Status
Not open for further replies.
As an IT student I wish I got to do more graphic design :P

I am interested in joining this group (and adwardly left a message on the ad because I couldn't find the OoC section until it was pointed out to me)

I was wondering if "The Cinematographer" was taken as well as "The Writer." I have an idea for two characters (brother and sister.) Also, I'm curious if photography would be allowed (either with or without the cinematography since... they're both with cameras, so... a camera nut?)

Also, if someone has taken either role, I would like to apologize since... I only skimmed this whole thread quickly >.<

Quick edit: I can get my character sheets done in a few hours btw!

I was wondering if "The Cinematographer" was taken as well as "The Writer." I have an idea for two characters (brother and sister.) Also, I'm curious if photography would be allowed (either with or without the cinematography since... they're both with cameras, so... a camera nut?)

Quick edit: I can get my character sheets done in a few hours btw!
One of my characters is the photographer. The other two are fine tho. We have a writer already, but he seems more prose focused. If you're willing to make your writer focused on poetry, I think it'll be fine. In fact, you could just change the role to "the poet"

I'd really prefer if you take your time with your characters. I just don't want it to end up taking 2 weeks, is all.

edit: Sorry. @Vellichor wants the cinematographer. How is your sheet coming along?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've unfortunately lost interest in this RP. Count the Model out, sadly. I wish y'all well.

I'm assuming the graphic designer? This isn't actually what graphic designers do (sort of). Sometimes they might work with animations, but they usually focus on logos, branding, the layouts of publications, posters, billboards. If you want the focus of the character to be animation, that could be it's own role as the animator, if you're okay with that.

yup, I'm not taking designer, I'm asking permission to use "the animator/the vlogger" if that's okay. or i can make my sheet and you can tell me what to change.

yup, I'm not taking designer, I'm asking permission to use "the animator/the vlogger" if that's okay. or i can make my sheet and you can tell me what to change.
oh, haha. So yea the animator is fine =p vlogging could be a hobby of his, doesn't need to be included in the role.

QUOTE="of Dirt, post: 3010557, member: 17716"]oh, haha. So yea the animator is fine =p vlogging could be a hobby of his, doesn't need to be included in the role.[/QUOTE]
thanks! I'm submitting my sheet later!
she can't come online but @Boss Megu wants to take "The Composer"

Like classical music?
Well, what we planned is that rob was sent to ny to take law but he ended up going to Julliard without telling his parents.
He can format classical and uses the piano to compose, but he really just likes making music. He could write music sometimes for the band.

What do you think?

I'm okay with that, I just wish we had a complete band atm. We still need a drummer. Would you be willing to add drumming in addition to piano?

One of my characters is the photographer. The other two are fine tho. We have a writer already, but he seems more prose focused. If you're willing to make your writer focused on poetry, I think it'll be fine. In fact, you could just change the role to "the poet"

I'd really prefer if you take your time with your characters. I just don't want it to end up taking 2 weeks, is all.

edit: Sorry. @Vellichor wants the cinematographer. How is your sheet coming along?
I had two characters at the ready for both those roles, But... if the model role is open, I'd love to pick that up~

Also, is there a list of roles that need to be filled? I'm just curious >.<

And, I'll try to get my sheet done by Wednesday (Thursday at the latest!)

I'm okay with that, I just wish we had a complete band atm. We still need a drummer. Would you be willing to add drumming in addition to piano?
@Mippu wants to actually join the band as the drummer and she's willing to rp a part where she audition.

@Mippu wants to actually join the band as the drummer and she's willing to rp a part where she audition.
Okay cool :)
I had two characters at the ready for both those roles, But... if the model role is open, I'd love to pick that up~

Also, is there a list of roles that need to be filled? I'm just curious >.<

And, I'll try to get my sheet done by Wednesday (Thursday at the latest!)

Great :p the only roles I'm particularly concerned about are the band roles.

Role: The Drummer

Name: Anthony Tristan Rushmore

V6PYitv.jpg
Sexuality: Bisexual

Occupation: student/part-timer at the music bar (dishwasher)/ drummer

Appearance: Tony stands 185cm and weighs 62kg with a generally athletic build that leans on the slender side. His wispy hair is actually ash blond but he dyes it from time to time. He has a strong jaw and chin but soft eyes in a light greenish brown. His style is not so varied, most often wearing shirts and jeans, but he has a fondness for combat boots and accessories. He likes wool and denim in general.

Personality: Although he loves being around people, he's actually kind of aloof and shy. He's socially awkward and can be a little cynical toward others. Tony takes a happy-go-lucky demeanour so people can be comfortable around him even if he keeps them all at bay. He becomes most at ease when playing drums and when voice acting for his little animations. Outside of those, he barely talks to strangers but can be talkative about the things he's passionate about. He's also easily attached and very loyal-like a puppy.

Borough of Residence: in Robert's apartment, Queens

Likes: noodles, pasta dishes, hard drinks, making drum covers of his favorite songs, woolly/furry clothing, snowy/rainy days, games, cartoons and other geeky stuff

Dislikes: ghosts, gore films, too much silence, console games, peanuts, apartments that don't allow drums

Family: Tony's father is a jolly architect named Theodore Rushmore. His mother is the senior accountant Hana Yamanami-Rushmore, who is step-mother to Tony's estranged cop brother David Andrew Rushmore. Theodore and Hana met and married in Sydney, Australia and moved to New York when Tony was in middle school. They now live together in Manhattan and Andrew works in another state.

Relations: He knew Reiner and Sakamae in Judo and continued to be friends with them since. Reiner suggested for him to audition for the band and that's how Tony met Robert. He's been clingy to Rob ever since, although it started with food.

Bio: Though raised in a decent family, Tony's greatest hurdle is his being constantly overshadowed by his older brother. It also doesn't help that David was pretty cold to Tony and his mother, too. Tony became an insecure kid who retreated in his own little world and got bullied for being a "wimp". His dad helped him get out of his shell by enrolling him in Judo classes where he met Reiner and Sakamae. He decided to find something other than his drawings to channel his feelings to, so he took drum lessons. Hoping to get in the game development business, he took up a major in IT. Needless to say, it was wildly different from what he hoped. With his voiced gaming playthroughs and drum covers, he's gained a small following in a video hosting site. He sees game development as the future he wants but he's unsure of how to get it started, instead stalling in college, much to the dismay of his parents (specially his austere mother).

Misc: He wears fox ears, a costume-themed shirt/jacket and a face mask in his drum cover videos. He panics slightly when called by his second given name because he only uses it on the internet.

IC Sample:

Codes shouldn't have their own mind, but sometimes Anthony feels that they could get pretty treacherous. The afternoon sun glared through every space they could find on Tony's blinds, making beads of sweat form on his neck. To one side of the oddly tidy dormitory room, his cheerful Spanish roommate Antonio was deep in his siesta. Tony jabbed at the backspace key with one hand and ruffled his already messy hair with the other. He wished he could toss everything aside and sleep too, after all, that was why he scheduled all his classes in the morning.

The rattling noise of his vibrating phone gave both him and his roommate a start. Tony grabbed it, fumbled a bit and finally picked up the call. "Dad?"

"Hey. Just checking in." Theodore Rushmore was a busy man but always had time for random weekly calls. "Your mum's got a meeting in your area, just to let you know."

"Mum? Oh, yeah. Alright." Tony loves his mum, but she's the kind of tiger mom that usually happens in memes. She's very caring in her own way but Tony is rather afraid of her.

"Why don't you go see her? She misses you." Theodore chuckled, knowing that Tony would be rather wary. The latter looked around for an excuse and saw his roommate stirring awake and giving him a sleepy grin.

"Yeah um, I can't exactly because my roommate-you know, Antonio-yeah, he's helping me with my codes and he's only free now and I have a deadline and-"

"Just give her a call, Tony. If you're too quiet, she'll think you're on drugs or something equally ridiculous." Theodore said, his background gradually becoming noisier.

"Yeah, I will." Tony murmured as Antonio blinked blankly at him. They said their goodbyes and Tony put the phone down with a sigh.

"Sorry, Tony." Antonio laughed. "I can't help you with your codewords or whatever. They don't teach that in culinary."

"Yeah, sorry Toni. My mom's scary." Tony got up to stretch and pick up some food wrappers on his desk.

"Oh but didn't you have that band audition today?" Antonio got up and grabbed his towel from the rack. Tony nodded. "Yeah at Reiner's place. You wanna come?"

Half of Tony wished Antonio would come for moral support but the other half hoped he didn't so it would be one less witness if he failed. The latter half rejoiced when Antonio shook his head. "I have to get my paper somewhere. I'd love to though. Good luck!"

"Yeah, thanks. You too." Tony waved as Antonio turned to leave. Alone, Tony let his music player sing out loud as he tidied his area, preparing himself to get back into his work.

THE SHEET

Role:
The Composer

Name:
Robert Allan Xerxes Corell Sinclaire
[Nicknames: Rob, Robbie, Robbie Rabbit]

[November 22, 1993]

Sexuality:
He wasn't really sure until he met Tony

Business Student at NYU
Occasionally writes music for the band
A private piano teacher to a rich little French brat

Appearance:
He's 188.98 cm (6'2" ft) and weighs 70 kg (154.32 lbs). He has grey eyes and is a brunette.
His hair is mostly messy in the I-got-out-of-bed-and-kept-my-hair-that-way look and keeps that way, almost always.
He's looks effeminate and his slender body doesn't help. He keeps his hair short and messy mostly to avoid being confused as a girl.
Despite his slender physique, he's a swimmer and there are muscles kept under those clothes. FYI.
He mostly goes for clothes that stick close to his skin as opposed to the clothes that are loose and baggy, only because it feels like its not there.
He's got a thing for vests and coats and sometimes sweaters and 3/4 sleeved shirts.
He's doesn't have that colourful outfits, sticks mostly to darker colours and monochrome/grey scale colours.
Also, he hates wearing anything collared and/or coat and tie outfits.

Personality:
Growing up in a middle class household, polite behaviour was the attitude Robert picked up. He's usually silent and is the type to quietly observe, though he is passionate about what he loves, which is composing. He actually really witty and often sarcastic, but doesn't crack jokes that often. He also doesn't understand jokes that fast (unless it's Tony's stupid, lame ass puns). He's moody and can act like a Diva spurned when no one understands him when he tries to explain why his composition is lacking anything. He can brood over every little mistake he makes if you let him and he's OC on certain things like his kitchen, his clothes, books and his computer. He's not a very cheerful guy, in fact, most say he's really serious. Rob also has no sense of direction (--and doesn't mind getting lost) but is friendly enough to speak to strangers and isn't afraid of making friends, he's not a snob though he has very little patience on certain things. He's a bit of a prude on certain things and discussions.

Borough of Residence:
Queens, in a secure two bedroom apartment with a good kitchen

Composing, his Scottish Fold cat named Rhythm & his British Short hair cat named Melody, Snow/Winter, Swimming, Pianos, Ice Cream, Baking, Gardening, Reading, Sleep, Tony

Dislikes:
Spiders, Heights, Failure not losing, Embarrassing his family, being mad, being a lightweight, not being in control of a situation

Family:
Robert is the only son of a middle class family and they all have high expectations. His father; Aleksander Sinclaire, is a solicitor back in England and his mother; Maylene Corell-Sinclaire, is a principal in one of the local schools. His father's twin sister; Aleksandra Sinclaire-Maker, also a solicitor married Mark Maker; owner of a small I.T. firm. Unable to have children, Robert's aunt and uncle consider him as their son as well and spoiled him a little bit. But with having two sets of parents, his life was set to take over his uncle's firm that was growing in popularity.

Relations:
Robert allowed himself to get lost in the streets as he took in the sights a few months after he moved to New York to study. By this time, he didn't quite have much idea of composing but he is now able to compose melodies and tunes. He bumped into Alejandro; who he's had spoken to a few times in NYU. Alejandro was entering a 'live music bar' mentioned that he was started a band and this was where they would be playing and invited Robert to listen to them practice. Inviting him inside, he blinked at the raw music potential that came from the band. Just listening to them, Robert was getting inspiration. He approached Alejandro after they practised and offered to write music for them occasionally. They seemed to like it and their friendship was cemented.
They had agreed that the composition he had managed to write seemed to lack something.
It was a few weeks after Robert started making music for them did they know what. In an audition held for the band to get a drummer, it was then that Rob met Tony. To Rob, it was instant attraction, but he didn't quite understand that then. He knew that he just liked the guy and that he was cute. The band took him on and they played Rob's composition and that was what was missing. The drums.
Rob and Tony's friendship became deeper when Tony moved out of his apartment and Rob offered him a place to stay. From then, well, it was history. Rob was hesitant to share this with the band and their friends, but they seemed unconcerned and were even supportive.
Reiner (who he was introduced to after meeting the band) congratulated the new happy couple with a round of drinks.

Bio:
Robert was born in London to a upper-middle class family. Being the only child and son, they had entrusted their son to prosper in the field they chose, which was business. They had noticed his aptitude with math and the way he's quick to pick up trends and patterns. So they stimulated this by sending him to one of the private prep schools; Sussex House School. Around that time, his parents hired a private piano teacher to keep him occupied after his classes as they both had full time jobs and couldn't care for him after his classes ended. Robert hated learning the piano in the beginning, as a spoiled brat that he was. But as time went on, his piano teacher; Ms. Emylen Roze, taught him that with learning the piano, you can create your own. So Robert began to devote himself with the piano. Pleased with the results and with the little composition he had made for them for Christmas, his parents allowed his teacher to continue with the lessons.

