Bleach: Fractured Souls (IC)

tMjq9lq.png

TAILING: Ikeda (@EmperorsChosen), Wreaver (@RiddL) and Maekawa (@Artorias)

It seemed as if the woman had more in her than the Hollow had anticipated. The barrier flew up around her with a frightening speed that gave the Hollow a millisecond of pause as the littlest of the Shinigami side-stepped to its flank and let loose a swipe with something sharp and long - a sword, a real weapon, something that could have a bit of sting to it - but it wasn't about to be outdone.

No, it instead dashed around the corner of the barrier, using the box as a shield to block the incoming swipe of air headed in its direction, skittering back as it reassessed its prey. They were far, far, far stronger than the morsels that it had tracked down, the souls that had been slower than molasses. These... they could almost keep up with it on foot alone, and that seemed to put a bit of a bug in the thing's craw as it chewed over the fact in its mind. Fire boiled in its mouth like a guttering furnace as it spent the next three seconds reevaluating.

It was still so terribly hungry, and these morsels - too good to pass up. Who knew when it could eat this good again, before those evil fleshly ones took hold of it and stuffed it back in a cage, to be glared down by eyes unseeing. No, it needed to get it while the getting was good, and evidently a frontal assault was the least fruitful of endeavors. It made a noise, a sort of creaking crossed between a death rattle and a cat's purr, before wholly disappearing in a flash - its Reiryoku so overwhelmingly powerful in the area that pinpointing would be like standing in front of a mountain and being asked to locate the peak from the bottom. It was hiding somewhere in the graveyard, yes, deceptively stealthy for its size, but it was hard to tell where exactly.

yTEk4k1.png

Rather than stand on ceremony and wait to be beheaded, the Lieutenant had a good time doing a balancing act upon the heads of those beneath her, ankles sometimes grabbed and yanked, only to be met with a shoe to the face. There was no point to keeping up the act now - she could see that Kairi had foregone her own disguise, jumping into the ring to fight a few of the thugs, handily taking a few out.

Minori tripped, stumbled, and lunged her way towards the ring, using Kuzuebiko to somewhat scare the hoard back. What they really needed was a bigger distraction, something to get them headed in a different direction --

The idea hit her just as she managed to get down to the ground, pushed back against the barrier to the pit.

"500,000 KAN TO WHOEVER BRINGS ME THE RINGLEADER'S HEAD! GOTEI 13 GUARANTEE!" she roared into the crowd,

Ikeda is going to fry me when he gets back. That's over half our annual budget.

The crowd halted momentarily as it became evident that the proposal had floored them. 500,000 kan. Enough to even start a noble house. Enough to spend the rest of your unearthly life in a very nice hotel, boozed and floozied until your liver gives out. And given by the Gotei 13, too - no small feat! However, Minori could still see the hesitation on their faces. She screwed up her own as she growled out, "FINE! AND YOUR CRIMINAL RECORD WILL BE EXPUNGED."

That got people moving.

Suddenly, the tide turned as the people nearest Nori began to turn back, looking frantically for Imada Nobu, the ringleader. Nori breathed a small sigh of relief, though her stomach cramped, thinking of having to explain to Ikeda the deal she'd had to make to save her own neck, not to mention the horrible taste in her mouth admitting that Imada was worth so much. She jumped into the ring, heading towards Kairi.

"We've been in the building 4 minutes! 26 minutes left!" Nori shouted, checking to make sure her shikai was still inaccessible. "I don't know where Imada is --"

Suddenly, three lower level Shinigami dropped into the ring with them, all wearing kabuki masks - one with a standard katana, another with a naginata, and another with what appeared to be a medieval flail.

"Looks like Imada wants to keep us busy while he gets out," Nori grumbled.

km0piar-png.153086

The Pit
Hanabi and the big man were already consumed within their own full blown brawl. They both consecutively traded blows over and over each landing with an impact that could almost be heard up in the cheap seats. The captain's left hook sinks into the large man's liver receiving a low groan of pain as the man retaliates with a hammer blow down onto Hanabi's head. The force of the impact traveling down through the red head's body causing two small craters to form beneath her feet. The woman's grin was hardly that of a sane or normal human at this point as she was having too much fun. She grappled the man's arm and slammed him down into the dirt causing a small quake. She quickly lifted her foot to stomp down onto his head but the man rolled out of the way, quickly got to his feet and shoulder charged the captain as he roared pushing her all the way to the pit's wall and smashed her into it cratering a section of the wall and sending debris scattering in all directions.

