• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Myriah - Back of Apartments - Rob/Emma/Joe/Enrique/Cutter

Myriah had paused, standing frozen on top of the dumpster, her mouth dry as sandpaper and her thoughts more jumbled than she could imagine. She didn't know why she didn't take that final leap over the wall. Maybe she was scared, or maybe she thought she deserved this confrontation. Myriah had never been able to trust her own body to do what she wanted it to do, or even what she thought she wanted it to do. Too often had she stood like a deer in the headlights, letting life take her by surprise and punish her for her inaction.

This time, her inaction allowed Enrique to grab her and pull her down from the dumpster, almost slamming her head against its rough surface in the process. The woman's breath caught in her throat as the sharp metal was shoved in her face, Enrique pressing it close enough to her eye for her to feel the cold metal on her skin. By the time she did manage to remember she needed to breathe, she found herself restricted by Enrique's grip on her throat. She ended up choking slightly, and Myriah panicked momentarily at the thought of her accidentally pushing the shiv into her eye. She heard the pleas of the others around her, but a part of her wanted to tell that it was okay.

Because, if Myriah died here, she figured she would have deserved it.

Annoyed, Enrique did end up digging the knife into Myriah's skin, causing her to let out a tiny whimper at the sharp pain. Her face reddened at this, the woman embarrassed she couldn't take a little pain without reacting to it. Through this, Enrique loosened his grip on her neck, allowing Myriah more room to breathe and the ability to speak. He expected her to say something. She knew she had to say something. She owed Enrique that much.

"I'm..." Myriah paused to swallow, her mouth still so damn dry. "I'm just... I'm just sorry. It was fake, Enrique. I wasn't in my cabin when it went up in flames. I was already gone."

Caleb - Roxie - Kylie/Becca/Adam

Leading his three-man team into the small town of Roxie, Caleb was feeling pretty confident. Not since he'd left the apartment he had shared with Tina and the others had Caleb felt secure with his place in the world. Sure, things had never been easy living under the threat of Tremblay, but the war and the long trek that had followed... it was not something Caleb wanted to repeat again. Natchez seemed clear of threats such as what they had known back in Baton Rouge, leaving Caleb with the satisfaction of knowing things were going to be okay. Maybe one day, when Morgantown was larger and more secure, Caleb would head on South to New Orleans and see Tina and Elyse again. Caleb was sure Adam would want to see them again as well.

The group had hit a few occasional houses, finding mostly empty homes filled with junk, or homes inhabited only by the dead. Becca had said little as they went, her mind focused on the task at hand, but Caleb had heard Adam muttering to himself on multiple occasions. Caleb's friend had been a mess ever since they had left Baton Rouge, his disposition only improving once they arrived at Morgantown. Tyler had sent Adam out here as a test to see if he was still suitable for this kind of work, but Caleb knew that Tyler was hoping it wouldn't work out for him. Adam may have betrayed Caleb and the others, but he had still been their friend, leaving Caleb with the hope that Adam would soon begin to improve. Hopefully this time without drugs in his pocket.

After a brief venture digging through an overstuffed family garage filled with too much garbage to count, Caleb and his team spotted a girl leaving a home just down the road. The sight alone sent Caleb into disbelief, though Becca made sure to point the girl out excitedly. Roxie was so small and lifeless, Caleb had not even bothered to entertain the thought they would run into someone living. Yet, here someone was and looking as if she was travelling alone. There was the chance she had friends in the area, but Caleb was not in the mood to immediately distrust this woman. Holding up a hand, he waved it so the woman could spot them.

"If she pulls a weapon, I'm firing," muttered Adam.

Caleb sighed. "Hold off. Let's not be paranoid, okay?" Adam let out a disgruntled noise at this, but otherwise did not argue.
@Ruby.

---
Ricky - Roxie - Aiden/Jake/John

He had spotted the trio from his perch, but hadn't been able to believe his eyes at first. Thinking he was going mad, Ricky had called to one of his men to take a second glance through the binoculars, but they confirmed to him he wasn't seeing a mirage. Roxie was a shit town for shit people, and nowadays as dead as dead could be. No one set foot in this ghost town, not unless you were White Apple men forced into it like the bootlickers you were. Roxie's proximity to the outpost made it a critical location apparently, but for all the time Ricky had set up shop here, he had yet to encounter another living person. Hell, even the dead barely visited.

The men had been excited to finally see some live ones. Ricky couldn't help but agree. Three lone individuals didn't mean much in the way of supplies, but there was always the chance they could lead them to a larger number of people. The prospect made Ricky's mouth salivate. He and the boys had decided to watch the trio for a time to get a sense of where they were headed. Roxie was barely even a town, so the roads all generally went to the same place. Once they had gathered the likely destination of their prey, Ricky ordered them to get going.

