Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante did stop, shrugging the one sleeve of his jacket back up his shoulder after he was spun around by it and giving Akira a silent once-over, eyebrows furrowed with mouth contorted in a faint grimace. The obfuscating helmet and jacket plus the lack of spoken word meant there was no discerning whether the figure getting in his face was a guy or a girl. Not that there was much of a distinction either way, but he liked to know. Figuring out what they wanted wasn't hard, but it didn't take as much as one look at Dante to realize he wasn't the type to make apologies whether he was in the wrong or not; He gave no ground despite the obvious aura of confrontation brewing, simply twitching his shoulders in an unthreatened shrug and completely ignoring where the figure pointed in favor of staring down his own reflection in the impassive visor. Seconds passed. Finally, he swung his arms out to either side of him imploringly, scowl transitioning into a derisive smirk as he raised his brows with mocking attitude.

"What? You wanna kiss?"

@Chewy Rabbits

3U2Bv4z.png

The scary vampire actually seemed genuinely put out by Kali running for the hills, her elaborate ploy to ask what kind of music she listened to on those headphones dashed. She didn't give chase, but floated a couple feet in the direction the cyborg had gone, cupping one hand to her mouth while the other adjusted her parasol so it stayed between her and the sun. "Aw, what?! Dude! It was nothing bad! My price has a student discount."

She sighed, hoping whoever that was either wasn't taking music or didn't take bad first impressions to heart. Hovering back over to the group of students, however, Marceline let her playful vampiric demeanor reimpose, hardly sparing Logan a glance as he caught her attention before she began heading towards him too. She'd just take that as an invitation. Affixing a friendly smile and soul-chilling gaze to Cynthia as she bobbed past, she hung around over her fellow teacher's shoulder as soon as she reached him, a long pale arm navigating around to pluck the drinking glass from his hands and take it away like a beaker from a guzzling child. The Vampire Queen was already looking back over her own shoulder, addressing the students with a wry smirk and raised eyebrow.

"Hey guys, this is the janitor. He drinks at inauguration jams 'cause he hates his job. Don't ever talk to him."

She hadn't been here as long as some of the other teachers and didn't really know any of them all that well, but obviously the only people who messed with the Wolverine like that were morons, crazies, or people who knew they could handle him. Marceline was one of those three.

Good thing Logan had guzzled enough for himself seeing that the glass was less than half full; really it was empty, this was not a tie into that glass half full half empty adage. Feigning a mix of a weary groan and an exasperated sigh at his beverage being taken away, the Wolverine thought to sling a quip back Marceline's way. Speaking towards the kids, there was a glint to his eye.

"She's harmless y'know, all teeth and bark no bite. Just like Pomeranians, they kin only getcha at the ankles." There were people that messed with the Wolverine. Then there was the Wolverine who messed back, with anyone regardless of who they were. Though it was evident it was a lighthearted quip, one possibly marred by what seemed to be an ever-perpetual grouch to his face.

Oh, he almost forgot to append the important part, "I'm Professor Logan by the way, if ya wanna learn something useful take my class." The implication being that music was not altogether useful beyond being nice on the ears. :| Not that he wasn't a fan of music in general, he dabbled in wide range himself. That comes with being close to, if not, over two-hundred years old; an old man's got to find something to amuse himself aside attempting to drink himself into a stupor that would never come thanks to his damn healing factor.

Maybe he could stand to hear Marceline's tunes at a later time.

"Any of ya metahumans?" He'd ask, though he could determine for himself if he cared to remember the files he read several hours ago.

@OrlandoBloomers @Students @Takumi

• Useful
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
"Because this one isn't cracked." She responded with the same calm stare as she just kind of ignored the fact they were in an impromptu line now and she was holding it up.

"I know its not really fair, but I don't have anything else to throw in right now. I can owe you one."

@C.T.
@The party line​
tumblr_nndfkubV1I1slgxxho1_250.jpg

Arya serious?

"...Deal." She eventually responded, still a bit bewildered. Her gaze shifted down to the unbroken scroll, quickly swiping and leaving the cracked one in its place. And then she tested it, just to make sure there really was no catch.

And to sign up for medical first aid and wilderness survival, judging them to be the most useful.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"Yes. As a last resort, we...," Feng frowned, realizing it was no simple matter to openly justify the why other than explicitly stating it was for the greater good, "... eliminate those who would do harm; one wished to destabilize a small, newly formed country so as to perpetuate war."

That little voice was definitely saying "Told you so."

"I should not have shared that," Feng frowned.​
S023.png

"I...can't exactly judge you harshly. Not when I've wanted to kill people myself. Murderers...or who I thought were the murderers. Mi padres...And then that war I mentioned, we left the perpetrators in a radioactive dead world. So if it was for the greater good and a last resort..." She shrugged, shifting topics. "No no! I prefer honesty! Thank you."

@Indolent
"Any of ya metahumans?" He'd ask, though he could determine for himself if he cared to remember the files he read several hours ago.​
Her attention was drawn away from the confrontation that was likely to break out in a fight between Dante and Akira. Teachers bickering, student fighting and clumsiness abound. Such an auspicious start. "Yo." Líadan answered, raising her hand. "Mutant."

