Status
Not open for further replies.
I approve of the friendship with Alejandro and Robbie~

I also approve of Robbie introducing the drummer to Alejandro! Looks like both Alejandro and Robbie will be pretty good friends.

I'll update Alejandro' s profile asap

Yup! Tony will come for an audition! He also does drum covers on his channel that he'll present for additional um reference.

Reactions: Pray4me
@of Dirt
Thanks, I added that Reiner was the one who told Alejandro @Pray4me about the band needing a drummer if that's okay. I removed his animation thing so he can be just a drummer. Would that work?
yes, I just feel like I pressured you into making him a drummer, haha. I hope these changes are okay with you. Once you've got your sample written, you'll be good to go.

@cider we need to hear from you

I approve of the friendship with Alejandro and Robbie~

I also approve of Robbie introducing the drummer to Alejandro! Looks like both Alejandro and Robbie will be pretty good friends.

I'll update Alejandro' s profile asap
Rob didn't really introduce Tony but was there when Tony auditioned. :U I'm super excited to see Ale and Robbie bicker. XD

@Pray4me It's chill. Iwaku through phone can get confusing real fast.

@of Dirt do we rp the auditions too? Or do we go from the fact that we all know each other or something?

Was wondering what was still available for this rp! It looks very interesting and I'd love to be a part of it!

Was wondering what was still available for this rp! It looks very interesting and I'd love to be a part of it!

There's still plenty available. More so now that first day reservations have expired. What roles are you interested in?

I was looking at the graffiti artist or another member in the band somewhere. Do you have any roles that need filling?

Both the graffiti artist and the guitarist are up for grabs. The guitarist would complete the band, so that'd be cool. But I was considering changing one of my characters to be the guitarist if no one took it, so no pressure

I'll happily take the guitarist spot.

Role: The guitarist
68a85dd1ffc842d9e0c161b7358df2fc.jpg

Name: Alex Wong

Sexuality: Bi as hell!

Appearance: 5'6", 154lbs, dark-brown hair, black eyes, likes to wear casual clothing, never wears any makeup and rarely wears jewelry.

Personality: Alex is a head strong, rather abrasive person when you get to know her. She isn't afraid of speaking her mind and rarely stays quite when someone talks poorly of someone she knows. Despite this, she's rather shy when you first meet her. She hates being alone in large crowds, yet enjoys parties. Alex has a rule about parties; if she doesn't know at least 5 people at the party she will not go. No matter what her friends tell her, she will not go to a party if she knows less than 5 people. While Alex is a helpful person, she doesn't always read hints well and gets involved in situations where she isn't needed. Alex loves to be with people in small groups and doesn't mind drinking socially. Most people would describe Alex as a determined, Spit-Fire who doesn't know when to quit. She's cool under fire and knows how to handle herself in a fight.

Borough: Manhattan, she lingers around mostly, but is more than willing to make friends to get a place to stay.

Likes: Excitement, winning stuff (she's competitive, in a good way), all types of music (especially rock)

Dislikes: Meeting new people, excessive drinking (and drunks), pizza, public transportation, being in tight spaces

Family:
Lilly Wong-Shultz (mother) lives in New Jersey with her step father. She is a simple stay-at-home, traditional Thai mother who loves to cook food for anyone and everyone who walks through her door. She's a kind and caring mother who wishes the best for her daughter. The one thing she dislikes about Alex is that Alex doesn't dress, nor act feminine. Lilly constantly berates her daughter to be a 'proper woman'. Despite their differences, Lilly loves her daughter deeply.

Robert Schultz (Step-Father) works as an bank manager. He works long hours and often forgets things like birthdays and anniversaries. He is a dedicated father to Ryan, but not to Alex. As a devout Roman Catholic, Robert despises Alex for her sexuality and appearance. Whenever he can, he tells Alex that she needs to turn to Jesus or she'll burn in hell.

Ryan Shultz (step-brother) is 8 now and doesn't have any communication with Alex. Once Alex left the Shultz household, she was never allowed to see Ryan again. The two were very close before Alex moved out. Ryan misses his sister and wishes that she'll come back and visit.

Apinya Wong (father) was a blue collar carpenter who died in an accident when Alex was 12. He was also a muay thai fighter who engaged in underground fighting to get extra money for his family. Him and Alex were extremely close and with his death, Alex started distancing herself from her mother.

Relations: Since Alex is a busker, she is bound to meet someone from the band who can refer her and allow her to join.

Bio:
Alex was raised primarily by her mother, Lilly Wong. Her father died in an accident on a bus, which is why she refuses to take a bus anywhere. Like her, he was a muay thai fighter. Growing up, she was immersed in Thai culture and trained as a fighter with her father. She knew that there were dangers that came with fighting, but she loved it nonetheless. Alex had a talent for fighting and she trained hard with her father. Often the two would train together for hours. Alex learned that her father was involved in illegal underground fights to earn extra money when she heard him stumble through the back door one night. Her mother was still asleep, so Alex went to greet him. She found him bloodied up and in bad shape. Despite his condition, Apinya won the match and held a couple hundred dollars in his hand before passing out on the couch. Alex was afraid for her father all the time, but never stopped training with him until the accident. On the way to a new job, Apinya took the bus and there was an accident. His death caused a major rift between Alex and her mother. Since the two were very different people, Alex found it hard to relate to her mother despite her mother's efforts to support the two.

To forget about the hardships at home, Alex took up the guitar. The music teacher at her school gave her an old acoustic guitar which ended up being her most prized possession. Since her father had died, Alex hadn't trained as much and instead filled the void with guitar lessons from her teacher. She became pretty good at the guitar, due to her determination and willingness to practice regularly. When she graduated from high school, Alex didn't know what to do. She didn't want to go to college since she didn't want to burden her mother with her college fees, so instead she decided to get a job to help the family. By now, her mother had remarried and Alex was not happy. As she grew older, Alex stayed out later and distanced herself from her family. Still training with her coach, Alex decided to start fighting as a way to make extra cash. This didn't go over well with her mother, who lectured her on the dangers of fighting. Alex didn't care, instead she decided to drown out her mother completely. This was about the time when she cut her hair and brought home another girl. Immediately, Alex was kicked out of the house by her step father. While only for a day, Alex refused to give into Robert's demands of church and repentance. Alex gathered her meager belongings and bought a one-way ticket to the city and never looked back.

Misc: Alex has a tattoo on her left shoulder of Hah Taew, the five sacred lines. She also has her ears pierced but she doesn't like to wear earrings. Often she'll be mistaken for a guy due to her short hair, muscular build, and persona.

IC Sample:
Alex knew that she was going to be late again for training and Coach wouldn't be happy. She had a scheduled fight in two weeks and already, she's been late to practice twice. While Coach was more forgiving since he knew Apinya, Alex knew that she was standing on thin ice. If she was anyone else, she would have been dropped and Coach would have moved on to the next fighter. As she ran to the gym, Alex could see that Coach was standing outside waiting for her. He had the same annoyed look as last time. Slowing, Alex walked up to Coach and bowed her head. "I'm so sorry, Coach. School got busy and," Alex tried to explain before she was cut off by Coach.

He was not a large man and wasn't exactly impressive, but anyone could tell that he was not someone to mess with. "I don't want to hear it," Coach began as he held out his hand for her belongings, "give me 20 sprints." Immediately, Alex gave Coach her backpack and her guitar and began to run. She knew he wasn't happy because he never made her do that many. As she ran, Alex felt his eyes follow her every movement. Part of her wanted to ditch training altogether, but knew that she'd never forgive herself if she did. Alex ran and by the time she was finished, she was covered in a light sheen of sweat. Handing Alex her bag, Coach turned around and said, "Get your gloves on." Alex fell into Coach's rhythm as she followed him inside the gym.

Taking a locker in the girl's locker room, Alex immediately put her hand wraps on and gloves as she met Coach near the bags. She knew the drill. 20-20s. She was to do twenty kicks on each leg then 20 push-ups then 20 sit-ups. Without Coach having to say anything, Alex started the reps. She'd do the 2 reps, equaling 40 of each. As she kicked, Coach watched and yelled at her if she slacked on technique. Despite the torture Coach put her through, Alex was thankful to have him. He was hard on her, but he truly cared for her. Since her personal life was always checked at the door, Alex never had any real indepth conversations with Coach which kept their relationship stable.

After she finished, Alex moved onto mits. Coach went through different combinations and techniques, making sure to cover anything and everything that Alex might experience in the ring. Keeping a steady and powerful pace, Alex trained.

By the time she returned home, dinner was on the table already. Alex smiled as her mother finished placing the different dishes on the table for everyone. There were four seats; one for her mother, one for her, one for her step-father, and one for her step-brother. Without saying a word to her mother, Alex disappeared upstairs for a shower. It wasn't a long hot shower that most teens her age took, rather it was a quick cold shower that was strictly business. Getting dressed for dinner, Alex prepared herself for the uncomfortable conversation at the table, which would most likely involve politics, religion, and whatever her step-father wanted to complain about. Her mother would ask questions, but it was obvious that Robert didn't want to hear them. While she was grateful to Robert for providing for her and her mother as well as loving her mother, Alex despised the man. Not only did his beliefs clash with her own, but his attitude towards arts people drove her up a wall. Tonight he droned on about how America had a Muslim problem and how they need to get rid of the immigrants.

When dinner was finished, Alex washed the dishes with her younger brother before locking herself in her room where she could study and listen to music. With the mute on her guitar strings, Alex began to go through warm-ups before digging into her favorite songs. Alex couldn't sing for shit, but she enjoyed playing along to the songs. Pretending that she had an electric guitar, Alex played along to music videos and rocked out. For a moment in time, Alex forgot all her troubles and lost herself in the music. This was quickly mitigated by a loud knock on the door. When she opened the door she found her younger brother standing there. Giving him a look, Alex waited for him to say something. "Dad wants you to stop playing. He says it's late and to go to sleep or study," Ryan informed with a sad face.

"Thanks for telling me, Little Dude," Alex replied as she messed with his hair. This made him smile before leaving for his own room. Alex sighed behind a closed door and returned her guitar to its case before plopping into bed. Thoughts swirled through her head as she tried to forget about everything so she could sleep. After a good two hours of mindless thought, Alex finally fell asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.