It was important to keep at least one of them alive, so Ricky and his men were not prepared to shoot to kill. Maybe wound them a little, probably taking out the ones who started to fight back the hardest. When he gave the signal, the first shot was fired, going wide and slamming into the ground before the trio.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalecOoOoOoOoOper
Asya - Apartments (Asya's Apartment) -Lia

Moving her way to the pot of soup, Asya made Lia a bowl, quickly moving back to give the girl space, Asya smiled. She walk to her fridge, and remove some left over Chicken, slicing the piece apart, she dropped them on the floor for Renegade. Now with hat done, she turned back to the dog's master.

"I've been here for a little a month or two. When I got here, It was just Cindy, Greg, and Fan. Well, Cutter was here, but he never noticed me and Rick,

Pausing, Asya's words lingered

"Rick was my boyfriend. He's gone now. Fan killed him, on his request Rick was a Paranoid schizophrenic. Sometimes he became violent, but it wasn't the real him. We tried meds, but it just lowered his reaction time. It took so much energy to keep him, well, himself. He told Fan it was the only way to keep this group safe

At this point, the young lady wasn't sure who she was trying to convince, Lia or herself.

"This all happened the same day Joe and you showed up. She hid that fact from me till after I helped her treat you. Anyway, it's water under the bridge now. So, How's the soup. The chicken pieces are reasoned leftovers, I made the base by scratch, and had luckily, we found a pasta maker weeks ago, the noodles are home made . So as you eat, where you from? This area? I'm from Ohio. "

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Thom- Around the surrounding apartment -Dagan

"Oh I know you prefer Dagan, but o prefer calling you by you goofy full name."

The light kidding aside. Thom would move on.

"Now, tell me, how bad is it? I can they make it up there, you think?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Libby Roberts and Tobias Rieper -On the Road - Evelyn Scott

"So, what you think, Libby? In my professional opinion, she's seems lost, no real threat if we need engage. So should we leave to meet up the rest our group? "

Signing those words to woman known as Libby, Tobias adjusted his tie. Unlike his partner, his clothing was clean, crisp, and sharp. His suit had little dirt on it, compared to Libby's pants and tank top. Looking down the scope of her sniper rifle, the death woman shake her head. Libby's hearing still on, but she would turn it off as she faced her partner. The two had been hunting all day so far. Lucky, the day had been good to them. Libby was able to shoot a wild turkey, and the duo also managed to catch five squirrels. However, something need to be done for that girl. Libby had to help.

"Be right back. Like you said, she's no threat."

The older woman signed, giving her partner a smile, as she slowly walked away. Rolling his eyes, Tobias watched from a far as Libby slowly her way to the woman in the Car. The closer Libby got, she would raise her hand to show she wasn't a threat."

@Starrnico

Last edited:
Reactions: Atomyk
Evelyn Scott ~On the road ~Libby Roberts and Tobias Rieper
Eve sighed and rubbed at her eyes, putting the map away then glancing around again. She startled when she saw the woman walking up to her car and looked all around quickly to see if this was some kind of trap and that there weren't any dead around. When she was as sure as she could be of both, she got out of the seat and looked at the woman again, studying her "Hello?" One hand was hovering near her waist as if this was a wild west shootout about to happen, though she was just being cautious and didn't mean any harm at least if the other was alive and not another roaming dead. "Please say something if you are alive" She added, the experience behind that plea was pushed back to memory, something she didn't want to ever think of again.

Reactions: Josh M
Dagan -Around the surrounding apartment - Thom

" I still don't know why you insist that, but to each man his own," he said back to him.

This was usually how their conversations started.

" For now, it is all clear. I don't think we should have any problems making it." However, those could also be famous last words.

@Josh M

Riley O'Connor - On the Road - Evelyn/Libby/Tobias/Amelia

The old combat medic stood a distance from Tobias and Libby, his pale hands wrapped around a 9mm pistol and tired eyes watching the pair warily as they approached the lone girl. Amelia came up behind him, her platinum blonde hair shining the dim light of the midday sun. The sky was clear today, their trek through the brush subsequently having gone on without a hitch and awarding the group some valued game. The weather had been clear around here and the surrounding area since Riley and the other Haywood survivors had left their broken home, a far cry from the stormy weather that had plagued New Orleans. Amelia, or Rose as her friends called her, had mentioned it must be a sign of hope for their future. Considering recent events, Riley was sure the woman had been wrong.