エナジー・フォーカス・クラスター!
[ENERGY FOCUS CLUSTER!]

As she began to build up the energy that an attack like this would require, Akira's body tensed up as her legs bent slightly at the knee. If this attack went off course it's likely there would have been very little room for dodging around or any shenanigans of that nature. Which meant that she had to get this shot lined up and perfect! As seconds clicked by, a dome of energy appeared around Akira's person with electricity cackling out from it as a large energy blast that looked suspiciously like the design on her helmet shot out of her hands with the intention on being to engulf Dante and send him rocketing back within the blast.

Maybe that'd teach the demon hunter some manners.

If not?

It was still worth the punishment that she was likely going to get for this.

Dante wasn't backing down. Which meant the crackling maelstrom of energy that slammed into his chest from her palms and rocked him back on his heels went unimpeded, the demon hunter either underestimating Akira's willingness to try something or overestimating his own ability to withstand anything she could do without a scratch as his complacent smirk distorted into a scowl of pain and he was surged backwards with a frustrated yell. For a few moments he was cocky, stubborn and annoyed enough to try and resist it directly, forcing himself to get both feet back on the ground and grind his heels in in a bid to stop his backwards momentum and overpower the energy cluster before it brought him all the way into a wall. Wasn't working. Mass and power were concepts that flew a little over his head right now.

So failing that he went to plan B. His hands tightened into fists and glowing streaks of energy-- A demonic crimson in contrast to the blue of Akira's blast-- began to course through them like veins, warping and solidifying into the pair of massive fist-gauntlets called Eryx that he promptly slammed into the core of the blast with a roar. The magnetic force (or equivalent) that held the blast together and made the cluster a cluster was almost solid to the touch, and for a moment it was as if he was gripping pure energy in its rawest form.

Before he ripped it apart.

Without a core to hold it together the energy ball fizzled out and dissipated, and Dante made catching his balance look easy thereafter as he took a heavy step through the lingering remnants. The gauntlets vanished into nothingness as quickly as they materialized, leaving him to stride across the distance the blast had carried him with his coat billowing and an expression that was somewhere between bitter and... enthusiastic. Now here was something he could empty his frustration into, something a little more palatable than smacking kids' phones out of their hands.

"Was that your best shot, chromedome? You enjoy it? You enjoy knocking me down a peg or two? Smashing my piece-a-shit school phone?" He scoffed and reached into his pocket without breaking stride, pulling out the mess of shattered casing and circuitry that was his scroll after that and whipping it off to the side without a second thought. Karma was real. "Actually, better question; this what you want!? You wanna do the first day at school fight cliche, kick each others' shit in until some asshole steps in and and scolds us? You really think you're up for that?"

Dante stopped a short distance away from the helmeted figure, curling the right side of his mouth down in a half-sneer.

"Know what I say? I say let's fucking rock!"

McwU2vf.gif

The tattoo on his back glowed beneath his clothes, barely shining through the fabric before a far more noticable flash of demonic energy bolted down the length of his back. And grew, and almost instantly solidified into a serrated sword that he gripped by the hilt with one hand and swung off his back. He was already lunging forward by the time the sword was by his side, springing off his heels and dashing the straight line to Akira's position in a blur as he thrust Rebellion forward in a left-handed stab. And another. And another and another and another, a rapid flurry of forward strokes executed without pausing or changing grip that were so quick they almost seemed to meld together in the hopes of keeping his opponent off balance.

With the caveat of each and every one of them being feints or skin-deep cuts that didn't even draw blood, of course. He wasn't trying to kill the motorcyclist, he was gauging what they could do. Then he'd decide if he could swing for real or not. The final lunge was aimed not for Akira herself but rather for the gap between her shoulder and helmet, Dante swinging upwards from there in a bid to swiftly lever Akira's helmet clean off with one swift stroke, at which point he'd bounce it off the blade towards him and flashily roundhouse kick it away.

"Enough with the gimmick. I like to look people in the eye when I kick their ass."

@Chewy Rabbits

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Schnee Corp Lawyer
"Yeah, I don't know too many mages but I've always thought magic was cool! No need to really get your hands dirty! Just cast some kinda spell or something and take out the baddies from a distance! Really convenient for that kinda thing! Sorta the same principal with my yo yo here!"

Slipping two fingers into the string connected to the yoyo, Bridget began to swing it idly from side to side.

hvfyNQY.gif

"People underestimate me because of how I look I guess. But just because I look like a girl doesn't mean I can't do what I set my mind to! So, I thought bounty hunting was the best way to prove that!" But then the question about his costume came and Bridget idly shrugged his shoulders. "I wouldn't really call it a costume. This is just my regular attire! Isn't that right, Roger? Oh, that's right! I haven't shown you Roger yet! Hold on a tic!"

Reaching down below his seat, Bridget brought up what appeared to be a plain ol teddy bear. This one even seemed to have buttons for eyes! But for some reason or another Bridget spoke quite highly of it.

"This here is Roger. He's a good friend of mine and he's gotten me out of some sticky jams! He also says it's nice to meet you but he'd like to see some of this magic that your so renowned for!"

Clutching onto the bear, Bridget seemed blissfully unaware of how challenging Roger's statement came off as. To the boy he only figured it'd be cool! He met this mage and now he could get a show of what she could do! Nothing wrong with that was there?

