Status
Not open for further replies.
"...So super strength it is! Right? Or...something else?"

"It's part of it yes," Feng replied. He really wanted to show it more than explain, "But it may behoove me to elaborate on the innate abilities each individual possesses. You see, those of Remnant that call themselves hunter, or huntress, share similar physical abilities. It is because of our heritage we come with what we call aura, born of our souls. It physically empowers us and not all are endowed with an equal amount; some are stronger or faster or tougher than others. Nonetheless, we are a superhuman breed. Furthermore, each individual is uniquely identified with what is called a semblance, an extension of our soul. You've deciphered my physical capabilities but not my semblance. I wish to demonstrate precisely this."

Amid his lengthy, yet well elaborated monologue, Feng directed the way until they found the gym.

"I truly should've brought another apple. Perhaps there's an instrument here I can better utilize in its stead." *crunch* Yeah, that apple's gone.

@C.T.

Last edited:
Bridget seemed disappointed by the response but he quickly brightened back up without missing a beat.

"Oh, I get ya! Don't worry about it! I'm sure there will be plenty of chances to see your magic in action! Roger, in particular hasn't seen good magic in a long time! Something about how mages weren't really worth his time! But you seem pretty cool, Rin!" Bridget said before glancing over at the fight that May was trying to break up. "Oooh! Would this count as one of the occasions that you could use your magic for? Maybe to like restrain these two or something?"

Externally:

kkTDC1Y.jpg

"Ahaha, that is... so... funny!"

Internally:

Did this little brat just diss her and mages via projecting himself on a stuffed animal? Because she was pretty sure that was just what happened! Her smile stayed but the gems were caught in her fingers in vice like grips and her other hand drummed the table fast enough to form a dubstep beatline. She didn't come here to get judged by some toy. She could show the rude little bear right here and now just how powerful she was! Blow both those hooligans back to the stone age!

But...

No. Not this time. No matter what she did, whatever the task, she always performed to absolute perfection, right up until the most important part. Well not today! She was not going to make a fool of herself on her first day here by jumping into a fight the teachers were hopefully competent enough to have under control. Heck, for all she knew she'd just get detention too, even if her intentions were completely altruistic. She took a deep breath and shrugged as her fingers stopped their tapping and she started to put the gems back in her pocket. "But there's already a teacher present. I don't want to upstage his authority on the first day. Besides, they seem to be just talking now. More firepower would just set them off again, even if it was only to restrain."

@Chewy Rabbits @OrlandoBloomers @C.T.

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and C.T.
"To be fair, Pomeranians don't take flight or talk either," Logan admitted, his face stoic to reflect the sarcasm underlying what he'd said. He was appreciative of the fact that the musician vampire saw it fit to absolve herself of physical contact with the mutant, her arm around his shoulder retracted as she pulled away. There was just something about otherworldly entities being in close contact that set his senses off. That and he wasn't that altogether familiar with her despite her casual familiarity.

Though his face pursed, for a nanosecond, when he realized she was strumming alongside his words. He caught the subtle bodily mannerism of the radical vampire's, realizing she was going to go along with the teasing. That in of itself was something to be liked for, maybe he could stand to relax a bit around her.

Logan snorted, "More like help ya find yer way back ta society on top of findin' food 'n shelter. Ya know, way-finding is incredibly useful tat ya probably could find yerself with it more than music could do fer ya." The mutant slung shade that it seemed unnecessary to have a parasol overhead (:|). "I should, I could give drums a go. Y'know what you ain't so bad yerself, ya don't suck with the axe there."

Cue Logan cringing mentally as he utilized the vernacular of Quinton Quire's.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Takumi @Students
"...If we're having a music competition or forming a band, would it just be limited to staff or could students give it a go?" She asked, plenty curious.

@Indolent @OrlandoBloomers @Takumi @students
Cynthia gave Marceline a small applause, her smile bright.

"Oh wow, I've never seen an ax used in such a way before! That's really cool!" she said in awe.

"A band? That sounds fun. Though, I haven't tried singing or anything like play an instrument with what was going on back home during the war with Pleiga and Valm and all that..." Cynthia said as she played with the wedding ring that her mother from the future left behind. She trailed off a bit and lost some of her enthusiasm for a second there.

After a moment of silence the young Pegasus Knight's stomach growl and she seemed sheepish for a second.

"Oh yeah, totally forgot about eating..." Cynthia muttered to herself with a small laugh.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Indolent

Marceline seemed to flush aglow at Cynthia's applause, or as aglow as a thousand-year-old vampire demon with skin as pale as a corpse could be. Waving it off, she grinned fangishly and arched one eyebrow just high enough to be cool, the axe-bass slipping back over her shoulder as she again took hold of the parasol that was extremely necessary to keep her from burning to a crisp and dying, obviously... Logan.

"Thanks, it's a family heirloom. I helped it find its true calling 'bout a thousand years ago. Now it slays on the stage and in the rage, if ya feel me."

She winked, as proud as ever to be the owner of a bass guitar that doubled as a weapon. Too bad about her daddy's heirloom, though. There was lots of things too bad about him. Marceline waved Logan's jabs away like they were fruit flies, eyes shut as she got all deep for a minute and spoke from the soul. Oh wait, she had no soul.

"Don't listen to the janitor, ghoulettes. I'm talkin' finding your inner selves. Sound is like a rollercoaster that takes you on a one-way ride to self-discovery. You know how much gunk and schmooze you can't pull outta your mind anywhere else comes out through song? Strings, beats, lyrics, they let you forge your own identity for yourself in a way nothing else can."