The gravity of the mere fact he was still alive despite so much hardship still hit Riley like a ton of bricks, his breath leaving him whenever he thought about all his close calls. He and Amelia were the last of far too many people to count, pushed North by forces that had only vaguely been within their control. Bruce Levi had not managed to sell them out. Tyler had not managed to break them. Robert didn't succeed in his plans. Abram's risky plan had not gone awry. And, finally, the walkers had not managed to consume them. So many threats and so many lost friends, but here Riley stood, feeling like he didn't deserve it.

He didn't blame the other Haywood survivors for seeking shelter in Morgantown; they had children and sick to look after. Nor did he blame Amelia or himself for failing to save Brianna and Audrey. The fact that the remains of Haywood's legacy stood here so far removed from where they started seemed almost inevitable in hindsight, like a footnote on the end of the community's sad history.

The pair of them had run into Tobias soon after losing the others, sticking with him while they travelled away from the dangers of Natchez. Joining up with Libby came after, and Tobias and the deaf woman had been almost inseparable ever since. Riley didn't mind, for he found more camaraderie with Amelia than he ever did with Tobias, but sometimes it did feel like they were a group of two pairs who happened to travel together. It didn't help that Riley's ASL was rather too poor to speak of.

At the very least, Riley was able to understand what Tobias and Libby were getting at once they spotted the girl. He kept his distance to avoid spooking her, but at least kept close enough to be within speaking distance. When the girl asked for them to speak, Riley obliged her with an, "aye, we're alive, and we're friendly. Are you okay there?" Eight years in America and still Riley's Scottish accent was strong as ever. He eyed the girl's wandering hand, noting her caution and thinking he would have found it more strange had the girl not looked worried.

Last edited:
  • Love
Evelyn Scott ~On the road ~Libby Roberts, Tobias Rieper and Riley O'Connor
"Yes, I'm fine" Eve said then smiled "God, it's good to hear another voice again. I'm Eve, Evelyn Scott. Who are you two?" She asked, relaxing a little but not completely just yet. After all, anyone could say they were friendly and not be and they weren't safe just standing around talking anyway. Noise attracted the dead. She smiled at the two, honestly glad to have proof that she wasn't alone in the world. His accent didn't hurt either, since that was one of her favorites to hear.

• Love
[btn=#c29b00]Damien Orwen - Approaching the Apartments - Anyone at the Apartments[/btn]
The young woman before him was quite clueless. There wasn't really much for her to say or give. Perhaps she had done what was needed for now, at least for Damien. She was not only confused, but it was easy to see that whatever she knew as genuine for now. His eyes squinted ever so slightly, while he was looking at the woman. "I only know one person that rides a bike, but I don't know where he is." That was pretty much all Aubrey could say.

"Hmm.." Damien pondered at the situation, not really sure what he was stepping into, but if anything, he was known to make gambles. "I see.. So you dont know about the cart.. And the horse..." Rubbing his chin, he glanced over at the men around him. "Alright.. I guess I'll find out about who that bike belongs to." He tapped twice on the roof of the car and turned away, walking a few steps towards the Apartments.

He pulled up his radio and decided to relay some important information to Verona. "Well.. Verona, looks like we're doing that again. I'll be going in. Talk to the people inside the complex. Come to an understanding. So just be ready, and wait for my signal. You know the rest. Heh." He smirked as he put his radio away.

"Got it, boss!"

Turning around, his hands were on his hips. "Okay guys.. Just gonna.." He pointed back, above his shoulder, with an added smile. "Head to the new folks over there. Have a chat.. See if we can't help eachother out, no?"

Damien had a happy expression on his face for the moment. His smile did not waver, but a mere moment later, he became a bit tad serious. "Keep your eyes peeled for anything. Make sure the ground is covered, and try not rip each others throat out while I'm not around." His men smiled and agreed. Damien turned to his side and decided to make his presence known for the complex and the strangers inside. It was time to make some new acquaintances. "Wish me luck.." He waved his hand in the air ever so slightly.

--------​

Minutes laters, he started to walk towards the gate. He was mostly unarmed, but had a gun strapped to his back. As the people noticed him, and pointed their guns at him, he raised his hands, being all innocent. "Hey hey.. No need to raise any alarms here fellas. Just a friendly here to talk.." Damien stopped for now, keeping his hands raised. "So what'ya say?" The man smiled. He was actually enjoying the moment before him. It had been a long while since something as thrilling as this had happened. Besides, if they decided to end him right then and there, another one, just like him, or even worse would pop up. There would be no end to this.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Josh M and Atomyk
Lia - Apartments (Asya's Apartment) - Asya
The bowl of soup swirled as Asya placed it in front of Lia. She dipped the tip of her pointer finger into the lukewarm broth, stirring it to make sure it continued swirling. As she watched the liquid move, she placed her face closer to the bowl so that the warmth emanating from it would hit her face. She breathed in the steam, closing her eyes for a moment to enjoy the feeling. Whether her stomach was ready to intake the nutrients of the food or not, at least the blonde could enjoy its soothing warmth.

