The Walking Dead - Among the Ruined [March to Death]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floyd - Outside the Superstore - Scarlett/John/Phillip

As the situation became troublesome, Floyd remained in the car in silence, watching the walkers gang up on the other survivors. While keeping pressure on his new wound, Floyd forced his upper body under the steering wheel. Without a screw driver, he used his knife to forcefully pull out the panel under the steering column. With the ignition cylinder and wires exposed, Floyd took hold of the power cables and cut them from the cylinder. After striping the ends of each lead, he twisted them together which provided power to the vehicle's electrical systems. Afterwards, Floyd took the two power wires and stripped the edges to expose the threaded ends. Unfortunately by this time he had let go of his wound and let the blood drip from his neck and soak the car's flooring. His vision was becoming blurred by the loss of blood but managed to still the wires together, causing the vehicle to stutter loudly until it finally idled and ignited.

The engine was thudding vehemently and white smoke escaped through the rear baffles - indicating that sooner or later the engine would give in. Floyd again applied pressure to his wound and used his free hand to slam on the roof and get Scarlett's attention (not that the car's roaring had not).

"LET'S GO!" he yelled, watching a walker slam against the passenger side door. It tried to pry through the window, but it's movements were too slow and did not give him the momentum nor strength to bust through it. Floyd just stared at it for he had never really took time to see what they had become. Its features were horrific, eye sockets sunk in like demons. This particular walker had a large slash across its face, as though someone attempted to kill it but failed. It was a miserable sight to see as it continued to struggle. Angrily, Floyd turned again and started smashing his fist on the ceiling. "C'MON!! LET'S GO!!"

Scarlett - On the Road - Floyd

With the all of the commotion going on around her, Scarlett began to panic as she struggled to hotwire the vehicle; Luckily, Floyd had taken to helping her, even in his wounded state. Scarlett mainly sat in her seat, wide eyed and dumb founded, but kept her eyes on the walkers that approached.

The fact that the cars engine had already started didn't register with the woman up until Floyd had hit the roof of the vehicle and yelled, but instead of helping, Scarlett merely froze and she stared at the blonde man in shock, only reacting when he yelled at her once more. She had hopes that the other two would have gotten the cue from her shouting, that they should get in the vehicle, but they were still ways away and the walkers had begun to crowd around the car.

Nodding frantically, Scarlett stepped on the accelerator and watched as the couple of walkers in front of the car go under, causing her to jump around in her own seat. "They're going to die...." She muttered, feeling a tang of guilt as she sped off down the street as fast as possible.

It hadn't taken them long to leave the crowd of walkers behind, so as soon as Scarlett felt it safe to slow down, she did so. "How am I going to explain this?" Once again she was talking to herself, but when she noticed Floyd hadn't responded, Scarlett turned to see if he was still conscious. "Floyd? Fuck, there's too much blood." A sense of frustration over the actions that John had taken made her hit the steering wheel, but instead of having an internal dialogue, she began to act fast. "Here.." She took off her backpack, while keeping the car in motion, and handed it to the man next to her. "There's some pain killers I snuck out, and water. Take them and I'll patch you up in a second. Then we can talk."

Although she did feel bad for what had happened, she still couldn't push aside the hate she had for both him and Hank and the killing of her sister.

"Here."

They had reached a gas station with only another car, and as soon as Scarlett stopped, she hopped out and ran over to the passenger door. "Please don't try and fight me off or argue," she warned him but held no threat in her voice as she took the backpack out of his hands and proceeded to take out a small first aid kit. "I'm just going to clean it and put gauze on it." With that being said, she cautiously placed her gun on the roof of the car and gave him a look as she reached over to help.

"You can distract yourself by telling me where Hank is."

John - Phillip - Outside Wal-Mart

Bang, bang, bang. The sound of bullets piercing through rotten flesh. He had enough ammunition to take out the rest of the Revenants, but he's need more. As he tried to reach the car, he was telling at Phillip "Phillip, lets go! We have to go!" He stayed there though, firing bullet after bullet to keep them away from Phillip and himself. The fear he was not wanting to hear though was the accelerator of the car driving away, and as it did he looked at the car drive away. "Hey! Where in Hell are you going?!" John waved at the car speeding away before he took out his dagger, quickly walking up to one of the Revenants and stabbing one in the eye. And he kept with this one, repeatedly stabbing it in the head out of anger before standing up and crushing the little brain it had with his boot. Everything about the situation turned awry, as he stood up, his arms, hand, face and boots were covered with the blood of the dead. As John turned to look at Phillip, he nodded at the direction of the Morgantown Community. "We walk. Before the rest come for us." He says before he performs a shirt jog/stumble for his knee.​

Myriah - Room #5 - Joe

She stood still for a long moment, eyes on the end of the hall where the man had disappeared to. She was thankful the moment had ended without incident, but she had the sinking feeling she'd managed to make an enemy of someone in this place. She knew she was prone to paranoia, but it was hard not to see what had just occurred as anything but disastrous. "I'm... Myriah," she managed to say, stepping inside the room and closing the door behind her. Hands clasped at her waist, she moved closer to the man to get a good look at him through her cracked glasses, wondering if he had taken on any wounds.