ALfwnrU.png

She shook away her inspirational googly eyes, returning to a more normal state and smirking breezily with twin fangs protruding slightly over her bottom lip.

"Or you can just jam for funs. I do both."

The Vampire Queen didn't forget Liadan's question, of course, floating over in her direction blithely and touching her shoulder lightly as she hovered around her like a spooky vampire and did the same to Cynthia's shoulder with her other hand. "You guys are the stars of the show. I'm just the teacher. Even if you don't play, there's plenty of stuff you can do to get involved with the music department. And a Battle of the Bands? At the school I work for?! Are you kidding? That's like my dream!"

She paused and changed tracks, glancing abruptly towards Cynthia. She didn't need a musician's ear to pick up on the growl in the student's stomach. Levitating forward to point over towards the food court, Marceline flashed a vampiric grin and wiggled her fingers.

"Haha, well, I ate before I got here. Lucky for you guys. The lunch ladies always have something left if you wanna brave the lines."

Whether it was worth it or not was another question.

@C.T. @Indolent @Takumi

tumblr_nqpskxLD2P1slgxxho1_250.jpg

"But you did choose to be the cunt who takes a swing at another's scroll, didn't you?" She shot back with a cold glare, having stepped closer to this ongoing outburst once she had been given a new scroll in that trade. Just near enough to observe the fight and listen in, but not get in the way. Not unlike that brutal, no holds barred fight in the rocks...though this one likely wouldn't continue much longer.

@OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @Chewy Rabbits @u bitch : |​

tumblr_mhjzba4nzo1qh54z7o2_500.gif

"Yeah, well. I fuckin' apologized."

He drawled sarcastically while looking completely unrepentant, cockily pacing in a casual circle and sending a coy, unconcerned wink in the direction of the uptight-looking hot chick with twintails eyeing the fracas from a few tables down. Yeah. If Arya wanted him to feel bad or take responsibility that wasn't gonna work. He seemed more liable to just laugh at her.

@C.T. @Krieg @Chewy Rabbits @Schnee Corp Lawyer

tumblr_mf5gceiSTJ1rqgklbo1_500.gif

"What are you, the fly on the wall? If you could see through those pajamas maybe you'd know I'm not the one who started this fight. I don't get to pick where some douche takes a swing at me."

It was good for both parties that Akira's kicks managed to connect before Dante could have finished that last snipe. She had to give him one thing. He didn't appear to care that she was a girl at all. He was likely fighting as roughly as he would have with a man. Which was a nice change of pace given how often she'd been underestimated due to her gender. But her expression only grew more and more determined as her kicks continued to smash against these gauntlets he summoned. What exactly was this guy? Some kind of otherwordly being who happened to pose as an agitated teen with what looked like a nasty case of bedhead or something else?

Well, she supposed it didn't exactly matter. She'd taken on all kinds and just because this guy knew how to use a sword and could summon fancy gloves didn't make him any tougher.

But sheer determination can only get one so far and it doesn't help avoid a punch straight to the face. Akira's face scrunched up in pain as the stone covered fist smashed into the side of her head. If it hadn't been for a thin layer of energy between her and the gauntlet, it'd have been a miracle that it didn't outright bust her jaw. But she wasn't going to down alone. Raising her foot with as much oomph as she could muster, she pressed it right into Dante's chest and both of them were sent flying back. With Akira getting some sick air time as she skidded across the floor and kept going until she crashed right against a table.

"Agh..."

It'd been quite a while since she'd been struck with force on that kind of level. Gripping onto the corner of the table, Akira staggered to her feet and blew a stray bang out of her face. If Dante wasn't done than neither was she. He had said that she was wrong. But the proof was there for everyone to see and Akira could see as clear as day. Dante was in a desperate need to be taught some manners and it seemed to have fallen upon Akira to be the instructor.

photo-75846.jpg

"That all you got? My ass still feels pretty un-kicked."
megumin_3.jpg

"Finally found you."

A young mage clad in red approached the familiar group. Or, at least, Darkness and Aqua were familiar. Everyone else was just kinda...there. Well, no matter, they'd all fit into this party soon enough. Though at the mention of an anthropomorphic bear, Megumin looked a little excited, more or less ignoring the fight going on before them.

"A walking talking bear? Where, where? Can I see?"
Wanting to rush and tend to Akira after seeing her get flung through the air by Dante's right hook, Aqua's attention was pulled away yet again. This time to the sound of yet another familiar face.

"Megumin!"

Reaching out to glomp the young mage, Aqua held Megumin close to her as she let out a sigh of relief. It might not have been often that people were glad to see Megumin around. But given how stressful this day had become and in such little time, Aqua couldn't help but be the slightest bit relieved!

image20160206-13272-13yyx81.jpg

Still holding Megumin to her chest, Aqua glanced over at Bridget who seemed to be completely enamored in the fight/his conversation with Rin to pay the three girls any mind. What was it about Bridget that seemed to keep drawing people to him? Was it the fact that he looked like a girl and dressed like one despite adamantly being a boy? Or was it the strange teddy bear that Bridget seemed to imply had a name and a will all it's own? Aqua wasn't quite sure and maybe it was for the best that she didn't think too hard about it.

