• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Lore Magus

Creator and Bearer of Worlds
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
  4. Intermediate
  5. Adept
  6. Advanced
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance is a big plus for me, but I can be pretty adaptable
DtftyIK.jpg
The setting is modern day Tokyo; where during the day the city seems more or less peaceful, but during the night it's teeming with violence and crime, practically ruled by the Yakuza. To make matters worse: there are some among the ranks of the immense gang with special abilities who choose to abuse them for personal gain. Standard police forces are either incapable of capturing the gangsters, too afraid of them to make the attempt, or, in rare cases, some officials are bribed or personally threatened to back off. Many people aware of the danger are too fearful to go out after dark to even stop at a convenience store or vending machine, and those working at night fear for their lives and well-being. Despite all of this, there is still a select few people who feel incapable of idly watching the chaos. This is a story of one such person, a young man with special abilities of his own and a mastery of various styles of kung-fu, and the people he comes to meet and the trials he will face in the near future as he struggles to keep his true identity as a vigilante crime fighter secret.
[btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/tokyo-heroes-ic.155306/]IC[/btn][btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/tokro-heroes-cs.154064/]CS[/btn]​

This is a small, anime-inspired group RP with a direct focus on a few major characters, my own being a direct center point. As described above, it is set in modern Tokyo, but in a somewhat alternate reality where the only major difference is that a select few people are born with special abilities and powers that no one else has. That being said, it's not exactly impossible for some people to be born with similar abilities to another (there are only so many different kinds), but typically, it should not be very common for a person to be born with such a gift. Within the setting of the RP there are many criminals, normal and super powered alike, committing crimes and the like against innocent people; happening more frequently at night but still occasionally during the day. The local police do their best, but due to the influence of the Yakuza as well as the ability of many of the gangsters themselves they have been having a hard time. This has led a very select few people of able body to take up becoming vigilante heroes during their spare time, the first one to appear having been my own character.

Considering the nature of this RP and the basic plans for it, it should have a maximum of 3-5 people; each controlling preferably 1 or 2 main characters, depending on the roles, and any number of side characters which can be created as needed. This is intended to be an RP where us members discuss among ourselves our desired direction or plan for the RP, how we want it to play out as we go along, and preferably keep it from being too random unless the situation calls for exactly that. Essentially I'd like to make sure everyone is on the same page as we go along, but also keep it open to creative ideas for events or situations to put the characters through if anyone should come up with any.

Currently we are recruiting members, as our original cast of members has had some disappearances. Current members are free to make new characters, but adding a couple more members would help to fill in our cast.There are plenty of potential characters that can be made, as well as some required roles that need to be filled. Some examples of characters we need or can have as sides that have yet to be taken include:
  1. The Heroine (our currently submitted one has left)
  2. Coworkers of An Ling
  3. Someone who is both the above and a vigilante hero(to add an interesting twist)
  4. Gang leader or member
  5. Known/named thug with special abilities (I'd like to use one that's already in the CS, but the user responsible for the character is missing)
  6. Anyone else who would be frequently involved with one of the 2 lead characters (accounting for the Heroine that we need replaced)

Last edited:
Hmm... I'm not sure how that would work exactly (what with her being centered around motoring/motorsports.

Hmm... I'm not sure how that would work exactly (what with her being centered around motoring/motorsports.
I edited more in the last post I made, did you see those? I mentioned stuff like info broker (which can totally be done alongside some vigilante work or whatnot, or even straight up gang member, but it's up to you

I meant I'm not sure how her being an info broker would work. She workd in a motorsport profession, which doesn't really have occupations related to being an info broker.

well an info broker is just someone who stays really well informed about various people and events in an area, typically because they have lots of connections in the underground as well as with government officials and even witnessing stuff themselves, but I'll let you figure out what to do with your character as I need to get some sleep

@MetalNova I just looked over Aya, and for the most part she looks pretty good, though there are just a few things I'd like to comment/question on in relation to her power. First off, since she gets a power up I'd assume that's part of her power, yes? Also, by slicing and cuts do you mean she can cut things with her limbs and whatnot? If not, what in particular is involved in her slicing ability? Lastly, by "nausea from blood loss and the like are transferred with the cut" do you mean she herself feels the nausea from cuts she makes on others or... ?
Oh, okay! Sorry for not being clear enough ^^;

Yup, the power up is part of her power! And with the slicing and cutting thing yeah, I mean she can use her arms and legs to cut things in addition to using normal edged weaponry. If she strikes you with her hand, you get cut.