"Of course, I hope that's alright with you!"
She gave Bridget a slightly distressed look as she picked at her salad. "Actual magic isn't just some toy you play around with or try to impress people with. Its an inherently dangerous transfer of powerful energies. I'm sorry Mr. Bear-"

... why was she talking to the stuffed animal?

"...sorry to... the both of you, but I try to do my best not to use magic without a reason-"
9e6343bfcb6b87f0d29459f4e47b7549.jpg

"..."

Akira was no stranger to attitudes like this. Dante likely had no idea whether the helmeted figure standing before him was a chick or guy. But that didn't seem to matter to him. He'd still provide the snarky commentary that annoyed Akira to no end. If she didn't wear the helmet, the snark likely would have been through the roof. But as far as she was concerned? Smacking the scroll down and now this? Dante was just adding more debts to his tab and Akira idly wondered if his body could afford to cash the checks that his mouth seemed keen on making.

Staring right back at Dante, he might have seen the brief flicker of a red eye appear behind the visor of the helmet as Akira's eyes narrowed. Just a straight up beatdown with little to no substance would have sufficed for this. Someone like this would need to get all or nothing. Or as much as Akira could hit him with until their fight here was inevitably broken up by some staff member or another. But for now she couldn't afford to focus on that. Thrusting her hands forward so both palms would be curved inwards and towards Dante's chest, Akira prepared herself for what was going to come next.

tumblr_ndk00d8n0L1rsdc92o1_500.jpg

エナジー・フォーカス・クラスター!
[ENERGY FOCUS CLUSTER!]

As she began to build up the energy that an attack like this would require, Akira's body tensed up as her legs bent slightly at the knee. If this attack went off course it's likely there would have been very little room for dodging around or any shenanigans of that nature. Which meant that she had to get this shot lined up and perfect! As seconds clicked by, a dome of energy appeared around Akira's person with electricity cackling out from it as a large energy blast that looked suspiciously like the design on her helmet shot out of her hands with the intention on being to engulf Dante and send him rocketing back within the blast.

Maybe that'd teach the demon hunter some manners.

If not?

It was still worth the punishment that she was likely going to get for this.

giphy.gif

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Ringmaster
Dante wasn't backing down. Which meant the crackling maelstrom of energy that slammed into his chest from her palms and rocked him back on his heels went unimpeded, the demon hunter either underestimating Akira's willingness to try something or overestimating his own ability to withstand anything she could do without a scratch as his complacent smirk distorted into a scowl of pain and he was surged backwards with a frustrated yell. For a few moments he was cocky, stubborn and annoyed enough to try and resist it directly, forcing himself to get both feet back on the ground and grind his heels in in a bid to stop his backwards momentum and overpower the energy cluster before it brought him all the way into a wall. Wasn't working. Mass and power were concepts that flew a little over his head right now.

So failing that he went to plan B. His hands tightened into fists and glowing streaks of energy-- A demonic crimson in contrast to the blue of Akira's blast-- began to course through them like veins, warping and solidifying into the pair of massive fist-gauntlets called Eryx that he promptly slammed into the core of the blast with a roar. The magnetic force (or equivalent) that held the blast together and made the cluster a cluster was almost solid to the touch, and for a moment it was as if he was gripping pure energy in its rawest form.

Before he ripped it apart.

Without a core to hold it together the energy ball fizzled out and dissipated, and Dante made catching his balance look easy thereafter as he took a heavy step through the lingering remnants. The gauntlets vanished into nothingness as quickly as they materialized, leaving him to stride across the distance the blast had carried him with his coat billowing and an expression that was somewhere between bitter and... enthusiastic. Now here was something he could empty his frustration into, something a little more palatable than smacking kids' phones out of their hands.

"Was that your best shot, chromedome? You enjoy it? You enjoy knocking me down a peg or two? Smashing my piece-a-shit school phone?" He scoffed and reached into his pocket without breaking stride, pulling out the mess of shattered casing and circuitry that was his scroll after that and whipping it off to the side without a second thought. Karma was real. "Actually, better question; this what you want!? You wanna do the first day at school fight cliche, kick each others' shit in until some asshole steps in and and scolds us? You really think you're up for that?"

Dante stopped a short distance away from the helmeted figure, curling the right side of his mouth down in a half-sneer.

McwU2vf.gif

The tattoo on his back glowed beneath his clothes, barely shining through the fabric before a far more noticable flash of demonic energy bolted down the length of his back. And grew, and almost instantly solidified into a serrated sword that he gripped by the hilt with one hand and swung off his back. He was already lunging forward by the time the sword was by his side, springing off his heels and dashing the straight line to Akira's position in a blur as he thrust Rebellion forward in a left-handed stab. And another. And another and another and another, a rapid flurry of forward strokes executed without pausing or changing grip that were so quick they almost seemed to meld together in the hopes of keeping his opponent off balance.

With the caveat of each and every one of them being feints or skin-deep cuts that didn't even draw blood, of course. He wasn't trying to kill the motorcyclist, he was gauging what they could do. Then he'd decide if he could swing for real or not. The final lunge was aimed not for Akira herself but rather for the gap between her shoulder and helmet, Dante swinging upwards from there in a bid to swiftly lever Akira's helmet clean off with one swift stroke, at which point he'd bounce it off the blade towards him and flashily roundhouse kick it away.