"Oh, it belongs to the same person Darkness is looking for! You see that boy-er-girl sitting next to the other girl eating the salad? That bear he is the one I'm talking about. Apparently it's been known to help her out in fights and what have you! I only just met him today though so I'm not entirely sure on what it can do. But there you have it though! Bridget and the sentient bear, Roger!'

What a couple of weirdos huh?
"Ahaha, that is... so... funny!"

Internally:

Did this little brat just diss her and mages via projecting himself on a stuffed animal? Because she was pretty sure that was just what happened! Her smile stayed but the gems were caught in her fingers in vice like grips and her other hand drummed the table fast enough to form a dubstep beatline. She didn't come here to get judged by some toy. She could show the rude little bear right here and now just how powerful she was! Blow both those hooligans back to the stone age!
latest

"Yeah, Roger's pretty funny at times! It's why I like having him around! Plus the fact that he kicks butt in combat!" Bridget exclaimed, completely unaware of both the attention that both him and Roger were receiving from two very strange girls. But then Rin's response...Didn't seem to faze him in the slightest. In fact he seemed kind of relieved that Rin wasn't going to get involved. Patting Roger on the head, Bridget spoke up once more.

"Oh yeah, that's totally sound reasoning Rin! It's probably a good thing too! Roger says you probably wouldn't have been able to do much here anyway. Something or other about you not looking like quality mage material. Which I guess makes some kinda sense since we are here to learn so we can only get better with time, right?" Bridget pondered, once again unaware of Roger's insulting nature. Or was he, who could say for sure?~

"Roger agrees with you though that the teacher should probably sort this out. Less chance of another student-like you-getting hurt! I wouldn't want to see you get hurt, Rin! You're the first new friend I've made here!" Bridget said with all the generosity in the world. Just then it seemed like Roger had disappeared from the table. "Oh, looks like Roger got up again! Now, where did he..Ah there he is!"

latest

Turning his head to look to the chair to the left of Rin, both would have seen that Roger was now occupying it. With Bridget's scroll in hand to boot and it seemed like the bear was studying it intently. Or well, as intently as you can look over something with button eyes.

He drawled sarcastically while looking completely unrepentant, cockily pacing in a casual circle and sending a coy, unconcerned wink in the direction of the uptight-looking hot chick with twintails eyeing the fracas from a few tables down. Yeah. If Arya wanted him to feel bad or take responsibility that wasn't gonna work. He seemed more liable to just laugh at her.
"With very little sincerity."

Akira added on that little snippet as she started on her way back towards Dante. She wasn't going to let him off the hook just yet. She was glad that the girl who's scroll had been cracked in the first place had somehow gotten a hold of a new one by the looks of it. But what was to stop Dante from doing something similar to someone else who wouldn't be compensated? Someone had to challenge this kind of attitude in the here and now.

"You're going to give this girl the apology she deserves...right...no..w?"

Was...Was she speaking in slow motion? What was going on? It was suddenly as if she was wading through molasses for some reason. As her eyes tried to dart around the dining hall, she'd rest her gaze upon the newcomer who had entered the hall who was removing what looked to be some kind of brace from his right arm.

"Hiya. Teacher here. Yeah, I think we're about done here. Agreed? Agreed."

Given how he seemed to be speaking normally, Akira could only conclude that he was the one who had caused time to apparently slow down. But that wasn't all he was doing. What was going on with that arm of his. Akira could only continue to step ever closer to Dante in slow motion as Gene reached for the last brace on his arm.

"Here I was just hoping to kick back, put my feet up, and drink a bear..But..NOPE! AGH!"

Removing the last brace, energy seemed to explode from his right arm before condensing into a series of glowing runes on the gym teacher's arm as he looked down the way at both Dante and Akira.

_fanart__godhand_by_renuski.jpg

Having had the right arm of a god grated to replace the one he lost, Gene had access to an otherworldly system known as 'Roulette' which let Gene choose from a series of powers that the Godhand briefly granted him while time seemed to almost come to a halt around him. As he cycled through the techniques, he settled on one known as Chainyanker. From there, time resumed as it had been while both Akira and Dante were yanked off their feet and pulled towards Gene who was prepared and once the two were close enough, he reached forward and put the two of them into tight headlocks. With the Godhand being the one to hold Dante in place given how Dante pegged him to be the more powerful of the two.

"How..Did you?"

"Arm of a god. But what I did isn't why you two are in this position right now. It's more what you did. By that I mean getting into a fistfight that spiraled out into a brief sword vs fist fight and then back to fist fight again. Not exactly the best way to spend your first day here and believe me I wasn't a big fan of school either. But we got rules and if you wanna stick around here, you follow em. Got it?"

Akira had figured something like this would have happened and what Gene said was about what she was expecting. But did he expect her to apologize to Dante for what she'd done? Sure, she had started the fight and if she had to get some kind of punishment for it then so be it. But like hell she was going to apologize to a guy she believed to be just as much in the wrong as her.

"Hmph."

pwSPVSS.jpg

"...Hmph? That's all you gotta say?"

Akira said nothing more and Gene groaned in exasperation. Even hanging out with Oliva didn't give him this much of a migraine. But he had figured that would have been Akira's response. Given how intent she seemed to be getting to right back into the fray with Dante even as Gene activated Roulette, she had a strong reason for picking a fight with the other student and even if it meant facing punishment from a teacher, she wouldn't go back on what she felt was right. Glancing back at Dante, Gene didnt really expect much more than your typical snarky attitude but as a teacher he felt obligated to ask.

