• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon entering the room, Steven was frozen for a moment as he stared at the ceiling skylight. Was that... the sky? The beautiful, precious sky?! Never before had Steven laid eyes on such a gorgeous sight... Now all he had to do was find a way to break the glass, and they'd be able to escape! ...Now the conundrum was whether to call Tanami and Norio or not. If he did, then he'd need to leave this room, giving the Orignal Despair a chance to lock this room. But if he didn't, then those two might never find this room, considering how Steven specifically told everyone to split up. Either way, he would waste everyone's time if it turned out the glass wasn't breakable in the first place, so maybe he should try that first? As for the glass itself; on one hand, it might be too strong to just break. On the other, if he broke it while standing right under it, he would be showered by aforementioned broken glass, which quite likely would not be a nice sensation. What to do, what t- ...Wait a minute. Why weren't the clouds moving? Like, at all?
"...Oh, fuck you too, Monokuma", Steven muttered, unsure exactly who was to blame for this, but figuring that 'Monokuma' in general was a safe bet. As it turned out, the 'skylight' wasn't a skylight at all, but rather just ordinary ceiling tiles painted to look like the outside sky. "Of course it couldn't be that easy... Well, back to investigating", he spoke to nobody in particular as he started to look around.

Like most gardens, this place was filled with, well, plants. Unlike most other gardens, this one had a ridiculously large flower-thing right smack-dab in the middle of it, which looked like a combination of several carnivorous plants. Whatever it was used for, it could not possibly be a good thing. A first glance revealed nothing of importance, but of course it would be foolish to trust first glances. As such, Steven explored the garden for a bit anyway, making sure to stay VERY far away from the Horrible Death Plant Of Doom©.

A little while later, Steven still hadn't found anything around here, and his gut feeling told him that wasn't going to change any time soon either. Aside from the H.D.P.O.D.©, this place looked to be just a perfectly ordinary garden with nothing of interest to him at the moment. Shrugging, Steven left the room and headed over to the last room on this floor; the Dojo

@Neobullseye
Inside the dojo was only lockers and a large wall painted to have cherry blossoms on them, nothing else of note could be found

Nothing, huh? Well, that was it for this floor, then, Steven figured as he ran down the hallway and towards the stairs. Upon reachign the bottom of said stairs, Steven noticed that there was no note from Tanami there yet. So either he had forgotten to place one (possible, but unlikely), or he simply wasn't done yet (judging by the map, the fourth floor was a lot larger than the fifth one). Assuming the last one was the case, Steven placed his cap on the bottom of the stairs to the fifth floor (revealing a bunch of hat hair in the process), then took another look at the map. "Let's see... If Tanami went to the places where I told him to go first, he should have already visited the Faculty Offices and Headmaster's Office", Steven talked to himself, walking down the hallway just to make sure. Surely enough, the doors to those two rooms were open, proving that someone, most likely Tanami, indeed went there. Which left... some other rooms for him. Let's see... "Now THIS room looks promising", he muttered, pointing at the room labeled with a Monokuma door. If there was any place where they could find information, it would be there. Running down the hallway, Steven arrived at a black/white door which quite obviously belonged to said room. ...Only it was locked. Dammit. Hmm... Breaking down the door would likely count as breaking rule #12, and Steven wasn't planning on breaking any other rules any time soon. The last time he did so really didn't go all that well. The Original Despair surely wasn't going to help them. So what other options were there? ...Oh! Maybe Norio knew how to get in. It was worth a try, at least; if it failed, he would lose a bit of time, but if he succeeded, he could potentially gain a treasure trove of information.
Figuring that the possible rewards outweighed the risks, Steven darted down the hallways, running all the way down to the first floor again to search for Norio. When he eventually found him, Steven was running a bit low on breath from sprinting through the entire building. "No-norio... Black-white... door on... fourth floor... Mono-kuma room... locked... You can... open?", he gasped in between breaths, his right hand placed on his chest. "May be... something.. there..."