The captain's head lulled back slightly only for her to begin laughing as the man held her there and began to punch into her gut and face repeatedly; however her speech and attitude seemed unimpeded by the onslaught. "This is so much fucking fun~" Another blow lands with an echoing thud. "I can actually feel your blows~" Another blow lands. "I can actually enjoy a decent fight~!" The red head reached forward with her one hand and clasped it around the man's face (primarily around his mouth) as she grinned and began to squeeze. The man frantically grabbed at the woman's one arm trying to grab and push it away but to his horror it wouldn't budge as he felt her fingernails practically digging into his head and face.

She twisted her body rapidly as she slammed the man into the nearby wall causing more debris to scatter and fall. The man hardly had time to groan from the violent impact as the sadistic captain partially dragged his body through another portion of the wall before throwing him hard into a group of three ruffians causing them all to violently fall over. The large man's face was covered in blood as he began to asses everything that'd just happened. Meanwhile Hanabi who appeared plenty bruised but seemingly uncaring about her injuries began to close the distance between herself and her opponent; mute to all of the other actions of everything else going on around her. Her visage or expression was that more of a demon or monster at this point with a crazed look in her eyes. "Come on, stand the fuck up~! I know you can still fight~! If you're alive that means the fight ain't over yet~!"

Last edited:
8th Division Captain
Kallen Kurenai
Issan District

Outside the 45th warehouse, the 8th Captain stood as she kept an eye on particular escapees. Behind her was a small group already incapacitated and bound together as those awake would seem to be shaken. With spiritual pressure being negated in the area, Captain Kurenai looked to capture these men under different methods. "Curious really.. Well, Lieutenant Veritahl's men will assure no one gets away but if any of the 2nd are involved in this, they certainly know their heads will carry a much more serious toll than anyone else'... Should there really be traitors within their ranks, they've lost themselves to madness going against Shuzo. They would suffer a fate far kinder and simpler under the 11th's care and that's a shocking margin.. as for my division.. well when this is over and I find out the numbers... well, I'm going to have to do a bit of house cleaning and reassessments. No one toys with my files... Well, I do hope they're enjoying themselves inside. If the men following us do their job, no one gets out of the area, but those coming in... Well, that's where the fun begins. There's too many valuable people here, should it collapse here, it'll be the end of that. Desperation among other emotions start to settle in. They've played a long game but it's time we've closed the book..."

Smirking to herself as her tails waved idly about, "So then, our wonderful hosts.. How will you tend to your guests? Will you give them more entertainment? Or attempt to pull the curtain.. My my what will it be?~"​

uRl9bI1.jpg

SOUL SOCIETY
WotL - NAGOYA CITY - EXPO CENTER
KASHIWABARA HAJIME

The Captain's took over immediately. Hajime could do nothing but stand back and listen to the both of them. Restraining the Hollow, and giving the Lieutenant an opportunity to do something. Kagesutchi and Yukimura-san were able to keep the abomination in check. They coordinated well and fast.

"Yes, I'll get right on it!" Quickly, Hajime sent a message through a Hell Butterfly, but even for him, releasing the limiters was odd. Was this Hollow that dangerous? It had a consciousness. It could speak, and was smart, but what else? Not giving it much thought, Hajime readied his blade.

Like Captain Yukimura, he too released his Zanpakutō. "Sunder those in your path, Gōka Rensakishin!" In a mere moment, his Zanpakutō was different. It turned into a glaive. Hilt as long as a spear's. A chain wrapped around his right arm, almost going all the way up to his shoulder.

Not giving the Hollow the chance to break away from its position, Hajime dashed forward, decreasing his distance from the Hollow in a great manner. He aimed for under the plates, to penetrate past the rock that was the monster before them.

@RedArmyShogun @Karyra @Artorias

Reactions: Detective Zero
90aa10ae478e595d86a22844cf61d995.jpg

@Akashi, @Karyra , @RedArmyShogun

The group had coordinated their attacks, strange purple poles that didn't seem dangerous held him in place. His eyes glancing to them to see they weren't meant for damage and he had misjudged their intended purpose. Shifting, the energy began to crack and break as he was about to break free before the other two loafs decided to coordinate an attack together. One above him with a spear, trying to be a muscle head and break through his armor with a kido based attack? The next came in, aiming to get underneath the scales but he would not let that happen.

As Hajime's blade came close to reaching a weak spot in the armor, the beast released a massive amount of spiritual pressure that would thwart the attacks on him and push the two back and away. The rooftop breaking and crumbling as holes opened up, a shockwave rippling through the air that caused windows to shatter as glass rained from the sky. It had released its true power, the energy so strong that the Captains would be forced to actually try against this beast.

As his attackers were pushed away, its eyes beamed towards the woman who stayed a buildings length away. She was keeping her distance for a reason, right? So that would be his first target, the one who would eat first! Unleashing a roar that sounded like it came from the depths of hell itself, it shot forward from the rooftop at incredible speeds straight for Kayami!

