• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Lore Magus

Creator and Bearer of Worlds
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
  4. Intermediate
  5. Adept
  6. Advanced
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance is a big plus for me, but I can be pretty adaptable
DtftyIK.jpg
The setting is modern day Tokyo; where during the day the city seems more or less peaceful, but during the night it's teeming with violence and crime, practically ruled by the Yakuza. To make matters worse: there are some among the ranks of the immense gang with special abilities who choose to abuse them for personal gain. Standard police forces are either incapable of capturing the gangsters, too afraid of them to make the attempt, or, in rare cases, some officials are bribed or personally threatened to back off. Many people aware of the danger are too fearful to go out after dark to even stop at a convenience store or vending machine, and those working at night fear for their lives and well-being. Despite all of this, there is still a select few people who feel incapable of idly watching the chaos. This is a story of one such person, a young man with special abilities of his own and a mastery of various styles of kung-fu, and the people he comes to meet and the trials he will face in the near future as he struggles to keep his true identity as a vigilante crime fighter secret.
[btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/tokyo-heroes-ic.155306/]IC[/btn][btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/tokro-heroes-cs.154064/]CS[/btn]​

This is a small, anime-inspired group RP with a direct focus on a few major characters, my own being a direct center point. As described above, it is set in modern Tokyo, but in a somewhat alternate reality where the only major difference is that a select few people are born with special abilities and powers that no one else has. That being said, it's not exactly impossible for some people to be born with similar abilities to another (there are only so many different kinds), but typically, it should not be very common for a person to be born with such a gift. Within the setting of the RP there are many criminals, normal and super powered alike, committing crimes and the like against innocent people; happening more frequently at night but still occasionally during the day. The local police do their best, but due to the influence of the Yakuza as well as the ability of many of the gangsters themselves they have been having a hard time. This has led a very select few people of able body to take up becoming vigilante heroes during their spare time, the first one to appear having been my own character.

Considering the nature of this RP and the basic plans for it, it should have a maximum of 3-5 people; each controlling preferably 1 or 2 main characters, depending on the roles, and any number of side characters which can be created as needed. This is intended to be an RP where us members discuss among ourselves our desired direction or plan for the RP, how we want it to play out as we go along, and preferably keep it from being too random unless the situation calls for exactly that. Essentially I'd like to make sure everyone is on the same page as we go along, but also keep it open to creative ideas for events or situations to put the characters through if anyone should come up with any.

Currently we are recruiting members, as our original cast of members has had some disappearances. Current members are free to make new characters, but adding a couple more members would help to fill in our cast.There are plenty of potential characters that can be made, as well as some required roles that need to be filled. Some examples of characters we need or can have as sides that have yet to be taken include:
  1. The Heroine (our currently submitted one has left)
  2. Coworkers of An Ling
  3. Someone who is both the above and a vigilante hero(to add an interesting twist)
  4. Gang leader or member
  5. Known/named thug with special abilities (I'd like to use one that's already in the CS, but the user responsible for the character is missing)
  6. Anyone else who would be frequently involved with one of the 2 lead characters (accounting for the Heroine that we need replaced)

Last edited:
I meant to put 'correct', but accidently sent it before I could finish typing. XD
lol, wow XD

Okay, I'll do as you suggest! It'll just be a power up plus sharpness increase ^_^
yes, thank you! :) also, you can go ahead and delete '(Optional) from the profile, it was meant as a removable side-note for the skeleton

now that I have finished all my other business (which included finishing the last dozen episodes of the original Naruto series XD) I'll get started on that stuff I promise earlier XD

Awesome, he looks really cool now! :D I especially like that quote of his XD it's perfect for the role. With this switch up of age, however, if he had gone to a university he'd have graduated by now so you may want to look at that. Maybe instead of going to a university he could work as a bartender or something so you don't have to scrap the suit since I feel like him wearing a suit would just fit so well XD
Hmm I like this, I might just edit him a small bit further to be a bartender with the gang working in the basement underneath the bar, sorta like Fight Club

Hmm I like this, I might just edit him a small bit further to be a bartender with the gang working in the basement underneath the bar, sorta like Fight Club
awesome, looks great! I've just finished An Ling's bio myself, so off I go to add in all of the completed profiles that have been posted so far up to the head post in the CS ^-^

awesome, looks great! I've just finished An Ling's bio myself, so off I go to add in all of the completed profiles that have been posted so far up to the head post in the CS ^-^
Perfect! I'll wait patiently for the role play to start! And also discuss ideas with the group when they pop up.

Perfect! I'll wait patiently for the role play to start! And also discuss ideas with the group when they pop up.
We are primarily just waiting on 2 more people :D

Ahh alright, I do actually know one of them from another rp I'm doing which happens to be a western XD
Let me guess... Crow right?

I'm in a lot of things with Crow, lol.

Or well, one group, several RPs.

Wait no.. XD I'm thinking of a different OOC sorry heh
lol

I'm in a lot of things with Crow, lol.

Or well, one group, several RPs.
Yeah, Crow was supposed to join my chuunibyou RP too, but I guess the CS was too big for him to get anything down yet x_x

Hey guys, I like the setting! Any chance you've room for someone to fill in an auxiliary role? I've ideas primarily for some sleazy underground info broker or a down-on-his-luck law enforcement character (likely at least moderately corrupt, since I see someone's got a detective going. Perhaps someone could use a less than savory partner?)!

Last edited:
Alright, finished Agent Sakamoto/Alton, the Half-Japanese PSIA Agent.

Hey guys, I like the setting! Any chance you've room for someone to fill in an auxiliary role? I've ideas primarily for some sleazy underground info broker or a down-on-his-luck law enforcement character (likely at least moderately corrupt, since I see someone's got a detective going. Perhaps someone could use a less than savory partner?)!
Thank you :D since we're still waiting on @Crow to get our main heroine character finished, you have just enough time if you can get a CS up quickly enough, so essentially you're working against the clock (especially now that I've officially mentioned them) but will still be expected to post something of decent quality at least. Based on your username I can definitely see where your track of mind is on that info broker (ahem "IZAYAAAAAA!!!!!" XD) and you're welcome to that role if you'd like. As for a law enforcement character/detective/law partner, I'm going to leave that up to the person who currently "owns" the law character field to discuss with you whether they want to do something like that with you, but if they are then go ahead :)

Alright, finished Agent Sakamoto/Alton, the Half-Japanese PSIA Agent.
Just looked over him and he looks great! The only things I'd change would be to say that he works with "Hien", not "An Ling", as he has kept his real identity secret even from law enforcement and the likes, that you should include labels for each of the gun photos since not everyone is familiar with gun names (myself included), and that you can go ahead and remove the (Optional) tag from the Extra Info/Trivia section of the profile ^-^ other than that it works!

Just looked over him and he looks great! The only things I'd change would be to say that he works with "Hien", not "An Ling", as he has kept his real identity secret even from law enforcement and the likes, that you should include labels for each of the gun photos since not everyone is familiar with gun names (myself included), and that you can go ahead and remove the (Optional) tag from the Extra Info/Trivia section of the profile ^-^ other than that it works!
Got it. I fixed it.

Got it. I fixed it.
And now he's added to the head post. As soon as Crow finishes Kuzuha I'll be closing signups. Is that doable myself or does it require moderator assistance btw?

Well, I've opted to go the Information Broker route as opposed to the cop route. I feel I'm not established enough to really gain enough trust for a sort of duo-relationship!

In any case, I was thoroughly inspired, and the sheet is posted!

So, we have a Yakuza info broker and a Government/Police info broker.

So, we have a Yakuza info broker and a Government/Police info broker.
Well, yes and no. I'd say Kido is more along the lines of a true info broker, being that he collects information from anywhere and everywhere and then sells it to whomever wants it, hence the broker portion of the title, whereas Sakamoto primarily provides whatever info he can from the police force alone to the people he believes will use it to bring criminals to justice without charging them (to my understanding) which only really makes him a cop that is bending and breaking a few confidentiality rules for the sake of justice. These two roles have very different weights and uses in such a setting; Hien can use info from the police to find out where the police force typically patrols at what times and what previous places have been hit by what gangs at what times, and he can pay for information from the info broker for information such as where these gangs plan to hit next, which would cost less for him than where they actually hide out or who their boss is considering he does vigilante work for free and his day job doesn't have impressive wages or anything, so the less he has to pay for information the better off he is.

Well, I've opted to go the Information Broker route as opposed to the cop route. I feel I'm not established enough to really gain enough trust for a sort of duo-relationship!

In any case, I was thoroughly inspired, and the sheet is posted!
the character looks good and has been added to the header post :) now we're just waiting for @Crow

Fret not, I just need to get on a computer and find a suitable ability.

Reactions: Lore Magus
Fret not, I just need to get on a computer and find a suitable ability.
Okay. I just wanted to be sure that you didnt forget or anything. For what it's worth, she doesn't necessarily have to have an ability if that part is holding you back right now :p