G

Gands

Original poster
upload_2017-5-4_22-41-46.png

Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after

upload_2017-5-4_22-53-46.png

Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

upload_2017-5-4_22-55-40.png

" The Question "

This thread is part of the Epic Mashup clan, please go there and see how to get started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

"Thanks Molly. S . (( He gently tosses her a small communicator))

With that, Corvus pushes open the door he had rigged. Checking out the inside and seeing no one yet, he held the door open for Lincoln.

"Go left at the end of the hallway, first door on the right. "

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ms.Ezra

KarolinaBanner002.jpg

A wide smile is on her lips as she now watches the others, as they start to get under way. She gives Sparkplug a thumbs-up. "Give 'em heck, buddy." She can see that he's a little out of sorts, like his head isn't totally in the game. If he's having doubts… well she doesn't see why that would be. If anyone should be having doubts it's her. She's fairly sure she's the most inexperienced of the group. Even if she's seen a lot in her time, she would guess that these folks have seen way more.

Karolina turns a little as Mollies descend the fire escape, arching her head up a little to see them for as long as possible. Her gaze then moves towards the boys as they breach the door and head inwards. Okay Corvus said she's the reserve spot. So… uh… she stays put? She thinks that's right. And she scoops up anybody that comes out this door. She'll stay in her human form for now… she has no clue how much energy she's going to have to use up, so she'll save as much as possible.

She leans against the doorway… already bored. But she was given this task, and she's going to do it. Her arms cross over her midsection for a few moments. And then she stands again off of the doorframe. And then she goes back to leaning on it. All in the span of about a minute. Yes she gets antsy. She keeps her blue eyes on the interior passed the doorway, watching for any badguys… lunatics… that might come her way. Karolina absently twirls a few strands of her hair as she keeps guard… and she saw Corvus toss one of the Mollies a comms-unit… so without thinking she activates hers. "Hey Molly Prime… does that mean you're the leader of your lil group? Are you girls like… wonder twins or robots or holograms or something? Cause ya look like real real same like." Not thinking that it's probably wholly inappropriate to be talking about such things in the middle of a situation. Or talking at all. Karolina and radio silence apparently haven't met.

Tagging: @Gands, @LuckycoolHawk9, @Michale CS, @Ms.Ezra

r0yRrtX.jpg

"Hey Molly Prime… does that mean you're the leader of your lil group? Are you girls like… wonder twins or robots or holograms or something? Cause ya look like real real same like."

"Short and sweet of it, Gorgeous, is they're clones and I'm their maker. So yeah I'm the leader. We'll get to know each other better later." Molly Prime whispered into the comm as she pressed back onto a wall, listening to the pair of men around the corner call for the men who should be guarding the perimeter. She waited for them to come nearby, then dispatched them quietly with a few quick but hard strikes. On the other side of the building, Molly Three came across an inmate that had been knocked out by someone else before, but was coming to. She put him in a head lock and kept him quiet until he fell unconscious again. The others didn't encounter any action, but prowled vigilantly.

@Gands @Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9

Over the PA system, a lilting British voice is heard.
"Those who want to go there probably should. Those who are here want to leave but probably shouldn't. Where am I? Why an asylum of course! I was expecting the Bat or one of his little pups. I'm almost insulted." Nygma rambled.

All of the televisions and monitors across the asylum flickered on to show the Riddler in full regalia and a red headed man in a white suit and psychedelic tie.

"This is my friend, Arcade. We were talking about one of his previous projects. What was that called again?"

"Murder world, Riddler." He replied with a wide smile on his face.

"Murder world. Has a very direct feel to it. Welcome to Murder world. I'll let you deliver the Riddle, partner..." Nygma gestured to Arcade.

"You must go to it but you cannot come from it, and if you avoid it long enough you will die. What am I?"

The monitors switched to a room full of Arkham employees, tied to chairs.

"Find the answer or these people die. Ten minutes. Tick-tock!"
A timer appeared at the bottom of the screens and began counting down.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Camleen @Ms.Ezra

Last edited:
Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus.

Grady stopped, leaning against a wall while he listened. He didn't speak to Riddler yet.
Into the scrambled communicator he spoke.

"Can everyone hear the Riddler over the P. A. ? Anyone have anything on this Riddle of his ?"

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ms.Ezra @Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln had pulled a notepad out of his hoodie and a pencil before jotting down the riddle down along with the words Find the answer.

" I heard it fine, I want to see something first," he said, scanning the room to see if there was anything that could be clock-related or would make sense as the answer. He also jotted down a few stray notes about the set-up and was silent, thinking over the riddle. " Do you have any ideas Corvus?" He asked.

@Gands @Camleen @Ms.Ezra @Michale CS

KarolinaBanner002.jpg

Karolina's brow perks up with Molly's words, about getting to know each other better later. "Well that sounds like a promise if I ever heard one." She says, a wide smile on her lips as she leans on the doorframe, her arms once more crossed over her midsection. The guys didn't say anything at all, and Molly sounded like she was preoccupied. So she won't bother them again over the comms. She really should be paying attention, in case a maniac comes down that hallway.

And it's about that time she sees a maniac coming down that hallway.

Kar's eyes widen as she pushes off the doorframe, the man seeing her at the same time she sees him. He's dressed like an inmate, so there's no having to think about it. He lets out a snarl and charges towards her, and she gasps as she takes a step back. The area of the rooftop her little doorway is near is suddenly lit up like high noon, her body shifting to its natural Majesdian form. The convict grunts and covers his eyes as he stumbles, and Karolina grits her teeth as she shoves her hands towards him. Tendrils of shimmering solid light fly from her fingertips as she curves her arm, effectively giving the man a hard-right hook from the distance. His head snaps to one side and he stumbles right into the wall, sliding down it slowly as he loses unconsciousness. Karolina winces as her form reverts back to human, and she kind of jogs towards him as she speaks softly. "Oh wow I'm sorry, man. You scared me. You're bleeding a little…" She kneels down next to him, laying him on his back.

That voice comes suddenly over the public announcement system, and Karolina jumps in surprise. "Ah!" She exclaims softly as she pushes herself to her feet. Her blue eyes move towards a television monitor mounted just above her doorway as it starts to flicker to life. For a moment, she starts to glow once more, just out of surprise. Again. She takes a few steps towards the monitor as she stares up at it, a worried expression crossing over her features. "Arcade and Riddler? Really? What kinda names are those… Goodness lookit how they're dressed… that's just horrid… so tacky…" Her hands rest on her hips now as Arcade recites the riddle, and she wonders what the point of all of this is. Did some of the lunatics find the control room and now they're playing around? So what if they don't play alo--- oooooooh they have captives. Now it makes sense. "Uh oh" she says softly, seeing the room of hostages… and then the timer.

She hears Corvus' voice, and she turns towards the interior of the Asylum, and she starts to run. "I seen it, G—Corvus." She runs at full speed down that hall, turning the corner in almost a slide. Lincoln speaks up, and she shakes her head. "I'm just the dumb blonde of the group, guys. Me no smart like yee boys." She says in an exaggerated tone. She was actually told that once. That she was just a hot girl, but a dumb blond. And that really hurt her feelings, so it stuck with her. And as she runs, 2 inmates spot her coming towards them. They are in her way, so she has to get through them. And that's exactly what she's going to do. Her body leans forward and she runs a little faster as her skin seems to fade into twinkling light, now glowing brightly. She pushes off the ground and is airborne, rocketing down the corridor. She whips her hands forward, what seems like shimmering liquid light overtaking the 2 inmates and knocking them right to the ground hard. Karolina easily flies over them, proceeding deeper into the Asylum. She doesn't know if this is a good idea… but she has to do something.

"You guys figure out their stupid riddle or whatever. I'm gonna find those captives. And maybe those tacky creeps too." Karolina mutters the next part. "Take 'em shopping for some slightly less horrendous clothes."