Qpno2SH.png

Expo Center
World of the Living
This was no time for the limiter to be in place. This monster was making a mockery of them. Shuzo had the forethought to try and slip through unnoticed, happily telling those that when he went to the World of the Living it was not because he was going to make an inelegant mess any other time. But still, this time he had played by the rules and where had it gotten him?

He should allow no emotion cross his face. He had been an assassin first and foremost, and playing diplomat had gotten him nowhere. His mouth was a flat line, faint with irritation. This beast... should be eradicated from the face of this world. All of them deserved to burn.

"Reveal thy true nature, Shini Kiba."
The ribbons seemed to burn away, quietly vanishing. Silence occurred as nothing else seemed to happen, but the beast was inching closer and closer to Yukimura. "You are all bound to a gag order regarding my Bankai. Knowing that I was forced to use it against such filth, it brings only the fact that I spent too long toying with it to my attention. This battle serves us no purpose."

Six spears erupted from in from of Yukimura. Forming a spear wall, the beats would either dodge or be run through by the spears. The armor would block most of it, but the two that fell from above would no doubt hit hard enough to pin, and if they didn't they were angled to aim under the plates.

With a quick Shunpo, Shuzo was behind the spear wall as well, already chanting his next round of kido. His spear grew more and more bright by the word, and by the final set of words, it was bright enough to light up the whole roof. "Hadō #78. Zangerin."

With a swipe of the spear, an arching blast of energy was on a collision course with the beast.

His words had been calm, his actions measured.

Shuzo had shown no outward signs of his bloodlust, like he had been trained by the house of the Second Division. No one could sense it at this moment in time without looking.

But the hate... the hate in his eyes told anyone the whole story.

@RedArmyShogun @Akashi @Artorias

Reactions: RedArmyShogun
World of the Living - Nagoya City Expo Center - City Streets
lp0wKKz.png
Smirking as the beast came closer, Yukimura was weighing the decision to break her own seal and use her own Bankai, even if it would entrap her allies in it's effects. With a twisted Grin it was fairly clear what had to be done, if the beast wanted to feed on energy, well that was fine, he would have that and a dislocated head.

However suddenly and with little warning it seemed her fellow Captain made some whispers she was privy to all but true. "I did tell you it was dangerous.. But alas.."

While a bit lower on the list when compared to her partner and his spear wall, Kayami had her own tactic in mind, snaking her blade between the spears she had no intention of running away, if that armored beast survived Shuzo, she would not make the mistake of being left looking like a fool when the smoke cleared.

"Hadō #11. Tsuzuri Raiden." Saying this fairly calmly between narrowed teeth, it was a fairly weak spell by some accounts, minus in it's utility and in this case the beast seemed to have acidic properties and a metallic like skin, in effect a living battery. All it needed was to be charged up and when a battery received too much energy, or rather when acid was too energized under pressure... At least it should, the creature shouldn't be an energy conduit.

"Would you kindly explode? As I said, but Alas poor Yorik, we knew him well!"

As her sword segmented and seemingly ignore the laws of reality around her, the soon to be destroyed building would add to the fragments, either way it was insurance to ensure the beast died. Either way Shuzo had saved her a bit of trouble, but mistakes would not be made once more.

"Lieutenant.. do be Alert and do assist..oh and do watch for raining Acid.." Pumping out energy the spell being controlled at her level was more of a continuous effect, provided the Bankai didn't just finish it right off, her improvised high voltage Tazer or the Lieutenant would. If someone else had a connection to all of this, they would be dealt with as well..

Provided this situation didn't get more complicated... Provided her plan worked, organics made terrible explosives, for the applications to bomb making was for the energy to escape the least point of resistance.

@Akashi @Artorias @Karyra

Last edited:
l7R8QY6.png
This was annoying. Truly, Hollows were known to be malicious beings, spirits bound by gluttony and sorrow to roam the earth. It seemed now they were also creations comparable to trolls. Sword stabs the spirit, the spirit goes away. It was supposed to be that simple. However this monster seemed intent on zipping around like a cockroach, skidding away and vanishing into the surroundings. Its spiritual pressure remained strong, indicating it was still nearby, but it would not be simple to locate its exact position. Lowering his weapon, the youngest of the trio glanced around. Really? It was going to play hide and seek?

"I am so not putting up with this," Ikeda remarked having half a mind to just use his shikai and incinerate everything in the area. Still, he assumed it better to use more accurate methods.

Looking to his partners, he wouldn't be able to pinpoint the Hollow's location himself.

"...Well, Senpai," He prodded his seniors with a tone of sarcasm. "Can either of you track it or should I just napalm the vicinity?"

