G

Gands

Original poster
upload_2017-5-4_22-41-46.png

Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after

upload_2017-5-4_22-53-46.png

Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

upload_2017-5-4_22-55-40.png

" The Question "

This thread is part of the Epic Mashup clan, please go there and see how to get started.

Last edited by a moderator:
KarolinaBanner002.jpg.html

KarolinaBanner002.jpg

@Gands, @LuckycoolHawk9, @Michale CS

Lucy In The Sky… high up in the sky… nods as she watches the boys take out the fake out guards. She rears up in the darkness above the courtyard, squinting to see if there was anything else they would have to deal with. And as Grady gives his instructions, she has to look upwards to figure out which way is north, using the North Star of course. So if that's north… then west would be on her left, right? Left… right…

She heads in the direction of the building now, keeping an eye out for any more hostiles. She doesn't say it aloud, but that felt way too easy to her. Of course all she's good for right now is a distraction, she didn't have to actually fight.

And as she approaches the door, she sees someone new. Someone that isn't Grady or Lincoln. She's not sure they see him (she wasn't aware Batman had already addressed them), so she draws her hands up, those hands glowing more brightly as she closes in on them. But… she hears Batman talking to Grady and Lincoln, and they aren't trying to kick his teeth in or anything. So he must not be a baddie? Her form now glows its normal radiant glow as she stops near the three of them, floating gently about 3 feet off the ground.

"Whozzis?" She asks as she motions to Batman… of course she's heard of him, but she's never actually seen him. She does note that his suit looks waaaaaaay more intricate than any she's seen. But then, she's just wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

Grady managed to keep his cool. Despite a personal and family history that said avoid the bat at all costs. This was it, as he said, this was the other side of the cape.

He waves Karolina down. When she gets down to where she can hear the men, he starts talking.

" It's good to meet you in person. I was working a bit with one of your people, a woman with blue hair during the riots. This is Lincoln and Lucy in the sky with Diamonds".

He smiles despite himself introducing Karolina.

" I call myself Corvus. My plan was to do in through the roof and check the auxiliary security station on the fifth floor.

upload_2017-6-6_19-51-7.png

But I am willing to take advice.

" Folks, this is the Batman"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen

" I call myself Corvus. My plan was to do in through the roof and check the auxiliary security station on the fifth floor.

"It's a good plan, except for the infrared sensors on the corners of the building. They'd be alerted the moment you got up there." The Bat reached into his belt and tossed a small spray can to Grady. "Freon."

"The 'safety reflectors' on the corners of the building are the sensors. They're programmed to set off an alarm at an increase in temperature, not a decrease. Spray it first, but don't overdo it. That'll buy you a couple of minutes. Hope you have someone good to disable the lock on the roof access door."
He rattled off and evaluated them.

"Although they couldn't be paying too much attention, since your rather flashy approach so far hasn't drawn attention. I'll patrol the perimeter and make sure there aren't any nasty surprises for you. Any questions?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Camleen

Grady thought to himself, this was likely as close to approval he's likely to get from the Bat. So he'd better just get on with it as he caught the can tossed to him.

" Yes Sir, I am familiar with the technique, I just missed the sensors, Thanks. By the way, if you ever happen to be in my neighborhood in less, trying moments, look me up. "

With that, Grady moved towards the building.

"Come on Linc, Lucy, conserve energy until we send you the signal."

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen

" Yes Sir, I am familiar with the technique, I just missed the sensors, Thanks. By the way, if you ever happen to be in my neighborhood in less, trying moments, look me up. "

Batman made a grunt, halfway between a chuckle and a scoff. It was really hard to tell with him.
"I may do that. Unfortunately, the work that kept me away isn't... entirely finished, and you seem to have a good team here. You may be called on."

And with that, he fired off his grapple gun at a nearby fire escape and rappelled off.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen @Gands

KarolinaBanner002.jpg

Batman mentions their flashy approach, and she blinks as she looks down at herself. "Well I guess flashy is all I know.." she utters softly. Her eyes widen a little with surprise, and she lands softly next to Grady, still glowing gently. "Oh wow.. the Batman…" He isn't as tall as she thought he would be.

