• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the alchemical potions are poisons, clarify what color does what.

Red could be for bleeding, lacerating potions

Blue could be for slowed effects, numbing effects, etc.

Consider what each color is in the making of the potions. I agree with Slade its a good idea, but you should add more details to it. There's nothing more unfun for the GM or even those playing it when there is not a set deliberate rule in place. The less detail you give the more that allows for situations [and I'm not say this would be the case with you specifically here, but I have seen it happen with other people] "he can do that because of his vague X thing I gave him and GM or other members can't fight me on X thing because I didn't put detail into X thing"

Rather avoid that.
Now I can see the misunderstanding here xD
I have written what each of them does, but writing on the phone is a tricky business, and when I was taking the bus I realized that I hadnt included the number of potions he has in the CS, only what each potion does. Now that Im home Im adding that to the CS as well. I hope that clarified things :)

Now I can see the misunderstanding here xD
I have written what each of them does, but writing on the phone is a tricky business, and when I was taking the bus I realized that I hadnt included the number of potions he has in the CS, only what each potion does. Now that Im home Im adding that to the CS as well. I hope that clarified things :)

Ah gotcha. All right. I just wanted to make sure. lol

But can you do me one favor @Windstormugly can you take your character sheet out of the spoiler? I often forget GMs put character information on the front page and so whenever we're in the IC, I'll scroll to the page of the character sheets to look at their appearance or consider an observation about them. Much easier to do when I can just scroll down and look at something.

So this meant to be addressed to everyone, but also @Slade

I added some more things to Nuit sheet last minute. I added a secondary faceclaim, because continuity and OCD do not mix. So I have an adventure face claim, plus his party claim. Nuit, borrowed and acquired some fancy digs. Yeah let's go with that.

Plus I added a battle theme song, because could I really help myself

and I added some detail about his main clothes in a less blurry creative photo

Reactions: Dovahkiin
Ah gotcha. All right. I just wanted to make sure. lol

But can you do me one favor @Windstormugly can you take your character sheet out of the spoiler? I often forget GMs put character information on the front page and so whenever we're in the IC, I'll scroll to the page of the character sheets to look at their appearance or consider an observation about them. Much easier to do when I can just scroll down and look at something.
But then it'll take up the whole freaking screen x_x
It's one click of a button. If anything I would add more spoilers inside of it ;)

But then it'll take up the whole freaking screen x_x
It's one click of a button. If anything I would add more spoilers inside of it ;)

Look at the way other people did their sheets. Formatting is your friend mate

@Windstormugly looked it over and there is enough detail in the potions that I can give it a acceptance. I'll put you up in the Cast list shortly

Okay, this is the official announcement. The RP will be going up in about an hour and a half. After that the Application period will be closed. So if people want to get a completed CS up, this is the absolute last chance you have. I know some people who PM'ed me some ideas who haven't put anything out yet. I'm sorry but I gotta stick to deadlines and get something up before people get impatient. Who knows, there may be an opening at a later time in the future.

6796f827e3675b4cfc1a32ef7190dd4d.jpg

Standing at 5'5", she's of average height and rather lean but well-muscled. She keeps her hair short because she can't exactly style it. Her eyes, grey and sightless, are wide and rather devoid of emotion.
Name
Selia Mallory
"Blind Misfortune"
Sex
Female
Bio
Born into a rather small community in the newly-founded Kingdom of Aldrit, Selia Mallory was never anything noteworthy from the start. In fact, she was quite the opposite. Born completely blind in both eyes, she could never leave the house by herself, even for a moment. Everyone, being a bit superstitious, believed her to be a sign of bad luck on the family, but nothing ever really backed up the rumors for a majority of her life. When she was around seven, her father left Selia and her mother to join the constant fight against the Kingdom of Xabsiga. Three months later, he was dead, and they were left penniless. Soon after, they were kicked out onto the street by their landlord and were only able to survive because her mother's sister lived in the next town. So, for several months, they lived in a house with five small children and two estranged parents. Being in a completely new environment and literally blind to it all, Selia had to learn to adapt quickly, using her naturally heightened senses of smell, hearing, and touch to navigate the town when she needed to. As life settled, everything appeared to be well and good--if you looked past the crippling idea that her father was dead and gone from the world. But as a blind girl in a new town with new people, she had much to worry about.