Thinking on it, this Hollow was a rather peculiar thing. It possessed a certain craftiness. Most of its kind only appeared to hold on to an bestial level of intellect, though there were some that showed awareness befitting more evolved existences. Likely it had been feasting for a while now, growing in power and mental capacity, though it was strange for a Hollow with any manner of thought above instinct to be so hell-bent on combat with the three. Most of these kinds would make use of cheap tactics in order to tackle the threat of even multiple unseated Shinigami. Yet here were three first-seats, significantly more powerful than any the hunter had faced. Why was it tempting fate with a direct fight?

@Artorias @RiddL @Doctor Jax

• Love
Reactions: Doctor Jax

1478126392370_image.jpg

5th division captain
"lady Tac?!" Yoshitaka says looking at the Lt with a shocked look on his face. When she announced a counter offer to the attackers.His jaw slightly drops when he she adds in a clean slate, "o dear" the captain says shaking his head while letting out a sigh. ~ what have i gotten my self into~. During the uproar of Yoshitaka leaps into the pit and kicks the half dead giant sending him flying towards the exit of the warehouse. " i think the man has had enouph captain " Yoshitaka says with an apologetic tone before pointing at the three shinigami who had just appeared.
" but i think these lads believe that they can best you" He says trying to direct Kempachi's blood lust away from him.

"Uh.. im just going to stand back here" Yoshitaka says side stepping out of Kempachi's line of sight. " you know what, maybe I'll probably just sit out of this one" He says nervously as he leaps back put of the pit not wanting to anger Kempachi any further.

jmHU66L.png

This Hollow was cunning. It was different than Hollows she had hunted years ago when she was younger and a lower rank. Even so her face was neutral, showing no emotion as the beast hid within the cemetery. The spiritual pressure was still high, masking its location to most but Maekawa could locate it if she took a second.

Eyes closed as Ikeda blabbered on about wanting someone else to deal with this because he could find it. "There." Maekawa pointed her finger in a direction, eyes opening as spiritual energy began to spark on the tip of her finger. "Jugeki Byakurai..." She spoke in the monotonous tone that she always held as she fired off a Modified Hado #4, much stronger than a simple Byakurai, in the direction of the hollow.

"This will not be an easy fight Captain Ikeda." They still had limiters placed on, and she intended to keep it on and defeat this beast without resorting to her Shikai. Bankai would be overkill. "If you wish to end this faster, call for your limiter to be removed and use your full force." Prolonged fights may not be Ikeda's strong suit since the boy was lazy and as he put it 'couldn't be bothered' to do something so tedious.

Reactions: Detective Zero
dMjphf3.png

Accompanying: Capt Maekawa (@Artorias) and Capt Ikeda (@EmperorsChosen)
Pursuing/Combating: Firebrand (@Doctor Jax)

Wreaver stood back as the Hollow darted past him faster than he was expecting, something that rankled him deeply that he had misjudged an enemy as he had, letting a growl loose in his throat he immediately readied himself for battle, pulling his weapon into a ready position then moved back to his comrades. "Release the limiter only as a last resort, we don't know if they are others watching us and I'd rather not use our full strength to kill only one. I'd suggest this, Maekawa, narrow it down and continue harassing it, Ikeda, you're faster than I am, chase it around and keep its attention divided between you, make it look like I'm the least dangerous of the three of us. Hopefully it'll charge me, if it does, I'll strike it down and make sure it stays down." He said calmly, keeping his voice at a level that only they would be able to hear.

A small smile ghosted over his face and disappeared again, replaced by a determined look and a fire in his eyes, "As much as I love a good fight to draw out, this one is different from others that we have dealt with before and I'd rather deal with it before it becomes more than a nuisance. I'm more than a little suspicious that there might be someone pulling this ones strings, keep an eye out while we deal with this thing." He said, turning his attention to the fight before him, muscles tensing and loosening as he readied himself to strike the enemy before them.

xZdzG08.png

45th Issan Warehouse

It was creeping in like a drug, this adrenaline. A sickeningly sweet madness considered to some, elation to those studious to the craft. It may have been both for Kairi, or one or the other. Time moved, and so did she, looking for the next clown that wanted a go at her. Surrounded more than before, bruised and cut, she didn't care. The world had slowly gone silent to her as only guttural yells of battle would echo. One by one she stopped playing around bit by bit, each attack growing in fluidity and strength. Kairi could feel it overwhelming her, after each blow given and received. The limits of spritual pressure being nullified mattered not to the amazoness, nor did it seem to matter for the Kenpachi either, not in the least. Weak points were still targets, incapacitations more dangerous.