While she played with her food, Lia remained quiet. Asya talked quite a bit, openly pouring out information on her past to the teen. The past was the past, in her opinion, and talking about it wasn't going to change it or make it any better, so Lia was sorely tempted to tell Asya that she didn't care. But, thankfully, Lia had a bit more manners than that. She wasn't about to be rude to the person taking care of her. Biting the hand that feeds you wasn't exactly her style. Still, that didn't mean Lia was going to return the favor and spill out a ton of information on her past too--not to someone she didn't trust, at least.

"Too bad," Lia replied, uncaring when she stated her boyfriend had been killed. She wasn't the best at consoling others--and she knew it--so the blonde quickly moved along. "The soup is, uh," Lia paused, realizing she hadn't even tried it yet. Her stomach turned just from the smell of it due to her nasty virus, but the least she could do was taste it, right? Lia opened her mouth and touched the tip of her finger against her tongue so she could assess a bit of the flavor. "It's good." Her comment about the soup may not have been the greatest or most enthusiastic, but it was sincere. If there was another thing Lia had a hard time doing it was being enthusiastic or cheerful, ever since the apocalypse had happened, at least.

When Asya dug deeper for more conversation, Lia answered with the shortest of replies possible. "I'm from Ohio too." She wasn't trying to be rude, but she just wasn't that into talking. Not to mention, she was sick after all. It was kinda hard to feel like having a stimulating conversation when she felt like she could throw up again at any moment. But, eh, at least she could try and sound grateful. "Thanks for feeding my dog," she added, glancing down to a very perky Renegade who was scarfing the chicken off the floor, his tail wagging happily.

John - Roxie - Aiden, Jake, Ricky

Silence filled the lonely air. How far did they even get? It didn't matter at the moment, John was more cautious of the never ending silence that didn't seem to disappear, the only thing to be heard was the groups feet being dragged, and the wind blowing gently. John looked up, down, left and right before slowing down a bit, the open road ahead of them seemed vastly deserted. John then raised his hand, a fist balled up to signify "Stop" in a quiet hand motion. "Spread out more... Jake, take the right flank... Aiden should take the left. I'll stay centered on the road." With that, John continued forward as he kept the pistol held tightly in both of his hands, looking up at the roofs of buildings. "Not many places to shoot from here... Those tight areas inside the buildings... We search any of them, could be an ambush." John squinted his eyes at the sight of the suns rays hitting his eyes. "Putain de soleil... Can't see a single damn thing in front of me." John sighed as he brushed away the sweat from his eyebrows before he heard it. Thwack! The dust from the bullet landed in front of him, quickly falling back as John raised the Beretta and fired in the general direction. "I knew this place wasn't all sunshine and rainbows!" Before John could be shot at again, he stood up with a groan before he did a stumble run toward the nearest wall, which was about two (estimate) buildings away.

"Do you guys see where the fire is coming from!?"

Thom- Around the surrounding apartment -Dagan

"We're not going anywhere, you are."

Thom smirked as he lead the young man to the gates

"In a few days, when we go back to the kingdom, i'm going to need you to go with a small group of the people of Apartments to Jackson. Fan and I marked several spots of interest. It's a sign of good faith. These people are good allies, and worthy of helping. You are, if you realize it or not, one of my most trusted guys. I don't let many knights go by themselves. I trust you Dagan, and I know these people will too."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Fan -Apartment's gates - Damien, Greg, others

As Greg held his shotgun towards Damien, Fan would march forward. Her staff he hand, gun her side, she didn't show fear as she looked up at the man. Studying him before responding, Fan got a bad feeling from the stranger. He was too confident for Fan's liking.

"Lower the gun, Greg."

Fan would stare at the man. In her mind, everything was pointing to the man being a threat. His whole vibe screamed "alpha male". However, the man jump on her. She realized he wasn't dumb enough to come alone. Most likely, he had the group surrounded. Maybe had a sniper on the scene. Fan had to play this cool.

"I am the leader, if you're looking for one. My name is Doctor Fan Roberts, The man with the gun his Greg. So you want to talk? Talk what? "

Fan kept her cards close to the chest. She had to play this smart.

@Akashi @Atomyk @-QT-

Libby- On the Road- Tobias, Evelyn, Riley, Amelia

With her hearing aid currently off, Libby had to squint her eyes to read Eve's lips.

"I'm Libby, he's Riley."

It be clear to Evelyn that, by the way Libby was speaking, she had a hearing disability . However, the woman seemed high on hope. Lastly, Tobias would join his group and the new girl. Lightly laying his hand on Riley's shoulder, he would point to where the came from

"Hmm, since the girl seems okay, would you mind fetching Miss Aoi and the Van and bring them around here. Mister O'Conner? Then we can figure out where to go next, as a group."

@Starrnico @Atomyk

Last edited:
Dagan- Around the surrounding apartment-Thom

Dagan paused and wasn't sure what to say for once.

This was another one of this instances where Thom has shocked him.

He listened intently on what he was saying and understanding that he was given a great task. If he failed, then something terrible was bound to happen and if anyone died, it would be bad for the kingdom. " I trust your judgement and will be happy to do whatever you want," he said, as he still felt like he owed a debt to Thom for allowing him to be a knight and trusting him so damn much. " So, what else can you tell me?

@Josh M

Enrique-Back of Apartments-Joe, Myriah, Cutter, Emma, Rob
Enrique raised the shiv slightly, turning it in his hand so that it's sharp end was aimed down. He raised it up slightly again, his face contorting into rage then anguish.

"You're fucking sorry?!" Enrique bellowed at her, "Do you know you did? Do you know who I lost?"

Enrique was staring at her, he was looking through her eyes. He saw she was afraid and he knew she should be. Amanda crossed his mind, he imagined her here with him. If she were alive so many things could've been avoided. Sylar would be alive. Sylar.

"Why did Sylar burn down your cabin?" Enrique asked lowering the shiv, "Why didnt you warn us?"

Within a second of the shiv being lowered a large arm was wrapped around Enrique's neck and wrenched him away from Myriah. Enrique threw an elbow back and felt it land against a leather jacket. But the arm around his throat didnt loosen its grip. Enrique was brought to the ground and his assailant took a knee. Enrique put his feet flat on the ground and pushed his knees up.

"Calm down hombre," The large man behind him said, "Trust me you aint getting outta this hold."

"Fuck you..." Enrique said through labored breath, Cutter was slowly closing his elbow in order to force Enrique into submission. Enrique still held his shiv and dug it into Cutter's hand. Cutter grunted and grabbed Enrique's hand with his free hand. Enrique began pushing his body up with his legs but it only tightened the grip around his throat. Eventually blackness crowded his vision and he fell into an unconscious slumber. Cutter let Enrique slump to the side and held his injured hand, he stood and landed a kick in Enrique's stomach.

"Myriah, you got explaining to do..." Cutter said as he walked to his pistol and picked it up from the ground.​

Kylie Benson - Roxie - Caleb/Becca/Adam

Moments after she made a few steps out of her house, some movement caught her attention. The movement seemed caused by people, or more specifically, a person waving, with two other people. Before attempting to move any closer, the first thing she did was pull her pistol from it's holster. Holding it up only momentarily so the other people could see it, before dropping it on the ground. With said task completed, hopefully as a show of faith, she moved closer until she was only a few steps away from them. She slowly pointed at the pen in her pocket, hoping the slow movement would tell them she wasn't drawing a weapon, pausing near the pen to watch them. Very few people understood what she meant by pointing to the pen, but at least this way it resulted in far less misunderstandings than just reaching behind her to grab it from where her notepad resided.

@Atomyk

Reactions: Atomyk
Abel Dawson - The Apartments - Fan/Thom/Damien/Etc.

Abel didn't react much when Dagan showed up. He'd been on plenty of missions with Thom and the other Knights, and random drop-ins were a normal thing by now. The drop-ins were normally by other knights, however. When the stranger popped up, unannounced, he whirled around. "You guys really attract attention don't you?" He said, towards the apartment group.

He didn't interupt Fan's talking, but rather stepped a few paces behind her and called Thom to them. He motioned to the other knights under his command and motioned for them to follow his lead. The circled around the man, and he had the female knight move to search him. "Please, it's only a precaution." He said.

He waved to fingers to the sides of the streets and the other two knights followed his example, sweeping down the street to check to see if this guy had friends with him. They searched the two closest buildings but found nothing but dead roamers. Abel went up to the roof, but found it to be seemingly clear as well. He grabbed his radio and spoke into it. "Clear up here, but keep an eye out just in case we're missing something."

@Josh M @Akashi @-QT-

Emma - Behind the Apartments - Enrique/Cutter/Myriah/Joe/Rob

As Enrique spoke, Emma just listened, getting more angry with every word. "Stop it!" She protested, but Enrique ignored her, continuing to berate Myriah with questions. When Cutter moved in and forced Enrique to the ground, she couldn't help but be slightly impressed. The only person she'd ever seen take down Enrique was her brother.

"He's gonna be pissed when he wakes up." She observed to Cutter, trying to convey how serious her statement was. "You should probably get him somewhere he can't get near her." She added, trying to be helpful, despite that he probably already knew this.

@Atomyk @HellHoundWoof @Josh M @Rithas

Reactions: Akashi
[btn=#a88e1b]Damien Orwen - The Apartments - Abel, Fan, Others[/btn]​

It was surprising actually. He did not really think the leader would just pop up when he made his presence known. That was quick indeed. It did give rise to a few more questions for Damien. The woman before him was Fan, and judging by the figure before him, she was one attractive doctor. This was also, and supposedly the woman Aubrey was talking about. It made things alot easier for him. Now he did not have to ask the man who held a gun aimed at his head for who was in charge, and his name was Greg apparently.

Damien decided to take this through another scenario he had planned in his head. Albeit unexpected, changing the flow of his thought process was the better call in his current situation. "Heh." A smile crept on his face, as his eyes were locked onto the woman before him. "Well.. Yes and no.. More like.. I come from a small community up north, close to Vicksburg.. And for the past two weeks we've run out of supplies. It's getting harder and harder to feed our family and all."

Giving Greg a look, he glanced about the area, looking slightly at the complex before he continued. A sigh escaped his lips. "But yeah.." Damien still kept his hands raised. "Being as desperate as I was, I drove down to see if I could expand my search for food and water."

"Though, as I failed to notice, my car broke down. It ran out of fuel, and I was unfortunate enough to have a few of those... Walking corpses banging on the car.. I got out. Safe and sound.. As you can see." A soft laugh escaped his lips. His story made sense though. He was being genuine, because a scenario like that had happened to him a long time ago.

"Being as lost as I was, I somehow ended up close to your.." He nodded over Fan's shoulder. "Your place..." Before Fan or anyone could talk, another man appeared. Seemingly with a few people who where dressed uniquely. It was odd. A curious yet puzzled expression was plastered on Damien's face.

'Okay... They have shields, and swords?.. And that Greg guy has a gun?..' They circled around Damien, as the man himself started to look around him. What was this shit? As a woman approached him, and decided to frisk him for a weapon. Obviously she found the gun strapped behind his back. "That tickled.." He made a slight joke, looking over his shoulder, at the woman, who just gave a simple smile, and handed the gun to whoever that was in charge of these men.

"I know its the apocalypse but guys.. Its not like that's set us back to the middle ages.." Damien 'joked' and smiled at the people around him. Was this something like the knights of the round table? Camelot? King Arthur? Would someone bring the Excalibur soon? Would there be a fire breathing dragon guarding this place? What the hell was going on? Anyhow, no one actually laughed at his joke, but perhaps they deemed it as if Damien was mocking them, because in all honesty, he found it stupid and silly.

"No?.. Too Soon?.." He began, before taking a brief pause. His joke was indeed not taken lightly. "Okay I'll stop." At that very moment, he knew they may have questions about the gun behind his back, and decided to address it right away.

"Oh and that gun over there.. You know how it is.. Cant make a supply run without safety right? Thats pretty much all I have.."

@Josh M @SheriffLlama

Myriah - Back of Apartments - Rob/Emma/Joe/Enrique/Cutter

She heard Enrique ask her if she knew what he lost, and the selfish, intrusive thought that popped into her head was if he knew what she had lost?

But it didn't matter. Myriah gritted her teeth and stared Enrique in the face, trying to keep her mind off the sharp object aimed at her jugular. She felt her face grow hot, her whole body shaking at the inevitable before her. So be it. So be it. He just wanted to understand but she didn't think any words she could offer him would give him that. She had done something stupid and too many paid the price. She had thought it was right at the time-- thought it was best for everyone. Of course, Myriah had always been a bad judge of consequence, for as long as she could remember.

Enrique's mention of Sylar was curious, but Myriah did recall what Elliot had relayed about that situation. If Enrique believed Sylar had been the one to light the fire, then she would let him continue believing that. It was for the best.

"Warn you? I wanted you to think I was dead," she seethed, eyes widening. "I was frightened of you!" She knew her words framed an accusation, painting blame on him for her own actions. A part of her wanted to blame him, but she knew outright saying so would bring on the end sooner. Myriah didn't like doing this, and if she had to force an end, she would. A quitter, even in death.

She gasped and stumbled backward, released from Enrique's grip before she could barely finish her sentence. Cutter had grabbed the one and put him into submission, freeing Myriah from what she had thought would be her end. Myriah couldn't be sure if she felt grateful or not. She found herself, licking her lips, watching Cutter with trepidation. "This has nothing to do with you," she said to him. Last thing Myriah wanted was to get into this now. "Please, just--" Myriah let out a vexed noise, balling her hands into fists and pressing them against her forehead. "I won't leave, just keep him away from me for now."