@Daz

[spoili]
Credit to Behelit
tumblr_okqfsd5Um61uoblcyo1_1280.jpg

[/spoili]

A thorough search of the infirmary revealed... nothing. Wonderful. Predicting he'd find even more nothing, Norio dragged himself out of the infirmary, making no haste to get to the next room. Norio was on his way over to the student store when he heard pounding footsteps behind him, turning to see Steven sprinting towards him. If this wasn't important Norio was going to be pissed, he wasn't in the mood for a pointless disruption to his moping. Thankfully it seemed Steven did actually have something important to ask though, even if it took Norio a minute decipher Steven's question between his gasping.

"I know the command that's supposed to open the door, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Despairs have somehow changed it. Try 'Monokuma has the nicest butt on the block'- if it doesn't work, then you know the Despairs have messed with it." Norio explained, then continuing with a sigh "Is there anything else you want to ask while you're here?"

While Norio didn't particularly care to answer more questions, he'd rather get them out of the way now than be disturbed again: Norio needed some time alone to really wrap his head around what was happening. This perfectly planned twist, the precision of this attack, was weighing on Norio's mind, the orderly aspect as much as the despair, perhaps even more so.

"Promising promising promising!"

Having the puppets help him drag the boxes out of the back room, Tan sat down before searching through them. Files of import were laid out in front of him next to each other as he critically examined each and everyone of them.

"I'm actually quite excited," Lil' Cezia stepped forward "last time we got ahold of stuff like this Sven decided to horde all of it for himself so that we'd had to wasit until afer he was killed to learn much from them."

"I do recall that killer turning out to be you, right?"

"That was flesh me, little me can not be held responsible for the actions of flesh me."

"And I was gonna show you guys those files.... eventually." Mini-Sven folded his arms defensively before glancing to the side "Only after I'd used them to cause the sweetest chaos and anarchy possible that I could, but I was gonna reveal them at some point!"

"Why is it that we keep having to deal with your group's unending boner for weird shit?" Kibi groaned as the puppet-master began pouring over the files before him "Seriously, your boner for chaos nearly lost us a shit ton of information, your boyfriend's boner fror naked shitheads was the key factor in busting his ass, and the same could be said for the sketch artist and her lady boner for art!"

"Perhaps our intense love for our talents was what drew us together in the first place?"

"That works for you two!" Kibi barked before pointing an acccusing stub-arm to Minisaac "But how is an unhealthy obsession with gay shit supposed to help the Ultimate Assassin?"

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]"You underestimate the power of BL!"[/BCOLOR]

"Guys? Can we get back to.... looking over the files?" Lil' Kyle pleaded as he watched the other puppets devolve into fighting once more.

"Eh, let them have it." Tan said as he looked over the files with a smile on his face "I only have one pair off eyes, unfortunately, and arguing has always been the best white noise for me. I process things so much faster when there's an argument in the background!"

"That... makes way too much sense actually."
@The Tragedy

• Love
Reactions: Vitreus
@GrieveWriter
Looking through the Ultimate files he found that sometime during the school year, about a week before the game began (unbeknownst to Tan) Sodika had been away from school and managed to come back right on the day of the starting of the game

Steven cocked one eyebrow upon hearing the password from Norio. Why oh why was he not surprised at this? Well, it wasn't important at the moment; they still had more investigating to do. Same thing with asking Norio more questions; for one, there was still time for that later, and second, he had no idea what to ask him in the first place. ...Well, actually, there was this one thing, and luckily that could be answered pretty quickly.
"Thanks... And no, not really, no time for that", Steven said in response to Norio's inquiry, slowly recovering his breath. "One thing though... I found a file... about our plans. Apparently Sodika was not... part of them? Just say 'yes' if she was, or 'no' if she wasn't. We'll talk about it in detail... at the Trial."
After waiting for Norio's answer, Steven returned to the fourth floor, then headed towards the Monokuma door. A quick inspection, however, taught him that there was no keypad to enter a password in. Wait, but how was he supposed to enter the password then? "...Oh, hell no", Steven muttered when he realized exactly what he had to do. He had to say it, didn't he? With Tanami still in hearing distance, no less. Great, just great. "So, uhm... 'Monokuma has the...' ", he started, then stopped to shake his head. This is so dumb. Why couldn't they use a normal password like 'Swordfish' or 'Joshua' or something? Still, he had to do this if he wanted to get anywhere... "Focus, Steven, focus. Ahem. Let's try that again. Enter password: 'Monokuma has the nicest butt on the block' "
....He was never going to live this down, would he?