One move after another, they ticked away at her like a clock. It had been about twenty-three hits earlier she started to use their own weapons against them, had they been foolish enough to keep up this facade. Somewhere, the lieutenant had gotten cut across her back, resulting in the offender finding his own sword through his calf, pinned to the floor. She was starting to cut the numbers down now, disabling further retaliation; breaking fingers, hands, feet. Dislocating bones from their sockets to destroying key tendons, the fighters would continue to try and bring the dogged lieutenant down. All had gone silent then... SssSsssshhHhhHHhhink!... The Lieutenant's zanpakuto was finally drawn. As long as a Nodachi, the blade held an intimidation akin to her own height. Clashing blades already with one of the ring flunkies, the stare in her violet eyes was enough to shake the man's resolve. Turning the blade to its back, Kairi struck him down hard as he was sent backwards.

"That's right... We are wolves surrounded by fakers and those with dull fangs... Hnhn.."
Lieutenant Veritahl had begun to hum, with small chuckles hidden in the undertone, "Come on... 'The night is still young,' we're not done, or has a true apex' howls started to resonate through your very souls?... Most of you aren't even pups.. Come on then....... No?.." Those lines steadily went through her mind, some uncertain she even spoke any of it as their weight still bore down its message.

"If you've lost your resolve towards this falsehooded place you want to call 'entertainment' and your crime.. Then just cower and be still.. For you thought to be true predators, let me show you what true wolves.. Warriors.. Demons-.. Look like..."

Letting out a chuckle and a large, toothy grin, Kairi suddenly had bolted for the other side of the ring. There, another was having their fun toying and breaking the opposition; Kenpachi. Without warning, Kairi's blade would find itself plunged into the sand clear in front of Hanabi's peripherals before the Captain would be greeted by an all too familiar fist, one Kairi was thrillingly wishing Hanabi would catch. Her violet eyes staring back to the Kenpachi's, Kairi had that look in her eye that would make Hanabi smile, "What do you say, Hanabi~?... Let's give them a taste of what a real hunter looks like.. We've been waiting on that spar all day., and I say fuck the collateral here." Laughing out only once, Kairi was carrying that all-too-well-known shit-eating grin. "Let's give them a well-needed distraction.. All three parties for win-win situations.." To what she referred by three, was to either pacify or rile up more of the crowd to their attention; lessen the load towards Minori and Captain Ishioka; and perhaps enough noise to draw out the fools in hiding.

"Your blood's screaming for a good one too, isn't it?... Time for enough words? Eh, Ha-na-bi-chan?"

Last edited:
km0piar-png.153086

Hanabi stopped walking abruptly as she watched and listened to Captain Yoshitaka bring a sudden end to the enjoyment she was having at hand. She titled her head to one side with an annoyed expression as she glared at the man. Of course expectingly he tried to divert her attention elsewhere before darting off though her gaze stayed locked into him for a good few moments longer than he'd probably feel comfortable with before the red head finally looked elsewhere; specifically the three lower leveled shinigami wearing masks. If only Yoshitaka knew what poor fate he'd just cursed upon these three souls.

With a fresh coating of irritation the female captain suddenly dashed kicking up a dust cloud behind her and was upon the three stunned shinigami in an instant. The katana wielding shinigami instinctually raised up his sword ready to slash downwards but in the blink of an eye the back of Hanabi's fist backhanded into the side of the adversary's head; shattering a large chunk of the mask in the process as well as sending the fool skidding across the rough sand of the pit with a feminine scream.

Then the naginata user lunged at the side of the captain's head hoping for surprise blow. The blow struck alright but it didn't have the effect the attacker had hoped for. Hanabi had turned to face the blade and counter lunged uncaring about the bladed pole arm as it sliced into the left side of her cheek drawing blood. Her eyes were fixated with driven anger while behind the mask the naginata user watched in brief terror at the sight before a familiar left fist smashed dead on into the front of his mask; shattering it entirely as blood from a presumably now broken nose and cuts. The man dropped his polearm as the force of the blow sent him flying into the nearby pit wall, cratering it as he let out a masculine grown of agony before slumping over.

Lastly, the man with the flail had not already backed away not too far away from the outer wall, desperately clenching his medieval flail. Without missing a beat Hanabi kicked the naginata that had dropped to the ground up into the air next to her so she could catch the shaft in her hand and tossed the weapon like a javelin as it impaled into the wall right next to the final shinigami's head. The flail wielding was physically shaking in terror which was most likely do to the fact that the blunt end of the weapon is what pierced through the makeshift wall. The man that still retained his mask watched as the captain approached him. He slid down the wall of the pit till his butt met the sandy floor. Upon reaching him Hanabi's foot kicked hard into the horrified man's stomach as he held it there afterwards and fell over onto his side. Without a single hint of mercy the man's head was stomped on by Hanabi; a sudden cry of pain emanated from the man beneath. It was clear now that she was taking out her frustration and anger on these poor souls at this point. The downward pressure of sandaled foot against cranium slowly increased as did the man's pleas but they fell on deaf ears.