"What about you huh? Any pearls of wisdom you wanna share?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @C.T. @Verite

Reactions: Takumi
Phoebe watched as the scroll told her choice of classes,wilderness survival and Music and Band seemed promising to her. She wasn't sure what any of the names meant, she didn't recgonize them. She looked up and saw that there was a giant fight going on and other craziness, what the heck did she miss in the short amount of time she hadn't been paying attention? She shrugged and decided to head to her dorm, maybe she would find a nice roommate waiting for her there.

@Ringmaster

Ian looked around and noticed the teachers bickering and then considered his options on here. He knew that his gift was unique, but he was still human atthe core of things. " I wouldn't mind taking your course and your course," he said, speaking to both Marceline and Logan. He needed more survival skills and instruments seemed good enough. He wondered who his roommate was going to be. Hopefully not the crazy sword-wielding kid. He paused, waiting for the teachers to react.

@Indolent @OrlandoBloomers

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers

@C.T. @Krieg @Chewy Rabbits @Schnee Corp Lawyer

@OrlandoBloomers

Oh boy. One of the hooligans wanted to say hi to her. She gave an exaggerated wink right back with a cringe worthy thumbs up to boot before she rolled her eyes so hard the pupils were almost gone for a second and she turned back to her conversation partner-
"Oh yeah, that's totally sound reasoning Rin! It's probably a good thing too! Roger says you probably wouldn't have been able to do much here anyway. Something or other about you not looking like quality mage material. Which I guess makes some kinda sense since we are here to learn so we can only get better with time, right?" Bridget pondered, once again unaware of Roger's insulting nature. Or was he, who could say for sure?~
w3ljTwl.gif

Well two things just became apparent. First off, that bear was clearly not just a stuffed animal since it was moving around on its own. Second, said bear, whether it was some robot or familiar or spirit possessing the physical form, had a god damn mouth on it even if she couldn't hear it herself.

"Well, Mr. Roger, I'll have you know I'm actually already a first rate mage. I just don't see the need when the teacher clearly has things under control." she said with a small sniff before she returned to her salad with an almost violent gusto.

@Chewy Rabbits

Last edited:
Oh boy. One of the hooligans wanted to say hi to her.​

He didn't say that.

It came as no surprise to anyone that Dante's face wasn't any less of a disgruntled scowl after being headlocked than it was before, though he seemed to have anticipated a scenario a little like this one too much to be anything more than exasperated at the intervention. He nodded along with thinly veiled contempt as Gene gave a speech he could've set his watch to if he had one and breathed a palpably bored sigh when he was finished, shaking his head with a roll of the eyes and gesticulating at the question.

"Yeah. Spray your pits next time, I hear body hygiene's a big factor in unemployment these days. Now get off me--"

He gripped Gene by the God Hand and pushed with both arms whilst yanking his head back hard enough that it was less a question of "who was stronger" and more a question of "was Gene willing to let Dante snap his own neck trying to get out", the devil hunter apparently unconcerned about any such risks himself. He kept it up until he had thrashed his way free, jerking one shoulder to adjust his coat sleeves and raising his eyebrows as he went on in an even tone.

lPS4l4I.gif

"And I don't give a shit about your rules. That bothers you, why don't you go ahead and pencil me in for a fucking detention."

He turned his back without giving much of a damn about Gene's response, intent on sauntering away to go ahead with his original plan of getting away from all this garbage with a loose flick of two fingers back in their direction in farewell.

"It's Dante. With an E."

@Chewy Rabbits aka GENE THE COLOR THIEF @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @Krieg

• Love
Reactions: Schnee Corp Lawyer
Marceline seemed to flush aglow at Cynthia's applause, or as aglow as a thousand-year-old vampire demon with skin as pale as a corpse could be. Waving it off, she grinned fangishly and arched one eyebrow just high enough to be cool, the axe-bass slipping back over her shoulder as she again took hold of the parasol that was extremely necessary to keep her from burning to a crisp and dying, obviously... Logan.

"Thanks, it's a family heirloom. I helped it find its true calling 'bout a thousand years ago. Now it slays on the stage and in the rage, if ya feel me."

She winked, as proud as ever to be the owner of a bass guitar that doubled as a weapon. Too bad about her daddy's heirloom, though. There was lots of things too bad about him. Marceline waved Logan's jabs away like they were fruit flies, eyes shut as she got all deep for a minute and spoke from the soul. Oh wait, she had no soul.

"Don't listen to the janitor, ghoulettes. I'm talkin' finding your inner selves. Sound is like a rollercoaster that takes you on a one-way ride to self-discovery. You know how much gunk and schmooze you can't pull outta your mind anywhere else comes out through song? Strings, beats, lyrics, they let you forge your own identity for yourself in a way nothing else can."

ALfwnrU.png

She shook away her inspirational googly eyes, returning to a more normal state and smirking breezily with twin fangs protruding slightly over her bottom lip.

The Vampire Queen didn't forget Liadan's question, of course, floating over in her direction blithely and touching her shoulder lightly as she hovered around her like a spooky vampire and did the same to Cynthia's shoulder with her other hand. "You guys are the stars of the show. I'm just the teacher. Even if you don't play, there's plenty of stuff you can do to get involved with the music department. And a Battle of the Bands? At the school I work for?! Are you kidding? That's like my dream!"

