The Walking Dead - Among the Ruined [March to Death]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan - Morgantown Community - Adrien, Kerry, Claiborne, John
Approaching the end of the hallway, Nathan couldn't be more annoyed by the delusions or whatever that was coming out of John's mouth. Being a part of the military and talking as if the supplies in their community aren't even theirs. That part pissed him of the most. "Listen.." He started, before placing his hand on John's shoulder quite fast and used the motion to pull him towards and into the wall by the gym door.

Nathan was holding him from his collar with both his hands. This was probably the first time he acted in such a way. "Sergeant or whoever you're talking about. We dont know him. We dont have his or your supplies. Our supplies are our owns. They are not yours. You have not distributed anyone here anything. Now listen pal.. I dont know what screwed up world you came from, but we're all trying to survive here."

He occasionally glanced at the others, and especially Claiborne. This was definetely not how he planned that this would go like. "One false move and you're out of here.. And your friends are welcome to stay." An annoyed sigh escaped his lips moments after, before silence echoed throughout the hall way. Luckily no one else, and especially not Alannah was around to see him like that. Taking a step back to create some space, he continued. "Now move... The place is just up ahead." He nodded towards the direction.

A few seconds later, he opened the door to the gym, where only Tyler and his group were. "Get inside and stay there until we give you guys the all clear. Got it?"

Last edited:
John - Morgan Town - Nathan

He kept to himself the entire time, not paying much mind to the final words until he felt the force pulling him back due to Nathan's arm. Even if the guards were right their, when John felt Nathan's arms grab upon his collar was almost like he wanted for John to star a fight with him. Eyes pierced Nathan's own as he embroiled his arms around Nathan's, hands held firmly over his arms as he stared continuously. "Respect me as I will respect you. I have given you my weapons as a sign of good faith. Don't you dare put your hands on me." Was the only thing he said when Nathan finished speaking. Upon removal from both parties, he'd shrug his shoulders to accommodate the blouse again, looking at the trigger happy guard whom he solemnly hated out of the entirety due to his disrespect-fullness while at the gate. "Putain tu regardes?" He asked rudely, before continuing the move.

He stood at the gym doors before nodding. "And what is the all clear?" He asked, more questions about to flow out. "When do we even get out?... And when can we get our arms back?"​

Floyd /Abram - Gift Shop - Samantha, Enrique, and Matt

The second her lips retreated from touching his, Floyd's eyes squinted as he took a step back. Shocked by Samantha's sudden actions, he felt some of his limbs lose their motor skills. The man stood there motionless and quiet. He stared into her bright eyes in attempt to understand what she was feeling. Floyd could only conclude that the girl was not really thinking and just acted upon her fright. They didn't know each other, nor did they have anything in common. They were complete strangers so her actions could be deemed inappropriate.

Though that would be the generalized view of the situation. Nowadays, it seemed more appropriate to come in union with the survivors by ones side. For Floyd, Jess had become someone he'd become close to. Even till this day, he wants to make sure her safety is priority. She is needed to ensure Benjamin's survival, and Floyd feels like it is his burden to keep the two alive. He'd give his life for the pair, he'd give his life for Hank too. He'd give his life for Abram, for Imogen. He would've given himself up to save Seth, or Aaliyah. Now as he stared into Sam's eyes, he felt that same connection. He felt as though her life mattered more than his. Like she would do more good in the future than he could ever imagine.

Before, when it all started, Floyd didn't think this way. He was selfish and merely a survivor. He hunted and fought to ensure himself another day on this blood soaked planet. It was what it was. After realizing good people existed, he started to change and become one of them. He fed on their emotions, on their successes, their failures. It was thanks to Jess and Abram, Hank and DeShean, that Floyd was able to see himself for his strengths. He was powerful beyond measure, and it was thanks to his new family that his eyes opened to this light.

So as he continued to stare at Samantha, he could see how pure she was. He wasn't angry about the kiss, he accepted it for what it was. A simple act of kindness expressed in a different way. Just as he was about to speak, gunshots rang from across the street. Floyd quickly turned around towards the front.

"Stay here," he told Samantha as he rushed towards Abram and Matt who defended the front door. Realizing they weren't the ones who opened fire, he joined Abram who was staring through the cracks of the window. The men could see another survivor on the roof of the store on the other side of the road. The entire place was surrounded by walkers, both inside the store and outside. The idiot fired his weapon in the night, which caused echoes. Eventually, more walkers would approach his general location, which mean the gift shop would most likely be compromised as well.

"We'll have to evacuate soon," Abram stated. Floyd nodded in agreement as he backed away from the window. He started looting the place for anything that they would need later on.