"Enough with the gimmick. I like to look people in the eye when I kick their ass."

@Chewy Rabbits
uA2UbAj.jpg

"..."

They hadn't even been here five minutes yet, and someone was already starting a fight? Some future defenders of humanity they looked like. She rolled her eyes and put down her fork so her left hand was free and turned her seat to face the ensuing commotion. "Of course, if the situation warrants it..." She said as her right hand reached into a pocket in her jacket to pull out a pair of gems she rolled between her fingers. She had no desire to throw herself in any sort of fight, but she also wasn't about to just sit there and cry if it expanded past just these two.

@Chewy Rabbits
"...Deal." She eventually responded, still a bit bewildered. Her gaze shifted down to the unbroken scroll, quickly swiping and leaving the cracked one in its place. And then she tested it, just to make sure there really was no catch.

And to sign up for medical first aid and wilderness survival, judging them to be the most useful.
28PLsdQ.png

"Thanks" she said with a slight smile as she took the cracked scroll and held it up to eye level so she could stare across the screen. "I owe you one."

And with that she wandered off, ignoring the other commotions in favor of finding somewhere quiet to look through the scroll's information

@C.T.

spdrgrlpic.gif

With great power comes an even greater responsibility.

A good and memorable quote, a quote lying deep in the Parker name, a name best left unknown to most of Watchtower Academy, but a name that carried so much invisible weight on their shoulders. Through one mishap and a generation later, one of the many, many, many worlds lying in the vast expansive of space was changed for the better, not only in the streets of New York City but across the entire globe. But, for the bliss and courage and joy that emerged from this era, time brutally marches on, showing the flaws in even the most revered of individuals, some succumbing to their age, others by their own accord.

So, as it is unfortunately with life, a new cycle begins, whilst the other draws to a close. Constancy is a rarity in the chaos of the universe, whether it be with the smiling faces of those one surrounds themselves with to even entire nations. For the other Spider-Girl, this could not be said any better, a constant yet a difference- the suit of a hero renowned, but dawned not by Peter Parker, but by his daughter, May Parker. A suit that was suppose to be laid to rest, but with news of old and new threats on the future horizon, precautions are needed.

Yet, it could not be said truthfully that May considered the true weight of her purpose here. The webslinging descendant was but a teenager still, blinded by the fallacies of petite amusements and the lure of emotions like mad love and passionate, irrational rage. She did not want this suit at times, cursing it for making her normal life near impossible, the challenge of two identities proving a wreck in her first years of high school. Yet now, "Mayday" was faced with the predicament on wanting to keep herself as unknown as possible, preferring to hide in secrecy and not gloat in some selfish fame. In the end, May Parker sees herself not as a hero, but a symbol of hope, and symbols do not need names.

Skidding through the Meeting Room to the Cafeteria the agile young heroine skidded about energetically, seeking to exert some of her inner worries and concerns into joy. She was far, far away from home, surrounded by people she barely knew, yet people that held the same uneasy predicament as her. So, naturally, for a witty, emotional, and frankly upbeat preppy highschooler, what better thing to do than to literally stumble upon two black-clad, edgy individuals brawling about over...something, May didn't know, probably who had the cooler looking jacket or something petite like that.

"Greaaaaat, thanks Dad. So much for being a cheerleader..."

Thrusting her hands out, "Mayday" zipped around the two, catching any debris or anything that could possibly danger bystanders, twirling, spinning, flipping, and whizzing about in the air freely, the positive traits of the infamous Spider-Girl expressing outwards. Yea, she might not as be strong as her Father, but May Parker had a few tricks under her sleeves. Concentrating a heavy amount of web unto the ceiling, the webslinging sixteen-year-old hung upside down, looking at both Dante and Akira.

"Hey, knives-for-brains! Yeah, I'm your scolder! Okaythatisn'taword but still! Look, I understand you two are having some relationship problems but can you take it out back? There are children here."

Making a jesting pointing gesture to some preteen kid that looked like she crawled out of a LARPing convention, the young, largely inexperienced embodiment of the iconic Amazing Spider-Man hung upside down, ready to dish out some rightful justice if needed. Sheesh, this was the first day?

God knows how many to go.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster @Errybodyindaclub

McwU2vf.gif

"...!"

Akira had to admit that in confronting Dante/attacking him, she walked straight into the lion's den. But she didn't care one bit. Not about the blows that were being rained down upon her or the pain she was feeling. She had her morals and after having to deal with her own brother's friends looking down upon her just because she was a girl, Dante wasn't going to get a free pass just because he might have been stronger than her. Someone had to stick up for the little person and damn it all if the 5'3 biker-kung fu girl wasn't going to be the one to do it.

She managed to reign in any would be cries of pain as Dante went on the offensive. She hadn't had to deal with this kind of fast paced speed in quite some time. It was almost scary how quick he was and how he managed to swing that sword with such grace and poise while still having a twinge of savagery to it.

