Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoebe Thunderman had a healthy enough sense of wonder in her to know that sh would enjoy it. She was also really good at listening to people, which meant that this was the best class for her. She could ace it with flying colors and that made everything ten times better than when she started out.

" I understand that there are certain things that can't be changed. It might destroy space time and stuff, I get it," she said, surprised that her teacher also made sure that everything happened the way that it was supposed to happen. That was different.
"Well unless there was anything else, I think we're done here for now. Welcome aboard. And please tell your friends about the class too." Zoe grinned and sat forward in her chair, nodding.

@LuckycoolHawk9

"Well unless there was anything else, I think we're done here for now. Welcome aboard. And please tell your friends about the class too." Zoe grinned and sat forward in her chair, nodding.
Phoebe Thunderman nodded as she smiled and went off on her way. She hoped that she was making the right choice and this would help excel in her course. "Thank you, have a nice day," he said to her smiling happily.

Vasili Thana might have noticed some rigidity in Feng's arm, offering some resistance as she attempted at yanking him downward to face-level, an instinctual response to the sort of thing.

"I called you by your surname, did I mispronounce?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Vasili Thana might have noticed some rigidity in Feng's arm, offering some resistance as she attempted at yanking him downward to face-level, an instinctual response to the sort of thing.

"I called you by your surname, did I mispronounce?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"..."

Vasili stared the behemoth down. There was a hesitance in their eyes that wasn't there before the question. Not born of fear, but their lips wringed in frustration before they huffed and shook their arm free. "No. Whatever." They leaned against the wall with their hands in the pockets of the coat they had on and glowered slightly at Feng.

"So what do you do exactly? Or did your mom just stuff some steroid-o's in your breakfast when you were growing up?"

"..."

Vasili stared the behemoth down. There was a hesitance in their eyes that wasn't there before the question. Not born of fear, but their lips wringed in frustration before they huffed and shook their arm free. "No. Whatever." They leaned against the wall with their hands in the pockets of the coat they had on and glowered slightly at Feng.

"So what do you do exactly? Or did your mom just stuff some steroid-o's in your breakfast when you were growing up?"

"I apologize if I have offended you," the brutish hunter replied breezily, thinking nothing of it since he could not surmise the cause of Thana's momentary outburst.

Brushing his hand off following the impromptu altercation, he peered Vasili's way as to respond, "I am a hunter, hailing from the prodigious Bu Clan. I was subjected to rigorous exercise regimens since age five with strict dieting regulations. Though I cannot say the latter persists still with me to this day but I practice the former religiously on a daily basis. I am unaware of such supplements since then, but I cannot discord the possibility."

He actually glanced upwards as to contemplate the notion. Regardless, he'd extend the same query towards his contemporary, "As for you, Miss Thana?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"I apologize if I have offended you," the brutish hunter replied breezily, thinking nothing of it since he could not surmise the cause of Thana's momentary outburst.

Brushing his hand off following the impromptu altercation, he peered Vasili's way as to respond, "I am a hunter, hailing from the prodigious Bu Clan. I was subjected to rigorous exercise regimens since age five with strict dieting regulations. Though I cannot say the latter persists still with me to this day but I practice the former religiously on a daily basis. I am unaware of such supplements since then, but I cannot discord the possibility."

He actually glanced upwards as to contemplate the notion. Regardless, he'd extend the same query towards his contemporary, "As for you, Miss Thana?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
Twitch

Vasili bristled at the question, something about it snapping the growl back to their face as one hand slowly reached for the guitar case- wait.

"...Did you say hunter? Do you mean like, a Remnant hunter? Or just a mundane 'I kill cute things for fun and profit' hunter?" They asked, all (well most) of their impending fury evaporating​

Twitch

Vasili bristled at the question, something about it snapping the growl back to their face as one hand slowly reached for the guitar case- wait.

"...Did you say hunter? Do you mean like, a Remnant hunter? Or just a mundane 'I kill cute things for fun and profit' hunter?" They asked, all (well most) of their impending fury evaporating​

He'd definitely noticed the twitch.