"What do we do about him?" Floyd asked as he dug through cabinets for supplies. Abram looked at the man in similar question. He didn't have an answer. There wasn't many options present for them. There were too many walkers for a rescue mission and they'd all die if they attempted. They could possibly draw the walkers away, but the outcome would most likely be the same.

"We can't just leave em," Floyd commented.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claiborne Bonder - Morgantown - Nathan,John, and Others

"You'll be informed," Claiborne answered John as he himself closed the gym doors in the man's face. He signaled the armed guards to lock the entrance with chain as he supervised they were doing a perfect job. Claiborne wanted everything to go smoothly, and the arrival of this soldier was going against his wishes. This definitely made Claiborne uneasy, but it seemed to be impacting Nathan a lot more - visually at least.

Turning to the taller man, Claiborne quickly stepped forward to stand under his chin. His deranged-like eyes stared deeply into the man's chest, as though he could see his beating heart. Slowly he moved his gazed upward to meet Nathan's face.

"Here it is. As long as you are my comrade, you will not let this happen again do you understand?" he questioned Nathan in regards to his aggressive actions towards John. He could immediately see the man's sudden change in approach - from how he initially treated Tyler's group to how he was treating the foreign soldier. It was obvious to everyone something was bothering Nathan.

Anyhow, before the man could give his own insight, Clay answered the question for him.

"I don't think you do. You alright? It is not the violence that got us to where we are, don't let that become you. I'm not sure what you've got goin' through that intellectual head of yours, but you must control it Nathan. We're all worked up, every single one of us. They need a leader, not another roughhouse. We're here to uphold peace, to ensure the safety of our people," Claiborne started. He took a step back and gave Nathan some space. Whatever the man had going on, Claiborne didn't want to see it. If they made enemies out of these 'guests', then they would be putting the entire community in danger. Claiborne also acted on his emotions which caused some drama, but he was as composed as always. The man held himself with class, despite the lack of a grade A attire.

"Walk with me," he told his fellow comrade as he started down the hall. The two men walked next to one another in union.

"I know you've never done nuthin' like this before. I've never seen you this hotheaded , but what I have seen is people like you lose it within seconds of their first encounter with rage. DO NOT let that be you. I get enough from Mel. I get enough from Rob. We have to be smarter than these people. They fear what they cannot understand and it is our job to be a step ahead of all of them. We show signs of weakness or breakage, then we are both done. I'm not going to ask you what sprouted these emotions, but I need you to control them. If not, I will take matters into my own hands and deal with the these thangs as I see fit," he started to conclude.

By this time, they stood before Claiborne's office and dormitory. He started digging in his coat pocket for his cigars, only having a single one left.

"When the sun rises, we will deal with the soldier first. Then we attempt to contact Mel and find out her location, see if Riley is with her. Afterwards, we take care of this large group - start setting rules and regulations. Those are our tasks. We do what we have to do, and everythang else will fall into play. Now go rest and cool down. Goodnight."

Aubrey - Natchez - Hank and Co/ Joe/ Enrique/ Floyd and Co.

Being an early bird wasn't new to Aubrey. She had gotten used to her routine back when she worked for Magnus, which usually consisted of getting up before the sun rose and taking over watch at the prison cells. By the time the small group that Hank dictated began to stir, she was already standing at the doors looking outside. During the night, faint gunshots could be hear echoing. Even with all the hissing and groaning of the walkers walking past the entrance.

The first to greet her was some man she never remembered the name of. It didn't matter to her. Once she acknowledged his existence, Hank gave the word that they'd move out, and Joe would take them to the community he so fondly spoke of. In truth, Aubrey didn't care much for being with the others. Kerry had been left behind and she wanted to make sure that he had survived the onslaught.

------------

"There aren't very many of them left... but I'm willing to bet more will trickle in." The teenager knocked off an arrow and watched it hit the nearest walker, smiling ever so slightly as it went right through it's skull. As Joe drove the van, Aubrey and another, would get out of the vehicle only to shoot at the dead that would block the way. They had the more quiet weapons, even though Aubrey could barely start to raise her arm. The bullet wound the Levi had helped her with seemed to have healed over nicely from the outside, but she could still feel something different on the inside. Her aim was a bit off and lifting the bow would get tiring rather easily.

As they neared the plaza, Aubrey began to see many of the walkers on the ground. Either dead or dragging themselves. Nearby, there was a truck that had seemed to be abandoned. The girl's eyes scanned plaza to check for any signs of anyone alive. If they were smart, the would have taken refuge. "It's all clear. I'll just get my arrows and take care of the dragging ones." Never waiting for an answer, Aubrey did what she did best and went ahead of the truck to yank her arrows out, using them to stab the heads of the few walkers that growled at her.