She paused and changed tracks, glancing abruptly towards Cynthia. She didn't need a musician's ear to pick up on the growl in the student's stomach. Levitating forward to point over towards the food court, Marceline flashed a vampiric grin and wiggled her fingers.

"Haha, well, I ate before I got here. Lucky for you guys. The lunch ladies always have something left if you wanna brave the lines."

@C.T. @Indolent @Takumi

"A hero can brave through anything! Besides we had to form lines every now and then back home and when the army kept getting bigger we had to switch things up every now and then. The lines here should be a piece of cake!" Cynthia replied confidently. Apparently she thought it was worth it. Besides, she needed the fuel for later if she decided to explore and look around after all.

@Indolent @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!

ALfwnrU.png

@C.T. @Indolent @Takumi

Logan would be lost in his thoughts, idly bringing a hand up so as to itch out a bothersome ear with the pinky. A sniffle later, the irate canuck's eyes glazed over as he would overhear Marceline's words, appearing to be regretful for having excavated the earwax that stoppered words from reaching him. Hers to be specific. What was the Wolverine to do so as to assuage himself of the conundrum he found himself within? Simple. He'd partake in a long-time habit of his. Pulling a stogie from a pocket and fitting it within his lips, he would retrieve a match from another pocket and ignite the aged Cuban, inhaling deeply and long in his first, singular drag.

"Don't get me wrong, I love my job. Ain't nobody better than me at it," James Howlett declared amid a puff, amused so, "And it ain't the janitorial sort, y'know. I ain't cleanin' up after ya kids. Hell no. Have fun with yer Battle of the Bands, I won't be 'round fer it sad ta say."

And yeah, he knew damn well that he was already making himself out to be a piss-poor professor with his unsavory habits. But that didn't matter to him, the kids at the Jean Grey School go on just fine even with the ornery bastard as their headmaster. In a way, he was surprised that Kiryuin Satsuki was perfectly find with his disposition. Which frankly said a lot about it all, of the state of affairs surrounding the Galra and their allies.

Hell, in a way, he could be a prime example of what to not do. : | He didn't care.

Toward Ian though he'd have this to say, "Fair warnin', kid. I won't be holdin' yer hand in my lessons. There's goin' ta be lots o' hands on experience. No theoretical course work, ya gonna be thrown into the dirt and yer stuck with figurin' out how ta git yerself out of it. Weather conditions, terrain, dangerous flora and fauna. Fun stuff. Least it's not as bad as the Savage Lands," the man casually shrugged. "If ya can survive dat, ya can survive anything. Course, it helps to be unkillable...," Logan added, muttering the last bit.

Then there was a thoughtful pause and he shook his head, "Y'know what, I might add a helpful survival manual, specifically fer the eats in the wild. Don't want ya all ta eat the wrong mushshrooms and die on me."

Professor James "Logan" Howlett, aka the Wolverine, was well off to a damned good start. Satisfied with sowing an image of himself that was liable to be spread via word of mouth, which would only help to cut down the dredge joining his class hopefully (other duties to do, not all fun and games like music gal over here), Logan turned to Cynthia.

"Hey if ya want, I can show ya where it is. Just on my way to somewhere else I gotta be."

@OrlandoBloomers @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9

Logan would be lost in his thoughts, idly bringing a hand up so as to itch out a bothersome ear with the pinky. A sniffle later, the irate canuck's eyes glazed over as he would overhear Marceline's words, appearing to be regretful for having excavated the earwax that stoppered words from reaching him. Hers to be specific. What was the Wolverine to do so as to assuage himself of the conundrum he found himself within? Simple. He'd partake in a long-time habit of his. Pulling a stogie from a pocket and fitting it within his lips, he would retrieve a match from another pocket and ignite the aged Cuban, inhaling deeply and long in his first, singular drag.

"Don't get me wrong, I love my job. Ain't nobody better than me at it," James Howlett declared amid a puff, amused so, "And it ain't the janitorial sort, y'know. I ain't cleanin' up after ya kids. Hell no. Have fun with yer Battle of the Bands, I won't be 'round fer it sad ta say."

And yeah, he knew damn well that he was already making himself out to be a piss-poor professor with his unsavory habits. But that didn't matter to him, the kids at the Jean Grey School go on just fine even with the ornery bastard as their headmaster. In a way, he was surprised that Kiryuin Satsuki was perfectly find with his disposition. Which frankly said a lot about it all, of the state of affairs surrounding the Galra and their allies.

Hell, in a way, he could be a prime example of what to not do. : | He didn't care.

Toward Ian though he'd have this to say, "Fair warnin', kid. I won't be holdin' yer hand in my lessons. There's goin' ta be lots o' hands on experience. No theoretical course work, ya gonna be thrown into the dirt and yer stuck with figurin' out how ta git yerself out of it. Weather conditions, terrain, dangerous flora and fauna. Fun stuff. Least it's not as bad as the Savage Lands," the man casually shrugged. "If ya can survive dat, ya can survive anything. Course, it helps to be unkillable...," Logan added, muttering the last bit.

Then there was a thoughtful pause and he shook his head, "Y'know what, I might add a helpful survival manual, specifically fer the eats in the wild. Don't want ya all ta eat the wrong mushshrooms and die on me."

Professor James "Logan" Howlett, aka the Wolverine, was well off to a damned good start. Satisfied with sowing an image of himself that was liable to be spread via word of mouth, which would only help to cut down the dredge joining his class hopefully (other duties to do, not all fun and games like music gal over here), Logan turned to Cynthia.

