G

Gands

Original poster
upload_2017-5-4_22-41-46.png

Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after

upload_2017-5-4_22-53-46.png

Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

upload_2017-5-4_22-55-40.png

" The Question "

This thread is part of the Epic Mashup clan, please go there and see how to get started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln looked over at the pizza and picked up a pepperoni pizza and wondered what they had to drink. He was curious about the emergency fund, but he felt it was rude to ask him. He bit on his lower lip and smiled. " Thank you for the food and drink. That actually makes sense to me. I hope that we don't ever have to use it, but it is better to be safe than sorry," he admitted, while looking to see if Karolina had anything to add.

@Camleen @Gands

Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

Grady smiles at them both.

" I hope Pepperoni is alright Lincoln. I made the Salad myself by the way "

In the Fridge there are 4 or 5 bottled beers, a two liter of Pepsi, Milk, Cranberry grape juice and cold water.

The kitchen is well kept up and the appliances modern, but the style of the room is very 80's, mostly in a good way... mostly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Karolina Dean/Lucy In The Sky/L.S.D.
Tagging: @Gands, @LuckycoolHawk9

With Grady's insistence, she makes her way towards the table, chewing on her piece of pizza still. She finally puts the slice on one of the plates, looking between them as the emergency fund is explained. Lincoln's look to her tells her that she should say something also. "I mean I kinda feel like you can't go wrong with havin too much money hangin around. Ya know, just in case and all." She says as she shrugs her slim shoulders.

She is only sitting for maybe a minute before she pushes herself to her feet once more, moving in the general direction of the fridge. She glances at them both as she moves, kind of brushing her hands together. Karolina plucks 3 glasses from the cupboard, setting them on the counter. She seems to be thinking to herself for a moment as she reaches into the fridge and gets the Pepsi and the water. "So Grady…" she starts as she plucks a few ice cubes into 2 of the glasses. She carefully pours Pepsi into one of the glasses, and she carefully walks it over to Lincoln, setting it on the table to his right. As she walks back to the glasses. "Oh, and what did you want to drink too, Grady? But that's not what I was gonna ask." She says with a soft laugh, a wide smile on her lips. She fills another glass with water as she speaks, her tone light. "I was googling Gotham. There's like… all kindsa crimefighting people here. I mean that's what the nets told me. Is that Batman guy a real guy? I saw news reports about him, and a buncha others that're supposed to be with him. Do you know him? You one of his gang?" Her eyes now lift to him as she brings the glass of cold water to her lips.

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln smiled happily when she asked the question he had hoped for. It seemed that they were in sync and he smiled and took a sip of the pepsi that she had brought him too. He wondered when she had time to research, but he wasn't going to question it too much. He wondered if he was one of the heroes. He took a bite of his pizza and hoped that Grady would answer their question.

@Camleen @Gands

Grady makes himself comfortable eating salad and pizza, drinking a bottle of beer.

"Yeah, the Bat's real. He isn't always in town. I haven't met him myself, but I've been some of his ... well... helpers ? I fought at the side of one during the Riots. He's the real deal. Word is, he went to New York during the riots and attacked the Foot headquarters by himself. No, I'm not one of his guys, but I respect the hell out of him. Gotham has a large population of crazies some of which may or may not be meta. Doesn't make them any less dangerous. The Joker is a good example. Read up on him someday, a real sociopath, likes poisons and bombs. "

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln got up and took a sip of his Pepsi and then went back for a second slice of pizza.

" I wouldn't have believed it to be any different. What exactly do you mean by helpers? From what I read in older newspaper articles, he seemed to mostly work alone. I mean, I could have misread them. Also, I am curious about something. Does the name Grant Ward mean anything to you?" With all the talks of crazies in Gotham, perhaps the man who he had nearly died with was also here. He wasn't certain and he did have Karolina looking for his friends, but he was curious if Grady knew anything. There was so much he wished he could ask of the man.

@Gands @Camleen

Lincoln would give Karolina to much credit. What he would term 'research'… well all that was… she did a couple searches online for some clubs. Specifically, LBGT clubs, of course. And while she was doing this 'research', she came across a few curious articles about the other kind of 'night life' here in Gotham. And of course, that lead to the articles about Batman and his 'gang'. Gang isn't a term she came up with, she actually saw that word describing those that 'work' with Batman.

And Grady confirms that he's an actual person, not a very imaginative urban legend. So, Batman would be more like Spider-Man (who she actually met once through Cloak and Dagger), but more shadowy. More notorious, from what she had. "The Joker, huh?" She says softly, making a mental note to look that up. But frankly… with a name like 'The Joker', how bad could be possibly be?

If only she knew the half of it.

Karolina leans forward and takes another slice of the veggie pizza, setting it carefully on her plate. Once more she picks off a few of the toppings and chews quietly on them, looking between the boys as they speak. In her defense, she did contact the Avengers about Lincoln's friends, but they've yet to get back to her. She's expecting a call from Tigra or Doctor Pym soon… she hopes, in the least. Perhaps the reason they haven't got back to her as fast as they normally would is because they're not sure how to tell Karolina that Molly had effectively ran away from their compound…

Last edited:
Gotham City

Murtaugh Residence

Karolina's phone gets a text.

{{ Hey Karolina, I am sending you the information on Agent Ward by messenger. Curious as to why you are inquiring ? Does it have anything to do with Molly running away ? Anyway, good luck, heading off planet for a mission. Love Tigra ! }}

Grady not long after gets a text as well.

" Oh crap, one of the Lunatics from Arkham has escaped, suit up. I just got a message from commissioner Gordon. Apparently, the Bat is out of town and he's asking me to help. "

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln heard one of the phones go off.

He quietly waited for whoever it was whose phone that buzzed to mention the text that they had gotten. He took a bit out of his pizza and looked over at the two of them and was silent. He hoped that he would seem some sort of action soon.

Another phone went off and he looked over at Grady.

Lincoln didn't exactly have a suit, but he pulled the hoodie out of his bag and pulled it over his head. It was one of the worst supersuits, but he didn't have any other official one.

@Gands @Camleen

With a soft smile upon her lips, Karolina leans back in her chair. She blinks as she hears her notification from her phone….
She hums the tune for a good 20 seconds before it stops, and then starts again. As it starts again, she lazily reaches down towards her pocket and sits up a little to pull out her phone.

"I love that ditty" she says with a grin, looking between the boys. She settles back in her chair and swipes the screen a few times, and continues to hum softly as she reads the text. Her head tilts to one side and she reads it again. Her face gets very red very suddenly with… well anger/rage/being upset and she cries out "WHAT THE FFUFFFFFFFFUFUFUFFU" She bites down on her lower lip to not actually curse, but it almost slipped.

She stands suddenly, almost knocking her chair down as she does. She stalks away from the table angrily, and they would both see her body starting to give off multicolor streams of shimmering color, her being so upset she actually starts to transform. It only lasts a moment or so as she furiously texts back to Tigra.

{{WHAT THE HELL R U TALKING ABOUT?!?!?! WHAT DO U MEAN RAN AWAY WHERE IS KLARA?!}}

Yep, all caps. She hits the send button with her forefinger so hard that she almost drops her phone. She tucks it back into her pocket… and her body suddenly glows very brightly, almost like sun at noon kind of bright. As that brilliant flash fades, she is suddenly in her Majesdanian form, ribbons and streams of flowing shimmering light cascading along her body. She looks towards Grady and Lincoln… a look of great concern on her features. "Let's go get some lunatics." Obviously, she intends to take out some frustration on some poor sap…

Reactions: Gands

Grady suits up too, quickly, but in the next room. He tosses a heavier hoody, black colored looking a bit like leather to Lincoln. Earpieces for both of them as well.

" Lets get the truck and head out ! "

As you all pile into the truck, Karolina standing colorfully in back, holding onto the roll bars and Lincoln beside him in the front seat. The truck is driven at break neck speeds with the street lights almost always in his favor. You make it just outside the fences at Arkham and parks.

" Lincoln, you and I over the fence. Kar, watch from the sky and let me know if you see anything odd. "

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln checked his own phone and saw that he had forgotten to charge it and used a bit of his electricity to charge the battery up a little bit. The last thing he wanted to do was blow up the phone.

He followed Grady and Carolina to the car.

Lincoln saw that Karolina was glowing in the back and he buckled himself in. It didn't bother him that they were going at first, but he felt safter with the seat belt. It was ironic since it was difficult for him to not remember his last time in a car. It had not ended well and the seatbelt made it harder to leave.

" I am right behind you, Grady," he said, starting to climb over the fence and hoping that he wouldn't be shot.

KarolinaBanner002.jpg

The whole time they are 'heading out', Karolina seems quiet. Clearly she's upset. But she doesn't say anything. She's not sure who she's more pissed at, the Avengers for letting Molly go… or Molly for actually going. She's not sure she should be surprised, though. Molly's been more than her usual handful this passed month or so. If she doesn't hear back soon, Karolina has already decided that she'll be leaving Gotham in the morning. That's how worried she is.

Karolina pushes off the ground as she follows the boys to the truck, and she lands in the bed. She holds onto the roll bar as she is instructed, understanding why. She did something similar with Leapfrog. But as the trucks starts to move, she reverts back to her human form. She's upset, but she's also thinking ahead a little. She's not sure what they'll find, but her powers at night are finite. So…she conserve as much as she can.

The drive to Arkham is fast… Karolina feels herself getting motion sickness a few times, but she deals with it as always. Her eyes move towards Arkham itself, her brows furrowing a little. It just LOOKS like the kind of place one would lock up lunatics. And as the truck comes to a stop, she takes a few deep breaths to help with the slight case of motion sickness still in her tummy. She finally affixes her earpiece as she listens to Grady, nodding a little. "I'll try… but frankly I'm not sure if I would know if anything was odd here. I mean everything about this place seems odd." Her gaze drifting back to Arkham. But as Grady and Lincoln take off, she stands in the bed of the truck a moment.

Her knees bend, and she launches upwards as she transforms, a trail of shimmering radiant light left in her wake. One of her fingers comes to the earpiece as she speaks, now a hundred feet in the air. "I prolly shoulda mentioned, but I ain't gonna be great for stealth missions. In case it comes up. I mean… I'm pretty bright… but there's a workaround for it… and if we do find lunatics, I'm kind of expecting to be a giant brilliant target for 'em. Which I'm ready for."

She swoops over the main Arkham building itself, squinting a little to see the distant ground as she moves through the air.

Grady and Lincoln move quickly over the fence and through the field between the fence and the facility, while the guards seem to be ogling the glowing flying woman. These are clearly not the regular guards but some of the inmates in guard outfits. Grady, who is fairly skilled at stealth makes his way first, cupping his hands in front of Lincoln when the get to the next wall.

{ over their radio } We'll go up to the wall and knock these boys silly, then you come and join us K ! "

@Camleen

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln moves swiftly across the fence and field once the guards were distracted. He had a feeling that those weren't the real guards, but people attempting to escape their prison. He had seen that tactics in cartoons, but seeing it in real life seemed quite ridiculous to the man and Lincoln stops when Grady stops at a corner. He was careful as he didn't want to screw this up.

Lincoln was fine with knocking the boys silly and he was ready to fight fast and quick. He started to form a small electro ball.

@Gands @Camleen

She moves gracefully through the darkened sky, leaving a shimmering trail of glowing energy in her wake. From her vantage point she can clearly see Grady and Lincoln, and she nods to what he says. Not that he would be able to see her nod…

She sees the strategy. The 'guards' are focused on her now… so Grady and Lincoln can sneak up on them pretty easily. While her mind is still primarily on worrying about Molly, she does her best to stay focused on the here and now. And so, she needs to do her part. She always has to do something to help her friends. That's who she is."Just try not to hurt 'em to bad if possible, boys. I mean I know they're lunatics and all..." Despite the fact some of those men would do... just unspeakable... things if they got their hands on her, she still feels the need to voice her concern over their well being.