Enrique-Natchez-/Joe/ Hank and Co/Aubrey/ Floyd and Co

Enrique heard the sounds of walkers dying, something striking heads and grunting. He grumbled and pushed the cloth off his face, he was confronted by morning light. He put his hand up unhappily groaning as he turned to look over the edge of the roof. What he saw below made him both elated and scared. A woman. She was a gringa, pony tail, some dirt on her clothes and a bow in her arms. She wore a tanktop, with blue jeans. And boots not that different from Enrique's own. He grabbed his rifle and angled it over the roof edge, he brought himself up to a knee so she could see him. He still aimed his rifle at her, but his finger was not on the trigger. He watched her for a bit. She clearly wasnt expecting someone.

"Friendly on your left!" Enrique shouted looking down his sights at her. She was wearing something on her arm, it looked to be some kind of brace. And on the other she had a rag, bit of blood on it. By her previous movements it looked like it had been fresh, still affecting her motion. She turned up to him as she pulled an arrow out of a walkers skull. He cocked his rifle and put his hand on the trigger as she knocked an arrow. If she loosed he figured he'd have time to get out of the way and still shoot so he talked.

"Easy now, I dont wanna hurt you," Enrique said calmly, "I'm pretty good guy. My names Enrique, I'm an ex ranger. I've been looking for people..."

Lia - Natchez, Downtown - Brian, Becky, and Sam

Shortly after calling out to Becky, Lia was surprisedly met with a rock pummeling her in the center of her back. "Ack!" she cried, rubbing her back with her left hand quickly before glancing over her shoulder. Behind her, she could see the male from earlier rushing toward her. "Oh, shit! Renegade, run!" she exclaimed, beginning to bolt ahead faster. Lia hadn't been certain before if she had knocked the boy out, but she was, at least, not expecting him to get up again as quickly has he had.

Feeling the boy to be her main threat at the moment, the blonde made sure to put all of her energy into running away from him. Renegade, however, had stronger senses than her as a dog and knew they were about to come in contact with something far worse than just an innocent stranger chasing after them. He skidded to a stop and stood still for a moment, refusing to continue his running.

Upon realizing her companion had halted himself, Lia stopped too. She thrust her head over her shoulder, frowning when she saw him. "Renegade, we gotta no, now!" she cried, motioning rapidly for her dog to come. She even whistled to him, clicking her tongue in a manner she had taught Renegade to understand meant "come." The dog, however, didn't budge from his spot—instead he started to growl, his ears moving back.

Puzzled, Lia turned to look in the direction he was staring. "What the hell has got you so worked up? We need to go before that kid catches us. We wouldn't want him to find out where we're go— SHIT!"

The young survivor's mouth suddenly fell open. She stared in awe as a very large hoard of walkers began moving in her direction. Her eyes widened and her jaw trembled. The girl hadn't seen a hoard this big in quite some time. It was a bad situation; suddenly she was in a lot more danger than she had hoped to be in. "Renegade, we gotta go."

Whirling around, Lia began to run in the opposite direction. She wasn't sure if she should go back and hide in the dark apartment building—which was a dangerous place—or run to look for a hiding place somewhere else and risk not finding one. Lia bit her lip, hoping the young man from earlier, Brian, would leave her alone as she passed him. The dead was big enough threat already right now; she didn't want to worry about the living too.

@TheColourlessRainbow @OrlandoBloomers

John - Morgan Town Lunchroom - Scarlett.

John made a slow walk toward Scarlett, sitting down in a groan as he made sure he moved his knee slowly, trying not to cause too much pain before loosening the brace. "Mademoiselle.. Telle une jolie dame, je l'ai vu... I am John. John Lennings. It is such a pleasure to meet such a beautiful damsel.. Who might I have the pleasure of speaking to?" He asked, his hand extended toward her in a formal matter, as he gave Scarlett a reassuring smile. "You're also locked up in here? When did your group come in?.." He grumbled to himself as he sighed. "These people think they could herdle us like cattle, keep us locked and leave our weapons with them... How do we truly know we are even safe?" He spoke somewhat annoyed and to himself then looked up at her again. "Sorry.. Who did you say you were again?"​

Scarlett - Morgantown Gym - John

Scarlett had fallen asleep soon after Katie did, having laid down next to the girl. She had told herself it was only for a short minute, but when she had opened her eyes again, the people around her and Katie were already moving around. She had apologized to Tyler for letting her guard down, but even he admitted that he had dozed off as well.