"I'm sorry to hear you've been going through some trouble. If I can, I'd like to make your transition here pleasant." She offered Joe a small smile, but she could tell she didn't look like she was in a smiling mood. His comment of her being a good person had put her off balance a little, causing Danny's harsh criticisms of her behavior to echo inside her head. She would atone for what she'd done. She would make things right-- hopefully, starting with this guy standing before her. "Would you mind telling me a bit about yourself, Joe? Such as, how you and your friend ended up here? I don't mean to interrogate you right after all that, but... I-I'm relatively new here myself and I don't know Natchez well at all."

Floyd - The Road - Scarlett

As alcohol was dabbed on his open wound, Floyd felt his nervous system wanting to reject the pain - but he withstood. The first set of gauze pads were used to apply pressure and soak up some of the dried and excess blood. The second set of pads were taped onto his neck firmly to prevent and further altercation. Despite the gauze shelling, Floyd firmly applied his hand over the wound.

Without answering her question during the first aid process, Floyd was urged to answer now. His eyes turned towards Scarlett's; amazed at how much of Samantha he saw in her, he was drawn back for a little more time - unconsciously evading her question. It wasn't until she backed up a little that he regained sense of their situation.

"I don't know where he is. We got separated," was how Floyd put it - getting straight to the point and answering her question as questions of his own began to form.

"Why you tryin to find Hank?" He asked her, now beginning to wonder if she knew that Sam was dead. Floyd surely didn't wanna be the one to break it down for her - it wasn't the time not the place. Noticing how vulnerable they were in the open, Floyd didn't wait for a reply and suggested they continue down the road. The car had already come to an imminent stop as the battery had seemed to perish along with the engine.

"We walk down this path, we'll get to the river from before," he stated, recalling the group had crossed a river or lake whilst heading for Morgantown.

--------------------------------------

Phillip - Towards Morgantown - John

"What the hell!! That bitch left us!!" Phillip yelled as he ran alongside John back to Morgantown. The two men had fortunately made it out of the forming horde of walkers, but were bus leading it towards home.

Becoming tired, Phillip slowed down to a power walk, but still keeping a steady pace in front of the trailing dead.

"I'm gonna tell Claiborne and he's gonna have her head. Fucking bitch! She was with them all along. I bet you she's gonna bring those animals back and try to take over Morgantown. That's why they separated into two groups!" Phillip said eagerly as though he finally came to a realization.

"They're going to attack Morgantown from both the inside and outside!" Upon finishing that sentence, he again started to jog, forcing himself to push a little harder to get to Clay before this vital 'information' was delivered too late.

Scarlett - The Road - Floyd

Scarlett had waited quietly for Floyd to answer, not wanting to put too much pressure on him and having him explode on her. She had seen the man before and how he reacted to certain things. At times it had reminded her of how her younger siblings reacted to being told no.

Once she had finished, she shoved everything back in her backpack and grabbed her gun before backing away from him. It had taken him a minute, but he finally answered her, and it wasn't what she wanted to hear.

"What?"

Her eyes widened as she stood in shock, feeling a wave of hopelessness wash over her. She wanted to give up. Nothing was going her way. Even after he asked her why she wanted Hank, she didn't answer.
It wasn't until he suggested where to walk that she reacted, and it wasn't in the way she had planned. "Sam is dead!" Her voice broke as she yelled at Floyd without really meaning to yell at him. Saying it out loud was worse than she had thought, once again bringing her to her breaking point. "I need answers..."

Fan - Apartments - Cutter, Emma

"That's why the doors lock from the inside, Cutter."

As the two friends joked, Emma would appear. However, as the girl spoke, one thing came to Fan's mind.

"Fuck! You left him by himself!?"

Fan motioned for Cutter to follow. making their way to the top of the roof, The two find Thom sitting against the wall, reading a book and listening to music. Noticing the their guns were out, Thom lifted his hands in the air.

"Umm, Hi. Still here, don't shoot."
"

Fan sighed as she lowered her weapon.

"Cutter, this Thom. As you can see, we have things to "

@HellHoundWoof @SheriffLlama

............................................................................................................................................

Joe - Room #5 - Mryiah

Joe smiled at the girl's question, shifting his body into a more comfortable position on the bed

"Where to begin? Well, I lived around this area most of my childhood. My mom and dad had a farm few towns over. However, I wasn't here when the shit hit the fan. I was in Atlanta. I play, I played baseball for the Braves. I was a catcher. Long story short, came down to find my family. Didn't work out. Most of them are dead."

Joe paused as he looked for the right words.

"Find this other group in this area, was with them till a few days ago. That's a long story. Let's just say I tried to do the right thing, and I end up getting shot by my old group, and after the shooting, I got my face caved in by the group I was trying to help. My friend, the girl I brought in , she was staying in shelter. I got her and her dog, and ended up getting into a car crash. Now I'm here. So that's been my week. "

@Atomyk

End of Season 5

Next season can be found here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.