"The former," he replied simply before appending the following, "I am happy to meet another that knows of hunters like myself. Ah."

"Are you, by chance, a fellow hunter?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

He'd definitely noticed the twitch.

"The former," he replied simply before appending the following, "I am happy to meet another that knows of hunters like myself. Ah."

"Are you, by chance, a fellow hunter?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"Yea!" Vas said as they pushed themselves off the wall with an excited glint in their eye. It faded for a moment as Vas rubbed the back of their neck "or... Well. Sort of. My dad was, but he lived here during and after the Galra stuff. I learned from him and spent some time in Remnant to learn how to use dust. I didn't technically go to a huntsman school though, but, fuck it I was good enough to get into here, so who cares right? BESIDES" Vas right hand clenched into a fist as they closed their eyes. "Such labels are meaningless to me. What others define me as is no longer my concern, for I have transcended such mortal bullshit. I am a King of Death and a Queen of rock" They finished with a a self assured nod and a somber frown. When their eyes cracked open though, the frown faded in favor of a poorly hidden smirk of excitement

"...Do you have a semblance too?"

Cooper decided not to answer that.

Cooper noticed that she was completely fine with being different, which was indeed something he hadn't seen in a while. He had met people in the past who embraced their powers. It was not new to him that some people weren't scared of who or what they were. He was sadly not one of those people. He hated having the ability to control people against their will, it felt wrong, so very, very wrong indeed. He looked over at them quite curiously.

Cooper chuckled a bit when she mentioned that she was an outcast. He could describe himself in the exact same way if he wanted too.

He took them back, but did not put them back on his face. He wasn't quite ready for that at the moment either curiously.

" Oh me, the other half is god, well greek god. It's basically that my mother is the goddess of love Aphrodite. Don't ask all the details, I don't know them," he added to her.

He slid his sunglasses back on his face." I kind of have this gift/ curse with my eyes. Anyone who makes direct contact without it breaking usually can be controlled by me."

The vampire gave a hum of approval and swooped back somewhat to sit casually on stage. "Hmm. My dad's the Lord of Evil. Wonder if they know each other? That and love always seem to go hand-in-hand..." She sighed whimsically, reaching into her jeans pockets and taking out a vibrant red rose that she pretended to sniff before abruptly puncturing it with one fang and feeling it wilt as she drained all color away, leaving it grey and lifeless.

"Hypnotizing's a good show; but, y'know. I've seen it before."

Marceline shrugged.

"Does it get old? Wearing those glasses. Does it ever... Feel like you're hiding part of yourself, and if it ever came out all the way you're not sure people would like that?"

She offered nonchalantly, sliding her hands slowly back from where she was sitting like she slid the question in his direction and raising her eyebrows diplomatically with a guardedly neutral look. She had always gotten the most she could out of being a vampire, but after a thousand years she often asked herself if the condition had taken root even past the person she used to be before it. How much of what she hid was who she really was, deep down? Would she even be anything if she wasn't a vampire?? How long before she forgot all about the person she used to be and started adopting penguins and singing sad songs that weren't even good???

@LuckycoolHawk9

Orion
@Kaykay @Takumi

Orion blinked, snapping out of his moment of concern over well, the girl that had just tripped, turning to his financial captor "lunch mate", it looks like she was friendly enough, even introducing herself, but not before asking their names too.

"Just call me Orion." He said, trying to smile a little.

Though, behind that smile, he was trying to figure out just how many chips this round of breakfast would cost him... Prooobably alot, but oh well, no harm in doing this just once, right?​
"I'm Cynthia, hero in training, it's nice to mee you!" the girl replied as she struck a pose.

They better get used to it.

@york @Kaykay
"Hmm, gotcha!"