Thankfully however, his life was saved as Hanabi's focus was suddenly diverted as she could feel the all too familiar battle lust of a certain lieutenant. The red head hardly even needed to look as she raised her one hand to catch the incoming fist of the blue haired amazonian with a loud thudding smack emanating from the collision. The red head twisted her head to one side so that her blue eyes met Kairi's violet gaze. Kairi's expression and words did indeed draw the captain's smile back out as she tightened the grip she had on the lieutenants fist. "They did go through the trouble of building this little stage for us~" With that the captain pivoted and swiftly yet casually tossed Kairi about halfway across the pit like arena, she could easily tumble out of the toss and land on her feet.

"Try not to die, alright~?" Was all kenpachi said as she slowly drew her zanpakuto; a long nodachi with a barbaric design which was riddled with fangs and loosely wrapped dark brown leather. Even without her spiritual pressure this action attracted the attention of numerous people who'd just happened to glance and take notice; it was like a watching Death himself bring forth his trademark scythe; a clear sign that deaths were soon to be forthcoming. The captain casually rested the back of the blade against her shoulders as fresh blood continued to drip down her cut cheek down past her now toothy grin.

@Detective Zero
@Kazuaki Yoshioka

90aa10ae478e595d86a22844cf61d995.jpg

The beast watched as powers were unleashed and defenses were built. It had done what it was tasked to do, but it was not happy with the outcome of this. He wanted to feast, to eat and consume these tasty shinigami but they had to put up a fight. One revealed its bankai and the others had shown some form of power or tactic one way or another. Trying to pry for any more information would result in an outcome the Hollow knew would be inevitable. It wanted to fight, wanted to kill but there were too many that were as strong as him. If it was just one of them he could handle it.

As the combined attack inched closer to the beast in the mid-air, it released a toxin from its mouth that connected with the attack and soon a massive explosion happened where the beast was. Green goo, presumably blood, shot out from the smoke along with small chunks of white bone armor and the sudden disappearance of spiritual pressure from the Hollow.

As the smoke began to settle, there was no sign of a body. All that was left was green acidic blood eating into the buildings and road down below, along with its white bone armor that varied in sizes of chunks scattered across the rooftop, road and other places.

WORLD OF THE LIVING
NAGOYA CITY - MAGO PARK
GOTO & FUYUKI

Goto kept a genuine smile plastered on his face. Yes, the Shinigami before him were all surprised or rather, confused. It was to be expected. Keeping a silent demeanor while they asked their questions, about who they were and how they know about their protectors.

"Now now, don't be so eager to draw out your zanpakutō Shinigami-tachi." Goto glanced at the three of them, but in particular, looked more thoroughly towards the one who arrived the last.

"Hmm.." Tilting his head to the side, he gave Fuyuki a look. The anger plastered on her face was a clear given. She had something against the Shinigami, but that was to be revealed later, if anything.

"I'm a professor, or better yet, a scientist. We've been doing a thorough investigation and research here in the city. Into you, the Shinigami, who're here to protect us. I mean, you are here because of that right?" A rhetorical question escaped Goto's mind. The old man was not done explaining.

"I believe you should save your strength for what is to come."

"Now please, walk with me, dear Shinigami-san." Turning to his side, he began to walk down the park. Fuyuki walked next to him, while their protectors were right behind them. Confused, shocked, surprised or whatever.

"If you're wondering how we're able to see you.. Well, we're one of the few gifted in this world, who are spiritually aware. Have you ever stumbled upon someone like us?"

A shrieking scream could be heard across the park, past a few buildings, likely on a rooftop. Stopping in his track, he looked in its direction. A sigh escaped his lips. "I guess I'll have to cut my conversation short."

"I believe there is something you'll have to take care of. The people up ahead are in imminent danger." Smiling, Goto glanced at the Shinigami.

"If you're able to kill it, or incapacitate it, you're welcome to meet me again." Looking towards the Shinigami who showed up at the end, he spoke up again.

"I've seen you before, and I assume you have as well."

"Ahh, and before I leave you three, I'll have to introduce myself. My name is Sasakibara, Goto. And this here, is Kurosawa, Fuyuki." The shrieking scream could be heard once again. There wasn't much time before this beast would go on a rampage, destroying anything in its path. An unseen adversary to the humans, but not to the Shinigami.

"You guys should hurry. And don't worry. I'm sure we'll meet again."

@Cush Almighty @Red Thunder

Reactions: Cush Almighty
World of the Living - Nagoya City Expo Center - City Streets
lp0wKKz.png

Not wasting a moment, Kayami makes use of her Shunpo skills to quickly leave the scene of burning acid and carnage as the cloud initially appeared, having expected this from her own efforts.. or at least partially.

Her jaw twitching slowly, this was problematic, the humans could not be allowed to learn too much, the damnable things were typically not one to leave solid.. or rather an acidic remains behind. Considering if the creature were truly dead or not at the least it's signature had vanished, but there was still the problem of containment and lack of communication from the other teams nor from their aide on this side.