But she wouldn't falter in her resolve. Dante had made his bed and he was going to lay in it. Even if Akira had to smash him in and through the bed. But then something unexpected happened. Her helmet was sent flying off her head. Soaring through the air after being punted like the ugliest looking football, it landed near Aqua who nearly tumbled out of her seat, clearly frustrated that things had gotten this bad! The helmet itself was in poor condition after that with a glaring crack down the front of the visor and a dent on the side where Dante had kicked it.

But just another thing she'd have to slug Dante for was all.

With her face revealed, Akira kept her steel-like gaze focused on Dante as she reached down and wiped a smidgen of blood off her lip and didn't even take her eyes off the Demon Hunter for one second as she called out to Aqua.

"Aqua, was it? Mind tossing my helmet back? I'm very sorry about that."

The voice was gentle and docile enough. Clearly contrasting with the intimidating aura Akira had been giving off just a few moments prior. Taken aback by how Akira sounded given how she looked, Aqua quickly tossed the helmet back. "D-Don't worry about it, friend! A goddess like me has seen much worse!"

Holding a hand up to grab the underside of the helmet as it was hurled through the air at her, Akira continued to glare at Dante while cradling the helmet in her arms.

52c47f5c-s.jpg

"I know your type. You think this life is all about you. That you're free to do whatever you want without risk of consequence. That nothing else matters and you can just live in the moment. Even if it means being rude to others or inconsiderate of their things. Like when you idly smacked that girl's scroll and then offered a half-hearted apology. But I'm here to tell you that actions do have consequences."

Dropping her helmet to the floor, Akira propped her boot on it and slid it off to the side. She'd have to get it looked at after this was over. Provided she wasn't expelled or subject to some kind of reprimanding. But even so, she had made the decision to attack Dante and kick off all this nonsense and if necessary she'd take the rap for it.

But not without trying her damnedest to prove her point. That attitudes like the one Dante was perpetuating didn't help anybody and only served to start conflicts like these. Conflicts that people like Akira had to start and end. Stepping forward as she cracked her knuckles, Akira got into a ready stance.

"You made a prediction just now. That you'll kick my ass. I'll make one too. I'll have you down in five."

Dpnguoa.jpg

ディストラクティブ・バラージ!

[Destruction Barrage!]

As Akira prepared for her next attack, Dante would have noticed a strange aura forming around her. It seemed to just be a blue ki at first. But soon it'd manifest into the skull from Akira's helmet with that same sneer on it's face as it glared down Dante with it's one good eye. All the while energy continued to radiate from the girl's body in the form of electricity. She'd seen Dante's speed and decided that if she couldn't match it, she'd simply have to be able to land enough blows so he'd give up before he could use his speed and start getting serious.

The energy erupted around Akira as she lunged for Dante and unleashed a flurry of kicks his way. But she wasn't stopping there. Smashing her foot down with enough force to crack it beneath the heel of her boot, Akira let out two energy coated jabs to Dante's face to try and knock him off balance before raising her foot again to try and smash him directly in the chest and send him windmilling back. Perhaps she'd been a bit off. This wouldn't even take five minutes.
She gave Bridget a slightly distressed look as she picked at her salad. "Actual magic isn't just some toy you play around with or try to impress people with. Its an inherently dangerous transfer of powerful energies. I'm sorry Mr. Bear-"

... why was she talking to the stuffed animal?

"...sorry to... the both of you, but I try to do my best not to use magic without a reason-"
paSm3bRoSRo.jpg

Bridget seemed disappointed by the response but he quickly brightened back up without missing a beat.

"Oh, I get ya! Don't worry about it! I'm sure there will be plenty of chances to see your magic in action! Roger, in particular hasn't seen good magic in a long time! Something about how mages weren't really worth his time! But you seem pretty cool, Rin!" Bridget said before glancing over at the fight that May was trying to break up. "Oooh! Would this count as one of the occasions that you could use your magic for? Maybe to like restrain these two or something?"

Bridget did consider the idea of trying to do the same thing with his yoyos. But given how adapt the rude man seemed to be with swinging that sword? Bridget really didn't want his yoyo's strings getting cut to pieces! That'd be a real bother to have and replace!

But May wasn't the only one who wasn't pleased with what was going on. Another pair of footsteps could have been heard coming into the dining hall and a frustrated sounding yawn cut through the tension like a hot knife through butter.

"Sheesh, here I was hoping the first day on the job would have been a kick back and sit on my ass kinda affair. Shithead kids.."

zROsvdF.jpg

The man that the voice belonged to finally stepped into view. With the duster he wore, he looked like he belonged more in some kind of western town than a sophisticated academy like Watchtower. But this wasn't any ordinary wanderer. This was Gene, the wielder of the Godhand!

Also, the gym teacher because he had nothing else better to do. He watched both Dante and Akira throwing their weight around with his hands on his hips. He supposed it was his duty as a teacher to break up stuff like this. But even Gene had to admit it was kind of entertaining. Besides, one of the other students-preferably one who seemed to have her head screwed on right unlike these two-seemed to be trying quell things. If they had a thing for gold stars here, Gene would totally have given May one. But for now, he'd tap the Deistic Braces that restrained his godhand and waited for the right moment to intervene.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Krieg @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

• Love
Reactions: Krieg

Good thing Logan had guzzled enough for himself seeing that the glass was less than half full; really it was empty, this was not a tie into that glass half full half empty adage. Feigning a mix of a weary groan and an exasperated sigh at his beverage being taken away, the Wolverine thought to sling a quip back Marceline's way. Speaking towards the kids, there was a glint to his eye.