She starts to circle now over the courtyard where the guards are, and she lowers her altitude just a smidge. She begins to pour out more energy, her form and energy trails shimmering brighter. The guards watching her, they'll have a harder time adjusting to the darkness as Grady and Lincoln take them out. It'll give the boys more of an advantage. And.. maybe it serves as a better distraction, especially with her a little lower now so they can more clearly see her very feminine outline.

For a bunch of 'lunatics'… they sure don't seem very focused. Karolina, frankly, expected more out of the baddies…

--------[ Molly Lincoln ]--------
Babysitting a college kid wasn't Molly's idea of a prime assignment. But when the first check cleared and hit her account, she was locked in for the contract. Her client was a Wall Street bigwig named Frank Hanson, and her assignment was to protect his daughter Allison Hanson while doing charity work in Gotham. She was part of a crew building affordable housing for those who had theirs badly damaged in the riots.

Because these rich kids always went to the slums for their charity work. Not Maui, Paris, or somewhere Molly would actually want to go and hang about in the background.

Instead The Mollys had endured three weeks of covert, mind-numbing tail work. The client wanted round-the-clock protection, so that necessitated having two replicas go pretty much unsupervised while Molly herself rested up. Luckily Allison hadn't been a night owl. She put in her hard work at the sites, had dinner with friends, and kept all her activity in the hotel. Still, Molly was less than happy to be working for an overprotective father during the job.

Tonight, Molly watched her target board her flight home to San Francisco. She went on her phone and called the client.

"Mr. Hanson. Alli is wheels up in fifteen and safe. Not so much as a handsy coworker."

There was an audible sigh of relief from the other end. "Thank goodness. Good work Ms. Lincoln, I rested better knowing she was in your very capable hands. I'll be wiring the payment for your expenses soon as the report is faxed over."

"You're welcome Sir. You ever need a protective detail the cops can't match again, you have our number."

"Will do Ms. Lincoln. Take care."

Molly put her phone away and on the drive back to her hotel, contemplated what to do next. She was a totally mobile and solo operation, and had been since the beginning. But maybe it was time to put down something more permanent. Gotham seemed a hotbed of work from everything that had happened in the last few months. And the Batman hadn't been sighted since the riots. Gossip around was that it made businesses nervous. And when people get nervous, they want protection.

Back at her hotel, Molly made a replica to start on her expenses report, while she used another laptop to start searching for how competitive the security market would be in this town. Turned out there was one firm. Very established, so a name that had to have a lot of trust in the city. Her own would only go so far as a newcomer. Then she got into a telepathic conversation with her replica.

We don't work well with others. This might not be the best idea.

It's either this or putting in the footwork and cash for an office, advertising, hiring an actual other person to do clerical work while we're out in the field. A lot of thing we don't want right now.

I resent the 'actual other person' remark, but you are right. Then we can just sit on our current earnings. Maybe fill a bathtub with cash like we've been dreaming of for a while now.

That's the spirit.

Molly got on her phone and called this firm intending to set up a meeting with the head man.

@Gands

Gotham City
Arkham Asylum outskirts

Corvus and Lincoln make quick work of the three lunatics.

Into the little ear radios (( " I can see a door from here, Northwest of us Lucy, we'll head that way, as quickly as we can, see you there." ))

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS (( prepared for a Batman appearance ? ))

• Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS
"Your work is a little sloppy." Came a certain gravely voice from the nearby shadows.

"But I do appreciate your filling in for me while I was away." Batman stepped out of the shadows, looking Corvus and Lincoln over.

"You look familiar. A relative of Big Patrick? Welcome to this side of the cape. What's your plan here?"

He asked the obvious question, too obvious. It was a reasonable assumption that he already knew the answer, the Bat just wanted to hear it from them.

@Camleen @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln was happy that they had made quick work that he didn't hear the other man approach . He knew that May would have been disappointed in him, letting anyone get the drop of it.

He surveyed the man and was silent. He did look a lot like the hero Lucy had read to him. Was this the Batman? He wasn't sure if he should proceed his next words carefully and was silent, debating what to say. Hopefully, somebody could supplement the words. He wasn't a wordsmith and didn't want to misstep or insult the hero.

@Michale CS @Gands @Camleen