Having gotten their names, Sami turned right back around, seeming unfazed by Cynthia's habit of posing rather often, even when the situation didn't really demand it. It didn't take long before they arrived at the cafeteria, the girl with the makeshift cape finding a table for three. She propped open the menu, and it soon became rather apparent that Orion's wallet was going to take a heavy beating.

"Let's see...I'd like the pancakes, the waffles, the hash browns, maybe a muffin wouldn't hurt...oh! I want some sausage, too! Might as well get an omelette too. So, what're you guys getting?"

No one could blame a girl for being hungry, right?

@york @Takumi

Reactions: Takumi
"I'm Cynthia, hero in training, it's nice to mee you!" the girl replied as she struck a pose.

They better get used to it.

@york @Kaykay
"Hmm, gotcha!"

Having gotten their names, Sami turned right back around, seeming unfazed by Cynthia's habit of posing rather often, even when the situation didn't really demand it. It didn't take long before they arrived at the cafeteria, the girl with the makeshift cape finding a table for three. She propped open the menu, and it soon became rather apparent that Orion's wallet was going to take a heavy beating.

"Let's see...I'd like the pancakes, the waffles, the hash browns, maybe a muffin wouldn't hurt...oh! I want some sausage, too! Might as well get an omelette too. So, what're you guys getting?"

@york @Takumi
Orion
@Kaykay @Takumi

Orion's stature sort of took a dip when he realized exactly how bad of a beating his wallet would get today... Yeah... If he got the chance, he'd probably just lock himself out again to earn some extra chips, otherwise he'd be broke pretty quickly. Well, at least Sami looked like she was enjoying herself, at the expense of... Him. Oh well, at the very least, he'd get something to sate his appetite, buuuut he'd be stretching it to buy too much; his wallet wouldn't be able to take it. So, naturally, he decided to settle with a very basic meal.

"Just a... Bagel for me." He mumbled.

Well, at the very least, he didn't have much of an appetite today, but if things kept up like this during every meal... He'd be pretty broke, all he could do was pray that this wasn't the case, but it was admittedly a little hard to keep his composure as he tried to calculate exactly how expensive breakfast alone would be.​

The vampire gave a hum of approval and swooped back somewhat to sit casually on stage. "Hmm. My dad's the Lord of Evil. Wonder if they know each other? That and love always seem to go hand-in-hand..." She sighed whimsically, reaching into her jeans pockets and taking out a vibrant red rose that she pretended to sniff before abruptly puncturing it with one fang and feeling it wilt as she drained all color away, leaving it grey and lifeless.

Marceline shrugged.

"Does it get old? Wearing those glasses. Does it ever... Feel like you're hiding part of yourself, and if it ever came out all the way you're not sure people would like that?"

She offered nonchalantly, sliding her hands slowly back from where she was sitting like she slid the question in his direction and raising her eyebrows diplomatically with a guardedly neutral look. She had always gotten the most she could out of being a vampire, but after a thousand years she often asked herself if the condition had taken root even past the person she used to be before it. How much of what she hid was who she really was, deep down? Would she even be anything if she wasn't a vampire?? How long before she forgot all about the person she used to be and started adopting penguins and singing sad songs that weren't even good???

Cooper looked at him and wondered how he should answer that to be quite honest. " I don't think they would know each other, evil and love are not something that always got together," he said, as he didn't believe that to be true in the slightest. If he believed anything about love, it was that it was not evil, but one that caused hope. He knew that love could be bad, but he didn't wish to acknowledge this side of things yet either too honestly.

" It's not hypnotizing, but that is not what this is... it's complicated."

He ignored the shrug.

" I ask myself that question a lot. If I allowed myself to use my powers, would I be more me than the me who I am now or would I be a monster? That's what makes me often say no."

He had only had his gift or as he called it his curse for seven or so years. He often wondered if he would be better or worse than ever if he had not recieved his powers or if this power was getting better. It was one thing to be cursed, but another entirely to not know why your parent would do such a thing. Why had his mother thought that this power was a good fit for him and why couldn't someone else have it? Would he pass this off to his children and would his power grow if he didn't wear the glasses? He often wondered how long it would take before he lost himself and became a monster that everyone was afraid of without saying a damn word about everything.

"Yea!" Vas said as they pushed themselves off the wall with an excited glint in their eye. It faded for a moment as Vas rubbed the back of their neck "or... Well. Sort of. My dad was, but he lived here during and after the Galra stuff. I learned from him and spent some time in Remnant to learn how to use dust. I didn't technically go to a huntsman school though, but, fuck it I was good enough to get into here, so who cares right? BESIDES" Vas right hand clenched into a fist as they closed their eyes. "Such labels are meaningless to me. What others define me as is no longer my concern, for I have transcended such mortal bullshit. I am a King of Death and a Queen of rock" They finished with a a self assured nod and a somber frown. When their eyes cracked open though, the frown faded in favor of a poorly hidden smirk of excitement

"...Do you have a semblance too?"

"For a few generations, the Bu has been on Earth. They were there when the Galra attacked. They were there to do as they do best in the midst of the war and the following aftermath. I am proud of my predecessors," Feng smiled a wide smile that bared the pearly white of his teeth, illuminating his geniality.

Realizing he abruptly shifted the flow of the conversation, the hunter thoughtfully inquired of Vasili the following, "Perhaps I have heard of your father. In any case, it is an honor to come to know his daughter."

Oh... she was one of these individuals. Now it became clear why she had reacted so strangely in the past few minutes, "I see. That will be slightly confusing for many but I think I can understand the meaning," was his placating response.

To answer her query though, "I do, yes. Kinetic amplification; it is a potent power."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"Hmm, gotcha!"

@york @Takumi

"An omelette as well as a bagel is enough for me." Cynthia grinned.

Orion
@Kaykay @Takumi

Orion's stature sort of took a dip when he realized exactly how bad of a beating his wallet would get today... Yeah... If he got the chance, he'd probably just lock himself out again to earn some extra chips, otherwise he'd be broke pretty quickly. Well, at least Sami looked like she was enjoying herself, at the expense of... Him. Oh well, at the very least, he'd get something to sate his appetite, buuuut he'd be stretching it to buy too much; his wallet wouldn't be able to take it. So, naturally, he decided to settle with a very basic meal.

"Just a... Bagel for me." He mumbled.

Well, at the very least, he didn't have much of an appetite today, but if things kept up like this during every meal... He'd be pretty broke, all he could do was pray that this wasn't the case, but it was admittedly a little hard to keep his composure as he tried to calculate exactly how expensive breakfast alone would be.​

This guy seemed rather gloomy to the Pegasus Knight but she wasn't sure why he seemed that way. Oh well.

@york @Kaykay

"You have a good day miss."

He waved goodbye and the last she saw of him was the good professor knuckling over to his desk.

@Michale CS

--------------

Kali shrugged helplessly. She could well understand why he did so, but these were the lawful enforcement of the grounds.

Her want to help and her primary inset programming to be respectful of authority was creaking under the stress.

@Takumi

-----------

Oh dark gods, not another one.

And she even had a wolf motif. That was just great. Yomi's mood soured and it made her snappish as she said coldly.

"No."

A moment later, she regretted it as she amended her words.

"It was a gift from family. Why, do you collect them?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Belle watched a moment longer before walking over. Giving a light cough to grab their attention she stood straight, red eyes staring into each individual in a non-threatening way yet still held their sharp gaze.

"I think you guys need to calm down and settle this peacefully, don't you agree?" she asked, tone low and calm. Almost quiet.

@Ringmaster

Nah, after the group would finally make it to their intended destination would hold her dragonstone in her hands. Feeling it give off heat as it began to glow softly.

"Alright, so...here goes nothing." she muttered. With a flash, the small Manakete standing before them would become the beast she was the night before.

latest

"Hmph. Impressed teacher?" Nah's voice would lightly echo out with a small growl.

@C.T. @Michale CS @The Wanderer

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: York
Status
Not open for further replies.