"She's harmless y'know, all teeth and bark no bite. Just like Pomeranians, they kin only getcha at the ankles." There were people that messed with the Wolverine. Then there was the Wolverine who messed back, with anyone regardless of who they were. Though it was evident it was a lighthearted quip, one possibly marred by what seemed to be an ever-perpetual grouch to his face.

Oh, he almost forgot to append the important part, "I'm Professor Logan by the way, if ya wanna learn something useful take my class." The implication being that music was not altogether useful beyond being nice on the ears. :| Not that he wasn't a fan of music in general, he dabbled in wide range himself. That comes with being close to, if not, over two-hundred years old; an old man's got to find something to amuse himself aside attempting to drink himself into a stupor that would never come thanks to his damn healing factor.

Maybe he could stand to hear Marceline's tunes at a later time.

"Any of ya metahumans?" He'd ask, though he could determine for himself if he cared to remember the files he read several hours ago.

@OrlandoBloomers @Students @Takumi

tumblr_n9cvka8mMh1ti632vo1_500.gif

"You must be confused. It's cool. I remember when I was 200 and all cantankerous, it's a phase."

Marceline swung the suspiciously axelike bass guitar hanging by its strap around her shoulder from where it had been tucked behind her, letting go of the parasol (which eerily continued floating in place above her anyway) to gracefully put both hands where they belonged on the instrument and take to strumming a few chords as she swooped to adjust her levitating posture. Her strumming throughout Logan's words nearly gave the impression some kind of lame musical number was about to break out with the mutant at the helm or something.

:|

The radical vampiress shrugged and closed her eyes with a smile, leaning her head to one side and happy to oblige the whole subtle extracurricular teacher rivalry thing they had going on here.

"Yeah, prof Logan's class helps you find berries in bushes when you're lost. Real riveting stuff. My class on the other hand, helps you find yourself. THROUGH THE POWER OF MUSIC!!" She concluded with a final, climactic power stroke of the bass strings, letting the riff carry her gaze up to the heavens. Or at least the underside of her parasol. "...You should stop by sometime, Logan. I see a killer percussionist clawing at the inside of your soul, begging to get out."

@Indolent @Takumi @C.T. @Students​

Reactions: Takumi
S023.png

"I...can't exactly judge you harshly. Not when I've wanted to kill people myself. Murderers...or who I thought were the murderers. Mi padres...And then that war I mentioned, we left the perpetrators in a radioactive dead world. So if it was for the greater good and a last resort..." She shrugged, shifting topics. "No no! I prefer honesty! Thank you."

@Indolent

"Honesty, character, dignity, assertiveness, and more. These are instilled in us despite our steely exteriors; it exists for our mental fortitude. It is not easy interweaving all these together. I see it as a challenge so I may better myself as a person."

The squat man gestured towards himself, specifically his mid-torso, drawing a circle with his index finger. "It starts here and from there? We branch out to do good in the world. Our intentions are pure though we are aware unforeseen consequences may befall upon us. In fact, we are also bizarrely cynical," Feng finalized with a chuckle. "We know our deeds are eventually supplanted by... evil anew, I shall say. Preventive measures, persevering in the same, constant ordeals, etc, becomes the norm."

His was a contemplative expression, "Might I presume you've recognized similar attributes throughout your experiences?"

@C.T.

Her attention was drawn away from the confrontation that was likely to break out in a fight between Dante and Akira. Teachers bickering, student fighting and clumsiness abound. Such an auspicious start. "Yo." Líadan answered, raising her hand. "Mutant."

"Hey there. Just ta preempt ya, I'm yer supervisor for the metahuman dorm. Ya should refer ta yer scroll for the details, via the dorm rules link. If ya have any questions, lemme know," Logan offered a friendly smile, "Welcome here."

Though he added something else.

"If ya drop or step on yer scrolls n' break em... please don't bother me 'bout it. Go bother the big ape, Professor Winston. He'll sort ya out, he loves it." : |

Honestly his first impression of Winston was that he was heavily reminded of Hank back home. Excluding the negative habits like staying awake past twenty-four hours and creating a coffee machine to facilitate the act. Said coffee machine eventually became homicidal. Otherwise, Hank was an easygoing and well-liked individual despite his hairy appearance and this was Winston with these qualities in spades. Winston had his own quirks though, his lab smelled heavily of peanut-butter more than bananas. : |

"You must be confused. It's cool. I remember when I was 200 and all cantankerous, it's a phase."

Marceline swung the suspiciously axelike bass guitar hanging by its strap around her shoulder from where it had been tucked behind her, letting go of the parasol (which eerily continued floating in place above her anyway) to gracefully put both hands where they belonged on the instrument and take to strumming a few chords as she swooped to adjust her levitating posture. Her strumming throughout Logan's words nearly gave the impression some kind of lame musical number was about to break out with the mutant at the helm or something.

The radical vampiress shrugged and closed her eyes with a smile, leaning her head to one side and happy to oblige the whole subtle extracurricular teacher rivalry thing they had going on here.