Upon her eighth birthday, her mother became gravely ill. The town's physician did everything he could, but it was in vain. The stench of her death pervaded every part of that house, and Selia hated it. Her aunt and uncle, already with so many mouths to feed, had no idea how to take care of a little blind girl. Though they were not evil people, they simply could not take care of her, and the town's belief that she only brought bad luck did not help anything. When a merchant's caravan came through the humble town, the couple saw their opportunity in a blind old man who seemed to be in charge of it all. They begged him to take her, hoping that their similar physical situation would persuade him. Much to surprise, it did. The old man took her without complaint, even throwing a few coins at the middle-aged couple "for your troubles in taking care of such a child that is not your own."

And so her journey began, and it was soon learned that this merchant caravan was not what it appeared. Even being so young, little Selia was expected to do much. Before she fully understood, the old man was teaching her a special type of magic--the kind that could only be used by a few. This magic, quia cæcus ("for the blind"), allowed the blind old man to do something quite extraordinary: to see beyond the limitations of his sight. After five years of learning discipline and unlocking her magical potential (which had piqued the old man's interest in the first place), she looked upon the world for the first time. Yet, at the same time, she did not. Magic could not heal her sight, but it allowed her to see something much more. By then, she had learned this old merchant caravan was a safe haven for mercenaries and ex-soldiers wanting to escape the fight between Aldrit and Xabsiga. They taught her much. After finally learning to "see," the old man taught her how to fight with a sword. It was more than a little difficult, and it took her many years to become anything more than average. For even after she began to see, she had to learn to interpret what she saw.

After some time, the old man decided that the Aldrit held little for them, so they decided to move on. They left for the main continent and began their roaming once more, taking rather profitable jobs. All the while, Selia grew in her skill. Finally, at age 22, she was able to best anyone in the caravan--even the old man. She was usually their first pick for the more difficult jobs, and she proved herself every time. After so many years, she had forgotten the misfortune that had followed her, but it would rear its ugly head once more. When passing through the Eastern Wild Lands in attempts to reach the Eastern Vulgo, goblins appeared in great numbers, and they had no chance even with their skill. Selia was the only one to escape with her life, and she did not come out unscathed. Having lost the only real home she'd known since her child years, she roamed, picking up what jobs she could with her trusty sword at her side. Despite her experience, hardly anyone wanted to trust her skills given her obvious blindness, so it often felt impossible to have enough money for food. Until one day, she was passing through Bocht Mor in the Western Vulgo.

A young man who seemed to be without worth approached her with a sizeable amount of gold. Somehow, he knew of her past under the old man and his mercenary caravan, and he thought her skills well enough to suit his needs. All she had to do was kill Opheius Gray--a name she did not particularly recognize. The job was simple enough, and the young man even gave her the time and place for the kill. She followed it to the letter, only to discover that she had more to deal with than she thought. Opheius Gray, a wealthy man of consequence, had plenty of guards to protect him from would-be assassins like herself. She fought less for the job and more for her life, but she triumphed in the end and finished the task with gold as the reward. Unbeknownst to her, the deed was considered great, and her name became more famous than it had ever been.

Months later, in the midst of her wandering and sudden boom of possible mercenary jobs, she was approached with the best of her offers yet. Now, she's somehow found herself in the presence of King Lysander himself. The old man would have laughed.
Strengths
+Sight of the Blind: She can see a shadow of what the world is--and then some. Rather than "seeing" things, she senses them, and this has given her the ability to predict the movements of others to some extent. She can navigate without anyone's help, and she knows when someone right in front of her is about throw a punch.
+Way of the Sword: Her weapon of expertise is the sword, and her past actions have made her a name amongst those who use it.
+Calm Disposition: She is able to keep her head clear even in the midst of combat.
+Experience: She has years of experience in fighting and has no qualms about killing others.
+Heightened Senses: Despite her ability to "see" with magic, her body still perceives itself as blind. Because of this, she has a heightened sense of hearing, smell, touch, and taste. She can perceive differences that most people cannot.

Weaknesses
--Bad Luck: For reasons unknown to even herself, misfortune seems to follow her wherever she goes. Even if it takes years, something bad is bound to happen at some point.
--Lack of Sight: Though able to see through magic, she still does not have sight in the traditional sense. She has no depth perception, and she cannot tell how far away something is--rather that it's just there. As such, she cannot use ranged weapons like throwing knives or bows; she would very likely hit nothing after one hundred tries.
--Movement of Crowds: In large crowds, her ability to perceive a person's planned actions is so greatly lessened that it becomes useless and confusing.
--Planned vs Instinct: In addition to the above, she cannot see a person's immediate future actions if they are acting on pure instinct or emotion.
--Something Learned, Something Earned: She was never truly taught how to respect others based on their age or rank. Rather, she only respects a person when she has learned something about them that is worth respecting. This can cause a rather messy situation if she were to speak openly to a nobleman (how is she supposed to know they have a rank?).
--Limited Magic: Her skill in magic only goes so far as to allow her to "see." She can't wield elements or heal or anything of the sort.