@The Tragedy

Last edited:
Reactions: Solemn Jester
@Neobullseye
Inside the room looked like a manual control to Monokuma, with buttons and flashing lights and joy sticks all around him

"Is this... Monokuma's control room?", Steven wondered out loud. Obviously it was the control room for something and the door design and map icon could only mean one thing, really. The next question was just how much control he would have over Monokuma, now that he had access to this room. ...Well, he would likely have zero control over Monokuma, given that he had no idea what button did what. Seriously, this place looked like the cockpit of a space shuttle or something. In between his complete lack of knowledge of what eveything did and the knowledge of what it could potentially do, Steven was a bit nervous to touch anything. The Ultimate Analyst must have been something else to be able to handle all of this.

Speaking of which... there was a conspicuous lack of blood, gore and a corpse in here, considering the Ultimate Analyst should have been killed in this very room. Not that he was really complaining about that though, but still... If that person really had been killed here, then there should've been traces of it. Yet there were none, so it followed that either the Ultimate Analyst was killed elsewhere instead, or the killer managed to get rid of literally every single trace. Unless the Original Despair member was the Ultimate Crime Scene Cleaner or something though, Steven very much doubted that the latter was the case. Which left only the former option; the real murder spot was somewhere else. And at the same time, both the Ultimate Analyst and the Original were in control of Monokuma shortly before and shortly after the murder respectively, which implied that the real murder scene couldn't be far away. Maybe there was a secret passage somewhere around here? With that, Steven started to explore the room, looking at the monitors, walls and whatnot to see if he could find anything suspicious.

@Neobullseye
All he could find was what was in front of him, the monitors, buttons, joysticks etc, nothing else was in the room

Nothing? But why? There had to be something; corpses don't just disappear like that. ...Then again, Sodika's and Sven's deaths weren't exactly clean, and there was no trace of those after their trials either. But still, he had expected to find something; it wasn't that long since the Ultimate Analyst had been murdered. Had there truly been enough time to clean up everything? ...Unless,of course, the murder hadn't taken place here in the first place. For all he know, this was just an emergency room for Norio to use if something were to happen to the Ultimate Analyst, and the real control room was somewhere else entirely. But if that was the case, then why hadn't he done so yet? Maybe Norio was part of the Original Despairs all along? ...No, that didn't make sense, for the same reasoning he used before; there was no logical reason for Norio to have done everything he did, including telling Steven the password for this room, if that was the case. No, there had to be another explanation for it. It wouldn't help him to just speculate at random though; he had to go through this logically.

Okay, let's go over the facts for a moment.
Fact: Norio told me the password, but didn't bother going up here himself. If he was part of the Original Despairs, he would not have helped me at all. But if he is not part of them and his story is true, he would want to do everything to oppose them. Yet he did not go here. Therefore, he must have felt that going here was not the most efficient way to stop our opponents. Why? I don't know yet. Moving on for now, but keep this in mind.
Fact: The password still works. Therefore, the Original Despairs didn't bother to change the password. Either they couldn't, which is unlikely considering everything else they pulled off, or they didn't feel the need to. The latter is more probable. Why did they not feel the need to? Because there is nothing I can do here that would take away their control of the situation. For the same reason, Norio did not instantly go here; he would've known that he couldn't override their command from here.
Conclusion 1: I can't take over Monokuma from here, or at least not with the press of a single button.

Fact: The Ultimate Analyst was murdered in the 'control room' with a gun. When someone is killed with a gun, blood splatter gets everywhere. Yet there is not a single speck of blood to be found anywhere around here. Though earlier murder scenes have also been cleaned very rigorously, in this case we arrived at the floor of the murder almost instantly, while the killer had wasted time to taunt us all. There was no time to clean the murder scene to this degree.
Fact: Once again, Norio did not instantly go here, even though he would've known that, if this was the murder scene, he could've caught the Original Despair in the act. Though the latter would have been armed and dangerous, Norio does not seem like the type to be scared too much by that, especially considering he -- no, we -- have created a killing game in the first place, knowing full well he might die in the process.
Conclusion 2: This is not the murder scene. Yet the Ultimate Analyst was killed in a control room. Therefore, there is another control room somewhere, which likely has an higher rank of authority than this one. Which is why I cannot take over control from Monokuma and why they did not bother to change the password of the door to this room.

Conclusion 3, from 1 and 2: Seeing as I cannot control Monokuma, it is safe to check if there is anything else I can find out on these computers. I do still have to be careful though, because I might accidentaly trigger something else I don't want to trigger.

Still somewhat nervous, Steven took place in the seat in front of the 'cockpit'. "Okay, let's see... this is made by humans for humans, so it has to make some kind of human sense, right?", Steven muttered, trying to figure out how the computer worked and if there was anything useful on it whatsoever.

A password screen appeared on the screen as soon as Steven tried to do anything, great another obstacle
@Neobullseye

Another password, huh? Steven had no idea what it was, and guessing too much wasn't a real option too. If this place had any kind of security, it would lock him out after a certain amount of failed attempts.On the note of security though, the simple fact that the computer asked for another password meant that there had to be something interesting on it; otherwise why even bother if you're the only person who should have access to the room in the first place? Now, how to get the password... He could try asking Norio again, but if he left this room, that would provide whoever was in control of this place now with the opportunity to lock the room again and change the password. If nothing else, it felt like something they would do, judging by what Steven had heard from them. Which left only one real option...
"Yo, Tanami! Are you there?". Steven called out to the hallway, hoping the Puppeteer would hear him. "I found a computer in the Monokuma room, but the thing requires a password. Can you ask Norio what the password for the computer in here is? He should know what I'm talking about. I can't go myself, otherwise the Original Despair might lock me out of the entire room."

While Tanami might or might not go to get the password from Norio, Steven turned his attention back to the screen. ...Maybe Norio got lazy and simply recycled the 'Monokuma butt' password? Alternatvely, it could be something involving hope, like a variation of 'Vessels Of Hope' or something like that. Of course, that was assuming that the password had any kind of logic to it whatsoever and wasn't a random string of numbers and symbols. Steven looked around the room to see if there was anything around that provided some kind of hint to what the password could be.

@GrieveWriter
@The Tragedy

Last edited:
Tanami scoured the files at his leisure as n\he made his way to his next place of search, he squinted at something inside them for a moment before rolling his eyes and chuckling to himself. The constant arguments of the puppets around him providing the perfect tune to educate himself to, a cloud off noise one would consider the result of a room of angry people instead of one extremely versatile puppeteer.

However, upon nearing his next destination he heard Steven call out for his help.

He rolled his eyes before shrugging and instead moving to find Norio. Looks like this large floor would actually be finished after all.

Not like it mattered at this point.

And so he shifted his directive to locating the third of their little trio, peeking into various rooms and scanning for him before moving to the next. With this method, It didn't take long for him to hunt down their final fellow.

"Yo, Norio!" Tan called out while approaching with a grin "Stevey boy's got a motherfucking computer he needs a motherfuckin password for and you might have that motherfuckin password brother, so head back to him in the motherfuckin computah room and get some shit done my nigga."

@Daz

[spoili]
Credit to Behelit

[/spoili]

A glimmer of hope flashed through Norio when Steven said he had no time for further questions... until he asked another question. Of course, it should have been a simple yes or no answer, but nothing in this killing game could ever be so straightforward. With a baffled look on his face, Norio mumbled his answer.

"Sodika? Yeah, she was part of our plans..."

As soon as the words had left Norio's mouth Steven dashed off again. Not that Norio minded- he wanted time alone after all. Still, Norio was left feeling perplexed about what on Earth was in the files Steven had found, which was just another worry to add to his collection until the damned trial. Sighing, Norio made his way other to the student store, where he half halfheartedly tossed around the various junk in the search of anything relevant. No joy.

Exiting the store Norio spotted Tan approaching him, making Norio slam the door behind him in irritation. At this rate Norio might actually fall to Despair seeing how he couldn't even get ten minutes of peace in this place, despite there being only two other people left. Gritting his teeth, he nodded at Tan to acknowledge his presence, preparing to deal with whatever madness had come up this time- and madness it was.

"Steven was in the control room, right? There shouldn't be a 'motherfuckin password' for the 'motherfuckin computer' in there," Norio scorned, "Just... tell him he'll need to figure it out himself."

Done with his explanation, Norio walked off to the AV room, certain that Tan wouldn't bother him further. That guy seemed to prefer the company of his own puppets to other humans, so Norio doubted Tan would want to stick around, especially if he was just running on an errand for Steven. Thankfully that left Norio to search the AV room all by himself, a room which might actually have something of interest...​

Tan shifted to the side with a smile as he watched Norio return to whatever the hell he was doing, the puppeteer didn't really care much at that point.

And so we have a computer password that shouldn't be, huh. Whould'a thunk it? He did obviously but that was beside the point.

And with that Tan began walking back to the Control Room, casually whistling as the arguing behind him started growing more and more incoherent. Kibi and Nibi glanced behind them to find the puppets trailing behind them were starting to act more and more unpredictably, the Dark Rabbit glancing to his counterpart with a frown before turning his attention on the puppeteer.

"Oi, the hell is wrong with them? There almost more stupidly in-cohesive than usual!"

"Don't worry man, its no big deal." Tan said casually before yawning "Just relax till the trial man, we don't got much time to enjoy some down time."

"Don't you dare refuse to answer me!"

"Oh let it go Kib-Kib." Nibi said as she brought her cigarette to her lips and nodded towards Tan "He's obviously beyond listening to you at this point, mayhaps you should quiet down for a moment and just accept your inability to instill change as you are."

"For the love of fuck shut the hell up!" Kibi snarled before pointing towards her "I can't tell which you I hated more, the hopeful git from way back before we woke up in this shitshow, or this bullshit film noir depressive who can't even mournfully smoke because she HAS....NO....LUNGS!"

"Just keep yelling," she pulled the cigarette away before glancing to him "I'm sure it'll solve something."

Kibi rubbed his head before yelling to the sky "Why the hell are you all getting shittier?!? I didn't think that was possible!!!"

Tan slid inside the control room.

"Was the slide necessary?"

"Obviously necessity means nothing to him, why would you even ask such a stupid question?"

"Damn it woman!"

"Kitten."

"Piss off!"

"Yo Steve my man, guess what~?" Tan sang as he leaned against the doorway before chuckling "Chatted with Norio, he says there shouldn't be a password, guess you're just outta luck in that department pal."

@Neobullseye

...This was taking too long. The trial could start any minute, and Tanami still wasn't back. Heck, Steven wasn't even sure if the Puppeteer heard him in the first place. No, he had to take a gamble if he wanted to get any information from this thing. Biting his lip, Steven tried some of the only passwords he could think of in such a short timespan and without any other leads: 'SvenXNorio' 'Monokuma has the nicest butt on the block', "Beacon Of Hope', along with some obvious variations involving spaces and lack thereof, capitalizing each word and whatnot. Sure, he wasn't likely to get in that way, but just sitting here and doing nothing wouldn't help anyone either. Predictably though, none of them worked. Although he wasn't really expecting it to work, it still annoyed Steven.

A bit later, Tanami arrived with the password. Or rather, he arrived bearing the fact that there wasn't a password. "Wait, there's not supposed to be one?", Steven repeated. "That's... Huh." Interesting. So the password was changed (or rather added), just not the password Norio was expecting to be changed. Give us hope that we might find something, then yank the chain back just before we reach the goal. Fuck you too, Original Despair.
Well, whatever. New strategy: Guess The Password! Hoping the Original Despairs would be lazy, Steven tried some passwords that he could thnk of while trying to think like them: 'Despair', 'VesselOfDespair' 'NoticeMeSenpai' (he still wasn't sure if Sodika was not a mole) and 'UUDDLRLRBASTART' (If Kyle was the mole, then this was just the kind of password he would use... or so Steven prayed, at least.), again with some variations in the spacing, capitalisations and such. If all of that failed too, well, that would mean that he wasted quite a bit of time here. ...No,not all of it would be wasted. He still learned that this place was controlled from the outside in some way; with a bit of luck, there might be more people watchig them too then. And if that was the case, at least they knew that everything had gone to scheisse. Considering how Norio and his group managed to set this entire facility up, Steven wouldn'tbe surprised if there was a plan B of some kind. ...At least, he hoped there was, because plan A had gone off-track so much that the train was flying up into the sky making barrel rolls at this point, however that worked. In addition, it's not like just ayone had enough experience with computers to do something like this; hacking into the computer from a distance and changing the passwords.
"This isn't going to work", he muttered as he rose from his chair. "I think we'll have to come back here later if we get the actual password from somewhere. For future reference, the password foor the door is -- and don't judge me for this, I didn't make this one up -- anyway, the password is 'Monokuma has the nicest butt on the block'. "
Steven got up from his chair, walked towards the door, then stopped. "No, wait. Of course that's not going to work. The whole reason I made you walk down is because the Original Despairs might change the password, like they did with the computer. ...Can you keep the door open for me for a moment? I'll go get something to keep the door open." With that, Steven headed into the nearest classroom, picked up a chair, dragged it back to the Control Room, then placed that in front of the door to stop it from closing. "There. Now we can get back in here later, if we ever find something resembling a computer password. "

"So, I presume you've been to the offices then, Tanami? Found anything there?", Steven asked, before offering his own information first. "I found a file on the fifth floor that talks about everything we did to set this thing up. You, Norio, I, even all of the others...", he started, only to stop himself. He didn't want to think too much about the dead right now. Besides, that wasn't entirely accurate anyway. " ...Well, I say 'all', but there were a few names missing from the list. Erin wasn't supposed to be here in the first place, and Sodika wasn't mentioned in it at all for some reason... I'm not sure why, and I don't really feel like guessing, but the fact that she wasn't mentioned at all could very well be important. Also, the Despairs knew about our plans from the beginning; their logo was chalked all over every single page, which further implies that whoever is that Original Despair person was a rat from the very beginning."

Steven waited for a moment to give Tanami the chance to share his information too, if the Puppeteer wanted to do so in the first place. If he did, great. If he didn't, he was bound to do so at the trial anyway, so no big loss there.
"...Okay, moving on to checking out the rest of this place. How about this. I'm going to check the southern part of this room, while you check out the northern part. Then we can work down the third floor afterwards, then move down from there."
Steven was just about to leave when he had another idea. "...Actually, wait a minute. What if 'There's not a password' means exactly that? There's not a password at all -- or rather, the password is a blank entry?" Walking back to the computer, Steven tried the last thing he could think of without any other clues; simply pressing enter without filling in anything in the password screen. If that failed, he would move on to the classrooms on the fourth floor, to see if there was anything interesting in there.

@GrieveWriter
@The Tragedy

Last edited:
Nothing. Unlike the classroom on the fifth floor, this classroom seemed like just any ordinary one. Steven shrugged, then headed to the chemistry lab, expecting Tanami to head to the only other remaining room on this floor. ...AFTER first picking up his cap again. The thing had served its purpose as a sign; now it was time for it to serve its more ordinary purpose on top of Steven's head once more.

[spoili]
Credit to Behelit

[/spoili]

Even the AV room, one of the few rooms Norio had hope for, was empty. At least the bleak outcomes of Norio's search couldn't really dampen his spirits, seeing as he felt rock bottom low. No, the only way from here was up… or being turned into one of the Despairs. Which at this rate didn't seem unlikely, considering the current lack of leads. All Norio could do was drag himself to the next room, continuing his futile search. Thus Norio went over to the two classrooms on the first floor, where he searched the desks for any sort of clues as to who the traitor may be.

@The Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.