She just kind of stares at him the whole time they are talking, but she seems to snap out of it, looking to Grady and then Batman. "A-actually it's just Lucy In The Sky… not the with diamonds part… my so called codename's long enough. Old song reference..." she says with an awkward chuckle. Why is she nervous suddenly?

She looks to the small can then Grady now holds… wondering what they're going to do with hair spray. Luckily for this team, she's not the tactician. "Yeah we do have a good team." She says softly, looking towards Lincoln and Grady. And when Batman fires his grapple gun, she jumps a little and lets out a little squeak, her body glowing brighter. She didn't expect that!

As Batman repels away, her shoulders slump a little as she speaks "aw crap… I wanted to get his autograph… Molly woulda loved that…" She's 100% sure Molly knows who Batman is, and probably has drawings of him. Probably drawings of Batman being her sidekick or something.

Karolina looks over her shoulder towards Grady as she hears her codename, her body immediately reverting back to her human form. She steps closer to the boys, looking upwards. "Well that was unexpected… he seems nice in a… gargoyle… kind of way." She looks back to them. "So what now?"

Tagging: @Gands, @LuckycoolHawk9, @Michale CS

Lincoln Campbell

" I guess now would be a good time as any to break in and follow his advice. It was certainly interesting to meet him to say the least. I am not sure what to make of him, but he was certainly helpful to us and helped us not hurt any civilians in the process of trying to stop these bad guys and get them back where they belong," he said, looking off the distance. He hoped that this world's Daisy was as nice and as helpful as everyone else here. He bit down on his tongue and followed the others.

@Gands @Camleen @Michale CS

Grady of course, being a security guy in his private life knew about the type of sensors and how best to disable them. He chose a spot on the roof where they would be least effective and prepared to spray himself and Lincoln with refrigerant first, toss Lincoln up there, then leap up himself.

" Alright folks, The Bat is right, I'll have to disable those sensors. First we'll have to spray Lincoln and I down so our body heat is lower for a little bit, then I'll disable the sensors so Lucy can join us up there. Then I'll get the lock and we'll go in. "

" Any questions ? "

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9

KarolinaBanner002.jpg

With a smile still on her young face, Karolina looks in the direction of Grady, and then Lincoln as Sparkplug speaks up. "Iunno, Lin—Sparkplug. He seems ta want ta help people… but stay out of the spotlight. Or… or any light, it seems. When you help people but they don't even realize it... heck I think that's just the best." She shrugs a little as she looks in the general direction Lincoln's gaze is directed. "But yeah, now's a good a time as any."

As Grady starts to speak, she lets out a little and soft giggle. 'The Bat'…. She wonders if they can call him that to his face. Sounds like a weird way to address a fella. A…fella dressed like a giant bat. Her arms cross over her chest now as she listens to the plan, her brows furrowing a little. More and more she's starting to feel like a hindrance to the 'team'. They're certainly more stealth like… and sometimes she can glow like the frickin sun. But she remembers her mother and father's 'costumes'… as much as she hates them both, they might have been onto something with them. "I'll stick down here then till ya give me the signal, then I'll head up as quick as I can, chief."

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln had a ton of questions to ask, but he decided to hold them back for now. He was wondering why he couldn't just use his electric powers to fry the circuits of the machinery in the area. It was certainly easier than all of this prep work they were doing.

He decided to keep this bit of information to himself though.

" Nope, I am all good. Let's get this started."

@Gands @Camleen

In the distance, a clattering can be heard. To those with keen enough senses or the right vantage point, the sound was caused by a rifle clattering into a fire escape, which was quickly followed by a light thumping sound as an unconscious, bound man dressed all in black flopped onto the same landing.

Apparently Batman had not entirely left the scene, and since no alarms went off and there was no sudden scramble of activity from the building Corvus' team was raiding, the man got no chance to alert anyone.

At least that was the assumption.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen @Gands

r0yRrtX.jpg

When she got to the voicemail, Molly sighed but left a quick message in a happy voice. "Hello! So sorry I couldn't get hold of someone. I'm an independent contractor, new to Gotham, and looking to join up with a more established firm, if you're looking for new talent that is. You can reach me at this number if you're interested. I look forward to hearing from Mr. Murdog. Ciao!"

It took a couple quiet moments after she'd ended the call for Molly to realize her error. "Dammit!"

"We're getting a little sloppy." Molly Two chimed in from the desk. "This last job was all caps and bold BORING."