So much for being in charge.

"Well no helping it. Captain Kagesutchi, if our dear Lieutenant is still alive..or you for that matter.. If you can, find the Mod Soul with my Gigai... After that well.. if you two can see to it, the humans should get a mysterious push from the area, I'm going to make use of the human infrastructure to erase this mistake. I had wanted the creature trapped in that one building, but now it's scattered about in a way that should not be possible..

Even if the spiritually unaware cannot see him, burning btis of blood and gore, things clearly not human are here for all to see."

Shaking her head this was a bit difficult to deal with but they had only mere minutes till the Humans would arrive. Even if electronic surveillance didn't show the beast it would the aftermath plus the leftover remains and acidic blood with bits of bone had marked the area to leave little doubt of what happened, even if it was one the humans did not want to accept.

"You two are to help in what manner you can to evacuate the local block. Use whatever means to disrupt the Chain of command via electronic sabotage." Pausing a bit she didn't think they could

"Actually, leave that to me... Afterwards I'm going to blow up this whole block again, with a human fuel truck or the main gas line....hmm yes that could work nicely. Yes let the humans think it's terrorism.."

Putting her right hand under her chin cupping in contemplation as the smoke and acid clears, the Mad Scientist keeps speaking aloud, as if mostly to herself.

"Unless either of you have a better plan, this is the only way I can think of. I rather not but it is what it is. Speak up if you have suggestions, otherwise we bury this mistake and make for the warehouse, I want to know what the other teams are up to, a great many things about this bothers me."

@Akashi @Karyra

Last edited:
YrLUAXy_d.jpg

the World of the Living | Nagoya City Park

"I've seen you before, and I assume you have as well."

Aiji glanced back over his shoulder at the old man. The Shinigami had spun about at the screams, noting with some concern that they were not typical of a human. Shrill and high, they were both far more and far less. And this Gato seemed to know something of them. This was worrisome, as the old man may have set the whole ordeal up as a kind of trap, particularly if he was as knowledgeable of their world as he claimed.

"I have seen you, yes, though I didn't think much of you at the time." That impression had certainly changed. "You think we'll meet again? We absolutely will.

"Kenta!" The young man in the gigai shifted his focus from Gato to Aiji, his back stiffening minutely before he realized that he was still technically undercover. The Third Captain pointed back in the direction of the shrieks, which had become a good deal more piercing and desperate. "I'm going to go handle the Hollow; you stay with these two humans. Make note of whatever they get up to; I don't trust them as far as I can throw them."

Kenta for his part opened his mouth to protest, but Aiji pointed a finger at the boy.

"Consider this disciplinary action for failing to abide by fundamental infiltration tactics. You never readily compromise an ally's circumstance, particularly those of your superiors. Yasuke, you're welcome to come, though I can't imagine a simple Hollow should provide too much trouble. I'm honestly more concerned about these two."

Shoulders slumped, Kenta nodded with a muttered Yes, sir. It wasn't fun, this kind of escort duty, but he wasn't about to contradict a Captain. Without waiting for a reply from his friend, Aiji sprinted off, vanishing from sight in an impressive display of raw speed. For all his posturing to Yasuke, he was entirely unsure with what he might encounter, and he wanted to save every last bit of his small pool of reiatsu for the fight ahead. Coming to the foot of the buildings, he crouched and leapt, reaching the top of the thirty or so stories in a brief moment. Alighting on the pipe railing, he paused to survey before leaping forward once again.

@Akashi @Cush Almighty

yasuke-noboru-7th-div-capt-banner-png.153425

Living World - Nagoya City - Mago Park

His knowledge, that was what worried Yasuke the most. How did this man even learn of the existence of Shinigami and their tools in the first place? It could be assumed that he met a Shinigami once before and somehow got them to divulge information on their main weapon, the Zanpakuto. How much did this man know? When he mentioned he was 'studying' Shinigami, Yasuke eye's narrowed and started graining his teeth behind the cover of his closed mouth. "Interesting." The living had no right to probe into existence of the Shinigami and the worlds beyond theirs. For millennia Shinigami had protected the living souls as their shepherds and them their herd of sheep.

The man's smile only served to irritate Yasuke further. What normal person has a smile on their face when surrounded by three strangers? No signs of stress at all, but rather all the signs of confidence. He invited them to walk with him and his assistant who had a bitter look on her face since they had approached Kenta. He ignored her for now, most of Yasuke's focus was on the old scientist who was doing all the talking.

When they starting walking away from them, part of Yasuke wanted to yank the old man by his collar and throw him to the ground like he would do his own subordinates for disrespecting him in such a way. Yasuke took a deep breath and calmed himself before following close behind them. He hoped they wouldn't try anything stupid, but part of him wouldn't mind it if they did. He would love to watch that obnoxious smile leave the old geezer's face and match that of his assistant.