Riley O'Connor - On the Road - Evelyn/Libby/Tobias/Amelia

He gestured stiffly to Amelia, who gave a curt nod in response. "Amelia," he said, the edge of a smile appearing on his face. "And you can call me Riley." Evelyn's demeanor made him relax slightly and he was gracious when Tobias asked him to get the others. He left the group to take a jog back the way they came, down the block to the secure location they'd left Aoi with the van. While Riley didn't approve of leaving anyone alone, Aoi had insisted in her independence she could handle things. It wasn't that Riley didn't believe her (quite the contrary, actually), but it was still the principle of the matter.

It was with some level of surprise that he found Aoi laid out on top of the van's hood, dressed down as if she had been attempting to tan under the hazy sun. While the day was unusually hotter than usual lately, it was not an action one expected to see nowadays. The way Aoi was positioned - her body propped at an angle toward the gate, now facing Riley - and the look on her face made Riley think she had been specifically waiting for him to find her like this. The thought made him cough, his face reddening to match his hair. It was no secret that the girl held some sort of affection for him, no matter how often he brushed off her advances.

"We... ah, Aoi, we ran into a survivor." He stared at her, making an effort to glare at her in the eyes. "You should get dressed."

Caleb - Roxie - Kylie/Becca/Adam

Caleb was momentarily surprised by the girl's actions, freezing for a moment in his approach. It wasn't often that one willingly showed their hand so openly upon first meeting strangers. He was thankful he and his friends seemed non-threatening, in any case. "What's she pointing to her pocket for?" Adam asked, drawing Caleb's attention. He stared at his friend for a moment before turning back to the girl and saw that she was indeed pointing to her pocket. Looked to be a pen, Caleb thought.

"Maybe it's a signal?" Becca offered.

Adam took a few steps forward and looked around wildly. "What, you think she's got friends hidden somewhere?"

"I don't know, Adam," she replied. "Just keep an eye out if you want."

It sounded to Caleb that Becca was just humoring Adam, which was probably the best course of action for now. Taking the lead, Caleb showed his own weapon, a rifle, and placed it on the ground. He told his friends they didn't have to follow suit and made his way for the girl, his hands up as if he was surrendering. When he was close enough to speak to her, he said, "uh, hey there. Name's Caleb. My friends and I have been passing through Roxie." His Southern drawl was evident, though Caleb found his voice tended to come off friendly to most. He smiled at the girl, hoping all she planned to do with that pen was write something down.
@Ruby.

---​
Ricky - Roxie - Aiden/Jake/John

Though Roxie had been a town with a population of peanuts, the dead still wandered into the area more often than not. Ricky knew the fighting would draw some of the bastards in, but he hoped that would add to his plan to box his prey in. His boys had them surrounded in from all sides, and it was easy enough to herd cattle. The sparse streets of Roxie provided two story housing on both sides, allowing vantage points for shooters. If any of the prey would happen to seek shelter in one of the homes, Rickey believed his men had the skill to take out whatever came upon their path.

"Come on now, little piggies, come on," Ricky whispered, perched at a window of his own. He'd cleared away the glass, the barrel of his rifle pointed down to the street below. One of the prey seemed to know what he was doing, so Ricky fired shots his way, hoping to keep him from helping his friends.

• Love
Cutter-Back Of Apartments-Rob/Myriah/Emma/Enrique/Joe
Cutter listened to the woman and put his hands on his hips before widening his stance slightly, making his already large frame that much larger. She told him to stay out of it, and he almost smiled at how simple his response would be. He was going to counter her argument and put her in debt. Emma warned Cutter of Enrique's impending attitude, he knew it'd be that way. Especially with the bruised, possibly broken ribs he'd wake up with.

"I can guarantee he aint gonna be happy. But he's not getting out of his room, maybe not even outta his bed for a while. But I just made sure your little ass didnt just get some new holes to breath out of courtesy el pollo loco there," He pointed at Enrique's unconscious form on the ground, "And if something is going on in the place I call home between two residents I sure as hell expect to know what its about!"

He took a step towards her, he knew what Enrique said. He'd said that he had lost something important, maybe a friend, a lover. He hadd also implied that Myriah was the cause, and she had said she was frightened of him.

"You said you wanted him to think you were dead, you burned down your cabin?" Cutter crossed his arms and stared down the smaller woman, "We're gonna go inside, I'm gonna tie him down. Then me, you, and Fan are gonna chat about this."

Cutter pointed a meaty finger at Joe, "You make sure she doesnt run off..."