Now, the young woman found herself fixing Katie's hair before letting her go with Liam to get food. The gym wasn't big, so it was easy to keep an eye on the two the entire time.

"Who might I have the pleasure of speaking to?"

Scarlett turned to see the man that had taken a seat next to her and Tyler, her brows furrowing in confusion. Had she just heard the man speak in French?
"Um, hello." Scarlett glanced down at his hand and cautiously reached out for it, shaking it firmly, before pulling back and setting it down on her lap. "I'm Scarlett. And we got here last night. Luckily, it was right before the horde of walkers came by."

The young woman studied the man carefully, before turning to Tyler for some reassurance. "Our group split. I followed Tyler and his daughter, along with the other few." She turned back to the man, wondering where he had came from. She assumed that she had fallen asleep by the time that he had gotten there. "I believe its right for them to keep the weapons for now. It's for their security, and ours. We are, after all, guests.... Where did you come from? Are there others like you?" She referred to his uniform, looking down at it before looking back up to John's face. "Did you see others out there?"

Tyler - Morgantown Gymnasium - Scarlett/Katie/Liam/John

He watched Scarlett for a moment, his eyes scanning her as she pulled out a hair tie to give to Katie. For Tyler, it was a beautiful moment to watch, though the reminder of that awful day brought a wince across his face. His bad leg seemed to ebb with pain in remembrance, giving way to dark thoughts of throttling both Matt and Jon. Both of them had been Tremblay's men, but only Matt had been the real asshole. Tyler could not place blame entirely on Matt considering their sordid alliance in the past, but if Tyler ever came face to face with him these days, he couldn't be entirely sure he'd be able to keep in control of himself.

Lowering his head, Tyler reached up to rub at his eyes, grunting in response to Scarlett's offer of shaving him. He felt his face grow hot at the thought, and Tyler didn't want to give anyone the satisfaction of seeing him flustered. "I look fine," he managed to mutter, rubbing at his face until he felt back in control of his emotions. Looking up and into Scarlett's eyes, he found himself unable to speak for a moment. "... If they don't like how I look, then that's on them."

He then looked down at Katie, smiling at the new braid in her hair. "It's fine to complain. Sometimes." Locked inside a gymnasium or not, Tyler was just thankful Katie was not out there. He would not abandon her training by any means, but having walls around her and people to rely on would let Katie just be herself for a while-- a kid. Liam may have been outside of Tyler's concern, but the man was at least thankful his presence gave Katie a child to hang out with. The other kids hadn't taken to hanging out with Katie yet; no doubt they were afraid of her father, the big scary Tyler. Sucked to be them, they were stuck with Tyler and Katie for the foreseeable future.

Tyler thanked Jace for his assistance, though declined Jace's offer to speak with him and Caleb. Tyler had no interest in being near Adam, and Katie didn't want him moving away from her regardless. He sat in silence, watching her tiny body move softly in tune with her breathing. The sight was making him sleepy in the dim lighting, a feeling that Scarlett seemed to share as she soon fell asleep as well.

Then, the gym doors opened, sending a fresh rush of wariness running through Tyler's body. He felt his hair stand on end as he watched a new group be ushered inside. Tyler caught a small glance of both Nathan and Claiborne before they disappeared behind the closing doors. One of the new men looked to be Adrien from Hank's group, but Tyler couldn't place the others. That they were unknown presented a threat in Tyler's eyes, especially when one seemed to make a beeline for Scarlett. Tyler knew some French many years ago, but it had been so long now that he couldn't place what this guy was saying at all.

Tyler simply glared daggers at John, sitting silently to the side of Scarlett. He didn't bother to speak as Scarlett asked the questions burning at the forefront of his mind.

@Wolverbells @ResistingTheEnlightened @Lady Myst @Rithas

John - Morgantown - Tyler, Scarlett

John gave a nice and gentle shake, somewhat unexpectant of her own grip. "Well, luckily more are alive than dead. It'd be a worse shame to see deceased. Upon her pseudo-introduction to Tyler, "Mister Taylor! Master Corporal Lennings, at your service!" The look upon Tylers face gave John a sense of uneasiness, and he aimed to try and make himself be more trusted. He appeared a lot more cheerful, somewhat because he doesn't know whom the leader is in this group, and he probably wouldn't mind. John gave a somewhat surprised face before extending his own hand to Tyler. "Sorry. You must be Tyler, oui?" He then heard Scarlett's questions, his face slowly pulling down from a smile to that of a forlorn chuckle. "I uhm.. I originate from a far away place, not here in the US... I come from the Cloverdale Central Refugee and Supplies center, just a few ways from Natchez. I was Head Quartermaster over with Cloverdale." He noted her observance, then somewhat stared at her as he lost himself in thought. "U-Uh... N-No. No, not.. Not anymore." He sniffed, speaking in pauses as he thought of where the other troops were, but he really felt guilty. It felt as though he was suffering from Survivors Guilt, but in actuality, not even John actually knows if any of the troops there made it out alive. "I've only spotted the civilians. Nothing more than that really.. Governments must be dead, I suppose. Or atleast the US."