However, Robert began to obsess with making music and spent more time with his piano than he did with his friends, effectively distancing himself with them to have his lessons. Seeing this, his parents fired his teacher and stuffed him in different physical activities instead. Frustrated and confused, Robert purposely hurt himself or pretended he couldn't play just so that he could quit it. As a last resort, his parents made him choose the sport he wanted to play to keep him occupied after class. Seeing as he loved to swim, he chose swimming and found that he actually liked competitive swimming despite having not won anything.

Upon graduating from high school, he was asked where he would like to study. He immediately stated New York. Ignoring his parent's plea to choose a more prestigious university, Robert moved to New York to rid the stifling influence his parents (and by extension his aunt and uncle) had on him and start afresh while doing what he loved. Though he wanted to follow his dream, he didn't want to disappoint his parents and enrolled in NYU as a Business Major while practising his skills in composing. There he began to slowly build up his skill in the art and though enrolled in NYU, his actual goal is to get in Juilliard and take up Composition there. But as the selection is difficult, Rob takes his time in preparing for it while juggling to keep his parents happy and simultaneously, keeping his relationship with Tony a secret from them. He's also easing himself from his parent's support to prove he can stand on his own two feet and break away from their dreams of his future.

Misc:
He's got a little quirk when he goes up or down the stairs, he needs to (obsessively) touch the edge of the handrail before he can proceed. Why? Because his housekeeper told him that if doesn't do that a force field will either disintegrate him or push him off the stairs because the handrail needs to scan his thumbprint to ensure he's human. This was a trick she made him do to hold on to the rail when he climbed up or down to prevent any further accidents. It's a habit he's kept since then.
Also, he's ticklish.

IC Sample:
Robert glared hard at his private piano teacher as she entered the room. Ms. Emylen Roze gave a tinkling laugh as she came closer, daintily sitting on the chair across him and thanked the housekeeper as she was handed a cup of tea. "Good afternoon, Robbie dear. How do you do?" she greets him cordially, a hint of playful smile on her face as she faces him. Pouting even more, Robert glared harder as he violently took a bite out of the biscuit he was holding. "Good, Ms. Roze." he answered, despite the frown on his face. "I hope you had a good morning."

Ms. Roze winked cheerfully at him as she finished her tea. "Indeed, I did. Thank you for asking, darling." she told him. Putting down her teacup, she smiled at him even brighter. "In fact, I've come to a conclusion on how to make you want to learn the piano." She stated at his frown. Robert looked dubious for an 8 year old. "I don't want to learn how to play the piano." he told her for the nth time, "It's boring and useless and I don't want to." He whined and put down his biscuit to fold his arms to emphasise how he truly did not want to do this. Ms. Roze gave a little sigh as she flitted over to the piano by the window. She turned to him with this little glint in her eye. "Robbie, are you sure?" she tested with a little smile that Robert had learned to be wary of.

"Y-yes." He replied, stuttering as the glint in her eye sharpened. "I truly do not want to." Ms. Roze turned around and sat down on the piano bench and sighed dramatically. "That's too bad, Robbie. Here I was thinking you'd want to learn the piano..." here she paused and turned to look at him, "...to make your own." Robert's eyes grew wide. "I can do that?!" he cried, jumping from his seat and heading towards her. Ms. Roze nodded and smiled. "You most certainly can." She answered. "One of the ways to make your own music is through playing the piano. Beethoven did, so did Mozart. To do so, they had to learn to play the piano first." She told him, sneakily.

Robert gave her a glare and sat beside her. "Well, what are we waiting for, Ms. Roze." He told her, a frown on his lips but his eyes sparkling with excitement. "What's today's lesson?" Ms. Roze smiled behind her hand. This boy was truly easy to play.

+

@Boss Megu This looks good. Feel free to upload. I'm curious to know what the rest of the band thinks of the relations though. I could also see it as a source of drama: maybe some of the members don't like when he writes some of their songs, but that's ultimately up to you guys.

@Mippu I'm fine with the relations. I'm wondering if the drummer should be put into a separate character, as it seems there's a lot going on for Tony.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
This looks good. Feel free to upload. I'm curious to know what the rest of the band thinks of the relations though. I could also see it as a source of drama: maybe some of the members don't like when he writes some of their songs, but that's ultimately up to you guys.
Thanks. :D I'll go ahead and do that! :D
It would be really fun to see their reaction, hopefully they agree to it. If not, will work on something else.

@of Dirt
Thanks, I added that Reiner was the one who told Alejandro @Pray4me about the band needing a drummer if that's okay. I removed his animation thing so he can be just a drummer. Would that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.