He knelt down next to Enrique and lifted one of his arms, pulling it over his shoulder and then hoisting the rest of the man onto his shoulder before standing. He took a second to gain his balance then began walking inside, he looked at Emma and nodded his head for her to follow him. He wanted to discuss Enrique when he woke up, Emma seemed to know him well enough. She could tell Cutter what to keep away from him.​

Evelyn Scott ~On the road ~Libby Roberts, Tobias Rieper and Riley O'Connor
Eve smiled as she watched the others introduce themselves. When Riley was sent off to get another girl and a van her eyebrow rose, bu she didn't make any move to threaten or flee. She glanced around, checking for the dead again, a habit these days, then looked back to the group gathering with her. She decided to trust them at least for now, they seemed friendly enough "Do you have a place around here?" She asked curiously "I've noticed a lot of the stores cleared out nearby."

• Love
Scarlett - On the road

It had been hours since Scarlett last saw Floyd. He had left her to do as she pleased after he ran into a building with nothing but a 'hunch' that his other friends were inside. For all she knew, it could've been a trap or an ambush. By who? She didn't know, honestly. All Scarlett knew was that she had given Floyd two hours to return and that it was three hours now and he had not heard anything. Surely if he had gotten in trouble, she would've heard a gun shot or a yell. Nothing. Nothing resonated from within the building or from the outside. 'You were fooling yourself. He didn't like you. He didn't want to be your friend. He didn't need you. You have weapons and that's all that mattered to him, the voice inside her head was brutally honest as it repeated itself in her mind, chipping away at what hope she had mustered in the few weeks she had been with Floyd.

Sighing, Scarlett stood up from her crouching position and hoisted the back over her head so that the strap would go across her torso. "I'm sorry, Floyd. I gotta go." Her blue eyes looked longingly at the building where he had ran into, wishing he'd come out either successful in finding his friends or just come out period. Nothing happened once again.

---------------------------------------

She had no idea where Morgantown was, nor where she was. Scarlett only knew that she had followed the road back, sneaking around the dead bikers who were now being torn to shreds by the dead.

In her little adventure back to civilization, Scarlett had managed to break into a small boutique near the edge of town. Inside, she had changed all of her clothing; baggy white tank and light blue jeans, then thrown a leather vest on to cushion the continuous bumping of the weapons in her bag against her back.

It felt nice to have some sort of change. She felt clean and a bit more alive, all things considered. With very little water and food for weeks, Scarlett looked near the brink of anorexia. At least in her eyes she did.

------------------------------------------

Being safe in the Boutique, the blonde had gone ahead and taken the advantage of being alone and safe, and went ahead and rested. To say that it was much needed was an understatement. She hardly slept at night now, the bags under her eyes proving it to whomever saw her. She took naps during the day only to be woken up by her nightmares, much like she was this time.

Scarlett had woken up in a frenzy as she reached around for her blade, but calmed down once she remembered where she was.

She had left the safety of the boutique though, to get some more ground covered before the sun went down. Scarlett could only pray that she was near Morgantown, or anywhere close to where there was food and water.

• Love
Reactions: Atomyk and Josh M
Fan -the apartments - Damien, Greg, Abel, Others

In her heart of heart, Fan wanted to believe the man's story. For most of his part, he seemed genuine. However, she had to admit, something was nagging at her. This didn't feel right. Due to the way the area is, and the condition the roads and terrain, The apartments didn't get many people showing up, dead or alive. I mean, Thom found them, so did Hank. But, something in Fan's gut won't back off. Her gut was something she came to trust as a doctor. When working in the ER, patients would lie to you sometimes. Maybe they were embarrassed that they took a Viagra, and that they still have an Erection ten hours later, maybe the person was too ashamed to admit their husband or loved one beat them half to death, so it's easier to till the nice doctor they fell down the stairs, or got mugged. Anyone can act as good as Meryl Streep if they have a good enough reason. However, Fan would have to act cool.

"While I have to admit, I get your plight, and we'd be willing to trade. The living should stick together, Makes sense, right? However, I got to ask, What's your angle here?"

The light tone Fan was taking shifted slightly darke.

"I can tell you're a smart guy, really smart. That's what is scaring me. I mean, you're smart enough to figure out how dumb the swords and shields look, what's next?"

Fan laughed slightly, ending in a lighter tone. She had to play his game. That was this was. She had to either make him relaxe enough to slip, or figure out what his true goals lead.

@-QT- @Atomyk @Akashi

Thom -near the apartments, Dagan

As Thom lead Dagan back to the apartments, Thom would drastically push Dagan away into corner, after seeing Fan talking to a strange man.

"Shit. Dagan, Stay close. I think we have a wolf at the door. Lean over in a bit, and tell me what you see."

Thom had been traveling outside the kingdom for a good while. One of the things Thom noticed was the bunch of destroyed campsites and groups. He thought, while never confirmed, there has to be a power player in the area. Now, was likely the guy talking to Fan? In Thom's eyes? No. But something didn't site right with Thom.

@Akashi @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.