She has a sense of which direction north is (she always does, part of her Majesdian genetics is a sense of magnetic poles), so she has an idea as to her orientation in the impossibly large maze like Asylum. She won't get lost easily, and she can cover a lot of ground very quickly. She rockets through the corridors, zooming in and out of rooms looking for the prisoners. In her wake, a slowly dissipating trail of shimmering and shifting light.To anyone that spots her, all they would make out is a shimmering light flying very quickly. The upper limits of her flight speed, after all, has never really been measured. So most that see her only see a shining blur. And by the time they see her, she is already gone. To fast for them to really react.

r0yRrtX.jpg

The Squad stopped what they were doing as Molly Prime happened to see and hear the message on a TV through a first floor window. Molly Prime said over the comms. "I'm going to put my other brains on it. Standby." She had the other Mollys stop whatever they were doing, or finish their current beatdown, to stop and concentrate on the riddle presented.

"You must go to it..."Molly Prime said aloud and furrowed her brow.

"But you cannot come from it." said Molly Two sitting on the hood of a Arkham truck.

"And if you avoid it long enough, you will die." Molly Three finished the riddle and rubbed her chin thinking.

"Sleep?" Molly Four suggested as she sat on the back of an unconcious inmate.

"Fits." Molly Three concurred.

"Except you can be brought out from sleep, so technically you can come from it." countered Molly Two.

"Well it's either Sleep or Death, the most cliche answer to a riddle ever." Molly Prime said and sighed as she went back on the comm. "Corvus. Far as we can figure it's either Sleep or Death. Let's hope the nerds give us more than one guess."

@Camleen @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS

scanning the room to see if there was anything that could be clock-related or would make sense as the answer. H

There was a clock on the wall but it didn't seem to fit the riddle.

shimmering light flying very quickly. The upper limits of her flight speed, after all, has never really been measured. So most that see her only see a shining blur. And by the time they see her, she is already gone. To fast for them to really react.

There were several areas that Carolina 'bounced' out of. Certain restricted areas temporarily sapped her powers and she had to walk until she left the area.

Other areas seemed to repel the light that was her form. It made sense since criminals like Livewire who could turn into electricity were inmates here.

And of course it was one of these high security areas that probably had the hostages in it. But at least it was narrowed down.

"Well it's either Sleep or Death, the most cliche answer to a riddle ever." Molly Prime said and sighed as she went back on the comm. "Corvus. Far as we can figure it's either Sleep or Death. Let's hope the nerds give us more than one guess."

"Is that your final answer?" Came over the PA. "And which is it, sleep or death?"

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Ms.Ezra

Grady listens to the communicator and lets out a heavy sigh. He looks over Sparkplug's shoulder and shakes his head. He hears the Amazon squad with their ideas and decides.

" Alright Riddler, I'll go with Sleep"

He tenses ready to block any attack that might target Lincoln.

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen @Ms.Ezra

KarolinaBanner002.jpg

She really should have realized this wouldn't be easy. 'You guys solve the riddle, I'll get the hostages' she said. 'Easy', she said. Easy… it's never easy. She should have thought this through. From what she's heard about this awful place, it's meant to house Gotham's worst. And many of them have powers. So it's natural to conclude that some areas would be less than compatible with her powers.

And the first room she flies into that saps her powers… doesn't go to well for her.

She veers left to right down corridors, as she takes corners she kicks off the opposite wall to help her make the turn. Kind of like you would kick off a wall while swimming, except not as vital. Just a means to help her make the quick turn. She heads through the doorway of what looks like (to her) a security checkpoint. And in midair she suddenly transforms back to her human form. She gasps and looks down at herself, raising her hands up in front of her. "Ah shi—" her words are cut off as she slams into a security console with a loud cracking sound, flipping right over it and landing on her back behind it. She groans loudly, almost a whining sound as she reaches up to grab the top of the security console and pull herself up. She looks up at the doorway she came in, it emblazoned with warnings of 'caution' and 'energy dampening zone'. Karolina rolls her eyes at herself as she pushes to her feet fully, looking down the rest of the corridor. Cells on either side. Must be powered lunatics in there. Her blue eyes look back towards the doorway, and then she looks down at her hands. For a moment she focuses, and her hands start to glimmer with that familiar glow. And then the whole of her form follows. "Well that was just awful." She mutters to herself. The checkpoint itself must be what shuts her down, but everything else seems fine. But she's going to have to be more careful. She stretches her arms over her head, groaning softly with the sudden pain in her lower back. Yeah she hit that console pretty hard.

But she looks towards the more interior corridor, and she is once more on the move. She pushes off the ground and moves down the corridor rapidly, the corridor being lit as she races down it. But she slows down as she approaches what looks like another security checkpoint, and she lands going into a sprint. Her form reverts to human once more as she runs, looking around herself as she does. She tries to transform in the room… but no go. It feels like something tries to grab ahold of her energy the moment it starts to manifest. So yeah she's running for now. She hasn't seen any lunatics down here… maybe they aren't interested in this area of the asylum… or maybe they were wanted to stay away? If Quandryman and Nickelodeon are holding the hostages here, maybe they warned the lunatics to keep away. It's a reasonable assumption. She doesn't know if it's actually right, but it's reasonable.

She continues in a jog now, moving room to room. She feels like she's passed the secured area, and these aren't cells here. It's almost like an office/meeting area kind of thing. Maybe a control area kind of thing. But she can feel her energy no longer being drained, but she stays in human form for now as she explores, as she looks for those hostages.

Tagging: @Gands, @Michale CS, @LuckycoolHawk9, @Ms.Ezra

Invader Nara

"Mistress, You need to wake up." A voice resonated within the Irken's head. Eyes opening and blinking several times the Irken felt her body begin to return to her. Feeling in her head began to spread throughout her body before she felt her hand contract and open once more. Lifting her head she sat up as a massive Object began to come into view. "Bring active camo online." Nara said still waking from her slumber.

The robot didn't move "Active camo has already been activated. Information gathering has begun. Searching for Irken communication devices......." The robot began to say its eyes staring at the planet as the Zhook cruiser continued to approach the planet. Staring at the giant orb Nara adjusted herself for planetary descent. "No signals can be found." The SIR unit said when it finished scanning. "Warning, Information gathered is as follows. Danger rating of species has increased. Detection of other alien life forms confirmed. Scanning localized satellites...." The SIR unit continued its task.

Exhaling Nara began to pull up on the Zhook cruiser as she took the small ship into her own hands. "Warning, descent has begun to increase. Adjust rate of descent. Probability to success is dropping-" Nara looked over "Don't tell me the odds." she responded to her SIR unit. Speeding down at an entry angle no fire in the sky could be seen as the machine sliced through the air like a bullet. Adjusting its trajectory move the Invader compensated for the gravitational pull and sudden wind speed.

Staring out the tinted window of the ship the SIR Unit continued to gather initial information. "Landing site confirmed. Scanning local area for optimal base deployment." Nara followed the tracking information being relayed from Bazzle. Ship spinning and slipping near silently between two buildings within Gotham's east end the ship touched down. Cloaking systems remaining active as the ship began to shift. Two legs deployed at the front of the ship causing it to lift and its exit hatch to appear.

Exiting the ship Nara immediately moved towards the back of the ship. Extending down from the side of the ship she began to parse through the settings for the deployment of her base. After a few seconds a small drill shot into the ground before beginning to bore into the ground. Ground shaking for only a few seconds the uppermost part of the house formed lifting the Zhook cruiser up and covering it, Nara and Bazzle as it lifted them up and into what is the attic.

"Disguises... Computer!" Nara yelled into the attic. "Yes Mistress!" The computer said back into the room. "Observe the local broadcasts and process a optimal disguise." Nara commanded. "As you wish Mistress!" The computer responded. Bazzle exited the craft before making its way up to Nara. "Local radio signals are odd. I will begin studying them." Bazzle said as Nara stared out of the window at the top of her 'house'. "No need, the computer will take care of this. Stay on alert, I do not feel we have been detected.. but we can never be to sure." Nara said turning and walking from the attic window.​

Last edited:
Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln looked over at Grady and prepared his own electric ball in case something attacked the man who seemed to want to protect him from whatever was going to come.

He jotted down the time of the clock in his notepad and waited to see if the answer was right.

@Gands @Michale CS @Camleen @Ms.Ezra

3002719-mask_of_the_red_panda_0101.jpg

Now we present the continuing adventures of Canada's greatest superhero, that Scourge of the underworld, hunter of those who prey upon the innocent, that marvelous masked mystery man known only as THE RED PANDA!!!

Returning once again to the United States in his Tyler Fenwick, grandson of the original Red Panda enters Gotham for his appointment at Wayne Enterprises.

"Allright, Niles. That will do for the evening... no, no: the money I paid you for three days is just that. You keep it all as if you were driving the whole time. I just want you to be available any time I call on you. Seems these things never go well. The last time I tried something like this, I got shot at. Now, off with you you little scamp and give my regards to the family. We'll start out early with a trip to the local florist and then on to Wayne Enterprises. "

Tyler waved the driver away. Of course the driver was apprehensive leaving the rich Canadian science engineering entrepenuer alone in Gotham: it wasn't safe, not at all. Despite the ridiculous amount of security around the airport hotels.

He had to wonder about the salary of such people, given the low life expectancy, Gotham wasn't a friendly environment.

Unless you happen to be a fan of a very strange niche of celebrity: the American Batman who perfected the craft the Red Panda and others had started. He didn't expect the meet the Batman or any of the group related to him, no, he would be lucky if Tyler Fenwick ever actually got an audience with Bruce Wayne. That was good enough: Tyler's business of making the world safer for normal people was an important one and intellectually stimulating in this place where the real dangers lay in the creativity of the villains rather than their power levels.

Still, this trip was meant to be part pleasure and for him the rooftop world of Batman seemed to be the only thing worth seeing.

Quickly, Tyler changed in his clothes and headed out the window and using the Panda-trademark static cling shoes walked along the side in the cover of darkness. Up. Up to the place where he would see it.

It wasn't long until the Red Panda was travelling on the rooftops of Gotham

Grady listens to the communicator and lets out a heavy sigh. He looks over Sparkplug's shoulder and shakes his head. He hears the Amazon squad with their ideas and decides.

" Alright Riddler, I'll go with Sleep"

He tenses ready to block any attack that might target Lincoln.

A tense pause followed by the PA popping on again. "Congratulations! Now here's your next Riddle. You see, if you find what you need to find, these lovely employees will just sleep, and not die. Isn't that wonderful?"

"I'm always thrown but rarely caught. I'm used as punishment for children who need to be taught. I've many meanings but am easy to define, a catalyst for change be it condition or paradigm."

She continues in a jog now, moving room to room. She feels like she's passed the secured area, and these aren't cells here. It's almost like an office/meeting area kind of thing. Maybe a control area kind of thing. But she can feel her energy no longer being drained, but she stays in human form for now as she explores, as she looks for those hostages.

She narrowed it down to three possible locations, and when you referenced the video feed it was very likely the one area that she could not even enter, since it was locked down and the doors to the area were insulated against energy, with the universal sign for radioactivity on the doors and a warning to wear Rad Suits before entering the area.

Suddenly over all of their comms at once, a perky woman's voice with a New England accent chimed in. "Ladies and Gentlemen. I find myself in the awkward situation of actually needing you hero types to help me out. Ya see, Mister Nygma and his side show sidekick are using yours truly as a battery for their little death trap show. Normally I wouldn't mind fueling a little mayhem but the way they got me wired in here, I just might overload. So, I might die, which I don't want. Aaand I'll explode, which I think none of you want. Because a lot more people might die. That little side show freak thinks he has me all figured out, but I hacked into your communications when he sent out his little riddle. He's not listening to me, and well... the more you up the ante with these guys, the better the chance is that I'll go boom - so miss firework you better not try to sidetrack their little game or you might find out how resistant you are to the whole power grid of Arkham exploding out from this joint. Well, I can't do this again for awhile or he'll figure out I've got you hacked and cut this off too. Have fun heroes! Oh, and I totally want out of this place if I survive. I helped the good guys. You owe me that."

latest

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9@Camleen @Ms.Ezra

Last edited:
Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln tapped his pen against the paper before writing time and scratching it off. It didn't make any sense. He was coming to the slow realization that he hated riddles, like a lot. He bit down on his tongue and wrote the word sarcasm and scratched it off again.

He listened to the English woman and was silent, not responding, before writing something else down. "Got any ideas this time?"

@Gands @Camleen @Ms.Ezra

Present Time

Invader Nara

Disguises in place Nara had made her way far from her base of operations and out into the city of Gotham's east end. Bazzle, disguised followed behind her occasionally moving ahead of Nara in a defensive state. Traveling around the streets some shops looked deserted but one in particular got her attention. A large record with a prism shining light through it. Walking across the street quickly she pushed the door open and was instantly hit by the smell of inscense.

Coughing several times Nara almost panicked before the scent leveled out and she was able to breath without gagging. "What is that smell?" The Irken asked directly. A man in a wheelie chair came up to the counter and pointed to an ornate holder "Spice. Not the Spice in star wars either. Smells nice doesn't it?" The man asked oblivious to the look on Nara's face. Music was playing and after a few seconds the Invader narrowed her eyes.

Alice In Chains had been playing for the last two minutes and the question could no longer be supressed. "Who is this man and why is he in a box?" Nara asked confused and thinking it of importance. The man scatched his head and leaned back in his chair "The man is everyone, we are all in some kind of box. When you think about it." The man responded crypticly. Nara stared at the man "What of this black hole? A Sun can not be a black hole at the same time. It also isn't good to let it come. That would be incredibly inconvenient.".

"Yeah, well I dont think they had an astronomy degree. The black hole sun was a great hit." The man said with a nod. "Where did it hit? They are capable of this?" Nara prodded for information. "Oh yeah, it was a smash hit. Topped alot and it has a good cult following as well." Nara soaked up this information and looked around. The place was filled with black disks but, Nara had already discovered alot. Turning and suddenly walking out the man shook his head "Rad Girl." He mumbled out before kicking off the front counter and returning to the back of the store.​

Nara soaked up this information and looked around. The place was filled with black disks but, Nara had already discovered alot.

scraps.jpg
"This one looks confused oh yes she does. Does she need help? Does she?" The strange woman approached Nara as she departed the record store, almost dancing around her. "I think she does, I think she needs Scraps' help. She can tell you a lot of things. Scraps knows that you are not from this world. So many worlds has Scraps seen, many, many, many. So she can help you, yes she can. Does she want it? Does she?"

@Angelic Fusion

r0yRrtX.jpg

"Ugh, of course it wouldn't be just one." Molly and her squad convened once more, this time coming to a conclusion faster.

"Hah! We got it!" Molly went on the comm. "Corvus. The answer is a switch!"

@Gands

Invader Nara

"Your voice indicates possible split personalities. What information could you possibly provide?" Nara responsed as Bazzle took a seat infront fo her. The disguised Sir unit passively scanned the individual before relaying the information to Nara's Pak. "Hm... You are wrong. This is my home. You must have me confused with some other.... creature?" Nara spoke to the woman. "You on the other hand appear different from the others of this planet. Not just in appearence but, I detect multiple seperate genetic samples.... an interesting subject.." Nara trailed off.

Oh how the Irken Scientist in her wanted to tear into that speciment. Holding her self back only a cheshire grin gave any sort of indication of how the woman felt. "If you coming bareing information, make it known." Nara said as the black cat made its way around her.
@Michale CS