"Shut up Two." Molly flopped onto the bed and checked her phone for anything that would of interest to her. Clubbing was out, since she wasn't so bored as to break her diet. Yet. Maybe I could just check out a local attraction. Like this Arkham I keep hearing about. Doubt they'd let just anyone in to see the crazies, but driving by won't hurt.

It didn't take long for Molly Two to finish and send the expense report, so she was dispelled and Molly changed into a fresh outfit before leaving the hotel headed for a drive by look of Arkham.

As fate would have it, as she approached the gates she saw first the parked truck, then in the sky a glowing female figure moments before she descended.
"Huh. Well isn't that neat." She said as she parked her rented sedan next to the truck and stepped out.

"Should I involve myself in whatever the glowing chick is about?....yeah. I think I should."
Molly approached the gates, and produced a ball of purple energy from her mouth that passed through the bars before expanding and becoming Molly Two. Two stealthily crept up to the guard post, seeing a man at the controls in a guard uniform, but another mostly stripped of clothing was laid out in the dirt unconscious.

Not the real guard. Good. Then I won't feel bad.

Molly Two crept up behind the fake guard, and got him into a sleeper hold that silenced him and caused him to drop the pistol he'd been holding at the ready. When he stopped flailing, Molly Two dropped him and opened the gate.

Molly Prime had gotten her guns ready in the meantime, and the two took seperate paths around the perimeter to get a feel for the situation before moving in.

Need a way in. Loading dock is a no. Roof would be the best.

The Mollys skirted around any surveillance points to a fire escape up onto the roof. They heard people uptop so they proceeded cautiously, Molly Two in the lead.

Once at the top, Molly Two carefully peered up. A woman, and two men.
"Hold it" Molly Two said to the trio with a gun trained on them, while below Molly Prime made two more in case things got hairy.

"Inmates? Or allies?"

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen

Last edited by a moderator:

Grady turned towards the voice. He did not look particularly alarmed.

" The inmates seem to have taken over the facilities here. We, he gestures to the others on the roof, are not as yet, inmates here. I would suggest moving up here in a hurry, I jury rigged a heat sensor about ten feet from you on that corner, and I don't know how long that will last. Oh, and please don't shoot me, the noise will give us away"

"I am called Corvus. "

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ms.Ezra @Michale CS

KarolinaBanner002.jpg

There is a worried look upon her young features as the boys work. She folds her arms over her midsection as she stands in the darkness, keeping herself in her 'human' form to not alert anyone else. She's no good at stealth, as established. But it isn't her fault she glows like flippin noon!

She draws in a deep breath as her hands fall to her sides… and then she hears a new voice. Corvus might be cool as a cucumber given the situation… but Karolina not so much. She hears Molly Two call out to them, and Karolina jumps a little in surprise. She spins around, seeing the gun trained on them as Molly Two asks who's side they're on. "Whoah!" She exclaims as her eyes widen.

All she sees is the gun. Nothing more. She throws her hands up in front of her, her palms facing Molly Two as her form transitions into her Majesdian form… she suddenly glows and shimmers in a galaxy of colors. The colors seeming to come off of her like smoking energy, trailing her every movement like a wake in the water. Her hands glow more brightly and from those hands a stream of the shimmering energy extends forth and creates a barrier between her trio and Molly Two.

But…

Cool as cucumber Corvus steps towards her…speaking in an utterly calmed tone. She stares at him wide eyed, and then looks towards the barrel of the gun… finding herself cringing a little, having to force herself to look away from it and towards the woman holding it. The barrier dissipates as Corvus steps up, but her form is still of the shimmering energy.

She hopes he knows what he's doing.

Lincoln Campbell

" I am also not an inmate. I'm Sparkplug, an ally of Corvus and we do need to be fast. We have no clue how long that heat sensor will hold to help capture those villains who are trying to escape. I also would lower the gun as it won't help us if we are caught," he said, echoing the notion that Corvus had said. He hoped that she was good and not going to shot them.

@Camleen @Gands @Ms.Ezra @Michale CS

r0yRrtX.jpg

"Huh" Molly Two lowered her gun and couldn't take her eyes off the younger woman, head cocked and with an inquisitive look. "Corvus" She nodded at the one who had been calm enough to approach her. "Sparkplug" She nodded at the younger man. Then she turned her gaze back at the woman "Let me guess...Sunspot? Or maybe...Gorgeous?" She put the gun in a shoulder holster.