For the nausea thing I mean she transfers the results of the cut to the target. So let's say she slices one guy's arm off or something. She transfers the cut to another guy, so his arm then flies off, even if his arm is a lot bigger or something. Or if she cleaves an apple in half and transfers the cut to a door, the door will become bisected as well!

Hope that makes everything clear! And I'm glad you think she looks good : D

Yup, the power up is part of her power!And with the slicing and cutting thing yeah, I mean she can use her arms and legs to cut things in addition to using normal edged weaponry. If she strikes you with her hand, you get cut.
Okay, so the way you type of her abilities makes it seem as if she has to make a cut before she gets the power off, so what I would do if your first order of mention; essentially saying that she can give her entire body a power boost and alongside that she can boost the sharpness of her Limbs and any objects she wields so that they can cut nearly anything. I just feel it would make more sense that way

For the nausea thing I mean she transfers the results of the cut to the target. So let's say she slices one guy's arm off or something. She transfers the cut to another guy, so his arm then flies off, even if his arm is a lot bigger or something. Or if she cleaves an apple in half and transfers the cut to a door, the door will become bisected as well!
As for this part I think you should take it out to be honest. Depending on how it's executed, this trait could either make her more OP than she is or needs to be, or it could be completely redundant. I mean she already has the speed and power boost so if she made the duplicate cuts by touch well she could've easily just made another cut herself, whereas if she could do it from a distance then it would get rid of her core weakness as a fighter aside from her inexperience: her effect range.

All I need to do now is get Hino's bio sorted.

I have a vague idea of what's gonna be included, it's just getting it down in writing.

All I need to do now is get Hino's bio sorted.

I have a vague idea of what's gonna be included, it's just getting it down in writing.
I feel your pain. Also, I just got the bonus pictures for An Ling, Hien, and Li Fu to FINALLY display

Cool.

What do you think of Hino so far?
So far I find her intriguing; how she's 23 but still wears a high school uniform all the time, as well as how she transforms into a racecar and how she would go about using such an ability in combat, not to mention how anyone could hold her back from going too far in a fight when she's in car form XD still though, I'm nonetheless convinced that how you set up her ability totally opens the possibility for her being an info broker on the side since she could gather SO MUCH info sneaking around as a car, plus dem fast getaways, but oh well X3 as I said it is completely your choice

I meant I'm not sure how her being an info broker would work. She workd in a motorsport profession, which doesn't really have occupations related to being an info broker.
back on this^ since I feel I didn't quite explain very well: she'd still have her normal job in motorsports, but selling information to select persons would essentially be a "night job", in other words, one that she only does behind closed doors and that only select few people know about her being, but obviously being a vigilante hero and an info broker wouldn't work, and based on her personality I don't quite see her having the patience for info broking, I just wanted to make sure I clarified my explanation ^^'

Hey I posted a character in the CS but I'm thinking of changing him to the gang leader if that is still available?

@Don I just looked over your character and he looks pretty good, but I just wanted to know if you had anything for the extra info/trivia field? I not then you can go ahead and just delete it from the CS since it's only an optional field to begin with. If I had to say anything about the character himself though, it'd have to be that his personality feels like it would better fit as a troublemaker of sorts; not exactly Yakuza material but he doesn't seem the type to be a vigilante hero. For that matter, Hino is kind of an odd placement for someone wanting to fight crime too @TheTechnologicVampire

EDIT: I looked over him before you commented here in the OOC (like immediately after you posted him since I just happened to be on the forum at the time), but managed to see your comment before posting my own so I'm just adding my response here instead of fixing my above comment :P I feel like he wouldn't be the head leader of the Yakuza (seeing as they've been around for hundreds of years and are typically run by the same family that's been running it from the beginning and he's only 18) but I can see him being a leader of a branch of the gang or even the next upcoming leader, heir to the leading family and whatnot. Still though, I feel that he wouldn't be assigned as full leader until he was more experienced for the position, so for the time being he'd be leader of a particular branch of his own followers; people that got beaten up by him in the past and ended up gaining respect for him and whatnot. How does that sound?