Joe - Walmart Super Store - Jon/Imogen/Turisa/Heather/Jess/Hank/Aubrey

Rubbing his wrists, Joe nodded to Jon. It seemed not everyone was like Hank, not that Joe didn't understand Hank.

"Thanks, umm, Jon, right? "

As Hank waked away, Joe froze. He want to talk to the man. Joe was nervous. He truly want to help everyone, however, Hank was a different than the rest. His group wasn't a threat to Hank, but he knew anything thing could happen, any straw can break the camel's back. Turning back to the group, the native man would sit down, not before asking Jon a question.

"So, what's Hank's story? is he as far gone as I think?"

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Atomyk
Aubrey - Morgantown Plaza - Enrique/ Hank and Co/Floyd and co

"Friendly on your left!"

Aubrey wasn't expecting to hear shouting coming from other than the vehicle behind her. Instinctively, the young woman turned and found her target with ease, only wincing slightly when she had to lift her bow. "I don't care what you are, or you were." Aubrey angled her bow down slightly and began to move backwards towards the sound of the van. "We've got people here... What kind of people are you looking for?"

Samantha - Mograntown Plaza - Floyd/Abram/Hank and co/Enrique

The last thing Sam could remember was Floyd's face after she had done the most inappropriate thing in her life. He didn't looked appalled, which was good, but still she couldn't help but think that he would probably voice her by now. She had fallen asleep in the corner of the shop and woken up with a small blanket. She'd have to thank the men after they got to safety.

It wasn't them who woke her up though. The sound of muffled voices did. After Sam had remembered what exactly had happened, she stood up quickly, swaying a bit from the sudden rush; not caring though. She made her way quickly to the front of the store where Abram stood at the door. "What's going on?" She expected the men to have been hesitant to leave the shop, so Sam went ahead and peeked out through an opening at a window. Her bright blue eyes widened seeing the girl with the bow. "Hey its Audrey, or Aubrey. The van is right over there! We can leave." The excitement and relief were evident in her voice. Even if the men went against what she thought, Sam still went for the door and began to move things.

Scarlett - Morgatown gym - Tyler/Katie/Liam/John

Scarlett was immediately intrigued at hearing that he had ran in to civilians. She wondered if he had ran in to Hank and the group. Maybe Sam? Although she was positive Sam was smart enough to get out of the path of the horde, she couldn't help herself from asking.

"Did you happen to run into a group? I know this is going to sound crazy, but did you run into anyone that looks like... well.. looks like me?" She watched him carefully, wondering if he was lying. It was difficult to come across honest people nowadays.

"Tyler, do you think they'll let us out anytime soon?" After paying some attention to John, she turned once again to Tyler. Her worry now was with his health. Last night he didn't seem too content with his leg. She would definitely go out to find a medic today, no matter what happened.

John - Morgantown gym - Tyler, Scarlett

John was more so happy and amused that Scarlett was atleast listening, a genuine smile formed on his mouth as he nodded. Wait, why was he nodding? He immediately stopped, when realization hit him hard. His fist slammed down on the table, his finger snapping continuously to try and bring her name as he closed his eyes, groaning in though as he hit the table again. "Sacre Bleu! Oui, Oui! Pute!" He was cursing himself out, trying to not seem crazy but he knew that this matter was a dangerous matter for Scarlett - Samantha's sister.

"Samantha!" He stood up quickly as he said the name, leaning forward to her. "I saw your sister, yes, well... More so confronted her, I thought she was like one of.. Those, girls for raiders. She was angry at something, I don't know what, but she's alive, yes!.. Last I know they were holed up somewhere South from here. She's fine. She's with.. Abrams? Abrams and Flloyd."

Nathan - Morgantown Community - Claiborne
He was not sure how he ended up the way he did in the moment earlier, with the stranger who had now joined the rest in the Gym, at least Tyler's group. Claiborne's reaction was honestly not as suprising. If anything, he would be the one to notice that something was not quite right with Nathan. The one thing that was actually weighing down on him was his thoughts about his child and Alannah. Could the man really protect the woman he loved and the child he would be a father to? Especially in the torn up world they live in?

The strangers, the group outside the community, it all made things harder. Especially if they tried anything foolish. Hearing Claiborne and his lecture was understanding. He was much more cool headed now and collective than before. If anything, that very same thing would not happen again, unless absolutely neccessary. Nathan knew quite well that the situation with John could have been handled in a better way, but something about that guy just hit a nerve. In the end, it was Nathan venting his anger on the soldier.

An exhausting sigh escaped his lips before his eyes fixated on Claiborne before him. "Yeah.. Not sure what got over me." Complying to what the old man said was for the best. Nathan knew that he was in the wrong. "And Clay.. I know quite well what it means to be a leader. You don't have to worry about me." The man had to express his own opinion as well. As the conversation kept on going, he felt that the way the old man spoke was as if he would eventually become something he wouldn't recognize himself, and the people around him.

Being much more focused now, as they approached Claiborne's office, he spoke up, regarding what to do next. "I'll have a word with Tyler after the hordes gone past us, hopefully. I've already gotten the people to tighten the security around the school. All we need is for things to go smoothly. Sit tight and ride this shit out." Turning his gaze away from Claiborne, he continued. "I'll make my way to the cafeteria for now, and get a status update.. See how close the dead has come."

Nathan gave the guy a casual wave before he started to walk down the hallway. "It wouldn't hurt if you also joined me.. Seeing your face would at least ease their minds. Mel isn't here either." What he said held the truth. The people wanted answers, beside seeing both him and Claiborne would lessen the tension around.

"If you change your mind, I'll see you there.. Clay."

Enrique-Morgantown Plaza- Aubrey/Sam/Floyd/ Hank and Co
Enrique kept his rifle aimed at the girl, she lowered hers but he could not be sure. When she mentioned people he looked briefly away but kept his rifle aimed in her direction. He saw a van. He was about to be outnumbered, if they forced a surrender from him then he'd be a prisoner. But if he lowered his rifle now he'd likely be seen as an ally. Even though none of them knew him. He lowered his rifle and held it in his offhand by the stock.

"I'm looking for good people," Enrique said calmly but loud enough for her to hear, "I have been running solo for a while now. I figure'd its time to find some friends."

He walked over to the back side of the roof and looked over the edge the walkers had mostly cleared. He walked back to the front of the roof and nodded towards the van.

"If I come down, I'm not gonna get cut up and eaten am I?" He said with a small smile, only half joking. He didnt know these people. But he had been on his own for too long, he'd had too much time to think on himself. He needed someone to talk to, he had thought several times about making an imaginary friend.

"I got food and some supplies, and I'm a real good shot. I can be of use to your group."​

Hank - Morgantown Plaza - Aubrey, Sam, Enrique, Others.

Without a word against the unintelligent and ignorant decision the group decided to make, Hank sat in the back of the van in solitude. He hadn't spoken since they left the Super-center, still against the majority vote to go for the Morgantown Community. His trusting ties were being cut and shortened. He was honestly unsure who was on his side anymore, questioning everyone's loyalty. He even wondered about his original group members. Did Heather believe in him? Did Floyd?

There was no way to tell at this point - no point really. In the end, all Hank wanted to do was leave. The man could no longer find honesty in any new person and even questioned that of his own group's. At times he just wanted to end it, stop running and just settle somewhere until a storm came through and finished him off. It wasn't a suicidal tenancy, just a thought and way of liberation. From the beginning, Hank had always found ways to survive - escaping rocky situations to ensure he lived yet another day. But as time progressed, as the world seemed to get dimmer and dimmer, those 'rocky situations' seemed to get harder to get through. Therefore, despite his attempts to keep living on, deep in the back of his mind he was certain the path would end.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Floyd/Abram - Morgantown Plaza - Aubrey, Sam, Enrique, Others.

"Hold on," Abram demanded, grabbing Samantha by the arm and pulling her back so she'd stop making noise. The soldier peeked through the drape covered window with his rifle on hand. His eyes seemed fierce, watching the events outside unfold before them. The guy from last night remained atop the building, his rifle pointed at Aubrey. There was an obvious altercation going on outside and Abram had already taken both action and precaution measures.

Escaping the gift shop through the back door, Floyd slowly sneaked through the side of the building with a pistol in hand. Noticing Aubrey from the group they traveled with, Floyd had to find out if Hank was with her. Problem was, if she got shot, she'd be no help to anyone.

Coming to stop where he was both hidden and enough space to see his surroundings, Floyd pointed his weapon at the man on the roof who was too busy pointing his own weapon at the girl. His eyes then shifted to the van behind Aubrey, seeing there was a figure in the driver's seat - meaning she was not alone. At this point though, there was no others moves to make. He couldn't just jump out there and become a secondary target. So Floyd decided to wait it out, see what happened before taking the opportunity to act.

Claiborne Bonder - Morgantown - Mrs. Valeria

"Come on in," Claiborne stated the next morning to the individual knocking at his door. He always had his door closed at every time of the day. He enjoyed his time alone and the quiet breeze that came from his open window. The old man would sit on his rocking chair while smocking his fancy cigars all while doing much needed paperwork. He took note of everything that was being done that day, or suppose to be done.

He was in charge of making the task-list to post on the bulletin board in the cafeteria. That's where the community citizens would look for their name and see their assignments for the day after eating their breakfast. There would be the curfew for the day and the the lunch and dinner menu. It was a very organized system for all of them, not complicated in any way.

Anyway, Mrs. Valeria came in after she heard Claiborne give her the okay. The elderly Mexican woman carried Claiborne's mug to his desk. Her simple smile of gratitude made Clay's day already much better.

"Buenos Dias Mister Claiborne," Valeria would say, waiting for Clay to take a sip of the coffee. Mrs. Valeria didn't have any tasks during the day. She was too fragile for any kind of duties - or so Claiborne would argue. Because she had been there from the start, Claiborne always took care of the woman. He saw her like a mother figure to a lot of the other members of Morgantown and deeply found her qualities to be admirable. She took it upon herself to bring Claiborne his favorite mug every morning filled with black with no sugar. She was a humble woman which the man truly appreciated.

Taking the mug from the table, Clay took a sip and nodded at Mrs. Valeria as he continued his paperwork. His eyes and facial expression alone made Mrs. Valeria overjoyed. She knew that he enjoyed her coffee and was glad to be of help.

"Me voy ahora Mr. Claiborne," Mrs. Valeria said, bidding her goodbyes.

"One second Mrs. Valeria. I've got sumthin' to ask you."

"Si, Mr. Claiborne?" Mrs. Valeria spoke little to no English, but understood it very very well for someone of her nationality and age. She was a sharp woman compared to many of the other elders. She wasn't seen as a leader figure in any way, but her overall knowledge could easily outweigh that of many of the other citizens. That's the reason Claiborne valued her so much.

"Yesterday, after Nathan and I shared our current situation, you stood up and left to your room. Now I'm wondering why that was?" Claiborne asked her, his writing concluding for the moment as he seemed to be staring into her soul. The man had this way of provoking intimidation by mere sight. His eyes glared like that of a demon - which was the reason he was much feared. As one could tell - by the entirety of this exert - despite being close to Claiborne, despite his appreciation and love, he would not stand for any misconduct (as displayed with Mel).

Mrs. Valeria stayed quiet for a minute. She couldn't make eye contact with Claiborne so decided to stare at the ground. Her mouth opened as though she wanted to speak but nothing came out. It wasn't until she took a breath that she managed to find the nerve to speak.

"Me fui proque se que con ellos aqui, moriremos todos. Se tienen que ir Mr. Claiborne. Tienen que irse todos."

Lia - Natchez, Downtown - Brian, Becky, and Sam

Shortly after calling out to Becky, Lia was surprisedly met with a rock pummeling her in the center of her back. "Ack!" she cried, rubbing her back with her left hand quickly before glancing over her shoulder. Behind her, she could see the male from earlier rushing toward her. "Oh, shit! Renegade, run!" she exclaimed, beginning to bolt ahead faster. Lia hadn't been certain before if she had knocked the boy out, but she was, at least, not expecting him to get up again as quickly has he had.

Feeling the boy to be her main threat at the moment, the blonde made sure to put all of her energy into running away from him. Renegade, however, had stronger senses than her as a dog and knew they were about to come in contact with something far worse than just an innocent stranger chasing after them. He skidded to a stop and stood still for a moment, refusing to continue his running.

Upon realizing her companion had halted himself, Lia stopped too. She thrust her head over her shoulder, frowning when she saw him. "Renegade, we gotta no, now!" she cried, motioning rapidly for her dog to come. She even whistled to him, clicking her tongue in a manner she had taught Renegade to understand meant "come." The dog, however, didn't budge from his spot—instead he started to growl, his ears moving back.

Puzzled, Lia turned to look in the direction he was staring. "What the hell has got you so worked up? We need to go before that kid catches us. We wouldn't want him to find out where we're go— SHIT!"

The young survivor's mouth suddenly fell open. She stared in awe as a very large hoard of walkers began moving in her direction. Her eyes widened and her jaw trembled. The girl hadn't seen a hoard this big in quite some time. It was a bad situation; suddenly she was in a lot more danger than she had hoped to be in. "Renegade, we gotta go."

Whirling around, Lia began to run in the opposite direction. She wasn't sure if she should go back and hide in the dark apartment building—which was a dangerous place—or run to look for a hiding place somewhere else and risk not finding one. Lia bit her lip, hoping the young man from earlier, Brian, would leave her alone as she passed him. The dead was big enough threat already right now; she didn't want to worry about the living too.

@TheColourlessRainbow @OrlandoBloomers
Brian-Natchez, Downtown - Becky, and Sam

Brian managed to chase the teenage girl for quite some time, with his dog at his side and his cat not to far behind, Brian was able to follow the girl for quite the distance, even though the distance between the two was at least 7 feet or so. When he noticed her dog stop, Brian halted faster then he ever had in his entire life. His animals did the same as they stopped beside him. Brian was to far to hear what the girl was saying to her animal, but as she come running back towards him, Brian managed to see the large horde approaching.

"Oh fuck. Oh gods, that's the largest horde I have ever seen." mumbled Brian to himself as he scupped Simon into his arms.

"Come on Lucky!" shouted Brian to his dog as he ran towards the direction the girl has went. He was true he didn't know her, but he knew if he was alone when the horde hit, he or his animals would surly die.

@OrlandoBloomers

Riley-Morgantown Community-Mel, Joselina

It seemed like the trio of the stammering teenager, the goth punk, and the well Riley didn't even know how to describe the other girl. Other from thinking that she looked completely and utterly awesome with the muzzle and the like. Though he didn't think too much about why she'd be wearing such a thing. He had managed to pick up a skateboard of his own and even though he wasn't the biggest fan of the color, he did like the writing on the bottom of it.

deathwish-deathspray-marble-pink-white-skateboard-deck-8-0-p13769-30811_zoom.jpg

With the skateboard slung over his shoulder, Rilely slowly inclined his head to the side as he glanced at Mel. "We're approaching the community again so thought I'd ask. You think they'll let her in?" He'd say obviously referring to the girl that him and Mel had stumbled across and who had brutally disposed of a shambler before their eyes. In quite the gory and badass fashion.

@C.T. @Krieg

• Thank You
Reactions: C.T.
Mel - Morgantown - Riley, Joselina

She had just tilted her head at that choice before shrugging and giving a brief nod as they continued on. The makeshift home base of sorts wasn't that far off now and they weren't knee deep in a horde. Things were calming. As much as they could in this situation, anyway. She shot a brief glance over at Riley when he asked his question before returning her gaze to the street underneath her feet as she went, considering her answer.

tumblr_mr1ffrXfwM1qg1euzo6_250.gif

"I wish they would." She replied, voice dropping to a quiet whisper. "I mean, I don't trust her as far as I could throw 'er. But...she's mighty good at killing walkers. And you know what people used to say back in the day. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I got no damn idea which one she is yet but I figured it'd be better to keep her in the group, have eyes on her and all that shit. As opposed to having her out here, running wild with the walkers and being an unpredictable factor. A possible wrench in the works." She exhaled, wiping a hand across the bottom of her nose as she sniffed.

"But honestly, I fucking doubt they'd go for that. After the hick and his buttboy chewed me out earlier? I don't picture 'em being real open to that idea. What do ya think? We gotta ditch this bitch?"

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Krieg

Nathan - Morgantown Community - Scarlett, Tyler, Jon, Katie, Others
They survived another night, and one quite pequilar at that. The horde walked passed the community. It was now the morning after, and only a few of the dead were strolling about Morgantown in general and not just the school. People were much more calmer now around him. He was glad to see the smiles on their faces. So far, they were past one hurdle, but now, there was that one group of strangers that begged his mind.

He had a couple of water bottles in his hands before he approached the door to the gym which was locked, and one of the community members standing guard outside. "All good?" He asked, wondering if something happened since last night. "Yep, so far, no trouble from inside.." The man responded to Nathan. "Alrighty then, you may leave, I'll take over from here."

"Sure thing, Nathan." The man nodded in agreement, before he left. Opening up the gym, he ventured inside, his hazel eyes falling on each and every individual, from Katie to Tyler, Jon and the rest. A chair was next to the door inside the gym. Nathan picked it up and approached the strangers and placed it a few meters away. "Anyone thirsty?" Nathan asked with an easy expression, walking from one to another. He knew that they were at least starving if anything, but thirst was something he wanted for them to quench.

After the ones who wanted the water bottles grabbed them, he turned away and approached his chair, sitting on it. Silent echoed throughout the gym, before he started. "Is she okay?" He asked, referring to Katie.

@Atomyk @Wolverbells @ResistingTheEnlightened

Status
Not open for further replies.