"You can come on up." Molly Two said to the others down the fire escape. Molly Prime and two others came up and stood ready.

"We're the Amazon Squad. But you can call me Molly Prime, and the others Molly Two, Three and Four. Was driving by, saw Gorgeous here, and had to investigate." Molly Prime said while tying her hair back so the others knew which was Prime. She addressed Corvus "Better intros later. Let's get the inmates back in their cells."

@Gands @Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9

Arkham Asylum in Gotham City

Grady moved back to finish rigging the security system on the roof door. He was actually quite good at these sorts of electronics.

"Alright folks, quick and quiet at first. Sparky you and I first, I'm your bodyguard and you are my range. Lucy, You are reserve you get the ones we miss. I don't expect many on this floor, the security room will be to our left. Amazon gals, where do you fit in ? Are you quiet ? if so, maybe you can search this level for survivors, stragglers? "

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ms.Ezra

KarolinaBanner002.jpg

Karolina glances towards the fellas as they introduce themselves, and she seems to relax a little. The shimmering glow of her body dissipates, leaving her in her human form now. As Molly mentions the names of each of them, she looks towards them. Corvus first, and then Sparkplug. But Molly address her... she blinks a few times, feeling a faint blush rise in her cheeks. "Gorgeous…" she mutters softly, as if to herself (just repeating or making an observation about the other woman?). Self-consciously she tucks a few strands of hair behind her ear as she speaks softly. "Um… I'm Karolina. Uh… thanks… yeah thanks…" (Pronounced Kair-roh-lee-na). Not Lucy In The Sky (her 'codename', as the others had given theirs), but her real name. Apparently, she's not experienced enough to remember hero protocol when meeting others on the job for the first time. She also kind of sounds like she's stumbling over her own words.

Her eyes are diverted to the fire escape when Molly seems to speak to someone. Huh... she's part of a little team too, huh. But when Karolina gets a good look. "Oh, you're twins!" And then another. "Uh… triplets." And then another. "huh… quadruplets…" Her blue eyes look between all the Mollies… thinking they look A LOT alike. Like… super identical. Like… creepy 'The Shining' identical. Of course she has no idea as to Molly's abilities, or powers or anything. So Karolina stares at all of the Mollies, looking between them slowly. She could say something stupid like 'oh beautiful times 4' or some crap. But for now her head is just trying to wrap around who this woman is… well women?

Corvus calls for their attention, and Karolina blinks as sloooowly she draws her gaze away from the Mollies, finding herself a little reluctant to do so. And she can still feel subtle darkening of her cheeks. She looks towards Corvus as he gives the assignments… and then her gaze moves back towards Mollies. "Reserve, got it." She parrots softly, looking towards Corvus and Sparkplug. "I'll stick here. Cage up and or knock out anyone that isn't you guys that comes through here. No… wait…" she glances up as she thinks "I guess I shouldn't attack guards… but those lunatics" she's using that word a lot tonight "we ran into outside were dressed like guards. Okay" she looks back towards Corvus "I'll just detain everyone that comes through here that aren't you guys. We can sort them out later. Got it." She says with a nod, her hands on her hips.

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln watched the three of them quietly and waited for any directions. He didn't want to screw up. He had already done with his world in the past. He bit down on his tongue, waiting and watching.

" I can handle that. I have been the range in the past and if we run into any electronics, I might be able to fry them if you need them to be. That being said, I hope this goes well," he admitted as he hoped that nothing went wrong on him.

@Gands @Camleen @Ms.Ezra

• Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS
r0yRrtX.jpg

"Karolina. Nice to meetcha." The Mollies said and winked at her in unison.

In response to Corvus, Molly Prime nodded. "We're quiet and coordinated. Consider this perimeter secured. Want one of us along? If things get hairy she'll alert us and we can assist."

Her orders clear, Molly and her squad descended the fire escape and fanned out to scour the outside of the facility.

Should have brought a mask. Then again all I got is that ceremonial one and the one from Mardis Gras. I wear that one people will call me Lady Peacock or something equally dumb.

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen

• Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS