6. Advanced
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance is a big plus for me, but I can be pretty adaptable
DtftyIK.jpg
The setting is modern day Tokyo; where during the day the city seems more or less peaceful, but during the night it's teeming with violence and crime, practically ruled by the Yakuza. To make matters worse: there are some among the ranks of the immense gang with special abilities who choose to abuse them for personal gain. Standard police forces are either incapable of capturing the gangsters, too afraid of them to make the attempt, or, in rare cases, some officials are bribed or personally threatened to back off. Many people aware of the danger are too fearful to go out after dark to even stop at a convenience store or vending machine, and those working at night fear for their lives and well-being. Despite all of this, there is still a select few people who feel incapable of idly watching the chaos. This is a story of one such person, a young man with special abilities of his own and a mastery of various styles of kung-fu, and the people he comes to meet and the trials he will face in the near future as he struggles to keep his true identity as a vigilante crime fighter secret.
[btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/tokyo-heroes-ic.155306/]IC[/btn][btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/tokro-heroes-cs.154064/]CS[/btn]​

This is a small, anime-inspired group RP with a direct focus on a few major characters, my own being a direct center point. As described above, it is set in modern Tokyo, but in a somewhat alternate reality where the only major difference is that a select few people are born with special abilities and powers that no one else has. That being said, it's not exactly impossible for some people to be born with similar abilities to another (there are only so many different kinds), but typically, it should not be very common for a person to be born with such a gift. Within the setting of the RP there are many criminals, normal and super powered alike, committing crimes and the like against innocent people; happening more frequently at night but still occasionally during the day. The local police do their best, but due to the influence of the Yakuza as well as the ability of many of the gangsters themselves they have been having a hard time. This has led a very select few people of able body to take up becoming vigilante heroes during their spare time, the first one to appear having been my own character.

Considering the nature of this RP and the basic plans for it, it should have a maximum of 3-5 people; each controlling preferably 1 or 2 main characters, depending on the roles, and any number of side characters which can be created as needed. This is intended to be an RP where us members discuss among ourselves our desired direction or plan for the RP, how we want it to play out as we go along, and preferably keep it from being too random unless the situation calls for exactly that. Essentially I'd like to make sure everyone is on the same page as we go along, but also keep it open to creative ideas for events or situations to put the characters through if anyone should come up with any.

Currently we are recruiting members, as our original cast of members has had some disappearances. Current members are free to make new characters, but adding a couple more members would help to fill in our cast.There are plenty of potential characters that can be made, as well as some required roles that need to be filled. Some examples of characters we need or can have as sides that have yet to be taken include:
  1. The Heroine (our currently submitted one has left)
  2. Coworkers of An Ling
  3. Someone who is both the above and a vigilante hero(to add an interesting twist)
  4. Gang leader or member
  5. Known/named thug with special abilities (I'd like to use one that's already in the CS, but the user responsible for the character is missing)
  6. Anyone else who would be frequently involved with one of the 2 lead characters (accounting for the Heroine that we need replaced)

Last edited:
@Crow here's the OOC; go ahead and read over the header and let me know if I need to fix anything. You can go ahead and PM me the CS for the heroine. Btw, I forgot to check to have the first post stickied to the entire thing; is there a way to fix that like asking an admin or something, or is it stuck that way now?

@Crow here's the OOC; go ahead and read over the header and let me know if I need to fix anything. You can go ahead and PM me the CS for the heroine. Btw, I forgot to check to have the first post stickied to the entire thing; is there a way to fix that like asking an admin or something, or is it stuck that way now?

I never figured that one out, but trying to call an admin might work.

I never really found such a thing too big a deal anyways. Just mildly inconveniencing.

Hmm... this looks interesting.

Would it be possible to create a character around motoring/motorsports and have powers related to such?

I went and stickied the first post for you. I was just browsing and decided to do it.

This looks cool! I'll try to get in a CS when I can~

Hmm... this looks interesting.

Would it be possible to create a character around motoring/motorsports and have powers related to such?
Sounds interesting! Go ahead and show me what you've got :D

I went and stickied the first post for you. I was just browsing and decided to do it.
Thanks! :D I really appreciate that

This looks cool! I'll try to get in a CS when I can~
Thanks for your interest! :D

@Crow what did I tell you? Not even 24 hours after posting the OOC and we've already attracted a small group :)

Okay everyone, I'm just on my phone on my way to school right now, but I'll get a CS page right up so you can post your characters, and I'll fancify the thing later when I have a break and can get on my laptop. I'll let you know when I have it up and the link to it will be in the head post

Okay, the CS is up with a temporary header that I will fix up later, and the button labeled CS in the header post here is now hyperlinked to it :)

Also, does anyone have an idea for a better title for this RP?

Okay, the CS is up with a temporary header that I will fix up later, and the button labeled CS in the header post here is now hyperlinked to it :)

Also, does anyone have an idea for a better title for this RP?

Alright, I gave that the Character Index prefix.

Anyway, uh, I'm considering joining as the Police detective. I have some character ideas.

Alright, I gave that the Character Index prefix.

Anyway, uh, I'm considering joining as the Police detective. I have some character ideas.
oh, so that's what character index refers to... In hindsight I really should've realized that a long time ago lol. Anyways, sounds great! :D go ahead and put up a CS when you've got something solid :)

CS head post has been refined, and I will now get to work smoothing out my own character's CS before posting it to the CS. I want us to have some characters up in the near future so we can get an idea of how their roles will affect the story and begin discussing how to start everything up and whatnot. Whenever there are moments where only a couple of us have main characters in a scene but there are other random characters, those can be controlled by whomever doesn't have a character in the scene or has fewer so we can keep everyone involved as much as possible, but I want things like that and what their general actions should be like to be discussed here. I will add this in as a rule later of course, I just wanted to mention it for now. Anyways, as soon as you have completed a character sheet, or even if you have a work in progress and just need to add some details like a bio go ahead and just post it up in the CS thread guys :)

@Crow @TheTechnologicVampire @Minerva @MetalNova

So, I had a question:

How high in position do you want the cop?

I mean, i know you probably don't want him to be like, an imperial guard. But like, is Japanese FBI or the Public Security Intelligence Agency fair game? They probably do work on investigating the Yakuza. I'm just curious on what you want.

So, I had a question:

How high in position do you want the cop?

I mean, i know you probably don't want him to be like, an imperial guard. But like, is Japanese FBI or the Public Security Intelligence Agency fair game? They probably do work on investigating the Yakuza. I'm just curious on what you want.
This is a very good question. Preferably stick with local police ranks since they'd be more justifiable for having been involved with the Yakuza or Hien etc. for the last 5 years within the scope of the RP, but any rank in that general area is totally up for grabs. If you'd like here's the full list of positions with japanese equivalent titles, military equivalent titles, and short descriptions (pulled from Wikipedia):
  • Police officer (巡査 Junsa) | Private | Prefectural Police Officer's career start from this rank.
  • Senior Police Officer (巡査長 Junsa-chō) | Corporal | (Honorary rank of Police Officers)
  • Police Sergeant (巡査部長 Junsa-buchō) | Warrant officer or Sergeant | Field supervisor, Leader of Police box
  • Inspector (警部補 Keibu-ho) | Captain or Lieutenant | Squad Sub-Commander of Police Station, Leader of Riot Platoon
  • Chief Inspector (警部 Keibu) | Major or Captain | Squad Commander of Police Station, Leader of Riot Company
  • Superintendent (警視 Keishi) | Lieutenant colonel | The Chief of Police Station (small or middle), The Vice Commanding Officer of Police Station, Commander of Riot Police Unit

This is a very good question. Preferably stick with local police ranks since they'd be more justifiable for having been involved with the Yakuza or Hien etc. for the last 5 years within the scope of the RP, but any rank in that general area is totally up for grabs. If you'd like here's the full list of positions with japanese equivalent titles, military equivalent titles, and short descriptions (pulled from Wikipedia):
  • Police officer (巡査 Junsa) | Private | Prefectural Police Officer's career start from this rank.
  • Senior Police Officer (巡査長 Junsa-chō) | Corporal | (Honorary rank of Police Officers)
  • Police Sergeant (巡査部長 Junsa-buchō) | Warrant officer or Sergeant | Field supervisor, Leader of Police box
  • Inspector (警部補 Keibu-ho) | Captain or Lieutenant | Squad Sub-Commander of Police Station, Leader of Riot Platoon
  • Chief Inspector (警部 Keibu) | Major or Captain | Squad Commander of Police Station, Leader of Riot Company
  • Superintendent (警視 Keishi) | Lieutenant colonel | The Chief of Police Station (small or middle), The Vice Commanding Officer of Police Station, Commander of Riot Police Unit
Alright. I was considering playing either a Detective of the Metro police department, or a PSIA Informant, so I'll go with an Inspector Rank Detective.

Alright. I was considering playing either a Detective of the Metro police department, or a PSIA Informant, so I'll go with an Inspector Rank Detective.
alright, sounds good to me! :)

@MetalNova I just looked over Aya, and for the most part she looks pretty good, though there are just a few things I'd like to comment/question on in relation to her power. First off, since she gets a power up I'd assume that's part of her power, yes? Also, by slicing and cuts do you mean she can cut things with her limbs and whatnot? If not, what in particular is involved in her slicing ability? Lastly, by "nausea from blood loss and the like are transferred with the cut" do you mean she herself feels the nausea from cuts she makes on others or... ?

I think I might take #3 on the character ideas in the first post.

I've just put my girl's app up with just her picture and a couple things filled out for now. Will fill in the rest when I get access to my laptop.

I think I might take #3 on the character ideas in the first post.

I've just put my girl's app up with just her picture and a couple things filled out for now. Will fill in the rest when I get access to my laptop.
okay! ^-^ I am currently working on the totally stylized version of An Lin's profile which I am using a bunch of special div boxes for (first time in a while that I ever stylized my characters this hardcore, but i just happened to feel like it XD). Also keep in mind that their shared day job is working at a local supermarket/grocery store. Btw, do you think they should know each other's secret as vigilantes, just An Ling knows about Hinomari being one, or the both of them being completely unaware of each other's secret night activities?

okay! ^-^ I am currently working on the totally stylized version of An Lin's profile which I am using a bunch of special div boxes for (first time in a while that I ever stylized my characters this hardcore, but i just happened to feel like it XD). Also keep in mind that their shared day job is working at a local supermarket/grocery store. Btw, do you think they should know each other's secret as vigilantes, just An Ling knows about Hinomari being one, or the both of them being completely unaware of each other's secret night activities?
Oh.

Well, this is gonna be awkward. I want my character to be centered around motorsports/mototring in general, both in her apparel, occupation, and power.

Oh.

Well, this is gonna be awkward. I want my character to be centered around motorsports/mototring in general, both in her apparel, occupation, and power.
oh right... well that wouldn't be the third suggestion I gave, but that's alright. If you want you could even set her up as an info broker or something along those lines, or even a gang member; either way works but it's really up to you what you want to do