"Hey if ya want, I can show ya where it is. Just on my way to somewhere else I gotta be."

@OrlandoBloomers @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9

"Really? Alright, lead the way!" Cynthia said with a grin.

tumblr_inline_o3oxp7B0xi1rei729_500.png

Meanwhile she would check her still functioning scroll and make sure she picked Logan's class and Marceline's class.

With that out of the way she was ready to stuff her face.

@OrlandoBloomers @Indolent @C.T. @LuckycoolHawk9

• Useful

"It's part of it yes," Feng replied. He really wanted to show it more than explain, "But it may behoove me to elaborate on the innate abilities each individual possesses. You see, those of Remnant that call themselves hunter, or huntress, share similar physical abilities. It is because of our heritage we come with what we call aura, born of our souls. It physically empowers us and not all are endowed with an equal amount; some are stronger or faster or tougher than others. Nonetheless, we are a superhuman breed. Furthermore, each individual is uniquely identified with what is called a semblance, an extension of our soul. You've deciphered my physical capabilities but not my semblance. I wish to demonstrate precisely this."

Amid his lengthy, yet well elaborated monologue, Feng directed the way until they found the gym.

"I truly should've brought another apple. Perhaps there's an instrument here I can better utilize in its stead." *crunch* Yeah, that apple's gone.​
"...You get powered up by soul power? That sounds awesome, chico. Like, ki-esque? Some Shang-Chi or Iron Fist type mojo? Stronger, faster, better...how strong are you? Maybe we can arm wrestle while we're there? And oooooh semblance. Unique I can't wait to see this--I knew you were going to eat the apple."

Anya looked over the gym once they arrived.

"Maybe there is!"

@Indolent

"Apologies only count for mistakes. You were deliberate. Your sorry does not excuse you and I don't want it regardless."
Akira said nothing more and Gene groaned in exasperation. Even hanging out with Oliva didn't give him this much of a migraine. But he had figured that would have been Akira's response. Given how intent she seemed to be getting to right back into the fray with Dante even as Gene activated Roulette, she had a strong reason for picking a fight with the other student and even if it meant facing punishment from a teacher, she wouldn't go back on what she felt was right. Glancing back at Dante, Gene didnt really expect much more than your typical snarky attitude but as a teacher he felt obligated to ask.

She resisted rolling her eyes herself, just fixing a stare over at the intervening teacher. If she had read this guy right, all Gene would get out of him was biting sarcasm and alpha male aggressive posturing. Young, old, fat, skinny...there was always that one boy. However, there was one detail she honed right in on...​
"It's Dante. With an E."

"If ya can survive dat, ya can survive anything. Course, it helps to be unkillable...," Logan added, muttering the last bit.​
"I'll say!" She remarked, seemingly popping out of nowhere.

GyHOe5D.gif

"Now I know you said no before but I feel if I add a few more pleases and one or two prettys, you might be willing to reconsider? I mean seriously, do you know how many scientific advances could be made if I could just study you in detail, maybe synthesize a wonder-drug from your blood and or a skin sample? That would keep me busy for quite a while! I can just imagine it now..."

@Indolent

• Thank You

GyHOe5D.gif

"Now I know you said no before but I feel if I add a few more pleases and one or two prettys, you might be willing to reconsider? I mean seriously, do you know how many scientific advances could be made if I could just study you in detail, maybe synthesize a wonder-drug from your blood and or a skin sample? That would keep me busy for quite a while! I can just imagine it now..."

@Indolent

Marceline looked at Logan, the students, and then back to Dr. Grey.

OhXfDJo.gif

"I'm out."

VAMPIRE QUEEN, AWAY!!!!

@Indolent @C.T. @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and C.T.
"Apologies only count for mistakes. You were deliberate. Your sorry does not excuse you and I don't want it regardless."

Dante was as unfazed as ever, cutting a mockingly chivalrous bow to Arya without stopping as he swaggered past her and giving a derisively amused snort, clearly giving her ideology the careful thought and consideration it deserved.

tumblr_mho5v1G3yZ1ro65lyo2_400.gif

"Then what the hell're you still doing here?"

@C.T.

Dante was as unfazed as ever, cutting a mockingly chivalrous bow to Arya without stopping as he swaggered past her and giving a derisively amused snort, clearly giving her ideology the careful thought and consideration it deserved.

tumblr_mho5v1G3yZ1ro65lyo2_400.gif

"Then what the hell're you still doing here?"
"This is a school so naturally, I am here for only one thing. Learning." She countered without missing a beat. The weaknesses in his personality and attitude. What he could do. What he could not do. Even his name, freely offered while she had not let him know hers. At least not yet. Knowledge itself was a form of power, useful in and of itself. It would do for now.

"Perhaps even someone like you will learn something while you're here, if god is willing...Dante with an E." She returned his bow with one of her own before moving on to leave herself.

@OrlandoBloomers

• Nice Execution!
"Really? Alright, lead the way!" Cynthia said with a grin.

tumblr_inline_o3oxp7B0xi1rei729_500.png

Meanwhile she would check her still functioning scroll and make sure she picked Logan's class and Marceline's class.

With that out of the way she was ready to stuff her face.

@OrlandoBloomers @Indolent @C.T. @LuckycoolHawk9

"A'right a'right, ya don't gotta be so bubbly 'bout it. Heh," the grouch replied evenly, glancing over the shoulder as he sighted his student's destination and began to face--​

GyHOe5D.gif

@Indolent

The Wolverine was cut off by an eternally jubilant scientist, his reaction culminating in a bizarrely polite stare albeit with uncomfortable shifting in his posture.

Logan maintained that stare for about a minute or so before elucidating his peer, "I'd already said no, ya loon. This ain't respectable manner, goin' around askin' people that. Wonder what Kiryuin'd hafta say if she caught wind o' this? Don't do that again. Don't do that with the kids. Hell, if ya keep doin' it, I'll make sure none o' the kids git hurt so they don't gotta deal with you."

Logan was blatantly aware of the irony of his words. : |​

Marceline looked at Logan, the students, and then back to Dr. Grey.

OhXfDJo.gif

"I'm out."

VAMPIRE QUEEN, AWAY!!!!

@Indolent @C.T. @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9

"Thanks for nothing, Slim 'n Sparkly."

@Takumi @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @LuckycoolHawk9 @Students

"Wonder what Kiryuin'd hafta say if she caught wind o' this?"
"I must disagree, please is pretty respectable. As for our esteemed headmistress...weeeeeeeell, don't quote me on this because I have not been able to sit down in a session with her and completely psychoanalyze her...but I do think that if I had gone back in time to the war for repelling the invaders and I had told her I could have given even the lowest ranked of soldiers in her army nigh-unkillable status with a pill or serum...I do believe she would have taken it. All advantages to be considered when in warfare, yes? And she does strike me as one who likes to be prepared for any eventualities. So please do call her if you wish, I am curious to see now that you mention it."
"Don't do that again. Don't do that with the kids. Hell, if ya keep doin' it, I'll make sure none o' the kids git hurt so they don't gotta deal with you."​
"...But...that's basically what I'm asking of you! My work will make sure that you make sure none of the kids get hurt! Because they won't, because they could heal like that! But...if you want to be so mean..." She turned around, walking away dejected.

@Takumi @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers

"I must disagree, please is pretty respectable. As for our esteemed headmistress...weeeeeeeell, don't quote me on this because I have not been able to sit down in a session with her and completely psychoanalyze her...but I do think that if I had gone back in time to the war for repelling the invaders and I had told her I could have given even the lowest ranked of soldiers in her army nigh-unkillable status with a pill or serum...I do believe she would have taken it. All advantages to be considered when in warfare, yes? And she does strike me as one who likes to be prepared for any eventualities. So please do call her if you wish, I am curious to see now that you mention it."

"...But...that's basically what I'm asking of you! My work will make sure that you make sure none of the kids get hurt! Because they won't, because they could heal like that! But...if you want to be so mean..." She turned around, walking away dejected.

@Takumi @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers

"Yer smarter than I am yet yer overlookin' the obvious, if she coulda had that in the first place, why don't she? Why she got all this instead? She got the resources. That tells me Kiryuin's only willin' to go so far. She got me here, that's plenty far enough. I ain't got ta ask her, it's already obvious! Besides that, I got a problem with that sort o' thing so don't even bother bringin' that up again. Ruffles ol' already ruffled feathers the wrong way." Logan said, his voice straining beyond exasperated. : |

"And I already said no! Ya keep askin', it ain't respectable even if ya add please ta the end. Doesn't change anything. Know if I catcha with any genetic samples belongin' ta me, we're goin' ta have problems. Now I gotta escort this student to lunch"

He'd do just that with Cynthia in tow, presumably.

@C.T. @Takumi

w3ljTwl.gif

Well two things just became apparent. First off, that bear was apparently not just a stuffed animal since it was apparently moving around on its own. Second, said bear, whether it was some robot or familiar or spirit possessing the physical form, had a god damn mouth on it even if she couldn't hear it herself.

"Well, Mr. Roger, I'll have you know I'm actually already a first rate mage. I just don't see the need when the teacher clearly has things under control." she said with a small sniff before she returned to her salad with an almost violent gusto.
bridget-yoyocatch.gif

"Wow, first-rate? Roger admit he's surprised! He thought you were just riding off the coatails of the apparent recognition that your family's got! But you don't strike me as the type to do something like that, Rin! You seem like someone who really values hard work!" Bridget said as Roger placed down the scroll and leaped over Rin's head to land atop Bridget's own as he glared down at Rin. Taken aback by Roger's sudden shift in girth, Bridget's arm moved under to hold the teddy bear up.

"R-Roger?! What's the matter?"

The bear continued to glare down Rin as Bridget nodded.

"Uh huh, I see, I see. Well, I do apologize if Roger frightened you, Rin! He says he's seen all he's needed to see! But he hopes that we meet again and sometime soon! I have to admit I'm kind of excited for that as well! You put up really well with Roger and me! I hope we can be friends for the whole schoolyear! Til then, cheerio!" With that the charming young British trap boy walked off with Roger still giving Rin the stinkeye all the while.

2RzjI5g.jpg

"Gosh Roger, I think we made a really good first impression with Rin! Can you believe it? Meeting a renowned mage on the first day of school? Shame about the whole fight and all but I'm glad the teacher got that all worked out! I'm hoping those two recover well!" Bridget exclaimed happily as he started to make his way out of the dining hall with a skip and a hop in his step! Unaware of Megumin and Darkness who both wanted a word with him~
lPS4l4I.gif

"And I don't give a shit about your rules. That bothers you, why don't you go ahead and pencil me in for a fucking detention."

He turned his back without giving much of a damn about Gene's response, intent on sauntering away to go ahead with his original plan of getting away from all this garbage with a loose flick of two fingers back in their direction in farewell.

"It's Dante. With an E."
gene.jpg

Releasing his grip on Dante so the sourpuss didn't end up with a mangled neck wrestling against him, Gene narrowed his eyes at Dante's little tirade. He may have only been twenty three and didn't mind partaking in a little lecherous behavior or getting drunk off his ass. But was he really this much of a shithead when he was just a few years younger?

"How about I pencil you in for an attitude adjustment, you little shi-"

"Ahem."

Glancing back at Akira who had been patiently staying put, Gene sighed. Punishing Dante the way Gene would have liked probably wouldn't have solved anything. If anything it might have only made Dante's attitude worse and it would have probably landed Gene in hot water if he beat a student black and blue. Besides, the forceful approach didn't seem like the best route to take with someone like Dante who probably would have only gotten angrier. So, letting out a sigh of frustration, Gene reached down and began to slip parts of his brace over his arm once again.

"Look, if you wanna have this 'fuck authority' attitude than hurry up and take it somewhere else. You're cramping the atmosphere for the people who actually give a shit." Gene growled while making a 'shoo shoo' gesture with the Godhand towards Dante. Provided the demon hunter went on his way, Gene released Akira and stared down at the girl.

"Hey. I know that guy was an ass and believe me! I love a good brawl! But sometimes you gotta pick and choose and this wasn't the best place." Gene admitted as he tried to explain only for Akira to stay quiet as she walked over to pick up her helmet and slip it back on. "Geez..." He was gonna have to talk to that kid once he was done here.

Looking down at Arya, Gene frowned.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do more for the guy's attitude. But, are you all taken care of?" Would have sucked getting off his ass if it didn't end up amounting to much.
"Perhaps even someone like you will learn something while you're here, if god is willing...Dante with an E." She returned his bow with one of her own before moving on to leave herself.
0722_handqa.jpg

"...Right."

Well, it seemed like that answered his question. The kid wasn't in tears or in pain as far as Gene could tell. Heck, she even seemed to be willing to stay mature in the face of a guy like Dante. Which Gene had to give the little lady some credit for. But if Dante ended up being a problem child and Gene was the first teacher to note it first hand, he felt some kinda obligation to watch out for the demon hunter and make sure other incidents like this didn't pop up again. Because if this became a reoccuring issue then their might not have been any other choice but to put Dante over his knee and reprimand the teen.

god-hand-spanking-o.gif

But he still had one piece of business to tend to now that both Dante and Arya had went on their way. Turning towards Akira, Gene made his way over and sat down next to the girl as she continued to look over the damage to her helmet.

"I'm getting the impression you aren't really the talkative type and that's all well and good. But if you don't explain why you got into a brawl with that guy, it's only gonna look worse for you, y'know? So, what was it? Sticking up for your friend? Just didn't like the guy's attitude? I'm not all knowing, kid. C'mon give me something to work on-"

*riiiip!*

"..."

"...He showed blatant arrogance to someone who didn't deserve it. I don't care who does it or why they do it. I won't tolerate it. So I stood up to him." Akira explained simply as she brought out a roll of duct tape and placed a snippet of it over the crack Dante had left in her helmet's visor. She'd have to buff out the dent at some point or another. Once the tape was on, Akira tucked the roll away and hopped to her feet as she looked over her shoulder at Gene.

akira_kazama_frm_rival_schools_by_darksidernemesis-d419fb6.jpg

"But I fought with him knowing full well the consequences. So, if you have some kind of punishment lined up for me then go right ahead and dish it out. I've done what I felt I needed to and I'll reap what I sowed."

Well, that hadn't entirely been what Gene was expecting. He had been preparing himself for another Dante-style tirade but this girl couldn't have been more dfferent. She had her own set of morals and respecting others seemed to be a big part of it. Dante trampled over those morals like stepping on a puppy and Akira didn't want to let that stand. Something Gene could understand quite well. Sticking up for others is how he ended up getting the Godhand grafted onto him anyway.

"Geez, you're really busting my balls here kid. Look, this is your first day of school and I get that Dante guy isn't the nicest guy around. But we all got our own ways of handling things. You stuck up for what you believed in and were willing to accept the repercussions. Which if I were any other teacher would have earned you probably a pretty nasty punishment." Gene held up a hand to stop Akira from cutting him off. "That said, I'm glad you kept to your guns. Don't change for anyone, kid. Just...try to keep the fighting to a minimum alright? Or at least take it somewhere more suitable. We clear on that?"

"Crystal."

"Great! Now I'm gonna go back to doing important teacher stuff...Yeah, that's the ticket." Gene muttered as he quickly made his way out of the dining hall. So, the tasks were to keep an eye on that Dante kid and make sure he didn't get into anymore trouble and try to get back to sleep. All that damn fighting woke him up!

Watching as Gene made his way off, Akira let out her own sigh of relief. She was glad that she hadn't gotten in trouble. Daigo likely would have found out and the last thing she would have wanted would be to disappoint her big brother on the first day of school. But Gene's words stuck with her..
"That said, I'm glad you kept to your guns. Don't change for anyone, kid."
She wouldn't change or bend to anybody's whim. She'd do what she'd always done and what she felt was right. That was the Kazama way.

rs-akira.gif

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Kaykay @Verite @OrlandoBloomers @C.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.