Lucifer looked over at her and was surprised that she had gone for a Cuba Libre. So few people wanted that combo. Believe it or not, a cosmopolitan was a popular drink between the woman here. He took a moment to teleport himself back to the bar, mixing the drink and bringing it back for her. He would have to give his bartender a call later.

Once he handed it over, he noticed that she smiled. It was so rare that someone was happy to see him. " Luke. That is a first and I don't mind it in the slightest. Beats being called Luci," he replied.

@Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
"Luci? You definitely don't look like a Luci. Even in the sky with diamonds." I smirked as I accepted the drink and sipped after making sure I squeezed the heck out of the lime slice. I liked the taste of the lime in the rum and Coke.

"Not a lot of people have given me a chance and accepted me so readily. It's got me a little off balance to be perfectly honest."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer let out a chuckle. He had gotten so used to the nickname that the joke felt just right. He watched as she sipped her drink and noticed how much lime she put in her rum and coke. He would have to note it for the future to be honest.

" To be entirely honest, I have gotten so used to the strange and different. Inhumans, mutants, aliens, other angels, we are all flawed and the same at the end of the day."

" To be entirely honest, I have gotten so used to the strange and different. Inhumans, mutants, aliens, other angels, we are all flawed and the same at the end of the day."

"Oh that's coo- wait a minute. Other angels? Uhh.. An angel named Lucifer?"
I felt all the blood rush out of my face. What the fuck have I done? Made a deal with the Devil?

"You're kidding, right?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer was about to answer her question when he notice the blood rush out of her face. He had gotten so used to that reaction that it felt second nature to not react to it at all.

"
Nope. It's fine, most of the things you have heard about me is an exaggeration."

@Michale CS

• Love
Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer was about to answer her question when he notice the blood rush out of her face. He had gotten so used to that reaction that it felt second nature to not react to it at all.

"
Nope. It's fine, most of the things you have heard about me is an exaggeration."

@Michale CS

I tried to recover my composure. With a nervous laugh I joke. "Well it's clear to me that you're a man of wealth and taste. But what's puzzling me is the nature of your game."

The reference to the song almost word for word, well... I was taking a chance that he knew it and that he wouldn't be offended by the joke. Lucifer seemed pretty laid back and casual.

Which is what worried me.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer watched as she regained her composure and quoted the Rolling Stones. It had been a while since anyone had quoted that particular band against it. At least a good 50 years.

"
Rolling stones, circa 1960s. It has been a long time since someone has quoted that against me. People tend to quote more modern music that deal with the Devil. Trust me, I don't play games."

Lucifer took another sip of his wine.

@Michale CS

"Actually Guns n' Roses covered it in the 80s which is the version I heard first." I don't know what got into me, but I broke down into a fit of giggles then. Something about the absurdity of talking with the Devil about songs about the Devil made the whole situation seem ludicrous.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer grumbled a little under his breath. "
Covers are never quite as good as the originals, well generally. .. unless of course, I happen to be the one covering them. I am a pretty good singer and piano player... been a while since I played for anyone though, honestly," he replied.

@Michale CS

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer grumbled a little under his breath. "
Covers are never quite as good as the originals, well generally. .. unless of course, I happen to be the one covering them. I am a pretty good singer and piano player... been a while since I played for anyone though, honestly," he replied.

@Michale CS

I pulled out my phone and cued up the cover on it. "I dunno, I really liked it."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer listened to the song as she played it. " Okay, it is a good cover. I will admit it," he said.

@Michale CS

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer listened to the song as she played it. " Okay, it is a good cover. I will admit it," he said.

@Michale CS
"Sooo. Okay. I'm gonna get going now, Luke. See you tomorrow?" Once I got the go ahead I'd bail.

Damn, I'm working for either the devil or a guy who thinks he is. Eh, not any different from working for anyone else. I shrugged. Still, this promised to be interesting.

@LuckycoolHawk9

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Lucifer Morningstar

" Sure, I will be seeing you tomorrow," he said, watching as she left, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

When the morning rolled around, Lucifer was the first one there, opening early for once. Well, early for him. His bartender, Steven Lasket was kind of already waiting for him.

@Michale CS

original.jpg
I rolled in at 11am cause I figured a bar didn't need to open much earlier than that. Decided on a plain black blouse with just a little of my modest cleavage showing, black capri pants and bright blue Mary Janes for shoes to match my hair.

I noticed that there were a couple people here already, Luke and a pretty hunky looking dude that I didn't recall seeing last night. "My bad, we didn't say what time before I bounced last night, Luke. You want me to work on getting some ideas written up for dishes based on your menu or something?"