The scientist goes on to explain that he and his assistant are spiritually aware which was obvious. Still, that fact did little to clear any suspicion in Yasuke's eyes or anyone else's. They then heard the ear-piercing screech of a beast coming from a rooftop close the park...convenient. He didn't even try to hide the fact that he was related to this sudden hollow appearance, he might as well just confess. Once he reviled his name and that of his assistant, Yasuke finally spoke up.

"Sorry Sasakibara, you two are going to wait here with the Lieutenant while my partner and I eliminate whatever we find."
He says taking his eyes off of them and turning towards the direction of the Hollow's shriek. "We'll be back in 5 minutes or so, my friends and I have many things we are dying to ask you so please stay put." Yasuke then turned to Lt. Kenta and walked over to him. He placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a friendly smile. "Now Lieutenant, don't screw this up. We'll be back shortly and if anything goes wrong just shoot a Kido spell in the air and I'll come to help. I hope it doesn't have to come to that, their only humans after all."

Yasuke then took his hand off Kenta's shoulder and vanished with a shunpo. Aiji could probably handle it himself, but its been a long time since he's even seen a Hollow, let alone fight one. If anything, he'll just get to watch Aiji in action. It was fun to watch someone else fight, almost as fun as being in one. The thrill you fill in combat is like no other, any Shinigami with a love for fighting could tell you that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Thunder
WORLD OF THE LIVING
NAGOYA CITY - MAGO PARK
GOTO & FUYUKI

Allowing the Shinigami to have a conversation with one another, Goto and Fuyuki merely waited for them to take action. "Looks can be deceiving, now can't they?" A heartfelt laugh escaped the old man's lips, clearly referring to what the Shinigami he had seen earlier at the park had said.

A threat was out there, A special hollow at that. They were not the only ones who were dealing with something unique and terrifying, the others like them were as well. Goto and his team was prepared, and what came next was also going to depend on their "adversaries".

Once two of the three Shinigami had disappeared, Goto merely had his hands clasped behind his back, looking in the direction of the hollow that was making some awful sounds. If he was any closer, perhaps his ears would bleed. "Fuyuki, what do you think?"

Glancing in her direction, they were both silent for a mere moment. The only Shinigami that was holding them there was a young man, or perhaps, a lot older then the both of them, but an inexperienced Shinigami, perhaps? Goto was unsure, but it didn't really matter.

"I think we should move onto the next stage."

"None of you are going anywhere." the third Shinigami spoke up. "Hmm.." Curious, Goto was able to see that others around the park could see him unlike the two who had gone to take care of the hollow.

"What's so special about you? How can the others see you?" Goto took a step forward.

Kenta was guarded and ready. "Oh, don't worry, I'm an old man who has a curious mind. I'm not dangerous.. But the hollows are."

"Now, care to tell me how you're... Visible to the rest?" Goto wanted to know more about this particular Shinigami, and what made him different.

Kenta was curious, suspicious and eager. "I don't have to tell you anything. Stay put and the Captains will return once the hollow is dealt with!"

"Nothing we haven't handled before."

Goto laughed at Kenta's words. "Oh, this is different." Turning to his side, he gave Fuyuki a simple look.

"As you wish.." A few last words before something unusual happened below Fuyuki's feets. Flickering green luminescence, and within a second she disappeared, before she appeared right before Kenta. A hard punch right in his stomach. Kenta was immediately unconscious.

Before the people around the park could notice anything, Fuyuki disappeared once again after green luminescence flickered beneath her feets, however, this time with Kenta.

Goto looked in the direction of the hollow the Captains went after. "We'll see eachother soon, Shinigami-san." The old man disappeared from the park. Kenta was moved to another location, placed by one of the tall trees in the park. To others, it would look like someone who was seeking shade and napping under a tree.

Meanwhile, on the rooftop. There was a hollow that could resemble a human in body shape, or almost. Twisted with a white mask, grey skin with forearms that had blades protruding from them. Bones sticking out from its back. A hollow hole in the middle of its stomach, it was waiting for the Shinigami.

zaraki_kenpachi_resurreccion_by_arrancarfighter-d9b4eg7.png

Once they arrived one after another, it shrieking scream boomed. If anything, it would almost be unbearable for the Shinigami. However, it disappeared moments later, towards a rather more open, secluded area where it could take care of its enemies without any interference.

Everything else that came earlier, was a ruse to attract the Shinigami, but they did not know that. They'd come to know it rather sooner than later. An abandoned factory. An open field. The hollow was crouched at the corner of the rooftop of this new location. Gazing down, waiting for the feast he would very much enjoy.

@Red Thunder @Cush Almighty

Last edited: