Lucifer was quiet as the man left and handed the girl a card to contact him. He wasn't going to comment on it and instead looked over at her for a moment with a smile.

" I see. So, how well do you cook?" He asked, not believing her in the slightest. He was the Devil and he could catch a lie faster than most. But he also knew how to play along with the best of them. He smiled and waited for her answer.

"I'm actually pretty damned good at that." And this time, I wasn't lying. I just had a knack for it and my senses made it so I knew exact measurements by sound, and could smell things before they started to really burn and a lot of other neat shortcuts most cooks couldn't manage.

" Ahh, a person who slipped here. I understand, I actually know of another one, nice kid, golden eyes. Came from another world too. I personally know where most of the others of me are, the ones who aren't already a part of me... be it on purpose or by accident."
Lucifer heard his phone rung and ignored it for now.

I blinked and tried to put that together. Right. "So... it's like Sliders or something huh? People just... show up on this Earth? Huh. Well... my ID or whatever won't check out so I don't know how we're going to work pay unless it's under the table, but if you need a cook, I'm your girl."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Name: Molly Hayes/Bruiser/Princess Powerful
Tagging: @Gands, @LuckycoolHawk9

It almost sounds like Molly is the only one completely and utterly thrilled to be going on a mission. It is a new team for her, that ‘new start’ all the butt adults were talking about back at the Hostel. But then, that’s not something she would like to think about. Because that would mean the butt adults were right, and she was wrong.

And Molly isn’t wrong. Ever.

She practically skips as she moves alongside Lexi, she was the first picked after all. Like on a dodgeball team. It’s very important! And who WOULDN’T want to pick Molly first?

And as they enter the upper floors, as they get to the helicopter hangar, Molly is clearly blown away.YES!” she cries out as she runs ahead of them to the helicopter. She slows to a walk as she takes the whole of the craft in, speaking softly. As if afraid to offend it. “Well you’re not cute like Leapfrog… you’re more pretty, like Nico and Karolina…” the comparison makes perfect sense to her. She then jogs ahead once more, and she immediately hugs the nose of the helicopter, leaning on it as she speaks in a happy tone. “Hello Windflower Pink Mare! As soon’s I can I’ll get you even more prettied up!” She gives it one more hugging squeeze and then lets it go, smiling up to the helicopter. “I’m Molly, I hope we can be friends!”

With the rest of the team she climbs into the helicopter, taking a window seat. She starts to fumble with the seat belt as Lexi gives the marching orders. When she hears her name, she looks up to Lexi, and then she looks to Mike. Oh gosh she has to babysit him?! On a mission?! She seems to frown for a moment, and then she hops out of her seat. She scampers through the relatively closed space, and she now sits next to Mike. She smiles up to him as she once more fumbles with the seatbelt. “We can handle it, Lexi!” She finally gets her seatbelt fastened correctly, and she makes sure Mike has his right too.

“OH” she exclaims suddenly. She raises her hand, as if trying to get the teacher’s attention in class. “Can we use our old battlecry!? It’s a goodun! Can I yell it when we’re beatin up people?!”

She of course ignores the floorplans for the nightclub, perhaps unaware of their importance. On every other mission she ever went on with her team, she never had to pay attention to such things. That’s what everyone else was for! She was just there to make the bad guys scared and kick their butts!

Last edited:
Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer smiled, happy that what he had heard was the truth and that made him happier than he cared to admit. He was quite done with people lying and was happy that the girl was telling him the truth. He paused and looked over at his phone. It was nothing that seemed too important to him.

" Yes, it is exactly like sliders. People are sliding between realities into this one. Actually, it is more complicated than that. I would be more than willing to pay you under the table. I could also hook you up with an ID. I have a few connections around here that might be helpful to that," he replied.

@Michale CS

Mon-el and Winn Schott

Winn looked over at Mike and hoped that he was looking at the plans. It was important that he knew what he needed to do. Sadly, it looked like neither of them were paying attention, Mon-El being distracted by a phone game. Winn sighed. This was going to be one interesting night.

After a few minutes of the game, Mon-El has fallen asleep.

"
Well, this is going to be interesting." Winn didn't want to point that he was being sarcastic. It was very obvious by his tone. He guessed that it wasn't like things could get worse.

@Gands @Camleen

" Yes, it is exactly like sliders. People are sliding between realities into this one. Actually, it is more complicated than that. I would be more than willing to pay you under the table. I could also hook you up with an ID. I have a few connections around here that might be helpful to that," he replied.

"It seems like you have yourself a new cook." I stuck out my hand toward the guy and smiled, especially when he said that he could hook me up with a legit ID. "Thanks a lot. You won't regret this."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer smiled at the girl and nodded. He was fine with her being his cook and he took her hand and shook it. " I rarely regret anything I do. I am a firm believer that everybody deserves the chance to prove themselves, no matter how irksome or wrong they are."

@Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer smiled at the girl and nodded. He was fine with her being his cook and he took her hand and shook it. " I rarely regret anything I do. I am a firm believer that everybody deserves the chance to prove themselves, no matter how irksome or wrong they are."

@Michale CS

Huh. Sounds like he has some baggage, I thought. "Great! Now all I have to do is find a place to stay that's not a hotel and I'm all set! I can start tomorrow if that's OK with you?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer looked over at her and smiled. " I actually have a friend who could hook you with a house, he owes me a favor." He was being honest as he had let a demon or two slide and the ones he did let escape all worked in real estate.

@Michale CS

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer looked over at her and smiled. " I actually have a friend who could hook you with a house, he owes me a favor." He was being honest as he had let a demon or two slide and the ones he did let escape all worked in real estate.

@Michale CS

T-Rae

"Really? That's awesome. We'll seal the deets tomorrow when I come in. Meanwhile, can I take a peek at the kitchen and maybe cook a little something up for us? You know, just to show you that you can take me at my word..." I was amazed, but also pretty hungry.

@LuckycoolHawk9

T-Rae

"Really? That's awesome. We'll seal the deets tomorrow when I come in. Meanwhile, can I take a peek at the kitchen and maybe cook a little something up for us? You know, just to show you that you can take me at my word..." I was amazed, but also pretty hungry.

Lucifer Morningstar

" I would be fine with tomorrow. The kitchen is all yours. It doesn't get used too often,"
he said, gesturing for her to follow him. After a series of doors, they would finally arrive at the kitchen. It was really far from the rest of the Lux, almost as if it was an afterthought by the man.

@Michale CS

" I would be fine with tomorrow. The kitchen is all yours. It doesn't get used too often," he said, gesturing for her to follow him. After a series of doors, they would finally arrive at the kitchen. It was really far from the rest of the Lux, almost as if it was an afterthought by the man

It seemed a nutty place to keep the kitchen and I commented on that. "Looks like you want your waiters to get their cardio in, with as far back as you set the kitchen."

Anyway, once we were back there I looked around. It seemed hardly used, and that was kinda suspicious. I managed to put together the makings of Shepherd's Pie between the burger patties, potato wedges (which I mashed) some spices and a random lonely can of mixed veggies. "Do you mainly serve bar food here? Would you be willing to expand it?"

I don't know what got into me but having this kitchen as my personal area really made me feel... Like I belonged for the first time since arriving on this version of Earth.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer

Lucifer looked over at her and wondered if she was going to comment on it. " It would be if I had waiters who came back up here," he said, looking over at her. Now that was strange.

Lucifer looked over at her and noted that he didn't exactly make the kitchen seem used. He rarely ate food though for fun and most of his patrons weren't exactly looking for food. He looked over at her and he paused. " I wouldn't mind expanding the menu. I do mostly serve some alcoholic beverages and light food. Nothing too heavy to be quite honest."

Lucifer had a glass of wine in his hand and sipped it while waiting for her to get accustomed. It was certainly not there before. Perhaps the man had some form of teleportation.

@Michale CS

"How about this? I'll put together a few menu items and pair them with specific beers or wines so you can push them together? Like this Shepherd's Pie I'm working on could be paired with Guinness? Maybe even give them a buck or two off if they order them together?"
I don't know what had come over me - I'd never been what you'd call entrepreneurial. But there it was. Plus this guy was definitely meta. I felt the air pop out of the way when he brought his drink to him.

"Nice trick, that Accio Alcohol charm of yours." I nodded at his drink.

"I'm an Inhuman. Powers include having senses good enough to sense someone in the room by the air they displace by breathing. So I know you yoinked that drink to you from somewhere. S'cool. Makes me feel more solid about working for you."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar

That actually makes a lot of sense from a business standpoint. A lot of my clients complain there is nothing that went with their drinks and I am sure that giving them a little off they would want to come back for more. I am surprised that I hadn''t come across my mind until you pointed it out."

Lucifer had not taken the woman for being a woman who understand and had great ideas. He wasn't about to deny her anything and he wondered if she was a powered individual who could do things for him.

"
It is something that had become second nature to me," he replied, taking a sip of the drink.

"
I have heard about inhumans. I have to say that you are the first I met. I have heard about an electric doctor, but never met up. I am not exactly meta or inhuman. To be entirely honest, I am a fallen angel. I doubt that you are going to believe it., but it is the truth."

@Michale CS

" I have heard about inhumans. I have to say that you are the first I met. I have heard about an electric doctor, but never met up. I am not exactly meta or inhuman. To be entirely honest, I am a fallen angel. I doubt that you are going to believe it., but it is the truth."

"I'm a woman who came from another world, can see through nearly anything and shoot invisible lasers from my eyes. I'm not in the position to doubt your story, boss."

I rattled off with a chuckle and a shrug. It wasn't long before the Shepherd's pie was ready and I presented it to him for evaluation.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar

"
Yeah, there is a lot of people who do anyway. Also, I would prefer if you call me Lucifer, it doesn't bother me like others to use formalities. I am very against those stupid social structures."

Lucifer took a look at the Shepherd's pie and it took him a moment to realize that she wanted him to taste it. He nodded, and took a slice to evaluate.

@Michale CS

" Yeah, there is a lot of people who do anyway. Also, I would prefer if you call me Lucifer, it doesn't bother me like others to use formalities. I am very against those stupid social structures."

Lucifer took a look at the Shepherd's pie and it took him a moment to realize that she wanted him to taste it. He nodded, and took a slice to evaluate.

"Lucifer? With a name like that you should run for office!" I teased, and wondered how he liked the pie. Pie was really a loose phrase when it came to Shepherd's pie though... hopefully he knew there was no actual crust and the mashed potatoes were the top crust as it were.

shepherds-pie.jpg

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer Morningstar

" I have thought about it, but I prefer to not deal with politics. And they say I am bad," he replied, saying the last bit under his breath. He looked at the pie and was happy that he had sliced it properly. Once he took the piece, he took a bite of it. He took a good two minutes to chew it and swallow it before he gave his verdict. " I like it a lot."

@Michale CS

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS
Lucifer Morningstar

" I have thought about it, but I prefer to not deal with politics. And they say I am bad," he replied, saying the last bit under his breath. He looked at the pie and was happy that he had sliced it properly. Once he took the piece, he took a bite of it. He took a good two minutes to chew it and swallow it before he gave his verdict. " I like it a lot."

@Michale CS

Tamara Rae "T-Rae" Holstead:

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding at his response. "Cool. Anyway...um... I actually originally came in here to grab a drink and maybe some dinner so... think I could do that before I bounce and come back here tomorrow for work and whatnot?"

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer looked over at her and he was quiet for a moment. "
What kind of drink would you like? I could probably teleport one from the bar and I think the pie you made could also work as your dinner. Yeah, after you eat, you can come back later. I really don't mind."

@Michale CS

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer looked over at her and he was quiet for a moment. " What kind of drink would you like? I could probably teleport one from the bar and I think the pie you made could also work as your dinner. Yeah, after you eat, you can come back later. I really don't mind."

@Michale CS

I blinked. "Uh..." I really hadn't thought this out, so I made a quick choice. "A Cuba Libre?" Rum and Coke with a twist of lime, sounded a lot fancier than it was but was also a bit more of an obscure choice - I dunno maybe it made me seem more cosmopolitan? Isn't that an old lady drink, a cosmo? Nevermind.

Once I'd settled down with the drink - assuming he'd brought it, I gave him a smile. "Thanks for giving me a chance, Luke." Luke? That's next level casual T-Rae... Ugh, don't mess this up.

@LuckycoolHawk9