Equipment
+Double-Edged Sword: It's in above average condition, but it's no steel blade of a knight.
+Medium Armor: She can take a few blows, but her armor is not meant to withstand lengthy fights or direct hits from a sword or arrow.
+Change of Clothes: Not the best but comfortable and practical
+Gold: She has leftover gold from her most recent job in the Western Vulgo.
+Dagger: She keeps it as a last resort (or for mundane tasks), but she prefers her sword.

~*~*~*~

NOTE: I'll change anything as needed. I just wanted to get it up. In all my bad luck (ironic given this character), my progress got deleted twice (no thanks to whoever closed my tabs last night...).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dovahkiin
@kimsim12

I made a character like that once

I totally did not think of this character because I was watching Avatar: The Last Airbender

I totally get it, don't worry ;)

6796f827e3675b4cfc1a32ef7190dd4d.jpg

Standing at 5'5", she's of average height and rather lean but well-muscled. She keeps her hair short because she can't exactly style it. Her eyes, grey and sightless, are wide and rather devoid of emotion.
Name
Selia Mallory
"Blind Misfortune"
Sex
Female
Bio
Born into a rather small community in the newly-founded Kingdom of Aldrit, Selia Dawn was never anything noteworthy from the start. In fact, she was quite the opposite. Born completely blind in both eyes, she could never leave the house by herself, even for a moment. Everyone, being a bit superstitious, believed her to be a sign of bad luck on the family, but nothing ever really backed up the rumors for a majority of her life. When she was around seven, her father left Selia and her mother to join the constant fight against the Kingdom of Xabsiga. Three months later, he was dead, and they were left penniless. Soon after, they were kicked out onto the street by their landlord and were only able to survive because her mother's sister lived in the next town. So, for several months, they lived in a house with five small children and two estranged parents. Being in a completely new environment and literally blind to it all, Selia had to learn to adapt quickly, using her naturally heightened senses of smell, hearing, and touch to navigate the town when she needed to. As life settled, everything appeared to be well and good--if you looked past the crippling idea that her father was dead and gone from the world. But as a blind girl in a new town with new people, she had much to worry about.

Upon her eighth birthday, her mother became gravely ill. The town's physician did everything he could, but it was in vain. The stench of her death pervaded every part of that house, and Selia hated it. Her aunt and uncle, already with so many mouths to feed, had no idea how to take care of a little blind girl. Though they were not evil people, they simply could not take care of her, and the town's belief that she only brought bad luck did not help anything. When a merchant's caravan came through the humble town, the couple saw their opportunity in a blind old man who seemed to be in charge of it all. They begged him to take her, hoping that their similar physical situation would persuade him. Much to surprise, it did. The old man took her without complaint, even throwing a few coins at the middle-aged couple "for your troubles in taking care of such a child that is not your own."

And so her journey began, and it was soon learned that this merchant caravan was not what it appeared. Even being so young, little Selia was expected to do much. Before she fully understood, the old man was teaching her a special type of magic--the kind that could only be used by a few. This magic, quia cæcus ("for the blind"), allowed the blind old man to do something quite extraordinary: to see beyond the limitations of his sight. After five years of learning discipline and unlocking her magical potential (which had piqued the old man's interest in the first place), she looked upon the world for the first time. Yet, at the same time, she did not. Magic could not heal her sight, but it allowed her to see something much more. By then, she had learned this old merchant caravan was a safe haven for mercenaries and ex-soldiers wanting to escape the fight between Aldrit and Xabsiga. They taught her much. After finally learning to "see," the old man taught her how to fight with a sword. It was more than a little difficult, and it took her many years to become anything more than average. For even after she began to see, she had to learn to interpret what she saw.

After some time, the old man decided that the Aldrit held little for them, so they decided to move on. They left for the main continent and began their roaming once more, taking rather profitable jobs. All the while, Selia grew in her skill. Finally, at age 22, she was able to best anyone in the caravan--even the old man. She was usually their first pick for the more difficult jobs, and she proved herself every time. After so many years, she had forgotten the misfortune that had followed her, but it would rear its ugly head once more. When passing through the Eastern Wild Lands in attempts to reach the Eastern Vulgo, goblins appeared in great numbers, and they had no chance even with their skill. Selia was the only one to escape with her life, and she did not come out unscathed. Having lost the only real home she'd known since her child years, she roamed, picking up what jobs she could with her trusty sword at her side. Hardly anyone wanted to trust her skills--despite her experience--given her obvious blindness, so it often felt impossible to have enough money for food. Until one day, she was passing through Bocht Mor in the Western Vulgo.