"Yeah, prof Logan's class helps you find berries in bushes when you're lost. Real riveting stuff. My class on the other hand, helps you find yourself. THROUGH THE POWER OF MUSIC!!" She concluded with a final, climactic power stroke of the bass strings, letting the riff carry her gaze up to the heavens. Or at least the underside of her parasol. "...You should stop by sometime, Logan. I see a killer percussionist clawing at the inside of your soul, begging to get out."

"To be fair, Pomeranians don't take flight or talk either," Logan admitted, his face stoic to reflect the sarcasm underlying what he'd said. He was appreciative of the fact that the musician vampire saw it fit to absolve herself of physical contact with the mutant, her arm around his shoulder retracted as she pulled away. There was just something about otherworldly entities being in close contact that set his senses off. That and he wasn't that altogether familiar with her despite her casual familiarity.

Though his face pursed, for a nanosecond, when he realized she was strumming alongside his words. He caught the subtle bodily mannerism of the radical vampire's, realizing she was going to go along with the teasing. That in of itself was something to be liked for, maybe he could stand to relax a bit around her.

Logan snorted, "More like help ya find yer way back ta society on top of findin' food 'n shelter. Ya know, way-finding is incredibly useful tat ya probably could find yerself with it more than music could do fer ya." The mutant slung shade that it seemed unnecessary to have a parasol overhead (:|). "I should, I could give drums a go. Y'know what you ain't so bad yerself, ya don't suck with the axe there."

Cue Logan cringing mentally as he utilized the vernacular of Quinton Quire's.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Takumi @Students​

"Honesty, character, dignity, assertiveness, and more. These are instilled in us despite our steely exteriors; it exists for our mental fortitude. It is not easy interweaving all these together. I see it as a challenge so I may better myself as a person."

The squat man gestured towards himself, specifically his mid-torso, drawing a circle with his index finger. "It starts here and from there? We branch out to do good in the world. Our intentions are pure though we are aware unforeseen consequences may befall upon us. In fact, we are also bizarrely cynical," Feng finalized with a chuckle. "We know our deeds are eventually supplanted by... evil anew, I shall say. Preventive measures, persevering in the same, constant ordeals, etc, becomes the norm."

His was a contemplative expression, "Might I presume you've recognized similar attributes throughout your experiences?"

@C.T.
"...Whoa." She muttered, quiet and subdued. This guy is built like an across the Pacific version of the Kingpin who eats just like I imagined Jabba the Hutt would...and yet, also says things that sound like cynical old man type stuff in pure Clint Eastwood style mixed with something that should be in a fortune cookie.

"A neverending struggle against new types of evils...yeah, I can see that. Dunno if I'd agree but like...no matter how bad a situation gets or witnessing the depths of depravity crooked people sink to...seeing an honest-to-god smile on the face of someone I've saved never gets old to me. The appreciation, the respect, so much reflected in that smile...that's real. Es hermoso. Standing up for the common hermanos and hermanas. It feels right."

Ar36.png

"It's just cool...so yeah, you could say I have I guess." She finished off her pizza with one last bite.

@Indolent
"Hey there. Just ta preempt ya, I'm yer supervisor for the metahuman dorm. Ya should refer ta yer scroll for the details, via the dorm rules link. If ya have any questions, lemme know," Logan offered a friendly smile, "Welcome here."

"If ya drop or step on yer scrolls n' break em... please don't bother me 'bout it. Go bother the big ape, Professor Winston. He'll sort ya out, he loves it." : |​
"Will do. And thanks for the welcome, but don't need to worry. I will take care of my scroll--" Líadan quieted down as that sunk in. "Big ape? That sounds...intriguing."

Logan snorted, "More like help ya find yer way back ta society on top of findin' food 'n shelter. Ya know, way-finding is incredibly useful tat ya probably could find yerself with it more than music could do fer ya." The mutant slung shade that it seemed unnecessary to have a parasol overhead (:|). "I should, I could give drums a go. Y'know what you ain't so bad yerself, ya don't suck with the axe there."​
"...If we're having a music competition or forming a band, would it just be limited to staff or could students give it a go?" She asked, plenty curious.

@Indolent @OrlandoBloomers @Takumi @students​

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Indolent
"...Whoa." She muttered, quiet and subdued. This guy is built like an across the Pacific version of the Kingpin who eats just like I imagined Jabba the Hutt would...and yet, also says things that sound like cynical old man type stuff in pure Clint Eastwood style mixed with something that should be in a fortune cookie.

"A neverending struggle against new types of evils...yeah, I can see that. Dunno if I'd agree but like...no matter how bad a situation gets or witnessing the depths of depravity crooked people sink to...seeing an honest-to-god smile on the face of someone I've saved never gets old to me. The appreciation, the respect, so much reflected in that smile...that's real. Es hermoso. Standing up for the common hermanos and hermanas. It feels right."

Ar36.png

"It's just cool...so yeah, you could say I have I guess." She finished off her pizza with one last bite.

@Indolent

"After thinking on it briefly, I have to concur. It is one of the very few gratifications we are allowed."

Moving onto another topic though, "Is their pizza any good, I'm still peckish."

@C.T.

"After thinking on it briefly, I have to concur. It is one of the very few gratifications we are allowed."

Moving onto another topic though, "Is their pizza any good, I'm still peckish."

@C.T.
S150.png

"It's alright. Not the greatest...but, er...are you sure you're still hungry after all that? I mean what if we have gym first or something?"

S150.png

"It's alright. Not the greatest...but, er...are you sure you're still hungry after all that? I mean what if we have gym first or something?"

"..."

"You may have a point there. I suspect we don't have classes to start today, perhaps orientation instead. Regardless, I make a habit of having my fill. Would you like more pizza? I would be happy to get you a slice or two."

@C.T.

"You may have a point there. I suspect we don't have classes to start today, perhaps orientation instead. Regardless, I make a habit of having my fill. Would you like more pizza? I would be happy to get you a slice or two."​
"Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, that depends. Do you know the golden rule of all pizzas ever. That's a requirement for all pizza handlers." It actually wasn't cuz who would actually be snobby enough to have pizza handlers...in any case she waited for an answer.

@Indolent

• Useful
Reactions: Schnee Corp Lawyer

Cynthia gave Marceline a small applause, her smile bright.

"Oh wow, I've never seen an ax used in such a way before! That's really cool!" she said in awe.

"If ya drop or step on yer scrolls n' break em... please don't bother me 'bout it. Go bother the big ape, Professor Winston. He'll sort ya out, he loves it." : |

Honestly his first impression of Winston was that he was heavily reminded of Hank back home. Excluding the negative habits like staying awake past twenty-four hours and creating a coffee machine to facilitate the act. Said coffee machine eventually became homicidal. Otherwise, Hank was an easygoing and well-liked individual despite his hairy appearance and this was Winston with these qualities in spades. Winston had his own quirks though, his lab smelled heavily of peanut-butter more than bananas. : |

"To be fair, Pomeranians don't take flight or talk either," Logan admitted, his face stoic to reflect the sarcasm underlying what he'd said. He was appreciative of the fact that the musician vampire saw it fit to absolve herself of physical contact with the mutant, her arm around his shoulder retracted as she pulled away. There was just something about otherworldly entities being in close contact that set his senses off. That and he wasn't that altogether familiar with her despite her casual familiarity.

Though his face pursed, for a nanosecond, when he realized she was strumming alongside his words. He caught the subtle bodily mannerism of the radical vampire's, realizing she was going to go along with the teasing. That in of itself was something to be liked for, maybe he could stand to relax a bit around her.

Logan snorted, "More like help ya find yer way back ta society on top of findin' food 'n shelter. Ya know, way-finding is incredibly useful tat ya probably could find yerself with it more than music could do fer ya." The mutant slung shade that it seemed unnecessary to have a parasol overhead (:|). "I should, I could give drums a go. Y'know what you ain't so bad yerself, ya don't suck with the axe there."

Cue Logan cringing mentally as he utilized the vernacular of Quinton Quire's.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Takumi @Students​

Ar36.png

@Indolent

"Will do. And thanks for the welcome, but don't need to worry. I will take care of my scroll--" Líadan quieted down as that sunk in. "Big ape? That sounds...intriguing."

"...If we're having a music competition or forming a band, would it just be limited to staff or could students give it a go?" She asked, plenty curious.

@Indolent @OrlandoBloomers @Takumi @students​

"A band? That sounds fun. Though, I haven't tried singing or anything like play an instrument with what was going on back home during the war with Pleiga and Valm and all that..." Cynthia said as she played with the wedding ring that her mother from the future left behind. She trailed off a bit and lost some of her enthusiasm for a second there.

After a moment of silence the young Pegasus Knight's stomach growl and she seemed sheepish for a second.

"Oh yeah, totally forgot about eating..." Cynthia muttered to herself with a small laugh.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Indolent

Last edited:
"Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, that depends. Do you know the golden rule of all pizzas ever. That's a requirement for all pizza handlers." It actually wasn't cuz who would actually be snobby enough to have pizza handlers...in any case she waited for an answer.

@Indolent

"... May thy grease not be sloppy, your cheese ever melted and succulent, and your pizza sauce fresh?"

He put a spin on his reply, though it was punctuated by the growl of his stomach.

@C.T.

• Thank You
Reactions: C.T. and Takumi

"... May thy grease not be sloppy, your cheese ever melted and succulent, and your pizza sauce fresh?"

He put a spin on his reply, though it was punctuated by the growl of his stomach.

@C.T.
"Nope!" She leaned in closer, holding a hand to cover her mouth as if she were revealing a conspiracy. "It should never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never ever..."

She looked over her shoulder. "...have pineapple."

S122.png

"Nope!" She leaned in closer, holding a hand to cover her mouth as if she were revealing a conspiracy. "It should never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never ever..."

She looked over her shoulder. "...have pineapple."

S122.png

"You and I cannot be friends."

"That is unfortunate, I quite like the pineapple and ham combination. It's an intriguing mix. So, am I unfit?"

@C.T.

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits

"..."

The stout hunter sitting opposite from the spider-girl was somberly flabbergasted by her reaction. It was here and then Feng knew what he had to do, sliding out of his seat to stand. Turning, he murmured to her over the shoulder.

"I will be back."

@C.T.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Status
Not open for further replies.