@Don I just looked over your character and he looks pretty good, but I just wanted to know if you had anything for the extra info/trivia field? I not then you can go ahead and just delete it from the CS since it's only an optional field to begin with. If I had to say anything about the character himself though, it'd have to be that his personality feels like it would better fit as a troublemaker of sorts; not exactly Yakuza material but he doesn't seem the type to be a vigilante hero. For that matter, Hino is kind of an odd placement for someone wanting to fight crime too @TheTechnologicVampire

EDIT: I looked over him before you commented here in the OOC (like immediately after you posted him since I just happened to be on the forum at the time), but managed to see your comment before posting my own so I'm just adding my response here instead of fixing my above comment :P I feel like he wouldn't be the head leader of the Yakuza (seeing as they've been around for hundreds of years and are typically run by the same family that's been running it from the beginning and he's only 18) but I can see him being a leader of a branch of the gang or even the next upcoming leader, heir to the leading family and whatnot. Still though, I feel that he wouldn't be assigned as full leader until he was more experienced for the position, so for the time being he'd be leader of a particular branch of his own followers; people that got beaten up by him in the past and ended up gaining respect for him and whatnot. How does that sound?
Yeah that's what I meant by reworking him, I may have done a massive overhaul to him, exchanging his age, personality and history to fit the role better

Also about what you mentioned about the Yakuza if they asked him to join them getting to keep his crew and just having to take orders when they're given he'd join in

I mean, I can always lower her age to something more suiting (18 or 19). As for her power, it works kind of like the man-made Transformers in Age of Extinction. She is not able to physically fight in her vehicle mode, only being able to use it like a battering ram or something similar.

Yeah that's what I meant by reworking him, I may have done a massive overhaul to him, exchanging his age, personality and history to fit the role better

Also about what you mentioned about the Yakuza if they asked him to join them getting to keep his crew and just having to take orders when they're given he'd join in
Awesome, he looks really cool now! :D I especially like that quote of his XD it's perfect for the role. With this switch up of age, however, if he had gone to a university he'd have graduated by now so you may want to look at that. Maybe instead of going to a university he could work as a bartender or something so you don't have to scrap the suit since I feel like him wearing a suit would just fit so well XD

I mean, I can always lower her age to something more suiting (18 or 19). As for her power, it works kind of like the man-made Transformers in Age of Extinction. She is not able to physically fight in her vehicle mode, only being able to use it like a battering ram or something similar.
The sailor-fuku comment was meant to be a plus to her character; I was saying I found it to be a funny personality quirk that could be frequently commented on by other characters. As for why she's an odd placement for being a hero it was more in relation to her having a short temper, being fight-prone, and also for using guns in most of her combat since just owning or possessing a gun is a serious crime in Japan and people will even get stopped by a police officer just for having a convincing gun look-alike (such as a model or the like) and possibly even get arrested. As for the part about Transformers, I actually haven't seen Age of Extinction yet, but I assumed the form was supposed to be used for stuff like that, but I also know that you can cause some pretty serious damage to a person with a speeding car and if she were to do that it'd be impossible to stop her XD

The Radical wouldn't be mainly used for that. It'd be used more like Transformers use them: for transport and other things of the sort. If she was able to transform into a weaponised vehicle, then she could maybe use it to fight (such as a tank or similar), but as it is, her vehicle wouldn't really be used in fights.

We could build on that gun-thing at some point in the RP (maybe have an encounter with the police?) But they wpuldn't be able to chase her if she went into vehicle mode, if F&F Tokyo Drift is co

Alright, my CS for PSIA Agent Sakamoto/Alton is coming along. Just working on Personality, then it's presentable, but will still need work.

The Radical wouldn't be mainly used for that. It'd be used more like Transformers use them: for transport and other things of the sort. If she was able to transform into a weaponised vehicle, then she could maybe use it to fight (such as a tank or similar), but as it is, her vehicle wouldn't really be used in fights.

We could build on that gun-thing at some point in the RP (maybe have an encounter with the police?) But they wpuldn't be able to chase her if she went into vehicle mode, if F&F Tokyo Drift is co
co? what's that?

Alright, my CS for PSIA Agent Sakamoto/Alton is coming along. Just working on Personality, then it's presentable, but will still need work.
awesome, sounds great! After I type up a post for a different RP I'm behind on I'll get started on An Ling's bio and update the CS header post for completed characters

I meant to put 'correct', but accidently sent it before I could finish typing. XD

Okay, so the way you type of her abilities makes it seem as if she has to make a cut before she gets the power off, so what I would do if your first order of mention; essentially saying that she can give her entire body a power boost and alongside that she can boost the sharpness of her Limbs and any objects she wields so that they can cut nearly anything. I just feel it would make more sense that way

As for this part I think you should take it out to be honest. Depending on how it's executed, this trait could either make her more OP than she is or needs to be, or it could be completely redundant. I mean she already has the speed and power boost so if she made the duplicate cuts by touch well she could've easily just made another cut herself, whereas if she could do it from a distance then it would get rid of her core weakness as a fighter aside from her inexperience: her effect range.
Okay, I'll do as you suggest! It'll just be a power up plus sharpness increase ^_^