A young man who seemed to be without worth approached her with a sizeable amount of gold. Somehow, he knew of her past under the old man and his mercenary caravan, and he thought her skills well enough to suit his needs. All she had to do was kill Opheius Gray--a name she did not particularly recognized. The job was simple enough, and the young man even gave her the time and place for the kill. She followed it to the letter, only to discover that she had more to deal with than she thought. Opheius Gray, a wealthy man of consequence, had plenty of guards to protect him from would-be assassins like herself. She fought less for the job and more for her life, but she triumphed in the end and finished the task with gold as the reward. Unbeknownst to her, the deed was considered great, and her name became more famous than it had ever been.

Months later, in the midst of her wandering and sudden boom of possible mercenary jobs, she was approached with the best of her offers yet. Now, she's somehow found herself in the presence of King Lysander himself. The old man would have laughed.
Strengths
+Sight of the Blind: She can see a shadow of what the world is--and then some. Rather than "seeing" things, she senses them, and this has given her the ability to predict the movements of others to some extent. She can navigate without anyone's help, and she knows when someone right in front of her is about throw a punch.
+Way of the Sword: Her weapon of expertise is the sword, and her past actions have made her a name amongst those who use it.
+Calm Disposition: She is able to keep her head clear even in the midst of combat.
+Experience: She has years of experience in fighting and has no qualms about killing others.
+Heightened Senses: Despite her ability to "see" with magic, her body still perceives itself as blind. Because of this, she has a heightened sense of hearing, smell, touch, and taste. She can perceive differences that most people cannot.

Weaknesses
--Bad Luck: For reasons unknown to even herself, misfortune seems to follow her wherever she goes. Even if it takes years, something bad is bound to happen at some point.
--Lack of Sight: Though able to see through magic, she still does not have sight in the traditional sense. She has no depth perception, and she cannot tell how far away something is--rather that it's just there. As such, she cannot use ranged weapons like throwing knives or bows; she would very likely hit nothing after one hundred tries.
--Movement of Crowds: In large crowds, her ability to perceive a person's planned actions is so greatly lessened that it becomes useless and confusing.
--Planned vs Instinct: In addition to the above, she cannot see a person's immediate future actions if they are acting on pure instinct or emotion.
--Something Learned, Something Earned: She was never truly taught how to respect others based on their age or rank. Rather, she only respects a person when she has learned something about them that is worth respecting. This can cause a rather messy situation if she were to speak openly to a nobleman (how is she supposed to know they have a rank?).
--Limited Magic: Her skill in magic only goes so far as to allow her to "see." She can't wield elements or heal or anything of the sort.

Equipment
+Double-Edged Sword: It's in above average condition, but it's no steel blade of a knight.
+Medium Armor: She can take a few blows, but her armor is not meant to withstand lengthy fights or direct hits from a sword or arrow.
+Change of Clothes: Not the best but comfortable and practical
+Gold: She has leftover gold from her most recent job in the Western Vulgo.
+Dagger: She keeps it as a last resort (or for mundane tasks), but she prefers her sword.

~*~*~*~

NOTE: I'll change anything as needed. I just wanted to get it up. In all my bad luck (ironic given this character), my progress got deleted twice (no thanks to whoever closed my tabs last night...).
lmao, you made it by the skin of your teeth. And lucky for you I have no issues. Accepted.

THE IC IS UP. CLICK THE LINK HERE

I have a few updates I need to make to the OOC post that I will do later when I'm not so tired. happy reading. I feel its a little short for a first IC post but I think I gave everyone enough hooks to go on.

• Thank You
Reactions: Dovahkiin and Rae
lmao, you made it by the skin of your teeth. And lucky for you I have no issues. Accepted.

I have a few updates I need to make to the OOC post that I will do later when I'm not so tired. happy reading. I feel its a little short for a first IC post but I think I gave everyone enough hooks to go on.
Haza!!! ONWARDS TO GLORY!!!

That's how I roll ;)

Actually, it's really not I just got really busy AND SOMEONE DELETED MY PROGRESS TWICE. (Like seriously, I kept the tabs open for a reason *sigh*)

I thought it was a great read.

Off topic; bucket of rainbows seems to be my favorite rating to give everyone.

"You get a rainbow"

"and you get a rainbow"

"AND YOU GET A RAINBOW"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Rae and Dovahkiin
@Slade

Quick question;

have the party been introduced to one another already?

and tis is entirely possible to write our characters BEFORE THE PARTY sections and AT THE PARTY sections, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.