in this city?"

"Ano... I don't really know? I know there used to be a West Coast branch of the Avengers, and one of the guys on that team was someone named Doctor Druid, who's like nearly as good as Doctor Strange. I think he lived closer to Los Angeles, though. Maybe Nessa's contacts might know more?" Rin commented, looking at Nessa.

[[ @Gands feel free to embellish here. By this evening I'll have a new plot moving post, however. ]]

@Ringmaster

Nessa O'Toole aka Emerald dream

"Okay, folks, let's see what I can do!"

She fetches a laptop and her fingers fly across the keyboard.

"On the local Ethernet, it is noted that there is a nightclub called Lux that has a high frequency for local super naturals. "

"Might be a good place to start."

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

Meanwhile... at the Hall of Heroes, a museum on the outskirts of downtown National City...
Hall of Heroes 2.jpg

"So, this Superman, does he have a name?" The man with the disturbing smile and curly hair asked.

"Well I suppose he does sir, but he's not telling anyone. You act like you don't know about him." The lady docent replied, with a curious edge to her voice.

"I don't. Well, as far as my thesis paper is concerned. I've decided to tackle the topic of superhumans and their effect on society. I have to set all of my preconceived notions aside and pretend I know nothing, I think, for this to work. Could you pretend I'm..." he chuckled and waved at the full-size resin statue of the Man of Steel, "A strange visitor from another planet?"

"Oh! Of course, doctor."

"Not yet. Thesis, remember?"

"Yes, of course. What is it you'd like to know?" She asked.

They talked for a bit longer, Richard seeming very interested in all the details he could get.

Across the room there was a man who was watching the pair fairly intently, but his face showed little emotion.
hqdefault.jpg

"It seems you get a lot of attention. Must happen a lot." The Walking Man said to the docent, nodding in the black man's direction.

"Oh, he's here a lot. Nice guy. Probably lost in thought, it happens to him now and then."

"Ah. So I'm not the only Erudite here. He was looking at us like we were from Mars or something. Well, I'll just be on my way. Have a good night..." He paused to pointedly look at the woman's name tag. "...Judy."

"You too... mister..." she smiled and looked at him.

"Richard. Richard Faninn. You can call me Dick, but only if you're shortening my name, not calling me one."

Judy laughed and he gave a two-fingered salute to the black man, then pat Judy's shoulder once as he turned to leave the museum. She shivered once, oddly, at the touch.

The black man watched Richard leave the room, then departed out the other entrance. Once he got to his car, he got out his cell phone and placed an encrypted call.

"Alex? We have a situation. I sensed an immense... evil is the best way to explain it at the Hall of Heroes. A man. Get the camera footage from there and look for a man with curly hair down to his shoulders. He looked at me as if he were seeing me in my natural form. What's more, I tried looking into his mind, and I got nothing. Either there's nothing there for me to read, or his mental defenses are so strong even I can't penetrate them. Either way, this is trouble. Let our top operatives in on the intel, and share with our friends in the various SHIELD divisions relevant to this - WAND, ARMOR, Hell maybe even SWORD. I'm not going to follow him now, that'd tip him off all the more. We need to find out who this guy is." After hanging up, he started up the car and drove around town some before heading toward the DEO headquarters.

An hour later, the docent, Judy, who was seven weeks pregnant and not yet aware of the fact, had a miscarriage.

In a bar across town...

Richard Faninn was sipping on a beer in a dive bar, standing in front of the jukebox. He dropped in a dollar coin and chose a song.

@Ringmaster @Gands

Last edited:
He would meet them there then.

As soon as he heard the name, he turned and was gone out the door. Gunbelt and all. He had never really been one for idle waiting and while they didn't seem so inclined to elaborate together, it didn't matter so much. He had a trick or two up his sleeve as he replaced his hat and glanced at his bike. Hmph. Not nearly enough gas.

The old way then.

He reached down to the flowerbed by the condo, gripping a handful of dirt as he murmured quietly words of blessings as he let it drop slowly. If there was a genuine group of supernatural types, then they would be seeking out a place to hide. Which meant a location situated over the most comfortable locale possible.

A leyline nexus. His eyes narrowed, his examination of the dirt revealing strong power in these parts. Wyrd was powerful here, as it was in New York City and other places.

A touch of destiny.

Hand grasping his stone medallion, he vanished into shadow.

@Gands @Michale CS

Nessa has been working on her Laptop. She is investigating various local sites and reports. As she reads extremely fast bopping in and out of various windows.

"Here is something Rin, a bulletin coming from a Government agency, an alert at a museum. If I pull it up on to the screen, can you port us there ?"

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

• Useful
Reactions: Michale CS

Nessa has been working on her Laptop. She is investigating various local sites and reports. As she reads extremely fast bopping in and out of various windows.

"Here is something Rin, a bulletin coming from a Government agency, an alert at a museum. If I pull it up on to the screen, can you port us there ?"

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

She blinked a few times. "It is a lot harder if I haven't been there, but I've done it before...". After going through the process of looking over the footage and pulling up a satellite map of the area courtesy of the internet, Rin finally nodded.

"This is going to be more jarring than usual. Maybe I should go there first, come back and get you?"

@Gands @Ringmaster

The Freeplay Threads for Epic Mashup
are CLOSED

Look for the WEST COAST Epic Crossover Thread
To be crafted and posted as links in the Epic Crossover Clan

Link will appear here in an edit of this post as soon as the thread is up.

Assume a two day time-skip for all storylines currently running.
Those involved in particular storylines can opt to continue them or fade the interactions.

Thanks for your patience during this move back to our old home now that it's been renovated.

Cheers!
Michale