I looked over at the guy I hadn't met and extended a hand. "Name's Tamara. Or T-Rae for short. My first day. New cook."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar and Steven Lasket

Lucifer looked over at her and he didn't get mad that she was late. Heck, most days he didn't open the place until noon, but today was a special day since he had gotten a new employee. Plus, it gave him more of an excuse to let co-workers to get to know each other.

He really did like to help people with desires and he looked over at her with a smile. " It's fine, we don't ever get many day customers and I often leave it closed until much later. But seeing as my good ol' bartender finally came back and I hired someone knew, figured it was a good time to open early," he said. " I am sure that you can talk to our mixologist. I have to go and check on something upstairs." He headed upstairs, leaving T-Rae and Steven alone.

"Steven Lasket, i'm the bartender/ mixologist here. My ... five hundred third day or so of working here," he said, running his hand through his hair. If he knew he was a hunk, he certainly didn't show it.

( New official appearance of Steve)

T6eA8wiqHZpH5yvHpQttC7Sdcl1ZxeFCaXH3pTkLVlews28pgwousqIhaSxdX0he8qmm8TP5CelggoJ0RB5hrTQ0xOq6tPRD8L9gM39G_CeyonJ_wiCq3QQ2EgZ1GToJS7pj-6dI

@Michale CS

" It's fine, we don't ever get many day customers and I often leave it closed until much later. But seeing as my good ol' bartender finally came back and I hired someone knew, figured it was a good time to open early," he said. " I am sure that you can talk to our mixologist. I have to go and check on something upstairs."

"All right, Luke." I waved at him as he headed upstairs.

"Steven Lasket, i'm the bartender/ mixologist here. My ... five hundred third day or so of working here," he said, running his hand through his hair. If he knew he was a hunk, he certainly didn't show it.

"Cool. There has to be more than one bartender here right? Cause that means you'd be working seven days a week and that means no social life, like dating?" I grinned and crossed my arms behind her back.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
Lucifer Morningstar and Steven Lasket"

Lucifer looked from upstairs to the bar below. He knew the one way mirror as a ceiling was a good thing to invest in.

"Well, we got another guy in the National City Lux, but we don't have a second official bartender. I can take three days off a week and Lucifer or his friend Maize front the bar for that night," he said, oblivious or at least pretending to be oblivious to her flirting.

@Michale CS

Lucifer Morningstar and Steven Lasket"

Lucifer looked from upstairs to the bar below. He knew the one way mirror as a ceiling was a good thing to invest in.

"Well, we got another guy in the National City Lux, but we don't have a second official bartender. I can take three days off a week and Lucifer or his friend Maize front the bar for that night," he said, oblivious or at least pretending to be oblivious to her flirting.

First off, I turned toward the mirror and gave a wink directly at Lucifer, mouthing - 'X-Ray Vision.'

Then I turned back to Steve. "Huh, then you have three bartenders, it's just that one of them happens to own the place. When's your next day off?" It wasn't that I was really interested in flirting with him, I just wanted to know how direct I had to be before he acknowledged that I was.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar and Steven Lasket

First off, I turned toward the mirror and gave a wink directly at Lucifer, mouthing - 'X-Ray Vision.'

Lucifer smirked and mouthed back to her an ' I know'. He wasn't stupid and knew she would know. Not so much yet with Steve.

Steven let loose a smile and looked over at her with a slight smirk. " Depends on whatever day you are off," he said, as smoothly as he could. If T-Rae knew other superheroes, it would strangely close to the flirting of another famous super hero. He was fine with being direct if she was going to be.

@Michale CS

Steven let loose a smile and looked over at her with a slight smirk. " Depends on whatever day you are off," he said, as smoothly as he could. If T-Rae knew other superheroes, it would strangely close to the flirting of another famous super hero. He was fine with being direct if she was going to be.

"Seniority, huh?" He seemed a little familiar somehow too, but I couldn't put my finger on it. "Luke didn't exactly give me a schedule. I'm sure we can work something out. I should..." I jerked my thumb over my shoulder. "...get to comparing the drink menu with my knowledge of dishes to get that pairing thing done. I can multitask though, if you still wanna talk until we get some actual customers."

I proceeded to go over to one of the tables, bringing out my tablet from my purse, so I could compare the drinks to typical dishes that would go with them. Of course I hoped he'd follow because, well, I don't do this often and any attention I could get from guys that wasn't a kneejerk reaction at my hair was good in my book.

@LuckycoolHawk9